NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 319 matches

Return to advanced search

by Otira
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:31 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Fascist White Supremacist Rally in Portland Thwarted
Replies: 1219
Views: 15044

And are the proud boys even far right? There pretty normal conservatives. Free speech, flags, and Christians for the most part. FAR RIGHT OMG. Get a grip. Well they're racist, except they let all races in. And they're Nazis, but they're also pro-Israel and have chapters in Israel. But they definite...
by Otira
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Fascist White Supremacist Rally in Portland Thwarted
Replies: 1219
Views: 15044

The world was not majority white when you were born. Take a chill pill. As a percentage of world population, the world was Whiter in 1989 than it is in 2019. What causes me concern is that the projections show no signs of stopping the trend of decline, I see no bottom to it unless its 0% or close t...
by Otira
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:58 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Fascist White Supremacist Rally in Portland Thwarted
Replies: 1219
Views: 15044

Page wrote:2) The Proud Boys are nazi thugs.

They're weird Nazis too, having membership in Israel and their founder being a Zionist.

https://proudboysusa.com/chapters/asia/israel/
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

No worries, I don't take offense from arguments made out of ignorance. Anyone who equates criticism of Israel to meaning I dislike it is someone with such a great strawman they must be filming a new Wizard of Oz. Oh, so you're a Zionist too? Aren't you? Israel has a right to exist, and I have a loy...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Principle is what matters, and you showed me the quality of your own. Yeah, because you're ignoring context yet again. Russia is not an American ally. Israel is. Poland is. South Korea is. Jordan is. There's a categorical difference between protecting an ally and protecting an enemy. Y'all place to...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Fahran wrote:
Otira wrote:Thank you, says everything that needs be said.

Um... The entire response matters.

Why are we all pretending like suddenly cultural, historical, and geopolitical context don't matter?

Principle is what matters, and you showed me the quality of your own.
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

You're being extremely disingenuous. You didn't even respond to some of Vass's original replies to you. I can go right back and look at the conversation, and so can you. :eyebrow: No offense Y'all are pretending like it wasn't because y'all like her and dislike Israel. No worries, I don't take offe...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:48 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Fahran wrote:
Otira wrote:Out of curiosity, if a member of the US government called themselves the "Protector of Russia" would you suspect their loyalties? Points if you can respond with a "yes" or "no".

Yes.

Thank you, says everything that needs be said.
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:47 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Has anybody said the former quote here unironically? I recall it as being one Omar said years ago and apologized for. And who are you quoting for the latter quote? Vass hasn't said any of this stuff in criticizing Israel. You're just dragging in nonsense to prop up your failing argument. Vass has d...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:40 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Not to be facetious, but Israel in particular makes themselves an easy target for those arguments, whether they're true or not is besides the point. I mean... I could make the same argument about a good many groups. It'd still be a bad and probably bigoted argument, especially if phrased in the way...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:35 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Are you seriously asking me that? Let's not spam. I assumed they were and joined in with the same spirit. Plus I wouldn't accusing anyone of spamming for repeat a phrase once when you've repeated some buzzword phrases a half dozen times in this thread alone. I'm trying to be as civil as I can be, b...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

What if I told you it's entirely possible for the Holocaust to be terrible, the Nazi's to be horrible, and the nation state of Israel to behave badly, all at the same time? Like, what kind of logic is this? "If you think genociding Jewish people is wrong, that means you can never criticize a J...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:23 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Scomagia wrote:
Otira wrote:Are you seriously accusing Vass like that?

Are you seriously asking that after what Vass implied about their "bias"?

Are you seriously asking me that?
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:21 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Do you understand that the context matters here? "Israel is hypnotizing the world" is literally a recycled Antisemitic trope. "Zionists have dual loyalty" is literally a recycled Antisemitic trope. It's literally stuff far-right skinheads and Arab Anti-Semites say on a routine b...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Fahran wrote:
Vassenor wrote:Sounds more like you're looking for excuses to justify your own biases personally.

Do you think it's appropriate to use Antisemitic language? Because all I'm getting from this is that you do.

Are you seriously accusing Vass like that?
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:17 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Who's said anything about Jews being bad? The State of Israel =/= the Jewish people.

The state of Israel was created by and for the Jewish People. The State of Israel is supposed to represent the Jews as a State.

And yet not all Jews agree with it. Get used to that.
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth wrote:Sorry, is anyone else noticing a left wing hypocrisy here?
When it suits them, Jews are great and the holocaust was so bad and Nazis are all horrible etc etc
When it doesnt, just because Jews had the holocaust happen to them doesnt make this right etc etc


???
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

It looks consistent to me. It seems you just don't like it. It's not consistent at all. The same people would howl if racially insensitive language was used by Trump - and rightly so. It's not racially insensitive to criticize or be wary of corruption. Vass isn't criticizing the people involved bec...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

But Vass's questions and comments are very valid. Criticism of Israel, including criticism of Israeli government influence in other governments, is not antisemitism. It's extremely disingenuous to claim it is. And Fahren can calm down and not treat Vass like anyone owes Jewish people or Israel beca...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:06 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

I get that but Fahren is treating Vass like an idiot who owes him something for "evoking persecution." It's insulting. I'm pretty sure that Fahren is a Sephardic Jew and is looking at this from a historical perspective. He was probably raised with the stories of historical anti-Semitism a...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

You don't need to speak so condescendingly to Vass. emotions clearly run strong in this topic because unlike trickle down economics or your favorites music genre, this literally involves people dying. There are people dying because of an ethnic conflict that didn't need to happen but did. I get tha...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

So complaining about the amount of influence the political entity that is the government of the State of Israel has in US politics is anti-semitic? Usually, yes, especially if you bring up the trope of the Hypno-Jew to do it and insinuate the existence of a Jewish Fifth Column. I really shouldn't h...
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:49 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: "This is absolutely terrifying." Welsh Toilets Replaced
Replies: 263
Views: 4281

just let people have a bit of the ole in-n-out and save the money
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:08 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Israel denies entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib
Replies: 1013
Views: 11939

Gormwood wrote:This is the same Israel that is snowflake triggered by the pretty much peaceful BDS movement.

I mean seriously. This is also the same Israel that was trying to sterilize black Jews.
by Otira
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:04 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Does social unity require lying?
Replies: 59
Views: 730

Kinda. Many of our unifying myths as nations and people's are lies. I mean seriously we say in america all men are created equal but those words were written by slave holders. If our founding fathers believing in equality isn't a myth, I don't know what is The man who wrote it owned slaves but was ...
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads