NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend A mean old man

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm

I'll once again support this. And this time around, I have a delegate nation :lol:
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm

A Mean Old Man is one of the pillars of the Security Council and without them it would be a far less interesting place. Without him, it would also be a much less literate place. He’s helped edit a great deal of current World Assembly legislation and helped shape the debate of many others.

I’m in favour of the commendation, but just make sure to get very exacting over the details. I think he’d like it that way. :p

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 am

May we try this again? You could also add his work in TNP and what he is doing for the new sinker, Oiris
Always here and always bored. -_-
Wait I have an idea! Entertain me with your words!

Always loving Pacifica!

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 am

I was asked to wait until AMOM completed a "region-building process" which I would guess is his work in Osiris, so I'll delay and redraft until then.

Jeux II wrote:May we try this again? You could also add his work in TNP and what he is doing for the new sinker, Oiris

I'm unaware as to the exploits stated in TNP, could you elaborate? :unsure:

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

He is the speaker of the house in TNP and is working just as hard there as TP. You talked about his work in TP in the proposal so I thought you may have wanted to throw that in there too.
Always here and always bored. -_-
Wait I have an idea! Entertain me with your words!

Always loving Pacifica!

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:36 am

Newest draft has been updated. The wording around the AMOM/Topdop puppetry is awkward, but I believe that is a legal way to say "puppet nation" in a proposal.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Newest draft has been updated. The wording around the AMOM/Topdop puppetry is awkward, but I believe that is a legal way to say "puppet nation" in a proposal.

Since the WFE of Osiris now says AMOM.. why not just skip Topdog altogether in the resolution... :P
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:51 am

"stretch back to the infant days of the World Assembly"... you mean the Security Council. He's a pioneer of the Security Council.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 am

Unibot II wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Newest draft has been updated. The wording around the AMOM/Topdop puppetry is awkward, but I believe that is a legal way to say "puppet nation" in a proposal.

Since the WFE of Osiris now says AMOM.. why not just skip Topdog altogether in the resolution... :P

AMOM specifically asked that Topdop be mentioned. Also, I've added/altered your second second suggestion.

Balaerica
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Balaerica » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Never. It has to clean up its record with regards human rights. It should be condemned until then.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Unibot II wrote:Since the WFE of Osiris now says AMOM.. why not just skip Topdog altogether in the resolution... :P

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:AMOM specifically asked that Topdop be mentioned. Also, I've added/altered your second second suggestion.

If this is going to happen, Uni, I would at least like for my original persona to be acknowledged. ;)
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 pm

My prior position stands...people who have done far less have been commended. I may not agree with much amom has to say that doesnt mean i respect his accomplishments any less.
Last edited by Punk Daddy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man, the myth, the legend.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Unibot II wrote:Since the WFE of Osiris now says AMOM.. why not just skip Topdog altogether in the resolution... :P

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:AMOM specifically asked that Topdop be mentioned. Also, I've added/altered your second second suggestion.

If this is going to happen, Uni, I would at least like for my original persona to be acknowledged. ;)

Ah okay. :)

*huggles AMOM*

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 pm

A Commend for A Mean Old Man is well overdue. I would support
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Supports and hands out cookies.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Walabamba
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabamba » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:36 pm

I would absolutely support this resolution.
Avenio wrote:The Canadian ubermensch will soon sweep out of the North and devour the world in a thousand-year reign of darkness, as decreed by Dear Leader Harper from his fortress at Barad-dûr, also known as Calgary. So Canada, obviously.

JURISDICTIONS
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JURISDICTIONS » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:03 am

Kalibarr wrote:He deserved to get this a year ago, I'm glad someone has taken it up again.

I swear I would have tried again, but I'm sure that everyone would be mad, it it could have brought back some R4 sentiment.

I support this, seeing as mine failed in the biggest defeat of a resolution in SC history. I'd still like AMOM to have a shiny badge.

And, did you look at my proposal that I wrote so long ago? It has some stuff in there, did you take any good chunks from it?

And I still regret getting my proposal to the floor, although, I can say that I wrote the first R4 compliant resolution in WASC history, even if it was defeated. And i do get my name on NSwiki.

Best hope to your resolution lad,

Juris
Last edited by JURISDICTIONS on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me "Juris" for short. Also, you don't have to type my nation name in all caps either.
Last edited by Max Barry on Mon Jan 01, 0001 12:01 am. Edited 000000000000 times in total.
Takaram wrote:Irony. Rule 4 prevents a repeal based on Rule 4 violations, meaning that Rule 4 does not comply with Rule 4. It should be struck down.
Kingdom of Great Britain - Lord Chief Justice
The East Pacific - Viceroy (Chief Justice) and Viceroy Designee (Asst. Chief Justice)
Osiris - Elder (Justice)

Ginet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ginet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm in favor of this. I think AMOM/Topdop did a great job in Osiris, plus the other accomplishments mentioned.
Last edited by Ginet on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:48 pm

JURISDICTIONS wrote:And, did you look at my proposal that I wrote so long ago? It has some stuff in there, did you take any good chunks from it?

I've never seen your draft I'm afraid.

The Triangulum
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Triangulum » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

For what he did in Osiris he deserved commendation and the rest definitely confirms he needs a commendation.

APPROVE
Last edited by The Triangulum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edlichbury
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Edlichbury » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:54 pm

AMOM has deserved a commendation for quite a while now. In full support, as my region will be.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:RECOGNIZING A mean old man (AMOM) as an active and influential nation founded in 2008 and as a tireless member of the Pacific for over two years, involved both politically and recreationally,

'Recreationally' is an odd term to use to refer to a nation's involvement in a region.

FURTHER IMPRESSED that AMOM recently took a stand against the "renegade Delegate" Punk Reloaded (PR) of the West Pacific with SC#65 "Condemn Punk Reloaded" for the unjustified war that PR declared on the South Pacific and other atrocities committed and noted in SC#65, noting that PR was one of the most powerful and influential Delegate figures at the time and the West Pacific is one of the largest and most powerful regions in the world,

You'll have to replace the word 'figure', as per this ruling.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Sedgistan wrote:You'll have to replace the word 'figure', as per this ruling.

Fixed to address the issue. I'll be submitting this Thursday afternoon if there are no other blatant errors/input to be had.

Zybodia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zybodia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 pm

This draft is suffering from a lack of AMOM editing. Somebody really needs to run a red pen through it before it is submitted.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Zybodia wrote:This draft is suffering from a lack of AMOM editing. Somebody really needs to run a red pen through it before it is submitted.

I don't suppose that will be coming from you, eh?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives