NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "In Regards to Cloning"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

CAG?

FOR
22%
FOR, but this is a different FOR, this is a clone.
13%
AGAINST
12%
Clone of AGAINST
6%
Abstain
5%
Refrain, not an exact clone of "abstain", but similar.
5%
This is one of those "old guy" polls and I refuse to vote in it.
8%
I wish the Thessadorian ambassador had a clone....
10%
CAG!
10%
CAG?
9%

Total votes : 193

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:48 am

Green Port wrote:
Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

Lastly,
I strongly believe that many nations, if not the majority, will vote against this proposal you are working on, ourselves included. One thing is to grant rights to all Homo Sapiens equally, but a hole different situation is to grant equal rights to all sapient beings in the universe.

Let's just imagine a situation where a enormous (lets say 100 meters high) sapient being comes to our nation, do you really expect people NOT to discriminate? do you really think we can really assure that being all the right that us, humans, have? not likely for us, not likely for many other nations out there.

If there's genuinely a problem with some people's physical nature that makes granting them the same rights as everybody else really impractical, as you suggest would be the case with those giants, then my proposal does allow you to discriminate as long as you grant them as many of the relevant rights as are actually practical and -- if you can think of any -- suitable alternatives to whatever ones they don't get...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Previous

Return to WA Archives