NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Jakker

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 am

We've reached quorum, folks! Thank you to all approving Delegates. I hope to see a landslide Condemnation of such a destructive nation pass easily in the coming days.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Iron States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron States » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

We the delegation of Iron States strongly condemn this resolution as Jakker is not a member of the WA this violates the WA charter and we will be voting against this motion.

Iron States Ambassador to the WA
Nicholi Wytovich
Democratic Republic Of Iron States Founder of Iron Port
Represented by: Sen. Nikolai Yezhov- Secretary Of State & Minister Of National Defense
Contact: 100 Capital Lane NW Lansdale, Democratic Republic Of Iron States 20021
Embassy Program:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=242881&p=14625014#p14625014
Iron Port Weapons Manufacturing http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250017&p=15457172#p15457172

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 am

Iron States wrote:We the delegation of Iron States strongly condemn this resolution as Jakker is not a member of the WA this violates the WA charter and we will be voting against this motion.

Iron States Ambassador to the WA
Nicholi Wytovich

What charter?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Iron States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron States » Tue May 21, 2013 9:48 am

The WA Charter states that if there is a resolution of condemnation that person has to be a member of the WA as was the case in the last resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".

Ambassador to the WA - Nicholi Wytovich
Democratic Republic Of Iron States Founder of Iron Port
Represented by: Sen. Nikolai Yezhov- Secretary Of State & Minister Of National Defense
Contact: 100 Capital Lane NW Lansdale, Democratic Republic Of Iron States 20021
Embassy Program:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=242881&p=14625014#p14625014
Iron Port Weapons Manufacturing http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250017&p=15457172#p15457172

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 am

Iron States wrote:The WA Charter states that if there is a resolution of condemnation that person has to be a member of the WA as was the case in the last resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".

No it does not. Please show me where it says this.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Iron States wrote:The WA Charter states that if there is a resolution of condemnation that person has to be a member of the WA as was the case in the last resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".

No it does not. Please show me where it says this.

Mall is quite right. You can Commend or Condemn a nation outside of the WA. That being said, Jakker is an evil and destructive nation that will only do more harm in the future. If we condemn him now, he may cease his ways.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Velika Zeta
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Zeta » Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am

For 100%

Sometimes I wish we could just launch the nuclear arsenal... too bad you namby pamby pacifistic nations in the WA frown upon that.

Slavia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavia » Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I don't think Jakker is in in the WA, so why should we bother with him?

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Tue May 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Slavia wrote:I don't think Jakker is in in the WA, so why should we bother with him?

Because he's committed atrocious actions on an international scale? Condemn Emporia failed because Emporia wasn't a member of the WA, and the main argument of the condemnation was that Emporia had broken WA rules and used biological weapons. What Emporia did was bad, yes, but not such atrocious international actions that merit a condemnation.

Jakker, on the other hand, has lead and participated in multiple invasions upon regions that were completely neutral in the raider/defender game and had done nothing to provoke such an action. He has displaced many nations in doing so, with no reasonable justification behind his actions. Those are the kind of atrocious actions that merit a condemnation. The fact that Jakker is not a member of the WA is irrelevant. He is very clearly committed atrocious acts that have negatively impacted many nations, and as such he should be condemned.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue May 21, 2013 1:42 pm

More importantly, as was stated above, WA membership is not necessary to be Condemned.

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Am I the only one to see that he is NOT in the WA ? anyway AGAINST
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Slorch wrote:Am I the only one to see that he is NOT in the WA ? anyway AGAINST

Holy Jesus do any of you people read the thread before posting? :p

Muscles Like This
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Muscles Like This » Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Condemn him for being a dogfucker.

Republic of South Carolina
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of South Carolina » Tue May 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Against, just, against.. Not going into a rant. :palm:
Last edited by Republic of South Carolina on Tue May 21, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Conflicts:
None.

Past Conflicts:
Jandarian War.
Dennorn Civil War.

B Wolf
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Muscles Like This wrote:Condemn him for being a dogfucker.

Pipe that platypus boy, your ass is gonna get jakked up talking that mess. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad this is now [AT VOTE] :bow:
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

Pupils on flyby when I saw her
Some kind of mind-myth I was on her
My
Andromeda, but feel me it was a trap
She got me chained up got my mind snapped
Didn't realize I ain't got the size to save her
Now she's the monster ~ I'm wishing I could defy time
But like Heraclitus said, "That shit don't rhyme!"
Banned from the North Pacific and North Pacific -Zemnaya Svoboda is on my nuts.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue May 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Muscles Like This wrote:Condemn him for being a dogfucker.

*** Warn you for being a flamer. ***

I don't care what your relationship is with Jakker, we don't do personal attacks in this game.

Idantir
Secretary

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Idantir » Tue May 21, 2013 6:10 pm

If you're referring to the delegate of Furry Federation, his name is Tinis, not Tinnis.

That is all for now.

*Wintermoot goes back to Spiritus to debate this resolution.
Inric Locksley (Wintermoot of Spiritus)
President of Spiritus

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 pm

You can agree that Capitalist paradise says Condemn him!

He raided our older self long ago, and needs to pay. Capitalist Paradise as a whole wants this passed.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Miatin
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

My Opinion on the vote.

Postby Miatin » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I never felt for proud of my nation in this game then when I clicked that "Vote For" button.

TitanShadow12
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby TitanShadow12 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Yep. According to this, the guy's a meanie.
FOR

Nexum
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexum » Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

The Congress of Nexum releases this message:

We recognize the concerns of the international community about the alleged international gangster Jakker. However, upon closer investigation, we have found that the music of this nation is particularly groovy and have instructed our ambassador to vote against this resolution. Surely, such a condemnation is merely a prelude to armed attacks against Jakker, which would disrupt this nation's otherworldly beats. We also see no evidence that Jakker has led any armed attacks against neighbors in recent times, nor care. Thus, we urge all nation states to vote NO to this resolution in the name of international record sales.
Last edited by Nexum on Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slavia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavia » Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 am

The Black Hat Guy wrote:
Slavia wrote:I don't think Jakker is in in the WA, so why should we bother with him?

Because he's committed atrocious actions on an international scale? Condemn Emporia failed because Emporia wasn't a member of the WA, and the main argument of the condemnation was that Emporia had broken WA rules and used biological weapons. What Emporia did was bad, yes, but not such atrocious international actions that merit a condemnation.

Jakker, on the other hand, has lead and participated in multiple invasions upon regions that were completely neutral in the raider/defender game and had done nothing to provoke such an action. He has displaced many nations in doing so, with no reasonable justification behind his actions. Those are the kind of atrocious actions that merit a condemnation. The fact that Jakker is not a member of the WA is irrelevant. He is very clearly committed atrocious acts that have negatively impacted many nations, and as such he should be condemned.
So instead of organizing a resistence, you use the WA?

Nicktopia (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Condemn Jakker

Postby Nicktopia (Ancient) » Wed May 22, 2013 5:14 am

"This man has gone out of control!!! He could be going for the East Pacific next, my region; or the West Pacific, my ally's region. He needs to be stopped. I will do whatever I can to stop him and inform my ally. I will help stop this maniac."

Nicktopia (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Condemn Jakker

Postby Nicktopia (Ancient) » Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 am

"I have proceeded to find out that he is hiding his country so no one can telegram him. He is posing a threat against our world."

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed May 22, 2013 6:07 am

As Balders WAs have voted to vote for this, I have voted for it as well.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives