NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 33648 matches

Return to advanced search

by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Also, nice strawman. The lengths to which you insist O'Reilly is a perpetrator of misogynistic abusive sexual harassment is equally adorable. So wifebeating isn't misogyny. Got it. Was he sued for beating his wife? I swear you need to open a pumpkin patch, you sure have plenty of straw men lying ar...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

You realize that "cases you can win" and "a case you know you have a possibility of not winning" have an enormous deal of overlap right? It's a risk analysis. If you have a 30% chance of losing 20 million. Or a 100% chance of losing 5 million, you settle for the 5 million. This ...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:25 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

You realize that "cases you can win" and "a case you know you have a possibility of not winning" have an enormous deal of overlap right? It's a risk analysis. If you have a 30% chance of losing 20 million. Or a 100% chance of losing 5 million, you settle for the 5 million. This ...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

And how is that? Just because you pay something for them to shut up does not mean you are guilty of their accusation. It is something you have to do to keep them quiet and not to continue their shtick. Someone doesn't understand how law works in the United States. You don't pay a settlement for a c...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Southern Poverty Law Center sues Daily Stormer
Replies: 44
Views: 1457

Hey! The SPLC is doing something I don't find terrible. Would you look at that... In the twilight zone that is the 21st century internet, you have people seriously, unironically, calling the SPLC a smear organization, and ignoring their very long record of effective civil rights work. For fuck's sak...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Does Democracy Work?
Replies: 198
Views: 5350

Good and idiot aren't necessarily exclusive. I'm not saying most people are idiots to be mean - I'm saying it because most people are objectively utterly clueless on all but a very narrow range of subjects that varies from person to person. Which makes them a terrible committee to consult on almost...
by Telconi
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Wearing of anything with religious symbols in public
Replies: 295
Views: 6160

Point of order: "No right to do something" is not the same thing as "cannot do something". You're a great poster, Vassenor. Whenever I see your flag pop up in any thread, I can always tell what the post next to it is going to say based on what the most progressive opinion I can ...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

36 Camera Perspective wrote:
Telconi wrote:
I would love Fox to have less Neo-Con apologist Trumpophiles. But that's their thing right now, and they're still one of the more tolerable media outlets.


Trumpophiles aren't really neo-cons.


They are not, that was intended to have a '/' in there.
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Think Fox needs to get their shit together. I don't agree with the termination, and I think Fox is losing a major player. I guess Sean Hannity will be the new face of Fox News. :meh: Fox needs to reformed themselves, perhaps? Giving a new image of Fox? I would love Fox to have less Neo-Con apologis...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Future of Western Civilization
Replies: 151
Views: 3432

Stagnation, decline, decay, infighting, and an eventual suicide after a succession of incompetent and buffoonish autocrats. Do people desire to take these jobs? Let's be honest, no. No one want to do that shit. Do people want to take them? Yes, because they have families to cloth, house and feed. S...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Telconi wrote:They all do each of these things when it suits them.

Because there is.


Ah. The false equivalency thing... yeah, there's not going to be any point discussing this.


Ah, the "My opinion is more valuable than yours" thing. Yeah, you're right. There won't be a point.
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

I could have picked any of them, they all hate me, They hate you? That sounds egotistical. Do they even know you? .... they all support a partisan agenda, Maybe. Not entirely objecting to partisanship. There's always some bias when one person communicates and idea to another person - the question i...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

He's doing the job Fox hired him to do, to you that's being a "hateful, lying, partisan hack", but mostly you just don't share his views. Nope. I'm not saying that he's hateful because I don't share his views, but because I've watched how he interviews people. I'm not saying he's partisan...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Well your suspicion and personal opinion is quite literally a defining example of "unfounded judgement". It's not unfounded to think that he might assault women based on the fact that he beat his own wife. That's not something I'm making up he lost custody because of it. No-one is pulling...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

So? Iunno about most folks, but if you think your opinion of the man is objective proof towards any accusation made, you're foolish. So I'm foolish for not trusting a guy who beat his own wife? I didn't say that he did it I just said that I don't put it past him to do such things to women. If that ...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

"Hateful, lying, partisan hack." AKA Political commentator? They don't mean the same thing. I didn't stutter. Well you're writing, so I wouldn't have heard it if you did stutter... He's doing the job Fox hired him to do, to you that's being a "hateful, lying, partisan hack", but...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Which is really craptastic. But what can you really do about it? So FOXNews would rather settle than prove the allegations wrong and then whip up a promotional frenzy over Bill being the victim of golddigging SJW feminazis? Yes... people and companies settle lawsuits all the damn time, the majority...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Which is a shame, the fact that Fox is being pressured into firing O'Reilly by advertisers over unfounded accusations is sad. Good ol' "Guilty until proven innocent" in the court of public opinion. Because unproven allegations are all that it takes for FOXNews to pay out $13 million in se...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Think Fox needs to get their shit together. I don't agree with the termination, and I think Fox is losing a major player. I guess Sean Hannity will be the new face of Fox News. :meh: Fox is losing a lot of ad revenue from this thing with O'Reilly. 60 companies will not let their ads be shown on Fox...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: O'Reilly is out
Replies: 211
Views: 5470

Think Fox needs to get their shit together. I don't agree with the termination, and I think Fox is losing a major player. I guess Sean Hannity will be the new face of Fox News. :meh:
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Wearing of anything with religious symbols in public
Replies: 295
Views: 6160

Freedom of religion is guaranteed in the constitutions of every Westernized nation in the world. Unless the UK isn't included under your definition of a "Westernised nation," I'm afraid that I'm going to have to call bullshit here. Freedom of religion is legally guaranteed in the UK, but ...
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Wearing of anything with religious symbols in public
Replies: 295
Views: 6160

I would say it's within a company's right to control what an employee wears. But it should be a universal rule. If any exemption is made for any religious dress, they should exempt all religious dress.
by Telconi
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Future of Western Civilization
Replies: 151
Views: 3432

Major-Tom wrote: Objectively, she is better than Donald, she just has the hardest time at the game of likability.



Major-Tom wrote:No objective anything.



Well now I'm just confused...
by Telconi
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Future of Western Civilization
Replies: 151
Views: 3432

I think the difference is a matter of degree. You say you're very pro 2nd Amendment, and yet you're willing to tolerate a candidate that pushes for an 'assault weapon' ban. "We need to get the military style assault weapons off of our streets" is right next to "We need to exterminate...
by Telconi
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Future of Western Civilization
Replies: 151
Views: 3432

Because he doesn't have to be good, he only has to be better than Hillary Clinton. A candidate so bad, my cat buries superior choices every day. Also, to perhaps dispel some confusion, guns and abortion, that's why. This brings us to the issue of a broken electorate system, I agree with Conservativ...
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads