NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] General assembly improvement resolution

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Unified district of Lancaster
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Draft] General assembly improvement resolution

Postby Unified district of Lancaster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 am

This resolution calls on General Assembly to recognize the inherent dignity, equality and inalienable rights of all Nations and its citizens and to act upon these beliefs.

Reaffirming each nations sovereignty

Noting with Dissatisfaction the past efforts of various relevant bodies and resolutions on liberation and condemnation of nations.

Stressing the fact that Each member has the right to propose resolutions to take on issues plaguing fellow nations.

Encourages all Nations to seek input from fellow nations especially those in distress before proposing resolutions on their behalf.

Requests that the General assembly explore a way to limit resolutions that may hinder nations and leave them defenseless; without a legitimate duly appointed representative to act on the best interest of said nations.

Calls for the development of a comittee to explore how to best achieve this goal.

Stresses the continuing need for impartial and objective resolutions to be proposed on behalf of all nations in issues affecting all.

Calls upon nations to act on this expeditiously to better protect our member nations and preserve the original purpose of this body.
Last edited by Unified district of Lancaster on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 am

OOC: While it's unlikely there is any way to make this proposal legal - "meta" proposals about the WA itself are generally not legal - this does appear to contain some plagiarized text so you should be especially careful of submitting as that can lead to ejection from the WA.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Unified district of Lancaster
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified district of Lancaster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:13 am

What I basically am aiming for a proclamation to have the General assembly on record noting that a problem exists and it not being overlooked. I would like to find a way to make this legal. I am open for suggestions on language.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:37 am

Unified district of Lancaster wrote:What I basically am aiming for a proclamation to have the General assembly on record noting that a problem exists and it not being overlooked. I would like to find a way to make this legal. I am open for suggestions on language.

"Ambassador, what problem are you ultimately trying to tackle? The intrusion of national sovereignty? Restrictive legal requirements? This isn't terribly clear."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:39 am

Unified district of Lancaster wrote:What I basically am aiming for a proclamation to have the General assembly on record noting that a problem exists and it not being overlooked. I would like to find a way to make this legal. I am open for suggestions on language.

OOC: The WA has no power to issue "proclamations" of this nature: it can only act through resolutions that have direct effects on member nations. It's unlikely there is any way of making a "meta" resolution like this legal. It's certain there's no way of doing so while it contains plagiarized language.

The mentions of "liberation" and "condemnation" resolutions make me think your issue is with the Security Council, which isn't - or at least, up until very recently wasn't - relevant here.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Gruenberg wrote:The mentions of "liberation" and "condemnation" resolutions make me think your issue is with the Security Council, which isn't - or at least, up until very recently wasn't - relevant here.

OOC: I would say mentioning the liberations and commend/condemn things would count as rules violations, even if mentioning SC wasn't (I still think it is and won't believe otherwise unless Max says it's so :P).
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:30 am

Can't be done. It's a dirty little secret in the GA that "resolutions" aren't really "resolutions" at all. I mean resolutions make things like "International Day of the Well Written Resolution." But GA "Resolutions" actually create law in member nations. So if it can't make national law, it can't be a resolution (the no committee only rule). If you can't find a category / strength it can't be a resolution either.

Yes I know we had the "Read the Resolution Act" but that was borderline at best and probably wouldn't survive had it been presented today, nearly 6 years later.
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly