NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 833 matches

Return to advanced search

by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: The World Assembly Strangers' Bar
Replies: 6029
Views: 219572

It had been awhile, but the good but unwholesome Senator once again returned to the Stranger's bar with two rather fetching Thessadorian Catgirls accompaning him. As the catgirls settled at a table, Sulla went up to the bar to order the drinks. "Jimmy, my boy. A Wild Turkey on the Rocks and tw...
by Bears Armed Mission
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:50 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Merni wrote:Does a repeal need an operative clause?
The one that the game adds automatically is considered enough.
by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:55 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**
Replies: 6539
Views: 1273916

[box] #1296 Once Upon a Time The Issue On the night before Maxxmas, and the day of as well, national headlines had a story to tell. Between North and South Palisade, the endless war grew dire, but — for a couple of days — the two sides ceased fire. On the land that a mere day ago had been shelled, ...
by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:04 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] Commend Grays Harbor
Replies: 74
Views: 4841

Full Support.
by Bears Armed Mission
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

General Assembly Proposal ID: cape_flower_1568721823 CHILD ABANDONMENT ACT A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights. Category: Civil Rights Strength: Mild Proposed by: Cape Flower CHILD ABANDONMENT ACT I hereby propose for a global act to safe guard children who are by law abandoned...
by Bears Armed Mission
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Araraukar wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:And wrong category

True, looks more like GD, Mild.

Agreed.
by Bears Armed Mission
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Agreed. It's not a very good argument, but it's probably just about enough for legality. I disagree, but... eh. "We" is still branding, though. So illegal even if you think there's a non-NatSov, non-HM argument amongst the thistles. I think that I'm going to agree about the Branding. Repe...
by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:20 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: General Assembly Q&A
Replies: 3164
Views: 304737

(Now, of course, there are exceptions -- the chief example is the whole "six-to-one ratio" brought up by NAPA and, more recently, Morover.) Though if using that, expect it to be challenged as faulty reasoning. :P (Not the least because it's an unreal statistic and more nations would be in...
by Bears Armed Mission
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**
Replies: 6539
Views: 1273916

NO. 1235 Good Guy With a Gun The Issue A gunman took to the mall and shot dead three people before a nearby coffee shop waitress dispatched him with five rounds from her automatic pistol. Unfortunately, as she stood over him gun in hand, a mall security guard thought she was the threat and took her...
by Bears Armed Mission
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] World Assembly Justice Accord
Replies: 171
Views: 8254

Kenmoria wrote:
Bears Armed Mission wrote:OOC
"But them doing that hurts my feelings! I'm being oppressed by them!"
:roll:

Would that be a good-faith interpretation though?)
OOC
Deciding that would be a question for these WA courts, when they decide whether to hear the cases.
by Bears Armed Mission
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] World Assembly Justice Accord
Replies: 171
Views: 8254

Declares that any entity within the jurisdiction of any member state may bring charges against any other entity within the jurisdiction of any member state for damages done to them which violate the terms of extant World Assembly law, to the extent that such legal action does not contradict the man...
by Bears Armed Mission
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:57 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] World Assembly Justice Accord
Replies: 171
Views: 8254

OOC: Voted against because this proposal continues the ridiculous notion that compliance can somehow be enforced via resolutions (rather than it being enforced via simply being in the WA). Also in IC Araraukar would be against anything letting any court try any Araraukarians in absentia for any rea...
by Bears Armed Mission
Thu May 09, 2019 6:40 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: [DRAFT] ‘Freedom of Assembly and Association’
Replies: 56
Views: 4250

OOC
I probably should have made the above post using this nation.
Anyway, as usual for the proposals that I submit, Bears Armed proper -- despite not itself being in the WA -- will comply fully with this proposed legislation.
by Bears Armed Mission
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:16 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.
Replies: 951
Views: 22116

I want to point out that while the sources don't exactly pin the anti-vaxxers as the cause or the blame of this outbreak... I like to speculate that it might be them. I mean, measles is more or less under control in other countries, but it just so happens that California is having an outbreak possi...
by Bears Armed Mission
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Maowi wrote:
BlackLight Covenant wrote:Does that "our citizens" bit count as branding, by the way, or am I mistaken here?


I took it as a generic 'our', referring to the whole WA, but I could be wrong.

You're right. [one-sixth of GenSec]
by Bears Armed Mission
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:23 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [DRAFT]Cuy Bono?
Replies: 10
Views: 545

Though I appreciate the joke of Cuy and Bono, Cui Bono? in fact is the title of #720. That said, it would be rather hilarious to have two issues with such similar titles and one of them be off by a pun. :rofl: I'll wait for more feedback, hopefully from editors, on this point. My original working t...
by Bears Armed Mission
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes
Replies: 122
Views: 4875

"We have voted against this proposed resolution. "Apart from any doubts about whether this is truly a matter appropriate for international legislation, there is the simple fact that smoking tobacco has never been more than a verrry rare practice among urrs anyhows -- partly because most o...
by Bears Armed Mission
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Reinstate Marsupial Rights A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights. Category: Civil Rights Strength: Strong Proposed by: Imperator Seven As it is evident that many members of The East Pacific have begun stripping marsupials of their basic rights, Nations in The East Pacific are req...
by Bears Armed Mission
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Get rid of bail
Replies: 126
Views: 2641

Bail is a system of class warfare. Poor people who cant pay, stay in prison or have to go to bail bondsman and pay 10% or higher of the principle. This often creates situations where people cannot afford to pay back and go into deeper debt and poverty. A hundred thousand bail for a millionaire is n...
by Bears Armed Mission
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [SUBMITTED] How Common!
Replies: 37
Views: 1683

Fun things to know: Peat used to be a major fuel source for energy production in the USSR. http://mires-and-peat.net/media/map19/map_19_14.pdf Might be worth having an option that talks about digging up peat on an industrial scale to provide cheap electricity for the nation. Didn't I submit a separ...
by Bears Armed Mission
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 am
 
Forum: General Assembly
Topic: Illegal GA Proposals 2nd edition
Replies: 3261
Views: 174256

Arasi Luvasa wrote:PtEoI is technically not duplicated by it though.

Agreed.
by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 am
 
Forum: WA Archives
Topic: [PASSED] Debtor Voting Rights
Replies: 230
Views: 9643

" Bears Armed Mission has voted against the proposed resolution currently on the GA floor, 'Debtor Voting Rights', on the basis that it is unreasonable for the GA to tell its democratic members how to manage their elections while its many non- democratic members -- who would be unaffected by t...
by Bears Armed Mission
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 am
 
Forum: Security Council
Topic: Illegal SC proposals - post them here
Replies: 2564
Views: 193768

"Tag raid" has always been legal, so by extension "tags" should be legal as well. It would be legal under the legal/illegal terms rubric here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=3755837#terms Really> Okay, well, you're the expert. I just couldn't see how it would be ...
by Bears Armed Mission
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:38 am
 
Forum: Security Council
Topic: Illegal SC proposals - post them here
Replies: 2564
Views: 193768

ID: fort_cordosa_1546725798 Condemn The MT Army A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region. Category: Condemnation Nominee: The MT Army Proposed by: Fort Cordosa The Security Council, Acknowledging The MT Army has successfully fought fascism and as such has been commended by Sec...
by Bears Armed Mission
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 am
 
Forum: Got Issues?
Topic: [Proposal] Consensus
Replies: 11
Views: 650

Some of those people might only be cheerful because they think their side is gong to win the next election and kick @@LEADER@@ out of office...

Shouldn't the existing Political Apathy stat also figure into this somehow?
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads