NATION

PASSWORD

[REJECTED] Pink Fever!?!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Chricoma
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

[REJECTED] Pink Fever!?!

Postby Chricoma » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:43 am

Name: Pink Fever!?!?

Description: After medical tests scientists find a new pandemic of Longaveronomenmorbus or Pink Fever which causes an incredibly pink tinge appear in the skin and major vomiting, making its way out in @@NAME@@! Your Citizens come for your wisdom!

Validity: Avoid wealthy nations, Avoid nations without capitol city, avoid nations without religion

Options: [option]"I think the most reasonable idea is to blame the medical industry make them pay their fair share!" says very angry internet ranter @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "For too long have these fat cat medicine CEOs been making money off of our ill health while not curing us! We need to force these companies to pay their fair share in more taxes and actually cure us."
[effect]The medicine industry is taxed more than any other industry in @@NAME@@, in other news a huge pandemic still wipes across @@NAME@@
[stats]health decreases, public healthcare decreases, economy decreases, insurance decreases, wealth gaps decreases, lifespan increases, taxation increases

[option]"Now, Now let's calm down, we don't need to start taxing the medicine industry and run this economy into the ground." says Gastroenterology and famed television personality @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ "What we need to do our research more thoroughly we just need a few more @@CURRENCY@@s while that will raise taxes a little but we are helping people; it has nothing to do with us not wanting to cure people we just don't have the money."
[effect]Most tax money goes to the medicine industry
[stats]health increases, public healthcare increases, insurance increases, taxation increases, wealth gaps increases, lifespan increases, economy decreases, freedom from taxation decreases

[option]"Listen to all of these idiots." says local @@CAPITOL@@ preacher @@RANDOM NAME@@ of the ""@@CAPITAL@@ @@FAITH@@ Church of @@FAITH@@iness"", "We need to bring God back into the medical practice, that is why everyone is sick from this new pandemic we have so many sinners, it is punishment from above; from GOD, we need to give preachers medical licenses so they can heal people with the power of God. Amen"
[effect]Churches are seen as a good alternative to Hospitals.
[stats]spirituality increases, health decreases, public healthcare decreases, insurance increases, lifespan decreases, godlessness decreases, Primitiveness increases, intelligence decreases.

[option]"Okay sir with all due respect i'm the only actual government official here, actually how did these people get in here" says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ your trusted and totally not crazy Minister of Defense, "The best way to contain this situation is by killing the infected then burn the bodies, therefore the disease can no longer spread I say it is a great idea and I believe it is more humane to end these people's suffering with a bullet to the head." he says as he smokes his incredibly large cigar "You remember when this disease hit Maxtopia? Didn't end well for them now did it."
[effect]People who show a pink tinge in their face are often shot and killed for having an infectious disease.
[stats]civil rights decreases, lifespan decreases, law enforcement increases, defense forces increases, death rate increases, corruption increases, charmlessness should also increases i think, maybe health would increase

Description: After medical tests scientists find a new pandemic making its way out in @@NAME@@! Your Citizens come for your wisdom!

Validity: Avoid nations without capitol city, avoid nations without religion

Options: [option]"I think the most reasonable idea is to blame the medical industry make them pay their fair share!" says very angry internet ranter @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "For too long have these fat cat medicine CEOs been making money off of our ill health while not curing us! We need to force these companies to pay their fair share and actually cure us."
[effect]The medicine industry is taxed more than any other industry in @@NAME@@.
[stats]health increases, public healthcare decreases, economy decreases, insurance decreases, wealth gaps decreases, lifespan increases

[option]"Now, Now let's calm down, we don't need to start taxing the medicine industry and run this economy into the ground." says Gastroenterology and famed television personality @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ "What we need to do our research more thoroughly we just need a few more @@CURRENCY@@s while that will raise taxes a little but we are helping people; it has nothing to do with us not wanting to cure people we just don't have the money."
[stats]health increases, public healthcare increases, insurance increases, taxation increases, wealth gaps increases, lifespan increases, economy decreases, freedom from taxation decreases

[option]"Listen to all of these idiots." says local @@CAPITOL@@ preacher @@RANDOM NAME@@ of the ""@@CAPITAL@@ @@FAITH@@ Church of @@FAITH@@iness"", "We need to bring God back into the medical practice, that is why everyone is sick from this new pandemic we have so many sinners, it is punishment from above; from GOD, we need to give preachers medical licenses so they can heal people with the power of God. Amen"
[stats]spirituality increases, health decreases, public healthcare decreases, insurance increases, lifespan decreases, godlessness decreases, Primitiveness increases, intelligence decreases.

[option]"Okay sir with all due respect i'm the only actual government official here, actually how did these people get in here" says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ your trusted and totally not crazy Minister of Defense, "The best way to contain this situation is by killing the infected then burn the bodies, therefore the disease can no longer spread I say it is a great idea and I believe it is more humane to end these people's suffering with a bullet to the head." he says as he smokes his incredibly large cigar "You remember when this disease hit Maxtopia? Didn't end well for them now did it."
[effect]People who show a pink tinge in their face are often shot and killed for having an infectious disease.
[stats]civil rights decreases, lifespan decreases, law enforcement increases, defense forces increases, death rate increases, corruption increases, charmlessness should also increases i think, maybe health would increase

Description: After medical tests scientists find a new pandemic making its way out in @@NAME@@! Your Citizens come for your wisdom!

Validity: Not valid for nations with good healthcare, avoid nations without capitol city, avoid nations without religion

Options: [option]"I think the most reasonable idea is to blame the medical industry make them pay their fair share!" says very angry internet ranter @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "For too long have these fat cat medicine CEOs been making money off of our ill health while not curing us! We need to force these companies to pay their fair share and actually cure us."
[effect]The medicine industry is taxed more than any other industry in @@NAME@@.
[stats]health increases, public healthcare decreases, economy decreases, insurance decreases, wealth gaps decreases, lifespan increases

Validity: Not valid for nations with good healthcare, avoid nations without capitol city, avoid nations without religion

[option]"Now, Now let's calm down, we don't need to start taxing the medicine industry and run this economy into the ground." says Gastroenterology and famed television personality @@RANDOMNAME@@ "What we need to do our research more thoroughly we just need a few more @@CURRENCY@@s while that will raise taxes a little but we are helping people; it has nothing to do with us not wanting to cure people we just don't have the money."

Description: After medical tests scientists find a new pandemic making its way out in @@NAME@@!

Validity: Not valid for nations with good healthcare, avoid nations without capitol city

Options: [option]"I think the most reasonable idea is to blame the medical industry make them pay their fair share!" says very angry internet ranter @@RANDOMNAME@@, "For too long have these fat cat medicine CEOs been making money off of our ill health while not curing us! We need to force these companies to pay their fair share and actually cure us."

[option]"Now, Now let's calm down, we don't need to start taxing the medicine industry and run this economy into the ground." says Gastroenterology and famed television personality @@RANDOMNAME@@ "What we need to do our research more thoroughly we just need a few more @@CURRENCY@@s while that will raise taxes a little but we are helping people; it has nothing to do with us not wanting to cure people we just don't have the money."

[option]"Listen to all of these idiots." says local @@CAPITAL@@ preacher @@RANDOM NAME@@, "We need to bring God back into the medical practice, that is why everyone is sick from this new pandemic we have so many sinners, it is punishment from above; from GOD, we need to give preachers medical licenses so they can heal people with the power of God. Amen"
[stats]spirituality increases, health decreases, public healthcare decreases, insurance increases, lifespan decreases, godlessness decreases, Primitiveness increases, intelligence decreases

This is my first issue so some criticism would be appreciated and since i'm new to this do I have to get this draft approved by a game mod or admin before I can submit my issue, I don't want any errors of course.
Last edited by Chricoma on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
Violence is only justified when used against equal violence. If you ideology requires violence to establish it, you're wrong. I am a Roman Catholic, and I would consider myself economically liberal and very socially conservative. I am against any ideology that seeks to crush any person for any reason, and limit the potential of any person.

JOIN THE Official European Union
WE ARE A ROLEPLAY REGION!
BUT WE ALSO HAVE REGIONAL POLITICS AND A PARLIAMENT

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:40 pm

BUMP
Violence is only justified when used against equal violence. If you ideology requires violence to establish it, you're wrong. I am a Roman Catholic, and I would consider myself economically liberal and very socially conservative. I am against any ideology that seeks to crush any person for any reason, and limit the potential of any person.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Got Issues is a slower forum. There is no need to bump it after 6 hours. It takes some time for us regulars and the editors to read new drafts.
See You Space Cowboy...

Troperia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Troperia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:37 am

I don't know much about the medicine industry...but why isn't it valid for nations with good healthcare? Even good healthcare can't stop a new disease from entering your nation. Also, what about a fourth option, where your defense minister suggests that you kill the infected?

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:58 am

Troperia wrote:I don't know much about the medicine industry...but why isn't it valid for nations with good healthcare? Even good healthcare can't stop a new disease from entering your nation. Also, what about a fourth option, where your defense minister suggests that you kill the infected?

For validity I just thought there would have to be some people for this to not apply to but I don't know on that one I might change it in the next draft and I like the idea with killing infected I never would have thought of that but I feel it might be hard to pull off I don't want one that seems too rash while still keeping a comedic tone
Last edited by Chricoma on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:32 am

Chricoma wrote:
Troperia wrote:I don't know much about the medicine industry...but why isn't it valid for nations with good healthcare? Even good healthcare can't stop a new disease from entering your nation. Also, what about a fourth option, where your defense minister suggests that you kill the infected?

For validity I just thought there would have to be some people for this to not apply to but I don't know on that one I might change it in the next draft and I like the idea with killing infected I never would have thought of that but I feel it might be hard to pull off I don't want one that seems too rash while still keeping a comedic tone

Yeah, it's sort of morbid. Maybe instead of killing them, just deport them in some humorous manner? Ship them off to a modern day colony, perhaps. or go the route of tracing their family tree and sending them back where they came from, so to speak. It's still a bit of a mood-killer, but not quite "genocide".
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Chricoma wrote:

Yeah, it's sort of morbid. Maybe instead of killing them, just deport them in some humorous manner? Ship them off to a modern day colony, perhaps. or go the route of tracing their family tree and sending them back where they came from, so to speak. It's still a bit of a mood-killer, but not quite "genocide".

I like Troperia's idea of killing them because well there are probably some people who have incredibly sick dictatorships i'm split on this

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:44 pm

1.This should only be valid for poor nations, and/or those lacking quarantine
2. You failed to metion the word taxation in option 1
3. How does taxing pharmacies cure disease?
4. You may wish to list some symptoms of this disease, so that the effect for option 4 makes sense
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for the criticisms

I'm trying to find a way now to make the description flow instead being a bunch of words

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Here's an idea:

An epidemic is spreading throughout @@NAME@@! The disease, dubbed the "pink fever" by medical experts, causes a pink tinge to appear in the skin and major vomiting. Several concerned citizens have approached you about the virus.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

The Intergalactic Universe Corporation
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Universe Corporation » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Why would economy decrease for option 2?
Pro: Capitalism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Trump, Thatcherism, Reagan, Pinochet, Lee Kuan Yew, Republican Party, Conservative Party, USA, UK

Anti: Liberalism, Socialism, Communism, Mao, Marx, Hillary, Democratic Party, EU, DPRK, USSR
Class D4 Nation according to The Civilization Index
I'm a Proud Member of the DEUN! Are you?
I'm a proud member of LMTU. Are you?
Liberal Democrats: The Party of Common Sense! in the NSG Senate!

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.

OOC: I do not use NS Stats.
HoloNet News: Congress To Meet Next Monday | Public Sector Sees Slower Wage Growth In 2036 | Public Debt Expected To Reduce Again | Consumer Spending Up For Chinese New Year Season

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:23 pm

The Intergalactic Universe Corporation wrote:Why would economy decrease for option 2?

I thought of it like that because they're raising taxes I don't know i'm not really an economics expert i'm more confined to law
but I don't really put to much effort into my stats for the obvious reason they don't matter when being written into the draft

The Intergalactic Universe Corporation
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Universe Corporation » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Chricoma wrote:
The Intergalactic Universe Corporation wrote:Why would economy decrease for option 2?

I thought of it like that because they're raising taxes I don't know i'm not really an economics expert i'm more confined to law
but I don't really put to much effort into my stats for the obvious reason they don't matter when being written into the draft

I think the economy shouldn't be impacted.
Pro: Capitalism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Trump, Thatcherism, Reagan, Pinochet, Lee Kuan Yew, Republican Party, Conservative Party, USA, UK

Anti: Liberalism, Socialism, Communism, Mao, Marx, Hillary, Democratic Party, EU, DPRK, USSR
Class D4 Nation according to The Civilization Index
I'm a Proud Member of the DEUN! Are you?
I'm a proud member of LMTU. Are you?
Liberal Democrats: The Party of Common Sense! in the NSG Senate!

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.

OOC: I do not use NS Stats.
HoloNet News: Congress To Meet Next Monday | Public Sector Sees Slower Wage Growth In 2036 | Public Debt Expected To Reduce Again | Consumer Spending Up For Chinese New Year Season

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Leppikania wrote:Here's an idea:

An epidemic is spreading throughout @@NAME@@! The disease, dubbed the "pink fever" by medical experts, causes a pink tinge to appear in the skin and major vomiting. Several concerned citizens have approached you about the virus.

I love this idea

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Wait a minute, people can die fro vommiting?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Chricoma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Wait a minute, people can die fro vomiting?

Yes there are a lot of diseases that kill people through vomiting but it isn't the most efficient

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Apologies for getting late to this. Submission rejected, but lets see if its recoverable.

Description: After medical tests scientists find a new pandemic of Longaveronomenmorbus or Pink Fever which causes an incredibly pink tinge appear in the skin and major vomiting, making its way out in @@NAME@@! Your Citizens come for your wisdom!

There's a couple of disease outbreak issues already in the base: 107 and 168. The first one is about drug manufafcture, the second about AIDS.

I'm not sure what this one is about, but the basic premise seems kind of random. Can you explain the target of the satire?

Validity: Avoid wealthy nations, Avoid nations without capitol city, avoid nations without religion

Why these validities?

[option]"I think the most reasonable idea is to blame the medical industry make them pay their fair share!" says very angry internet ranter @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "For too long have these fat cat medicine CEOs been making money off of our ill health while not curing us! We need to force these companies to pay their fair share in more taxes and actually cure us."
[effect]The medicine industry is taxed more than any other industry in @@NAME@@, in other news a huge pandemic still wipes across @@NAME@@

Grammar fail in the first sentence: it makes no sense. More importantly, there's no narrative sense here. There's a disease outbreak and we're blaming the medical industry? How? Why? By what mechanism? Where's the flow of the story here?

English language fail on multiple levels. The colloquialism "now, now" needs to be used carefully in writing, to make sure the sentence flows right. I'd suggest: "Now, now - let's calm down. We don't need to..."
Gastroenterology is a medical specialty, not a person.
Most importantly though, this option is again just bloody terrible. Bad grammar and poor command of language can be corrected, but a lack of good and funny ideas is irreparable.

By this stage, I've basically given up reading the issue.

So let's wind it back, take it back to basics.

First off, get a solid premise. Identify the actual issue. The disease epidemic is not the issue, its simply the framing situation. The issue is the question being asked of the player. What's the big underlying question? Then, what are the possible answers?

For example, in #107, it's "How should drugs be distributed?" The answers offered are then: 1) Big Pharma does it for profit. 2) The State does it for maximum fairness. 3) We don't need drugs.
I mean actually, its not the best issue, By today's standards not really a good enough issue at all. But it starts with a good question, and that's what issues need.

Satire is good too, though this doesn't have to be the issue's source of humour. Sometimes its enough to hold up a warped mirror to the real world, and to get the NS reflection.

Pink Fever, though? It means nothing.

So, wind it back to the basics, and start with the core premise, then we can work up from there. What is the question?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Good luck!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Listen to Candlewhisper's advice for this one. He's a doctor
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Humanist Science
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby A Humanist Science » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:09 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Pink Fever, though? It means nothing.

I'd go with O'Hara's Fever. Symptoms include blotchy skin and excess Wind.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:51 pm

A Humanist Science wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Pink Fever, though? It means nothing.

Ha! That's good.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Gnejs wrote:
A Humanist Science wrote:

Ha! That's good.

I still don't see how they cause death

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 am

Australian Republic wrote:
Gnejs wrote:Ha! That's good.

I still don't see how they cause death

It's a joke. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:I still don't see how they cause death

It's a joke. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind.

Oh!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?