NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 65612 matches

Return to advanced search

by Genivaria
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 pm
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: Thread for Gamers IX: Serious Edition
Replies: 6117
Views: 155208

Playing Grounded as it just released on Xbox One Game Pass.
Fuck those fucking spiders ughhh!
by Genivaria
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:55 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent
Replies: 8788
Views: 99799

360 Democratic delegates say they'll oppose party platform that does not include 'Medicare for All' Nearly 400 Democratic delegates plan to oppose any party platform that does not include "Medicare for All," saying the coronavirus pandemic illustrates the urgency. “This pandemic has shown...
by Genivaria
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent
Replies: 8788
Views: 99799

“She laughed and said, ‘that’s politics.’ She had no remorse”: Why Kamala Harris isn't a lock for VP . The "that's politics" part is her answer to her attack on Biden regarding the bussing issue. It concerned the person (Dodd) so much, it is why he's been reportedly pushing for Rep. Bass ...
by Genivaria
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:12 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent
Replies: 8788
Views: 99799

I can move this if it isn't the place for it, but the Arizona Democratic Party HQ in Phoenix was completely destroyed by arson yesterday morning: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2020/07/24/fire-damages-arizona-democratic-party-headquarters-building-phoenix-overnight/5501...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:18 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

This pretty much^. If a criminal isn't an active threat to public safety than there's no justification for imprisonment which is both expensive and unproductive. Fines and community service should be the only punishments for the vast majority of crimes. Still going to need some police for occasiona...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:13 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

Aeritai wrote:When you guys say decriminalize drugs are you talking about making meth, crack, LSD and other hardcore drugs legal or are you talking about other drugs?

Just need that to be clarified.

Decriminalize possession, addiction is a health issue not a criminal issue.
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

Quite a few posters are calling for American DeBaathification with police in place of Baath Party members. And we saw what happened after DeBaathification. Getting rid of police with no replacement is a recipe for a fucktastrophe. If we decriminalize drugs and sex work, replace "fix-it tickets...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

I hope not alone or he's going to be shot very quickly by the armed security. Not the point. It doesn't take any sort of skill to make the attempt. I haven't looked into the backgrounds of bank robbers. That is the point, fools who try to rob a bank without a plan or crew normally don't get a chanc...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

While I generally support defunding the police I don't think bank robbers are from poor backgrounds, robbing a bank requires professional skill. Uhm, no. Any fool can walk into a bank with a gun - or without - and stick up a teller. Cracking a safe might require some more skill but really, when's t...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:50 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent
Replies: 8788
Views: 99799

GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slave...
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:44 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

Kowani wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
The social workers wills stop a bank robbery for sure. :lol2:

The general investment in the community will make bank robberies unnecessary.

While I generally support defunding the police I don't think bank robbers are from poor backgrounds, robbing a bank requires professional skill.
by Genivaria
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:41 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: 2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent
Replies: 8788
Views: 99799

GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slave...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: The events in Portland & the plan to take it nationwide
Replies: 1150
Views: 18226

-Ocelot- wrote:Another victory for the far-left, as the US government employs communist tactics to stop further rioting and unrest.

....are you implying that Donald Trump is a far-leftist?
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:51 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian Soldiers Die Following Standoff with Chinese Forces
Replies: 371
Views: 5919

Although the US pulled our troops out of Taiwan in 1979. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Taiwan_Defense_Command We already did leave. But sure if Taiwan declared they no longer wanted US support or protection the US would do nothing. But of course Taiwan would be suicidal to do so. Be...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:55 pm
 
Forum: Arts & Fiction
Topic: Thread for Gamers IX: Serious Edition
Replies: 6117
Views: 155208

Out looking for a boar pelt in Red Dead 2. Come across a Klan meeting. Blow the whole lot of them to Hell with a stick of dynamite. This game is something. Lol I remember when some people were offended because you could kill the Klan expies. One of the best parts of the whole game. Some people were...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:52 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: NYT was going to publish home address of Fox news reporter
Replies: 467
Views: 5261

Steppe Khanate wrote:This is terrible. Even though I disagree with him on everything, no one deserves to be doxxed and harassed, and especially not their families. NYT should be ashamed of themselves

Except that they didn't and the only 'source' is Tucker Carlson claiming they did.
Tucker Carlson is a liar.
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

So the police are attacking medical tents again. You know, shit that's considered a war crime if done by an army. Presumably we're going to get chapter and verse about how this is perfectly justified self defence on the part of the cops involved. Relevant meme is relevant. https://scontent-dfw5-1.x...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:07 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian Soldiers Die Following Standoff with Chinese Forces
Replies: 371
Views: 5919

What would happen if Taiwan were to defy the American empire? First of all moving the goal posts. Second making memes rather that substantive points. I assume you mean “disagree with the US on a major point of foreign policy”. If Taiwan did probably nothing happens, US allies have major disagreemen...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian Soldiers Die Following Standoff with Chinese Forces
Replies: 371
Views: 5919

“Liberating” is silly but the simple fact is a lot has changed. I could turn around and say “just because the US did not succeed in liberating Canada dies not make Canada legitimate” but that is silly. Canada is now a legitimate independent state, regardless of the fact it was part of the same impe...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:04 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian Soldiers Die Following Standoff with Chinese Forces
Replies: 371
Views: 5919

By that logic just because the criminal regime of the CCP controls most of the mainland doesn't make them legitimate. What makes them legitimate ... to a point ... is the popular fight that put them in power. What makes them illegitimate is the popular fight against the dictatorship. Yes the ROC is...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

That last one irks me the wrong way. Cops should arrest people for things that shouldn't be illegal. It's their job to maintain the law. It's not their fault some asshole politician made a braindead law, but it's their job to uphold it. To make it the cops responsibility let's our shitty politician...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:56 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

Ending the war on drugs, funding healthcare, funding education, not policing minority and poor communities disproportionally, do away with 3 strikes rules, and generally stop arresting people for things that shouldn't be illegal in the first place. That last one irks me the wrong way. Cops should a...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

Some people who want to 'defund' police want to use the money split from the police budget to create new organizations for handle some responsibilities currently placed on many US police. And how do we know that such activities actually take up such a large portion of police funds ? What if the pol...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:27 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8285
Views: 100494

"military style weapons" is such a retarded standard to employ. Just about 90% of available firearms at one time were considered "military style" So a big NO on gun control laws. How else to you expect to reduce our ridiculously high crime rate? And what about the police? Do you...
by Genivaria
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Indian Soldiers Die Following Standoff with Chinese Forces
Replies: 371
Views: 5919

Because the PRC did not succeed in liberating Taiwan does not make the ROC legitimate. They were overthrown in the Chinese revolution and continue to control Taiwan only due to American imperialist intervention to protect them. I don't think the PRC succeeded in liberating anyone. They certainly di...
PreviousNext

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads