NATION

PASSWORD

Search found 14344 matches

Return to advanced search

by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:17 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

The r/ChapoTrapHouse ban was probably legitimate, if we abided by a strict interpretation of Reddit rules. I actually didn't even know that was a sub, and don't know based on the name what it was about. It's a sub ostensibly dedicated to the Chapo Trap House podcast. The podcast is a bunch of Brook...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Viva la Chaz! Seattle's Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ)
Replies: 988
Views: 17147

Let me clarify myself: I wonder how that number compares to the month of June in 2019 or 2018. Ah. Well that I don't know. Neither do I. I'm also not sure that data which breaks crime down over time on a neighborhood basis is readily available to the public. Would probably have to dig through old p...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:21 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Viva la Chaz! Seattle's Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ)
Replies: 988
Views: 17147

I would be curious to know the number of shooting incidents this area has averaged in the past over a one month span. My understanding is that there's been three shootings in the CHAZ and one nearby that is also being blamed on the CHAZ for some reason. Let me clarify myself: I wonder how that numb...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:05 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Viva la Chaz! Seattle's Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ)
Replies: 988
Views: 17147

I would be curious to know the number of shooting incidents this area has averaged in the past over a one month span.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

There actually are specific examples of trans women who have assaulted natal women in women-only spaces, The plural of anecdote is not data. However, we are digressing into a discussion of transgenderism when this topic is about reddit "censoring" certain subreddits. To get back to the to...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: How to Organise Bookshelves
Replies: 90
Views: 1214

For me personally, it's a mixture of the size of the book itself and the topic. I would prefer to arrange just by topic, but I don't have shelves that are tall enough to do that.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

If you are fighting for women's liberation, and your definition of the oppressed class at issue, "women", is based on biological sex, then yeah, trans women aren't biologically-female, and therefore not "women" in the eyes of a women's liberation movement based around biological...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8533
Views: 103772

The Emerald Legion wrote:If it's not a crime, why does it matter?

Why does what not matter? The fact that there are right wing groups infiltrating law enforcement agencies? I would say that matters quite a bit even if it isn't a crime per se.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

I dunno about "hysterical and radical crime activists", but we've had a lot of (tbh, kinda of unhinged) complaints about calling police on minorities for literally any reason - even when the individual in question is committing a crime in plain sight. Ah, I think I understand. That's more...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Purgatio wrote:
Gravlen wrote:This sounds like blaming people who report crime for the level of crime.


What crime? Literally, what crime? Radical feminism is apparently a thought-crime now?

It's a simile.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

That's just lazy administration. Kind of like the amount of old rps that the mods on this site have ruined by deleting all the posts from a DoS member. How many posts are you willing to comb through to find instances of rule breaking? 100? 1,000? 100k? Ideally the admins would just remove the probl...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Surely then the answer, as you say, is to block the people responsible? You know, rather than ban the group where those people and others post. My understanding was that the moderators of those very subs participated in the rule breaking or at least turned a blind eye to it. At some point the rule ...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Toshavo III wrote:Being anti-trans isn't criminal. Call me homophobic, sure, but being anti-anything should not be dangerous.

Nobody has been punished as criminals.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

The point of subreddits is to build contrary online communities, with internal moderation. Yes, you might not be able to debate directly on r/The_Donald, same as any other subreddit which tends to have their own internal moderation rules (as they are permitted to do), but other, non-right-wing subr...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Free speech isn't only about governmental censorship to the exclusion of actions of private companies. I'm using the J S Mills conception of 'freedom of speech', which goes beyond legal or governmental regulations on speech, but also talks about more subtler social and cultural pressures that place...
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Nobody is stopping them from making their own websites. Hell, stormfront still exists.

Most of the subreddits that were banned wouldn't exactly be welcome on stormfront.

Then perhaps they should make their own forum?
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Reddit Starts One-Sided Censorship
Replies: 704
Views: 9225

Purgatio wrote:
Nation Of Hats wrote:imagine crying about reddit’s new policies


Imagine being this apathetic about free speech

Nobody is stopping them from making their own websites. Hell, stormfront still exists.
by United Dependencies
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:32 am
 
Forum: General
Topic: Viva la Chaz! Seattle's Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ)
Replies: 988
Views: 17147

Yeah? I guess we'll find out when the shooters are brought to trial. Likely wont happen little evidence was gathered and Chaz's security appears to have destroyed evidence either from incompetence or intentionally. Maybe they should create a body with the training and know how to preserve evidence ...
by United Dependencies
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:43 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: US Anti-Police Protests and Riots Thread II
Replies: 8533
Views: 103772

I expected more disscusion and reports here NSG about the CHAZ, although only now i'm putting my eye here tbh. It's a rather interesting experiment/result of these protests/riots. For example, right now there Raz Simone taking the lead in the security there, becoming the new "police" on t...
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 4:32 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

As I said before: I'll listen to the chiefs and other officers condemning this as soon as they go through the files of their ranks and start firing people who have clearly displayed patterns of activity. I'll listen to them condemning this when they don't weasel out of receiving complaints and actu...
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 4:30 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

Come and chill in the UK for a few weeks during summer next year. Why? Little police militarisation. *Most cops are unarmed, with neither gun or taser. (Though, thankfully, the latter’s changing) *Even when there are knife/gun incidents, usually, the counter-terrorism gang™️ aren’t called it. Just ...
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

Knee on the neck? I could see knee on the back, but not on the neck. LaQuan Mcdonald's killer shot him 13 times in the damn back on video and they gave him like a couple years. Believe me, cops are given alot of wiggle room. Van Dyke was found guilty of second-degree murder, as well as 16 counts of...
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

Fartsniffage wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:I doubt he’ll be acquitted, there is no loophole in any police department that allows you to put your knee on an unarmed man’s neck


There is in the US. It's considered an accepted form of restraint if trained and done right.

Knee on the neck? I could see knee on the back, but not on the neck.
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 1:29 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

Nor can you say he definitively did. There is no real evidence he intended to kill Chauvin, only that he acted with reckless disregard for his life. If they charged him with Second Degree Murder, he would have not been convicted, correctly mind you, because there is no evidence of intent. Charging ...
by United Dependencies
Fri May 29, 2020 1:26 pm
 
Forum: General
Topic: America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man
Replies: 12507
Views: 109498

Frankly, I hope the protestors push for actions (legislative or otherwise) to break the power of the police union.
Next

Advertisement

Return to advanced search

Advertisement

Remove ads