NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Protection of Outer Space Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 pm

Frickin Death Star wrote:
Stash Kroh wrote:...that is, if we do not implement some sort of WA legislation on the subject."

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Capitan Willie turned around to see a seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' whose rigid stance was a frighting combination of a tree and Keanu Reeves.

McDevitt pulled out his shiny ring for extra protection, while holding back a grin.

"We meet again, Darth. How's the Swartz treating you?"
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Frickin Death Star
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Frickin Death Star » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:
Stash Kroh wrote:...that is, if we do not implement some sort of WA legislation on the subject."

Capitan Willie turned around to see a seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' whose rigid stance was a frighting combination of a tree and Keanu Reeves.

McDevitt pulled out his blaster for extra protection, while holding back a grin.

I've been waiting for you, McDevitt. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:

McDevitt pulled out his blaster for extra protection, while holding back a grin.

I've been waiting for you, McDevitt. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.

The Captain held back his laughter, "Master what? Unicycling!? You know.. you really should know by now to specify these things."

McDevitt took a guess at what he meant, and gripped his hands together... revealing his golden ring.

"I have yet to perfect a sublime introduction to a can-of-woop-ass, so until then, this will have to suffice..."

"Its clobbering time...!"

At the sound of his growl, the ring ignited, and extending out was a beam of magical Swartz magic stuff.

"You did want to fight, right?" asked the Captain in a fighting stance worthy of a power ranger, with red slowly creeping into his face.
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:24 pm

The Principality of Qumkent opposes this statute for reasons too numerous to list.

Yours,
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Greenlandic People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenlandic People » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 pm

I don't buy much of the idea of "polluting space". Space is so vast, so unconquered, and so limitless that whatever debris and damages are done to it, they will never be enough to outweigh the incredible societal, industrial, and economic benefits that the exploitation of space is poised to provide. While we feel that certain clauses of the resolution may be worthy, they generally only apply to nations who exist at a technological level beyond that of most others. For example, keeping celestial transit routes clear of debris is important for interstellar travel and should be mandatory for super-luminous nations. But then, how many nations in the World Assembly have ever even left their home planet? Certainly not enough to justify all of the money we're putting into this.

Yours,

Sigismund Ibsen,
World Assembly Delegate of Lavinium
Member of ODECON
Regional Pages: Forum | Web page | Wiki Page
National Pages: Wiki | Factbook
Author of GA Resolutions: #58 | #64

Frickin Death Star
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Frickin Death Star » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:"You did want to fight, right?" asked the Captain in a fighting stance worthy of a power ranger, with red slowly creeping into his face.

Before you die there is something you should know about us. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' lunges at McDevitt, slashing furiously with the saber.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:"You did want to fight, right?" asked the Captain in a fighting stance worthy of a power ranger, with red slowly creeping into his face.

Before you die there is something you should know about us. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' lunges at McDevitt, slashing furiously with the saber.

The Captain smiled as the seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' 's saber slashed and hacked at all of McDevitt's phantom limbs.

McDevitt howled in an emotional outbreak after realizing that his father's brother is his inbreed Uncle Bob, who's severely crossed eyed nephew is Donald, who's Cousin is... the one and only Captain McDevitt himself ?

"Dammit... You made a shitty roommate !" declared the Captain.

The Captain succumbing to his anger, violently returned the attack with his ring of the Swartz -- secretly hoping that what they say about Watermelons & Swartz length was true because he dearly needed the reach.

Greenlandic People wrote:I don't buy much of the idea of "polluting space". Space is so vast, so unconquered, and so limitless that whatever debris and damages are done to it, they will never be enough to outweigh the incredible societal, industrial, and economic benefits that the exploitation of space is poised to provide. While we feel that certain clauses of the resolution may be worthy, they generally only apply to nations who exist at a technological level beyond that of most others. For example, keeping celestial transit routes clear of debris is important for interstellar travel and should be mandatory for super-luminous nations. But then, how many nations in the World Assembly have ever even left their home planet? Certainly not enough to justify all of the money we're putting into this.

Yours,

Sigismund Ibsen,
World Assembly Delegate of Lavinium

Adelinda backed away from her 'technical expert' (who was turning out to be a really really bad idea.) and his current duel.

"Space is vast, ambassador, but many travelers and their space programs are technologically limited to travelling in close proximity to their homelands or other planets to leapfrog from (refueling). With this limitation space junk left behind by travelers is concentrated in areas around the homes of millions - putting them at risk from Orbital doom. You do not have to be a nation travelling in space to benefit from having your skies clearer from falling space junk."
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Doctor Cyclops
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor Cyclops » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:34 pm

OOC: Waiting for the FT crowd to weight in on this one. They should have some strong feelings on a resolution that aims to dismantle their star empires.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Doctor Cyclops wrote:OOC: Waiting for the FT crowd to weight in on this one. They should have some strong feelings on a resolution that aims to dismantle their star empires.

OOC: Dismantling is a little bit of an exaggeration.

So long as they keep their star empires from spreading debris everywhere, recycle their resources and pay close attention to the safety of their reentries - they should be fine.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, the Great Chiefdom has already leveled its opposition to this resolution, mainly because it does negatively impact our colonization efforts, as well as the security of our supply lines, the development and mobility of our spacefaring military forces, and civilian space industries. That said, Krioval does not want to dominate the discussion with our repeated mentions of these issues. If there is any particular issue with which any esteemed representative would like to discuss with the Great Chiefdom, however, please feel free to ask us at any time.

[Lord] Ambassador Darvek Tyvok
Great Chiefdom of Krioval

Frickin Death Star
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Frickin Death Star » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:The Captain smiled as the seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' 's saber slashed and hacked at all of McDevitt's phantom limbs.

McDevitt howled in an emotional outbreak after realizing that his father's brother is his inbreed Uncle Bob, who's severely crossed eyed nephew is Donald, who's Cousin is... the one and only Captain McDevitt himself ?

The Captain succumbing to his anger, violently returned the attack with his ring of the Swartz -- secretly hoping that what they say about Watermelons & Swartz length was true because he dearly needed the reach.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' reels backwards under the fury of the Captain's assault. The Swartz Ring is a fearsome weapon indeed. The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' struggles mightily to defend himself from the relentless pounding from McDevitt and his Swartz. Fearing that the tide of battle has turned against him.....

.......he summons his army of Stormtrooper Penguins.

The Halseyist Faction
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Halseyist Faction » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 pm

And on that note. I think it's high time someone called security.
Colonel Hogwral, Acting on behalf of Admiral Halsey, Lord and Savior of the Citizens of the Halseyist Faction. May the New World Order reach your homes.
Member of GIDA - Major
Idaho Conservatives wrote: He walked out of the room, smashing his boot in the face of a headless zombie.
Reblle wrote:I have seen people get blown in half on Call of Duty Worls at War also. I am not to young. I am 14 years of age and have seen enough violence to be considered a veteran of WW2.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:The Captain smiled as the seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' 's saber slashed and hacked at all of McDevitt's phantom limbs.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' reels backwards under the fury of the Captain's assault. The Swartz Ring is a fearsome weapon indeed. The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' struggles mightily to defend himself from the relentless pounding from McDevitt and his Swartz. Fearing that the tide of battle has turned against him.....

.......he summons his army of Stormtrooper Penguins.

Captain McDevitt pulled back from the duel with the slightest of hesitations. He had expected a lot of things... ninja stars, old senile men, attack dogs, a machine gun disguised as a banjo .. but nothing compared to this.. wow, Stormtrooper Penguins. McDevitt would have to think about this for a second.

"touché, Darth"

Upon remembering the end of Superman III Goldfinger, McDevitt used his one functioning limb to leap across the floor. Stylishly sliding across the floor of the General Assembly (which was always waxed too much, god dammit), into the electrical box on the far wall which was conveniently left open and spilling out live electrical wires like intestines trickling out of a bloated animal.

"Fried penguin, coming right up !" shouted the Captain in an attempt to mirror a catchy action hero he preferred.

Grabbing the electrical wire, the cripple was violently shocked instantly upon contact as his muscles became rigid and inflexible.

"I saw this going better in my head." thought the paralyzed Captain.
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frickin Death Star
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Frickin Death Star » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:Captain McDevitt pulled back from the duel with the slightest of hesitations. He had expected a lot of things... ninja stars, old senile men, attack dogs, a machine gun disguised as a banjo .. but nothing compared to this.. wow, Stormtrooper Penguins. McDevitt would have to think about this for a second.

"touché, Darth"

Upon remembering the end of Superman III Goldfinger, McDevitt used his one functioning limb to leap across the floor. Stylishly sliding across the floor of the General Assembly (which was always waxed too much, god dammit), into the electrical box on the far wall which was conveniently left open and spilling out live electrical wires like intestines trickling out of a bloated animal.

"Fried penguin, coming right up !" shouted the Captain in an attempt to mirror a catchy action hero he preferred.

Grabbing the electrical wire, the cripple was violently shocked instantly upon contact as his muscles became rigid and inflexible.

"That went better in my mind." thought the Captain.

The Penguin Stormtroopers enter the General Assembly from three different entrances. They immediately fan out into the chamber and, amid much squawking, begin firing their little penguin-sized blasters in all directions. None of their shots actually find a target but it puts on one hell of a light show.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' stands over the momentarily stunned Captain.

"You are unwise to submit a resolution such as this. We traverse space as we please. We have a frickin' Death Star after all."

"You don't know the power of the dark side." he says as he assails the Captain with his light saber once again.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:49 am

The Halseyist Faction wrote:And on that note. I think it's high time someone called security.

The real Stash Kroh ambassador mused "why? This happens like everyday."

Frickin Death Star wrote:The Penguin Stormtroopers enter the General Assembly from three different entrances. They immediately fan out into the chamber and, amid much squawking, begin firing their little penguin-sized blasters in all directions. None of their shots actually find a target but it puts on one hell of a light show.

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' stands over the momentarily stunned Captain.

"You are unwise to submit a resolution such as this. We traverse space as we please. We have a frickin' Death Star after all."

"You don't know the power of the dark side." he says as he assails the Captain with his light saber once again.

Loosing his last intact limb from the assailment, the Captain rolled over to a table, using his wooden leg and his stubbed wrist to prop himself up.

McDevitt attempted to put his hands together to reignite his Swartz, that was when he realized he had lost his hand... and the ring!

Embarressment started to creep back into his face as he addressed the seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' nervously.

"Um.. Darth. Can we um... call it a tie. I eh.. lost the ring. Shit."

The Mass Murderors
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mass Murderors » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 am

We, The Mass Murderors, vote against this resolution. This resolution would raise taxes by a large number. Plus, it's impossible to clean debree out of space. We would waiste alot of time and money trying to make inventions with the capability to remove debree from outerspace. Please deeply consider your vote if you have voted for this resolution.

WA Building Mgmt
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WA Building Mgmt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 am

The Halseyist Faction wrote:And on that note. I think it's high time someone called security.

We'll allow it, just try to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.

Patrick O'Neil
Head of the Maintenance of Order Department
WA Building Management

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 am

Why are we even debating this entirely pointless resolution again?
Prince Rhodri of Segontium, Master of the Red Hounds, etc, etc.
Ambassador to the World Assembly of the Principalities of Gobbannium

Frickin Death Star
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Frickin Death Star » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:47 am

Stash Kroh wrote:Loosing his last intact limb from the assailment, the Captain rolled over to a table, using his wooden leg and his stubbed wrist to prop himself up.

McDevitt attempted to put his hands together to reignite his Swartz, that was when he realized he had lost his hand... and the ring!

Embarressment started to creep back into his face as he addressed the seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' nervously.

( OOC: You know, you didn't have to RP him getting hacked up. Fights in the GA shouldn't result in permanent injuries because of the Acme protection system thingamajig. )

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' towers over the Captain, ventilating loudly.

"It is fortunate for you that I have been summoned to the frickin' Death Star on urgent business. We will continue this 'discussion' later. In the meantime, my Penguin Stormtroopers will keep you company".

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' turns and strides away from the Captain. Elsewhere in the chamber, the Stormtrooper Penguins continue squawking and shooting at nothing in particular.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 am

Stash Kroh wrote:Loosing his last intact limb from the assailment, the Captain rolled over to a table, using his wooden leg and his stubbed wrist to prop himself up.

( OOC: You know, you didn't have to RP him getting hacked up. Fights in the GA shouldn't result in permanent injuries because of the Acme protection system thingamajig. )

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' towers over the Captain, ventilating loudly.

"It is fortunate for you that I have been summoned to the frickin' Death Star on urgent business. We will continue this 'discussion' later. In the meantime, my Penguin Stormtroopers will keep you company".

The seven foot, armor clad, ventilating, dark, ominous, caped, deeply voiced, light saber wielding 'ambassador' turns and strides away from the Captain. Elsewhere in the chamber, the Stormtrooper Penguins continue squawking and shooting at nothing in particular.

OOC: I'll keep that in mind for later - but let's face it, what's the fun in having a Capt with one intact limb. As Monty Python dictates, its much funnier to have a Knight with none. :p

IC: The Captain breathed easier possibly because of the blood flushing out of system,

"Crap, that was a close one."

Gobbannium wrote:Why are we even debating this entirely pointless resolution again?

"Um...again? Ambassador?"

-Nothing in Particular
Civilian

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby -Nothing in Particular » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 am

"Stop picking on me, yeh bloody penguins!"

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 am

Urra o HighPeaks, one of the mission's trainee diplomats (who's spoken here once or twice in the past), eyes the penguins thoughtfully, and then lifts a large fondue set from out of the desk at which she's sitting. She places a quantity of chocolate in the pot, starts the burner, and poises herself ready to grab a penguin if one should come within her reach...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Glomeland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Glomeland » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:21 am

Qumkent wrote:The Principality of Qumkent opposes this statute for reasons too numerous to list.

Yours,

Would the Khan of Kashgar please indulge us by elaborating on this statement? Glomeland has voted for this resolution as we can foresee at least some good coming from it, but we see very little chance of it causing harm. We are aware of your earlier statement that it is wasteful and nonsensical, but we are curious as to the other reasons for your opposition.

Eyðvør Eilifsdóttir
World Assembly Ambassador
The Republic of Glomeland

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Glomeland wrote:
Qumkent wrote:The Principality of Qumkent opposes this statute for reasons too numerous to list.

Yours,

Would the Khan of Kashgar please indulge us by elaborating on this statement? Glomeland has voted for this resolution as we can foresee at least some good coming from it, but we see very little chance of it causing harm. We are aware of your earlier statement that it is wasteful and nonsensical, but we are curious as to the other reasons for your opposition.

Eyðvør Eilifsdóttir

World Assembly Ambassador

[i]The Republic of Glomeland/i]

The presumptions in this statute regarding the current state of the interplanetary and planet-proximal space of member states are unsupportable, ludicrous and faulty.

The notion that space is an environment capable of being polluted is completely erroneous and the notion that member states capable of the technology to traverse space are incapable of technology which compensates for space debris arising from whatever source is equally foolish, debris is debris, the likelihood of it forming a hazard to properly equiped travel in space or even of it's re-entry into the atmosphere and it's thence posing a danger to terrestrial life is remote and measures to prevent such outcomes are unnecessary and banal.

These are a mere sample your Excellency, we have more complaints.

Yours,
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Kickin kangaroo
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kickin kangaroo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm sorry but I can not support this. We the people of Kickin Kangaroo feel that the proposed is an empty peice of paper. There are too many loop holes written in it such as "... nations from damaging or polluting Outer Space unnecessarily." . We realize that the C.O.S.C. would decide what is an unncessary amount but then that will restrict smaller, poorer nations from the chance to explore the outer reaches. As a side note I feel that it has become a general trend to vote in favor of a proposal because it is well written and not based on the actual issue at hand.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives