NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] On Genetically Modified Foods

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Our General Assembly delegate, Femina Suprema, voted against the proposal.
'Femina supra mundum' - Women over the world.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Gynocracy wrote:Our General Assembly delegate, Femina Suprema, voted against the proposal.

Obviously isn't very supreme, then.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Clearly this resolution is going to pass. I voted for this fair to almost interesting resolution myself, but I do have, as they say over on that great nation of Tzorsland, where out founding mothers came from a "concern." You see, I'm assuming that the labeling concerns those deliberately modified crops. We all know, no matter how good the intent (to keep all the profits to ourselves) genes love to travel and often wind up in normal crops miles away. Now the question of copyright piracy (ha ha, my crops just raped your crops and your crops are all mine) the question whether a grower of non modified crops must constantly test his crops to ensure that he doesn't have modifications and therefore must label his crops. This needless testing could be quite expensive and farmers don't normally operate on high profit margins. I'm hoping this isn't the case, given the mildness of the resolution.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 am

The proposal has passed.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Previous

Return to WA Archives