NATION

PASSWORD

Sovereign States [FT][OOC][Open|Signups]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Sovereign States [FT][OOC][Open|Signups]

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:49 am

Too brief a glance at an uncertain future.
Soverign States

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
- Winston Churchill

OOC

Mankind was always curious, always searching, always discovering. They wanted to reach for the stars and, eventually, they did... Years ago, humanity searched for a new haven close to home. They found it after decades of searching, exploring and star-charting. There, in virgin lands of Keres, they built new civilisations to call their own. But they were not alone. Empires from all around the galaxy found this planet. Alliances formed, empires rose, tensions tightened. It was here that the first war with other denizens of the Galaxy loomed its shadow over humanity, sharpening its claws as the first starships were built.

Keres was a young planet that has yet to form any sentient life of its own. But it bore its first fruits of intelligent life when other empires of the Galaxy arrived to claim it their own. And so, with colonies sprawling all over its surface, the planet's fate is forever to be changed. But will it be for the better, or for the worse? Join the many races on Keres in their struggle for planetary dominance. We you just be another footnote in history? Or will do you actually stand a chance to be victorious?

This is an RP about the simultaneous colonisation of the Planet Keres by multiple different galactic powers and their struggles for planetary dominance and/or coexistence. Warfare, deception and alliances will be the key here. But who could you trust?

Acts of aggression will be the standard course, anything from a border skirmish over some livestock to airspace intrusion can lead to a declaration of war. Watch your step, because one wrong move can send you packing for your homeworld with the enemy nipping at your heels. What's your ultimate goal anyway? Why did you come to this world? To annexe Keres or to simply live peacefully with us? And why should I trust you? Why should I believe what you tell me?

Alliances Roster
Union of Human Republics
Fighting to unite all of humanity against a common threat.

Ella2 6
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:17 am, edited 15 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Basic Rules

OP and CO-OPs are in charge here

No Godmodding (of any sort)

Do not be a prick OOC. Trust me, the boot hurts more than just your national leader.

Short posts are fine, but no one-liners. (Yes, I know the irony of this.)

Having fun is not optional, but not at the expense of others. (ie, trolling, flaming, griefing, godmodding, etc.)

Map and Warfare Rules

No army formation larger than 2 million may participate in a single battle (ie, laying siege to a city). Military campaigns, however, may be up to 50 million combatants large.

No controlling the outcomes of another player's attack(s) or diplomatic venture(s). Do not control the reactions of another player's soldier(s) or diplomat(s). Always give another player the chance to respond, do not go in with ten posts for every one they put out.

Do not, under any circumstances, shrug off an attack like it didn't affect you at all. All actions have an opposite and equal reaction. You may win a battle and not sustain any losses, but the logicists of your army are guaranteed to be affected, ie, you'll have to resupply them to be at full fighting strength due to spent ammunition, morale problems, etc.

Maximum amount of active troops is 250 million, so you can conduct 5 max-strength military campaigns around Keres at the same time, but no more than that. All other personnel you may have need to be part of your reserves.

Everything has its strengths and drawbacks. You nation has a starship the size of a star? Fine, but you aren't landing that at all and you will need to supply it with fuel daily.

No calling reinforcements from home. Your colony is a big boy, independent(-ish) and strong.

Each colony has its own sovereignty from each other. The dark blue areas on the map are international waters, which are not under the jurisdiction of any nation.

Destruction or construction of terrain is prohibited. What I mean by that is you can't chip land off the map or terraform land in the middle of the ocean, but you can build/destroy landmarks, hills mountains, etc.

Lastly, everything takes time. Amass an army? Anything from a day to a month. Erase a mountain? A couple of weeks or years. The Maginot Line took 9 years to build! And it didn't work anyways!

*Standard NSII rules still apply
**Rules may change anytime, I will try to inform you when they are updated, but in the event that I don't, It's your responsibility to check. (Don't worry, I don't drop the hammer until you've really, really annoyed me)

Alliance and Treaty Rules

Alliances are formal unions between colonies. Once a colony is part of an alliance, it cannot go to war with other members of that alliance. Examples of an alliance; The British Commonwealth, The Axis Powers.

A treaty is a legally binding agreement/document between two colonies. Colonies can still go to war with another country that's part of a treaty. Examples of a treaty; NATO, The UN.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Application
Feel free to make it fancy and everything; I just want the information, I don’t care how you present it.
Code: Select all
[b](Remove all parenthesis including this one, otherwise it's an automatic rejection.)[/b]
-GENERAL-
[b]Full Nation Name: [/b]
[b]Short Nation Name: [/b]
[b]Colony Name: [/b](If applicable)
[b]National Flag: [/b]
[b]Colonial Flag: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Nation Leader: [/b]
[b]Colony Leader: [/b]
[b]Government Type: [/b]
[b]Capital: [/b]
[b]Territory: [/b]
[b]Preferred Map Colour: [/b]
[b]Colony Population: [/b](no more than 500 million)
[b]Species: [/b]
[b]Language: [/b]
[b]Chance of revolt: [/b](yes/no)
[hr][/hr]
-CULTURE-
[b]Society's View on Warfare: [/b]
[b]Society's View on Honour: [/b]
[b]Society's View on Glory: [/b]
[b]Society's View on Aliens: [/b]
[hr][/hr]
-ECONOMY-
[b]Ideology: [/b](State-planned, Laissez-faire, Etc.)
[b]Economy: [/b](Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak)
[b]Manufacturing: [/b](Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak)
[b]Agriculture: [/b](Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak)
[hr][/hr]
-MILITARY-
(With your military vehicles, try to link it to your factbook instead of making blocks of text about it)
[b]Commander-in-Chief: [/b]
[b]Military Strength: [/b](No more than 15% of your colony population)
[b]Service Branches: [/b]
[b]Standard Infantry: [/b]
[i]Uniform: [/i]
[i]Primary Weapon: [/i]
[i]Sidearm: [/i](If any)
[i]Spare Gear: [/i](If any)
[i]Strengths: [/i]
[i]Weaknesses: [/i]
[b]Army Vehicles: [/b]
[i]Main Battle Tank: [/i]
[i]Infantry Support vehicle: [/i](If Any)
[i]Armoured Personnel Carrier: [/i](If Any)
[i]Self-Propelled Artillery: [/i](If Any)
[b]Navy Ships: [/b](If Any)
[i]Battleship: [/i]
[i]Aircraft Carrier: [/i](If Any)
[i]Cruiser: [/i](If Any)
[i]Destroyer: [/i](If Any)
[i]Frigate: [/i](If Any)
[i]Submarine: [/i](If Any)
[b]Air Force: [/b](If Any)
[i]Fighter: [/i]
[i]Bomber: [/i](If Any)
[i]Attack Helicopter: [/i](If Any)
[b]Space Force: [/b]
[i]Cruiser: [/i]
[i]Battleship: [/i](If Any)
[i]Carrier: [/i](If Any)
[i]Destroyer: [/i](If Any)
[i]Corvette: [/i](If Any)
[i]Starfighter: [/i]
[i]Dreadnought: [/i](If Any)

[b]RP sample: [/b](If you don't have one, just show me a short example of your writing. Also, if I've RPed with you before, don't worry about this so much)

Alliance Application
[b]Name of Alliance: [/b]
[b]Nations in Alliance: [/b](Must have all alliance members consent)
[b]Alliance Banner: [/b]
[b]Alliance Motto: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Goal of Alliance: [/b](If applicable)

Flora and Fauna Application
[b](Remove all parenthesis including this one, otherwise it's an automatic rejection.)[/b]
[b]Common Name: [/b]
[b]Scientific Name: [/b]
-BIOLOGY-
[b]Kingdom: [/b] (Plant, Mammal, Fungus, etc)
[b]Lifespan: [/b]
[b]General Appearence: [/b] (I'd love an image, unless it's scary in which case put it in spoilers.)
-BEHAVIOUR-
[b]General intellegence: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Group Organisation: [/b](Lone, pack or herd lifestyles)
[b]Domesticable: [/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Communication: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Prey: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Predator: [/b](If applicable)
-OTHER TRAITS-
[b]Abilities: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Weaknesses: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Likes: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Dislikes: [/b](If applicable)

-GENERAL-

The United Autonymous Republics Of Ella2 6
Ella2 6

Nation Leader: Prince Charlie Elisha Schindler
Colony Leader: Sir Welfred Shwerzier
Government Type: Republic
Capital: Newer Centurus
Territory: Claim
Preferred Map Colour: Green
Colony Population: 38 million
Species: Human (homo ellise sapiens)
Language: Ellian
Chance of revolt: Yes

-ECONOMY-

Ideology: State-planned
Economy: Strong
Manufacturing: Decent
Agriculture: Strong

-MILITARY-

Commander-in-Chief:
Prince Jacob Skylia Schindler

Military Strength:

Service Branches:
The Colonial Guards
The Ellian Clone Army
The Ellian StarForce

Standard Infantry: Clone Trooper
Uniform:
Primary Weapon: Ellian Atuomatic Rifle
Sidearm: M89 Glock Model 4A
Spare Gear: Combat rations(7 days), water canteen, 70 rounds ammunition.
Strengths: Fanatical morale, loyal to the Republic, career soldiers.
Weaknesses: Mostly inexperienced troops, recklessness, complete disregard for grenades.

Army Vehicles:
Main Battle Tank: E2-6 'Nevermore'
Armoured Personnel Carrier: JD-M0 'Wolf'
Self-Propelled Artillery: JD-1B 'Pummel'
Strengths: Plasteel armour resistant to heat and corrosion, high mobility of units and career soldiers.
Weaknesses: Largely inexperienced crew, poor coordination between armoured corps and infantry corps.

Space Force:
Starfighter: Mosquito Class
Corvette: Xavier Class
Cruiser: Legacy Class
Battleship: Paladin Class
Strengths: Fanatical morale after recent victories, loyal to the Republic and career soldiers (immune to propaganda).
Weaknesses: Mostly inexperienced troops, party purges killed off most of the experienced commanding officers, recklessness and lack of larger capital ships
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Legend:
Brown = The Eurasian League
Red = The New Earth Federation
Pink = Spindle
Orange = The Interstellar Federation
Gold = The Irenton Alliance (Eodor)
Yellow = New Bren-so (Zjaum)
Cream =
Green = Ella2 6
Lime = Cyberex
Purple = The Scientific League
Lavender =
Dark Navy Blue = Equalsun Empire
Turquoise = Tagali Federation

Off-World Participants
Maroon = Olimpiada
New Roma Empire
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 am, edited 27 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:50 am

Keres Public International Database

Keres Wildlife

Animals
Drakon Keres
Keres Void Dragon
Keres Void Wyrm
Virakon
Jakalan Dragon

You have reached the end of the database. If you you would like to expand the database, please submit new files.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:05 pm

An FT RP where logic and reason hod sway? I'll all this a tag and app as soon as I can get access to a computing device.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Tagged for interest. Question: Is it alright if I play as an empire from a nearby system? If not, that's fine, I can just create a colony for myself.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Olimpiada wrote:Tagged for interest. Question: Is it alright if I play as an empire from a nearby system? If not, that's fine, I can just create a colony for myself.

Empires have colonies, no?

I do believe the whole premise of imperialism is to have colonies and exploit the absolute hell out of them. Or at least that's howthe Brits did it. :P

EDIT: I think I've misread the question. You want to ask if you can play as an alternate nation, is that right? Sure thing!.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Ella2 6 wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Tagged for interest. Question: Is it alright if I play as an empire from a nearby system? If not, that's fine, I can just create a colony for myself.

Empires have colonies, no?

I do believe the whole premise of imperialism is to have colonies and exploit the absolute hell out of them. Or at least that's howthe Brits did it. :P

EDIT: I think I've misread the question. You want to ask if you can play as an alternate nation, is that right? Sure thing!.

You didn't misread it. But I'll take this to mean I should just make a colony.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Olimpiada wrote:You didn't misread it. But I'll take this to mean I should just make a colony.

Yes, you make a colony, but which nation you choose to be the motherland is your choice, be it your nation or another you made up.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 pm

(Remove all parenthesis)
-GENERAL-
Full Nation Name: Federated Worlds of Olimpiada
Short Nation Name: Olimpiada
Colony Name: Nea Tlacopan
National Flag: See my current flag
Nation Leader: President Alexios Cyrenacius
Colony Leader: N/A, a council runs the colony.
Government Type: Parliamentary Republic
Capital: Three Leaders
Territory: Ringworld named Gaia, separate system, artificial habitat made of hollow asteroids linked together called Nea Tlacopan, assorted mining colonies that just strip mine systems for resources.
Preferred Map Colour: Purple or Red fits the Byzantine motif nicely.
Colony Population: 300 million
Species: Human
Language: Greek
Chance of revolt: No

-ECONOMY-
Ideology: State competes with private companies
Economy: Strong
Manufacturing: Strong
Agriculture: Average

-MILITARY-
(With your military vehicles, try to link it to your factbook instead of making blocks of text about it)
Commander-in-Chief: President Alexios Cyrenacius
Military Strength: 5 million
Service Branches: Army, Navy
Standard Infantry:
Uniform: Trench coat, helmet, respirator, thermal goggles, little armor.
Primary Weapon: SR-171 Railgun, chambered in 13 x 60 HEAP slugs, small nuclear battery.
Sidearm: SR-48 Handgun, chambered in recombinant nanomunitions.
Spare Gear: Soldiers are full of nanites that make them operate better than normal humans due to improved strength, speed, senses, and healing.
Strengths: Largely, the main strength of the Olimpiadan infantry is its quick maneuvering ability, and use of mages. (NOTE: This isn't space magic. I just give each squad a leader that's been pumped full of enough nanites to actually use them as a highly effective mid and close range weapon.)
Weaknesses: Low armor. Like, all but nonexistent. The military decided that no armor outside of a battleship could effectively take a railgun hit, so why bother?
Army Vehicles:
Main Battle Tank: SR-10 Walker
Self-Propelled Artillery: See SR-10 Walker (The SR-10 Walker has a fully automatic 67 mm 0.1c railgun)
Strengths: Useful on all terrain, good armor vs small arms.
Weaknesses: Slow, weak at legs.
Strengths: Agile, swarm tactics are useful.
Weaknesses: Light armor (see INFANTRY for explanation), mediocre firepower.
Space Force:
Cruiser:
[Battleship: Korestia class Battleship
Carrier: See BATTLESHIP and DREADNOUGHT
Destroyer: Chalastra class Destroyer
Starfighter: SP-53 Fighter
Dreadnought: Titan class Dreadnought
Strengths: Extremely good firepower, decent stealth, battleship and carrier comes in one neat package
Weaknesses: The focus on firepower in one package means killing one vessel is a significant blow in most cases.
RP sample:
The earth shook around Ikaros as he sprinted across the war torn battlefield. He didn't pay much attention to it. It didn't matter if it had hit him or not. He'd resigned himself to the fate of the dead at this point, the created heaven of each individual god. He did curse his ill fortune to die on a planet, of all places. Disgusting. If he were to try to survive this battle, it would likely be primarily because of that. He shook his head to clear out the thoughts. Leaping out of his trench to cross to another one brought him face to face with one of the lizard looking bastards they were fighting. He quickly focused his nanite swarm, spot welding the creature's metal armor together in a few key places, preventing it from pulling the trigger on its gun, then from running, then from moving his arms. Ikaros raised his sidearm quickly, letting the explosive rounds he'd configured it to shatter the creature's skull, a hail of brain and skull spraying out at him as the round detonated against the hard back of the thing's armored helmet. He wiped it off his face and kept running, knowing that he had to make it to the next trench with his squad, they had to clear it. Nothing would stand in the way of gods, after all, and they were gods.

There was a brief flash in the darkness as a railgun shell detonated against the side of an enemy ship, the antimatter charge vaporizing all it contacted in an atomic hellfire great enough to make the breach into T'Eltec look like a kid playing with sparklers. Aiginio, from his seat at the bridge of the FWOS Ryakia smiled broadly. He always had loved that the 0.5c spinal mounted gun on the Korestia class could do such wonderful things. The thousands of miles between the two vessels could be closed in an instant, with explosive results. Reports said that the 0.3c guns on their deck were being turned to open another barrage, but he couldn't see them. The ship was currently in stealth mode, after all, the nanites in the hull having restructured themselves into an inky black that absorbed most frequencies used by targeting systems. They were invincible. That was when the ship shuddered, and the readout for engine 3 disappeared.

"Aiginio to Engineering, what the fuck was that?" he said into the intercom, struggling to retain his calm.

"They nuked us, sir. Approximately one terraton. Fighter deployed, near as we can tell," came the timid reply of an engineer. From the background noise, Aiginio could hear the screaming and sounds of fire extinguishers. It took him a moment to determine how the hell that had happened. They couldn't be seen. After another moment, he realized that was exactly the problem; the black shape of the ship was blocking out the stars behind it. He cursed, loudly.

"ALL POWER TO THE FLAK ARTILLERY, I DON'T WANT A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ENEMY FIGHTERS GETTING OUT OF HERE!" he shouted at the bridge, which was more alive than ever before. Aiginio's grin fell away to a mask of rage. The real fight had finally begun, it had seemed.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Olimpiada wrote:-snip-

I'm alright with having an external power in the RP, but are you sure you didn't want to claim some land on the actual planet itself?

This RP is about the events on the planet, after all.

Otherwise, accepted.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Ella2 6 wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:-snip-

I'm alright with having an external power in the RP, but are you sure you didn't want to claim some land on the actual planet itself?

Otherwise, accepted.

I actually can't grab land on a planet. The condensed version is "muh religion". I'll do fine.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Ella2 6 wrote:I'm alright with having an external power in the RP, but are you sure you didn't want to claim some land on the actual planet itself?

Otherwise, accepted.

I actually can't grab land on a planet. The condensed version is "muh religion". I'll do fine.

:clap: Good on you to take the moral high ground. Good on you.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Ella2 6 wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:I actually can't grab land on a planet. The condensed version is "muh religion". I'll do fine.

:clap: Good on you to take the moral high ground. Good on you.

More like good on my people. They have a strange set of beliefs. I'll expand more on it later in the RP, since it's a major cultural factor in decision making.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Ella2 6 wrote: :clap: Good on you to take the moral high ground. Good on you.

More like good on my people. They have a strange set of beliefs. I'll expand more on it later in the RP, since it's a major cultural factor in decision making.

Ah... Okay. That makes sense. I once created an isolationist galactic superpower nation who only stayed on their own planet unless invited to colonise a planet by the intelligent life of that planet. It turns out that it was too pacifist for its own good. :lol:

And a Quick Question for you: Are you allowed to take territory you won in a war?
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Ella2 6 wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:More like good on my people. They have a strange set of beliefs. I'll expand more on it later in the RP, since it's a major cultural factor in decision making.

Ah... Okay. That makes sense. I once created an isolationist galactic superpower nation who only stayed on their own planet unless invited to colonise a planet by the intelligent life of that planet. It turns out that it was too pacifist for its own good. :lol:

And a Quick Question for you: Are you allowed to take territory you won in a war?

Artifical habitats? Yes. Asteroids? Yes. Whole systems? If I can. Land? Nope. It either gets glassed or turned into a tributary, depending on how human the residents are. Bottom line, we use drones to strip mine it to build more ships.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Ella2 6 wrote:Ah... Okay. That makes sense. I once created an isolationist galactic superpower nation who only stayed on their own planet unless invited to colonise a planet by the intelligent life of that planet. It turns out that it was too pacifist for its own good. :lol:

Artifical habitats? Yes. Asteroids? Yes. Whole systems? If I can. Land? Nope. It either gets glassed or turned into a tributary, depending on how human the residents are. Bottom line, we use drones to strip mine it to build more ships.

Sounds like the average intergalactic evil empire. Alrighty.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 am

So...app will be coming at some point. Just as soon as I actually get the relevant factbooks sorted out.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Spindle wrote:So...app will be coming at some point. Just as soon as I actually get the relevant factbooks sorted out.

No worries.

You could get the app to me and ammend them as you go. It'll certainly be more flexible than what you may believe...
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:48 pm

So...starting app is here. I'll probably add bits on as the factbooks expand, but this is this.

Report on the State of the Staetadi Colony

By Dame Kearen, Duchess of Staetadi, by commission of Her Majesty Queen Eris Tethys II of Spindle

-GENERAL-

Full Nation Name: The Star Kingdom of Spindle

Short Nation Name: Spindle

Nation Leader: Her Majesty Queen Eris Tethys II of Spindle

Colony Leader: Duchess Kearen of Staedai

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy - Important note: presence of assassin's guilds has been restricted in order to improve political stability.

Capital: Taerii

Territory: The southern half of the large island in the east and just on the equator, plus a number of asteroids spread throughout the system. Apologies for lack of an image.

Preferred Map Colour: Pink, please!

Colony Population: Twenty-four million, across three main cities.

Species: Dearyn - basically non-evil insect people.

Language: Aetheran

Chance of Revolt: Yes

-ECONOMY-

Ideology: Social Market on the whole - Important note: many businesses on the colony are heavily subsidised by the government.

Economy: Decent - see attachment 03-14-D: Spindlean Economy - an Overview for reference.

Manufacturing: Strong.

Agriculture: Decent - see attachment 03-09-K: Fabberies - an Overview for reference.

-MILITARY-

Commander-in-Chief: Dame Arianna Selene, Archduchess of Erebus

Military Strength: Two thousand personnel are in the Naval aspect of the Colony's military, with twenty-two squadrons of warships at their disposal. Of these, two are comprised of sixth Fleet warships. As a result of this, the ground-based aspect of the Colony's military contains almost forty-four thousand combat personnel, and an additional two hundred and seven thousand purely ground-based support staff. Attached to this are two Cornaia-class Resupply Dreadnoughts on loan from Fifth Fleet, with attendant nanoswarms.

Service Branches: Technically speaking, the Navy is the only branch present, providing both the Legions and the Fleet to defend the colony. In practice, the Legions and the Fleet act as separate, if incredibly well-jointed, branches of the military, with separate rank structures as a necessity of their different media. Interestingly, system-wide command falls with the Legion for the defence of the colony, with General Kraene in command of both the Fleet and the Legions for the system, with Admiral De'Straeta as his second.

Standard Infantry: See attachment 11-19-C: The Legions - an Overview, with reference to the Skirmisher Configuration.

Uniform: See attachment 11-19-C: The Legions - an Overview, with reference to the Talaria.

Primary Weapon: See attachment 11-19-C: The Legions - an Overview, with reference to the Harpe.

Sidearm: See attachment 11-19-C: The Legions - an Overview, with reference to the Eurytus.

Spare Gear: See attachment 11-19-C: The Legions - an Overview for a non-comprehensive list.

Strengths: Versatile and powerful, Spindlean infantry has been noted for its tendency towards mobile warfare when compared with other nations - a fact probably explained by its relative sparseness in the battlespace. In fact, the smaller numbers of infantry which Spindle can bring to the field was a major spur to the development of battlespace nanites, both in the individual infantryman and their weaponry and armour and in the form of Nanitic Autonomous Combatants such as the Wraith and the Warlock, which are nowadays so integral to the war effort.

Weaknesses: Spindlean infantry suffers from the same problems it has always suffered from: fragility and a lack of resilience. Although stealth and speed can help keep a soldier alive, when a soldier is actually hit the probability is that they will be incapacitated: this is a simple fact of the weapons technology troops will have to face in the battlespace. This fragility is further compounded by the lack of resilience in infantry formations - without meaningful reserves to call upon, small losses can cause units to be split up and redistributed.

Army Vehicles:

Main Battle Tank:

Self-Propelled Artillery:

Strengths: Spindlean armour forms the backbone of the Legions, designed to appear out of nowhere and devastate the enemy without warning before either punching through to threaten rear echelons or simply fading back into the distance. In order to achieve this, Spindlean armour use of Spectre fields and high-yield weapon, as well as partial counter-grav, to facilitate surprise, application of extreme firepower and rapid disengagement where necessary, allowing for vehicles which arrive and leave like so many ghosts, leaving little more than corpses and wreckage in their wake.

Weaknesses: As with the infantry, armour suffers from fragility: although they are fast and well-stealthed this comes at the expense of armour which makes them vulnerable to almost any weapon larger than an assault rifle. In fact, particularly high-powered sniper rifles can shoot the pilot out of a Scorpe in a single shot, should the sniper be capable of hitting the thing. This is, as with the infantry, compounded by a lack of any real reserves and the unfortunate tendency for Spindlean armour to be outnumbered in most of their engagements.

Space Force:

Cruiser: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Aello-class Light Cruiser and the Celeano-class Heavy Cruiser.

Battleship: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Stheno-class Battleship.

Carrier: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Beroe-class Escort Carrier and the Pitheus-class Strike Carrier.

Destroyer: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Orthrus-class Destroyer.

Frigate: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Cerberus-class Frigate.

Starfighter: See attachment 11-32-Q: The Spindlean Navy: an Overview, with reference to the Enyalius Strikefighter and the Pitheus Interceptor.

Dreadnought: See attachment 11-03-F: The Spindlean Navy: Structure and Objectives, with reference to Dreadnoughts.

Strengths: Long-range and offloaded targeting capabilities means that Spindlean warships are capable of striking targets effectively at extreme ranges, in theory at least, and the ability to unload enormous salvos at the mid-to-short ranges helps balance out the relative difficulties at energy-weapon ranges. The use of smart materials in ships allows for rapid refits and repairs and also in-combat regeneration. The use of soft A.I. means that crew complements are drastically smaller than those of many other navies, allowing for more ships per unit of manpower.

Weaknesses: Ships have massively weaker shields than most opponents, which are worse than useless against kinetic weaponry, which means that Spindlean ships often rely on destroying the enemy before they can enter the energy-weapons range. There is also a noticeable paucity of said energy weapons in the fleet mix, which combines with the first weakness to make the fleet very bad at orbital confrontations, where the planet in the way makes it harder to engage at long-ranges but the requirement to hold the orbitals prevents simply opening out the range.

RP Sample: This is probably the best example I have, although this gives a better indication of my nation's style and technology.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:14 am

Spindle wrote:-snip-

Accepted.

I've seen a lot of your work beforehand, and it looks good. Glad to have you as part of this RP. I hope I didn't overwork you for those factbooks.

EDIT: Is this where you wanted it, Sir?
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

The Interstellar Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Interstellar Federation » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 am

(Remove all parenthesis)
-GENERAL-
Full Nation Name: the Galactic Alliance of the Interstellar Federation
Short Nation Name: the Interstellar Federation
Colony Name: (If applicable) Keres Actual
National Flag:

Colonial Flag: (If applicable)
Nation Leader: President Vincent De Maser
Colony Leader: Captain Alex Vita
Government Type: Constitutional Democracy
Capital: Earth
Territory: The south-eastern island and several asteroids in orbit
Preferred Map Colour: Orange
Colony Population: (no more than 500 million) 100 million
Species: Human
Language: English
Chance of revolt: (yes/no)No

-ECONOMY-
Ideology: (State-planned, Laissez-faire, Etc.) Mixed economy
Economy: (Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak) Strong
Manufacturing: (Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak) Strong
Agriculture: (Strong, Decent, Average, Poor or Weak) Decent

-MILITARY-
Commander-in-Chief: President Vincent De Maser
Military Strength: (No more than 15% of your colony population) 2 million
Service Branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force
Standard Infantry: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=687671
Uniform: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=687671
Primary Weapon: http://orig15.deviantart.net/2686/f/201 ... 8lh9om.jpg
Sidearm: (If any) http://i.imgur.com/pE1LnvY.jpg
Spare Gear: (If any) Grenades, repair beam, flash lights, first aid kit containing nanobot injector
Strengths: Energy shielding, enhanced strength, faster speeds, extreme endurance, etc.
Weaknesses: Infantry usually are only suited to combating other infantry and light vehicles, otherwise larger vehicle formations can cause infantry units to suffer heavy losses.
Army Vehicles:
Main Battle Tank: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=688044
Infantry Support vehicle: (If Any) https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=688044
Armoured Personnel Carrier: (If Any) https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=688044
Self-Propelled Artillery: (If Any) https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=688044
Strengths: All armored vehicles are equipped with energy shielding, allowing them to survive large amounts of punishment and are comparatively fast for their armour. They also pack heavy armaments to boast as well, forming a formidable fighting force.
Weaknesses: AFVs suffer from being more complex than it's enemies and thus harder to maintain on a far flung colony like Keres. Any battle damage is going to be harder to repair than their adversaries. They also are more volatile. A nasty hit to the ammunition (which is mainly plasma) can cause a massive detonation, injuring anyone too close.
Space Force:
Cruiser: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Battleship: (If Any)https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Carrier: (If Any)https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Destroyer: (If Any)https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Corvette: (If Any)https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Starfighter: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Dreadnought: (If Any)https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_interstellar_federation/detail=factbook/id=630870
Strengths: They perform well in all areas and are very multi-role. They boast a massive amount of firepower and defences and carry a large complement as well.
Weaknesses: Interstellar starships are quite large and thus harder to maneuver around a battlespace. They are however not lacking in speed compared to other nation's starships.

RP sample: (If you don't have one, just show me a short example of your writing. Also, if I've RPed with you before, don't worry about this so much) Remember the good 'ol Vortexian Civil War?
Interstellar Federation
Of knowledge and peace
IIWiki l Website l AEGIS Alliance

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:28 am

The Interstellar Federation wrote:-snip-

Yeah, I remember the "good 'ol Vortexian Civil War" where you godmodded smashed my fleets into utter oblivion quite badly. :lol:

Just clean up the app a little (Delete the stuff in brackets), make sure those links work. But other than that, you're good to go. Welcome aboard, me hearty.

Is this where you wanted your colony, Sir?
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

The Interstellar Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Interstellar Federation » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 am

Ella2 6 wrote:
The Interstellar Federation wrote:-snip-

Yeah, I remember the "good 'ol Vortexian Civil War" where you godmodded smashed my fleets into utter oblivion quite badly. :lol:

Just clean up the app a little (Delete the stuff in brackets), make sure those links work. But other than that, you're good to go. Welcome aboard, me hearty.

Is this where you wanted your colony, Sir?

No, the piece of land above it, to the right.
Interstellar Federation
Of knowledge and peace
IIWiki l Website l AEGIS Alliance

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents