NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 33648 matches

Return to advanced search

by Telconi
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Has there ever been a US president who has refused to transition after an electoral defeat? Ive never heard of any but just in case.


Closest thing we've ever had was the Tilden and Hayes issue. But neither of them was an incumbent president.
by Telconi
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:58 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

It’s also telling Trump that the military will not back his attempts to remain in office. The military has said they aren’t joining in the fun. If Trump is trying to push through a new SCOTUS Justiciar, do you think you could get pushed up to Chief of the Defence Staff in quick time too, just to te...
by Telconi
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: California Bans Sale of New Gasoline Cars by 2035
Replies: 228
Views: 2477

Well-intentioned, and certainly admirable, but it poses a lot of questions. Will EVs be affordable compared to gasoline cars by then? Will EV manufacturers be more committed to lowering their carbon footprint as well by then? I'm conflicted, part of me recognizes that extreme action is necessary to...
by Telconi
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

San Lumen wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Silly man. You expected the republicans to follow their own stances?


Standard are different for Republicans.


Yes.
by Telconi
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:23 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg!
Replies: 1233
Views: 16908

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Loben III wrote:
Dying wishes, a perfect pretext for law.


A resolution honoring a deceased SC justice is not "law".
It's common decency. Something Ted Cruz lacks.


No, it isn't law, but it's still an act of the government.
by Telconi
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

The issue is postal votes come in post-election, and they're majority Democrat - so end of day November 4th Trump will likely be ahead, and he'll claim victory and try everything possible to delegitimise any votes counted after the 4th.. and frankly I've become too used to Trump getting away with e...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Diopolis wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Highly unlikely, but there are certainly cases I'm interested in that aren't the whole say invalidation of the NFA, or even the Hughes Amendment.

I almost forgot you lived in the hotel commiefornia.


"Live" is a bit of a stretch, I exist here, actually living is illegal.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:18 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Which is a gain on that front, frankly I don't care about LGBT rights, and there are other issues the court is likely to favor me on with more Republican appointees. You think the new supreme court will legalize machine guns again? Highly unlikely, but there are certainly cases I'm interested in th...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Not for me and Tel at least, Roberts has been the only thing halting progress for us. I do think the extreme anti-abortion and anti-LGBT types are going to be very disappointed though. The court will most likely not ban abortion and definitely won’t reverse LGBT rights. They will however reverse Ro...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Certainly not.

Why?


Because doing unpleasant things to no gain isn't something I care to spend time on.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:
Telconi wrote:
The point is that you're not wrong, you're just wrong for reasons you aren't aware of.

Then maybe you should make them aware of those reasons.


Certainly not.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

We don't. Then you're misusing lingo. If a take is cold, it is unsurprising and something held to just be true. Me saying that Mitch McConnell does scummy things is a cold take, not because it's wrong but because it's a consensus. A hot take, on the other hand, is something that is controversial an...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:31 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

Valrifell wrote:
Telconi wrote:
That take could chill nitrogen my friend.


I'm glad we agree, then.


We don't.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

Valrifell wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:I mean hey, the government is leading us down the path of total apocalypse, so being armed matters.


Yes but Tel would be siding with the government.


That take could chill nitrogen my friend.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:54 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

Vassenor wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Their brand of politics is the well being of the USA.


Without mentioning guns, explain how this objectively benefits the wellbeing of the USA.


Because guns.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:41 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

Valrifell wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Their brand of politics is the well being of the USA.


That's just, like, your opinion, man.


Yes, and theirs.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:39 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11726
Views: 153420

Idzequitch wrote:American politicians continue to prove that they are hypocrites and immoral scoundrels who don't give a crap about the status or wellbeing of the USA as long as their brand of politics is implemented.


Their brand of politics is the well being of the USA.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Loben III wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
*sigh* sure lob I mean telc. Sure......


if youre implying that we are the same person because i am defending him then you are a piece of work.


He has this weird conspiracy theory that there's only one actual person who disagrees with him, and everyone is just a puppet of this one person.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:34 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

The Black Forrest wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Less than your mom antagonized that poor person.


*sigh* sure lob I mean telc. Sure......


Whatever you say Lumen.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:31 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

The Black Forrest wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And a gay guy told me he wanted to kill my family. So evidently LGBT people are something to be concerned about too...


Sure he did......did you antagonize him?


Less than your mom antagonized that poor person.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:29 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

He's viewed by the Evangelicals as a transactional political figure. He gives them the judges they wish and he gets the adulation. But once the court is 6-3 he decomes Captain Dunsel and is discarded. I'm not sure about that. A party or even a sizable amount of a party willing to discard him doesn'...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:26 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Same reason I'm supposed to be hurt by Democrat fefes who aren't hurt by machine guns. Thugs with guns are something to be concerned about. Hell even a 2nd amendment supporter threatened my mom awhile back. My mom suffers from MS and looks like the wind would blow her over. And a gay guy told me he...
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

The Black Forrest wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Yes, that's how this works, they're not unique.


Ok. So why am I supposed to worry about Christian fefes? How are they hurt by LGBT people?


Same reason I'm supposed to be hurt by Democrat fefes who aren't hurt by machine guns.
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

Illinois, actually. Downstate, though, so it's pretty Republican here. And it's no secret that the court was a major factor in Trump's election and his support among evangelicals. Of course; they want everybody else to follow their “moral” code. It’s going to get even more polarized when it’s done....
by Telconi
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:07 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread IX: Entering The Homestretch
Replies: 2309
Views: 22112

This^ There were a lot of people who voted Trump in 2016 solely because of the possibility of getting a sweep on SCOTUS because RBG stayed on. It almost motivated me to vote for him even. Even if that were true, I doubt most rural voters care exclusively about court appointments. Maybe not exclusiv...
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads