NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 21715 matches

Return to advanced search

by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread XIII: The Brexit Ship Departs
Replies: 11625
Views: 175925

The funeral procession won't be happening, I believe, because of the pandemic. Don't want people lining the streets. It won't be a state funeral because, as you say, Philip just didn't want one. He also doesn't qualify for one. The Queens Consort only qualifies for a ceremonial funeral. The differe...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

Otoh, his family was mostly nazis (or married to nazis) and he himself got along splendidly with Hitler, saluting him numerous times in the wellknown manner. But yes. He did good things as well. Nobody is denying that The fact that he had the opportunity to be a Nazi yet still didn't is if anything...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

He was a good man, but the liberals are trying to attack his memory calling him a racist The prince fought LITERAL NAZIS, unlike the antifa terrorists who fight people who love freedom Otoh, his family was mostly nazis (or married to nazis) and he himself got along splendidly with Hitler, saluting ...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:44 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

So because you lightly tugged on one thread the whole carpet unravels by magic? I said it earlier in the thread, but it seems a weird double standard to me that people have been all over the internet shitting on Prince Philip for making a few off-color jokes, but I've seen nothing but praise for DM...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

The Blaatschapen wrote:I like prince Philip. He shows that immigrants from a war torn continent can become beloved by the local populace.


You like the idea of an 18 year old boy romancing his 13 year old "niece" ;) ?
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: UK Politics Thread XIII: The Brexit Ship Departs
Replies: 11625
Views: 175925

So, where was the Met enforcing COVID rules against the vigil outside Buckingham Palace like they did in Clapham? I guess royalism was more important than safety. The UK government clearly does not "listen to the science" when making political decisions. I wonder if HIS funeral will be li...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:47 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: American Politics Thread V: May the Media Cry
Replies: 847
Views: 12756

San Lumen wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Many police departments deserve to be defunded. They've proven they cannot do their job right and when you can't do your job right, you lose money.

Then use the term reallocate or budget reduction. It would sell better.


"We will hire more experts and create more jobs".
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:45 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Coronavirus Thread VI: Are We Nearly There Yet? (READ OP)
Replies: 1569
Views: 23252

You have a virus that spreads when people are gathered in large numbers, so the German government wants to implement a curfew from 9PM - 5AM when FAR FEWER PEOPLE ARE OUTSIDE. Brilliant work, geniuses, go arrest the guy out for a walk at 2AM all by himself who can't spread the virus to anyone cause...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: American Politics Thread V: May the Media Cry
Replies: 847
Views: 12756

Messaging is essential. Defund turns people off. If you messaged it as reform you’d get more people on board. Again, people started talking about defunding the police because they wanted the police defunded. Most actually want the funds to be used differently. Defunding is accurate, yes - but so is...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:39 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

People should not be above criticism simply because they happen to be no longer alive, and the fact of the matter is that this man was a hidebound reactionary with some extraordinarily repulsive stances. Nations have a natural tendency to glorify their histories and their leaders, but this never so...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:32 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

This is for you, Ethel.... ( Image ) And I was hesitant of posting meme like this because I thought it'd be too close to no gloating rule. :lol2: The Ollie Jones tweet is so much worse ;) To quote: When the royal family said they were gonna be less racist I didn't expect them to take su...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:19 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

Is anyone else getting bored of the way his war service keeps being used as a cudgel to shut down discussion of the various racist and sexist things he's said over the years? You know what else is tiring? Applying 2021 mores to people born in 1921 and then keep doing it for most of 29 pages. Surpri...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:18 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

Is anyone else getting bored of the way his war service keeps being used as a cudgel to shut down discussion of the various racist and sexist things he's said over the years? Prince Philip had controversial opinions. He put his foot in his mouth on a number of occasions. But there is such a thing a...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

His death signifies the end of an era. He and the Queen have lived and performed their duties for a long long time and they now deserve to die in peace. And regarding all the toxicity that I can see in this thread, this man served in World War II and even saw fucking action, atleast respect him for...
by The Alma Mater
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

His death signifies the end of an era. He and the Queen have lived and performed their duties for a long long time and they now deserve to die in peace. And regarding all the toxicity that I can see in this thread, this man served in World War II and even saw fucking action, atleast respect him for...
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:30 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

TL; DR, is a conspiracy theory closely related to QAnon and the pile about a certain mind-altering drug used by the elites for recreational purpose or something. Apparently this drug is said to be extracted from living people, probably children, acquired from human trafficking etc. Though, I'm not ...
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:16 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

The Novakian Empire wrote:
Nutbush City Limits wrote:DMX too???

Yeah. Rough day.


Admittedly it would have been poetic if Philip had died yesterday. Then he would have shared the date with Thatcher.
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I think we've found a new rule of the Internet/NSG: It will always, always turn into a discussion about race.


Well, when a man who is most famous for making sexist and racist jokes dies it is to be expected...
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:02 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Prince Philip dies at age 99
Replies: 873
Views: 13524

Ethel mermania wrote:So how long do I have to wait,
to ask the queen out on a date?


8 days. Then her period of mourning ends.
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Bans Hijabs for Under 18s
Replies: 1333
Views: 15844

And the risk level is not linked to Muslim presence You mean it is not always or exclusively linked to muslim presence - which is true. Jews themselves however DO cite harrasment by muslims as the main reason to move or even emigrate. And speaking for the Netherlands (different country, I know) - o...
by The Alma Mater
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Bans Hijabs for Under 18s
Replies: 1333
Views: 15844

Sorry but that doesn't make much sense, but from what I understand it's actually the opposite of "no-go zones". Alleged "no-go zones" are supposed zones where white "native" French can't go without being in danger. What would you call an area where a normal white Frenc...
by The Alma Mater
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:21 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: France Bans Hijabs for Under 18s
Replies: 1333
Views: 15844

So what's the taxonomy for these various species of human? Its similar to how you have different breeds of cats or elephants. Subspecies exist in the world. Calling the human race one race is stupid because everyone has their own genetic code and phenotype which derive from different humans who hav...
by The Alma Mater
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Coronavirus Thread VI: Are We Nearly There Yet? (READ OP)
Replies: 1569
Views: 23252

...... Ugh. 99% survival rate and exaggerated numbers. A 99% survival rate means 1 in 100 people who contract it die. Currently we are attempting to avoid people getting it. If you are not going to prevent that that means that in a country of 300 million people, 3 million people would die. That is ...
by The Alma Mater
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:42 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Trial of Derek Chauvin
Replies: 855
Views: 19474

Were they not cops in training, with Chauvin their teacher ? Two of them were rookies. And I’m unsure what your point is. The point is that it is unrealistic to expect that two rookies will stop their teacher from doing something. But I’m sure there were better ways to have deescalated that situati...
by The Alma Mater
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Trial of Derek Chauvin
Replies: 855
Views: 19474

Zurkir wrote:..

Chauvin’s fellow officers should’ve stopped him or made it clear he needed to ease up, and they didn’t. That’s negligence on their part.


Were they not cops in training, with Chauvin their teacher ?
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads