NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 5133 matches

Return to advanced search

by Uiiop
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Jussie Smollet: or, How Narratives Unravel
Replies: 257
Views: 3559

I prefer going by what the spokesman says has been found rather than what two anonymous sources "With knowledge(This just sound weasel wordly tbh)" saying what the police department really believes . Things could change i'd admit but the sources are vague in identity and have no explanati...
by Uiiop
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:36 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: ISIS bride stripped of citizenship, banned from the UK
Replies: 402
Views: 4107

Fartsniffage wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.


You know, that was the same argument she used to justify the bombing of Manchester in 2017...

"But that wasn't really an eye" :roll:
Protip: Explain your moral argument rather than asserting your conclusions.
by Uiiop
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:33 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: ISIS bride stripped of citizenship, banned from the UK
Replies: 402
Views: 4107

I'd much prefer it if they allowed her back in so she could have an actual trial. All the gloating over here is a rather gross fetishization of retaliatory cruelty in lieu of actual justice. eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Vague descriptor that seems to ignore that the original context was again...
by Uiiop
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:07 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Jussie Smollet: or, How Narratives Unravel
Replies: 257
Views: 3559

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47249574 Looks like someone got the "Other source" they wanted. It's a shame that people these days can only respond with counter-jumping to conclusions but c'est la vie. That article is a little behind. Please read the most recent update to the OP. I pre...
by Uiiop
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:11 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Jussie Smollet: or, How Narratives Unravel
Replies: 257
Views: 3559

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47249574
Looks like someone got the "Other source" they wanted.
It's a shame that people these days can only respond with counter-jumping to conclusions but c'est la vie.
by Uiiop
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: LWDT VI: Kropotkin's Bread Dead Redemption.
Replies: 10442
Views: 115228

Cortez would be tolerable for me if it wasn't for the 70% tax rate bs. There should never be a time where there's ever a 70% tax rate in any form, that's just slavery at that point. While the actual policy may still have issues in your eyes it's apparently only that type of tax rate if 10 million w...
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: The Moderate/Centrist Discussion Thread
Replies: 38
Views: 684

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:How are Christian Democrats centrist?

Their economic positions and their ideologies relationships to their faith being secular enough to not be an issue is my guess.
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread VIII—Can't Let EU Go
Replies: 12039
Views: 157333

Umm, the flags are clearly not for Albania and clearly for anarchism and revolutionary socialism/communism. Are you next going to tell me that the Nazi flags is used white nationalists are “open to interpretation and claiming they are Nazi is groundless because they might be Falun Gong”. I mean com...
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread VIII—Can't Let EU Go
Replies: 12039
Views: 157333

It might not say anything but just saying "Propaganda! Dismissed!" ain't very good faith of you. Neither is pointing at flag symbolism and forming an idea of an collation on something that's open to interpretation. Like the former it doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong but your argument...
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread VIII—Can't Let EU Go
Replies: 12039
Views: 157333

Untrue. One propaganda piece says nothing. And look at the flags! Black flag for anarchism, red flag for communism and revolutionary socialism. It is of course a coalition of left anarchists and Marxists of varying stripes, none of which support a democratic state. Besides the only unifying ideolog...
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: What is your political ideology
Replies: 814
Views: 13968

No, because there are more important things to do. Winning an argument is not a part of the communist struggle. If people want to find out about communism, there are plenty of resources for that. "Winning an argument" is how you win people to your cause. Marx himself argued that it was th...
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

I should've clarified. It's not that it's silly. It's that the silly stuff that i've read in this thread sounds chatty. I certainly think we can be silly without said chattiness. That's what I meant too, sorry. We can have a Discord mayhaps for the chattiness? Senate used to have a IRC. Makes sense.
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

The spefic silly stuff sounds like a chat thread and Fourm 7 has only the official one allowed and no more IIRC. Then, we need to be more serious, so we can have fun with it while not having this be locked. I should've clarified. It's not that it's silly. It's that the silly stuff that i've read in...
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Filed the request.

Now for seriousness though, ending the poll early feels like...the obvious choice but...

Instead, let's discuss leader nominations.

They cannot be elected unless they volunteer.

I'd be the first. Just to see how far i can go.
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:56 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

While I love this, maybe we should split this thread into 2, the silly stuff for F7, the government stuff for NSG, just so this doesn't become locked. The spefic silly stuff sounds like a chat thread and Fourm 7 has only the official one allowed and no more IIRC. Maybe we should try to make this fi...
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:47 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

Are the pollsters aware that the OP installing himself as the dictator will have the power to revert things to whatever non-dictatorship he likes.
by Uiiop
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 pm
 
Forum: Forum 7
Topic: The Nation of NSG( LEADER NOMINATIONS NOW!)
Replies: 220
Views: 4545

Jolthig wrote:There was actually an NSG Senate for a while. I'm not sure what happened to it.

I remember that shit. Good times. Set my first character on fire. XD
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:06 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Photo of Governor of Virginia in Blackface Surfaces
Replies: 823
Views: 9956

Political convenience is not the same thing as evidence of fraud or a "Witch hunt" . You have as much evidence of the intent Lt. governor's accusers as people on the other side has for Trump and Kavanugh's . Yes it can be. Not really. Correlation /=/ causation and all jazz. Especially whe...
by Uiiop
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:53 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Photo of Governor of Virginia in Blackface Surfaces
Replies: 823
Views: 9956

And then there were two: https://www.yahoo.com/news/second-woman-accuses-virginia-lt-220810650.html The Westminster System's starting to look pretty attractive right about now... Blame metoo movement for this. This is looking more and more like a smear campaign. Just an attempt to force Democrats o...
by Uiiop
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:51 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Photo of Governor of Virginia in Blackface Surfaces
Replies: 823
Views: 9956

by Uiiop
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Unwashed men are racist.
Replies: 277
Views: 5763

While i'd doubt you can use race as a broad label of genre While A... art does depend among many other things on skin color. Then not-A . So, skin colour determines the products of one's intellect? That would be quite racist. If only because how society treats a person in the past and sadly now dep...
by Uiiop
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Unwashed men are racist.
Replies: 277
Views: 5763

He already acknowledged that if you bothered to read the article other than looking for gotchas. "The context of the photograph is not the issue." He knows they're coal miners m8 that's not the context at hand. That the author is wrong and made a stupid point but ya'll aren't actually add...
by Uiiop
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Unwashed men are racist.
Replies: 277
Views: 5763

Using the article's plural of anecdotes don't make em not plural of anecdotes. NPR is a better tact mind. Pity you seem to be using it to only address your strawman version of the author's point. That would probably be the first place i would go too. It is not a straw man. He thinks the photo of co...
by Uiiop
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:42 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Unwashed men are racist.
Replies: 277
Views: 5763

His friends said so and so did google. Looking at this NPR piece and comparing the pictures NPR used to the photo at the pub, you can clearly see the similarities of coal suit on there faces. NPR thought that similar pictures to the one at the pub where non racist. I'm trying to understand Friend's...
by Uiiop
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Unwashed men are racist.
Replies: 277
Views: 5763

Using the article's plural of anecdotes don't make em not plural of anecdotes. NPR is a better tact mind. Pity you seem to be using it to only address your strawman version of the author's point. That would probably be the first place i would go too. You could go to Google images and search on coal...
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads