NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Otherworldly Visitors(IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Treskovia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

My Little Pony: Otherworldly Visitors(IC)

Postby Treskovia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:47 am

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=390161&p=29966039#p29966039

Equestria. A land of peace, tolerance and tranquility. The many creatures of the land enjoyed each others company, reveling in happiness. But, not for long.

Sooner or later, discovery by aliens was bound to happen, only this time, as a mistake.

The United Federation of Planets(Star Trek), the Galactic Empire(Star Wars), the Systems Alliance(Mass Effect), the Zerg Swarm(Starcraft), and the Imperium of Man(Warhammer 40k) have all accidentally ended up in the MLP universe. What will their stories be? Will the Federation manage to keep the other powers from influencing the ponies? Will the Galactic Empire incorporate Equestria into itself? Will the Systems Alliance develop friendly relations with them? Will the Zerg devour their entire planet? Or will the Imperium initiate a systematic purge of the vile equinoid xenos, or even declare Exterminatus? Find out in:

My Little Pony: Otherworldly Visitors

Rules:
I'm the OP, and that means you must obey my every command.
No god-modding.
Only I can control more than one character.
Whenever someone enters a fight, every participant must vote on who they want to win. The character with the most votes wins, while the other character dies, and can't reenter play.

Roster of accepted characters:
Jean-Luc Picard(Star Trek)-Treskovia
Voles Corna(Warhammer 40k)-Treskovia
Twilight Sparkle(MLP: FIM)-Frenequesta
Zerg Swarm(Starcraft)-Zerg Hives
Thrawn(Star Wars)-Danceria
Andrio Vexini(Warhammer 40k)-Neomerica
Cadelian Sol(Star Wars)-New Equestria
G-Unit-65b "Astro"(Mass Effect)-The Void Pact
Last edited by Treskovia on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Anthem

Tier 8, Level 0, 1 or 3(depends on species), Type 7 civilization acording to this.

Songs to associate with me:
Anthem of the Xenophile Association, a group of people who love aliens
Anthem of the Patriot's League

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Ponyville, Equestria

Relative lack of technological development, standing by itself, is no indication of primitiveness. And it is certainly not a simple indication of relative intelligence, moral enlightenment, or even sheer physical power. Such is the case of Equestria--a land populated by equine beings whose world was, for the most part, bendable by the mental (and sometimes even unconsciously physical) manipulation of an aether to in turn alter what is only known through the senses. Most outsiders would call their manipulation "magic." For millennia, the Ponies have classified, refined, and developed their special ways of interacting with their immediate world, and had filled hundreds of libraries documenting the spells and dynamics of their magic. Magical as their results were, their approach was scientific and rational, with free inquiry, hypothesis, experiment, falsification, and paradigms informing their knowledge. Not every Pony could perform every type of magic (in fact most was the purview of one particular race known as the unicorns), but with its values of friendship and species unity on one hoof and an appreciation for the worth and dignity of every member on the other, the Ponies of Equestria ensured that the knowledge of magic would not just be for the benefit of a few but for all--even those that were not ponies (such as donkeys, cows, and buffalo, who did not even have any magical powers of their own). Perhaps most striking was in their leader, Princess Celestia--who, while undoubtedly the most powerful Pony in the nation, both by magical prowess and political might, had her magical powers in official capacity limited to raising and lowering the sun at regular, predictable intervals, and where a clear emergency demanded them.

More mundane science, such as chemistry, biology, and physics, thrived alongside magic. And chemical, biological, and structural engineering thrived alongside magical engineering, though less so than the pure science analogues. But of all the engineering disciplines, aerospace engineering was the least developed. One could find several reasons for this: First, Equestrian economics didn't really encourage it. Magic had made it relatively efficient to transmute any waste into something useful, and many citizens specialized (as most commonly known by flank-brands known as "cutie marks") in repairs, and those in waste management were extraordinarily good at it, so recycling was favored over initial production or extraction. The birth rate had also been historically low, with few families ever having more than three children. The land too, still had plenty of resources, by one count lasting at least another five millennia if somehow recycling and repairs became unworkable. There was little motivation to seek resources on another planet. Second, the planet's politics was hardly competitive. Other nations existed on Equestria's planet, but only Equestria's leader controlled the sun. Once Celestia, and even the unicorns who collectively controlled the sun before, asserted their power, the other nations realized that they simply could not compete. Although some wars happened here and there, most further international relations were remarkably peaceful, leading to favorable trade deals and sincere respect for the other nations' sovereignty. Equestria thus had no hard imperialist drive beyond the initial assertion of magical power, the difficulties of which might have driven Equestria to the stars. Third, many pegasi, who controlled Equestria's weather, saw airplane technology as a threat to their cloud cities and a potential disruption to their work. They lobbied for a moratorium on large-scale aerospace technology businesses, which Celestia granted but never got around to lifting, taking away a potential field for competition to develop new technologies. Finally, and perhaps more fundamentally, magic was such a part of Pony culture that, in the face of not being able to utilize their magic in space or on other planets (at least no Equestrian astrophysicist has found another planet with Equestria's aether), many would have rather stayed on the ground. Thus, a few eccentric ponies would develop small flying machines and rockets, and a smaller few, working at the University of Canterlot, were developing small orbiters that might eventually circle the planet someday for purely research purposes, but that was the extent of Equestria's mechanical forays into the air and space. And as far as they were concerned, they were the only beings in the universe that would even try to go up there.

Princess Twilight Sparkle, like many ponies, liked staying on the ground. But she also liked looking up at the stars. Her cutie mark was in magic, both the physical manipulation of the world and the social, political, and moral connection between ponies, but she had many other interests, including astronomy. (After all, her cutie mark did comprise six stars.) On particularly clear nights she would go up to the small observatory in her Crystal Tree Castle and alternate between a telescope and a long scroll, calculating the stars' distance, brightness, and proper motion. Tonight was such a night.

She cast a spell for infrared vision on the telescope lens and looked into it. "Hmm... Marenard's Star has moved a second. Looks about right from the last time I saw it." She turned off the infrared vision spell and noted the movement on the scroll. She then turned back to the telescope, with a naked lens this time and pointed to a new star. "Roan Beauty... oh, why can't I... aha. But still. Hardly anything." She recorded this movement and then moved the telescope to another position. "Let's see for Hydra-3... what's that?" She saw right next to Hydra-3 another light, much, much fainter than the star but still visible. She decided to write it down, and went on to another star.

An hour later she decided to check on Hydra-3 again. The new object was still there, but was about twice as bright now. "Okay, that's really strange. Variable stars don't change that much that quickly." Over the next hour, she watched that object carefully, observing any changes that occurred, even employing spectroscopic spells to figure out what the new object was composed of. At the end, the object was twice as bright.

After making some calculations, she quickly drafted a letter:

Dear Sirs and Madams of the Royal Canterlot Astronomical Society:

Last night I observed a new object in the Hydra Constellation, near Hydra-3. It has an apparent magnitude of 7 as of last midnight, and very likely much lower by the time you get this letter. In case you have not also noticed this, I have attached some data on this new object for your perusal.

I am not entirely sure what it is. It might be a supernova or other nova that has only now reached our view, but I find this difficult. I could not detect any elemental isotopes or particles that are typically present during a core collapse. In fact, its composition had been remarkably stable over the hour I have observed it.

I hope you will be able to assess this new object better than I can, and am eager to hear your results.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

She rolled up the letter with the data. She thought about going out immediately, but by this time she was tired. She decided to sleep on it, and left the observatory for her bedroom.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:36 am

Voles Corna knelt in the ship's Sanctorum. The entire fleet has just exited Warp space, and already, they got into trouble. The entire fleet was going for the Anihilata System to help with an Ork incursion, but they ended up somewhere else. The holy silence of the chamber in which Voles resided was interrupted by footsteps. The oily doors squeaked. It was Voles' personal tech-acolyte.

-"What have you found out, Noro?", Voles said, standing up.

The acolyte responded with a mechanical voice.
-"We seem to be lost in another universe. Some of our astropaths went berserk after hitting that warp-anomaly we ran into, so they had to be terminated. Chapter Master Rostan Vonclosa has ordered the fleet makes it for the nearest habitable planet for regrouping."

Voles sighed.
-"How much until we reach that planet?"

-"A few hours at sublight speeds, m'Lord.", responded the acolyte.

While Noro was saying that, Voles went out of the Sanctorum, for he finished his prayer to the Emperor. His acolyte followed him to the armory. There, Voles spent a few minutes. When he got out, he was dressed in emerald-green armor with sky-blue numerals etched onto it. He was clutching his plasma pistol and was also equipped with his power fist. He made his way to the ship's bridge, Noro behind him.

Yet, in his hurry, he didn't notice an interface showing that the planet for which they were headed was inhabited.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smsb ... pr2=533B1C
what Voles looks like

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/war ... 0711233033
what Noro looks like
Last edited by Treskovia on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
National Anthem

Tier 8, Level 0, 1 or 3(depends on species), Type 7 civilization acording to this.

Zerg Hives
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zerg Hives » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:49 am

A Jump-space window opened above the pony planet's moon. Almost as instantly as it opened, it vomited a giant purple mass of tentacles, meat and claws. When the thing got out, the window collapsed in on itself. On the "ship", creatures of unknown intent were looking at the planet with evil glee, just waiting to get their grips on the bountiful and delicious life it provided. But first, to make a base on the world's sattelite. The creatures detected a large quantity of minerals and vespene gas on the planet, and they needed as much troops as possible to devour the planet.

The Void Pact
Attaché

Founded: Jul 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Pact » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:41 am

-"Safe locks detached. Thrusters engaged. Approaching Mass Relay."

That is how the Protostar's pilot's thought process sounded like before the Mass Relay took them into FTL. Ot at least that what G-Unit-65b, also known as Astro, thought.

The Protostar was a new ship of the Geth. It was quite large, carrying enough geth troops for a very small invasion. But it's purpose was not to attack, but to explore. Astro was a scientist assigned to it. By the time he was made, his transport has already arrived to the station where the Protostar was docked. Now, he was on the ship itself, witnessing the glory of FTL from the safety of the bridge. However, it wasn't long before something went wrong. The entire ship suddenly shook while in FTL, and that is never a good sign. Soon, the ship appeared straight in geostationary orbit of the pony planet, right above Twilight's home.

-"Energy traces detected. G-Unit-65b, initiate investigative operation."

With that order given, Astro went to a shuttle bay and took a shuttle to Twilight's house.

On his way down, he noticed that the civilization this planet harboured didn't have anything in orbit of their world, meaning they were technologically inferior to his kind. This also meant that he might run into some difficulties, since if this new civilization didn't posses space travel, they also probably didn't posses rudimentary robotics or even computers, meaning he was going to have to be extra careful in order to establish peacuful relations by introduction in a calm and orderly manner. Within minutes of breaching the planet's atmosphere, he noticed it was night, so he turned the lights on his shuttle on.

He was bright enough to be visible from Twilight's home, which is exactly what happened.

the Protostar

Astro's shuttle
Last edited by The Void Pact on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Defending swords
Civilian

Founded: Sep 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Defending swords » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:05 am

You guys do realize that you're on a game that just lets people be their own Hitler over their own country... and you're bringing another type of Hitler here... right?... there can only be one Hitler. Get your weak Hitler outta our more powerful Hitler.

Praise be to Gaben. Our lord and savior.

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:19 am

Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission, to explore strange, new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Picard was sitting in his Captain's chair and looking at a strange anomaly. A vortex of light-grey energy circling around a small, black circle. His orders were to go into the anomaly in hopes of discovering what it is. The orders were such because it has been proven that the anomaly is a stable wormhole, something that should be impossible. Nevertheless, Jean-Luc decided that it was time.

-"Mr. La Forge, take us into the wormhole at three-quarter impulse."

-"Understood. Engaging... three-quarter."

The Enterprise barely got into close proximity of the wormhole when it was violently pulled into it by some gravitational force. Everyone on the ship was holding onto something so they don't get knocked down by thew sheer force pulling the Galaxy-class Federation starship towards it.

After a few moments, the shaking stopped. Data got on the console and said:
-"Captain, we seem to have exited the other side of the wormhole."

The Bridge crew looked through the window on the ship and saw that they were in orbit of a pink gas giant with a massive storm that looked like a heart.

-"Well, what are the odds of that, Number One?", said Picard.

-"Who am I to guess?", responded Riker.

-"Captain!", Data interrupted.

-"Yes, Mr. Data?"

-"There appears to be a class M planet in this system, and it also seems to contain dilithium."

Riker jumped in:
-"Does it contain sentient life?"

-"We would have to be closer to the planet if I were to answer that question."

Picard then said:
-"In that case, bring us into orbit of that planet at full impulse power."

Geordi responded:
-"But Sir, the planet we're talking about is on the other side of the system."

-"Oh. Well then, go to warp factor 2."

Geordi typed the coordinates into his interface and said:
-"Coordinates laid in."

Picard looked straight through the ship's window and said:
-"Engage."

With that, the ship turned towards the little blue star that was the planet they were going to and blasted of at speeds faster-than-light.
Last edited by Treskovia on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
National Anthem

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 am

From the depths of space, space itself bent and warped in a forced and unnatural matter.

A small fleet of large grey triangular ships flew out of the warp, clearly disoriented and drifting aimlessly. On board, crewmen ran around at full speed, attempting to get vital systems online with stabilizers down. From the bridge of the starship, a blue skinned humanoid figure in a stark white uniform laid his red eyes on faint objects moving in space, clearly starships of unrecognized origins. At least to him.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Neomerica
Secretary

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neomerica » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:57 am

-"Inquisitor, there is a small fleet of ships near us!"

One of the ships in Voles' fleet slowed down to full stop and turned to face Thrawn's fleet. The ship was barely visible through the vacuum of space due to it being covered in void-black mag-plates. On the ship itself, a figure cloaked in dark emerald light armor watched the Galactic Empire's fleet.

-"I want a listening probe to be attached to the biggest ship in that fleet, then return to our own."

With that said, one of the bridge crew activated a rune on his interface. A hiss was heard outside the ship. A small hatch opened, vomiting a probe which went to Thrawn's ship. The hatch closed, and the Inquisitorial ship turned to its own fleet and entered sublight speeds.

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:20 am

Voles stepped onto the floor of the bridge of the Battle Barge Tornado, his trusty tech-acolyte beside him. There was his Chapter Master, Rostan Vonclosa, in all his emerald-armoured glory, staring through the ships window.

The imposing figure noticed Voles' presence after a few moments.
-"Ah, Voles. What do you seek here?"

Voles replied:
-"I come to volunteer for the exploration mission that will definitely be needed when we arrive at the planet."

Rostan turned to face him entirely, smiling in the process.
-"I know, brother. You are eager to prove yourself in battle. I had the very same idea. You will be in charge of a small strike force of elements from the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 7th Companies. Is that understood?"

-"Yes, my Lord."

-"Well then, your troops are in the cargo bay. May the Emperor smile upon you. Dismissed."

With that, Voles turned to exit the bridge, Noro behind him.
Last edited by Treskovia on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:22 am

The Void Pact wrote:...Within minutes of breaching the planet's atmosphere, he noticed it was night, so he turned the lights on his shuttle on.

He was bright enough to be visible from Twilight's home, which is exactly what happened.

Twilight had difficulty sleeping. Something in the fabric of Equestria didn't seem normal, even in its nightly quiet. There seemed to be something more than that new object near Hydra-3 about. So she got up from her bed and went back up to the observatory. It didn't take long for her to notice a rather swiftly-moving green light. "That's no star..."

Despite its seeming inability, or at least disinterest, to go into space, Equestrian culture still speculated at times about beings from space visiting them, inspired by its own terrestrial encounters. Twilight, as a bookworm, consumed many of these stories, and thought that the stories might come true. But she was a little worried. Many such fictional encounters were not very peaceful for one reason or another, be it a failure of communication or just plain greed and hate. But she was the Princess of Friendship, and she was somewhat more optimistic about establishing good relationships.

The trouble was just communicating. Very likely the visitors did not know the Equestrian tongue, and even pictures might run into a cultural barrier. She then remembered one story of an encounter that would have turned violent if one of the visitors didn't strike a friendship with a pony mathematician. Numbers and logical relations, therefore, were an option. She also remembered in many of the more recent stories, the visitors at least knew of radio technology, still a nascent field in Equestria with promising results coming from Manehattan.

With these in mind, she took a nearby candle, held it up in front of the green light, converted some of its infrared waves to radio waves, set them to the first fifty prime numbers, and directed them to the green light. She hoped, remembering another story, that her attempt at communication wouldn't end up crashing the ship. That would not be a good way to start a friendship.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Void Pact
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Pact » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Frenequesta wrote:Twilight had difficulty sleeping. Something in the fabric of Equestria didn't seem normal, even in its nightly quiet. There seemed to be something more than that new object near Hydra-3 about. So she got up from her bed and went back up to the observatory. It didn't take long for her to notice a rather swiftly-moving green light. "That's no star..."

Despite its seeming inability, or at least disinterest, to go into space, Equestrian culture still speculated at times about beings from space visiting them, inspired by its own terrestrial encounters. Twilight, as a bookworm, consumed many of these stories, and thought that the stories might come true. But she was a little worried. Many such fictional encounters were not very peaceful for one reason or another, be it a failure of communication or just plain greed and hate. But she was the Princess of Friendship, and she was somewhat more optimistic about establishing good relationships.

The trouble was just communicating. Very likely the visitors did not know the Equestrian tongue, and even pictures might run into a cultural barrier. She then remembered one story of an encounter that would have turned violent if one of the visitors didn't strike a friendship with a pony mathematician. Numbers and logical relations, therefore, were an option. She also remembered in many of the more recent stories, the visitors at least knew of radio technology, still a nascent field in Equestria with promising results coming from Manehattan.

With these in mind, she took a nearby candle, held it up in front of the green light, converted some of its infrared waves to radio waves, set them to the first fifty prime numbers, and directed them to the green light. She hoped, remembering another story, that her attempt at communication wouldn't end up crashing the ship. That would not be a good way to start a friendship.

Astro's shuttle was headed for Twilight's home, seeing how the energy signatures he was sent to investigate were coming from there, when it recieved a notification.

++RADIO WAVES DETECTED+++

Astro looked at the shuttle's interface and at the notification. Apparently, the natives, despite being quite inferior, still had knowledge of extremely low-frequency radiation and information transfer. He touched the holographic display of the notification and it displayed the order in which the waves were sent. Astro, being a scientist, quickly realized that the radio waves were aligned to resemble the first fifty prime numbers, meaning he was noticed, and that someone, or something, was trying to communicate.

Astro wasted not a single moment as he sped towards Twilight's house. When he got there, he turned off his lights and activated the landing lights, which were much less brighter, but stil bright enough to make someone think it was one of those flying saucers from human fiction landing on the pony planet, and not a Geth shuttle.

Astro aligned his shuttle's nose to touch the deck of Twilight's observatory. He then proceeded to open the cockpit, and exit it. He was now standing right in front of Twilight, looking down at her. She was quite small, smaller than he thought she would be.
Last edited by The Void Pact on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:51 pm

The Void Pact wrote:...Astro aligned his shuttle's nose to touch the deck of Twilight's observatory. He then proceeded to open the cockpit, and exit it. He was now standing right in front of Twilight, looking down at her. She was quite small, smaller than he thought she would be.

Twilight was quite surprised that there was a response so quickly. She stepped back upon the shuttle moving onto the platform near the observatory. The strange, sleek shuttle looked quite precarious with the nose just touching the deck, but it looked stable enough.

She then looked up at the visitor that came to her. It was a tall, bipedal figure, noticeably taller than Princess Celestia, with black, wiry arms and a torso coated in some sort of metallic but flexible material,bounded with bluish black tubes. Most striking, of course, was the head--it had no mouth, nose, or even eyes in the conventional sense, but a single bright blue light, like a flashlight. It was strikingly different than anything in Equestria, and even from the minds of those speculative fiction authors. The height alone almost seemed to dominate her. Fortunately, this new being seemed peaceful enough, and seemed genuinely curious about her.

Though she didn't have any confidence that this being would understand her language, her desire for friendship overcame her fears and inhibitions, with a little difficulty. "Good evening... sir," she said tentatively. Her voice then lilted up a little. "Welcome to Equestria! I am Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship. Who are you?"

The Void Pact
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Pact » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:53 am

Frenequesta wrote:Twilight was quite surprised that there was a response so quickly. She stepped back upon the shuttle moving onto the platform near the observatory. The strange, sleek shuttle looked quite precarious with the nose just touching the deck, but it looked stable enough.

She then looked up at the visitor that came to her. It was a tall, bipedal figure, noticeably taller than Princess Celestia, with black, wiry arms and a torso coated in some sort of metallic but flexible material,bounded with bluish black tubes. Most striking, of course, was the head--it had no mouth, nose, or even eyes in the conventional sense, but a single bright blue light, like a flashlight. It was strikingly different than anything in Equestria, and even from the minds of those speculative fiction authors. The height alone almost seemed to dominate her. Fortunately, this new being seemed peaceful enough, and seemed genuinely curious about her.

Though she didn't have any confidence that this being would understand her language, her desire for friendship overcame her fears and inhibitions, with a little difficulty. "Good evening... sir," she said tentatively. Her voice then lilted up a little. "Welcome to Equestria! I am Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship. Who are you?"

Astro was a bit surprised when the creature spoke, but he didn't show it. He didn't know they spoke English, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that he establish communications.

-"Greetings, alien. I am G-Unit-65b, but you can call me Astro. I was sent here by my superiors to investigate an energy signature, which seems to be..."

He held a small device up.

-"You."

New Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Equestria » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:18 pm

"Sir! Incoming transmission!"
Commander Sol walked over to his communications officer.
"Aye. Patch 'em through."
The small communications table glowed and hummed to life as a hologram was projected from below. It was the Admiral of the 16th Fleet, relaying orders for Sol to detach his reconnaissance force on an emergency mission. He was to search for an Interdictor Class Star Destroyer, which had mysteriously warped into unknown space after sustaining damage in a surprise rebel attack. Sol saluted the Admiral, and moved his force into position for a jump. In hyperspace, they locked onto a faint distress signal believed to be coming from the Interdictor. The made several subsequent jumps to the location, before warping into space above a strange and mysterious planet.
"Force. Loose search pattern." Sol then gathered the contingent of Imperial troopers he had on his ship, got into the small boarding shuttle it carried, and went down to the planet.

OOC: Someone else can put me arriving or something in their story. I don't care. I'm going to end here, so please don't wait for me or anything, haha.
INTP Personality
Owner of... | Gracefield Shipyard | Imperial Armoury Company | East Imperial Company |
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Conservative

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:55 am

The Void Pact wrote:Astro was a bit surprised when the creature spoke, but he didn't show it. He didn't know they spoke English, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that he establish communications.

-"Greetings, alien. I am G-Unit-65b, but you can call me Astro. I was sent here by my superiors to investigate an energy signature, which seems to be..."

-"You."

Twilight became ever more puzzled over this being. "Well, energy is all around, of course. I'm guessing you're most interested in what we call 'magic.' It's sort of a property that permeates our planet, and my species--ponies--regularly exploit it one way or another. I am very talented at magic myself, if it's my energy signature in particular that interests you."

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:16 pm

The Enterprise arrived in orbit of the planet.

-"Full stop, Mr. Crusher."

-"Understood. Engaging full stop."

Data then said:
-"Captain, sensor indicate the existence of a pre-warp civilization on the planet."

Riker asked:
-"What sort of technology do they use?"

Data responded:
-"They seem to posses technology similar to that of early 21st Century Earth."

Picard asked:
-"How close would you say they are to achieving warp travel?"

-"According to my scans, they do not seem to show any interest in outer space. In fact, if I were to create a computer simulation of this species' technological progress, the result would probably be that the creatures have stayed within the confines of their world for... all eternity."

Picard straightened himself, still processing what his android crew member just said.

-"Are you saying, Mr. Data, that unless we introduce ourselves to these beings, they would never reach the stars?"

-"I believe it so, sir."

For a moment, there was silence on the bridge. Then, Jean-Luc spoke.
-"Well then, it seem as if either fate or whatever or whoever is in charge of the universe has brought us here to do one thing. Commander Riker, assemble your away team and prepare to beam down."

-"Aye, sir. Data, Worf, you're with me."

With that said, the android and the Klingon followed the First Officer, while other crew members took their positions. The away team arrived to Transporter Room 2, where O'Brien greeted them.
-"Establishing first contact, eh?"

-"Indeed, O'Brien."

Riker, Data and Worf stood on the transporter platform, where the Captain's Number One said:
-"Energize."

Shining blue light surrounded them, making them dissapear. They rematerialized in front of Twilight's home. Riker pressed his badge and spoke:
-"Riker to Bridge."

-"Picard here."

-"We have arrived in front of some sort of... treehouse."

-"Oh, really?"

-"Yes, and there seems to be a... shuttlecraft docked on the deck. We will try to enter the house."

-"Understood, Number One. Should you encounter resistance, prepare for immediate transportation."
Last edited by Treskovia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Anthem

The Void Pact
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Pact » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
The Void Pact wrote:Astro was a bit surprised when the creature spoke, but he didn't show it. He didn't know they spoke English, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that he establish communications.

-"You."

Twilight became ever more puzzled over this being. "Well, energy is all around, of course. I'm guessing you're most interested in what we call 'magic.' It's sort of a property that permeates our planet, and my species--ponies--regularly exploit it one way or another. I am very talented at magic myself, if it's my energy signature in particular that interests you."

Astro responded:
-"Fascinating. Would you mind a demonstration?"

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 am

The Void Pact wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:Twilight became ever more puzzled over this being. "Well, energy is all around, of course. I'm guessing you're most interested in what we call 'magic.' It's sort of a property that permeates our planet, and my species--ponies--regularly exploit it one way or another. I am very talented at magic myself, if it's my energy signature in particular that interests you."

Astro responded:
-"Fascinating. Would you mind a demonstration?"

Twilight thought about what would be a good demonstration. There were so many spells she knew that it was too hard to choose just one. Converting the candlelight to radio waves was certainly good enough, but of course Astro didn't know that was how she did it. But explanations weren't demonstrations, so she decided on teleportation.

In a magenta flash she disappeared and shortly reappeared on top of Astro's craft. "Up here!" she called, looking down towards Astro. Out of the corner of her eye she spied three more strange beings in front of the castle. All of them were bipedal but had somewhat more normal faces than Astro. One had a short brown beard and a light peach skin, another had a very pale yellow skin, and another had brown skin and a forehead with many chevron-patterned wrinkles. They all had similar clothes too--likely uniforms of sorts, one with red on the chest and torso and the other two with yellow, with black shoulders and pants. Unlike Astro, they had no craft nearby, so she wondered how they got there.

She wanted to address the new beings as well, so she opted for another magical demonstration--voice amplification. "Hold on for a minute, I've got another for you," she said to Astro. and gave a glow from her horn that released a small white light that moved to her neck and seemed to disappear in it. "Hello down there! I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle. Who are you and what brings you here?"
Last edited by Frenequesta on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 am

Frenequesta wrote:She wanted to address the new beings as well, so she opted for another magical demonstration--voice amplification. "Hold on for a minute, I've got another for you," she said to Astro. and gave a glow from her horn that released a small white light that moved to her neck and seemed to disappear in it. "Hello down there! I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle. Who are you and what brings you here?"

The trio looked up the treehouse and saw a purple quadraped standing on the shuttle. Riker said:
-"I am Commander Riker of the USS Enterprise. This here is Lieutenant Data, and this is Lieutenant Worf. We represent the United Federation of Planets. Could you come down so we can have a proper discussion?"
National Anthem

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:33 am

Treskovia wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:She wanted to address the new beings as well, so she opted for another magical demonstration--voice amplification. "Hold on for a minute, I've got another for you," she said to Astro. and gave a glow from her horn that released a small white light that moved to her neck and seemed to disappear in it. "Hello down there! I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle. Who are you and what brings you here?"

The trio looked up the treehouse and saw a purple quadraped standing on the shuttle. Riker said:
-"I am Commander Riker of the USS Enterprise. This here is Lieutenant Data, and this is Lieutenant Worf. We represent the United Federation of Planets. Could you come down so we can have a proper discussion?"

Twilight could barely make out what Riker said. Nodding, she cancelled the voice amplification spell and teleported in front of the three.

"Pleased to meet you, sirs. It's curious for you to have come by when I have another visitor from the stars up at my observatory. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:48 am

Frenequesta wrote:
Treskovia wrote:The trio looked up the treehouse and saw a purple quadraped standing on the shuttle. Riker said:

Twilight could barely make out what Riker said. Nodding, she cancelled the voice amplification spell and teleported in front of the three.

"Pleased to meet you, sirs. It's curious for you to have come by when I have another visitor from the stars up at my observatory. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

The group jumped a bit when the mysterious creature teleported infront of them. Data said:
-"Sir, I am not detecting any devices that could have teleported her."

Worf asked Twilight:
-"How did you do that?"
Last edited by Treskovia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem

The Void Pact
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Pact » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 am

Astro looked down to where Twilight was looking, and saw a human, a synthetic, and an unknown species of alien. Twilight then suddenly teleported down to them.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Treskovia wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:Twilight could barely make out what Riker said. Nodding, she cancelled the voice amplification spell and teleported in front of the three.

The group jumped a bit when the mysterious creature teleported infront of them. Data said:
-"Sir, I a not detecting any devices that could have teleported her."

Worf asked Twilight:
-"How did you do that?"

Twilight tried to find the right words. These beings apparently teleported down to the planet through a machine rather than some organic property. Her explanations, if not carefully worded, could seem incredible. "It's a little hard to explain in just a few sentences. Basically, I am able to channel some of this invisible catalyst that is diffused all over the planet and concentrate it around me. Then, I translate a series of steps that, in theory, should cause me to disappear into another dimension and reappear into another place in this dimension into energy waves, and I apply those energy waves to the concentrated catalyst. If I do it right, it will place me where I want to go."

"We call things like self-teleportation 'magic' around here. Everypony is able to channel the catalyst in some way or another, but most can only do it in a very limited set of actions. I'm specially trained in magic so I can do a lot more than most. Less than a third of us--unicorns and alicorns--are able to actually perform magic that isn't inherent in them. It takes a horn on one's head to be able to do that. Even then, most unicorns only learn a couple of spells that relate to their talents."

"We also have what we call 'earth ponies,' whose magic tends to be an ability to grow crops more efficiently or move great weights easily. Then there are the pegasi--their magic has to do with flying with wings that ordinary physics would not predict could support flight, and manipulating the weather--namely clouds, rain, and wind--the sun is the purview of Princess Celestia. She is an alicorn like me--we can potentially do all the magic of earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns, but we can't use it to dominate everyone." She finally stopped, realizing that she went off a tangent. She loved explaining things to others, and sometimes she would give more than the other needed.

Treskovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Treskovia » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
Treskovia wrote:The group jumped a bit when the mysterious creature teleported infront of them. Data said:
-"Sir, I a not detecting any devices that could have teleported her."

Worf asked Twilight:
-"How did you do that?"

Twilight tried to find the right words. These beings apparently teleported down to the planet through a machine rather than some organic property. Her explanations, if not carefully worded, could seem incredible. "It's a little hard to explain in just a few sentences. Basically, I am able to channel some of this invisible catalyst that is diffused all over the planet and concentrate it around me. Then, I translate a series of steps that, in theory, should cause me to disappear into another dimension and reappear into another place in this dimension into energy waves, and I apply those energy waves to the concentrated catalyst. If I do it right, it will place me where I want to go."

"We call things like self-teleportation 'magic' around here. Everypony is able to channel the catalyst in some way or another, but most can only do it in a very limited set of actions. I'm specially trained in magic so I can do a lot more than most. Less than a third of us--unicorns and alicorns--are able to actually perform magic that isn't inherent in them. It takes a horn on one's head to be able to do that. Even then, most unicorns only learn a couple of spells that relate to their talents."

"We also have what we call 'earth ponies,' whose magic tends to be an ability to grow crops more efficiently or move great weights easily. Then there are the pegasi--their magic has to do with flying with wings that ordinary physics would not predict could support flight, and manipulating the weather--namely clouds, rain, and wind--the sun is the purview of Princess Celestia. She is an alicorn like me--we can potentially do all the magic of earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns, but we can't use it to dominate everyone." She finally stopped, realizing that she went off a tangent. She loved explaining things to others, and sometimes she would give more than the other needed.

The trio stared at Twilight with unbelief. Everything she had just explained, every detail, stood in defiance of everything science-wise the Federation stood for. Then, a mechanical voice came from Rikers badge.

-"Picard to Riker."

Riker pressed it.
-"Riker here."

-"I have been listening to what the creature said, and am interested in bringing her onboard the Enterprise."

-"Understood. Riker out."

Riker then looked right at Twilight.
-"Well, Princess Twilight, we would like to ask you if you would like to come onboard our ship for discussion with the captain."
Last edited by Treskovia on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse