NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn The Kraven Corporation

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Estruia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:
Estruia wrote:Opposed. War is war. Innocents die because of war. What these wars are started over are not our business. I will not buy into the thought of being so self-absorbed that we think we have the right to pass judgement upon other people.

I am a firm believer in Non-Intervetionalism and Isolationism, therefore I repeat, my vote will be Opposed. May Kraven continue to live how they wish. Freedom is essential to being Human.

Yes, may the Kraven Reich continue to "live how they wish" as long as they choose to live with your nation under their jackboots. The Kraven Reich is more than a mere nuiscance to the international community, they are probably one of the greatest threats to civilized nations in the whole NS universe. While this condemnation will most likely have no effect on the policies of the Kraven High Command, they will at least no that NS Universe, and in paticular the WA, are watching their re-emergence into international affairs.

With Alarm at Some Nations whose Heads are in the Sand,
Ms. Abigail McGuire.
High Commissoner for WA Affairs,
The Armed Republic of Lowell Leber.

What exactly will we gain by condemning them? Put a target on people's backs?

You have the right to live how you wish, give Kraven the right to live how he wishes. Judge him not, lest ye too be judged.
31/Genderfluid/ENFP Currently living in the US (Michigan).

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Neutral: Gun Rights, British Labour Party, British Tories, Masculism

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Albert the Fourth
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albert the Fourth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 am

A mean old man wrote:
Albert the Fourth wrote:Roleplaying = activity most of nationstates doesn't care about = waste of everybody's time imho = against

What an unfortunate attitude. Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean that the great portion of the rest of NS's players that do aren't worthy of acknowledgement.

So you're seriously telling me that the great portion (implying majority) of Nationstates over 90000 nations (from memory) actually care about roleplaying? Even acknowledging there are heaps of multis, do you seriously think that enough players role play to constitute a majority?

Therefore, is it fair to drag the interests of a small group before everybody to waste their time? In my opinion, the SC should be kept to doing community-benefiting actions, not to satisfy the petty needs of a small group of individuals to live in their imaginary worlds, and hence, we should keep it as the "fourth wall" arm of the World Assembly, handling things like liberation, etc.

However, it's unlikely I'll get my way, and the SC will remain filled with the roleplaying trash it's had in the past. Such is life.

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 am

Going Postal wrote:
The Bruce wrote:
Got that right. I much prefer this type of resolution in the Security Council than the ones it's been locked into for the last month, in reaction to recent gameplay events. A lot of people don't seem to realize that NationStates is a multi-faceted experience for its players, including social networking, so called gameplay (invader-defender contests), role-playing, issues and world census jockeying, the World Assembly, and a wide variety of delegate drinking games.

This condemnation is exactly the sort of thing that the Security Council should be spending its time looking at. It's a well written condemnation of a nation, based on well documented role-playing; so exactly what we should be spending our time on.

Aye! I agree with what the Bruce almighty says but I am still voting against a fellow Corporation being condemned.

The Kraven Corporation is not a Corporation anymore, and hasn't been for a very long time. It simply has that title because a long time ago it was. Now I believe it is more commonly referred to as the Kraven Reich. There's nothing left to make it a corporation.
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 am

The flimsy piece of paper that the nation of Milograd would have this once august body serve to the Kraven Reich is not only an insult to the Reich, but an insult to the entire international community. Certain member-states of the WA laud pieces of paper with the word, ‘Condemnation’ on them, without truly understanding the meaning and implication behind these words.

Through this action, the nation of Milograd, and all of its supporters desire to turn the WA into some form of ‘global policeman.’ A body which would claim the moral and political authority to interfere in the affairs of sovereign nations, a truly sickening mutation of the WA’s original, lofty goals and ideals. The sheer audacity of the nation of Milograd almost defies belief, and it is for this reason that the Righteous Imperial Dominion shall not support this mockery of justice. Indeed, the Dominion shall actively campaign against the imposition of a Milogradian-led, WA-assisted, global moral crusade.
This is your input brah
Last edited by Tergnitz on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 am

OoC: @Terg: Lolololol, do it bro? ;_____;

I honestly have no idea how to respond to 'ya ICly, as always. <3
Last edited by Milograd on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 am

The Asian Federation of the Empire of Symphonia outrightly supports the WA Security Council bill to condemn the unfair, inhuman, and disturbing pratices of the Kraven Corporation. Although Symphonia cannot and will not support the WA into transforming itself into the international police force, we still are grateful that the Security Council remains at the forefront of exposing and distributing factual and truthful information, whether it be descent or indescent.

To most lawmakers here in the Symphonian homeland, the Security Council and the General Assembly are just polling the opinions and reactions of the international community. There has never been any actual movement to seek out and punish the wrong-doers and dogs of this world. In this case with the Kraven Corporation, the WA is not opposing a sovereign nation, but a mere business.

Because business interests and actions are and should never be above those of actual sovereign government, they are subject to all rules and regulations of each nation they do business in and with, as well as rules and laws written and agreed upon by the international community. Failure to fall in line those rules and regulations should result in appropriate government and international action against the said entity.

Because most of the international community, Symphonia as well, is opposed to the WA being able to use actual hard, or even soft, force against those who break international law, the WA is effectively...ineffective. For some instances however, the WA and its arms should be able to do their assigned jobs, whether the international community wants it or not.

My response to Tergnitz
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:32 am

Albert the Fourth wrote:So you're seriously telling me that the great portion (implying majority) of Nationstates over 90000 nations (from memory) actually care about roleplaying? Even acknowledging there are heaps of multis, do you seriously think that enough players role play to constitute a majority?

Therefore, is it fair to drag the interests of a small group before everybody to waste their time? In my opinion, the SC should be kept to doing community-benefiting actions, not to satisfy the petty needs of a small group of individuals to live in their imaginary worlds, and hence, we should keep it as the "fourth wall" arm of the World Assembly, handling things like liberation, etc.

However, it's unlikely I'll get my way, and the SC will remain filled with the roleplaying trash it's had in the past. Such is life.

The SC is there for whoever wants to use it, and judging by the fact this proposal got to vote and is now passing, it seems there's enough NSers interested in it.

You should also knock off the trollish comments in your posts.

Albert the Fourth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Albert the Fourth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 am

What sort of trollish comments am I making? I just simply don't believe that most of nationstates cares about the Security Council.

Edit: I just noticed. Resolutions getting through isn't exactly representative of the entirety of nationstates, just the delegates who care, many of whom roleplay as well. And as we all know, a lot of the time, many players just vote for the popular option.
Last edited by Albert the Fourth on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:21 am

Albert the Fourth wrote:What sort of trollish comments am I making? I just simply don't believe that most of nationstates cares about the Security Council.

Edit: I just noticed. Resolutions getting through isn't exactly representative of the entirety of nationstates, just the delegates who care, many of whom roleplay as well. And as we all know, a lot of the time, many players just vote for the popular option.

Just because you happened to dislike roleplaying doesn't give you the excuse to call the entire aspect of the game 'trash'. There are plenty of people who severely dislike the invading/defending aspect of the game, and yet they stay constructive when those sort of proposals come into play.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Dilsnufi
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilsnufi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

OOC: I don't really get the hub bub about RP'ing. I know I've only been playing this game a short time but it seems to me that playing Nation States at all is in some form roleplaying. You create a pretend nation and act in the role of the government. How is that not roleplaying?

Dilsnufi
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilsnufi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:37 pm

That was off topic, I apologize. I am FOR this resolution.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Dilsnufi wrote:OOC: I don't really get the hub bub about RP'ing. I know I've only been playing this game a short time but it seems to me that playing Nation States at all is in some form roleplaying. You create a pretend nation and act in the role of the government. How is that not roleplaying?

They're fielding complaints from people who think the game was invented so that players could steal regions from one another; that's the basic disconnect.

In other news, yet another vote on oppression war crimes genocide weapons of mass destruction and of course slavery blah blah blah against.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Dilsnufi wrote:OOC: I don't really get the hub bub about RP'ing. I know I've only been playing this game a short time but it seems to me that playing Nation States at all is in some form roleplaying. You create a pretend nation and act in the role of the government. How is that not roleplaying?

They're fielding complaints from people who think the game was invented so that players could steal regions from one another; that's the basic disconnect.

In other news, yet another vote on oppression war crimes genocide weapons of mass destruction and of course slavery blah blah blah against.

I am surprised at the response from the Kennyite Delagation. I mean honestly, what else do we have better to do at the moment here in the WASC?

With Regards,
Ms. Abigail McGuire.
High Commissoner for WA Affairs,
The Armed Republic of Lowell Leber.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Albert the Fourth
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Albert the Fourth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Euroslavia wrote:Just because you happened to dislike roleplaying doesn't give you the excuse to call the entire aspect of the game 'trash'. There are plenty of people who severely dislike the invading/defending aspect of the game, and yet they stay constructive when those sort of proposals come into play.

I'm not against roleplaying in general, I'm against roleplayers dragging out their fantasy worlds in front of the many people who don't care. Surely the general assembly is sufficient enough?
Last edited by Albert the Fourth on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aetrina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aetrina » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm not against roleplaying in general, I'm against roleplayers dragging out their fantasy worlds in front of the many people who don't care.

There would be very little for the SC to do if that were the case.....
Eist wrote:Nice! Wait. Am I the knight or the unicorn?
I think the joke would be less effective if you were the unicorn.
Andrew Delling Ambassador of Aetrina
Proud member of The Kingdom Of Aetrina

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Albert the Fourth wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:Just because you happened to dislike roleplaying doesn't give you the excuse to call the entire aspect of the game 'trash'. There are plenty of people who severely dislike the invading/defending aspect of the game, and yet they stay constructive when those sort of proposals come into play.

I'm not against roleplaying in general, I'm against roleplayers dragging out their fantasy worlds in front of the many people who don't care. Surely the general assembly is sufficient enough?

And your nation isn't at any part of it a fantasy? Interesting. Obviously, you aren't offering that much constructive criticism on here. If you really want to discuss this whole view of yours, then you should make a thread for it in the appropriate forum, wherever that may be.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Albert the Fourth wrote:I'm not against roleplaying in general, I'm against roleplayers dragging out their fantasy worlds in front of the many people who don't care. Surely the general assembly is sufficient enough?

You just don't take a Goddamn hint, do you?
We'll see what the staff who are monitoring this thread have to say about your continued attitude here. If you don't care, go away and let the people who do have their fun. Because guess what - nobody cares that you don't care. Wow! See how I turned that around on you?
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 am

I've said it before and saying it one last time: discuss the proposal. That's what this thread is for.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Condemn The Kraven Corporation was passed 7,991 votes to 2,831.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Meh. I knew it'd pass. lol
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives