NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 12287 matches

Return to advanced search

by Major-Tom
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: ICE detention centre detainees undergo mass hysterectomies
Replies: 515
Views: 6051

The federal government is operating concentration camps on American soil right now and you can see in this very thread that some people are fully supportive of it. No they aren't. I find it hilarious however that for all their assertions their enemies are Nazis the Democrats more and more every day...
by Major-Tom
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Because robbing the people of a different democratic choice that isn't the duopoly of Democrats or Republicans is a violation of their democratic will full stop. Not following the law isn't robbing anyone of anything. What is the point in having filing requirement if they are just going to be ignor...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Yes I would. Based on the 2018 result in Wisconsin the tipping point district was District 29, which the Republicans won by a margin of 12.12%, therefore Democrats would have needed to win the statewide popular vote by a margin of 20.36% to win a majority of seats. X to doubt That's just plainly wr...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: The most kick-ass female in history
Replies: 80
Views: 1052

Mrs. Ahern from 6th grade history, may you continue to drive Subarus and tell tales of beating up Southies before mass.
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

That's dumb and you know it. This isn't a game of color in the dots, it's a race for who represents the states based off voter will within that state. If party A wins 55% of the vote, and party B wins 44% of the vote, but party B wins 2/3 of the seats, what does it say about the way the seats were ...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

To win the state assembly in Wisconsin, Democrats would have to win the popular vote by twenty points. That’s not going to happen. They could maybe get the state senate but it’s a big if. Your just being pedantic they can win the assembly by way less than that if they actually tried to win in rural...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:03 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

How are they going to do that when it’s nearly impossible to win? Don't be shit and actually fucking try to win in more red areas? That's dumb and you know it. This isn't a game of color in the dots, it's a race for who represents the states based off voter will within that state. If party A wins 5...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Coronavirus Thread V: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (READ OP)
Replies: 3996
Views: 52834

Bannon, the guy who wants to fight China because he's a dickhead. Well? Not defending Bannon. because he is wanker; China is the biggest threat to our way of life. Yeah, Bannon is a dick but not because he's anti-China, he's a dick because he's a far-right xenophobe who looks like the human embodim...
by Major-Tom
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Coronavirus Thread V: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (READ OP)
Replies: 3996
Views: 52834

I mean does it really matter whether China intentionally created the virus or accidentally created the virus? Either way China is to blame for the virus due to it's disgusting unregulated wet markets or a lab. Oh, right, Trump needs a new scapegoat that isn't him ignoring the virus to let it spread...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Bolivian Elections 2020
Replies: 36
Views: 614

I guess I support Anez because she’s the only viable candidate that’s even somewhat close to my beliefs. Also I despise Evo Morales and his whole ‘I get to ignore term limits because I’m special’ attitude so I was quite happy when his own guards realized his idiocy and helped overthrow him. He didn...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: West Coast Burning: The Western Wildfire Thread
Replies: 196
Views: 3657

Ur, smoke doesn't trigger a red flag warning. High fire danger weather (hot, dry, windy) triggers a red flag warning. Looks from the article like it was just also commenting that smoke from the west coast has made it as far west as Hawaii, but itself isn't related to Hawaii's fire danger warning. b...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Did you not imply it? I mean, if I say "Biden is unpopular with Cubans" and you say "it's because Cubans hate communism," what exactly can I infer? They hate Castro and Cuba’s government? It would be an insult to my intelligence to call Biden a communist I'm not trying to be a p...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Hahaha, Biden isn't a communist , but you knew that. It's a reflection of Obama's policy, he tried to loosen the embargo with Cuba, it did NOT go over well with Cuban-Americans (which, I find to be super foolish, he's not commending him, he's just trying to normalize relations but whatever). Did an...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Coronavirus May Have Reached US Earlier Than Thought
Replies: 16
Views: 230

Corona knocked me out too, OP. It was a scary situation. It makes perfect sense it was here early as December. There were reports that it was in Italy around that time, and they found that out through none other than sewer samples. My mom's old friend in Kansas caught what the docs said was pneumoni...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:15 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: ICE detention centre detainees undergo mass hysterectomies
Replies: 515
Views: 6051

The Emerald Legion wrote:Do you honestly think the government could get away with forcibly sterilizing Native Americans in this day and age?


Same practices, new group of people. *shrugs*
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Who’s the Boss? You’re the Boss!
Replies: 12
Views: 195

Heloin wrote:Make every office a corner office.


Spotted the red.
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

San Lumen wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
Expected Scarane to get at least 30, 40% of the vote. That's a blow to the progressive movement.

Coons is quite popular.


I have no real opinion of him, just surprised is all.
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:13 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: In “Treacherous Stab”, Bahrain Normalises Tie With Israel
Replies: 607
Views: 5854

Can we stop comparing Israel to a genocidal, bloodthirsty regime? For god's sake, the US alone makes Israel look like child's play, and Hamas and Fatah respectively make the Israeli government look like hippies. Netanyahu and other Likud governments have had far too xenophobic and nationalistic pol...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:06 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant
Replies: 11346
Views: 148006

Northern Davincia wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
Nah. The worst was Kissinger.

The EU at least has a record of no major war in Europe since 1945.

Kissinger was a great man, leave him be.


His Cambodian fan club is going to be crushed when he passes.
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:01 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Who’s the Boss? You’re the Boss!
Replies: 12
Views: 195

Corner office, no question. I like my privacy, large spaces with mahogany coffee tables, and hopefully, I'd still treat everybody respectfully.
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: In “Treacherous Stab”, Bahrain Normalises Tie With Israel
Replies: 607
Views: 5854

That does not negate the fact that Israel is very important to the tech progress of the world. I do need to mention that Israel actually provides plenty of aid to friendly African countries. Jews and Israel are why you have your computer / phone with which you bash them. Moreover they are kind enou...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Healthcare! A much needed reform in the US.
Replies: 848
Views: 8396

Solvokina wrote:The problem with implementing Universal Healthcare to the USA is that they are screwed from the start due to privatisation everywhere


....So let's fix it?
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Hahaha, Biden isn't a communist, but you knew that. Yeah but anything other than a hardline bowing to invade Cuba stance is considered apologia these days. For 99% of Americans, it's not. Cuban-Americans, as someone noted, the older generation at least, is single-issue as fuck (and that 1% here). C...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Fair point. Keeping the topic on Florida, it appears that Biden is losing key support among the large and very diverse Florida Latino community, specifically in the Miami-Dade area where Cuban-Americans, a historically Republican bloc, seem to be on the GOP side at some of the highest rates since t...
by Major-Tom
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:48 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VIII: Cs, Ds, and Es
Replies: 12266
Views: 119206

Shrillland wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Where are you getting these results?


Politico, like always.https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/delaware/


Expected Scarane to get at least 30, 40% of the vote. That's a blow to the progressive movement.
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads