NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Food and Drug Standards

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rigbyland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rigbyland » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Greenlandic People wrote:Well, the drafting of my fraud bill gave me an idea and I've run with it. Hopefully this proposal can strike a balance between leaving quality control in the hands of national governments, whilst still ensuring that national quality control can be brought to a higher level of accountability and excellence.

Thoughts?

Giving the power to World Assembly boards or committees rather than independant member nations is precisely what has caused me, and several of the nations whom I represent, to vote against bills in the past. Leaving things in the hands of independant member nations was a very good call, and the bill is really excellent overall.
Rigbyland Factbook (Work In Progress)

Territories:
Lennon McCartney

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Doctor Cyclops wrote:
Qumkent wrote:Your Excellency may choose to believe in a reality in which the WA can do anything more than right laws, provide funding and insure enforcement of it laws to deal with an issue but we do not. The point we were addressing was that apparently the WA must need deal with food poverty prior to dealing with food quality, we simply pointed out that this sequence had in fact been followed.

Perhaps your Excellency should bother to read through the record of debate before jumping to foolish and frankly rather rude presumptions about the content of any particular contribution.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the record of your own posts:

Qumkent wrote:There are already WA laws dealing with food poverty, nations with little or no good quality food are already provided it by WA law your Excellency. Familiarise yourself with the canon.

I already believe in a reality in which the WA is nothing but a forum for mutual ego masturbation by toothless do-gooders who propose pointless resolution after pointless resolution. It would be better for the WA to do nothing at all, rather than waste time and money doing pointless things, wouldn't you agree?

We would agree with nothing your Excellency has to say, your Excellency has no manners and your government was deeply unwise to send so ill prepared an individual to represent it at the WA. We have been instructed not to recognise your Excellency or address you in anyway henceforth.

Yours,
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

The Altani Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Doctor Cyclops wrote:I already believe in a reality in which the WA is nothing but a forum for mutual ego masturbation by toothless do-gooders who propose pointless resolution after pointless resolution. It would be better for the WA to do nothing at all, rather than waste time and money doing pointless things, wouldn't you agree?

Well, if you feel that way, there's one thing we could do that I am sure the WA as a whole can agree on.

*shoves the Cyclopean ambassador into the shiny new Altani defenestrator and tosses him out the nearest window*

Don't come back now, y'hear?

-Irina Misheli, Ambassador
The Associated Sovereign Nations of the Altani Federation
Many lands, many peoples, one Federation.

Central Nation
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 19, 2008
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Nation » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:46 pm

The Central Nation government which holds the delegate seat of World Assembly in North America. Today, I would like to express my deepest opinion of all. This resolution violates every nation's sovereignty. Why? Because this resolution which was put to vote to have an established World Assembly Food and Drug Regulatory Agency. While we will assume that all nations from different regions have their own Food and Drug Administrations to be the watchdog of their own food and drug products. So, therefore, the Central Nation government votes AGAINST this resolution. Thank you.

Regards,

Ambassador Mark Davis
WA Delegate of North America
The Democratic States of Central Nation

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I already believe in a reality in which the WA is nothing but a forum for mutual ego masturbation by toothless do-gooders who propose pointless resolution after pointless resolution. It would be better for the WA to do nothing at all, rather than waste time and money doing pointless things, wouldn't you agree?

wow all those syllables in one post... you must be tired... you should take a nap. You know we really should make participation in the WA voluntary... oh wait... it is...
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Hazy Acres
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hazy Acres » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:38 am

Hey mon! Live an' direct mon... we here at Hazy Acre's no like this bill, mon!

We think no single organization should have a right to speak on behalf of all nations in regards to food and especially drugs, mon! :clap:

We do however like your word usage... and hope to see many more well written bills from you in the future, mon!

Much love an' respeck, mon!
Last edited by Hazy Acres on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just Jim in Austin
Civilian

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Jim in Austin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:11 am

As a newly minted WA member I just reviewed the pending resolution "Food and Drug Standards" and feel I must oppose it on practical grounds. Certainly some will balk at the surrender of sovereignty it requires over internal drug production and testing and individual member standards and requirements for approving imports. More importantly, the real sources of bogus and inefficacious drugs may well be nonmember states and will remain unaffected.

I would have taken a different approach. I would have proposed a WA service that can test and certify upon request, whether by a member state or and individual manufacturer. Only constantly supervised and tested products would receive the WA Seal of Approval and it could be withdrawn at any time should quality flag. Then member states could pass their own legislation requiring imports and/or internally produced pharma carry the Seal. Other than policing the fraudulent use of their Seal the WA would then be relieved of all enforcement duties which would be problematic in any case due to sovereignty conflicts.
"Strictly Chump Change"

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 am

PRESIDING OFFICER: This concludes the voting session. This resolution was passed 3,178 votes to 1,864 and all member states come into compliance by 6PM BST.

MS. SARAH HARPER: Well, at least I don't have to worry about getting apples that had worms drilled into it. Good work, honoured ambassador to Greenlandic People.

Greenlandic People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenlandic People » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 am

To everyone who gave my resolution their support, I thank you for your defence of my cause.

And to everyone who opposed me, well, you at least all had coherent reasons for doing so. We don't get that very often anymore.

Yours,

Sigismund Ibsen,
World Assembly Delegate of Lavinium
Member of ODECON
Regional Pages: Forum | Web page | Wiki Page
National Pages: Wiki | Factbook
Author of GA Resolutions: #58 | #64

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 am

The government of the Principality of Qumkent congratulates the authors of this statute and commends them for their work on this important issue.

Yours,
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives