NATION

PASSWORD

Gift of the Forbidden (IC|CLOSED for now)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Gift of the Forbidden (IC|CLOSED for now)

Postby Abserdia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Laelynn Vinge, or Adelaide Brigham
Lustful Raven Inn

Laelynn was snug in her bed as the sun rose. Even though she was awake, and knew that she should probably get up soon, she was still balled up beneath the blanket.
It was just... so comfortable.
But all good things must eventually come to an end.
She groggily stood up and left her room.

Laelynn, or should I say Addy, lived in the inn herself. It was cheap, rather comfortable, and the innkeeper was perfectly fine with it, as she kept the guests entertained with her music nearly all day. That's also how she got money. The innkeeper paid her enough to get by, and she got tips from the people she played to.

Outside of the room was a large hall with a large dining table in the middle. The guests were having breakfast right now and speaking to each other with jolly smiles.
Some of them lived in this town for many years, others were new to Valos and were just stopping by.
Anyways, the inn was filled with cheerful adventurers and exciting stories being shared with one another over plates of eggs and sausages.

'Adelaide' got her own plate and sat down at the edge of the table.

Beatrice Beckham
Just outside of Valos

The Hunters were approaching the town on foot.
Beatrice was quiet and looking forward. They were very close, just a few minutes and they'd be inside the town.

The other Hunters seemed mostly fine. But Dietrich... he seemed off, to Beatrice.
His mask, his demeanor... it was just strange. She didn't know how to put it, really.
She didn't know him much, but she already didn't like him.

Valos is the only settlement for miles, and as such travelers often stop by when venturing east of Kulias. The architecture is mostly Victorian, apart from a few old Georgian-esque houses. The inn and church are both Victorian, and the roads are paved with setts.
There's also a dock in the north on the river that regularly greets new ships.

The church is located in the center. The inn is south of it, near the edge of the town.
Last edited by Abserdia on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:50 pm

She hadn't slept more than a few hours the night before.

Then again, she hadn't slept more than a few hours a night for over a decade. Nightmares were annoying like that. Yeah, well, there wasn't anything she could do about them short of carving her own brain out of her skull, an idea that had grown more appealing the longer she'd lived--no, that wasn't the right word. 'Survived' would be more appropriate. Yes, that was much better. Anyone who said she had been living at any time even remotely recently was a liar, or an idiot. They were both quite plausible.

She blinked, clearing her vision enough to read the sign of a building nearby. The Lustful Raven. It didn't sound very attractive.

What was the point of her being there? Honestly, she didn't know. She didn't know what her reasons were for most things these days. She just sort of... drifted. She didn't have anything better to do.

Well, at least today was another day closer to her inexorably approaching death.

If there was nothing else to be grateful for, there was that.
Her eyes blinked open, and she brushed a few strands of black hair out of her eyes, standing up and stretching her lithe body. She looked into the mirror in her room, smiled sweetly at herself, and then spent a few minutes getting dressed--in black--and taming her insanely voluminous hair. Tying a black ribbon around her neck and putting on black gloves sufficed to hide her marks from the world, and with that, she was ready to face the day.

Perhaps, among the other guests at the Lustful Raven--what a name, she thought wryly--she might find someone interesting to entertain herself with. Leaving her room and arriving in the dining hall, she received her own breakfast and began to look around covertly, charcoal eyes darting from person to person, reading a few fears, wondering who she could have the most fun with.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Dawn didn't enjoy being in crowded towns and for good reason.

Pride of the World, second to none in equality.
Complete Horseshit. There can be as much equality as you want, at the end of the day there are still assholes who'll grab your ass. I Doesn't matter if you are Mr.Macho Man; nobody likes you grabbing their ads in the middle of the street.

She sighed. There wasn't any cure for insufferable assholes, except for a boot in the ass and a knife to the throat. Ethan might argue against that, but he would've simply suggested a really good asswhooping instead.

She rubbed her eyes. There wasn't any use in thinking of the dead especially when she needed to focus on not getting pickpocketed. Life was tough in the slums and as much as those fancy metal machines may try, they would never replace a broke guy with nothing else to do but try and not get his arms cut off when the press jammed.

She walked into a random hotel. There wasn't anything else to do but try and sleep. The inn didn't look too bad but there was no use making assumptions. She'd set up her traps nonetheless, and fall half asleep. And then some assholes grabbed her ass.

Thwack

Brasshhh

Glass tickled down to the ground.

Glass mugs? Fuck must be rich.

The two twits on either side of the unconscious twit stood up.

"What the fuck was that bitch?"

"I don't like assholes grabbing my ass. There's only room for one in my pants."

Tweedlefuck glared at her. "You fucking lying bitch. We're perfectly good citizens. But when people fuck... Blurch"

She stepped back and drew her blade. The twit had pulled out his knife. She glanced at the owner. He shrugged and went back to polishing glasses. "Just clean up after yourself." He muttered loudly.

Tweedleshit didn't seem sure as to what to do.

Dawn sighed again. She doubted that she'd be able to sleep here tonight.
Last edited by Legato Venari on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits.

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

Charlia wrote:...I may never sleep again.

This nation is known as the search for that third facking Karma bar.
This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Roles Reversed
Just outside of Valos

The morning sun had not yet reached its perch, and therefore it stood in darkness. It watched the glowing orb slowly rise over the mountains momentarily before shifting its burning eyes below. Something else was far more interesting than the sunrise. A gathering of individuals just outside of the town's limits. They walked silently and quickly, each one turning to look at the other occasionally. Armed to the teeth, they seemed to be purpose-driven. There was something inside the town that interested them. Efreeti concluded rather quickly they were Hunters. He had seen the traces of Marks on several individuals within the town, and so this pack of killers must have picked up the scent.

If Efreeti could smile, he would. Vanishing into thin air, he traveled through the nothingness for a moment before appearing again on a rooftop directly within the Hunter's line of sight. There he stood for a few moments, simply watching them, taking in their facial features. One was young, and blonde, she seemed to lead the pack. Another donned a mask, and walked with a certain unnerving manner. A third's face was hidden by the shadow of the forest, and Efreeti was sure there were more. He let himself be exposed for the next few seconds, waiting for the morning sun to reach him. As it touched him, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Johan would be pleased.

Johan Varester
The Lustful Raven, Valos
Early Morning

Johan had been eating breakfast for a while now. Well, not really. He had finished his plate some half hour ago, but he had been watching the sleepy town of Valos from his window seat in the dining hall. The sun slowly crept across the courtyard and the rest of the town, seeming to draw the citizens out with it. It wasn't long before certain parts of the city would be buzzing with activity. It was what he was hoping to avoid when he confronted the Hunters. A crowd plus tight streets was the perfect recipe for collateral damage, and Johan wanted this to be a quiet hit. Grunting, he pushed his plate away, and looked around at the inn. Some girl had just broken a glass over some poor sap's head, and was about to have her way with his two buddies.

So much for maintaining a low profile.

"Now why would you waste a perfectly good glass on such a worthless fellow?" Johan asked, pushing himself away from the table and getting up, approaching the trio in awkward standoff. The innkeeper didn't seem to care in the slightest, which actually made Johan's job easier. Looking at the girl and smiling, he stepped between her and the two idiots she was about to impale. Turning to the pair, whose companion was unconscious on the floor, he sighed.

"Listen, I was eating breakfast over there and you," Johan said, pointing to the two men, "Disturbed it. I don't really like disturbances. This girl seems nice enough, so why bother her?" He asked, placing a hand on the hilt of his own weapon. He was about to continue when a voice like burning grinding together echoed in his head.

They come.

Johan stopped with his mouth wide-open, about to start another sentence. Instead, he smiled. Tossing the men a small bag of coins to pay for their trouble, he turned to the girl. The angry glint in her eyes suggested she was about to make mystery meat of both of the men only moments earlier.

"Would you care for another glass to replace the one you had to lodge in that man's head?" He asked, flashing another smile. The glint of a silver tooth shone where his canine should be.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:22 pm

The Lustful Raven Inn

Morning came like the rays of golden light through the window. The thin, patchy curtains failed to filter out the rays of warm, numinous light that penetrated and permeated the dusty room, like an ethereal water filling a chalice.

The first one to rise from his slumber was Aruen. The night before, he and the old grandpa had taken a detour from their original westward trail; as night slowly fell, a storm had brewed up furthur down the road to their original destination; travelling through it wasn't the best of ideas. Not when one out of two members of the team was almost an invalid.

They had found the inn quite by chance; upon entering the town, the two had simply wandered about till they found good lodging.

Anything goes when you've been on the run for 5 years. Or, for that matter, 64 years.

Aruen had a vague idea of the rough time then courtesy of his biological clock; telling by the way the sunlight entered the room, it was still rather early. In any case, there was no hurry to rush anywhere that day.

Beside him, in the other super single bed, lay the figure of Holmir, fast asleep. With each uneven breath the old man took, his mouth, lined with wrinkled and the pen strokes of nearly eight decades, would open slightly larger, a soft rumbling noise escaping. His chest would rise slowly and drop back sharply, and then the cycle repeated.

The night before, sleep had evaded both Holmir and Aruen. Despite their fatigue from two days of nonstop travelling and one night spent in the bushes on the side of the road, neither of them could fall into slumber the night before. Perhaps it was the twisted adrenaline that had kept them on the road, away from their invisible pursuers; in any case, both the young one and the old one had no power over themselves. A night of tossing and turning was their lot.

And yet, Aruen felt surprisingly refreshed in the morning, as if everything he had endured up till then had dissolved in the numinous sunlight of the gentle morning.

Holmir, on the other hand, was still asleep.

Pen in hand, Aruen quietly wrote a note.

I'm going down for breakfast. I'll bring something up for you. -Aruen

"Breakfast."

The old man turned in the bed, his pillow falling off the side of the bed. He stretched, and consciousness returned to him.

"Ah, Gramps", Aruen said, smiling gently. "You're awake."

"Mornin'."

Holmir was a man of few words.

"Going down for breakfast?"

The old man slowly shifted himself to the edge of the bed.

As he got older and older, his golden hair turning into thin silver wires, and then finally fell to the earth, Holmir could slowly feel his appetite diminishing with each passing day. In his earlier years, two massive plates of boiled potatoes and meatballs with raspberry jam with a side dish of spicy bratwurst and sauerkraut hadn't been a problem for him. Now, even a single potato was all he could ingest before his belly told him to stop. This was clearly visible; once stocky and beefy, Holmir had slowly withered. One could still tell how muscular he had once been, but the strong man had lost, with his youth, much of his power.

But breakfast called nonetheless.

"Yes, yes", he said, reaching out and grabbing his walking stick. "I'll get changed first. You go down first."

"Okay."

With that, Aruen changed his shirt, brushed his short black hair with his hand, and walked outside.

---

Ah, sweet potatoes.

Aruen had had a craving for those things for about a week now. As luck would have it, a few were available for breakfast.

Stacking three juicy, slightly malformed sweet potatoes onto his plate, Aruen proceeded to take a sausage and what looked like a scone of some sort, before ambling over to a table and setting everything down.

Should be more than enough for both of us. I'm not very hungry anyway.

The boy looked around.

An interesting bunch, the guys who patronised this Inn. One couldn't help but wonder where they all came from. Perhaps some were vigilantes, taking a break from their self-imposed watchdog duties. Perhaps some were political prisoners, on the run from injustice. Maybe a few were Dragon slayers, having their last great meal before going up north to battle the great Seadragonus Giganticus Maximus that lurked beneath the roiling waters of the dark ocean...

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Aruen looked up.

Holmir had arrived.

"Well... Yes", said the boy, grinning a childlike grin, as Old Gramps slowly eased himself into his seat, eyeing the scone. "Eat up, Gramps!"

The food wasn't the best, but it certainly would do. They'd tasted better, but they'd also tasted much worse.

From elsewhere in the hall, the sound of an indistinct commotion rose up. Glasses were smashed, people were slashed, and the whole vicinity had been stimulated into a massively messy uproar. What exactly had happened, neither Holmir nor Aruen could tell. Some young lady had been manhandled, from the sound of it, ending with said manhandler being felled with shards of glass mutilating his face.

Aruen slowly turned his head back to his own table, while Holmir continued eating like nothing had happened. The boy made brief contact with the cute brunette girl at the adjacent table.

She's cute.

With a chuckle to dismiss the absurdity of the incident on the other side of the hall, Aruen flashed the girl a smile, before turning back to his food.
Last edited by Kaidou on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Dawn gave a half smile.
"I don't think you should be paying me. I caused the mess for one and I'm fairly sure that the glass is the host's."

She shook out her hair. "Either way I didn't need the assistance. I've dealt with enough dopes like these in my time...."

Tweedleshit got passed at that last comment. He drew his blade and quickly had hers in his nose. He blinked and froze.

"...and I'm fairly sure that I'm good for a few more."
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Legato Venari wrote:Dawn gave a half smile.
"I don't think you should be paying me. I caused the mess for one and I'm fairly sure that the glass is the host's."

She shook out her hair. "Either way I didn't need the assistance. I've dealt with enough dopes like these in my time...."

Tweedleshit got passed at that last comment. He drew his blade and quickly had hers in his nose. He blinked and froze.

Ah, now, here was something interesting. She looked up, black eyes glinting as she focused them on the girl and her targets.

"Well, well, well," she purred, her voice as silky as the ribbon around her neck. "This is certainly a fascinating watch. Why don't you move that knife up a little bit? I'd love to see that."

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Jonathan Maverick,
Valos

Jonathan was a very inconspicuous guy, when he wasn't hungry, but the problem was, when he was hungry, everyone and anyone could tell. Today was one of those days, his stomach was making an unholy sound as it complained about being empty, and Jonathan, well, he was miserable. He'd been on the run since the day he turned 13, and while he managed to stay alive, he wouldn't consider himself well fed. Well traveled, but not well fed. He arrived in Valos hoping to take a rest for a while, but when he walked into a tavern and saw a woman with her knife halfway up someones nose, he knew it wasn't going to happen. "Madame, let the man go, what ever he's done, I think you taught him enough of a lesson." He said in a tired, but very serious voice. "Plus, I don't want the atmosphere of this fine establishment to be ruined by blood on the floor and furniture."
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Charlia wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:Dawn gave a half smile.

Ah, now, here was something interesting. She looked up, black eyes glinting as she focused them on the girl and her targets.

"Well, well, well," she purred, her voice as silky as the ribbon around her neck. "This is certainly a fascinating watch. Why don't you move that knife up a little bit? I'd love to see that."

Dawn froze. This random woman had walked up to her asking about her watch. She seemed a bit scantily clad for her tastes but she had seen plenty of women pass through her families inn for a night with various men and this one seemed like one of those. And the watch wasn't anything important, she'd purloined it from this random guy who was dead on the side of the road.

She put her hand on her hip. " I'd love to do that but I can't right now. I'm all sorts of upset with these three shitheads. I mean I kinda want to see what I can do with this knife in his nose. He's getting boogers all over it." She tugged upwards with her knife giggling as he ahh'd and rose to the tips of his toes to avoid a deformed nose.

"What do you think?"

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Charlia wrote:Ah, now, here was something interesting. She looked up, black eyes glinting as she focused them on the girl and her targets.

Dawn froze. This random woman had walked up to her asking about her watch. She seemed a bit scantily clad for her tastes but she had seen plenty of women pass through her families inn for a night with various men and this one seemed like one of those. And the watch wasn't anything important, she'd purloined it from this random guy who was dead on the side of the road.

She put her hand on her hip. " I'd love to do that but I can't right now. I'm all sorts of upset with these three shitheads. I mean I kinda want to see what I can do with this knife in his nose. He's getting boogers all over it." She tugged upwards with her knife giggling as he ahh'd and rose to the tips of his toes to avoid a deformed nose.

"What do you think?"

"...Well... Why not just cut his nose off?" she asked, brushing her hair back behind one shoulder. "It might be amusing, and it would certainly help relieve stress."

For me, at least. Anyone else? Well, who cares?

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Dawn gave her a bright smile and smirked at the guy who had walked up to her. "It looks like two to one that this idiot lose his nose. I really don't like him for pulling a knife on me and I like him less for his company. However since I'm a considerate person..."

She pulled herself closer to tweedleshit and stomped on his foot. The dolt yelped and took the blade out of his nose in a clean slice.

".....I'll let him cut his own nose. " She finished with a frown of disdain. She quickly gave him a boot in his face and watched him on unconscious on the ground. "Either way where I come from assholes who grab a lady other than their betrothed or wife get their dicks cut off. So he got off light."

She turned her face and pouted at the lass. "So sorry you didn't get a show. But ill show you my watch either way." She shook up her sleeve. "It's a nice one isn't it? My friend gave it to me."
We met after he was dead but I buried him so I guess we're friends

Veleaz
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:29 pm

The packed streets of Valos were certainly not David's favourite thing in the world, with the risk oickpockets and other thieves being ever present in the city and fighting back became difficult when you had difficulty finding whoever it was who had stolen your money bag. Of course, there was a strange beauty about it, with hundreds of people having of lived differently and being in the city for a hundred different reasons, the endless reasons of the people being here was interesting to say the least.

Just like the hundreds of people here, David had a reason for being here as well. He had been contracted by an anonymous source that claimed one of the many criminal enterprises present in Penna were having a drop off of some rare mineral at the Valos Docks and the source wanted it disrupted. The life of a mercenary was now filled with entertainment and moving picture worthy moments. Unfortunately, David's habit of being prepared led him to arriving at Valos a day too early, so he was forced to find a place to stay. Having asked around town, he had been told of an Inn called the Lustful Raven that offered rooms for decent prices and did pretty good food, two of his favourite things.

Arriving at the front of the old building, he heard a commotion going on inside. Joy. Opening the door he recognised a face, an old friend of his called Lynch, who was currently laying on the floor with his face bloodied.

"Lynch?" He asked, his voice deep and gravely "Fuck's going on here then?" He added, his hand instinctively reaching for the axe that hunger at his side and his single eye staring at the two women in front of him.
Last edited by Veleaz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Legato Venari wrote:Dawn gave her a bright smile and smirked at the guy who had walked up to her. "It looks like two to one that this idiot lose his nose. I really don't like him for pulling a knife on me and I like him less for his company. However since I'm a considerate person..."

She pulled herself closer to tweedleshit and stomped on his foot. The dolt yelped and took the blade out of his nose in a clean slice.

".....I'll let him cut his own nose. " She finished with a frown of disdain. She quickly gave him a boot in his face and watched him on unconscious on the ground. "Either way where I come from assholes who grab a lady other than their betrothed or wife get their dicks cut off. So he got off light."

She turned her face and pouted at the lass. "So sorry you didn't get a show. But ill show you my watch either way." She shook up her sleeve. "It's a nice one isn't it? My friend gave it to me."
We met after he was dead but I buried him so I guess we're friends

"...Sweetheart, I appreciate the sentiment, but when I said 'interesting watch', I meant that watching what was going on was interesting, not that your watch was interesting. It's funny that you misunderstood, though. Not as funny as watching the clown of the second get his comeuppance, but definitely funny."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:44 pm

The Thane's
In the Forest near Valos

"There it is. Valos." Asura said as he sat in a tree and looked at the city. He sighed and looked down at the base of the tree where his sister stood with her masked face looking up at him. "You know that I can't go in there... my face is to well known..." He looked at her.

She looked to the city and then back at him.

"You really want to go check it out don't you?"

She shook her head.

Asura sighed, put on a cloak and climbed down. He stood at six foot six, while his sister, Vera stood at five foot. "Let's go. But remember, if things go bad, we are leaving imediately."

After sometime
Outside The Lustful Raven Inn

Asura leaned against a wall in a near by alley with Vera. They looked at the inn.

"The Lustful Raven.... strange name." Asura said, "It would be nice to have a bed for once..."

Vera nodded in agreement. And faced him.

"Yeah, we have been in the wild for so long. Well, you deserve to sleep in a bed." He said, "I'll wait. Check for hunters."

Vera nodded and started walking to the Lustful Raven. As she got closer her Overlooked mark activated. She entered the inn and began to check the place out.

Vera Thane
An unprecieved Shadow

Vera watched as things happened. There was a fight that erupted but ended just as quickly. She could sense it, a large number of them were marked. She looked at Dawn who held a blade to a guys nose. She did not want to interfere, even when a man looked at both Dawn and Rei with anger, so she stood and watched everyone, unprecieved by any of them. For now.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Veleaz wrote:The packed streets of Valos were certainly not David's favourite thing in the world, with the risk oickpockets and other thieves being ever present in the city and fighting back became difficult when you had difficulty finding whoever it was who had stolen your money bag. Of course, there was a strange beauty about it, with hundreds of people having of lived differently and being in the city for a hundred different reasons, the endless reasons of the people being here was interesting to say the least.

Just like the hundreds of people here, David had a reason for being here as well. He had been contracted by an anonymous source that claimed one of the many criminal enterprises present in Penna were having a drop off of some rare mineral at the Valos Docks and the source wanted it disrupted. The life of a mercenary was now filled with entertainment and moving picture worthy moments. Unfortunately, David's habit of being prepared led him to arriving at Valos a day too early, so he was forced to find a place to stay. Having asked around town, he had been told of an Inn called the Lustful Raven that offered rooms for decent prices and did pretty good food, two of his favourite things.

Arriving at the front of the old building, he heard a commotion going on inside. Joy. Opening the door he recognised a face, an old friend of his called Lynch, who was currently laying on the floor with his face bloodied.

"Lynch?" He asked, his voice deep and gravely "Fuck's going on here then?" He added, his hand instinctively reaching for the axe that hunger at his side and his cold eyes staring at the two women in front of him.

Dawn glanced at this random guy who had just walked in.
All we're missing now is a bunch of priestesses and we'll have a hilarious joke

"This guy your friend fellow? Cause I really would hope that you'd keep better company what with him pulling knives out on innocent ladies."

"You bitch! You slammed Robles face into the table first!"
Yelled Tweedleshit with the name of lynch. " You're as innocent as a fucking marked!!!"

Dawn froze and she saw her companion do the same although she seemed to control herself more than Dawn had.
Time to take charge for I get lynched

She slammed her boot on tweedleshit's chest slamming him into the glass. She gave her best face of fury and snarled at him

"DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE ME TO THOSE GODDESS FORSAKED SACKS OF SHIT!! I NEARLY GOT KILLED BY ONE AND I HAVE HALF A MIND TO RIP YOU A NEW ONE FOR SAYING THAT COCKSUCKING STUPID SHIT!!!!!"

She sighed and took her foot off of him. "But I won't 'cause your buddies just as likely to do it. After all he does seem a gentleman."

She gave the stranger a coy smile and stepped back.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Vera Thane
Lustful Raven

Things where escalating. Vera decided to move closer. She was now at a distance where if need be she could step between the two parties quickly or pull one of them away from harm. Though, she wasn't really a fan of Dawn, though the guys did start it. To Vera it was obvious that Dawn was trying to prevent herself from being discovered as marked, but really?

Goddess forsaked sacks of shit? Really. That is insulting...
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Veleaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Veleaz wrote:The packed streets of Valos were certainly not David's favourite thing in the world, with the risk oickpockets and other thieves being ever present in the city and fighting back became difficult when you had difficulty finding whoever it was who had stolen your money bag. Of course, there was a strange beauty about it, with hundreds of people having of lived differently and being in the city for a hundred different reasons, the endless reasons of the people being here was interesting to say the least.

"Lynch?" He asked, his voice deep and gravely "Fuck's going on here then?" He added, his hand instinctively reaching for the axe that hunger at his side and his cold eyes staring at the two women in front of him.

"This guy your friend fellow? Cause I really would hope that you'd keep better company what with him pulling knives out on innocent ladies."

Yelled Tweedleshit with the name of lynch. " You're as innocent as a fucking marked!!!"

Dawn froze and she saw her companion do the same although she seemed to control herself more than Dawn had.

She slammed her boot on tweedleshit's chest slamming him into the glass. She gave her best face of fury and snarled at him

"DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE ME TO THOSE GODDESS FORSAKED SACKS OF SHIT!! I NEARLY GOT KILLED BY ONE AND I HAVE HALF A MIND TO RIP YOU A NEW ONE FOR SAYING THAT COCKSUCKING STUPID SHIT!!!!!"

She sighed and took her foot off of him. "But I won't 'cause your buddies just as likely to do it. After all he does seem a gentleman."

"Innocent lady? From the looks of things, the fact Lynch hasn't got a nose no more doesn't exactly prove your innocence" David admitted, his hand brushing over the top of the axe as he looked the woman talking over. She looked like she could easily hold her own against Lynch and Roble, but on the other hand the other woman gave him an strange vibe. As if she'd rather a brawl break out than not. He began to speak, howver he felt his breath stop for a moment when Lynch mentioned the Marked. He never tevealed his secret to them, so it was likely he didn't know.

The violent was just as surprisng. For a young looking woman, she sure did have a pair of lungs. He would've believed it too, had his mark not heen playing up as she spoke. Something about it felt like she didn't believe the words she was saying. Either way, she hid it well. Her sudden tone change caught him off guard as well "While your assumption is welcomed, I'm not one to enjoy seeing a friend of mine injure, so you better tell me what happened, or trouble might start"

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Veleaz wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:

"Innocent lady? From the looks of things, the fact Lynch hasn't got a nose no more doesn't exactly prove your innocence" David admitted, his hand brushing over the top of the axe as he looked the woman talking over. She looked like she could easily hold her own against Lynch and Roble, but on the other hand the other woman gave him an strange vibe. As if she'd rather a brawl break out than not. He began to speak, howver he felt his breath stop for a moment when Lynch mentioned the Marked. He never tevealed his secret to them, so it was likely he didn't know.

The violent was just as surprisng. For a young looking woman, she sure did have a pair of lungs. He would've believed it too, had his mark not heen playing up as she spoke. Something about it felt like she didn't believe the words she was saying. Either way, she hid it well. Her sudden tone change caught him off guard as well "While your assumption is welcomed, I'm not one to enjoy seeing a friend of mine injure, so you better tell me what happened, or trouble might start"
"Now, now, now," the dark-haired girl said soothingly. "Why don't we all just calm down? Or you could all just kill each other, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy that. Go ahead. Make your choice, I don't particularly care which one you make, just don't try to get me any more involved, all right?"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:After sometime
Outside The Lustful Raven Inn

Asura leaned against a wall in a near by alley with Vera. They looked at the inn.

"The Lustful Raven.... strange name." Asura said, "It would be nice to have a bed for once..."

Vera nodded in agreement. And faced him.

"Yeah, we have been in the wild for so long. Well, you deserve to sleep in a bed." He said, "I'll wait. Check for hunters."

Vera nodded and started walking to the Lustful Raven. As she got closer her Overlooked mark activated. She entered the inn and began to check the place out.
A figure in an alley, shadowed, hard to see. Her eye narrowed.

Dangerous? she thought, instinctively slipping her hand into a sheath on her belt and drawing out one of her knives, the sun glinting off the dark metal.

If they are, I'll take them down.

"Who's there?" she said quietly in a voice filled with suspicion. "Show yourself, or I put a blade in you here and now."

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:10 pm

She shook her head. "He.." She nodded to the guy who was still unconscious in a kinda sitting position. "....grabbed my butt. I gave him a whack on the head so he'd cut that shit out and when his buddies realized that he got conked, they got their knives out. Now I don't like violence too much, but sometimes you just got to know that you can't go around waving a shiny piece of metal and not have consequences. Which reminds me...." Dawn sheathed her knife and extended her hand. "I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Dawn. And while the company you keep seems to have its faults, you seem to be a reasonable fellow. Unlike these twats that seem to enjoy saying stupid lies that could get people killed."

She stiffened at the brunettes words. Hmm that's a 360. I wonder why?

Veleaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Legato Venari wrote:She shook her head. "He.." She nodded to the guy who was still unconscious in a kinda sitting position. "....grabbed my butt. I gave him a whack on the head so he'd cut that shit out and when his buddies realized that he got conked, they got their knives out. Now I don't like violence too much, but sometimes you just got to know that you can't go around waving a shiny piece of metal and not have consequences. Which reminds me...." Dawn sheathed her knife and extended her hand. "I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Dawn. And while the company you keep seems to have its faults, you seem to be a reasonable fellow. Unlike these twats that seem to enjoy saying stupid lies that could get people killed."

David nodded his head as she spoke, slowly moving his hands away from the axe head and into a crossed arm position "Lynch and Roble do have an issue with..." He struggled to find the words for a moment "uhh...unpermitted contact, but I'd say that cutting off a man's nose is a bit of an over reaction. A slice to the hand? Sure, it certainly wasn't gonna make him look any better. Either way, name's David" he said, not accepting the extended hand.

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Johan chuckled at the girl, who had just introduced herself as Dawn. She hid her Mark well, but it wasn't enough. Marks happened to give off a specific heat signature, and Trace was very good at finding those signatures. It was almost like a small pocket of absolutely nothingness where there should be heat on a person. He let the scene develop as he sat back down, now looking at the brunette. She seemed like an interesting character.

"You just want to be entertained, don't you?" He asked. It wasn't regular that a bar patron would encourage a brawl while they were trying to eat breakfast. The girl was odd, no doubt, but in a fascinating way. It, at the very least, was a good distraction before he left to go find the Hunters. He smiled at the thought.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 pm

The Chimera
Wilderness to Valos, Dawn to Morning

Arel almost always traveled alone. It was rare for him to do otherwise. Even with his involvement in the escort of the weaker and more insecure Marked, he always ended up traveling by his lonesome when he wasn't, well, "on duty." He oft wandered in these times, mostly looking for more of his brothers and sisters, but also simply....seeing what the world had to offer. Arel enjoyed simple pleasures, like a sunrise from behind snow capped mountains, or a waterfall cascading down a forest cliffside.

The Zealot found himself in a small town, one that a signpost revealed as "Valos". He couldn't say he heard of it before, but it seemed lively enough. He didn't wear his hood nor have his sleeves pulled down, so all his Marked glory was visible to those who saw it. If possible, he would try to get away with the whole explanation of them being tattoos, but that was only if he really needed to. He was proud of his gift. He didn't want to hide it. Besides, a mark was on his face. How do you hide that properly? Luckily, it being the morning, not many people were truly out and about. Arel didn't really sleep that much. Something about his..."beastly" side kept that in check. But he still thirsted and hungered. Except the former was more important to him at the moment. He would have to find a place for a drink of sorts.

"The....Lustful Raven?" Arel said to himself, looking at the sign and laughing quietly. Is that really the best name for an inn? Ravens are scarcely attractive, much less lustful. But he wasn't about to question the motivation behind the title any further, as he pressed on into the building, hearing a loud utterance of "Goddess-forsaked sacks of shit." It didn't take much to guess what was being referred to. He had heard worse insults.

He entered the inn, and acted ordinarily, walking up to the counter. Part of him bided time until someone remarked him about "those things on his arms" as many called his marks. Or until they fired up the torches and sharpened their pitchforks. But for now, he just ordered a spiced ale, albeit with a suspicious look from the bartender, and surveyed the unfolding scene, his distinct crimson hair covering his left eye.
Still Illan, and still kickin'

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Jonathan could feel the rapidly growing tension. And the fact that the ass mentioned the marked made things even worse for him. So, to avoid getting involved, or at least to forestall his involvement, he took a seat at a boot, doing his best to mask himself in case things did go bad. As for the woman, he knew she was a trouble maker and he didn't need that, especially since he already had a pretty hefty bounty on his head.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Veleaz wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:She shook her head. "He.." She nodded to the guy who was still unconscious in a kinda sitting position. "....grabbed my butt. I gave him a whack on the head so he'd cut that shit out and when his buddies realized that he got conked, they got their knives out. Now I don't like violence too much, but sometimes you just got to know that you can't go around waving a shiny piece of metal and not have consequences. Which reminds me...." Dawn sheathed her knife and extended her hand. "I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Dawn. And while the company you keep seems to have its faults, you seem to be a reasonable fellow. Unlike these twats that seem to enjoy saying stupid lies that could get people killed."

David nodded his head as she spoke, slowly moving his hands away from the axe head and into a crossed arm position "Lynch and Roble do have an issue with..." He struggled to find the words for a moment "uhh...unpermitted contact, but I'd say that cutting off a man's nose is a bit of an over reaction. A slice to the hand? Sure, it certainly wasn't gonna make him look any better. Either way, name's David" he said, not accepting the extended hand.

Dawn grinned. "Well I guess my country bumpkin self is just shining through. We tend to kill men who have wandering hands...." She glanced around. Her thread was giving her warnings. She did a quick head count.
Nobody's there so why am I feeling someone over there?

" Well What's been done has been done and since you and I don't seem to have anymore business.... I'll show my self out."
She reached into her purse and flipped out a gold.
Dammit wrong coin.
"Sorry about the mess, but I hope that'll cover it Sir."
She yelled to the Inn's owner. " Now if you'll excuse me, I think I want to find a place with a less molester-y crowd." She nodded her head at David.

Veleaz
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Veleaz wrote:

Dawn grinned. "Well I guess my country bumpkin self is just shining through. We tend to kill men who have wandering hands...." She glanced around. Her thread was giving her warnings. She did a quick head count.
Nobody's there so why am I feeling someone over there?

" Well What's been done has been done and since you and I don't seem to have anymore business.... I'll show my self out."
She reached into her purse and flipped out a gold.
Dammit wrong coin.
"Sorry about the mess, but I hope that'll cover it Sir."
She yelled to the Inn's owner. " Now if you'll excuse me, I think I want to find a place with a less molester-y crowd." She nodded her head at David.

David smirked a little when Dawn intended to find somewhere less creepy "Good luck with that. Heard thid was the safest place in Valos and yhr surrounding area. Says something a out Penna, don't it" he said, looking at the newcomer. He found the person off putting. Blood ted hair and either having Marks on his face or been a fool and gotten a tattoo that could easily be mistaken. Interested, he walked over and grabbed the stool next to him and ordered a whiskey, asking the bottle to be left behind. After a while, David downed a shot before speaking "That a mark or a tat?" He asked, facing forwards.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse