NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Civilization Rebuilt (OOC, JOIN HERE)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Fallout: Civilization Rebuilt (OOC, JOIN HERE)

Postby Tongan Coast » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Fallout: Civilization Rebuilt

After thousands of posts, it is time for the wildly popular Fallout: Rebuilding Civilization to find new life, in a new thread. This is a rare chance for nations who where not previously involved to get a chance to join in on this rounds events. Note: This is not a Fallout RP, some things are similar, but not the same.

IC:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=389475

History
Five Years After the Events of the Previous Thread
During 2070 7 Years before the war started, the United Nations released a report called Population Report 15 which described how humans had reached the carrying capacity of the planet and would within 20 years completely deplete all the resources on the planet.
This was a precursor to a series of wars over resources, water, land, farmland, metals which raged in the shadows for seven years.
In 2075, a virus was released called the Rage virus a variation on rabies. It was the first version of the walker plague. It first raged through India and Pakistan then began spreading around the world. By 2076, the plague was contained. However, not before a bioterrorist group called the Red Hand managed to get samples of the plague. They believed in limiting the population of humans on earth.
In 2077 a limited nuclear war happened. Beijing and Moscow were hit by an orbital thors hammer strike from a spy satellite of unknown origins. This triggered a counter strike against the United States which led to a nuclear war. What saved humanity was the presence of a secret network of anti-ballistic lasers, railguns, and missiles. This limited the war enough for humanity to survive.
Also, some of the AI military systems went rogue and refused to launch the missiles. Of particular importance was an AI in Texas attached to the Eschalon network which killed all the people in the base and decided to start over. This AI has escaped its base and is building a separate city. It has been kidnapping children and gathering allies for a completely unknown purpose.
However, the Red Hand acted in the chaos to reduce the population size of the survivors. They released an airborne virus which sterilized people. By the time the virus finished, there were pockets of thousands of survivors, mutants, and others. Where there would have been millions, there were thousands. This left massive areas of open land and inexplicable emptiness in many places.
Through 2077, the war raged on for three years until there was no more capacity for war. This was followed by a nuclear winter that lasted for a full twenty years.
Some of the government survived in Canada and other places. There were bunkers set up for several years underground. The governments tried to stay hidden and maintain a kind of peace. Those that survived formed a secret organization called the Organization of Nonaligned States whose goal was to stop the formation of a technological superpower and prevent the path to nuclear war happening again.
There were others who went into deep bunkers with cold sleep. Consolidated Equity Estates Planning corporation had quietly made arrangements for some of the world's most powerful corporate leaders to be put into cold sleep as the war happened. They remained in deep vaults which are just now starting to open. They would not open until there were signs of emerging civilization.
A few of the military bases survived the war in the deep oceans. These bases were built by China, the United States, and Russia and were designed for long term survival. There have been rumors that submarines flying the old worlds colors have started appearing.
The emergence of factions in the old world has caused instability. In Sunny Acre Farms, Magadan was attacked and destroyed, but not before some of the assets were moved. The attack came from unknown assailants. During the attack, Doctor Faustus and his assistant Nancy were revealed to be agents of the red hand. Doctor Faustus was killed and Nancy escaped. Seattle harbor and many of the trade harbors had ships laden with explosives and napalm disguised as merchant ships enter the harbor and level them.
In Texas there was a civil war between the AI factions and the Brotherhood of Steel. There were two AI factions, an AI faction which had built android humans, and an AI faction that had built combat robots. The Brotherhood came out the victor because they were able to get arms and additional troops from Canadian holdings overwhelming the AIs as well as heavy weapons, rocket technology and armor through trade.
However, one of the complexes where the Rogue AI was thought to be was found to be completely empty. It had moved out into the world and escaped from Texas. The contents of this facility were supposed to be enough to supply 100,000 people.
The UAR, Hungary, Sunny Acre Farms and others were plagued by by anti-tech raiders who attempted to destroy their manufacturing capacity as well as rashes of kidnappings of children and strange cases of corruption where people appeared to be physically altered (plastic surgery, gene therapy, and other methods)
A new order has slowly emerged, different than the old order. Civilization has returned, but a different kind of civilization in some ways.

Old Thread

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=375489

Co-Ops
Regents
Universal Commons

Map
http://i.imgur.com/VLbiTix.png
Updated as of 9/20/16

Applications
Code: Select all
Faction name:
Ideology:
Leader:
Background:
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start):
Organization flag or symbol:
Location in the world:
Number of troops in military:(must be smaller at start)
leave this: 885

Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Affilation (Good, Evil, Neutral):
Equipment:
Small background story:
Last edited by Tongan Coast on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arstotzzkka
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arstotzzkka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Faction name:Arstotzka
Ideology:Military
Leader:Bruce Graves
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start):15,000
Organization flag or symbol:My flag
Location in the world:Alaska
Number of troops in military:1000
Last edited by Arstotzzkka on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
Fuck Antifa.
Communism is the very definition of failure! ~Liberty Prime

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Tagging.

Sorry I didn't post in the last one, I didn't have much time to.

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 pm

Arstotzzkka wrote:Faction name:Arstotzka
Leader:Zed Grey

How is this gonna fit in? I thought Zed Grey was killed in battle. Perhaps he survived somehow?

Arstotzzkka
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Arstotzzkka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:44 pm

oh sorry,I will edit it and put in a new one.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
Fuck Antifa.

Arstotzzkka
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Arstotzzkka » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:12 pm

There
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
Fuck Antifa.

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 am

Arstotzzkka wrote:Faction name:Arstotzka
Leader:Bruce Graves

This works, approved.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 am

tag

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Faction name: Brotherhood of Steel
Ideology: Democratic Technocracy
Leader: High Elder Garroth Ro'Meave
Background: When Factions started to fall The Brotherhood pulled together Avoiding Falling.The Brotherhood Had been one of the only surviving Factions the High Elder Had said "Do not worry we will Pull through! Like this Brotherhood always has we are the most Technologiclly advanced Civilization We WILL pull through like always Brotherhood and Sisters" then on they advanced into Nevada and California
Population: 15,000
Organization flag or symbol: Image
Location in the world: DC, Arkansas, Alberta, Texas, Nevada and California
Number of troops in military: 10,000
Last edited by New Antegria II on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Petrovsky News: 11/19/2017 - General Secretary Иван Петров announced that several agreements have been reached with Zitravgrad, including but not limited to, an Alliance | Petrovsky has applied to become a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky has re-applied to become a member of the International Exchange Student Program; 11/20/2017 - Petrovsky becomes a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky re-applies to become a member of the International Anti Terrorist Alliance

95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signature.

Full Member of the International Space Federation

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Faction name: New Republic of England
Ideology: Democratic republicanism
Leader: Booker Luell
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start): 5,000
Organization flag or symbol: English flag.
Location in the world: Scottish flag.
Number of troops in military: 500(must be smaller at start)
Last edited by Tysoania on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:56 am

Tysoania wrote:Faction name: New Republic of England
Location in the world: Scottish flag.

Could you post a background?

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:32 am

So let me get this straight. This is a "rebuilding civilization" RP that picks up a little while after the last one left off? Some civ's return and new people can make their own?

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:18 am

Tongan Coast wrote:Could you post a background?

Of course. I didn't see a background on any of the other ones, so I figured it had been dropped.

Location in the world: English flag.
Background: A small, independent militia movement based in southern England, but has considerable influence in central England. It is based around the prewar values of democracy and community, as well as capitalism. It is mostly made up of farms, with only a few towns. The militia is volunteer-based; as such, it is not capable of a sustained offensive needed to control the rest of England. Its elected leader is Booker Luell, who is also the General of the militia.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:36 am

Serio wrote:So let me get this straight. This is a "rebuilding civilization" RP that picks up a little while after the last one left off? Some civ's return and new people can make their own?

Correct!

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 am

Tysoania wrote:
Tongan Coast wrote:Could you post a background?

Of course. I didn't see a background on any of the other ones, so I figured it had been dropped.

Location in the world: English flag.
Background: A small, independent militia movement based in southern England, but has considerable influence in central England. It is based around the prewar values of democracy and community, as well as capitalism. It is mostly made up of farms, with only a few towns. The militia is volunteer-based; as such, it is not capable of a sustained offensive needed to control the rest of England. Its elected leader is Booker Luell, who is also the General of the militia.

Accepted, sorry I should have been more clear the ones that didn't have backgrounds were returning civs.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Faction name: The Enclave
Ideology: At face value the Enclave represents democracy and freedom. Underneath that they will do anything to reunite American under their banner and carry a hate for non humans.
Leader: Colonel Augustus Autumn.
Background: The Enclave are remnants of the US government and military who claim to be the legitimate successors of the United States. The Enclave has been hidden for years underground. They have just recently opened themselves up to the world from their deep, underground vaults. Not wanting to make a huge scene the Enclave began its work in secret and has spread itself across the ruins of the US via puppet states. The Enclave now is trying to centralize it's rule over its puppets and push further towards their goal of reuniting the wastelands under their rule.
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start): The Enclave under their direct control have 15,000 men composed of soldiers, scientists, engineers, and many other positions. Their puppet governments around several major cities hold much more but they do not directly have influence over them. Yet.
Organization flag or symbol: Enclave Symbol from Fallout.
Location in the world: DC is their main outpost with puppets in Chicago, Vancouver, and Detroit. They own a military base in Thunder Bay.
Number of troops in military: Around 7,000 of the Enclave's current personnel is considered part of the military, with most concentrated in DC, though many are spread out between their puppet governments.
Last edited by Pacific Brotherhood of Steel on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:18 pm

So I saw that there are submarines flying old world flags. Could I be a faction as one of these just kind of cruising around trying to find out whats going on? Like a nomad, but in a submarine and the "tribe" is the crew

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Faction Name: New Aurelian Empire
Ideology: Falangism and Autocracy
Leader: Archon Lorianos Drakos
Background:Work in Progress.
Population: 10,000
Organization Flag:

Location: The Aurelian Imperial territories include Greece, Southern Macedonia, and Eastern Albania, all designated as provinces.
Military: The Aurelian Empire maintains a standing army of 1,000 soldiers, though only about one quarter of them are veteran troops. The rest are conscripts and 'redeemers'.

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Serio wrote:So I saw that there are submarines flying old world flags. Could I be a faction as one of these just kind of cruising around trying to find out whats going on? Like a nomad, but in a submarine and the "tribe" is the crew

If you make an app with a background that sounds reasonable I don't see why not. Just as long as you don't say you have WMDs on board or something

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:27 am

Tongan Coast wrote:
Serio wrote:So I saw that there are submarines flying old world flags. Could I be a faction as one of these just kind of cruising around trying to find out whats going on? Like a nomad, but in a submarine and the "tribe" is the crew

If you make an app with a background that sounds reasonable I don't see why not. Just as long as you don't say you have WMDs on board or something

Yeah, I was thinking it could be a nuclear submarine or something along those lines. It won't be armed though, just be able to support life for a year or two.

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:15 am

I'm gonna get an application for a nuclear submarine crew up soon. I need to do some research on how they work so I can generate a narrative about it's crew. It'll be up this weekend hopefully.

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 am

Serio wrote:I'm gonna get an application for a nuclear submarine crew up soon. I need to do some research on how they work so I can generate a narrative about it's crew. It'll be up this weekend hopefully.

Sounds great

New Antegria II
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antegria II » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Faction name: Brotherhood of Steel
Ideology: Democratic Technocracy
Leader: High Elder Garroth Ro'Meave
Background: When Factions started to fall The Brotherhood pulled together Avoiding Falling.The Brotherhood Had been one of the only surviving Factions the High Elder Had said "Do not worry we will Pull through! Like this Brotherhood always has we are the most Technologiclly advanced Civilization We WILL pull through like always Brotherhood and Sisters" then on they advanced into Nevada and California
Population: 15,000
Organization flag or symbol: Image
Location in the world: DC, Arkansas, Alberta, Texas, Nevada and California
Number of troops in military: 10,000
Petrovsky News: 11/19/2017 - General Secretary Иван Петров announced that several agreements have been reached with Zitravgrad, including but not limited to, an Alliance | Petrovsky has applied to become a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky has re-applied to become a member of the International Exchange Student Program; 11/20/2017 - Petrovsky becomes a member of the International Space Federation | Petrovsky re-applies to become a member of the International Anti Terrorist Alliance

95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signature.

Full Member of the International Space Federation

Kalarax
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalarax » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Faction name: The Empire of New Kalarax
Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Leaders: Emperor Yolkin Pavlova
Background: The remainder of the surviving Kalaraxians, they rebuild in a small city in Europe that they now call home and have began expanding and conquering nearby settlements.
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start): 8'000
Organization flag or symbol: Kalaraxian Flag
Location in the world: Belarus
Number of troops in military:750 (must be smaller at start)
Kalarax, a very stable and somewhat progressive totalitarian state ruled by the mysterious Oligarchy. It is riddled in a strict labour system, practitioner of free market capitalism and kept in line by secret police known as Inquisitors. See Wilinisian Sweden's factbooks of a complete list of my nations, IRL.

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Kalarax wrote:Faction name: The Empire of New Kalarax
Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Leaders: Emperor Yolkin Pavlova
Background: The remainder of the surviving Kalaraxians, they rebuild in a small city in Europe that they now call home and have began expanding and conquering nearby settlements.
Population: (can't exceed fifteen thousand at start): 8'000
Organization flag or symbol: Kalaraxian Flag
Location in the world: Belarus
Number of troops in military:750 (must be smaller at start)

A little more backstory please

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse