NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Freedom in Medical Research

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Populist Republik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Populist Republik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:30 am

I just wondering how this resolution effected everyone's nation. When this passed I got a huge boost to my economy and economic freedom, but I also changed from an Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Fascists.

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 am

New Populist Republik wrote:I just wondering how this resolution effected everyone's nation. When this passed I got a huge boost to my economy and economic freedom, but I also changed from an Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Fascists.

"Which had nothing to do with the resolution. Those were due to your choice on your daily issue. My economy did not move a single point. The facist thing is just your left wing interpretation of the nation category."
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

New Populist Republik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Populist Republik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:02 am

Dizyntk wrote:
New Populist Republik wrote:I just wondering how this resolution effected everyone's nation. When this passed I got a huge boost to my economy and economic freedom, but I also changed from an Inoffensive Centrist Democracy to Fascists.

"Which had nothing to do with the resolution. Those were due to your choice on your daily issue. My economy did not move a single point. The facist thing is just your left wing interpretation of the nation category."

I checked my nation after the last daily issue was implemented and there was a small change in description and economic trends like normal, but when I checked it again today my economy had jumped up almost 40 points and my tax rate had dropped 2% without any other change than the implementation of said resolution. Also don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in any way about the descriptive change to Fascists as I know this seems to change almost every day anyway. I am more curious than anything about whether or not other nations have seen any significant impact since this resolution was passed.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:06 am

New Populist Republik wrote:I'm not complaining in any way about the descriptive change to Fascists as I know this seems to change almost every day anyway.

OOC: The resolution passing had nothing to do with that change: 'Fascists' is simply what an ICD gets called if you [deliberately or accidentally] start looking at the game through the 'Liberal' theme rather than through the default one. (Check your nation's 'Settings' page to see which theme you're currently using, and to try changing it...)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 am

Claudio Roberto wrote:Nós da República de Cláudio Roberto somos contra esses métodos controversos de pesquisas médicas, que ao meu ver só servem para aumentar o poder econômico das grandes empresas que estão por trás dessa pesquisa, somente pensando no ganho que terão com essas pesquisas. Somos a favor sim de pesquisas que levem a uma solução de possíveis doenças que estão assolando nosso mundo, pois com toda inteligência que Deus deu a esses cientistas, creio que são capazes de realmente encontrarem soluções que ajudem a humanidade. É preciso ser ético nessas pesquisas para que não aconteça como vimos e vemos em todo o mundo cientistas em nome do Poder Capitalista que rege esse mundo fazem pesquisas baseados em idéias que destroem ao invés de construir. Por isso da forma como está colocada a proposta, somos totalmente contra!!

Cláudio Roberto
Líder da República

Did any one else's Universal Translator just go on the blink there for a second?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 am

Shadowlandistan was pleased to see this resolution pass the WA.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

You are an anarcho-collectivistic.

Cosmopolitan 43%- Nationalistic
Secular 104% -Fundamentalist
Visionary 72%- Reactionary
Anarchistic 76%- Authoritarian
Communistic 34%- Capitalistic
Pacifist 47%- Militaristic
Ecological 16%- Anthropocentric

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Claudio Roberto wrote:Nós da República de Cláudio Roberto somos contra esses métodos controversos de pesquisas médicas, que ao meu ver só servem para aumentar o poder econômico das grandes empresas que estão por trás dessa pesquisa, somente pensando no ganho que terão com essas pesquisas. Somos a favor sim de pesquisas que levem a uma solução de possíveis doenças que estão assolando nosso mundo, pois com toda inteligência que Deus deu a esses cientistas, creio que são capazes de realmente encontrarem soluções que ajudem a humanidade. É preciso ser ético nessas pesquisas para que não aconteça como vimos e vemos em todo o mundo cientistas em nome do Poder Capitalista que rege esse mundo fazem pesquisas baseados em idéias que destroem ao invés de construir. Por isso da forma como está colocada a proposta, somos totalmente contra!!

Cláudio Roberto
Líder da República

Did any one else's Universal Translator just go on the blink there for a second?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Mine did. *kicks nearest gnome*
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Linenr
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Linenr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate this!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Carloso
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carloso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 am

My political freedoms went from superb to excessive.
Flag Maker Trend || Carlossian Food Growers Association || Carlossian Military Grade Fighters || Carlossian Military Arms || Factbook of Carloso || The National Anthem of Carloso

DEFCON
>1 Total War<
2 Mobilized
3 Preparing
4 Normal
5 Peace

NUKE SILOS
1 Attacking
>2 On-line<
3 Prepared
4 On Stand-by
5 Off-line

Civilian Alert Level
>1 Severe<
2 High
>3 Medium<
4 Low
5 Peaceful

Wars
Antonian Invasion

Allies
CREEEEEED
Rocotia
Mercurea
Zersium
Waraqistan
Creed Reborn
Lenehen
New Babylonia
Bendoso
Trantoto
Sarhey
Kalarin

Join the ACSN!
The Carlossian Broadcasting Company News Channel
National website

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 am

Although it don't matter much now, i'd love my concerns to be addressed.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives