NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 17436 matches

Return to advanced search

by Salandriagado
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

To be fair, that argument is quite exhausted. It always goes like this. Atheist: “There is no evidence for god.” Christian: “YES THERE IS!” Atheist: “Okay, show me.” Christian: “Uh... EVERYTHING OF COURSE!” Atheist: “That makes no sense.” Christian: “ EVERYTHINNNNGGGG” Atheist: “Care to elaborate?”...
by Salandriagado
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Quick thing but created has implications I do not agree with. Also, when you mean we do you mean humans or the universe? Also are you saying we can never figure it out? The universe. I look at it from a pragmatic stance. You can keep breaking the big bang, then the pre-big bang particles, etc. down...
by Salandriagado
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

To be fair, that argument is quite exhausted. It always goes like this. Atheist: “There is no evidence for god.” Christian: “YES THERE IS!” Atheist: “Okay, show me.” Christian: “Uh... EVERYTHING OF COURSE!” Atheist: “That makes no sense.” Christian: “ EVERYTHINNNNGGGG” Atheist: “Care to elaborate?”...
by Salandriagado
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:36 pm
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: Computer General Discussion Thread
Replies: 10103
Views: 179418

Is there actually any point in spending more on "Fancy" ram vs normal ram? My dad's basically said that there's been mixed feelings on that. I'm sure there are diminishing returns like all things, but benefits nonetheless. What is "fancy ram"? Also I'm still apoplectic about my ...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US Presidential Election Megathread I- It Begins
Replies: 4365
Views: 56287

C) People can make there own solar then sell any extra. You make energy and a profit! What's not to like? Solar energy requires a lot of land to be useful. It’s too expensive to use 100% solar energy Space-based solar is where it's at, if you're going large-scale solar: no clouds, no atmosphere to ...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US Presidential Election Megathread I- It Begins
Replies: 4365
Views: 56287

Valrifell wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Even better idea. Recycle it.


Technically by tossing nuclear waste into the sun, you are recycling it.


Erm, no. The sun is hydrogen fusion. It'll never do anything at all with uranium, or any other common fission byproduct.
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US Presidential Election Megathread I- It Begins
Replies: 4365
Views: 56287

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Not fans of nuclear waste, I guess.


Launch it into the sun tbh


Into the sun is absurdly expensive, even if you have some functionally-free method of getting into orbit.
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should we shut the f*** up?
Replies: 156
Views: 2418

Answer the fucking question. Which one are you claiming isn't true? I just said, our understanding of physics is incomplete, something anyone even slightly verses in physics is well aware of. For example, the fact that that special relativity is incomplete due to the fact it doesn’t account for gra...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread VIII—Can't Let EU Go
Replies: 12109
Views: 158701

If they are digging up dirt on Corbyn I guess an election is around the corner, and the tories are getting a little nervous. I don't think the Conservative Party has anything to fear from a party led by a man whose negative approval ratings are now worse than Michael Foot's were. A negative net app...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Korhal IVV wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:Been there, done that. You havnt provided a defense.

Really? :roll:

Have you looked from the perspective of correct and sound theology?


No such thing exists. All theology, without exception, assumes that a deity exists, and never honestly analyses that.
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Korhal IVV wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:So we gotta be in the in crowd to criticize the in crowd, eh?

You need to see every perspective before spouting criticism.


No, you just need an ability to gather evidence and apply reason to the results.
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 am
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: Computer General Discussion Thread
Replies: 10103
Views: 179418

Is there actually any point in spending more on "Fancy" ram vs normal ram? My dad's basically said that there's been mixed feelings on that. It depends what you're doing, and what CPU you use. Broadly, anything that's reliant on doing lots of stuff with data in the memory benefits from fa...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should we shut the f*** up?
Replies: 156
Views: 2418

No. At most two of the following can be true: 1. General relativity is a valid model of the (macroscopic) universe. 2. The universe is causal. 3. It is possible to travel faster than light. Which one are you claiming is not true? I’m claiming our current understanding is only part of the picture, a...
by Salandriagado
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should we shut the f*** up?
Replies: 156
Views: 2418

So which of causality and general relativity are you claiming does not hold? Blackholes were thought to be impossible because they broke basically every Law of Physics in the book, but oh look, they're at the center of almost every single galaxy including our and we've even been able to detect or f...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should we shut the f*** up?
Replies: 156
Views: 2418

So which of causality and general relativity are you claiming does not hold? There are more questions we don’t know to ask, then questions we have the answer to. Basically, saying “it’s impossible” is another way of saying “we don’t know how to do it”. No. At most two of the following can be true: ...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: How Would You Improve the American Education System?
Replies: 439
Views: 6190

The Pledge of Allegiance definitely needs to go. I disagree. The Pledge of Allegiance must stay, although in my... ideal version of America, I'd make some slight adjustments to the Pledge itself. I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the North American Union, and to the Technate for which it stands, o...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US Presidential Election Megathread I- It Begins
Replies: 4365
Views: 56287

Far Easter Republic wrote:But then there's high odds of a socialist coming out for the dems.


No there isn't.
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

I was raised Jewish, I spent plenty of time studying the Torah and other books. The Old Testament is very clear, no one can add to or take away from the word of god and that anyone who attempts to do so should not be followed because they are all false prophets. And who said that we are adding or s...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Bronze-Medal debating. *slow claps* You've quite the unduly high opinion of your argumentation if you think it deserves a bronze-medal. :p All bantz aside, Paganism really was of no value to the world, if not even negative ones. Pagans did accomplish good things, but it was in spite of their heaten...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Name one "true" Christian. Myself. Tarsonis. Korhal. All have sinned in this very thread. My churchmates, whom I know intimately. Statistically, at least one is probably a criminal. Billy Graham (and his son and his son's son) Who? John Calvin. Did a whole bunch of shady shit. St. Nichola...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

I don't follow any religion due to me not growing up in a religious family, I am however agnostic meaning I believe in some type of higher power. Despite that though I prefer science and facts over some old books that were rewritten many times in history. What makes you believe that they were rewri...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

:rofl: You do realize in ancient times, due to the water being so bad people would drink almost everyday because it was healthier than water, right? And also, yeah, no, Christians go to bars all the time, especially in smaller towns. I must have mistated, because here in the Philippines, if a Chris...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

Looks at all the Nazis during ww2, looks at the torture done by the various churches throughout history, looks at the covering up of child abuse from various churches throughout history. Which pretty much means that all of the people you mentioned are false Christians or heretics. Along with the ov...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

I love God, a more oppressive and brutal dictator than any other the world has ever known. Really, it'd be best to but that "don't have to" in quotes. *God creates universe* *God creates beings in universe for a purpose* *Beings reject purpose* *God warns them that doing so will have grav...
by Salandriagado
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do/don't you believe in a higher power? (Any HP)
Replies: 4547
Views: 59823

You’d think that the Pharaoh after that would have decided not to record that horrible fiasco, which shames his dynasty. Egyptians are not above historical revisionism if they have to. Any record may have been destroyed either by time or by the Pharaoh’s orders. Though there are sources still, as s...
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads