NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 347 matches

Return to advanced search

by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1002
Views: 14127

So complaining about the amount of influence the political entity that is the government of the State of Israel has in US politics is anti-semitic? Usually, yes, especially if you bring up the trope of the Hypno-Jew to do it and insinuate the existence of a Jewish Fifth Column. I really shouldn't h...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:49 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: "This is absolutely terrifying." Welsh Toilets Replaced
Replies: 261
Views: 5576

just let people have a bit of the ole in-n-out and save the money
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:08 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1002
Views: 14127

Gormwood wrote:This is the same Israel that is snowflake triggered by the pretty much peaceful BDS movement.

I mean seriously. This is also the same Israel that was trying to sterilize black Jews.
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:04 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Does social unity require lying?
Replies: 58
Views: 857

Kinda. Many of our unifying myths as nations and people's are lies. I mean seriously we say in america all men are created equal but those words were written by slave holders. If our founding fathers believing in equality isn't a myth, I don't know what is The man who wrote it owned slaves but was ...
by Otira
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: ICE Attacks and Responsible Dialogue
Replies: 418
Views: 7105

So a group of people go running around acting like the Gestapo, splitting up families and putting them in concentration camps, forcing children into the foster system and stunting their mental development, indiscriminately arresting and detaining US citizens and nationals, while almost completely i...
by Otira
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: ICE Attacks and Responsible Dialogue
Replies: 418
Views: 7105

https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigrants-rights/ice-and-border-patrol-abuses Are we talking about the ICE in this article cause if so, I have zero sympathy for them. They can point the finger at themselves for this shit, cause you can only push people so far before things get ugly. The detainment of ...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Germanic Templars wrote:With Chinese troops on the boarder to Hong Kong makes you wonder if they are gonna do another Tiananmen Square 1989 event again. If they do, there is gonna be more eyes watching than before.


This time it'll be Tienanmen Squared.
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: ASoIAF/Game of Thrones general Discussion Thread
Replies: 11295
Views: 235865

There's no way Bran as King can ever work in any narrative. Also, Tyrion needed to die. These. I still cannot believe that Jon Snow would just assassinate the Dragon Queen. It's... too much... I have no faith that that can be made to work at all. This I could actually see. Definitely book Jon Snow.
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Neko-koku wrote:
Otira wrote:What did they change, apart from burning down their own homes and shops? Murder, rape and armed robbery rates have all gone up. Is that what you mean?

I don't really want to discuss any African-related issues.

Missouri isn't in Africa, but yes it is a topic for another thread.

:hug:
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Then you can't solve authoritarianism because even the most authoritarian folks in the West tend to be uber social liberal by foreign standards. You solve it from within. Remember the policing practices in Ferguson Missouri and how they were heavy handedly ticketing poor black folks because they kn...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

I take it your answers to my questions are "so what," "i don't know" and "yes." To which my response to your question is: you have to stand up to authoritarians at some point. I believe in standing up to authoritarians in your own nation. I don't believe in military in...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

What if they realize that's the attitude and press for more? Did appeasement work with the Nazis? Do you let them take what they want under threat of nuclear destruction? First off Hong Kong is technically part of China so it's kinda already theirs. Second off its gonna lose any autonomy it still h...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:37 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Only because the idiots in power have too much to lose to grow a spine. You do realize that a war between nuclear powers would probably end in a nuclear war, right? Imagine the aftermath of Hiroshima times every single city on earth. The end of the world. I'd rather Russia take crimea and China tak...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Yeah.

Irc they didn’t even make an oath to hitler until 1944.

1934. The Nazis move quick.
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

Loben The 2nd wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Fucking wrong again mate, it's very existence was dependent on the Nazi regime:



More an expansion of the Reichswehr.

Pretty much this. They renamed the same organization they inherited. The Waffen-SS was their political militia (among others).
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

NATO can't make the Russians fuck off of Crimea and Ukraine. I don't have much faith in their ability to contain China. Only because the idiots in power have too much to lose to grow a spine. And I think that fact carries over into this. Even within the US the Democrats and Republicans disagree wit...
by Otira
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:29 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hong Kong
Replies: 12434
Views: 194309

And the UN said to have “restraint.” Doesn’t the UN know that they are a joke to countries with the military might to tell them to fuck off or ignore them? The UN might not have the authority to tell China to have some restraint but the US and co does. NATO plus Japan, ROK, Vietnam, Thailand and ot...
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

Jolthig wrote:
Otira wrote:
On the topic of the holiday being celebrated, do you still sacrifice animals for the holiday or is that like an outdated thing?

We do if we have the ability to.


What is the usual animal? Have you done it before?
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

So Happy Eid Mubarak is just redundant? Yeah because if you say that to an Arab man, they'll think you're overdoing it. It's like how I did it in TET, I simply said, "Happy Eid" since "mubarak" means "happy" in this context. On the topic of the holiday being celebrated...
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:39 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

So Happy Eid Mubarak is just redundant? Yeah because if you say that to an Arab man, they'll think you're overdoing it. It's like how I did it in TET, I simply said, "Happy Eid" since "mubarak" means "happy" in this context. Do you still sacrifice animals for the holid...
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

Ooop. Well that's to be expected. In NSG and mainstream discourse. Bring up Jihad, just because the victims were Muslim. As if they deserved it or had anything to do with radical Islamic extremism. Oh and we've probably avoided two more terrorist attacks by Nazis, In just this past week. https://ww...
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:07 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Who was worse?
Replies: 756
Views: 15549

Probably Mao
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:01 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

Scomagia wrote:
Otira wrote:According to one expert, it's a combination of fantasy and a feeling of being empowered.

Can i get a link to this expert?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/young-women-join-isis/story?id=29112401

Do you disagree with them?
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

Some have been saying Islam is evil because jihadists throughout the thread. I’m responding to that. I’m not going to judge Islam or Muslims based on jihadist actions. Just like I don’t judge every Christian based on what the Westboro Baptist Church does. >Story about how a Muslim man, despite bein...
by Otira
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:57 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman
Replies: 330
Views: 5163

Salus Maior wrote:
Otira wrote:According to one expert, it's a combination of fantasy and a feeling of being empowered.


By terrorism.


They didn't say high intelligence was a cause.
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads