NATION

PASSWORD

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [OOC] [ALIVE!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [OOC] [ALIVE!]

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion
The OOC Thread

"Good day to you and welcome to the world of Pokémon! This world is inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon. They're spread across all four corners of the planet, their habitats ranging from the highest peaks to the deepest oceans and new Pokémon are being discovered every day! Some Pokémon are kept as pets, while others are used to battle. But where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Professor Hazel Filbert and it is my job to study Pokémon."

Now with that mandatory Pokémon opening, welcome to "Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion", as you can tell this is a Pokémon roleplay! This roleplay is also a reboot of an older roleplay which I made last year! The roleplay takes place in Anglion, a well known region which is renowned for having good ties with Unova and Kalos. It is also known for it's huge role in the war against Deutschia that took place long ago...

In terms of Pokémon, Anglion is an incredibly diverse region. There are some Pokémon in Anglion which many thought only existed in other regions such as Alola. There are stories of Mythological and even Legendary Pokémon visiting the region. Back in the olden days, it was believed that four Pokémon protected the Anglion region, just like the Tapus do with the Alolan islands.

Important Info
OP
Gurori
Co-OPs
Achesia
Links
Archive Thread
IC

Rules

The NationStates Rules
Follow them or you're gonna have a bad time.

My Word is LAW.
I'll happily take ideas, advice and criticism but if a decision needs to be made and the Co-OPs can't do it then I will do it for them.

Regarding Post Quality
A minimum of four lines is active here, your post MUST have at least four lines to count. Also in regards to IC time, travelling from one town to another will always take a couple of posts.

Catching Pokémon

This concept is almost identical to the anime, fighting a Pokémon and almost knocking it out cold isn't the only way to capture it. A Pokémon might decided that you're their friend. Some Pokémon will outright refuse to be part of your team yet still need a helping hand and catching them will only make them a disobedient Pokémon for Arceus knows how long. Also, it'll be myself or a Co-OP who decides which Pokémon appear , it's stats and how the encounter goes. Nobody can capture legendary Pokémon. IF you manage to catch a Pokémon, you may put an entry of it in your Archive post (using the Pokémon Application Formatting).

Battles

Like the anime, it's not a turn-based system. The Pokémon can actively dodge, have attack clashes and trainers can even use the circumstances to their advantage. The concepts of Levels will not be used (it was used before but it just didn't work well). Challenging NPCs (e.g gym leaders) is done by the OP or Co-OP, just ask for the outcome of the battle, check the gym leader's team and get posting.. A Pokémon will always become stronger after each battle, even if it's only by a small amount.

There Is No Character Limit
But if you don't think you can handle over 3 characters, you probably can't.

Shinies!

Yes, Shinies exist in the roleplay but they shall be the only form of alternate colour schemes for Pokémon (except for Vivillion, that thing comes in all sorts of colours). Legendary Pokémon won't have their shiny forms as this roleplay goes by the logic of "there is only one of each legendary".

Evolution & Forms in General

Not all Alola Form Pokémon will be available in Anglion, the only Pokémon that will be are:
  • Alolan Meowth
  • Alolan Persian
  • Alolan Rattata
  • Alolan Raticate
  • Alolan Vulpix
  • Alolan Ninetales
  • Alolan Grimer
  • Alolan Muk

Non-Item Evolution (formerly Level-Based Evolution) will be decided by a Co-OP or OP. Item-based evolutions can be initiated by the player granted they have the correct item to do so. Mega Evolution won't be happening for a while and the Mega Stones will only be available in certain parts of the roleplay. Trade-based evolution works exactly the same as it does in the games (there will be an explanation behind Kadabra evolving in the wild) and there will also be a way to evolve them without risking your Pokémon getting stolen.

Movesets
While we do not use levels here, learning moves can only happen at a certain stage or something like that. What move your Pokémon learns after a battle (or during battle) is decided by an OP or Co-OP. It likely won't be an incredibly powerful move though.

Z-Moves
Z-Moves will work exactly like they do in-game, you require a Z-Ring and a two Z Crystals of the same type. There is a list below with the name of ALL of the Z Crystals. Do not read it if you do not want it to be spoiled.
  • Buginium Z
  • Darkinium Z
  • Dragonium Z
  • Electrium Z
  • Fairium Z
  • Fightinium Z
  • Firium Z
  • Flying Z (Not final name)
  • Ghostium Z
  • Grassium Z
  • Groundium Z
  • Icium Z
  • Normalium Z
  • Poisonium Z
  • Psychium
  • Rockium Z
  • Steelium Z
  • Waterium Z
  • Pikanium Z (Pikachu Exclusive)
  • Aloraichium Z (Alola Raichu exclusive)
  • Eevium Z (Eevee exclusive)
  • Snorlium Z (Snorlax exclusive)
  • Tapunium Z (Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini exclusive)
  • Decidium Z (Decidueye Exclusive)
  • Primarium Z (Primarina Exclusive)
  • Incinium Z (Incineroar Exclusive)
  • Pikachunium Z (Ash's Pikachu Exclusive)
  • Marshadium Z (Marshadow Exclusive)
  • Mewnium Z (Mew Exclusive, yes it has it's own Z crystal instead of a mega evolution)

Starter Pokémon

No legendary starters, no fossil starters, no mythical starters. Must be a first-stage Pokémon and capable of evolving at least once (Mega Evolutions do NOT count). Some first-stage Pokémon are exempt from this such as Scyther since it's too OP to be a starter.

Breaking any of these rules will result in warnings, temporary bans from the roleplay or permanent banishment from the roleplay.

Application Forms

TRAINER
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright][img]INSERT APPEARANCE IMAGE HERE, KEEP IT TO A MODEST SIZE[/img][/floatright]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief Biography:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Starter Pokémon:[/b][/box]

POKÉMON
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Nickname Here)[/size]
[size=110]The (Insert Pokémon Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright][img]INSERT APPEARANCE IMAGE HERE, KEEP IT TO A MODEST SIZE[/img][/floatright]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Trainer:[/b]
[b]Pokéball Type:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] (I'd suggest looking at Bulbapedia)
[b]Attacks:[/b] (For this roleplay it's a maximum of six, I'd suggest looking at Bulbapedia)
[/box]

Last edited by Gurori on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 am, edited 62 times in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Hey, can we have characters rhat specialize? Battle Girl? Bug Catcher? Psychic? Maybe a bonus with that type of pokemon?

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Can i make that corporation idea? If not, can i still stick with the henchman and his incompetent buddies?

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can i make that corporation idea? If not, can i still stick with the henchman and his incompetent buddies?

Sure!

EDIT: TG it to me so nobody gets spoiler'd.
Last edited by Gurori on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Can i make that corporation idea? If not, can i still stick with the henchman and his incompetent buddies?

Sure!

Is it okay if i make the henchman and his buddies first then reveal his boss later? Also, unlike team rocket expect them to be wearing business wear and be victim to slapstick like these guys.
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/def ... rimary.jpg

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:Hey, can we have characters rhat specialize? Battle Girl? Bug Catcher? Psychic? Maybe a bonus with that type of pokemon?

Yep.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Gurori wrote:
Sure!

Is it okay if i make the henchman and his buddies first then reveal his boss later? Also, unlike team rocket expect them to be wearing business wear and be victim to slapstick like these guys.

Sure.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Is it okay if i make the henchman and his buddies first then reveal his boss later? Also, unlike team rocket expect them to be wearing business wear and be victim to slapstick like these guys.

Sure.

Is it okay if the henchman's two buddies are NPCs controlled by either me or you?

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Gurori wrote:
Sure.

Is it okay if the henchman's two buddies are NPCs controlled by either me or you?

I suppose so.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Is it okay if the henchman's two buddies are NPCs controlled by either me or you?

I suppose so.

Throughout most of the rp,he and his buddies are going to be going around the region capturing and stealing Pokemon for his bosses' unknown agenda. Also, he is going to be a straight man for his buddies' stupidity and clumsiness.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Hikari Nakama

Personality: Mostly Carefree and Kind. Sometimes Serious and even Pushy
Brief Biography: Born in Kanto to a Famous Trainer and a Pokémon Nurse, Hikari was expected to be an incredible trainer but the problem was that he was in fact scared of Pokémon! When he was seven years old, his father's Charizard had laid an Egg and decided that Hikari should look after it to overcome his fear. When the Egg hatched into Charmander, Hikari was scared at first but soon warmed up to Charmander.
Dislikes: The Ocean, Swimming Pools (he cannae sweem XD)

Starter Pokémon: Charmander

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Charmander
The Charmander!

Level: Seven

Personality: Protective, Proud, Carefree
Brief Bio: Charmander started off as an egg and hatched where he'd meet Hikari. They eventually bonded and are now best friends.
Dislikes: The Ocean, Swimming Pools

Trainer: Hikari
Pokéball Type: Pokéball
Ability: Blaze
Attacks: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember
Last edited by Gurori on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Professor Hazel Filbert

Personality: Carefree, Kind
Brief Biography: Born, raised, learnt, became professor, boom done. (Im just lazyapping here, y'all shouldn't do this).
Dislikes: Abuse of Pokémon

Starter Pokémon: N/A

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:41 pm

I guess the professor will hate The henchmen then. Not that they abuse the pokemon they capture, but they do steal most of them.
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Shark isle wrote:I guess the professor will hate The henchmen then. Not that they abuse the pokemon they capture, but they do steal most of them.

To be honest it fits since the Pokémon Professors generally hate the evil groups XD

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Gurori wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I guess the professor will hate The henchmen then. Not that they abuse the pokemon they capture, but they do steal most of them.

To be honest it fits since the Pokémon Professors generally hate the evil groups XD

Maybe I can have them break into her lab and bungle the attempted heist of one of her Pokemon Three Stooges style.
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Pokémon Character
Character Application:
(Orphaned) Ghastly.
Ability: Levitate.
Nature: Quirky.
Level 8
Moves: Smog (Egg Move), Hypnosis, Lick, Mean Look, Curse.

Episode 1: Ghastly's trainer had received him as a gift from her mother, who worked as a Nurse in the Pokémon Daycare Center near Dublio. Ghastly and his new trainer bonded instantly. They began travelling to Esse Town, to join in the new call by Professor to help complete the Anglionish Pokedex. After passing through Belton and seeing a few pokemon trainers and battles, His trainer decided that they needed a bigger team, so the pair headed east from Belton Town towards the Ferry to West Engla. Unfortunately, while looking for wild pokemon, Ghastly's trainer tripped and the trainer's head struck a rock, in precisely the wrong way, which killed her.
Ghastly remained and guarded her body against scavengers.

Because of strong winds, which threatened to tear the fabric of Ghastly's being apart, Ghastly sought refuge inside his trainer's corpse. Without knowing how, Ghastly has managed to bond to and animate his trainer's corpse. This bonding is not perfect as it is sometimes difficult to distinguish where the host ends and Ghastly begins. There seemed to have been some residual chemical memory in the body and Ghastly was not certain exactly what he (or she) is. It was their fondest wish to get "home".....

Episode 2: After the successful completion of episode 1, Ghastly took up residence in a standing hollow tree, to protect himself during times of strong winds, on the Beltane Plains, on the route between Belton and Dublio. From there, he ranges out looking for other pokemon to challenge in an effort to grow stronger. When he believes himself ready, he plans to challenge the gym at Dublio.

Maybe one day he will be captured by a pokemon trainer, but Ghastly intends to make sure that he's not caught by just any trainer. Ghastly wants to be the companion of a worthy trainer.

- - - - -
Application Forms

TRAINER
Anith

Home Town: Sogdamp Town
Personality: Tom Boy
Brief Biography: Anith was a young girl who didn't care for "girly" things. She wanted to see the world and adventure. Being girly meant that you'd have to be nice to some boy who would treat you like you were fragile and made of sugar. Being more like a boy would give her opportunities that most girls wouldn't get to have..., but one day, she would like to maybe raise a baby. But until that time came, she wanted to be her own person.
Wooly's egg was found by a Skier. The Skier figured that an abandoned egg was probably dead inside and that it was likely only good as a decoration. On the Skier's trip back to their home in the city, they traded the egg for some farm fresh vegetables that Anith was selling by the roadside. Anith took the egg with her, almost everywhere and talked to it like it was her baby. After months of caring for it, the egg began to crack open and the new Swinub emerged, which Anith named, "Wooly". With her new pokemon, Anith went to special after school classes to prepare them both for a pokemon journey.
Dislikes: Big Cities, Noise, Cactus type plants.
Starter Pokémon: Swinub

POKÉMON
Wooly
Swinub

Level: 5
Personality: Confident (Bold)
Brief Bio: Wooly's egg was found by a Skier. The Skier figured that an abandoned egg was probably dead inside and that it was likely only good as a decoration. On the Skier's trip back to their home in the city, they traded the egg for some farm fresh vegetables that Anith was selling by the roadside. Anith took the egg with her, almost everywhere and talked to it like it was her baby. After months of caring for it, the egg began to crack open and the new Swinub emerged, which Anith named, "Wooly". With her new pokemon, Anith went to special after school classes to prepare them both for a pokemon journey.
Likes: Sour Foods and Sour Berries, Cool Weather, Training and Fighting.
Dislikes: Spicy Foods, Fire Type Pokémon, Swimming.
Trainer: Anith
Pokéball Type: Heavy
Ability: Thick Fat
Attacks: Ancient Power (egg move), Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Mud Sport.
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Marcus Sage

Personality: He knows a lot more than he lets on, but certainly doesn't mind sharing that information with others. He seems kind, but there's something... off about him.
Brief Biography: Marcus was born and raised in Inver Town. From a young age, he always had an affinity for making friends with pokémon, at the expense of his parent's concern. He once brought a wild Zangoose back home! As for the only pokémon he kept with him, not even his parents know the details. He just wandered into the forest one day, and he came back with a Zorua, one that had become bery close to him. When he wasn't out in nature with pokémon, Marcus was in a library, learning whatever he can about them.
Likes: Learning/knowing, nature, silence and being alone (unless he's with only pokémon)
Dislikes: Extremely loud noises, large groups, not knowing/being wrong.

Starter Pokémon: Zorua

Lucky
The Zorua

Personality: Like most Zorua, Lucky likes to play tricks on others, usually by taking the form of his trainer. He's not like that with Marcus, though, to whom he is very playful and protective to.
Brief Bio: Before meeting Marcus, Lucky lived in the woods around Inver Town. Nothing else is known about this peculiar Zorua.
Dislikes: Sweet foods, boring things, and boring people.

Trainer: Marcus Sage
Pokéball Type: Pokéball.
Ability: Illusion
Attacks:
  • Scratch
  • Leer
  • Pursuit
  • Detect
Last edited by Mundeo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:07 pm

I'll write up an application for this one now that our other Pokemon RP seems to have died off at the tournament.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:13 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:
Application Forms

TRAINER
Anith

Personality: Tom Boy
Brief Biography: Anith was a young girl who didn't care for "girly" things. She wanted to see the world and adventure. Being girly meant that you'd have to be nice to some boy who would treat you like you were fragile and made of sugar. Being more like a boy would give her opportunities that most girls wouldn't get to have..., but one day, she would like to maybe raise a baby. But until that time came, she wanted to be her own person.
Wooly's egg was found by a Skier. The Skier figured that an abandoned egg was probably dead inside and that it was likely only good as a decoration. On the Skier's trip back to their home in the city, they traded the egg for some farm fresh vegetables that Anith was selling by the roadside. Anith took the egg with her, almost everywhere and talked to it like it was her baby. After months of caring for it, the egg began to crack open and the new Swinub emerged, which Anith named, "Wooly". With her new pokemon, Anith went to special after school classes to prepare them both for a pokemon journey.
Dislikes: Big Cities, Noise, Cactus type plants.
Starter Pokémon: Swinub

POKÉMON
Wooly
Swinub

Personality: Confident (Bold)
Brief Bio: Wooly's egg was found by a Skier. The Skier figured that an abandoned egg was probably dead inside and that it was likely only good as a decoration. On the Skier's trip back to their home in the city, they traded the egg for some farm fresh vegetables that Anith was selling by the roadside. Anith took the egg with her, almost everywhere and talked to it like it was her baby. After months of caring for it, the egg began to crack open and the new Swinub emerged, which Anith named, "Wooly". With her new pokemon, Anith went to special after school classes to prepare them both for a pokemon journey.
Likes: Sour Foods and Sour Berries, Cool Weather, Training and Fighting.
Dislikes: Spicy Foods, Fire Type Pokémon, Swimming.
Trainer: Anith
Pokéball Type: Heavy
Attacks: Ancient Power (egg move), Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Mud Sport.

Anith is good to go, Wooly is good to go as well.

Mundeo wrote:
Marcus Sage

Personality: He knows a lot more than he lets on, but certainly doesn't mind sharing that information with others. He seems kind, but there's something... off about him.
Brief Biography: Marcus was born and raised in Inver Town. From a young age, he always had an affinity for making friends with pokémon, at the expense of his parent's concern. He once brought a wild Zangoose back home! As for the only pokémon he kept with him, not even his parents know the details. He just wandered into the forest one day, and he came back with a Zorua, one that had become bery close to him. When he wasn't out in nature with pokémon, Marcus was in a library, learning whatever he can about them.
Likes: Learning/knowing, nature, silence and being alone (unless he's with only pokémon)
Dislikes: Extremely loud noises, large groups, not knowing/being wrong.

Starter Pokémon: Zorua

Lucky
The Zorua

Personality: Like most Zorua, Lucky likes to play tricks on others, usually by taking the form of his trainer. He's not like that with Marcus, though, to whom he is very playful and protective to.
Brief Bio: Before meeting Marcus, Lucky lived in the woods around Inver Town. Nothing else is known about this peculiar Zorua.
Dislikes: Sweet foods, boring things, and boring people.

Trainer: Marcus Sage
Pokéball Type: Pokéball.
Ability: Illusion
Attacks:
  • Scratch
  • Leer
  • Pursuit
  • Detect

Accepted (wow I should actually add Ability to the Pokémon app XD).
Last edited by Gurori on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:16 am

Also just a quick heads up, the journey begins down south in Sunbay Town.

I've not actually thought of where the gyms should be yet either aside from the one in Lakesect's analogue of Big Ben (which itself needs a name but will probably be steel type).

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:26 am

Incoming map modifications.

And please put your accepted apps into the archive (where we can update the data whenever needed)

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:54 am

Map Updates:

Renamed the three Scolts.

Added another Scolt area.

More landmarks coming soon.

More islands coming soon.

Volcano coming soon.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:15 am

The Gym Locations are set, here's my ideas for the gym typings.

Gym 1: Esse Town, Normal Type (Because the first gym should be EASY)

Gym 2: Dublio City, Rock Type (Dublio city is located on a mountain)

Gym 3: Glasgon City, Poison Type (Glasgon City is a bustling city which means air pollution)

Gym 4: Inver Town, Grass Type (It's located in the plains)

Gym 5: Colton Town, Water Type (It's on an island)

Gym 6: Lakesect City, Steel Type (The gym's inside Big Ben analogue, meaning there's a fuckton of gears inside! This one has been pre-decided to be the gym typing)

Gym 7: Cardinal Town, Dragon Type (Walos is the Wales Analogue, Wales likes Dragons)

Gym 8: Pinnacle City, Ice Type (It's very cold to the north)

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 am

Shark isle wrote:
Gurori wrote:

Maybe I can have them break into her lab and bungle the attempted heist of one of her Pokemon Three Stooges style.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse