NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 1781 matches

Return to advanced search

by Aggicificicerous
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:49 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Missionary killed after trying to convert isolated tribe
Replies: 1975
Views: 18412

It has always been one of, if not the life ambition to mine to be the conqueror of such a people. I hope to extract at least some loot or tribute in exchange for their freedom. There will never be another opportunity for anything similar to classic colonial imperialism to be done. If I don't take i...
by Aggicificicerous
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:53 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Should Weed be Legalized Recreationally
Replies: 96
Views: 1326

No it should stay illegal I love how after moving to the ROC (where drug laws are super strict) I no longer have to deal with the smell of drugs on the streets or near my home I like this zero tolerance policy towards drugs adopted in the east Seems to be working quite well, might be cultural but i...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:02 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

Your answer doesn't work because its based on the premise of a previous thread, not the premise of this thread In this thread, the Mafia Queen killed the Antihero and Annie won the war against the Allies. Its explicitly stated in the OP. If you said, "well I do X because I HOPE that in the fut...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:37 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

Playing the game is against your own interest. Once you are in the game, your interests are conditionally defined. You are either to find the best scenario within the game's parameters or you are to ignore those parameters... and, in which case, you cannot (by definition) find the best scenario (si...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

When people write words, they try, usually, to communicate. This generally requires coherence. Funny you should talk about coherence, so I'll say it again: I'm acting in my own interest. I believe your exact quote was "You are either not acting in your own interest or you've missed something v...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:24 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

(specifically the inability of one person to completely close off all ideas that other people have) This, of course, does not alter the fundamental reality of the situation... you are cheating. You have chosen to participate in an exercise where the sole point is that "creating the best possib...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

One can wheedle and whine and plead and whatever but the point remains: by trying to not stay permanently married to one woman exclusively, permanently kill another and have a brief fling with a third woman out of a defined set of three women. You can't, to make a movie reference, cut the wire... y...
by Aggicificicerous
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:19 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

Point of this thread isn’t: “how can I try to get 2 and 3 of the girls or kill all of them” This isn’t some exercise in rule lawyering That's where you're wrong. That may not have been the point you intended, but if you haven't noticed, most people want nothing to do with any of these women. When y...
by Aggicificicerous
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:56 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

Why do you find the Quebecois girl stereotypical? Haven't we had enough stories involving snobby French/Quebecois people? I kind of want to promote varied answers so I won’t point out the flaws with your answers. If you read the witch bio you’ll notice the facts are different. :) Oh, I read her bio...
by Aggicificicerous
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical Involving Three
Replies: 207
Views: 2359

This should be entertaining. I kill the mafia queen. She's the type to die a nasty death anyway. I marry the genocidal witch queen. She's about to be either executed or thrown in jail, after her powers are drained, and that means I'll be rid of her soon enough. For the marriage, you are not allowed ...
by Aggicificicerous
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: USA failed policies in Latin/South America
Replies: 258
Views: 2633

As a Hispanic Latin American in the context of this scenario we could govern Hispanic Latin America democratically with ethnic Hispanic USA Americans and thier families in Hispanic Latin America, and make those nations similar to the USA economically, politically and socially, with all our bad and ...
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:28 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: The idea of morality
Replies: 152
Views: 1855

To add to what Page just said, the UN is a little under 75 years old. Are you saying those inalienable, universal rights only came into existence with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948? League of Nations. Even more tenuous, especially considering the League of Nations had nothing ak...
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: The idea of morality
Replies: 152
Views: 1855

I don't follow your reasoning. Human rights exist because humans thought about them; they are laws because humans codified them. There is no universality required. What you describe are not human rights as defined by the UN, for the rights you talk about are not inalienable. There is universality r...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: The idea of morality
Replies: 152
Views: 1855

Human "rights" exist insofar as humans thought about them, that much is true. As concepts, they also exist in the language of the law — and of course, that's also true. But if you're saying that the idea is operating outside the purview of a universal morality, then the idea becomes devoi...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:02 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: The idea of morality
Replies: 152
Views: 1855

As soon as you admit any concept of human rights, you admit the concept of an universal morality. Otherwise you would be led to conclude, that if slavery has economic benefits it should be allowed, which is false. I don't follow your reasoning. Human rights exist because humans thought about them; ...
by Aggicificicerous
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: China Legalizes Re-Education Camps
Replies: 186
Views: 2338

Bullshit Re-education camps can´t be done right. You can´t just lock people away and force them to believe something even if you use physical force. So even if these camps were complete violations of human rights which lets be honest they probably they would be they would still be a waste of time a...
by Aggicificicerous
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Party Gone South Scenario
Replies: 189
Views: 2124

The following hypothetical scenario invites a number of moral considerations and various courses of action to be considered; it’s a bit long-winded but I guarantee you there is a very serious discussion point at the end of it all... That was an absurd, over-dramatic mess. I don't know why the girl'...
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

Genivaria wrote:
Aggicificicerous wrote:
That sounds suspiciously like secularism.

It's bizarre isn't it?


I'm certainly confused.
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

You can still follow Allah. You just can't force other people to follow Allah. Sounds fine to me. Stupid idea, as has already been made clear. Anyone can simple claim to be non religious and get out of religious law. The idea is that other people won't be forced to follow anything they don't want t...
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

It forces me to disobey Allah SWT, which is a big deal for religious people. You can still follow Allah. You just can't force other people to follow Allah. Sounds fine to me. https://www.nationstates.net/nation=el-amin_caliphate/detail=factbook/id=677140 Stupid idea, as has already been made clear....
by Aggicificicerous
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

Just like you're forcing them to follow secularism. Wow, you sure love to parrot that phrase. It almost makes me think you dislike secularism. How does secularism hurt you? I can think of lots of examples of how a theocracy would repress my rights, but not a secular government. At least not by virt...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:39 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

Geneviev wrote:
Aggicificicerous wrote:
Which is ridiculous, because anyone who gets into trouble with the law can just claim to not be religious.

They would still have to follow secular law.


Thus rendering religious law irrelevant.
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

So are we back to this oversimplification with labels now? So which version of Christianity shall you be forcing on people against their will? Precisely no religion will be forced on anyone against their will. Which is ridiculous, because anyone who gets into trouble with the law can just claim to ...
by Aggicificicerous
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

Geneviev wrote:
Dahon wrote:
Those who feel like they should obey the laws of their chosen deity can do so. No reason to compel others who don't feel like it to go along with it.

The problem is that a lot of people don't follow their religion.


That's their business.
by Aggicificicerous
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:22 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Irish Blasphemy Referendum 2018
Replies: 455
Views: 6742

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Enforced, not forced. And only if they adhere to a religion. Note how I say "a" and not "my".


Judge: How do you plead against the charges of blasphemy?
Person: Not religious.


Great law.
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads