NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 1912 matches

Return to advanced search

by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:41 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hillary Clinton could still win the presidency
Replies: 8257
Views: 121070

We've been complaining about the EC for years, through both republican and democratic administrations. Your assertion is false. That's not what I mean. What I mean is that no Clinton supporters would be complaining about the college if Clinton won the college vote. I'm not talking about how its bee...
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:38 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hillary Clinton could still win the presidency
Replies: 8257
Views: 121070

The Frozen Forest wrote:
The Greater German Federal Republic wrote:I agree, people should just accept the outcome and give the god-emperor President-elect Mr. Trump a chance.

God Emperor?

Naw. More like the God Emperor of Dune.

Not that he has prescience or anything. They're just both giant worms.
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

Yes but that ignores my clever (by a certain definition of "clever") use of Korean honorifics. This is already fairly off-topic. Let's not digress further. Shaman. Now, when they say "Shaman" what are they talking about here? Is she a Tengriist or something? It's... complicated....
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:16 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

Yes but that ignores my clever (by a certain definition of "clever") use of Korean honorifics. This is already fairly off-topic. Let's not digress further. Shaman. Now, when they say "Shaman" what are they talking about here? Is she a Tengriist or something? The word "shama...
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

I'd have done it in Hangul if I'd thought anyone could read it. Or had a Hangul keyboard. Or knowledge of how to write Hangul. According to Google: It's 라스푸틴 or laseuputin . Yes but that ignores my clever (by a certain definition of "clever") use of Korean honorifics. This is already fair...
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:02 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hillary Clinton could still win the presidency
Replies: 8257
Views: 121070

In the sense that I could spontaneously develop superpowers, sure. She could.
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:00 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

Arumdaum wrote:
Quokkastan wrote:Rasp-unni?

god i hate romanization of korean lol

I'd have done it in Hangul if I'd thought anyone could read it.

Or had a Hangul keyboard.

Or knowledge of how to write Hangul.
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:50 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

Daburuetchi wrote:If for one welcome Korean Rasputin...

Rasp-unni?
by Quokkastan
Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:45 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Meanwhile, in South Korea...
Replies: 89
Views: 2137

Some of my friends have been participating in this! I got to see a bit of it live from my friends' phones through Facebook (admittedly not close friends but still lol). They're this upset because their President had an unofficial advisor? She's not just an unofficial advisor. She's a shaman whose f...
by Quokkastan
Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:04 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Why do people think the GOP is horrible?
Replies: 62
Views: 1080

Oh not all of them. 90.... 95%, tops. Some of them are really really bad but they are still not as bad as that ammo sale background check in California. Is that the worst "stupid Democratic policy" that you could come up with? That's vaguely encouraging. And yes. Many of them are that bad...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:01 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Fair enough. But, again, you can't defend that without falling back to religion. It's the only epistemology which will let you get away with "because I believe it to be so," and call that justified. One can look it as a biological standpoint. And when you do that, you see that lots of ani...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:59 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Uxupox wrote:
Alvecia wrote:Which is very shaky ground given the biological case for homosexuality


On where as primates are known to use sexuality as a means of dominance? No thanks.

Any mammalian brain will easily confuse sexuality and aggression, but that's highly irrelevant.
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:31 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

My statement actually backed up your point, since it conceded the possibility that an adult Soros could have realistically worked with ex-Nazi businessmen in the 1950s and 1960s. Not sure why you're talking about child killers who you would do well to note, aren't businessmen. Oh, really? Children ...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:28 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

The "unnatural" one doesn't work without religion. You just have to point to how often you see it in nature. People who call homosexuality "unnatural" are using a definition of the word removed from empiricism, and typically grounded in a religious view of human sexual relations...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:22 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

It's not impossible to be homophobic without religion. It is very nearly impossible to defend homophobia without falling back to religion. Arguments against homophobia not based in religion tend to get thrashed, but because the main principal of religion is "I believe x because I believe x&quo...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:08 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

It's not impossible to be homophobic without religion. It is very nearly impossible to defend homophobia without falling back to religion. Arguments against homophobia not based in religion tend to get thrashed, but because the main principal of religion is "I believe x because I believe x"...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Is George Soros just the right-wing's boogeyman because they desperately need to deflect from the Koch Bros or something? Please. The Koch Bros are America's equivalent of him. Except that the Koches never actually worked with nazis, as far as I know. A quick glance at his age reveals he was only 1...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:51 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Stahn wrote:Not all religions are or were as or at all homophobic. It seems to be most apparent in Abrahamic religions as far as I know.

The question, then, would be if adherents to these other religions are homophobic. And what is their reasoning if so.
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:46 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Greater Pareidolia wrote:What about homophilia? It's being used as a weapon, you know.

Yes. The hospital wards are overflowing with victims.
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:55 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Is homophobia linked to religion?
Replies: 226
Views: 2930

Imperium Sidhicum wrote:Not necessarily. There are many non-religious reasons why an irreligious person would disapprove of homosexuality.

There really aren't.
by Quokkastan
Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: And Germany Was Worried About Migrants...
Replies: 173
Views: 3892

Galloism wrote:
Sjovenia wrote:
Well back in the day it was normal because hey get married at 13 have kids by 15 and die by 28 (probably of dysentery).

Image

The "Oregon Trail" was really just a long brown line. True fact.
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: What's your MBTI type?
Replies: 87
Views: 1511

I think you missed the part where it tells you exactly what you expect to hear. So it's not, "a handy guideline for yourself and your place in the world." It's confirmation bias. If you want to see it that way fine, I don't and that's my right. But must I repeat that this isn't the point ...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: What's your MBTI type?
Replies: 87
Views: 1511

Haven't Myers-Briggs tests repeatedly been discredited? That they basically only confirm what the tester already thinks? They have a validity problem yes but I don't think you should discount mbti as a whole though. I see it as a handy guideline for yourself and your place in the world. But discuss...
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Cryptozoology Thread : The Foot is Big, so is Bigfoot
Replies: 96
Views: 2665

Image
by Quokkastan
Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:11 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: President of the world- a hypothetical.
Replies: 87
Views: 1464

Al Franken.
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads