NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 350 matches

Return to advanced search

by Otira
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 am
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: ASoIAF/Game of Thrones general Discussion Thread
Replies: 11303
Views: 238870

::shrug:: i thought it was fine. She moved like a faceless man through the whole army and ganked the NK assassins creed style. Worked for me really. Honestly What I wanted from that scene was a little emotion from Bran. I know that would have been out of character, but when he looks over the Night ...
by Otira
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:48 am
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: ASoIAF/Game of Thrones general Discussion Thread
Replies: 11303
Views: 238870

It never did, but I don't like what the show did with the prophecy. I'm not even sure how it could be explained with what happened in this episodes. And yes, prophecies don't have be true, but that doesn't change the fact that for many, Arya just killing him like that was underwhelm...
by Otira
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:43 am
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: ASoIAF/Game of Thrones general Discussion Thread
Replies: 11303
Views: 238870

It appears all the good battle commanders left to the good guys were absent from the planning, because that battle was pretty awful. I guessed it would be from the opening formations but it's almost like Dany & Jon were trying to get as many of their own people killed as possible. The Dothr...
by Otira
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: The war on drugs and black people and inevitable communism
Replies: 163
Views: 3585

In that case, though, he's not entirely wrong. The majority of slave ships were owned or co-owned by Jews, and the overwhelming majority of slave owners in the United States were Jewish . We shouldn't try to erase history or pass the blame, but we should learn from the mistakes of the past. Yeah, t...
by Otira
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:45 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: The war on drugs and black people and inevitable communism
Replies: 163
Views: 3585

I wish I also could average 50 posts a day on communism
by Otira
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Austria Considers Requiring Real Names for Online Comments
Replies: 115
Views: 2660

Kowani wrote:Will this be effective in any way?

Works for China, Citizen. Now submit.
by Otira
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:51 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should the US pay reparations for slavery?
Replies: 99
Views: 2341

no
by Otira
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:52 am
 
Forum: Gameplay
Topic: Redlandia is Not Fascist
Replies: 117
Views: 7313

CDS should removed Redlandia from their list and apologize for their slander and lies. That is being ridiculous. Redlandia weren't slandered, they were there because they were pretty much a fascist region (also their predessecor too). It is not slander. It is slander because whatever may have happe...
by Otira
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 am
 
Forum: Gameplay
Topic: Redlandia is Not Fascist
Replies: 117
Views: 7313

CDS should removed Redlandia from their list and apologize for their slander and lies.
by Otira
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: International Response to a Second American Civil War
Replies: 254
Views: 4801

Guess the lumber industry in Canada would be ok, sleeping all night and working all day. But, you know, refugee crisis, during the civil war. So kind of a bummer. For you canadians I dont think it's going to be that bad. Canada is far, only I think Detroit is a walkable poor community to Canada. Th...
by Otira
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Russia passe law to jail people for disrespecting government
Replies: 303
Views: 6534

Esternial wrote:To be fair, it's marginally better than having people disappear.

Probably leads to it.

The Russian Army was disappearing people in Chechnya 15 years ago. No reason to believe they won't start those tactics again.
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Considers Reparations For Slavery
Replies: 957
Views: 14752

Ifreann wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I'm against this, as I don't have any slave owner ancestors. I see no reason as to why I should pay for it.

The US government was rather involved in slavery.

It was also rather involved in ending it.
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Considers Anti-Anti-Zionist Bill
Replies: 336
Views: 4297

Bigger deal now than then. No true, a lot of people now have forgotten much about it or downplay it. Few who experienced it still live. Back then nearly every European Jew had been directly affected. No, it is true. For the first 20 years after the Holocaust there wasn't much education on it and an...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Considers Anti-Anti-Zionist Bill
Replies: 336
Views: 4297

It was truly a different time. Yeah, there was this whole Holocaust thing. Kind of a big deal at the time. The reason me Jews were given a state outside Europe was because Europe under German rule had tried to drive all Jews out of Europe. So many Jews were not very inclined to hang around in Europ...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:08 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

Nah, it wasn't really meant for you to have to answer. I think San Lumen is just strawmanning and stringing folks along. When I didn't rise to his strawman and posed that counter-question he skipped it. Which suggests he's fine with some discrimination by businesses, as long as it's the kind he agr...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

Ask him if he thinks businesses should be able to fire you for exercising your freedom of speech. Or should its protections extend over them and not just from the government? Oh sorry, I missed your post. I don't think they should, no; but I don't think they should be able to fire you for what we'r...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:51 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

That is completely different from not working with him because he's African American for example. No it isn't, I found him impossible to work with due to being an idiot. If his idiocy was caused by a learning disability, should I still be able to refuse to work with him? Ask him if he thinks busine...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

Why probably? How are anti discrimination laws and the Civil Rights Act wrong according to you? Because I'm still thinking it through. And I gave my comparison. Do you think businesses should be able to fire you for exercising your freedom of speech? Or should its protections extend over them and n...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Otira wrote:Probably.

Kind of like how freedom of speech protects you from your government and not other people or businesses which can fire you for exercising your freedom. Constitution doesn't say they can't, after all.

As dumb as such a thing is.

The businesses firing part?
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

Probably. Kind of like how freedom of speech protects you from your government and not other people or businesses which can fire you for exercising your freedom. Constitution doesn't say they can't, after all. Why probably? How are anti discrimination laws and the Civil Rights Act wrong according t...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should There Be A Right To Discriminate?
Replies: 5377
Views: 61127

San Lumen wrote:What say you NSG? Should there be a right to discriminate?

Probably.

Kind of like how freedom of speech protects you from your government and not other people or businesses which can fire you for exercising your freedom. Constitution doesn't say they can't, after all.
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Considers Anti-Anti-Zionist Bill
Replies: 336
Views: 4297

It was not as much a "dumping" as you suggest it is tho. The migration of Jews to Israel was already in effect even when the Levant was under domination of the Ottomans. The idea to "dump them in the place everyone hates them" was put in effect way before Hitler even rose to pow...
by Otira
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:39 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Considers Anti-Anti-Zionist Bill
Replies: 336
Views: 4297

So basically they want to make it illegal to protest against a political entity. Yeah, no. On the other hand, many are using the "it’s anti-Zionism, not anti-Semitism!" excuse to actually be anti-Semitic, so it really isn’t flowers and pink on the other side of the fence. Sounds flimsy to...
by Otira
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Teens Surround And Denigrate Native Americans In DC
Replies: 1656
Views: 33236

Page wrote:I'm sure this will be a long, fun thread of pretending that these particular MAGA folks are the super ultra mega rare exception.

No one has to pretend it if you can't support your opinion that they aren't the exception.
by Otira
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:33 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Donkey or a Horse? ... Your Highness?
Replies: 230
Views: 4304

It was a newt, but it got better.
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads