NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Christian Democrats

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:"Commend Christian Democrats" was defeated 9,297 votes to 1,945.

And with that destruction out of the way................
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Defendingg wrote:His policies, which I detest, do not make him evil. What is evil is his attempts to masquerade his conservative policies in otherwise helpful bills. One of the many examples is his failed attempt to pass a law on divorce. IIRC, the bill looked reasonable, but one of the fine print clauses acted as a blocker for future laws. It is for this reason for him using women's rights as a pawn to further reduce the rights of women that qualifies as evil.

I don't think it's particularly fair to describe CD as "evil," or anything even close to that. Sure, you might dislike his "political tactics" or general political views, but that's really not evil. I voted against the commendation, but some of the flak that CD is getting in this thread is totally uncalled for.
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:And with that destruction out of the way................

We can not proceed to Condemn Chester Pearson for his fine work in the GA.
Did I just make a typo? No, I don't believe I did.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Retired WerePenguins wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:And with that destruction out of the way................

We can not proceed to Condemn Chester Pearson for his fine work in the GA.

Be my guest if you think that it will be successful.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Retired WerePenguins wrote:We can not proceed to Condemn Chester Pearson for his fine work in the GA.

I should probably say "don't push what you don't know" :p
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

Christian Democrats wrote:
The Dourian Embassy wrote:We can pretend that things like intelligent design

I don't believe in intelligent design. :blink:

Probably think it goes to far in the realm of cutting god out of the explanation of things, right? He didn't "set things into motion" he did it himself... physically(metaphysically?). Or some other such gobblygook.

Christian Democrats wrote:
The Dourian Embassy wrote:I have never seen any decent evidence that marriage is so superior to non-marriage

I suggest that you reread the debate thread on that proposal. No less than a billion links were provided to studies on the (secular) benefits of civil marriage for the spouses as well as their children.

A billion is quite high, but lets keep the government out of the relationship business, can we please?
Last edited by The Dourian Embassy on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Retired WerePenguins wrote:We can not proceed to Condemn Chester Pearson for his fine work in the GA.

I did say it wasn't a typo ... we can not proceed because any attempt at talking about the GA will get the GA members to argue among themselves and the R/D SC players to vote it down on principle.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Retired WerePenguins wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

I did say it wasn't a typo ... we can not proceed because any attempt at talking about the GA will get the GA members to argue among themselves and the R/D SC players to vote it down on principle.

Democracy at it's finest!!!!

/threadjack over
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads