NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Pierconium

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Connetikitt
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Jun 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Connetikitt » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Connetikite wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Apologies to all for my less than helpful language. Those of you who have called me out on it thank you. A timely reminder not to type when annoyed.


Your language was helpful, dont apologize.


I could not agree with me more.

User avatar
Ghost Land
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Let me also state for the record that there must be some factual inaccuracy somewhere, as no nation known as "Lord Darkseid" existed in 2008.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... d_darkseid
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Born around 1970 but still somehow under 30.
Me OOC
Conservative libertarian
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, forced diversity, SJWs
GothicLust wrote:Welch's is responsible for the genocide of grapes! No, that's not the right word, it's a grape holocaust! Seriously man?
Freefall11111 wrote:What kind of world do you live in where using the toilet is competitive?

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 581
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Ghost Land wrote:Let me also state for the record that there must be some factual inaccuracy somewhere, as no nation known as "Lord Darkseid" existed in 2008.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... d_darkseid

Lord Darkseid is just the name he went by, it isn't the nation he used. I'm actually unsure of which nation he was using at the time.
Delegate-Elect of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1200
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:53 pm

I believe the actual nation was Darkseid Reborn or Darkseid Redux or something similar as I forgot some passwords to some of my older nations and had a couple of email changes (who knew AOL wouldn’t last?) making it difficult to revive some of them.
Consul of the Pacific

Tyrant (Ret.)


Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:27 am

Ghost Land wrote:Let me also state for the record that there must be some factual inaccuracy somewhere, as no nation known as "Lord Darkseid" existed in 2008.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=boney ... d_darkseid

Lord Darkseid was the name Pierconium used, not the nation per se.
joWhatup#7411 on discord, if you ever need to contact me.
Corporal in The Black Hawks
Citizen in Lazarus
Wolf in Lone Wolves United
Citizen in The East Pacific
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with in any way.

User avatar
Ghost Land
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Pierconium wrote:I believe the actual nation was Darkseid Reborn or Darkseid Redux or something similar as I forgot some passwords to some of my older nations and had a couple of email changes (who knew AOL wouldn’t last?) making it difficult to revive some of them.

Checking the boneyard, it was almost certainly "Darkseid Reborn". :)
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Born around 1970 but still somehow under 30.
Me OOC
Conservative libertarian
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, forced diversity, SJWs
GothicLust wrote:Welch's is responsible for the genocide of grapes! No, that's not the right word, it's a grape holocaust! Seriously man?
Freefall11111 wrote:What kind of world do you live in where using the toilet is competitive?

User avatar
Borovan entered the region as he
Diplomat
 
Posts: 727
Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

OUR NATION shall be ABSTAIN from the da ressultion bebecause we we hear do knot no enuff about him
NPP - Politician Alastar Macdanieus

User avatar
Kingdom of Napels
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Aug 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Napels » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 pm

This is now at vote.
Armaros, also known as Jo.

User avatar
Fulford
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: May 03, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fulford » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:48 am

After hearing of the crimes and horrific nature of Pierconium the Fulford Government votes FOR the condemnation of Pierconium
Fulford does not participate in NationStates stats and policies.

"We are United in diversity, Unity in Liberty!"
- Adam Salt, President of Fulford

User avatar
Frances Francis the First of France
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frances Francis the First of France » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:05 am

This condemnation would have been perfect in late 2008 and early 2009. Only the most recent and relevant information.


We all know that time stopped January 1st 2009. And nothing has happened since then..... right?

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 am

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:This condemnation would have been perfect in late 2008 and early 2009. Only the most recent and relevant information.


We all know that time stopped January 1st 2009. And nothing has happened since then..... right?

Pierconium continues to aid the condemned New Pacific Order as second-in-command. They also were involved in Gatesville during Gatesville’s coup of Osiris in 2013, I believe.
joWhatup#7411 on discord, if you ever need to contact me.
Corporal in The Black Hawks
Citizen in Lazarus
Wolf in Lone Wolves United
Citizen in The East Pacific
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with in any way.

User avatar
Frances Francis the First of France
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frances Francis the First of France » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:53 am

Armaros wrote:
Frances Francis the First of France wrote:This condemnation would have been perfect in late 2008 and early 2009. Only the most recent and relevant information.


We all know that time stopped January 1st 2009. And nothing has happened since then..... right?

Pierconium continues to aid the condemned New Pacific Order as second-in-command. They also were involved in Gatesville during Gatesville’s coup of Osiris in 2013, I believe.

Okay. So lets condemn literally EVERY single person involved with the TP governance. Why not go after East Durthang first who is the actual First-In-Command if you are sooooo worried about TP leadership.

Also pointing to something that happened 6 years in the past isn't exactly that much more "recent". And given that the load barring pillar of this proposal is ejection and purging campaigns, why not go after TEP which is literally in the middle CURRENTLY of massive purging campaigns that aren't 6-11 years dead and burried.

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 581
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:00 am

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:
Armaros wrote:Pierconium continues to aid the condemned New Pacific Order as second-in-command. They also were involved in Gatesville during Gatesville’s coup of Osiris in 2013, I believe.

Okay. So lets condemn literally EVERY single person involved with the TP governance. Why not go after East Durthang first who is the actual First-In-Command if you are sooooo worried about TP leadership.

Also pointing to something that happened 6 years in the past isn't exactly that much more "recent". And given that the load barring pillar of this proposal is ejection and purging campaigns, why not go after TEP which is literally in the middle CURRENTLY of massive purging campaigns that aren't 6-11 years dead and burried.

This is what is called a "legacy proposal", meaning it's to recognize past actions and his legacy throughout NS over the years.
Delegate-Elect of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 am

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:
Armaros wrote:Pierconium continues to aid the condemned New Pacific Order as second-in-command. They also were involved in Gatesville during Gatesville’s coup of Osiris in 2013, I believe.

Okay. So lets condemn literally EVERY single person involved with the TP governance. Why not go after East Durthang first who is the actual First-In-Command if you are sooooo worried about TP leadership.

Also pointing to something that happened 6 years in the past isn't exactly that much more "recent". And given that the load barring pillar of this proposal is ejection and purging campaigns, why not go after TEP which is literally in the middle CURRENTLY of massive purging campaigns that aren't 6-11 years dead and burried.

...that is not at all what I was saying. Because if you actually read the proposal, you'll realise that not "EVERY single person involved with the TP governance" did the kinda stuff Pierconium did. Furthermore, you obviously haven't read the proposal since it literally said:
which have largely gone unnoticed and which the international community should be made aware of;

Are each of these things condemnable on their own? Maybe not. Together? Absolutely.
joWhatup#7411 on discord, if you ever need to contact me.
Corporal in The Black Hawks
Citizen in Lazarus
Wolf in Lone Wolves United
Citizen in The East Pacific
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with in any way.

User avatar
Frances Francis the First of France
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frances Francis the First of France » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 am

Armaros wrote:
Frances Francis the First of France wrote:Okay. So lets condemn literally EVERY single person involved with the TP governance. Why not go after East Durthang first who is the actual First-In-Command if you are sooooo worried about TP leadership.

Also pointing to something that happened 6 years in the past isn't exactly that much more "recent". And given that the load barring pillar of this proposal is ejection and purging campaigns, why not go after TEP which is literally in the middle CURRENTLY of massive purging campaigns that aren't 6-11 years dead and burried.

...that is not at all what I was saying. Because if you actually read the proposal, you'll realise that not "EVERY single person involved with the TP governance" did the kinda stuff Pierconium did. Furthermore, you obviously haven't read the proposal since it literally said:
which have largely gone unnoticed and which the international community should be made aware of;

Are each of these things condemnable on their own? Maybe not. Together? Absolutely.


I don't see how though. All the bad things mentioned in this proposal are a decade old. And the thing from 6 years ago, boils down to "He was affiliated vaguely to the people who did a bad thing." It doesn't even assert that he was part of Gatesville during the TEP coup. The totality of this proposal is "He did bad things 11 years ago, and he was affiliated at some point between 2008 and 2019 with people who did a bad in 2013." I don't see why the SC should be dredging the bottom of the ocean for things that happened a decade ago.

It seems to be nothing more then a prey on the fact that most people weren't around for things that happened such a long time ago. And if you get it in front of them, prey they take the assertions at face value. For some easy moral outrage.
Last edited by Frances Francis the First of France on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Flanderlion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1430
Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:13 am

Well deserved condemnation. Nothing much more to be said.

That said - to the random posting in the thread, https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_de ... /council=2
I can't pretend to have bothered to read the text, but the nominee deserves it, and that's about it. I saw the population and being in TNPs SC so I kinda thought you'd have like at least paid a small bit of attention to big events in NS when they happened. Subsequently I realised, that 9 billion is actually only the end of 2014, but surely your fellow SC members would have filled you in?
As always, I'm representing myself as a citizen, rather than as part of the Government, if I am at the time.

User avatar
Frances Francis the First of France
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frances Francis the First of France » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Flanderlion wrote:I saw the population and being in TNPs SC so I kinda thought you'd have like at least paid a small bit of attention to big events in NS when they happened. Subsequently I realised, that 9 billion is actually only the end of 2014, but surely your fellow SC members would have filled you in?


I have paid attention. And this isn't my oldest account just my WA one. The thing is when it comes down to it. Wow he did a bad to TNP 14 years ago. Well since then he has contributed to and has been part of the TNP government. Most notably in the TNP Justice System. And I general think its unproductive for any community to start random witch hunts into the past to dig up decades old actions while completely ignoring the present. Maybe focus on modern crimes then we can start analyzing the past. I was against the Darkesia condemnation for the same reason. I was against dredging up the whole Macedon recondemnation for the same reason.

Lets let dead horses lie instead of going back with an evil grin to start kicking.

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1803
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:15 pm

One thinks you miss the point of SC C&Cs. Yes, sometimes there is an element of “moral outrage” (whatever that is) in a Condemnation. Mostly it is to recognise how well a player has played the black hat role. That is often better done from a temporal distance when a more nuanced view of that player’s work can emerge.

Of course if you don’t agree then vote against. Simple.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Frances Francis the First of France wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:I saw the population and being in TNPs SC so I kinda thought you'd have like at least paid a small bit of attention to big events in NS when they happened. Subsequently I realised, that 9 billion is actually only the end of 2014, but surely your fellow SC members would have filled you in?


I have paid attention. And this isn't my oldest account just my WA one. The thing is when it comes down to it. Wow he did a bad to TNP 14 years ago. Well since then he has contributed to and has been part of the TNP government. Most notably in the TNP Justice System. And I general think its unproductive for any community to start random witch hunts into the past to dig up decades old actions while completely ignoring the present. Maybe focus on modern crimes then we can start analyzing the past. I was against the Darkesia condemnation for the same reason. I was against dredging up the whole Macedon recondemnation for the same reason.

Lets let dead horses lie instead of going back with an evil grin to start kicking.

I believe you seem to misunderstand the meaning behind this proposal. This isn’t meant to “punish” Pierconium, it is meant to recognise an old, experienced player playing the game their way. Commends and Condemns are nothing but badges; but we can’t commend Pierconium for he has chosen to play the game the evil way.
joWhatup#7411 on discord, if you ever need to contact me.
Corporal in The Black Hawks
Citizen in Lazarus
Wolf in Lone Wolves United
Citizen in The East Pacific
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with in any way.

User avatar
Shaktirajya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 143
Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shaktirajya » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am

We, the People's Hindu Matriarchy of Shaktirajya, have a general distaste for raiders, therefore We hereby vote FOR this resolution.

Vaktaha Samajavadinaha Matarajasya Shaktirajasya
Nota Bene: Even though my country is a Matriarchy, I am a dude.

Pro: Hinduism, Buddhism, polytheism, legalization of drugs and prostitution, free thought, sexual freedom, freedom of speech.

Anti: Intolerant Abrahamic religion, drug prohibition, homophobia and homomisia, prudery, asceticism.

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 581
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:24 pm

Condemn Pierconium was passed 12,250 votes to 1,715.
Delegate-Elect of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1200
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Thank you.
Consul of the Pacific

Tyrant (Ret.)


Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
The New Conecitit
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Conecitit » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Yo some dude made an account "connetikitt" tryin to impersenate me, lord dominator needs to be banned from this game becuz its obvious he did it.

Edit: ive seen that lord dominator has posted some very disturbing things under my name, and I want to clear up that this isnt me.
Last edited by The New Conecitit on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 4449
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Evidently my hivemind is missing some memories, because I sure don't remember such.

Poor show little puppet, we are (especially the mods), smarter than your posts accusing me of impersonating you seem to think we are.
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrDeputy Forest KeeperLieutenant in The Black HawksWA Minister of Lazarus

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 25682
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:46 pm

The New Conecitit wrote:Yo some dude made an account "connetikitt" tryin to impersenate me, lord dominator needs to be banned from this game becuz its obvious he did it.

Edit: ive seen that lord dominator has posted some very disturbing things under my name, and I want to clear up that this isnt me.

"Connetikitt" was your own puppet, deleted June 4 for posting-past-ban. Stop wasting everyone's time with flamebaiting claims.

Image
~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Reppy's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2020! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads