NATION

PASSWORD

[Defeated] Commend Glen-Rhodes

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Defeated] Commend Glen-Rhodes

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Commend Glen-Rhodes

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Glen-Rhodes | Proposed by: Connopolis

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the World Assembly ambassador of Glen-Rhodes, Dr. Bradford Castro, as one of the most prolific resolution authors of all time,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING their delegation as a behemoth influence within the General Assembly, and has currently drafted, and passed a plethora of resolutions such as:

• GAR#52 Food Welfare Act, which distributes food to countries in a state of famine, while also creating an international seed bank to prevent individual crops from going extinct,
  • GAR#61 WA Copyright Charter, which creates an international standard for copyrights, and protects patent holders from possible discrimination by individual member-states,
  • GAR#70 International Competition Laws, which promotes international free trade, while preventing impairments to international trade, such as cartels, exclusive trade, and other anti-competitive policies,
  • GAR#94 Microcredits and Microgrants, which creates the World Microcredit Foundation, as well as a subset - the Microgrant Institute - the purpose of which is to distribute microcredits and microgrants to impoverished individuals,
  • GAR#112 Convention on Execution, which creates a standard in regards to execution, while protecting certain individuals from capital punishment (pregnant individuals, mentally instable individuals, and children),
  • GAR#130 Elections and Assistance Act, which promotes fair election in democratic nations, and creates the Organization for Electoral Assistance, the purpose of which being to assist nations with elections,

ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a retired defender and the current Head Spokes-nation of the Native Rights Watch - a sub-division of the United Defenders League,

APPLAUDING the government of Glen-Rhodes in their creation of an automatically updated archive of WA resolutions at vote, which reveals the votes of individual WA nations, the votes of individual WA delegates, and the influence that standard WA members have during individual votes, broken down into percentages,

HUMBLED by the etiquette and patience expressed by Dr. Castro while debating in the chambers of the General Assembly, compounded with his persistence and application of logic and reasoning,

CONVINCED that any nation that instills such positive change in the world deserves adequate recognition from the medium in which they conducted such change,

HEREBY commends Glen-Rhodes

I'm pretty new to the SC (I normally stick around the GA), so go easy on me. :p
Last edited by Connopolis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Dr. Castro is patient? :O

also, i'd describe what the resolutions *did* and what makes them special. Admittedly GR's defending history is less spectacular than his WA stuff, i might focus on that.

the NRW stuff could be important, but its also very new and hasn't done anything yet.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Mahaj wrote:Dr. Castro is patient? :O

also, i'd describe what the resolutions *did* and what makes them special. Admittedly GR's defending history is less spectacular than his WA stuff, i might focus on that.

the NRW stuff could be important, but its also very new and hasn't done anything yet.

Duly noted. I'll make the suggested changes.

He can be patient occasionally... :p
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Commend Glen-Rhodes

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING by the World Assembly ambassador of Glen-Rhodes, Dr. Bradford Castro, as one of the most prolific resolution authors of all time,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING their delegation as a behemoth influence within the General Assembly, and has currently drafted, and passed a plethora of resolutions such as:

• GAR#52 Food Welfare Act
  • GAR#61 WA Copyright Charter
  • GAR#70 International Competition Laws
  • GAR#94 Microcredits and Microgrants
  • GAR#112 Convention on Execution
  • GAR#130 Elections and Assistance Act

ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse; Glen-Rhodes is currently the Head Spokesperson of the Native Rights Watch - a sub-division of the United Defenders League,

APPLAUDING the government of Glen-Rhodes in their creation of an automatically updated archive of WA resolutions at vote, which reveals the votes of individual WA nations, the votes of individual WA delegates, and the influence that standard WA members have during individual votes, broken down into percentages,

HUMBLED by the etiquette and patience expressed by Dr. Castro while debating in the chambers of the General Assembly, compounded with his openness to new ideas and his application of logic and reasoning,

CONVINCED that any nation that instills such positive change in the world deserves adequate recognition from the medium in which he conducted such change,

I see dead people personal pronouns.
Representing the interests of Malsitar and Astrolinium in the World Assembly
| The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero, PhD | Chief Justice and Vice Magister of The South |
| The Unified Federal Republics of Malsitar | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Chandler Whitt, LLD | Citizen of Spiritus |
And of course, Giovanni's illegitimate child and everyone's favorite pervy teen, Melvin Ruiz Walsh-Romero!

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat wrote:
Connopolis wrote:
Commend Glen-Rhodes

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING by the World Assembly ambassador of Glen-Rhodes, Dr. Bradford Castro, as one of the most prolific resolution authors of all time,

ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse; Glen-Rhodes is currently the Head Spokesperson of the Native Rights Watch - a sub-division of the United Defenders League,

HUMBLED by the etiquette and patience expressed by Dr. Castro while debating in the chambers of the General Assembly, compounded with his openness to new ideas and his application of logic and reasoning,

CONVINCED that any nation that instills such positive change in the world deserves adequate recognition from the medium in which he conducted such change,

I see dead people personal pronouns.

Thanks; I'll change that. :lol:
Last edited by Connopolis on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Black Marne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marne » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:41 am

Connopolis wrote:
Commend Glen-Rhodes

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the World Assembly ambassador of Glen-Rhodes, Dr. Bradford Castro, as one of the most prolific resolution authors of all time,

CONVINCED that any nation that instills such positive change in the world deserves adequate recognition from the medium in which they conducted such change,

While I support this draft, I would like to point out a couple personal pronouns you missed, esteemed ambassador. However, other than that, you have my full support.

-The Allied States of Black Marne
Defense, Liberation, Bacon: UDL

FUS RO DAH!
World Assembly Delegate of New Dinosaurtopia

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 am

Those ones are OK, as they specifically refer to his WA ambassador.
Connopolis wrote:ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse; Glen-Rhodes is currently the Head Spokesperson of the Native Rights Watch - a sub-division of the United Defenders League,

We've allowed nations to be recognised as a "Prime Minister" or "President" - both of which stretched nation-simulation language about as far as it could go - but "Spokesperson" is a bit too far. You'll need to change that.

Augustus Este
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Este » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 am

Sedgistan wrote:Those ones are OK, as they specifically refer to his WA ambassador.
Connopolis wrote:ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse; Glen-Rhodes is currently the Head Spokesperson of the Native Rights Watch - a sub-division of the United Defenders League,

We've allowed nations to be recognised as a "Prime Minister" or "President" - both of which stretched nation-simulation language about as far as it could go - but "Spokesperson" is a bit too far. You'll need to change that.

So If the head of government/state of a region were titled Chairperson, you wouldn't be allowed to mention in in an SC proposal, because it could be read as referring to a nation as a person? But wouldn't that be an official title, and though it may sound odd to call a nation a chairperson, is it really that different from Prime Minister, President, or even WA Delegate? (All of which IRL, would be titles that and individual holds not an entire nation)

I mean if this proposal referred to Glen-Rhodes as a spokesperson, because he was an advocate for the organization, then yes I can see what you are saying, but the position in question is specifically called Head Spokesperson, a position which the nation Glen-Rhodes holds.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 am

It's the 'person' part of it that unequivocally refers to a person rather than a nation. So yes, you can't say in a proposal that a nation holds a position with the word 'person' in it.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Black Marne wrote:While I support this draft, I would like to point out a couple personal pronouns you missed, esteemed ambassador. However, other than that, you have my full support.

Those are referencing Dr. Castro, Ambassador. However, we are ecstatic to have the support of your excellency.

I've also altered "Spokesperson", to Spokes-Nation.

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Black Marne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marne » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Very well. I was unsure, so just to make sure.

FUS RO DAH!

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Do we have any suggestions prior to submission? I plan on altering the text to focus on his WA career, and to leave his defending as a secondary priority.

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 pm

You've listed a load of WA resolutions, and talked about his conduct in the WA - but you haven't explained how those resolutions are worthy of commendation (how have they benefited the world?).

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Sedgistan wrote:You've listed a load of WA resolutions, and talked about his conduct in the WA - but you haven't explained how those resolutions are worthy of commendation (how have they benefited the world?).

Revised, as per your suggestions. :lol:

Yours,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Black Marne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marne » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

This seems more or less ready for submittal, I think.

FUS RO DAH!

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Black Marne wrote:This seems more or less ready for submittal, I think.

Thank, Ambassador. I plan on submitting this tomorrow night. I am anxious to hear feedback from your excellencies, and crave criticism prior to submittal.

Yours,
Last edited by Connopolis on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 am

ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse

How much did uni pay you to say that? :palm:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
ACKNOWLEDGING Glen-Rhodes as a decorated defender, and a current member of the United Defenders League; the largest organized alliance of defenders in the known multi-verse

How much did uni pay you to say that? :palm:

Nothing. :lol:

I'd have preferred it if Uni participated in the drafting process, but regardlessly, GR is a defender, and the UDL is the largest organized alliance of defenders...

Yours in candor,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:04 am

"I could not agree more that the nation of Glen-Rhodes deaserves this great honor, and I am personally surprised that such a resolustion has not been passed before; however, Dr. Castro might or might not desearve such praise, but I digress."

~Dr. Benjamin Mason
~Acting Delegate to the WA for East Klent
Last edited by East Klent on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am

East Klent wrote:"I could not agree more that the nation of Glen-Rhodes deaserves this great honor, and I am personally surprised that such a resolustion has not been passed before; however, Dr. Castro might or might not desearve such praise, but I digress."

~Dr. Benjamin Mason

Many delegates have defining characteristics - Dr. Castro's just happens to be vehement IntFederacy. While many might disagree with his views, that doesn't negate the amount of work he's done in the General Assembly.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:11 am

Connopolis wrote:
East Klent wrote:"I could not agree more that the nation of Glen-Rhodes deaserves this great honor, and I am personally surprised that such a resolustion has not been passed before; however, Dr. Castro might or might not desearve such praise, but I digress."

~Dr. Benjamin Mason

Many delegates have defining characteristics - Dr. Castro's just happens to be vehement IntFederacy. While many might disagree with his views, that doesn't negate the amount of work he's done in the General Assembly.

"You are quite right, Doctor, it does not negate at all, I was just adding a bit of friendly sarcasm. I fully believe that both Dr. Castro and his homeland have earned such distinction."
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project

The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:17 am

East Klent wrote:
Connopolis wrote:

"You are quite right, Doctor, it does not negate at all, I was just adding a bit of friendly sarcasm. I fully believe that both Dr. Castro and his homeland have earned such distinction."

Dr. Forshaw looked around nervously, quite embarrassed.

"Err, yes, I knew you were being sarcastic. I was, just... testing you! Yes, that's it. I was testing you."

Regardlessly, your support is much appreciate, and I am humbled by your excellency's feedback.

Yours warmly,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:21 am

Connopolis wrote:
East Klent wrote:"You are quite right, Doctor, it does not negate at all, I was just adding a bit of friendly sarcasm. I fully believe that both Dr. Castro and his homeland have earned such distinction."

Dr. Forshaw looked around nervously, quite embarrassed.

"Err, yes, I knew you were being sarcastic. I was, just... testing you! Yes, that's it. I was testing you."

Regardlessly, your support is much appreciate, and I am humbled by your excellency's feedback.

Yours warmly,

"That is quite all right, Doctor, and your welcome," Mason assured him.

Augustus Este
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Este » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Estería supports this proposal.

OOC: I approved it :)

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 am

Augustus Este wrote:Estería supports this proposal.

OOC: I approved it :)

I am humbled by the support of your Honor.

Yours in gratitude,
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives