NATION

PASSWORD

The Coalition of National Sovereignty Regional Page [OPEN]

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
CNS Forum Admin
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Coalition of National Sovereignty Regional Page [OPEN]

Postby CNS Forum Admin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

From one, many.

The Coalition of National Sovereignty

You are on the regional forum page, which is strictly OOC. Anyone is allowed here, and all forms of discussion are allowed. Please read the rules before posting.

Who Are We?
The Coalition of National Sovereignty is a small, growing region dedicated to protecting and promoting the belief of National Sovereignty, the idea that a nation should manage it's own affairs without outside influence. That being said, we are obviously opposed to the World Assembly, supranational organizations, and any other group that interferes significantly with it's own members or other nations. We are unique in that all laws and announcements passed by our region can be rejected or ignored by any member of the region, effectively limiting the power of the government in the interest of democracy. There are special cases when this does not apply, for example, when enforcing NS rules, but the general concept is that, as a member of the Coalition, you are free to do as you want. We are also very open to building relations with other regions, as long as they do not oppose our ideals directly or interfere with our affairs. More information can be found on the Embassy Exchange page, linked above.

What To Do?
Like any functioning region, there are various offices and positions you can hold to help build the region. There are four key departments which a Coalitionist can join.

The Coalition Soviet:
Current Officer: Aphairia

This is the legislative body of the Coalition, of the people, for the people, and by the people. All members participate, voting on issues and referendums directly. The Lord Magistrate is the head of the Soviet, and is in charge of maintaining the Coalition's rules and laws, mediating debates, and keeping records of meetings. Besides making laws, the Coalition Soviet can declare states of emergency, officially break ties with allied regions, and officially declare war or condemn enemy regions.

The Antipeacekeepers:
Current Officer: New Imperial Scandinavia

An elite group of raiders, the Antipeacekeepers make up the army of the Coalition. Modeled after other regional armies, but with a raiding-oriented focus, Antipeacekeepers mainly carry out raids and monitor the region to make sure the Coalition stays free of spammers, flamers, and Invaders. There is also an Intelligence branch, who gather information about targets to assist raids on enemy regions and help keep tabs on allies and enemies alike. The Commissar of War, the head of the Antipeacekeepers, coordinate raids and intelligence gathering, as well as appoint officers from the ranks of the enlisted Antipeacekeepers.

Interior Affairs:
Current Officer: Siberian Deadzone

The men and women of Interior Affairs manage the day to day affairs of the Coalition. Members of Interior Affairs dutifully publish factbooks, announcements, dispatches, and more to keep the members of the Coalition informed and up to date. They also police the Regional Message Board, create polls, and manage all the other aspects of the Coalition to ensure it operates smoothly. The head of Interior Affairs, the Commissar of the Interior, acts as an editor, reviewing written material and approving them for publication.

Ambassador's Corps
Current Officer: Lancaster County

The Ambassador's Corps focuses on spreading the message of National Sovereignty and building relations with other like minded and friendly regions. Ambassadors take care of Embassy building, maintain liaisons with other allied regions, write press releases to the wider NationStates world, and publish other announcements to outsiders. The head of the Corps, the Commissar of the Exterior, manages official communications between regions, and reviews other written material for publication.

How To Join?
Simply move to our region, say hi, and we'll get you started!

Rules
  • NS rules must be followed.
  • No IC discussion.
  • No baiting/flaming.
  • No explicit/mature discussion, keep it PG-13.
  • No overly large walls of texts/images. Spoiler them please.
  • My word is final.
  • Most importantly, relax :D, it's a chat thread.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:10 am

Topic moved to Gameplay forum.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:46 am

Is this a recruitment thread or just for regional chat?

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:26 pm

So you are Anti-WA but have a WA-Delegate, interesting.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Pergamon wrote:So you are Anti-WA but have a WA-Delegate, interesting.

Speaking of which, a gem from the regional factbook:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=725009 wrote:Anti-Peacekeepers are named for there opposition to WA forces (WA Peacekeepers).

GA#2 prohibits WA Peacekeepers, although some will contest this.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Pergamon wrote:So you are Anti-WA but have a WA-Delegate, interesting.

Speaking of which, a gem from the regional factbook:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=725009 wrote:Anti-Peacekeepers are named for there opposition to WA forces (WA Peacekeepers).

GA#2 prohibits WA Peacekeepers, although some will contest this.

It could also be an indication that they will oppose any attempt to create some.

Regardless, you have an interesting looking region there.
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

Peter
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 pm

While I don't like the "Soviet" reference, and wouldn't be involved in anything flirting with communism/nazism, the Antipeacekeepers is an awesome name and idea. I've had an idea for a while now it'd be refreshing to put a new entrant into R/D that operates on the philosophy that violating regional sovereignty is justified if the region frequently uses its delegate position to violate all of our national sovereignty. In more simple terms, targeting folks that vote yes on stuff other than repeals, or covertly supporting natives with high endorsements that want to become delegate if they'll agree to use the seat for NatSov.

I've also had this dream op in my mind of using "tag-like" raids to upset a close vote in the WA, by finding regions with delegates who have supported the resolution at vote but have someone in the region who voted against it 3-4 endorsements behind them. If you hit their region the update prior to the vote ending and put the other native in the delegate seat temporarily you could pull all the extra delegate votes for a resolution away and add some (the native endos) against. You'd only be able to move the needle 5, 10, 15 votes at a time but if there were enough suitable targets spaced evenly enough through the update you could conceivably manipulate the results of a close vote. That'd be HUGE if anyone could ever pull it off.

Anywho, good luck, just thought I'd share some ideas.

Greater Argentine Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Argentine Republics » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:38 pm

Peter wrote:While I don't like the "Soviet" reference, and wouldn't be involved in anything flirting with communism/nazism, the Antipeacekeepers is an awesome name and idea. I've had an idea for a while now it'd be refreshing to put a new entrant into R/D that operates on the philosophy that violating regional sovereignty is justified if the region frequently uses its delegate position to violate all of our national sovereignty. In more simple terms, targeting folks that vote yes on stuff other than repeals, or covertly supporting natives with high endorsements that want to become delegate if they'll agree to use the seat for NatSov.

I've also had this dream op in my mind of using "tag-like" raids to upset a close vote in the WA, by finding regions with delegates who have supported the resolution at vote but have someone in the region who voted against it 3-4 endorsements behind them. If you hit their region the update prior to the vote ending and put the other native in the delegate seat temporarily you could pull all the extra delegate votes for a resolution away and add some (the native endos) against. You'd only be able to move the needle 5, 10, 15 votes at a time but if there were enough suitable targets spaced evenly enough through the update you could conceivably manipulate the results of a close vote. That'd be HUGE if anyone could ever pull it off.

Anywho, good luck, just thought I'd share some ideas.

Soviet, to put it briefly, means council. 'Coalition Council' sounds silly.

Regarding other things, we need people like you. I'd love for you to join!
The Coalition of Naitonal Sovereignty

Regional Link || Regional Factbook || Regional Forum Page

My Factbook

If you support capitalism put (-_Q) in your signature

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Greater Argentine Republics wrote:
Soviet, to put it briefly, means council. 'Coalition Council' sounds silly.

Council Union sounds silly too :p
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay