NATION

PASSWORD

Transcendent: Season One - Magnitude 11 [OOC/Sign-ups/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Transcendent: Season One - Magnitude 11 [OOC/Sign-ups/Open]

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:15 pm

TRANSCENDENT
A Modern Roleplay with Many Opportunities

”There are beings in this world capable not just of infiltrating their enemies while being identified as another individuals, but of razing entire cities, and absorbing the power of a nation’s entire power grid in mere moments. Many of them are innocent, yes, but there are also a few with great power who are less than innocent, and a few with equally great power that will do anything to defend the innocent. These beings are called Transcendents - evolved humans with unnatural abilities that have been believed to be a variety of supernatural creatures and deities over the many millennia, though most are pretty ‘normal’ compared to those that could be mistaken for flying orbs of light.

They pose a danger to modern society, but have just as much to offer to us, as well. Advances in medicine that decimate diseases, the eradication of famine, the elimination of natural disasters - all of these are possible. However, so too is it possible for diseases to be used to create an army of great power, so too is it possible for the eradication of famine to turn into the extinction of all major food crops, and so too is it possible for one to turn nature against mankind and its many cultures.

It is my official request to this summit of all 195 internationally recognized nationstates, and the country of Taiwan, that we postpone any multinational action against this new race until we know want to do. We have our task forces, our rating systems, and have equipped our police with the methods to handle many of these so-called Transcendents, which is more than enough at the moment, and the United States, as such, will not pass any legislature on them to show our dedication to patience, while providing the methods to defend against most of these threats to any nation that seeks them out, even our enemies. For now, patience is a virtue - it would be foolish to declare war on an entire species that, by their very definition, one we’ve all agreed upon, are superior to humans.” United States President Tyler Maxwell.

What is Transcendent?:

Transcendent is a roleplay, but not just a roleplay. In Transcendent, the world is dynamic, influenced by the actions of characters and the writers. It is a multi-seasonal roleplay that will span the globe, and, perhaps, take place across different time periods.

In Transcendent there is a branch of the human race that has existed for as long as anyone can remember, and can come in a wide variety of forms ranging from pixies to people who are 9 feet tall. The stranger varieties are rarer, obviously, or they would have been identified by the public sooner, but they still exist, and have become a foundation for dozens of cultures as gods, goblins, and ghouls. These beings have given the roleplay its name, and have been officially deemed Transcendents, by the species itself. You can either be these beings, or a human being as long as it fits the seasonal plot, and goes along with the world.

I will help to guide the plot of this world, but will not force anything, as it is as much yours to mold as it is mine. We all share the power to create something, to advance the plot, to see what happens. How we get to the end of the plot isn’t the only thing we’re writing for, because what the end of the plot will be is also up to you. I hope not only for the Transcendents to be as varied as the world’s many cultures, but also for it to be an epic, for the roleplay itself to be as transcendent as the Gods some metahumans are. This canvas is for our enjoyment.

This world is as rich in culture as the next one, and is occupied by mankind, but also by an off-shoot known to some as metahumans, and to others as Transcendents, or “those one freaks that turned my potato crop into stone”. This world is as complex as ours, too, perhaps more so, since the public knows about metahumans and has feelings ranging from adoration, to obsession, to hate, and, yes, even not giving a damn. Like our world, it isn’t made up of blacks and whites like those silly comic books that I love despite their serious issues with plotting and ridiculous heroes with nice legs that wear red go-go boots, for it is made up of more grays than there are on my mother’s head (which is a lot, if she doesn’t dye it).

Your characters are extensions of yourself, molded to this world. Follow the rules, and this will hopefully be one of the best experiences that you have on NationStates. I hope for this roleplay to become a P2TM darling, fully outfitted with everything from a Wikia, to a nice cast of characters in the future.

Most of all, I want us to have fun. That’s what Transcendent is for.

What is Season One?:

Season One of Transcendent will hopefully be successful, introducing Transcendent to NationStates’ P2TM, and concluding with whatever conclusion we arrive at when we get there, but it is a plot that has many options for development. Now, I don’t always make plots that are influenced heavily by a specific character, and, when I do, I can assure you that there is more to it than that specific character, but I wanted to have a world-shocking series of events that catapult Transcendent into success. Future plots might have a focus on organizations (I promise I will try to avoid superhuman academy plots, xD), or even events themselves, or may be continuations of a previous season, but for Season One I wanted something special.

The year may be 2016, and the month may be the last, but Season One has its start far before this year, and actually before the concept of currency, and, aye, probably before any recognizable form of culture, but we’ll get into that in the in-character. The series of events that lead up to Season One start in the year of 1968, when Jeremie le D’Aboville (play-by: see Mitch Hewer) was thrust into the international spotlight after a highly successful expansion of his company outside of France, primarily into America. Oddly, his facial structure was extremely similar to images of Charlemagne, Dionysus and Bacchus, and several other historical figures, most of which contributed to shaping entire cultures and future world events, which the public was kindly notified of by a Yale University student majoring in anthropology, and minoring in European history.

The events are a bit clouded, and many sources are vague despite the huge importance of the event, mostly due to manipulation of everything around Jeremie by the powerful immortal, but by 1970, Jeremie le D’Aboville had managed to reveal Transcendents to the globe as other nations watched with curiosity, manipulating or eliminating those who posed a threat of escalating things to the point of a war of extermination. There would always be bigots who hated the Transcendents, but they became an officially recognized as a species by 1973, being given the name Homo Sapiens Dei, or man wise divine, a reference to the beliefs of many in the past that they were Gods, much to the disappointment of anti-metahumans. Throughout these events, Epique, the company founded by Jeremie, slowly acquired more power, covertly building up bases of power in nearly every major city that it became functional in, with Jeremie indulging in everything from legitimate business avenues like fashion, or typewriter production, to darker lanes such as human trafficking.

With Epique’s diversification, it quickly became the largest and most valuable company in the world, now being on par in size with Apple and Google only because Epique created a corporate group made up of four companies with values exceeding $250 billion by separating major components, thus lowering Epique's direct value to the level of Apple and Google. Epique possesses unparalleled political influence, and has managed to build up a secret task force of Transcendents that serve it, as well as publicly sponsored ‘superheroes’ that wear Epique’s logo. Behind the scenes of a company currently making technology that seems to be out of a science fiction novel are the vile things it does, including the practice of breeding Transcendents, making use of eugenics, and violating ethics in regards to genetic modification during the process.

Major rivals of Epique in numerous fields have suddenly gone under, or the people who opposed the purchase of these rivals have mysteriously died or disappeared. There is a pattern, but what the pattern says is so unbelievable that you only hear about it in conspiracy theory circles, and the media not under control of or being influenced by Epique refuses to report on it. This isn’t limited to corporate opponents, however, as political opponents and any anti-metahuman voices strong enough to implement actual change have been eliminated, with major players in world politics often being coerced by Epique or even Jeremie himself.

Still, Epique could not stop the seeds of hatred or fear, or even stop the conspiracy theory circles from spreading what they ‘knew’. That would have consequences down the road.

The world knows that Jeremie is old, but they don’t know everything, certainly far from everything. In fact, barely anyone knows about what Epique or Jeremie have done, or who they really are outside of legitimate business. That, and his abilities, are part of why he’s so dangerous. Jeremie has existed for approximately 160,000 years, and is almost certainly the oldest being currently alive. Additionally, he helped to create the rating system for metahumans named after him, including the theoretical Magnitude 11 Transcendent, but he refused to make people aware that he himself was a Magnitude 11, a being of immense power, posing a threat to the world.

Technology exists that can imprison and even kill Jeremie - though bullets will do the job if you manage to shoot him without the man using a certain something to enhance himself - and 7 years ago a group of “radicals” who knew of Jeremie’s true, dark nature attempted to use it against him. This group of Transcendents started a war against Jeremie that they lost as soon as they laid siege to Epique’s Manhattan headquarters in an attempt to capture and then most likely execute Jeremie. Left either maimed or killed by Jeremie, his security forces, and his ‘corporate corps’ of sponsored metahumans, these radicals were left unable to fight Jeremie, but the world very quickly discovered that Jeremie had more than just the ability to live for a long time, especially because of the damage that devastated Manhattan, and brought the city to a crawl for over two years as they rebuilt.

Classified almost immediately as a Magnitude 10+ Transcendent, and later having the formerly theoretical Magnitude 11 applied to him due to the nature of Ergokinesis by a metahuman research called the Eden Think Tank that, behind the scenes, was a powerful, multi-national force acting to protect metahumans and humans alike, analyzing, imprisoning, manipulating, and, though considered extreme, exterminating any variables as was needed, including the metahumans themselves. Everything was called into question, and some felt they had been lied to. Because of those events, tension eventually peaked around the globe, with hate crimes against Transcendents escalating to a frequency and level that has never before been so high.

It is now, in the Big Apple, that people like you that will shape the future of the world, whether you be a bigot, a metahuman that just wants to live a normal life, or a metahuman with extremist tendencies. Will you stand against Jeremie with what little you know, will you wait before acting, will you mourn the loss of your mother who died in the battle, or will you stand with Jeremie as a researcher, as a member of his criminal secret society, the Cabal, as a member of his corporate sponsored superheroes, as a member of his secretive Spartan Initiative, a metahuman group acting on Jeremie’s orders, or even as a criminal reporting directly to the man? Maybe you just want to go about your life, but have been dragged in by someone else’s character. Fear and apprehension has gripped many in the world for the past 7 years, and events show no sign of de-escalating, especially now that they’ve reached their most turmultuous. Be careful, though, or Jeremie may pluck your life from you in ways that you can’t even imagine.

P.S. Jeremie’s powers have limits. I have them written up, and there are lots of limits, many being very specific. I may not ever write up a character for this roleplay, but I certainly am not going to have an invincible character. If you kill him in the middle of the plot, however, the show will continue.

What Are the Rules and Guidelines?:

• 1. Don’t godmod, powergame, or anything else like this
  • 2. In the IC, your posts must total a 5 sentence altogether paragraph as the absolute minimum. Every player is expected to be somewhat fluent in English, which is why I expect proper grammar and spelling. All posts must have as much as needed to make events clear, and for other typists to have enough to reply to. No net speak. This is a quality roleplay for intermediate to advanced roleplayers, and anything less would significantly lower the quality.
  • 3. Please label your post with the location.
  • 4. If you are leaving the RP, please tell me. The same applies to temporary absences.
  • 5. You’re allowed up to 3 characters, as long as I think that you can handle them.
  • 6. Don’t be an arse, okay? Yes, that is a rhetorical question, because I already know that your answer is “okay” if you join this RP.
  • 7. Player factions are most likely only going to come into existence through time, and work in-character.
  • 8. Your characters can die. If you die, then don’t whine because you ended up getting cornered by the police after robbing a store, and got shot a lot. Play smart, and think before you do things. This is a game without resets (unless you happen to know a Transcendent powerful enough to resurrect you, and is willing to), a world of danger.
  • 9. Be a good sport. Seriously. Don’t ruin the fun for other people.
  • 10. Ask before you do something extreme, or if you’re unsure if you can do something. Because of the nature of a dynamic world and of Transcendent itself, it is important to maintain a sense of realism, even though our roleplay has metahumans. Want another reason? Someone’s actions can permanently change this world, and we don’t want it to be ruined.
  • 11. Metahumans as powerful as those I mentioned are rare, extremely so, and those that are immortal are even rarer, so please be reasonable when you type up your powers. I will allow some powerful metahumans, but only with people that seem experienced. Metahumans are usually specialized, with the broader powers being more limited in each area. Treat this like it’s a Heroes roleplay. No powers that can’t be connected, and it’s definitely not a comic book, and no truly supernatural creatures exist (as far as you know :P). I will roleplay these characters whenever necessary.
  • 12. If you have any suggestions or ideas, concerns, questions, or anything else, please send me a TG. Additionally, if you wish to help me flesh out the roleplay in any way, such as with a timeline or a typed up rating system for metahumans that someone can actually look at, I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. If you want to make a spin-off, I’ll try to work with you on it, but be aware that you can’t just go and make your own world; every spin-off and every successive season will be a part of Transcendent’s world, crafting its mythos, the culture, and the events behind it.
  • 13. I, as OP, have the equivalent of administrative rights over this singular thread. It is important for you to follow site rules, and to follow the rules as laid out by myself. I reserve the right to change or add any rules I wish, but it is not my right to break the rules, or to treat you badly. I also reserve the right to elect a Co-OP, any other staff members, and even a replacement if I see fit, limiting their power as I see fit. If you feel I or another staff member am treating you badly, wait for things to calm down (if they aren’t calm), and send me a TG thoroughly explaining things.

Who Are the Staff Members?:

• Seinlo - Game Master/Scribe
  • Sanabel - Co-OP
  • Open positions include Co-OP, GM and Co-OP Assistants, Chronicler, and World-Builder. More will open as we require them

Application Template Below

Code: Select all
[b]Name of Nation:[/b] (self-explanatory)
[b]Character’s Full Name:[/b] (self-explanatory)
[b]Character Alias(es):[/b] (If applicable; remember that people who wear costumes aren’t very common, with most Transcendents seeing this as silly, and those who do being made up mostly of corporate sponsored ‘heroes’ for companies that range from Nike, to Google, and indeed to Epique; please also remember that Transcendents often give themselves or are given nicknames, but that that doesn’t usually accompany a costume)
[b]Character Gender:[/b] (if they are transexual, please make it clear what their sex at birth was)
[b]Character’s Chronological Age:[/b] (Self-explanatory, but, again, immortals are even rarer than extremely powerful metahumans)
[b]Age they Appear:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Character Face Claim:[/b] (the [i]real[/i] life celebrity that your character takes the appearance of. Please hyperlink to the photo with the first and last name of your FC)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Powers & Limitations:[/b] (If applicable)
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (Newbs will be given a topic to write about for the roleplay sample)
[b]Any Other Information:[/b]
#4414 (Please don’t remove this tag. It is for app-tracking purposes)
(Please remove all things in brackets, including this)
Last edited by Seinlo on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:28 am, edited 13 times in total.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Last edited by Seinlo on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Reserdd for future expansion

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Oooh.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Tag. This is extremely interesting.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Wow! Tag. I like this a lot.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Tagged because I need less time.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 am

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Please welcome Sanabel as my new Co-OP. If you wish to have one of the positions in the 'Who Are the Staff Members?' section, please communicate that to me, and I will explain what your role will be while answering any questions you may have.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Name of Nation: Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Character’s Full Name: Alexander George Hampton
Character Alias(es): Dr Spear, a reference to the Nazi minister for armaments, mostly used by the newspaper.
Character Gender: Male
Character’s Chronological Age: 58
Age they Appear: 58
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: Scottish (British)
Character Face Claim:
Personality: Hampton can be defined by a few main characteristics. He is a man who loves his family, his friends, who can be expected to make a stand for them. He believes he has the role of a protector, not only of his kin, but also of his friends and his community. He has a strong love for western European values, western civilisation, and the fruits that she has borne him. He will, therefore, do everything he can to protect that. This makes him, if not arch-conservative, at least a bit nostalgic for the past. At least, a past when there were no meta-humans. When the world was simpler, and people did not have a power assigned to them by birth. Hampton is an avowed democrat and republican, in the academic sense of the words. The rights of the majority trump the rights of the minority, he strongly believes. He certainly is not a fascist, but he is very sceptical of meta-humans and their powers.
Powers & Limitations: Not applicable
Biography: Alexander George Hampton was born in 1958 in Glasgow, to a lower middle class working family. His father was an administrator for the city government, his mother a housewife. The Hampton family, with three sons and two daughters, was not the richest of family. They lived in a modest apartment in downtown Glasow, just making ends meet every last day of the month. There wasn’t much money, but at least the children all got a lower and a second tier education. When the daughters became 18, they were required to help in the household and to look for good jobs, preferably as secretaries. The men had to find work for themselves, to help the family make ends meet. The three brothers tried various jobs, but they never quite found what they wanted to do.

All of them looked with mixed inspiration and anger at the rise of Jeremie le D’Aboville. They were inspired by his success, sure, but also quite jealous. Especially when they found out he was unnaturally old, even though they could not quite find out how much older he actually was. This led them to feel all the angrier, both towards the establishment and the meta-humans, who they felt were outcompeting them. A violent life followed, in which the lads performed various acts of vandalism in the name of their ideology. While his other brothers got jobs in some sector or another, Alexander went to study economics at his local university. There, his ideology got a chance to ripen. He discussed his ideals with others who shared his base opinions, not venturing outside of that bubble. After all, other people were just deluded into thinking what they did, and they were the only truly informed.

After finishing his studies, mostly paid for by government grants, Alexander moved to the United States. He didn’t believe Europe had anything to offer him, especially liking the American second amendment. He went into the business of gun making, first only selling guns made by others, but slowly learning how to make and design guns himself. Eventually, he truly went into the business by practising with a gunsmith, which he finished with flying colours. Alexander excelled in making custom weapons, made especially for customers who approached him, whether it was self-defence or for hunting purposes. In the end, he was mainly focussed towards self-defence, especially in the light of the slew of meta-humans that were employed by D’Aboville.

Due to an increase in (reported) crime by meta-humans, Alexander found a market he could exploit. He transformed his company, Hampton Arms Co., to only develop specialised anti-meta-human weapons. Every time some super power reached front pages, Alexander developed the perfect weapon to counter it. Pistol-sized shotguns, small grenade launchers, specialised bayonets, you name it. Rubber weapons to be used against the magnetically powered, flame-throwers for the speed-demons, specialised ammunition to be used against the stronger of skin. Alexander reached world-wide fame with his inventions, and was a supplier of various anti-meta security forces, as well as civil militias across the US. His biggest contractors were militaries, who wanted to be prepared for meta-human uprisings. The New York police force was also a big customer, especially, after the incident in their city.

Eventually, Jeremie le D’Aboville made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. While Alexander still despised the man, the amount of money D’Aboville was willing to pay for the company was just too much to stand against. Alexander became an employee of D’Aboville, designing various anti-meta weapons on his behalf. Now, his company had the power to decide what nations could defend themselves against metas, and he made sure he got plenty of favours because of it. Meanwhile, Alexander keeps his eyes open. He would still rather see the whole world rid itself of the metas, but he needs to bide his time. While his disdain is publically known, D’Aboville uses him nonetheless, to show that he wants to bridge the divide between peoples.
Any Other Information: Alexander Hampton leads the Special Weapons Department of the company of D’Aboville, researching and designing weapon systems to be used against mutants. Especially important since the last siege in Manhattan.

Character’s Full Name: John Hampton
Character Alias(es): Loser, sucker, pussy, rat
Character’s Chronological Age: 22
Age they Appear: 22
Nationality: American by birth
Character Face Claim: http://numerus-media.com/wp-content/upl ... before.jpg
Personality: John is quiet, intelligent, but fiercely insecure and beaten-down. Years of bullying have left him scarred and angry, with no-one to turn to. He is also confused, his own powers making him feel unwanted by his father, who does not know of his powers.
Powers & Limitations: John is a natural conductor for electricity, having the power to steer and produce current inside his own body, and to project it outward. He has never learned how to handle this, though, and his emotions can quickly gain the upper hand. He has no idea how to properly steer it, which is not helped by his father’s political opinions.
Biography: John Hampton was born in 1994 to Alexander George Hampton and Amanda Hampton. He has never really lacked any worldly means in his life, being born into a rich family. However, his father insisted that he attend a public school, to ensure he acquired some much-needed social skills and sense of reality. If anything, Alexander didn’t want his son to feel rich growing up. The other kids didn’t really see this plan, and constantly tore into John because of his parents’ affluence. He really did his best to fit in, never wearing clothing that was too expensive, and never trying to be the brightest of the class. This all did not help him, and the bullying continued.

He was entering puberty when he found out he was a meta. He had always been raised with the idea that metas were a scourge to civilisation, and that they were best removed from society. Finding out he was one transformed his life. In class, he began to stand up for the rights of metas, although he never dared confront his father. When he did, his father would make it perfectly clear that he was being young and naïve, and that he would learn about reality soon enough. He never dared tell either his parents of his gift. Instead, he kept it to himself. Because of this, he never seemed to be able to control himself. Power outages in his school and the Hampton household were regular, as well as shocks when people were near to him. Electrical equipment often malfunctioned when he was close, and he could sometimes discharge when angry. So, instead of learning to control his power, he learned to control his emotions, finding a secluded spot to let out his rage. This could often coincide with thunder strikes. He even installed a metal pole next to his window, so he could discharge without getting noticed.

Now in college, the bullying has gotten worse than ever. His opinion has become somewhat vocal, but that has not made him more popular. On the contrary, it has made him as subject of much ridicule among his peers, with some of them being quite bigoted. One professor, miss Danzig, has taken special care of him, and has developed a friendship with the lad. While she also doesn’t know of his powers, she knows of his anger issues, and tries to help him with those.
Any Other Information: John suffers from depressions and panic attacks, which he also hides from his parents.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Name of Nation: Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Character’s Full Name: Alexander George Hampton
Character Alias(es): Dr Spear, a reference to the Nazi minister for armaments, mostly used by the newspaper.
Character’s Chronological Age: 58
Age they Appear: 58
Nationality: Scottish (British)
Character Face Claim:
(Image)
Personality: Hampton can be defined by a few main characteristics. He is a man who loves his family, his friends, who can be expected to make a stand for them. He believes he has the role of a protector, not only of his kin, but also of his friends and his community. He has a strong love for western European values, western civilisation, and the fruits that she has borne him. He will, therefore, do everything he can to protect that. This makes him, if not arch-conservative, at least a bit nostalgic for the past. At least, a past when there were no meta-humans. When the world was simpler, and people did not have a power assigned to them by birth. Hampton is an avowed democrat and republican, in the academic sense of the words. The rights of the majority trump the rights of the minority, he strongly believes. He certainly is not a fascist, but he is very sceptical of meta-humans and their powers.
Powers & Limitations: Not applicable
Biography: Alexander George Hampton was born in 1958 in Glasgow, to a lower middle class working family. His father was an administrator for the city government, his mother a housewife. The Hampton family, with three sons and two daughters, was not the richest of family. They lived in a modest apartment in downtown Glasow, just making ends meet every last day of the month. There wasn’t much money, but at least the children all got a lower and a second tier education. When the daughters became 18, they were required to help in the household and to look for good jobs, preferably as secretaries. The men had to find work for themselves, to help the family make ends meet. The three brothers tried various jobs, but they never quite found what they wanted to do.

All of them looked with mixed inspiration and anger at the rise of Jeremie le D’Aboville. They were inspired by his success, sure, but also quite jealous. Especially when they found out he was unnaturally old, even though they could not quite find out how much older he actually was. This led them to feel all the angrier, both towards the establishment and the meta-humans, who they felt were outcompeting them. A violent life followed, in which the lads performed various acts of vandalism in the name of their ideology. While his other brothers got jobs in some sector or another, Alexander went to study economics at his local university. There, his ideology got a chance to ripen. He discussed his ideals with others who shared his base opinions, not venturing outside of that bubble. After all, other people were just deluded into thinking what they did, and they were the only truly informed.

After finishing his studies, mostly paid for by government grants, Alexander moved to the United States. He didn’t believe Europe had anything to offer him, especially liking the American second amendment. He went into the business of gun making, first only selling guns made by others, but slowly learning how to make and design guns himself. Eventually, he truly went into the business by practising with a gunsmith, which he finished with flying colours. Alexander excelled in making custom weapons, made especially for customers who approached him, whether it was self-defence or for hunting purposes. In the end, he was mainly focussed towards self-defence, especially in the light of the slew of meta-humans that were employed by D’Aboville.

Due to an increase in (reported) crime by meta-humans, Alexander found a market he could exploit. He transformed his company, Hampton Arms Co., to only develop specialised anti-meta-human weapons. Every time some super power reached front pages, Alexander developed the perfect weapon to counter it. Pistol-sized shotguns, small grenade launchers, specialised bayonets, you name it. Rubber weapons to be used against the magnetically powered, flame-throwers for the speed-demons, specialised ammunition to be used against the stronger of skin. Alexander reached world-wide fame with his inventions, and was a supplier of various anti-meta security forces, as well as civil militias across the US. His biggest contractors were militaries, who wanted to be prepared for meta-human uprisings. The New York police force was also a big customer, especially, after the incident in their city.

Eventually, Jeremie le D’Aboville made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. While Alexander still despised the man, the amount of money D’Aboville was willing to pay for the company was just too much to stand against. Alexander became an employee of D’Aboville, designing various anti-meta weapons on his behalf. Now, his company had the power to decide what nations could defend themselves against metas, and he made sure he got plenty of favours because of it. Meanwhile, Alexander keeps his eyes open. He would still rather see the whole world rid itself of the metas, but he needs to bide his time. While his disdain is publically known, D’Aboville uses him nonetheless, to show that he wants to bridge the divide between peoples.
Any Other Information: Alexander Hampton leads the Special Weapons Department of the company of D’Aboville, researching and designing weapon systems to be used against mutants. Especially important since the last siege in Manhattan.

Character’s Full Name: John Hampton
Character Alias(es): Loser, sucker, pussy, rat
Character’s Chronological Age: 22
Age they Appear: 22
Nationality: American by birth
Character Face Claim: http://numerus-media.com/wp-content/upl ... before.jpg
Personality: John is quiet, intelligent, but fiercely insecure and beaten-down. Years of bullying have left him scarred and angry, with no-one to turn to. He is also confused, his own powers making him feel unwanted by his father, who does not know of his powers.
Powers & Limitations: John is a natural conductor for electricity, having the power to steer and produce current inside his own body, and to project it outward. He has never learned how to handle this, though, and his emotions can quickly gain the upper hand. He has no idea how to properly steer it, which is not helped by his father’s political opinions.
Biography: John Hampton was born in 1994 to Alexander George Hampton and Amanda Hampton. He has never really lacked any worldly means in his life, being born into a rich family. However, his father insisted that he attend a public school, to ensure he acquired some much-needed social skills and sense of reality. If anything, Alexander didn’t want his son to feel rich growing up. The other kids didn’t really see this plan, and constantly tore into John because of his parents’ affluence. He really did his best to fit in, never wearing clothing that was too expensive, and never trying to be the brightest of the class. This all did not help him, and the bullying continued.

He was entering puberty when he found out he was a meta. He had always been raised with the idea that metas were a scourge to civilisation, and that they were best removed from society. Finding out he was one transformed his life. In class, he began to stand up for the rights of metas, although he never dared confront his father. When he did, his father would make it perfectly clear that he was being young and naïve, and that he would learn about reality soon enough. He never dared tell either his parents of his gift. Instead, he kept it to himself. Because of this, he never seemed to be able to control himself. Power outages in his school and the Hampton household were regular, as well as shocks when people were near to him. Electrical equipment often malfunctioned when he was close, and he could sometimes discharge when angry. So, instead of learning to control his power, he learned to control his emotions, finding a secluded spot to let out his rage. This could often coincide with thunder strikes. He even installed a metal pole next to his window, so he could discharge without getting noticed.

Now in college, the bullying has gotten worse than ever. His opinion has become somewhat vocal, but that has not made him more popular. On the contrary, it has made him as subject of much ridicule among his peers, with some of them being quite bigoted. One professor, miss Danzig, has taken special care of him, and has developed a friendship with the lad. While she also doesn’t know of his powers, she knows of his anger issues, and tries to help him with those.
Any Other Information: John suffers from depressions and panic attacks, which he also hides from his parents.

I think I like the idea of this dynamic between father and son, and an employee that hates his employer. I expected something quite different. Since I don't nitpick at apps like some, I'm going to give this an approval, unlees Sanabel has issues with/questions about the app.
Last edited by Seinlo on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Tag. I've got an idea for a gravity manipulator.
Signatures are so 2014.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Hmmm...what kind of character to make...
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Utceforp wrote:Tag. I've got an idea for a gravity manipulator.

Check out this link, if you want inspiration: Gyrokinesis. Course, what your ability does and how it works are up to you, but I thought it would be interesting.

Sanabel wrote:Hmmm...what kind of character to make...

It's up to you. There are lots of options ^-^
Last edited by Seinlo on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daltheria
Secretary

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daltheria » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Tag

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Name of Nation: The V O I D (but everyone calls me Void or V)
Character’s Full Name: Devon Mathews
Character Alias(es): Chameleon; The Shifter
Character Gender: Varies depending upon form; gender identity also varies, usually aligns with the sex Devon is at that moment. Devon refuses to reveal what s/he was at birth, but according to birth records, it is likely Devon was born female.
Character’s Chronological Age: 24.
Age they Appear: Varies depending upon form; usually takes the age appearance of a 24 yearold.
Ethnicity: Varies; usually Caucasian/Slavic.
Nationality: Born in the US of A.
Character Face Claim: This (usually; Natalia Poklonskaya), but varies on form.
Personality: Devon's personality is highly variable, but she is often described as cold, calculating and manipulative. She's really good at getting what she wants. She sometimes appears playful, mischievous and can occasionally indulge in seductive behavior; she will mask her personality as necessary to infiltrate somewhere she needs to. Devon also tends to seem very sociopathic, and while she probably is, she does sometimes want to make friends - if only to ensure that she isn't hunted by certain groups or persons. Her personality shifts and changes to accommodate her current needs; similar to her form.
Powers & Limitations:
Powers:
  • Bioshifting: Devon is capable of changing her appearance, organ structure, size, etc. into any human she sees, as well as combine various features of what she's seen to create a new person that may or may not exist; even her 'default' form doesn't exist, supposedly.
  • Regeneration: The process of Bioshifting, if a normal human were to try it, would cause instantaneous death; this is because of the trauma her organs and such suffer. However, she regenerates extremely quickly as she bioshifts to counter this.
  • Semi-Defunct Physiology: On top of her healing factor, most of her organs are defunct; she doesn't need most of her organs to live, and doesn't require sustenance (including air) to live either. This allows her to survive otherwise fatal injuries - both while she Bioshifts and in a fight.

Limitations:
  • Ain't Perfect: Her bioshifting does amazing; she perfectly imitates the person she's trying to become, but unless she has physical contact with them, she does not share their DNA. Without their DNA, her DNA still registers as hers.
  • Pain: While she doesn't need most of her organs, Bioshifting can sometimes cause discomfort or pain - nowhere near to the level it should under normal circumstances, but it does bother her at times.
  • Mortality: Despite her regeneration and mostly defunct organs, she is indeed mortal. If one were to incinerate her body or make it impossible to regenerate, or even decapitate her, she's dead. Gone. Can't come back from that. However, standard weapons and such will only make her less mobile.

Biography: Devon Mathews was born a Transcendent. She didn't know her birthparents and was raised at an orphanage; given the name Devon because she used to look androgynous to most of her caretakers and her last name is Mathews because that is the last name she chose. Devon, being an androgynous name, means that she can fit in as a male or female; shapeshifting as she pleases. She discovered her powers at a young age - and, being a rebellious child - used it for her advantage. During her teenage years, she used her powers to sneak into places as well as to trick people into giving her what she wanted.

Devon eventually turned fully towards the life of crime; using her shapeshifting abilities, as well as the ability to mimic DNA if she has access to it, to steal expensive items or jewels from otherwise impenetrable areas. Oftentimes, the person she was imitating or pretending to be took the fall; and she made off with the reward. Devon became known as the Chameleon by those who knew of her activities, and of her in general; she could gain access to anywhere at anytime she pleased. All she needed was the right form. Devon has a history of sometimes even seducing superheroes to trick them into letting her go. She seems apparently pansexual and identifies as whatever she appears to be at that moment, but seems to prefer female forms. As the Chameleon, she has stolen millions in artwork and jewels, selling them off. She lives her life off the black market; using her cash to buy whatever she wants. Because she requires no food, water or air; she usually just buys clothes for new forms and the like.

The Chameleon is a legendary thief, and sometimes even does assassinations for the right price. Because of her seemingly untraceable nature, it is hard for superheroes to keep up with her. She has quickly risen to the top ten most wanted meta-criminals because of her infamy and her abilities, and the danger they pose to those who have power (unless she happens to be working for them, of course).
Any Other Information: Devon has no relationships to anyone's knowledge.
Last edited by The V O I D on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm going all out with my character. Atomic power and pacifism, what a wonderful mix this shall be!
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 am

The V O I D wrote:Name of Nation: The V O I D (but everyone calls me Void or V)
Character Gender: Varies depending upon form; gender identity also varies, usually aligns with the sex Devon is at that moment. Devon refuses to reveal what s/he was at birth, but according to birth records, it is likely Devon was born female.
Age they Appear: Varies depending upon form; usually takes the age appearance of a 24 yearold.
Personality: Devon's personality is highly variable, but she is often described as cold, calculating and manipulative. She's really good at getting what she wants.
Powers & Limitations:
Powers:
  • Bioshifting: Devon is capable of changing her appearance, organ structure, size, etc. into any human she sees, as well as combine various features of what she's seen to create a new person that may or may not exist; even her 'default' form doesn't exist, supposedly.
  • Regeneration: The process of Bioshifting, if a normal human were to try it, would cause instantaneous death; this is because of the trauma her organs and such suffer. However, she regenerates extremely quickly as she bioshifts to counter this.
  • Semi-Defunct Physiology: On top of her healing factor, most of her organs are defunct; she doesn't need most of her organs to live, and doesn't require sustenance (including air) to live either. This allows her to survive otherwise fatal injuries - both while she Bioshifts and in a fight.

Limitations:
  • Ain't Perfect: Her bioshifting does amazing; she perfectly imitates the person she's trying to become, but unless she has physical contact with them, she does not share their DNA. Without their DNA, her DNA still registers as hers.
  • Pain: While she doesn't need most of her organs, Bioshifting can sometimes cause discomfort or pain - nowhere near to the level it should under normal circumstances, but it does bother her at times.
  • Mortality: Despite her regeneration and mostly defunct organs, she is indeed mortal. If one were to incinerate her body or make it impossible to regenerate, or even decapitate her, she's dead. Gone. Can't come back from that. However, standard weapons and such will only make her less mobile.

Biography: Devon Mathews was born a Transcendent. She didn't know her birthparents and was raised at an orphanage; given the name Devon because she used to look androgynous to most of her caretakers and her last name is Mathews because that is the last name she chose. Devon, being an androgynous name, means that she can fit in as a male or female; shapeshifting as she pleases. She discovered her powers at a young age - and, being a rebellious child - used it for her advantage. During her teenage years, she used her powers to sneak into places as well as to trick people into giving her what she wanted.

Devon eventually turned fully towards the life of crime; using her shapeshifting abilities, as well as the ability to mimic DNA if she has access to it, to steal expensive items or jewels from otherwise impenetrable areas. Oftentimes, the person she was imitating or pretending to be took the fall; and she made off with the reward. Devon became known as the Chameleon by those who knew of her activities, and of her in general; she could gain access to anywhere at anytime she pleased. All she needed was the right form. Devon has a history of sometimes even seducing superheroes to trick them into letting her go. She seems apparently pansexual and identifies as whatever she appears to be at that moment, but seems to prefer female forms. As the Chameleon, she has stolen millions in artwork and jewels, selling them off. She lives her life off the black market; using her cash to buy whatever she wants. Because she requires no food, water or air; she usually just buys clothes for new forms and the like.

The Chameleon is a legendary thief, and sometimes even does assassinations for the right price. Because of her seemingly untraceable nature, it is hard for superheroes to keep up with her. She has quickly risen to the top ten most wanted meta-criminals because of her infamy and her abilities, and the danger they pose to those who have power (unless she happens to be working for them, of course).

Hmm. I would like to see more personality, but everything seems good other than that. Approved, once you make the update.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Seinlo wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Name of Nation: The V O I D (but everyone calls me Void or V)
Personality: Devon's personality is highly variable, but she is often described as cold, calculating and manipulative. She's really good at getting what she wants.
Powers & Limitations:
Powers:

Limitations:

Hmm. I would like to see more personality, but everything seems good other than that. Approved, once you make the update.

Alright. Going to add a bit more to her personality.

So, I feel like - considering her sometimes-assassin jobs - Epique or other major players sometimes pay her to assassinate well-guarded people.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:23 pm

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Sooooo... Uhm, new archive thread for completed and approved characters.

Here's the link!

Da thread link

The V O I D wrote:
Seinlo wrote:

Alright. Going to add a bit more to her personality.

So, I feel like - considering her sometimes-assassin jobs - Epique or other major players sometimes pay her to assassinate well-guarded people.

It's entirely possible. Jeremie also has collections, libraries, and vaults around the world, so it's possible that he also hires her for thief things. Just... Avoid stealing from him. It's a very bad idea. Or do steal from him! It might be interesting.

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Would a man born in the late 1800s who's body continually regenerates to fix wounds, ran away to join the French foreign Legion, fighting in WW1/2, First Indochina War before encountering Jeremie, leaving an impression on him, before being invited onto the Spartan Initiative, however he is beginning to have doubts be alright?

Asking for a friend

The Grene Knyght
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 pm

:0 tag
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food
Claorica wrote:Oh look, an antifa ancom being smartaleck
Old Tyrannia wrote:Bold words from the self-declared Leninist
Currently
Reading
2015: x=-8.75,y=-6.56
2016: x=-8.88,y=-9.54
2017: x=-9.63,y=-9.90
2018: x=-9.88,y=-9.23
2019: x=-10.0,y=-9.90
2020: x=-10.0,y=-10.0
2021: x=-10.0,y=-10.0

PRO: Socialism, Communism, Internationalism, Revolution, Leninism.
NEUTRAL: Anarchism, Marxism-Leninism.
ANTI: Capitalism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Fascists, Hyper-Sectarian Leftists.
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:33 pm

I would like to take part in this... (yes, it is a tag)
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:47 pm

Newrey wrote:Would a man born in the late 1800s who's body continually regenerates to fix wounds, ran away to join the French foreign Legion, fighting in WW1/2, First Indochina War before encountering Jeremie, leaving an impression on him, before being invited onto the Spartan Initiative, however he is beginning to have doubts be alright?

Asking for a friend

I approve or deny immortal and extremely powerful characters based on the merit of a player and quality of an application. This makes me a little uncomfortable, and anyone not loyal to Jeremie who is in the Spartan Initiative could be weeded out, though this isn't necessarily true. To be honest, I would have to see the application, and might make your friend use a slowed aging factor with regeneration, meaning that they would actually age, but at a slow rate. Immortals are very rare among Transcendents in any form, as you know from reading the OP.

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Name of Nation: Greater Slavic Union
Character’s Full Name: Michal Petr Otakar Sviatoslav Mavrimov-Kováč-Kwiatkowski (simply referred to as Michal, by his transcendent friends)
Character Alias(es): Král ("King" in Czech")
Character’s Chronological Age: [I will fill out later. Can he be immortal?]
Age they Appear: 29
Ethnicity: Slavic
Nationality: Czech
Character Face Claim: Image (just give him strong-azure eyes)
Personality: [I need to know about the immortality thing to put the personality]
Powers & Limitations: [Same as for personality]
Biography: [Same as for personality]
Any Other Information:

App so far. I need a bit of explanations to complete it. Does it look good as for now?
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Name of Nation: Greater Slavic Union
Character’s Full Name: Michal Petr Otakar Sviatoslav Mavrimov-Kováč-Kwiatkowski (simply referred to as Michal, by his transcendent friends)
Character Alias(es): Král ("King" in Czech")
Character’s Chronological Age: [I will fill out later. Can he be immortal?]
Age they Appear: 29
Ethnicity: Slavic
Nationality: Czech
Character Face Claim: (Image) (just give him strong-azure eyes)
Personality: [I need to know about the immortality thing to put the personality]
Powers & Limitations: [Same as for personality]
Biography: [Same as for personality]
Any Other Information:

App so far. I need a bit of explanations to complete it. Does it look good as for now?

No. Nicknames go with aliases, and immortals are incredibly rare. I've said that immortals are rare several times, and that I will only approve an immortal or particularly powerful Transcendent if a player's merit is high enough, and if they make a quality app.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse