NATION

PASSWORD

Lords of Middle-Earth [Civ Build] [LOTR] [OOC] [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

What should the focus of the RP be?

Civ Building
67%
Roleplaying the current characters/realms
33%

Total votes : 30

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Lords of Middle-Earth [Civ Build] [LOTR] [OOC] [OPEN]

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:26 am

Lords of Middle-Earth

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

Morgoth has been overthrown and cast down in defeat, and a new Age has begun. The War of Wrath brought the ruin of Beleriand, causing the mass-migration of Elves, Dwarves, and Men to more Easterly lands. The former servants of Morgoth too, fled the ruin of Beleriand, and while many have hidden themselves in the deep places of the earth, other now prowl the lands, to plunder and slaughter the Free Peoples. Ereinion Gil-galad rules as High King of the Nolder from Lindon, while the Longbeards rule from the great dwarven hall of Khazad-dûm. Many of the men of the west live now in the Isle of Numenor, but with their mighty fleets, they have begun to return to the coasts of Middle-Earth.

Hello, and welcome to Lords of Middle-Earth, a civ building RP set in the Second Age of the Sun. You will be able to create either a custom civilization, or play as either Numenor, Durin's Folk, Fangorn, or Lindon. The P.O.D. is 1 S.A., while the date of the RP is 600 S.A.

Topographical Map
Nation Map
IC Thread

OP: Austria and Bavaria
Co-OP: G-Tech Corporation

Rules

1. The word of the OP (Me) and Co-OP (None atm) is law.

2. No Powergaming, Metagaming, etc.

3. Be polite, rudeness is not appreciated. Be considerate and kind towards your fellow players

4. Be reasonable and retain accuracy to the canon and realism.

5. Please, post regularly. Inactivity is what kills RPs.

6. Don't be too fast. Rome wasn't built in a day, and major changes do not happen overnight.

7. Please, use proper grammar and spelling. Typos and other errors are tolerable from time to time, but consistent poor spelling/ grammar is not acceptable.

8. I will not accept over the top or unreasonable apps. I hope to see apps that, within reason, fit with the canon.

9. No Maiar Characters.

10. Do not app for large realms. Nations have to start small.

Realms

Numenor - G-Tech Corporation

Lindon - Maineiacs

Durin's Folk

Fangorn

Lórinand - Austria and Bavaria

Hocazid Kingdom - Krugmar

Kingdom of Amrûn - Apostolic Hungary

Ethkunni-a Krëthegil - Arlye Austros

Dhahil-dûm - New Papan

Clan Blackhand - Elerian

Carn Dûm - Remnants of Exilvania

Cridiantún - Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States

Forindon - High Republic of Portugal

Eregion - Rezua

Ángrennórë - Sil Arion

Haruzan - Trotza

Kahalnt duk Narl - Ism

Throk-dûm - Caltharus

Lossoth Renegades - New Zacharia

Kypchek Khand - Bhikkustan

Khâlrim - Nulukkizdin

Eastern Ered Luin - Korhal IVV

(Will add custom realms as they are applied for)

Available Races:

Quendi (Elves):

Nandor (Green-Elves)
Tawarwaith (Silvan Elves)
Sindar (Grey Elves)
Noldor (Deep Elves)
Avari (Dark Elves)

Edain (Men):

Haladin (House of Haleth)
Hadorian (House of Hador)
Easterlings (Swarthy Men)
Drúedain (Drûgs/Woses)
Beornings (Skinchangers)

Naugrim (Dwarves):

Longbeards (Durin's Folk)
Firebeards (Úri's Folk)
Broadbeams (Linnar's Folk)
Ironfists (Sindri's Folk)
Stiffbeards (Thulin's Folk)
Blacklocks (Var's Folk)
Stonefoots (Vigdís's Folk)

Yrch (Orcs)

Goblins (Lesser Orcs)
Uruks (Great Orcs)

Code: Select all
[b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Banner, Emblem, or Sigil:[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Notable Relatives of Leader:[/b]
[b]Ruling Royal House or Dynasty:[/b]
[b]Main Language(s)[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Capital:[/b]
[b]Allies:[/b]
[b]Enemies:[/b]
[b]Size and Quality of Military:[/b]
[b]History of Nation:[/b]
Last edited by Austria and Bavaria on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:47 am, edited 37 times in total.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 am

Mm, yes. Numenor, if you please.

Nation: Numenor, The House of Elros
Race: Numenorean
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: Numenor is oft represented by the white star on a sable field, representing the isle of the star herself.
Leader: Tar-Elendil
Notable Relatives of Leader: Silmarien and Isilme, his daughters. His wife Annailwe. His son and heir, Tar-Meneldur.
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: The House of Elros
Language: Adunaic
Capital: Armenelos
Allies: The Valar, the Elves of Tol Eressa, Lindon
Enemies: Creatures of darkness
Size and Quality of Military: Small, though with a formidable fleet. Numenorean skill at war was unmatched by any due to the quality of their skill in craft and artisanship linked with martial prowess, but they were not a kindred of men who sought battle, preferring instead to explore and build great ships to look upon the many wonders of Middle-Earth.
History of Nation:
Established by the old king, Elros, following his decision to be accounted amongst mortal men, Numenor comprises the faithful men of the House of Beor and her kindred of the Edain who fought alongside the Valar in the War of Wrath. Increased much in numbers and wisdom by the gifts of the Valar and isolation upon Westernesse, only recently have the men of the Isle of the Star began returning to the shores of Middle-Earth.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:52 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Mm, yes. Numenor, if you please.

Gotcha.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 am

Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: Numenor is oft represented by the white star on a sable field, representing the isle of the star herself.
Notable Relatives of Leader: Silmarien and Isilme, his daughters. His wife Annailwe. His son and heir, Tar-Meneldur.
Size and Quality of Military: Small, though with a formidable fleet. Numenorean skill at war was unmatched by any due to the quality of their skill in craft and artisanship linked with martial prowess, but they were not a kindred of men who sought battle, preferring instead to explore and build great ships to look upon the many wonders of Middle-Earth.
History of Nation:
Established by the old king, Elros, following his decision to be accounted amongst mortal men, Numenor comprises the faithful men of the House of Beor and her kindred of the Edain who fought alongside the Valar in the War of Wrath. Increased much in numbers and wisdom by the gifts of the Valar and isolation upon Westernesse, only recently have the men of the Isle of the Star began returning to the shores of Middle-Earth.

Wonderful app. I edited a new field into the app which I forgot (that is, main language) so if you could edit that in, it would be great. Sorry for any trouble.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:

History of Nation:

Wonderful app. I edited a new field into the app which I forgot (that is, main language) so if you could edit that in, it would be great. Sorry for any trouble.

Duly noted, and edited appropriately.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am

Language: Adunaic
History of Nation:

Accepted.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:37 am

I hate to do tag posts, but seeing as I'm abroad there's no point in me signing up right now. Definitely interested though; I'll be following this.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:36 am

Tag. I'm thinking of doing the ancestors of the men of Rhovanion.
One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

One, Holy, Catholic, and Roman Empire

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:14 am

Tag, doing skinchanger ancestors. Will add app in a while.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:27 am

Nation: Hocazâde Kralliği (Hocazid Kingdom in the common tongue), known in common as the Kingdom of Mistrand
Race: Easterlings
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: Banner
Leader: Rhûnish: Sihâbeddîn Kral, Mystran Krali
Common: King Sihâbeddîn, King of Mistrand
Notable Relatives of Leader: Aytaç Kraliçe (Queen Aytac), Kaan Şehzade, Esin Şehzade
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: Āl-e Hocazâde
Main Language(s) Rhûnish, the common tongue of the people (I have based it on Turkish, since that is what Easterling names reminded me of)
Capital: Mistrand
Allies: Avari Elves, Dwarves of Nurunkhizdin
Enemies: Surrounding Easterling Kingdoms
Size and Quality of Military: Relatively small, but well trained and well armoured. Easterlings are definitely not as advanced as the Numenoreans, but are par with the Edain's continental descendants. They are savagely efficient, their homelands being rife with war, and so much time is devoted to this art.
History of Nation: During the first age some men fled east, and would later be known as Easterlings. Life in the east was not easy, despite plentiful lands and rich resources, war was common. Various states rise and fall, either by their own internal strife, or their enemies. It is not uncommon for roaming tribes from the south to aid in the collapse of some of these states.

Hucasid was a man of excellent ability, born in the further east. He made his way west, and found service in a large but unstable empire stretching to the Sea of Rhun. He rose fast through the ranks, being named the Governor of Mystran, and serving with distinction for several years. Ultimately the empire collapsed, and the various states forming it quickly split up. Hucasid managed to keep his lands relatively intact, and still feigned loyalty to an eastern master, who no longer had any influence over this region. His son, Suhrawardî, did not keep this pretense up, and named himself King, and conquered a slight of territory to the south.

Sihâbeddîn is the young son of Suhrawardî, and is an energetic ruler. He seeks dominion over other men, and prepares to march to war to build his idealised state.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 am

Nation: The Kingdom of Amrûn
Race: Hadorian
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil:

Leader: Valamir, Lord of Rhûn
Notable Relatives of Leader:
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: Vidugavingas
Main Language(s) pre-Adûnaic (Taliska), Sindarin
Location: Hills to the southwest of the Sea of Rhûn, with places of refugee on the Isle of Rhûn
Capital: Avraskadar
Allies: Western Rhonvanion, possibly Numenorians
Enemies: Easterlings, Wainriders, Uruks
Size and Quality of Military: The military of Amrûn consists entirely of the horse archers each of the ‎Aihraida (fiftyfold companies) of the seven Wards (Halad), the high nobles of Avraskadar, and Târik Guard, the Kingdom's only infantry. An archer joins the Aihraida at the age of nine, and at the age of thirteen, it is determine whether or not he is worthy to join the Târik Guard.
History of Nation: The Kingdom of Amrûn was founded early in the Second Age when Valaravas the Worm-Slayer led a handful of the remnants of the house of Hador who had remained east of Mirkwood to their ancestral homeland on the Southwest shores of the inland sea of Rhûn. Claiming descent from the legendary city-builder Zigirakhôr (in reality the Noldorian High-King Turgon, not at all related to the ancestors of the Rhovanions), Valaravas began the raising of Avraskadar, "the City on the precipice", which was not completed until the death of the third King descend of his line. By then the empire of the Easterlings had expanded to reach the very western shores of Rhûn. After two hundred years of skirmishing found itself beleaguered on all sides, cut off from the West Rhonvanion vassals. For the next three hundred or so years, Amrûn's only contacts to the wider world came through the still independent realm of Dorwinion to the North of Rhûn. During this period a brief but bloody war between the two houses of the Wards led to the establishment of the secret havens on the Isle of Rhûn. The collapse of the Easterling realm into balkanized principalities coincided with both the beginning of Orc raids many leagues southward from their dwellings in the Grey Mountains, and the ascension to the throne of King Valamir of the line of Valaravas, who has taken the title of Lord of All Rhûn and the East of East (Ar Valamir, Khôr uin Il-Amrûn a Rhûn o Rómen, uin Zigirakhôrion a Valaravion lhûgdagnir, Halad o Avraskadar), although his actual dominion barely extends beyond the traditional cities and villages in the Amrûn hills.
Last edited by Apostolic Hungary on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Apostolic Hungary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Apostolic Hungary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 am

Krugmar wrote:Nation: Hocazâde Kralliği (Hocazid Kingdom in the common tongue), known in common as the Kingdom of Mistrand
Notable Relatives of Leader: Aytaç Kraliçe (Queen Aytac), Kaan Şehzade, Esin Şehzade
Main Language(s) Rhûnish, the common tongue of the people (I have based it on Turkish, since that is what Easterling names reminded me of)
Size and Quality of Military: Relatively small, but well trained and well armoured. Easterlings are definitely not as advanced as the Numenoreans, but are par with the Edain's continental descendants. They are savagely efficient, their homelands being rife with war, and so much time is devoted to this art.
History of Nation: During the first age some men fled east, and would later be known as Easterlings. Life in the east was not easy, despite plentiful lands and rich resources, war was common. Various states rise and fall, either by their own internal strife, or their enemies. It is not uncommon for roaming tribes from the south to aid in the collapse of some of these states.

Hucasid was a man of excellent ability, born in the further east. He made his way west, and found service in a large but unstable empire stretching to the Sea of Rhun. He rose fast through the ranks, being named the Governor of Mystran, and serving with distinction for several years. Ultimately the empire collapsed, and the various states forming it quickly split up. Hucasid managed to keep his lands relatively intact, and still feigned loyalty to an eastern master, who no longer had any influence over this region. His son, Suhrawardî, did not keep this pretense up, and named himself King, and conquered a slight of territory to the south.

Sihâbeddîn is the young son of Suhrawardî, and is an energetic ruler. He seeks dominion over other men, and prepares to march to war to build his idealised state.

Since we're practically located right next to each other, would it be alright if I incorporated some of your history?

My Political Views

On the Current Crisis

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:36 am

Krugmar wrote:Nation: Hocazâde Kralliği (Hocazid Kingdom in the common tongue), known in common as the Kingdom of Mistrand

Accepted.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am

Apostolic Hungary wrote:
Krugmar wrote:-snip-

Since we're practically located right next to each other, would it be alright if I incorporated some of your history?

Sure, go ahead.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:48 am

This is excellent, I'm so unsure as to what to play however! D:
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:This is excellent, I'm so unsure as to what to play however! D:

I'm having the same problem.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Think I'm going to play the Kingdom of Lorien.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Nation: Ethkunni-a Krëthegil - Sworn-folk/Sworn-Kin of Krëthegil
Race: Proto-Skinchangers, Hadorians
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: http://i.imgur.com/cZOE7xF.png
Leader: Chief Twëoga
Notable Relatives of Leader: The Houses of the Ethkunni
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: House of Hasumehrnin
Language: Taliska, but have integrated small bits of orkish.
Capital: No formal capital, main camp and assembly place is called "Grawuhull" ("Greyhills")
Allies: Since their origins, they have a natural tendence to friendship with the Descendants of the House of Hador.
Enemies: Since their past in slavery, they have a deep hatred for the Orcs.
Size and Quality of Military: Over the years their numbers have increased, but slowly, and battle-able men are slightly over the avarage of other Mannish realms. Their military relies mostly on ambush and skirmish, and tend to be poorly armoured.
The Sworn-folk depend on a scattered military that takes time to gather into an important force with strategic value. Overall, each of the twenty four kindred can raise between 150 and 1000 fighters.
The military can be divided into skirmishers, light infantry and heavy infantry. A small light cavalry force is supplied by House Hasumehrnin.

Skirmishers: Usually experienced hunters who favour either short or bow or javelin. They also carry a short sword into battle and some even shields. Their bodies are protected by leather and fur they make themselves through the product of their hunt. When financed for major expeditions, some may add a studded light armour. These make the core of the ambush tactics of the Ethkunni. Stronger and veteran javelinmen may even carry a larger shield. The Ethkunni may raise up to 2.000 skirmishers.

Light infantry: (Fard) The light infantry is usually protected by thick wool clothes, and carry spear and shield. They are usually trained to form various defensive formations, and to occupy areas with major efficiency. When better financed they may carry a sword and a shield and when armed for larger campaigns (such as unified effort against the orcs) they are also equipped with hardened leather and chainmail if available. They sometimes wear a conical leather helmet with nose guard. Hand axes are also a preferred weapon when in close quarters among less-financed warriors. The tribes may raise up to 4.000 light warriors.

Heavy Infantry: Usually made by relatives or close friends of the members of the families, or the best warriors in the tribes and villages, the Heavy infantry fulfils the main actual combat roles in battle. Armoured with Hardened Leather with Iron plates attached, or when better-financed, with mail coats or scaled armour, though very rare even among nobility, the Heavy Infantry can withstand intense fighting face-to-face. They protect their head with a helm made of iron and brass, and with a nose-guard and sometimes with a couple of cheek-pieces protecting the sides of the face and the ears. They bring a slashing sword or a hand axe and a round shield of hardened wood, and usually chose between a two-handed axe and a long ash spear with an iron leaf-shaped head. When faced on battle, they form a shieldwall to push their enemies back. A whole of 1.500 heavy warriors are available.

Skin-changers: Descendants of the slaves of Sauron, the Skin-changers bear the marks of their ancestry in their blood. Usually from noble families or related to them, they have their first transformations between their seventh and fifteenth year of life, these being often violent or ending in the young one lost in the wilderness, their corpse located months later. In time they are able to control these transformations and retain at least part of their will in the shape of a bear. Most skilled shifters not only tend to be stronger, but also able to work together as Edain warriors would. History talks of shifters that could take the form of many animals, including boars, wolves and steeds, but almost all of them were killed in the War of Wrath, and the few that remained died shortly afterwards, unable to pass on their blood.
In battle, skin-changers usually wear a hardened leather armour with hinges, making it easy for them to take it off or loose it before transforming. They wear an iron helmet and usually hatchet and shield, though many carry a sword instead. Their presence in combat, man or beast, tends to inspire their people, while inflicting fear in the hearts of foes that know of their power, thus most of them have some experience in leading hunting parties, raiding parties or even small armies. Their numbers vary as the generations of noble families grow, but the elite guard formed by Twëoga is made by at least 50 skin-changers, and each family may count up to fifteen if considering further relatives.

Light Cavalry: Exclusively bred by the Horse-masters of House Hasumehrnin, the horses that charge into battle don’t carry a heavy rider. The cavalry is exclusively for flanking maneuvers against a wavering force or to pursue routing foes of orcs. They carry an ash spear into battle, and fight with a hand-axe and round shield. Some may carry javelins as well, trained to throw them at distance over the mount. 1.000 horses are kept by their respective riders, and are at the Ethkunni´s disposal.

History of Nation: After the fall of Hithlum in F.A. 472, large groups of the people of Hador were captured and enslaved by Morgoth, and sent to the mines of the Far North. As the men ages and died, a new generation spawned, and Sauron, seeing how these men were able to resist great pain and suffering before breaking, sought Morgoth for the usage of these men to his own interests. Sauron used spells and incantations on his knowledge of transformation, and as the new-born came out to the world, they would transform into beasts. Sauron was disapointed when he found them hard to tame, but came useful to entertain orcs and to have prisoners devoured. Eventually, these transformations claimed their share on the slaves, and only few survived, those that turned into great bears.

As Morgoth´s grasp of Beleriand was nearly complete and the last remnants of the Free People resisted in the shores, a new generation of these men was born, and Krëthegil was the weakest of them, yet he grew up at the sight of the demise of Morgoth, as the War or Wrath raged. When the hour was ripe, he rallied the beast-men and the men loyal to them, and rebelled their overlords, attacking the rear of Morgoth´s lines. As the battle was won, the beast-men adding a small part into it, they whitnessed the demise of Beleriand, and chosing Krëthegil as their leader, thousands of those who dueled in those mines followed him to the east, and reached safety in the Bay of Forochel.

Constantly fighting the orcs, despised by their kind, the beast-men of Krëthegil moved eastwards, settling in the shadow of Mount Gundabad and the Hithaeglir, exchanging some knowledge with some of the Edain that fled eastwards and didn´t heed the Call of Elros. Since then, the blood of the original Chief has spread through the families of those that fought at the pits for the enjoyment of Morgoth´s host, and established a realm of free people in a harsh land, eventually becoming an isolated people, avoiding contact with other men or races, and hunting down the orcs wherever they hear them. Grawuhull serves as the seat of the assembly and the edict of laws established by the Chief of the tribes or kindreds, who swear an oath and submit to his will on a range of matters, but overall keep their own bussiness to themselves. Traditionally, only proven skin-changers can assume the chiefdom.
Last edited by Arlye Austros on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

New Papan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Papan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Nation: Dhahil-dûm
Race: Dwarves, Broadbeams and Firebeards
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: The previous realm of Ered Luin's Banner, used by this realm
Leader: Dhrár II Bronzebeard
Notable Relatives of Leader: Máin (wife of Lord Dhrár) Fáin, Lord of Braigost (cousin) and Bralir (oldest son)
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: House of Úri
Main Language(s) Khuzdul
Capital: Dhahil-dûm
Allies: Technically Khazad-dûm and in hours of need other Dwarven Kingdoms, but in reality; none.
Enemies: Goblins and orcs and dragons. While no state of war exists, the dwarves of Dhahil-dûm would claim that the elves of Lindon (and elves in general) are their enemies.
Size and Quality of Military: Dhahil-dûm and it's surrounding minor settlements could muster around a half a combative thousand dwarves, equipped well and armed with deadly axes and protective shields. Dhahil-dûm is substantially a impregnable fortress and could hold out for months waiting for reinforcements, other settlements are underground fortresses as well.
History of Nation: After the War of the Wrath, the Firebeards and Broadbeams had migrated to Khazad-dûm to join the strong dwarven nation and prosperous mine. They had left the Blue Mountains after a host of dwarves was defeated by the elves of Ossiriand and the Ents led by Beren and the ultimate rift created in the war of the wrath dividing the Mountain chain. Most Firebeards and Broadbeams integrated among the masses of dwarves in Khazad-dûm. This was about to change when Linnek, a bold and adventurous dwarven Lord and descendant of the former Broadbeam Lord and ringbearer Lûnan decided to launch an expedition to reclaim Ered Luin and the ruins of Belegost and Nagrod. While the Longbeard Lord of Khazad-dûm did not denounce and stop the expedition, he was angered to see them leave and gave them little help. A few hundred dwarves met nothing but wasteland, empty caverns and ruins were the once powerful dwarven civilization under Mount Dolmed. Those who couldn't be convinced by Linnek to continue journeyed back to the Misty Mountains, the rest started resettling the cold ruins.

At first, little ore was found in the mountains and they could not trade much with the elves of Beleriand because of strained relations. Frequent goblin raids and an event were a dragon settled in the ruins as well caused the lot to retreat, but their journey only took them further north. Settling into an old goblin nest deep into the Blue Mountains, they could not do much more than to dig deeper. After months of hunger, bitterness and cold, the dwarves found gold. Consumed by the worth of their findings, they dug into the mountains until clusters of iron and copper was revealed as well. Messengers were sent to Khazad-dûm, and Firebeards and Broadbeams flocked to the Blue Mountains to build a new life of their own. A settlement grew into the mountain and gained power quickly, establishing trade with elves and humans in Eriador and Lindon. Their influence expanded and beasts were eradicated from the mountains, giving more place for the Firebeards and Broadbeams to settle. Tin findings resulted in the alloying of Bronze and a favoured traded ware from the Blue Mountains came to existance. In the last days of Linnek, a large expedition was sent to rid the mountains of one of the last dragons around, a huge wyvern known as Sirgoth. Linnek himself and most of the dwarves were killed in the successful dragonslaying
This renounced the Broadbeam claim on the Blue Mountains, and the powerful Firebeard Lord Dhrár took power with support from both clans. He named the Realm Dhahil-dûm, a dwarven kingdom in the shadow of Khazad-dûm but independent and strong by itself. Almost a two-hundred years after Dhrár I's ascension, his grandson Dhrár II Bronzebeard rules the Halls with a fair ironfist and a deep hatred of outsiders.
Last edited by New Papan on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Apostolic Hungary wrote:Nation: The Kingdom of Amrûn
Race: Hadorian
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil:

Leader: Valamir, Lord of Rhûn
Notable Relatives of Leader:
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: Vidugavingas
Main Language(s) pre-Adûnaic (Taliska), Sindarin
Location: Hills to the southwest of the Sea of Rhûn, with places of refugee on the Isle of Rhûn
Capital: Avraskadar
Allies: Western Rhonvanion, possibly Numenorians
Enemies: Easterlings, Wainriders, Uruks
Size and Quality of Military: The military of Amrûn consists entirely of the horse archers each of the ‎Aihraida (fiftyfold companies) of the seven Wards, the high nobles of Avraskadar, and Barad Guard, the Kingdom's only infantry. An archer joins the Aihraida at the age of nine, and at the age of thirteen, it is determine whether or not he is worthy to join the Barad Guard.
History of Nation: The Kingdom of Amrûn was founded early in the Second Age when Valaravas the Worm-Slayer lead a handful of the remnants of the house of Hador who had remained east of Mirkwood to their ancestral homeland on the Southwest shores of the inland sea of Rhûn. Claiming descent from the legendary city-builder Zigirakhôr (in reality the Noldorian High-King Turgon, not at all related to the ancestors of the Rhovanions), Valaravas began the raising of Avraskadar, "the City on the precipice", which was not completed until the death of the third King descend of his line. By then the empire of the Easterlings had expanded to reach the very western shores of Rhûn. After two hundred years of skirmishing found itself beleaguered on all sides, cut off from the West Rhonvanion vassals. For the next three hundred or so years, Amrûn's only contacts to the wider world came through the still independent realm of Dorwinion to the North of Rhûn. During this period a brief but bloody war between the two houses of the Wards lead to the establishment of the secret havens on the Isle of Rhûn. The collapse of the Easterling realm into balkanized principalities coincided with both the beginning of Orc raids many leagues southward from their dwellings in the Grey Mountains, and the ascension to the throne of King Valamir of the line of Valaravas, who has taken the title of Lord of All Rhûn and the East of East, although his actual dominion barely extends beyond the traditional cities and villages in the Amrûn hills.

Accepted.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:Nation: People of Krëthegil
Race: Proto-Skinchangers, Hadorians
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: W.I.P.
Leader: Chief Twëoga
Notable Relatives of Leader: W.I.P.
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: House of Krëthegil
Language: Taliska, but have integrated small bits of orkish.
Capital: No formal capital, main camp and assembly place is called "Grawuhull" ("Greyhills")
Allies: Since their origins, they have a natural tendence to friendship with the Descendants of the House of Hador.
Enemies: Since their past in slavery, they have a deep hatred for the Orcs.
Size and Quality of Military: Over the years their numbers have increased, but slowly, and battle-able men are slightly over the avarage of other Mannish realms. Their military relies mostly on ambush and skirmish, and are poorly armoured. They are however skilled hunters, and the kin of the ruling Houses are stronger than the rest, forming an elite force of heavy infantry. They wield hand axes and short swords into battle, and cover their breast with hardened leather.

History of Nation: After the fall of Hithlum in F.A. 472, large groups of the people of Hador were captured and enslaved by Morgoth, and sent to the mines of the Far North. As the men ages and died, a new generation spawned, and Sauron, seeing how these men were able to resist great pain and suffering before breaking, sought Morgoth for the usage of these men to his own interests. Sauron used spells and incantations on his knowledge of transformation, and as the new-born came out to the world, they would transform into beasts. Sauron was disapointed when he found them hard to tame, but came useful to entertain orcs and to have prisoners devoured. Eventually, these transformations claimed their share on the slaves, and only few survived, those that turned into great bears.

As Morgoth´s grasp of Beleriand was nearly complete and the last remnants of the Free People resisted in the shores, a new generation of these men was born, and Krëthegil was the weakest of them, yet he grew up at the sight of the demise of Morgoth, as the War or Wrath raged. When the hour was ripe, he rallied the beast-men and the men loyal to them, and rebelled their overlords, attacking the rear of Morgoth´s lines. As the battle was won, the beast-men adding a small part into it, they whitnessed the demise of Beleriand, and chosing Krëthegil as their leader, thousands of those who dueled in those mines followed him to the east, and reached safety in the Bay of Forochel.

Constantly fighting the orcs, despised by their kind, the beast-men of Krëthegil moved eastwards, settling in the shadow of Mount Gundabad and the Hithaeglir, exchanging some knowledge with some of the Edain that fled eastwards and didn´t heed the Call of Elros. Since then, the blood of the original Chief has spread through the families of those that fought at the pits for the enjoyment of Morgoth´s host, and established a realm of free people in a harsh land, eventually becoming an isolated people, avoiding contact with other men or races, and hunting down the orcs wherever they hear them.

Accepted, pending sigil and relatives.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:44 pm

New Papan wrote:Nation: Dhahil-dûm
Race: Dwarves, Broadbeams and Firebeards
Banner, Emblem, or Sigil: The previous realm of Ered Luin's Banner, used by this realm
Leader: Dhrár II Bronzebeard
Notable Relatives of Leader: Máin (wife of Lord Dhrár) Fáin, Lord of Braigost (cousin) and Bralir (oldest son)
Ruling Royal House or Dynasty: House of Úri
Main Language(s) Khuzdul
Capital: Dhahil-dûm
Allies: Technically Khazad-dûm and in hours of need other Dwarven Kingdoms, but in reality; none.
Enemies: Goblins and orcs and dragons. While no state of war exists, the dwarves of Dhahil-dûm would claim that the elves of Lindon (and elves in general) are their enemies.
Size and Quality of Military: Dhahil-dûm and it's surrounding minor settlements could muster around a half a combative thousand dwarves, equipped well and armed with deadly axes and protective shields. Dhahil-dûm is substantially a impregnable fortress and could hold out for months waiting for reinforcements, other settlements are underground fortresses as well.
History of Nation: After the War of the Wrath, the Firebeards and Broadbeams had migrated to Khazad-dûm to join the strong dwarven nation and prosperous mine. They had left the Blue Mountains after a host of dwarves was defeated by the elves of Ossiriand and the Ents led by Beren and the ultimate rift created in the war of the wrath dividing the Mountain chain. Most Firebeards and Broadbeams integrated among the masses of dwarves in Khazad-dûm. This was about to change when Linnek, a bold and adventurous dwarven Lord and descendant of the former Broadbeam Lord and ringbearer Lûnan decided to launch an expedition to reclaim Ered Luin and the ruins of Belegost and Nagrod. While the Longbeard Lord of Khazad-dûm did not denounce and stop the expedition, he was angered to see them leave and gave them little help. A few hundred dwarves met nothing but wasteland, empty caverns and ruins were the once powerful dwarven civilization under Mount Dolmed. Those who couldn't be convinced by Linnek to continue journeyed back to the Misty Mountains, the rest started resettling the cold ruins.

At first, little ore was found in the mountains and they could not trade much with the elves of Beleriand because of strained relations. Frequent goblin raids and an event were a dragon settled in the ruins as well caused the lot to retreat, but their journey only took them further north. Settling into an old goblin nest deep into the Blue Mountains, they could not do much more than to dig deeper. After months of hunger, bitterness and cold, the dwarves found gold. Consumed by the worth of their findings, they dug into the mountains until clusters of iron and copper was revealed as well. Messengers were sent to Khazad-dûm, and Firebeards and Broadbeams flocked to the Blue Mountains to build a new life of their own. A settlement grew into the mountain and gained power quickly, establishing trade with elves and humans in Eriador and Lindon. Their influence expanded and beasts were eradicated from the mountains, giving more place for the Firebeards and Broadbeams to settle. Tin findings resulted in the alloying of Bronze and a favoured traded ware from the Blue Mountains came to existance. In the last days of Linnek, a large expedition was sent to rid the mountains of one of the last dragons around, a huge wyvern known as Sirgoth. Linnek himself and most of the dwarves were killed in the successful dragonslaying, but Linnek's ring, one of the last seven rings given to the dwarves in dwarven possession was lost to dragon-fire. This renounced the Broadbeam claim on the Blue Mountains, and the powerful Firebeard Lord Dhrár took power with support from both clans. He named the Realm Dhahil-dûm, a dwarven kingdom in the shadow of Khazad-dûm but independent and strong by itself. Almost a two-hundred years after Dhrár I's ascension, his grandson Dhrár II Bronzebeard rules the Halls with a fair ironfist and a deep hatred of outsiders.

Accepted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:00 pm

It's too early for there to be Rings of Power, no?

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:03 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:It's too early for there to be Rings of Power, no?

Far too early. I don't think the Gwaith-i-Mirdain has even been formed yet.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:It's too early for there to be Rings of Power, no?

Far too early. I don't think the Gwaith-i-Mirdain has even been formed yet.

Ah, just noting that since there was a ring of power in the Dwarf application.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse