NATION

PASSWORD

A World On The Brink of Insanity: 2016 (IC/Signup Now/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
British Empire Strikes Back
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

A World On The Brink of Insanity: 2016 (IC/Signup Now/Open)

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:27 am

OOC

This is the IC (in-character) page for the roleplay, A World On The Brink of Insanity: 2016.
A World In Disarray- 2017: Join Now!
Proud Jewish Progressive Democrat!
Hillary Clinton Is Our Legitimate President! Gore/Newsom/Sanders/Brown/Cuomo/The Rock 2020

"My daughter is a sex object, our favorite activity to do together as father and daughter is have sex.", Anti-Semite, Racist, Sexist, Mentally-Ill, Morbidly-Obese, Extremely-Low IQ, King of The Lunatics, Donald Trump.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

~Reserved for future expansion~
Hillary Clinton Is Our Legitimate President! Gore/Newsom/Sanders/Brown/Cuomo/The Rock 2020

"My daughter is a sex object, our favorite activity to do together as father and daughter is have sex.", Anti-Semite, Racist, Sexist, Mentally-Ill, Morbidly-Obese, Extremely-Low IQ, King of The Lunatics, Donald Trump.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

~Reserved for future expansion~

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:47 am

Chronicle I: "Saving Mexico"
Mexico City, United Mexican States

5th(XV) day of March

That had been the title of that issue of Time magazine. It was a simpler time, the winter of 2012, with Enrique Peña Nieto leading the PRI back to power in Mexico, whilst the Obama administration saw a second term. He became the talk of the day, the young president married to a Mexican soap opera actress and his long promised reforms against organized crime and the economy. It seemed Mexico had begun to step in the right direction.

Less than twelve months later, Mexico face planted. Violence exploded after Mexico's "Kingpin strategy" created power vacuums across the cartels, leading to violent internal fighting and eventually splintering. The spikes in crime led to the deployment of Mexican military forces to the areas and, therefore, more violence. Mass murders and disappearances became increasingly common, especially when protests against them began. Soon enough, it was impossible to tell which events were done by the cartels and which by law enforcement. The line between organized crime and government blurred to the point of nonexistence.

The mediocre performance of the economy despite hyped bills and reforms didn't help public perception of the government, which was seen as corrupt after the First Lady's multi million dollar house scandal and the acquiring of a new presidential plane, the most expensive in the world. Poverty remained stagnant while southern rural states saw the Drug War escalate as citizens took up arms against the cartels and government forces alike. And who would blame them? Both acted the same.

Now, it was the first months of a new year, the Pope had been brought to Mexico in an attempt to divert public attention from the planned mass murders of certain trouble making activists Peña Nieto had targeted. Ushering away his aides as the cameras poured in, he quickly joined the Pope on his modified Ford-150. Waving to the hundreds of onlookers on the streets of Mexico City, a red laser silently appeared on the president's temple. Before the cameras had recorded a second of it, the president's head was gone, replaced by a mist of blood. Out of the terrified masses emerged dozens of armed men, firing into the security forces. Caught off guard, the primary police officers were quickly dispatched, leaving Pope Francis exposed. Soon enough, his transport was riddled with bulletholes. It would take another minute before the second wave of law enforcement arrived, and the militants quickly dispatched.

A giant manhunt for the survivors and all those involved quickly ensued, with the cartels claiming responsibility hours later. Relations between the Holy See and Mexico strained as an international crisis developed. Secretary of Interior Osorio Chong, next in succession, quickly called for general elections, with only 10% of each state being counted with the help of UN election assistance. At the end of the month, the results were in and a left wing had gained the presidency. Andres Lopez Obrador, some say with the influence of his previous mayorship of Mexico City, would be inaugurated in less than a week. And he would inherit a country at the brink of collapse.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Franco-Iberie
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Franco-Iberie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 am

NVM just consider this a tag.
Last edited by Franco-Iberie on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:45 am

Italian Republic
Rome

President Stefano Rodotà poured a cup of wine as he wiped the crust from his eyes. taking a sip of it, he spat it out. it was too bitter to his taste, and so he wandered through the small kitchen he had and found a cup of sugar just sitting with a cockroach as it's friend, not really caring what he put in his body, he chugged it down until it was all gone. after breakfast, he returned to get dressed for the day and entered the presidental office. within an hour of signing documents and refusing to work with the legislative body, the familiar knock on the wooden door prepared Rodotà for another round of who could shout the loudest and win, but, that tediously thorat hurting process was thankfully broken up by the prime Minister's head appearing.
" ah, Matteo, so good to see someone that's not trying to kill me! now then, I trust the Military expansion bill passed?"
" only barely sir, the bill's getting us 50,000 more men ready for active duty, and expanding out the navy for a pair of aircraft carriers."
" this is excellent news, now then, I want the military advisors to meet us in planning for Operation bomb the shit out of Tunisia."
" what a very creative title."
" thank you, now get everyone ready."
"Yes sir!"
as the Prime Minister walked away,Rodotà got on the phone to call up some known trouble makers, Mario Metabail and Luigi Lasaini.
" Hello?"
" this is the President, I'm going to need you two to cause up some ruckus in Tunisia, try to overthrow their government, I'll provide you with 65,000 dollars, 10 tanks, a destroyer and 3,000 soldiers to do this, if you suceed, I'll reward you handsomely for it."
" and If we fail?" "
I'll see to it that the sharks are well fed tonight."
" I see, we'll think you're proposal over."
" you're making a big decision, so I can't really blame you."
hanging up the phone, Rodotà laughed evily.

one hour later
Rodotà was cutting up some pasta and putting scoopfuls of cheese on it when the door swung open, and a man holding a tommy gun along with several friends, opened fire, killing several guards that were there to protect the president. the tallest one walked over to him and picked him up with ease.
"listen here you scumbag shitstain, me and my friends are taking over this dump."
" now, now, listen here, I am the President of Italy, but, I don't really like the island of Sardinia, I-I'll sell it to you, you can create you're own republic, a mafia republic, free of international harm, you can have a tenth of our army to help."
Vito squished his face up.
" let's draw up a treaty, and you got yourselves a deal,dumbass."
when the ink began to dry, several police officals entered the room.
" you sun of bit-"
the man known as Vito spat out blood as a bullet entered his lung.
" arrest the men who have tried to overthrow the government, and get me in front of the TV!"
"yes, President!"
before the men were hauled away, he pointed to the man who he was talking to earlier.
" make sure this one in particular gets everything he asks for, and release him in a week, we're good friends you know, he funds my campaigns, I let him take over venezuela-er I mean, bad mafia."
looking at the camera, he was relived it wasn't on. chugging down his water, he began to speak.

"People of Italy, I have caught the Mafia trying to unpatriotically and demonically overthrow the just and right Government that was overthrown in turn by me! as of today, these so called gangsters will be put away for a long time, so long in fact, that they will be staying on Sardinia for 20 years, I vow not to let a single gangster that does not respect our laws, customs or Ideals onto the Italian Mainland for as long as I shall live! in the meantime, I have managed to interrogate some of them, and what I have uncovered does not surprise me, I have heard that the nation of Tunisia had been funding these mafia scum lords, and I expect the people of Italy to unite in these trying times, as a result, I am outlawing both the Senate of the Republic and the Chamber of Deputies, the Presidents for both of these are dismissed from their positions at once, and I, President Stefano Rodotà have decided to install a Joint Senatorial Duties Chamber, which will be made up of 915 members total, that body will be the ultimate say in Democracy, and I shall head it. the proposed elections of this year will go as planned, but, any political party that is not in line with the state ideaologies of Patrotism, Nationalism, and Imperialism, shall be purged from the ass down. thank you,Long Live the Italian Republic, Death to these Mafioso bastards of hell!"
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Ankara, Turkey

"Doctor?"

A man in a mask stood to his full height. "It's a rather high fever, I'd say. A result of a liquid poison. Those coup-masters must've had an inside man."

"Is he going to be OK?"

"At the moment . . . I cannot tell. He appears conscious, he can hear us, but he's unresponsive. He's probably hallucinating from the fever."

"What are the odds of it breaking in the next twenty-four hours?"

"Very slim. If I increase the antibiotics, his fever will become high enough to possibly kill him, but it would break sooner if he survives. I won't do that; it should break on its own, and give me a chance to treat the gash on his head he sustained when he collapsed on the steps of his palace."

"His vital signs?"

"Temperature is 104.7 degrees Fahrenheit. Heartrate is 118 beats per minute, blood pressure is above normal, breathing is slightly above normal." The doctor strapped on his gloves. "You're going to be fine, Your Excellency."

By now, most of the world would find out that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had been poisoned, and by someone who worked close to him. No one knew who, and it was evident that if Erdogan survived, the mass arrests of those who were suspected of being part of a coup attempt a few weeks ago would increase, sharply. His inner circle was now desperate to prove their loyalty, throwing around largely false accusations of who likely poisoned Erdogan.

There would be disappointment among Erdogan's worst enemies when doctors declared that evening that his heart was still beating, and that the fever was projected to break some time in the middle of the night.
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:36 pm

The 20th of July 2016, The Union Buildings, Pretoria, Gauteng Province, The Republic of South Africa

Jacob Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa had just come to the Union Buildings, to work on some new policy proposals for his government.

"I just came back from fucking my six wives, all at once, I tell you Cyril, my life is like no other! But when it comes down to business, I have some great plans for our nation! We must strip away the rights of the minority to make way for the majority, and we must get rid of the Boer once and for all, they must be eliminated each and every one of their disgusting asses! And dogs, why do we have these European colonialist, capitalist pig beasts in our country when true Africans never had dogs, we must get rid of them at once! and everyone who is not a true African, like the stupid English and indians, even the Coloureds are going to be... Shall i say, taken care of once and for all! I shall remake this nation in my image, for this is my mission, and you are going to do whatever the fuck i want because I run this shit, okay dipshit?", said Zuma as he broke out in laughter as he talked to his Deputy President, Cyril Ramaphosa.

Cyril had always pretended to like Jacob, but in the back of his mind he knew that he secretly hated Zuma. The way he'd always gloat and flaunt his wealth, his wives, and talk about his twenty children, all the while wasting the people's money on stupid things.

Cyril was Nelson Mandela's pick for President, but somehow this 74-year old bastard became President over the more experienced, more professional Cyril Ramaphosa! Cyril had always hidden his displeasure with Zuma, until now, and it was finally his moment to speak his mind!

"You asshole, I don't want to hear about you having orgies! I am a politician, not a sexologist! Let's discuss policy please!", said Ramaphosa.

Then Zuma punched Ramaphosa in the face, and pushed him on the ground and said, "I am the great Jacob Zuma! how dare you disrespect me you asshole! I will annihilate you and have my soldiers shove your dick down your throat! I am the great Jacob Zuma! I will be President of South Africa until the day of the resurrection! I shall be eternal President of this land, as we are the only party and I am the only candidate sanctioned by...", said Zuma as he suddenly stopped talking, froze, and then fell facefirst on the floor.

As Zuma's lifeless body laid next to Cyril, he looked at the shooter in shock, unable to speak. His lips trembled in fear, fearing he'd be next. And then the mystery assassin said, "I want you to step down by midnight, and order new elections or you'll be next, okay? Got that ma fokker!". As the assassin began to walk out the door, the kicked Cyril and then escaped out the back door.

Almost immediately after the mystery assassin's escape, about a dozen SADF soldiers stormed the room, they discovered President Zuma's lifeless body on the floor and were shocked that he had been assassinated. Paramedics were called to the Union Buildings at once and he was airlifted to a local hospital, but unfortunately for him it was too late and Zuma had been assassinated.

Cyril was taken to hospital, but only had minor injuries. Cyril did not know whether to accept the assassins advice, but decided that it was finally his turn run the nation, just as Nelson Mandela had wanted him to all those years ago.

The 21st of July 2016- The Union Buildings, Pretoria, Gauteng, The Republic of South Africa

Cyril Ramaphosa was being sworn in as the 5th President of South Africa. As he was being sworn in, a crowd of several thousand had gathered to watch him become South Africa's next President. Just as he was about to be legally sworn in, Ramaphosa began his inauguration speech. "Despite what happened yesterday, I am excited to become your next President...", said Ramaphosa as he then realized that his microphone had been turned off. He then flipped the ON/OFF switch to turn it back and, when he did the entire stage exploded into a ball of fire and he and the others on the stage were killed instantly.

The 22nd of July 2016- The union Buildings, Pretoria, Gauteng, The Republic of South Africa

"The events of the past week have shaken our nation to the core. We will find the perpetrators behind these attacks and we shall bring them to justice once and for all. But in the immediate future our interim government's focus is on holding an election to elect a new President, and we shall secure this country from an internal and external threats at once. The next presidential election will be held on August 1st of this year, and I invite international observers from the SADC, Commonwealth, AU, EU, OECD, UN and other international organisations to observe the democratic process in this great country. Additionally, I order all flags to fly at half-staff and for a state of emergency to be declared and that shall last for one week from today. In addition, state funerals for those killed will be held in the coming days. The events of the past week were bad for our country, but the events of the future shall be much, much better. And I look forward to that. Thank you.", said the interim President of South Africa, Johannes Pistorius, the first White leader of South Africa since the fall of apartheid, and the second White leader of an African nation since the fall of apartheid.

The 23rd of July 2015- Unknown Location, Western Cape, The Republic of South Africa

Underground in a remote area of the Western Cape was a secret facility run by a faction of various branches of the South African government and military, many of these members of this faction of the government were members of the Afrikaner Weerstandbeweging (AWB) or supporters of the Freedom Front+. This faction wieled immense power within the nation, and had it's own path planned out for the nation.

"Everything is going to plan, everything indeed.", said Mmusi Maimane, Presidential candidate for the Democratic alliance, a party founded from the relics of the National party. The DA had primarily in the past been supported by White South Africans, but since Maimane had taken the helm it's support had increased quite a lot with Blacks, Coloureds, Indians and Cape Malays and now was poised to assume office for the first time.

A man paced around the room and said, "Now we will rule this nation once again and return it to it's greatness. Suid Afrika shall be restored to the nation it was, the nation it must be, the nation it shall become! And together we shall do this. Separate development will be brought back once again, but we must do it in stages, no? Sodra ons 'n sekere stadium bereik, dan is die uitwissing kan begin! Ons moet die Blankes vermeerder! Ons moet die geboortesyfer te verhoog! En ons moet ons nasie uit te brei om oor hierdie groot kontinent en bly getrou aan die nalatenskap van ons voorouers soos Cecil Rhodes en PW Botha! Apartheid sal terug gebring word, en Suid-Afrika sal weer 'n Wes- nasie, 'n Europese nasie geword, en dit is met jou hulp Mmusi dat dit bereik moet word!". said Pieter Mulder.

"Everything is going according to [lan, and with this unprecedented cooperation between all of our parties here, we shall be able to seize power quite quickly and efficiently, and this will be to the benefit of all of us in the end.", said Ahtol Trollip.

In just a few days, the election would occur, and the Democratic Alliance would win the election, beginning the start of a new era in Southern Africa as a whole.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Finland

Immediately after World War Two Finland was a great position. With a strong military and fierce national pride, the Finnish government ruled not only over its home territories but also over Finnmark and large portions of Karelia. Having humiliated the Soviet Union in during the Winter War, and opportunisticly declaring war on the Axis at the eleventh hour just to seize Northern Norway, the Scandinavian country clearly had enemies on either side of it. Gradually building up their military and economy, Finland had stayed neutral during the series of proxy wars following the end of the Second World War, although officially they were aligned with NATO and the European Union.

The powerful state maintained an incredibly efficient army of nearly 700,000, as well as a flotilla in the Baltic that was nothing to sneeze at. As chaos unfolds in the Middle East, nationalist leader Rudolph Rehn declares war on Radical Islam, sending troops to fight the Islamic State and taking additional security measures on the home front. Some ultra nationalist groups in Parliament are calling for the deportation of all Muslims in Finland; while Rehn has not gone that far, he has announced that Finland will not take any refugees from the Middle East, purely as a security measure after the disastrous and horrific terrorist attacks all over Europe.

With a sizable military, modest economy, and hardworking population, Finland is ready to display her power on the world stage, and many Finns dream of the day the Finnish maiden rules over all of the North.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:02 am

Italian Republic
Mediterranean sea

Admiral Carols Juan Antonio Lopez puffed on his cigar. he was part of the invasion force of Tunisia. he had 1 aircraft carrier, nine destroyers, 10 transports with 1,000 soldiers each in them, along with 20 tanks snugly held in their place too. coughing on the piece of tobacco, he snarled in the toasty air and black soot like consistency of the quality. hearing an aide approach, he merely smirked.
"what is it?"
" Sorry to bother you sir, but we are off the coast of Tunisia."
" huh? oh, we are? excellent news, tell all hands to battle stations, begin to launch fighter bombers, their objectives are civilian and then military facilities in Tunis, secondary targets include power stations, communication facilities and enemy defensive locations that could be used, such as schools and hospitals."
"Yes sir."
as he scratched at his eye patch, he saw a ball of orange and white fur near him. smiling at the feline, he grabbed it and put it on his lap.
" hello captain, how are we doing today?"
the cat merely meowed and purred appreciatively as the first planes began to scream from the decks towards the nation of Tunisia.

Presidental Retreat
President Stefano Rodotà trotted back and forth on his horse, through the canyons near his summer home in Sicily, he had taken the time from ruling the nation and decided to calm his nerves with some 1945 wine that allegedly Mussolini had as a last meal before his execution by some Italian partisans. if one thing was true, it was that Rome had it made, Italy had it fucked, and roman Italy had it made to be fucked. he was with his own personal guards, former members of the mafia.
" so then, I take it the economy is doing well?"
" actually sir, it's even worse, unemployment is at 22% of the workforce."
" that is excellent news, what was it at before we took power?"
" 4 to 5% sir."
" that means it's not nearly at 100%, that's one of my campaign goals, by the way, whose my opponent in this years election, or should I say my successor?!"
" It's Vito Scalleta of the Mafia Party, in the recent emergency elections in the Joint Senatorial Duties Chamber, the Mafia Party, known as the Union of Progress and Criminal elimination Party, he's gotten over five hundred seats (497)."
" we still have a majority, correct?"
"actually, no sir, many of our supporters abandoned us for various mafia political parties, such as the Tangasinos, with 128 seats and the Lozprettos, with 105 seats, our own party only holds 215 seats."
" talk about Mob Rule, well there goes any chance of me winning reelection, unless, I look to my predecessor and as him to back me in a coup. Pull!"
Rodotà then pulled out his colt. 45 handgun made in Italy and blasted three clay targets as they flew up in the air.
" work on your aim." the aide smirked at the President as he trotted away.
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:25 pm

By- Candice Botha, SABC News Pretoria

1 August 2016- The Republic of South Africa

Today was the day, finally South Africa would have it's snap general election. After a disappointing defeat for the Democratic Alliance in 2014, this was going to be the election where the DA would once and for all win a decisive victory against the ANC.

Due to budget cuts within the government due to South Africa's budget deficit, as well as the large expenditure being made to investigate the assassinations of Jacob Zuma and Cyril Ramaphosa, 40% of all polling places were closed, the majority of which being in rural areas, homelands, townships, and slum neighbourhhods in the inner-cities. Also, after a last-minute challenge by the Democratic Alliance, the South African high court ruled hat all South African citizens abroad, expats, and people of South African descent shall be allowed to vote in the general election, and this is said to have helped the DA win the election.

Millions of voters had their confidence in the ANC shattered after the Zuma corruption trial, his inflammatory comments, the events of the past week, and the party's embrace of communism and the BRICS nations.

The Democratic Alliance offered the chance for South Africa to have a new, better future, and this was the path the nation was going to take. The new government would bring South Africa in like with the Western World, and they promised to fully develop, modernize and Westernize the nation at large.

With all of these great promises, it was no wonder that as the ballots were counted through the night, the final results were very good for the Democratic Alliance and it's candidate, Mmusi Maimane won the election by a a landslide, for the first time in South african history, the Democratic Alliance had become the ruling party.

Once it became clear that his party had one, Mmusi Maimane issued a statement regarding his win:

"I am proud to serve as the Democratic Alliance's first President of this great nation, South Africa. As President I will ensure inclusion and diversity and encourage reconciliation among all ethnic groups of this country.

I will bring South Africa towards the centre-left, and through the wonders of the free-market capitalist system, we will create great economic benefit for our nation and for our people.

I shall move this great nation away from the policies of our predecessors, but despite that I thank the African National Congress, Economic Freedom Fighters, Freedom Front Plus+, and all the other political parties who have participated in this free and free election, a shining example of democracy for our African neighbours and the rest of the world.

Once again, the Republic of South Africa shall become an important ally to the West, and I hope for our nation to become a gateway to Africa for the businesses and citizens of the European Union, United States and the Commonwealth. For the time being we shall remain parts of the BRICS grouping of nations, but I am not ruling out leaving the organisation in the future in order to forge closer ties with our great allies in the West.

I will reduce crime in this country, and bring it down to pre-1994 levels or lower. And I will revise Black Economic Empowerment and make it more inclusive and to the benefit of all South Africans, and i will reduce burdens on business and allow them to hire whoever they want, based on their qualifications, not their race. I will halt all redistrubution of land, and return land that has been redistrubuted back to it's original owners.

Tonight, the people of South Africa have made history, and I look forward to serving them as their pesident for the next five years. I will announce my cabinent in the coming week, and I promise that it will reflect the diversity and inclusion that makes out nation what it is today."

Below is a table of the results of tonight's election. The ANC has been reduced to a non-ruling minority in the parliament and the Democratic Alliance now holds an outright majority in parliament and also goerns the states of the Western Cape, the Northern Cape, Gauteng and the Eastern Cape.

The Democratic Alliance (Mmusi Maimane)- 51.2%
The African national Congress

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Chronicle II: The Flags
Mexico City, United Mexican States

5th(XV) day of April

I affirm to follow and uphold the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States and the laws that emanate from it, and to perform the office of President of the Republic which the people have conferred upon me with loyalty and patriotism, in all actions looking after the good and prosperity of the Union; and if I do not fulfill these obligations, may the Nation demand it of me.

With these last 7 words, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador lifted his right hand from the Constitution as the 59th President of the United Mexican States. Televised around the country and the Southwestern US, millions watched in silence as the president delivered his speech.

"My name is Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. Today, I address the people of Mexico, which have so benevolently elected me to the position of head of state. You expect me to address your issues, but first I must address you.

I was born in 1953. I was raised in a traditional Mexican family. As a child, I had a ordinary life. I went to school, had friends and cousins. But then I became the President of the Partido Revolucionario Institucional and my life changed. What I will be saying next, will prove to be in the eyes of many, especially in the eyes of the very same PRIstas that supported me 20 years ago, primarily because I will be the one saying them. And second because what I am about to say is true and will make many nervous because it will include topics we do not want to talk about. That we want to pretend they do not exist. But it is essential that we acknowledge them. It will also agitate the many organized crime organizations that have plague us since the past century, particularly since 2006, and most famously since August 5th

I will be speaking about...the role that you-that we play as members of our civil society in the face of this phenomenon. As well as the 4 levels of response that citizens have against it. To worry that I am not a concerned citizen on the state of our country. You don't have to forget. You don't have to worry. It is not required to understand the importance of the following. I believe that in Mexico we have a problem. We have a great obstacle facing us. I think its in consensus and we all agree. What we do not agree on, however, is on what is the problem that we have. Los Zetas? The narco? The government? The Corruption? The Poverty?! Or something else.

I don't think any of those is the problem. I don't mean they are not problems that do not require our attention, on the contrary. But I mean they are not the problem. But we will not be able to attend to any other problem if we do not first resolve the true problem that we have in Mexico. The true problem that we have in Mexico is that the majority of us Mexicans present ourselves as the victims of our circumstances. We are a country of victims. Even historically, we have always presented ourselves as the victims of something or someone. First we were victims of the Spanish. Then the French. Then we were victims of the Gringos. Then of Don Porfiriato. Then of the PRI. And now we the victims of Los Zetas, and the narcos, organized crime, the U.S. Drug demand. Hold on. None of anything that I've just mentioned is the problem. The problems aren't the things of what we present ourselves as victims of, it's the problem that we present ourselves as victims.

We need to open our eyes and see that we are not victims. If we stopped thinking ourselves as victims, if we stopped this victimization, I cannot express to you how much would our country change. I am going to tell about how to go from a society that victimizes itself to one that assumes responsibility and holds the future of its country in its own hands. I am going to talk about 4 levels of citizen's response to violence. In orde of weakest to strongest, the first is negligence. Apathy. Today, a great portion of the Mexican population is in a state of neglect. We stubbornly want to continue our daily lives when we do not live in a normal environment. It's like a person with a potentially fatal illness who just wants to pretend to simply have a cold. That it will go away by itself, the less he or she thinks about it. Mexicans want to pretend Mexico has a simple cold. But Mexico is stricken by something much worse than just a cold. Mexico has cancer.

If we do not do something about it, this cancer will end up killing Mexico. We need to move the Mexican society, from that neglect to the next level of response that is recognition. In effect, recognition of the severity of our plight will generate great amounts of fear. However, fear is better than apathy. Because at the very least, fear will empower us to do something. There is also another great portion of the Mexican people who experience great fear today. Even as I speak right now, southern states are waging a bloody drug war on the marijuana fields and the north on the traffickers. We have a lot of fear. And we are acting on that fear. And the problem with acting on fear-imagine, the streets in Mexico are insecure because of violence. So the people seek shelter in their homes. That makes the streets safer? Or that make the problem worse? It's worse, now the streets are even less secure, and so the more we hide in our homes, and make the streets more desolate and insecure, and... So on.

This vicious circle of the entire society hidden away dying of fear. More fear than when we were on our streets. We need to move Mexico to the next level of response. Which is action. We need to take action and retake our streets, our cities, our States, our country. Now, to many, action requires the use of force. Of anger. Of revenge. From fear, we devolve to anger. Today, as of 2015, over 50,000 public hangings have been reported since 2006. Normally, 1 or 2 a year is the figure. Now, we see one a week. One a week. That's coming ever closer to the U.S. Figure of 3 schools shootings a month. This is proof of a society that is desperate. And that is taken into its own hands, though sadly, violent action, as better an option to no action, has the problem of masquerading the violence. If I am being violent to you, and you respond in a violent way, you are participating in that violence, and just canceled out the horror of MY violence. The line between you and me disappears. When you kill a murder, the number of murderers in the world remains the same.

We need to see action from all members of the citizenry, action at this level of response and move it on to the 4th and final level. Which is non-violent action. Which is civil and coordinated pacific action. Determined and effective. But not violent. There are examples of this in Mexico, as well, historical ones such as the famous case of Cinco de Mayo at the Battle of Puebla. But there are also more recent examples. Four years ago, in the city of Galiana, Chihuahua, a member of the community was kidnapped. His brothers organized with the rest of the community to decide what the best course of action was. Pay the ransom. Take up arms. Ask the government for aid. Finally, his brothers decided the best thing they could do was mobilize the community and act in unison. The entirety of the community, the entirety, moved to Chihuahua City and assembled at the city square and sent a message to the kidnappers. That if they wanted the ransom money, they would have to come for it. And they didn't move from there. A week later, the hostage was liberated and he returned home. This is an example of what an organized community can accomplish. Of course, the criminals will respond, and in this case, they did.

The seventh of July 2012, Eric Levatorre was assassinated. However, Julian Levatorre, his brother, continues mobilizing communities in Chihuahua since 2012. And since 2012, he knows there is a price on his head. But he doesn't stop fighting, and he doesn't stop mobilizing. With a thousand Julians acting in unison, Mexico would be a very different country. The thing is, there are thousands of Julians. They just have to raise their hand.

I was born in Mexico. I grew in Mexico. And in the process, I learned to love Mexico. And I think for all those that have set foot on this land can I agree with me when I say that loving Mexico is not difficult. I've been to many different parts of the world, and nowhere have I seen anything close to the passion of the Mexican people. The passion with which we cheer on the national soccer team. The compassion we have for countries requiring our assistance during natural disasters, such as in the 1985 Mexico City earthquake or in Hurricane Katrina. That fervor with which we sing the national anthem, since childhood when we believed Masiosare was a foreign enemy and we sang with all of ours hearts, "Un soldado en cada hijo the dio!"

I think the worst insult you can inflict upon a Mexican is insult their mother. It's the most sacred thing we have in our lives. Mexico is our mother. We are living the darkest moment in recent history. Our mother, Mexico, is being raped in front of us. What are we going to do. Masiosare is here. Where is the soldier in every son? Mahatma Gandhi, one of the biggest civil activists in history, once said, you have to be the change you want to see in the world. In Mexico today, Gandhis are needed. We need men and women who love Mexico and are disposed to act. This is a call to all the true Mexicans to assume themselves to this initiative. A call to you so that everything that we love about Mexico, cantinas, mariachi, el Grito, el futbol, the flag, tequila, posadas, el dia de muertos, all of that, prevent it from disappearing. Anyone can end the life of any man, beggar or president. Anyone right now can end my life, or yours, you, you. But no one can end the spirit of true Mexicans. The battle is as good as won. As long as we give that battle.

2000 years ago, the Roman poet Juvenal, said something which should ring true to all Mexicans. He said, consider that the greatest of all sins is preferring simple existence to an existence of honor. And caution in trying to preserve our lives, losing the very reasons to live. Thank you.

Actual relevant IC:

The internet exploded minutes after the president gave his speech, drawing as much praise as controversy, to the surprise of none. Within the hour, the video had reached around the globe. With the power in his hands, Andres wasted no time in setting to work. Finding little support as an independent in Congress, he joined MORENA, a convergence of multiple small parties in order to rival the PRI's hold on politics. Known as the Alliance for the Good of All, this new party saw Obrador as head of it and the head of state. Marcelo Ebrard was offered the position of Secretary of Interior by Obrador, which he accepted. Soon enough, a political agenda was established and a cabinet established.

Marcelo Ebrard as Secretary of the Interior.
Rogelio Ramirez de la O as Secretary of the Treasury.
Juan Ramon de la Fuente as Secretary of Education.
Claudia Sheinbaum as Secretary of the Environment.
Javier Jimenez Espiru as Secretary of Communications and Transportation.
Fernando Turner as Secretary of Economic Development.
Adolfo Hellmund Lopez as Secretary of Energy.
René Drucker Colín as Secretary of Science and Technology
Elena Poniatowska as Secretary of Culture.

His first executive act as president was the halving of his presidential salary, as well as planning the implementation of fiscal austerity. Severely reducing salaries of government officials and unnecessary spending by them, saving around $30 billion USD a year, starting with the selling of the past president's vast fleet of executive aircraft to Volaris and Aeromexico airline and using the nearly one billion dollars on saving Pemex from near bankruptcy. It is said that Pemex lacks the equipment, technology, and financial means to explore for new reserves in deep water or shale, hence the new infuse of money should help production enough to avoid the fall on the economy and Peña Nieto's privatization of the energy sector was to be reversed, open only to domestic companies. Russian company Gazprom is being seeked to hold talks for a cooperation agreement with Pemex, along with the Mexican government holding talks with the Russian president. $23 of the $30 billion surplus shall be used on the capabilities of Pemex.

To boost production of ultralow-sulfur gasoline , Pemex will invest a total of $3.1 billion in projects at all six of its refineries, which upon completion, will result in a final ULSG output of more than 210,000 b/d and reduce GHG emissions by 90%, the company said.
At the Miguel Hidalgo refinery, the ULSG investment consists of a $300 million project that includes installation of a 40,000-b/d desulfurization plant, an amine regenerator, a cooling tower, and ventilation systems for high-burning hydrocarbons and acid gas, as well as number of associated installations. The company said it also will spend another $3.9 billion to build 19 plants and modernize 17 existing units at all six refineries as part of its previously announced plan to reduce the sulfur content of Mexico’s diesel production to help reduce the country’s need for imports. At a revised total cost of $5 billion, the Tula facility expansion and reconfiguration will increase the refinery’s crude oil processing capacity by 25,000 b/d to 340,000 b/d. The remaining $6 billion would be split, 3 billion going to deep-water exploration to possibly garner much needed investors and the other 3 billion going to paying off the company's extreme current debt.
The previous president had a vast fleet of executive aircraft, including a half a billion Boeing 787 palace in the sky, to be sold to the dictator president of Zimbabwe or to nominee Donald J. Trump. In total, by selling most of these, the sales will total $1 billion to be spent on lessening the burden of the government budget cuts due to Pemex's crisis, hoping to keep at least some of the planned but delayed projects going, such as the first part of a high speed rail line from Mexico City to Queratero.

The state-owned company pays out over 60% of its revenue in royalties and taxes. Mexico exports crude oil, but imports more-expensive gasoline. Therefore, Pemex is begining an initiative to create the industrial capabilities to produce enough gasoline for domestic sale and exportsand expand operations in Texas, using aid from Gazprom and Obrador will begin to submit an application of entry to OPEC. To further capitalize the company, President Obrador brought forward the possibility of making shares of Pemex available to Mexican citizens and pension funds, to complement a current project-specific investment setup known as "Proyectos de Inversión Diferida En El Registro del Gasto" (Deferred Investment Projects in the Expenditure Registry); this proposal, along with alleviating Pemex’ heavy tax burden down to 45% and a substantial budget increase, have met opposition in Congress. Suspiciously, the Office of the Attorney General was secretly ordered by the President to probe into every congressman for corruption and or links to the cartels. Any found guilty, could face imprisonment, and with the lower levels of opposition party congressmen, Obrador could be able to pass a law making corruption a federal crime and face the death penalty.

Calling US Vice-President Joe Biden, President Obrador ask him to thank President Obama for his new initiatives on the border. He requested that President Obama submit a plan to Congress to allow Mexico to receive some of the financial aid, about $2 USD billion over a three-year period, in the form of intelligence gathering technology such as UAVs and the Dirtbox device, but mostly in the form of financial aid. Education and poverty combat programs will receive the majority of the funds in order to lessen the number of possible recruits into the cartels, with a law on education be mandatory from elementary to high school, following European formats. Beginning with the border states, in order of least affected to most. President Obrador also asked that President Obama do what he can to pass legislation to make marijuana legal in the U.S., or at least in border states in order to create a hole in the profit of the cartels. Reports also showed that many cartels laundered their money in U.S. Banks, so he asked that the FBI conduct an investigation into these reports, while also asking that any CIA activity in Mexico as part of the Drug War be ended as soon as possible. He also hoped to see President Obama at the annual APEC summit in Peru to discuss things more in depth and the new Mexican administration's plans for the drug war.

Seal of the Government of Mexico

Plaza de la Constitucion, Miguel Hidalgo, 11100 Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
Los Pinos,

To: Defense Security Cooperation Agency
The United States of America

Encryption:TOP PRIORITY

Although Mexican drug cartels, or drug trafficking organizations, have existed for several decades, their influence has increased since the demise of the Colombian Call and Medellin cartels in the 1990s. Mexican drug cartels now dominate the wholesale illicit drug market and control 90% of the cocaine entering the United States. Arrests of key cartel leaders, particularly in the Tijuana and Gulf cartels, has led to increasing drug violence as cartels fight for control of the trafficking routes into the United States.

By the end of Felipe Calderon's administration, the official death toll of the Mexican Drug War was at least 60,000, and more than 100,000 by the end of Peña Nieto's administration, not including 27,000 missing. This new administration believes that the fault lies in the current U.S.-Mexican strategy, leaving most of the burden to Mexico, while South America sees spikes in drug production like never before and the U.S. Drug demand only increases. A letter is not the way to discuss our new proposed strategy in depth, instead we will discuss that in November in Peru at the APEC summit, but at the moment, the Mexican Republic is in need of equipment and aid to properly wage this war.

The Merida Initiative promised 2.6 billion dollars in a three year period. Only a little more than $200 million has been delivered so far. We would like to expand this to 3 billion by 2019,not including the $200 million already delivered(1 billion a year), and would like your promise that it will be delivered. The OECD also notes that Mexico's budgeted expenses for poverty alleviation and social development is only about a third of the OECD average. Most of the money would be used to to expand poverty alleviation and social development budgets to reach OECD average. However, our military is in constant need of modernization to combat the cartel's ingenuity. Therefore, we would like to obtain the following through the Merida Initiative or regular sale.

In January 2013, the 112th Session of US Congress authorized the transfer of the Oliver Hazard Perry Frigates USS Curts and USS McClusky to the Mexican Navy, but due to the cost of overhauling the vessels and the removal of all the weapons systems and most of the electronics and radar gear by the US Navy prior to transfer, this was being considered by the previous administration. We would like to acquire the ships and pay $50 million USD per ship to keep the electronics and radar equipment in use with the Mexican Navy.

x2 Oliver Hazard Perry frigates

X4,500 MRAPs to be transported by rail to the coast of our ally, Iran, with their consent, and transported back to Mexico by our naval forces.Also support equipment, electrical equipment and maintenance contracts.

x25 Eurocopter HH-65 Dolphin for use onboard naval patrol ships for drug interdiction and maritime patrol

x10 systems of the AeroVironment "Switchblade"

x10 systems of the RQ-11 Raven

x10 systems of the Aeryon Labs "SkyRanger"

x5 systems of the Boeing ScanEagle

x5 systems of the Boeing Blackjack

x4 systems of the General Atomics Avenger

x15 GM400 Ground Master radars

x10 XM25 for use with the Mexican Special Forces with 1,000 rounds

x25,000 units of the Batlskin Modular Head Protection System(1,000 delivered by December), with a joint program to develop a modified variant of the Q-Warrior Heads up system to be sleeker and more compatible with the helmet(to be finished in time for helmet delivery in December

We would like to buy production licenses for the Northtrop F-5 Tigershark to be domestically produced in Mexico and would hire US technical advisors to oversee the construction and development for 14 months.
Last edited by Pimps Inc on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Franco-Iberie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Franco-Iberie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Brazil Part 1: Out With The Old, In With The Older

2014 had been a hopeful year for Brazil, a promising new candidate had arrived on the scene of the Presidential Elections, and swept the polls. The Brazilian economy's decline finally slowed, and the country was all set to host the two biggest sporting events in the world. Sadly, a year later, the candidate had died in a suspicious plane crash, the worst recession in the nation's history had begun, and the Brazilian national team had been humiliated at the FIFA cup, which was only barely a success. Needless to say, the Brazilian people were not pleased at all.

At the start of 2016, there was graffiti demanding the impeachment of President Rousseff on the walls of every major Brazilian city, the economy had basically died, and corruption and crime had run rampant. A change was needed. Even before the recession, there was always a loud group of people who proclaimed that Brazil should return to the military dictatorship of the 1960s-80s. Now this minority grew, and in time became the majority. An impeachment hearing for the president was set for May 12, and there was no doubt that she would be found guilty. The only question was who the corrupt system would find to replace her.

General Eduardo Villas Boas was commander of the Brazilian Army, one of these people who believed the country would be better under his rule. On May 12, the army stormed the National Assembly building in Brasilia. The entire government was arrested on charges of corruption and treason, and Dilma herself was charged with the murder of Eduardo Campas in 2014. Similar purges occurred across the nation, and the following day Villas proclaimed the re-establishment of the military government.

The new Grand Marshal Villas quickly set about making several economic and political reforms. First came the establishment of the National Assembly, and appointing military governors to rule each state. Next came development of the Amazon; The marshal proclaimed that it was a crime that the vast riches of the region had been left untapped by the old regime's and has paved the way for mining and farming countries to move into the area and begin clearing land for new coffee plantations.

It's August 1, and the Olympics are less than a week away. Governor Marcos Pontes of Rio de Janeiro is determined to end the old regime's policy of sweeping the problem of crime under the rug, and eliminate it for good. The 15,000 men of the 2nd Mechanized Division are moved into the city to maintain law and order.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Italian Republic
Rome

President Stefano Rodotà sat down across from the opposition candidate for the election, Vito Scalleta of the Union of Progress and Criminal elimination Party, otherwise known as the Mafia Party and waited for the closing statements to be presented. up first was him. as the cameras turned towards the sweat soaked and slightly I should not have eaten all that cookie dough Rodotà. who coughed for a while before begining.
" I urge you people to vote for a leader to trust in. this election has been quite a wonderful ride, but, it will be up to the Italian people to make the right decision, whether it is keeping me in power for another term, or forcing me out because of some silly corruption rumors, I will respect the people's choices always, and I have enjoyed serving as your President. I hope the Prime Minister gets along with the new president, if it happens. I thank you all once again for the wondrous opportunity in this country."
the crowd of 10,000 people clapped and hollered at the small speech the man gave, not to be outdone, Vito Scalleta stood up.

" I remember when I was born in this land of opportunity, we are a land of immigrants, I remember living in the united states as a little kid, getting my ass beat by some hipsters with smooth jazz and idiotic potatoes, I don't want this country to be the immigrant that the nations will beat up, that is why we must expand everything to ensure our economy, the engine of the nation, ticks nicely, with some governmental oiling of course. my polices will include expanding the armed forces, increasing the navy, putting tariffs on the countries that are taking our jobs, Italian Jobs for Italian people, we will keep our heritage as descendants of the Romans, conquerors of half the world, and we will root out some of the nastiest corruption this side of the Mediterranean sea. I promise you this, I promise you homes for the poor, and social welfare for all, Dio benedica l'Italia, and may I serve to the best of My abilities when I am elected!"

the crowd let loose enthusiastic cheers and hollers in the air, being a melting part of different emotions in just ten thousand people that were gathered at the first and only debate. the President wanted to get the election over with as quickly as possible.

Three Days Later
the election results were predictably swift and sudden, Rodotà got a small 105 seats in the Joint Senatorial Duties Chamber, while Scalleta snagged upwards of 800 seats, 40 seats remained vacant for a smaller third party to grab. a day later, the New President of the Nation, Vito Scalleta was sworn in as the New President.

"I swear to be faithful to the Republic and to loyally observe its Constitution." he said as the man patted his back and the champagne was gotten out. when he had taken a few sips, he walked over to the balcony and began to speak to the crowd of over 30,000 people that had gathered to see him speak. "People of this magnificent Land! I am the New President of the Nation, Vito Scalleta! it has not been an easy campaign, no, but, it was a hard fought and sweet tasting victory Hellespont, as you're new President, I am appointing a Prime Minister, Henry Tomasino. we will be the part of a glorious empire!"
when the man was done speaking, the old Prime Minister, Capello Latarino got up to say a few words, when he was barely a sentence into the speech, the former leader's head exploded and a dull bang was heard, sending the crowd fleeing for cover, President Vito Scalleta had rushed into the basement of an old woman's home, and had indulged in her pasta until the sniper was found and killed. the man refused to surrender, and he had the words "The Vinci Ventians will outlast, long live Her Majesty Constantine Nopeli" in blood painted on the walls as he tried to flee.

Mediterranean sea, 3 miles from the capital of Tunisia
Pilot Luigi Cardonichi Maltano boarded his Boeing AV-8B Harrier II, this was his seventh mission of his life, but his second in an active war zone, he had been the pilot that blew up one of former Libyan Dictator Qaddafi's palaces ,and now he was going after Tunisian military facilities. as the plane rocketed off the runway and flew into the air, Maltano peered through the cockpit and saw several planes in formation with him, at least ten, their objectives was a tank factory, military barracks, and a small airstrip that contained what pitiful excuse Tunisia had for an air force.

as he rapidly climbed to bombing altitude, he noticed the ground, already small from his vantage point, practically disappear beneath the clouds. he maintained the high altitude for just a moment before screaming down below towards a military formation of tanks that was a staging area for the Tunisian defenders, he noticed the aging roofs of the T-62 tanks disintegrate under the 500 pound freedom burger he dropped on them, covering the area with a flash, then tons of smoke. seeing his payload dropped, he returned to the carrier for another bomb.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Ankara, Turkey

"Judging by his brainwaves . . . he's waking up."

"He's very pale, sir."

"Color will return in good time." The masked doctor's face was blurry, but soon cleared. Next to him was a nurse holding a clipboard. "Your Excellency, you have been asleep for four days. How do you feel right now?"

Erdogan slowly brought his hand to his face, then lowered it. "The fire's gone . . . What . . . happened?"

"You were poisoned. Had your fever not broke when it did, you'd have been a goner."

"Poisoned? How?"

"Your coffee, that morning, was laced with it. I can imagine you felt a sort-of burning sensation in your stomach?"

"Yes . . ."

"And then you passed out. You had a high fever over the next several hours, the highest point was 106. Once it broke, you slept for the next three days." The doctor glanced at the clipboard. "You will be able to return to your duties in the next day or so. For now, you will rest and get some proper nourishment. I can imagine you are starving."

"I want to know who poisoned me."

"Probably your own inner circle, Your Excellency. Who else gets that close to your coffee?"

"I will find out who did this, and they will get no mercy. Someone influenced by the coup, or was involved with the coup. I swear, when I get my hands on them--"

"Your Excellency, rest. You will have plenty of time to murder your assassin once you have rested."
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:32 pm

The People's Republic of China
Beijing, China
August 6th, 2016

Xi Jinping sat in his office, he sat and looked around the room. He'd been the country's head of state for some time now, 3 years and 5 months almost. It felt much longer to him, and to others he was sure. He assumed office after the failures of the previous administration in Korea, letting the South absorb the North in a wretched war that saw China take no action and be left without a buffer state between China and the West. Since taking the role as President of China, he had revoked all recognition of Korea, condemned the United Korea as a terrorist led-state similar to that of the Taliban in Afghanistan and would never have dealings with country until a proper regime is installed. Those actions alone ended relations with Korea, along with the sponsoring of North Korean insurgency, Xi's administration has been adamant in reestablishing the Kim regime in Pyongyang.

Not only has Xi's China been a constant issue for Korea, but for the West as a whole. Since taking over as head of state, Xi has distanced China from America and Europe a fair amount, focusing on other markets in Africa, the middle East, and Eastern Europe. The one thing Xi felt China was lacking is a membership in a strong organization like that of America and NATO. The closest China had was BRICS, but felt that the group was far too secluded and exclusive to be considered a strong group. Xi felt it was his mission to end that thought, to bring BRICS into prominence, and America out of it. He wrote transmissions to all members of BRICS- Brazil, Russia, India, and South Africa - to meet in Beijing for the same duration of the Olympics to discuss important matters dealing with the organization and it's future.

With a much-improved military since the Kim regime fell to the South, not to mention a growing economy, Xi felt that China would be the most fitting place to have the meeting to establish a military, economic, and diplomatic alliance to compete with already established organizations. With a world on the brink of insanity, it seemed that Xi was aiming to start a new cold war of sorts, this time with the West coming to knees of the East.

The People's Republic of China

To: Brazil, South Africa, Russia, and India
Encryption: High

I am in personal admiration of all of nation's nobility, to take the role in world politics that all of you have it takes courage. That is why I want to ask you to take another courageous step, this time for the group known as BRICS. I would like to invite a delegation from your glorious countries to Beijing for a conference that will reshape our futures as a whole and take us into a new direction. I eagerly await all of your decisions and responses.

Signed,
Xi Jinping, President of The People's Republic of China
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:43 am

Seperation Anxiety

The Republic of Korea, by all accounts now one of Asia's leading rising global powers, her abundant Rare Earth deposits gave Korean technological and automotive companies a leading edge in producing the newest and fastest gizmos that were used all around the world, and was one of the reasons Korea now led in scientific, technological and medical breakthroughs.

But the steam engine of the Korean economy bellowed for more. More fuel for its fire, any failure to maintain a GDP growth of less then 6% would be almost recession level, so the government was announcing a new massive attempt to keep spurring economic growth through the use of regional trade. Also, a message was sent to the United States.

Trade Initiative 0642

Trade Initiative 0642 hereby stipulates:
1. Hyundai Motor Group shall be reimbursed a total of 8.5 Trillion Won in the form of R&D Grants and Tax Cuts if it is successful in obtaining a 51% or more ownership of the Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co.

2. Doosan Group shall be reimbursed a total of 2.75 Trillion Won again in the form of R&D Grants and Tax Cuts if it is succrssful in obtaining a 60% share in the Japanese Heavy equipment and defense technology manufacturer Komatsu Limited Co.

Lee Ki-un, President of Korea read over the Trade Initiative he had just approved to sent to Hyundai and Doosan, he had done so very reluctantly, knowing it would be a good cost to the budget over the next couple years, but it was a necessary step to pushing Japan out of the way in a sense and giving Korea her time in the sun. Komatsu was a major producer of weapons for the Japanese "Self-defense force" and Honda held a huge ammount of the auto-market in both Japan and more importantly in America, it should be under Korean ownership he thought.

Given the change in the geo-political situation of the Korean peninsula over the last 6 years, it is only natural that US forces whom were based here previously should be removed, as they are now pointless in their mission and purpose, and serve only to further humiliate Koreas ability to defend herself. I should assure, that we are willing to host your military forces here for as long as necesarry, but eventually our patience will run thin. I beg you to reconsider the placement of your forces within our borders, may we come to a fairer and less taxing agreement for both of us.

Nang Nam Seon was a young Sangbyeong (E-3/Corporal), deployed with the 9th Infantry Division as part of the I Corps 'Gwanggaeto' assigned to conduct over watch on the Yalu River, across from China. Far down the river was the Chinese city of Dandong and the Korean city of Sinuiju. His platoon had taken up fire positions here, along with a Combat Police checkpoint farther up the road that ran next to the Yalu. These mornings, when Namseon sat alone in the dug out fighting position, sometimes field stripping his machine gun, drinking coffee or lifting weights, it gave him much time to reflect upon the current situation he was baring witness to. Namseon had grown up in Wonsan under the regime, he remembered it neutrally, there wasn't much food but he didn't starve to death either, but it was still obvious when he stood next to a Southern counterpart, as he's usually a few centimeters shorter. It still boggled him, why had the Chinese allowed for the Korean people to be lied to under their puppet regime? Not that it really mattered anymore, Namseon now ate 3 meals a day and received a good monthly paycheck of 182,000 Won a month. The chances of seeing war, while slim, were not impossible however.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Franco-Iberie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Franco-Iberie » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Brazil Part 2: A Quiet Night

While New York was commonly known as "The City That Never Sleeps", this was a name true of every city in the world, Rio de Janeiro being no exception. In the favelas, the mob continued to prey on the weak and grow fat, unopposed by the non-existent police in the area. This was all about to change.

Down in the South of the city, the rich ruled. And numerous nightclubs along the Leblon Beach catered to all sorts of of the corrupt and the wealthy. On the roof, a deal was taking place. Two men, Pasquale Scotti and Eduardo Herculano da Silva, the kings of Rio, were making a deal to save their empires from the new order's wrath. They shook hands and ordered some drinks, but took little time to notice the red dots on their foreheads. A moment later their brains were splattered across the roof and SWAT officers broke in through the club entrance, arresting numerous mob members. Up in the Favelas, the Army capitalized on the police's decapitation strikes and launched an offensive against the gangs, going from door to door. The handful of members that tried to put up resistance were quickly gunned down by these veterans of the Yanomami wars.

By dawn, most criminal organizations in Rio were down to - at the very least - their 30th in command. Those that remained were little more than disorganized common criminals, too terrified to do anything.

The sun rose, and a body count revealed 18 dead officers and soldiers, 200 dead gang members, and over 4,000 arrests made. The Grand Marshal holds a press conference a few hours later, to explain the situation and reassure Olympic travelers of their safety.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Last night's events have brought me here to offer an explanation. "The Battle of Rio" as it is now being referred to, was a series of drug busts, decapitation strikes, and offensives aimed at cutting the head off the snake of organized crime in Rio. As Governor Pontes said, the old order would have merely accepted a bribe from the mafia and tried to sweep the problem under the rug, we pull the problem up by the roots and kill it. We do so with methods some might call extreme or unnecessary. People who call them that have been misled by the same sort of corrupt do-nothings that Brazil ousted back in May, into believing that solutions to problems are not solutions unless carried out "ethically". The Battle of Rio has resulted in the arrests of around 5,000 career criminals who plagued and terrorized the citizens of Rio de Janeiro, and would have done the same to Olympic travelers had we not acted. I am hereby personally guaranteeing the safety of foreigners in Rio de Janeiro for the duration of the 2016 Olympics. Crime has dropped 90% today, and the streets of Rochina are finally safe to walk for the first time since the last military regime. we are truly at the beginning of a new golden era for Brazil. Thank you."

He went off the stage, to get to work on a letter to China.

Official Message of the Federative Republic of Brazil

To: People's Republic of China

The Federative Republic would be delighted to send diplomats to the honorable People's Republic in order to discuss the future of our nations, and of the BRICS pact. Thank you for this invitation.

-Respectfully, Grand Marshal Eduardo Villas Boas of Brazil

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Italian Republic
Scalleta's private presidential residence

President Vito Scalleta stared out at the cliffs on the patio of his mansion, in less than a year, he had become the president of the nation, and had orchestrated an invasion of another nation. he felt quite proud of those achievements,but,as the sun began to set, he felt a man rushing up behind him. ducking out of the way, the man dressed in a ninja costume plummeted down 3 stories to a mob of angry Italian pigeons with a love of all things Chinese. when the last ratless wing had taken a selfie of himself with the crazed maniac, Scalleta was already in bed at the time. as he got out a pot and heated it up for some macaroni and whatever the fuck he could find cheese, the door banged loudly, prompting Vito to open it up and see who was there.
"ah, General-Admiral Littoro Cardona, how goes Operation blow the shit out of Tunisia?"
"sir, we are bombing the city daily, and losses have been minimal in the initial invasion, those Tunisian dogs are fleeing like glass to the sword."
"that's very good news general, I want the landings to take place at once."
"sir, they have taken place, but it is difficult to break through their lines."
Vito pulled out his gun and shot the aide nearby.
"remember, that could've been you, I'm very lenient."
"yes, oh, and what are we going to do about the pope?"
"the Pope? round up a few of my boys, around three to four thousand of them, we're going to invade that shit stain of a nation! and drop a few bombs on this other micro nation, San Monaco, or whatever the hell it's called, understood?"
"Yes, President."

Vatican City
the normally groggy silence and muttering of the priests and ministers in the misty streets of the Vatican was broken by the sound of armored tanks rolling through the Vatican. several citizens in the Vatican manned a makeshift barricade that blocked the road to the pope's place, machine gun fire from Italian forces sent the unready and ill prepared pope's military in retreat, overhead, choppers landed soldiers in other parts of the city to secure it for Italy, at the same time, Italian C1 Ariete tanks smashed through other barricades set up to defend the pope's palace. General Antonio Carenza saw a man let loose some rockets into the barricades in front of the objective, the Popes home, and watched the men manning the barricades disintegrate due to the force of the rockets and explosions.
several soldiers, feeling confident rushed into the palace only to be cut down by some modern weapons that the pope had stored away. they tried again and again with human wave tactics to try to at least overwhelm the post. one of the soldiers got the brilliant idea and realization that this wasn't working, and so lead around fifty of the mobsters around the flank of the post, only to be met with several horsemen of the Vatican, charging in and hacking away several soldiers heads like crazy catholic maniacs that were defending not only their nation, but their way of life.

the invasion had lasted all 21 hours, and much of the city was in Italian Hands. Carenza walked into the palace and saw Pope Francis, once a happy go lucky person of the Catholics, leader of the catholic church, reduced to crying and begging for his life from the Italian forces. when the door was shut, Carenza and the Pope sat down to discuss terms.
"you know this is a violation of international law, we'll see us free once more from the likes of you!"
"well, I would've asked you nicely, but you were the ones who beheaded our ambassador on TV, which group was that?"
"a terrorist group known as God's Covenant. now, what are you're terms?"
"full annexation into the Italian Republic,you resign from your job, and we'll help with the rebuilding of your nation, deal?"
the Pope Thought it over for a full half hour as the gunfire died down before making a decision.
"Ok then, It seems I have no choice, I accept your proposal."
the Pope and Carenza shook hands and a picture was taken as the treaty was written out and signed.

Treaty of St. John's Square
1.The Italian Government authorizes the annexation of the Vatican City state into the Republic of Italy
2.The Italian Government will assist in the rebuilding of the former Vatican territory and assisting in humanitarian efforts in the conquered territory.
3.Any and all former Vatican citizens are granted full Italian citizenship if they did not have any,however, to receive Italian Citizenship, one must pay taxes to either the Mafia or an Italian official.
4.The Gendarmerie Corps of Vatican City State is to be disbanded and the former micro nation is to be put under martial law until order is established,this will be a time period of two to three weeks.
5. The Pope is to resign at once from his position, and the roman governor's wife is to be proclaimed Mayor of the Vatican.

this treaty is signed by both parties in the conflict
The Italian Republic X
The Vatican City X
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:51 pm

3 August 2016- The Union Buildings, Pretoria, Gauteng, The Republic of South Africa

Newly-elected President of South Africa, Mmusi Maimane stood alongside his Deputy President, Athol Trollip as well as his wife and children, in front of The Union Buildings in Pretoria, the executive capital of South Africa. A large crowd of several thousand people of all races and ethnicities, from South Africa and beyond were in the audience, as were dignataries and press from South Africa and abroad.

Today was Maimane's, today he made history as the first Democratic Alliance candidate to serve as president of the Republic of South Africa. His election was historic, and although he was the first Black general election candidate to represent the DA, his cabinet would reflect the diversity of his party and his nation and would include politicians of all of South Africa's major races.

As an Afrikaner man read the rites of the inauguration, Maimane was instructed to put his hand on the constiution of South Africa, and sweared to serve his country and his people, saying, "I swear to uphold the constitution of The Republic of South Africa, and to lead and represent this great nation and this great people best I can, and if the people do not think that to be the case, may they urge it of me!"[/]i, he said to great applause from the crowd.

Once the standard inauguration procedure was over, it was his turn in the spotlight, and thus his speech would begin. The microphone had been soundchecked in advance and it worked perfectly well, so there would be no repeat of what had happened to South Africa's previous two Presidents.

Maimane looked into the crowd, realizing the true extent of the meaning of this event, the true extent of what it meant to be President, President of what he though was the best country in Africa, if not the best nation on earth. He felt proud to lead his people into a better future, and he began his speech, [i]''Your Majesties, Your Highnesses, Distinguished Guests, Comrades and Friends. Today, all of us do, by our presence here, and by our celebrations in other parts of our country and the world, confer glory and hope to newborn liberty.

Out of the experience of an extraordinary human disaster that lasted too long, must be born a society of which all humanity will be proud. This disaster I speak of it not only the disaster which was the system that our nation suffered under for so many years, but te dictatorship which we have now taken this nation out of, the dictatroship of the African national Congress has fallen due to the people of this great nation, and their voice has been heard and their voice is speaking for democracy, freedom, libery, and justice for all South Africans from Cape Town to Orania, Witwatersrand to Durban, Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth, from the lush savannah to the dry and barren Kalahari Desert!

Their voices have been heard, and their demans shall be met. And their demand is for a complete transofrmation of this country, and that is what my administration is going to do for the next five years at least!

Our daily deeds as ordinary South Africans must produce an actual South African reality that will reinforce humanity's belief in justice, strengthen its confidence in the nobility of the human soul and sustain all our hopes for a glorious life for all.

All this we owe both to ourselves and to the peoples of the world who are so well represented here today.

To my compatriots, I have no hesitation in saying that each one of us is as intimately attached to the soil of this beautiful country as are the famous jacaranda trees of Pretoria and the mimosa trees of the bushveld.

Each time one of us touches the soil of this land, we feel a sense of personal renewal. The national mood changes as the seasons change.

We are moved by a sense of joy and exhilaration when the grass turns green and the flowers bloom.

That spiritual and physical oneness we all share with this common homeland explains the depth of the pain we all carried in our hearts as we saw our country ruled by a polygamist lunatic who soiled this country's great name, and as we saw it spurned, outlawed and isolated by the peoples of the world, precisely because it has become the universal base of the pernicious ideology and practice of tyranny, communism and the oppression of minority groups!

I promise that unlike my predecessor, I shall never advocate for the death of a group of South africans, as jacob Zuma did when he sang "Kill the Boer"!

I promise that I will not sexually assault innocent girls like my predecessor!

I promise that I will not engage in the disgusting and sexist ritual of polygamy, which as president of this great land,mI shall outlaw it once and for all.

I promise that I will not engage in the mass corruption and waste of tax payer's money as my predecessor did when he built his half a billion-dollar compound in the middle of sacred tribal lands!

I promise that I will end all land redistrubution, and give the land back to it's proper owners, including the Afrikaners, British and other White farmers who have done so much for the economy and our country at large, these farmers are facing a crisis and are being murdered in a genocide that I shall put a stop to immediately!

I promise that unlike my predecessor, I will change all the names of places that have been changed to names where the majority of the local residents dislike the new names, I will change the names back. in fact all the name changes since 1994 will be reverted back to their original names! Gauteng will be Transvaal once again! The Provinces of The Cape of Good Hope, Natal and The Orange Free State will also be brought back, and the provinces of Limpopo, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape and the Western Cape will no longer exist one week from today!

Additionally, may I add, that protection of the rights of South Africa's indigenous tribal peoples must be assured, so I am going to establish "homelands" for them so that they shall be able to keep their tradiitonal practices and culture alive, separate from the rest of the nation. Other ethnic groups in this country must have their unique cultures presrved for this current and future generations, So I will establish similar areas for other Black, Coloured, Cape Malay and Indian South Africans as well. Afrikaners, British, Portuguese, Greek, Jewish, German and other White South Africans will also have their rights protected and their culture preserved, and it is with this aim that I will announce that Afrikaans shall become a primary administrative, business and educational langugage once again and all children in the non-homeland areas of South Africa will only learn Afrikaans and English fluently as their mother tongues.

Afrikaans is a uniquely South African language, just as the Afrikaners are uniquely-South African people, and are in fact the only people I can say are unique to this nation.

I promise that unlike my predecessor, I will not be alright with the squalor many South Africans live in and my government will ensure that every South African has running water, electricity, television, internet, a mobile phone, refridgerator, oven, and toilets! Everyone should at least have these things! And I will give everyone air conditioning as well!

I promise that unlike my predecessor, I will not be alright with the minimum wage in this country being R10.95, or $0.98 is dollars! That is a disgrace and within the end of my first term the minimum wage will be R133, or $10 an hour! This will be the higest inimum wage in all of Africa, and this is part of my government's mission for South Africa to serve as a shining beacon of democracy, capitslism, and freedom to the rest of this continent.

We, the people of South Africa, feel fulfilled that humanity has now taken us back into its bosom, with the results of this election of a government that will respect the international values of democracy the civilised world holds dear! And that we, who were outlaws not so long ago, have today been given the rare privilege to be host to the nations of the world on our own soil.

We thank all our distinguished international guests for having come to take possession with the people of our country of what is, after all, a common victory for justice, for peace, for human dignity.

We trust that you will continue to stand by us as we tackle the challenges of building peace, prosperity, non-sexism, non-racialism and democracy.

We deeply appreciate the role that the masses of our people and their political mass democratic, religious, women, youth,business, traditional and other leaders have played to bring about this conclusion. Not least among them is my Second Deputy President, the Honourable Athol Trollip.

We would also like to pay tribute to our security forces, in all their ranks, for the distinguished role they have played in securing our democratic elections and the ongoing transition to democracy, from blood-thirsty forces which still refuse to see the light.

South Afruca will once again become a capitalist nation, and we shall shun this latent communism our nation has adopted from the likes of Mao, Mugabe and Stalin, all one and the same man! We will adopt a democratic socialist mixed economy, and we shall become a progressive, liberal, centre-left, social democratic nation and economy just as our last and only good President from the ANC, the late, the great, the hero to us all, Nelson Mandela, intended for this country to be! Certains spheres of the economy such as rail, utility, post, internet, the national airline, the national bank, a national telecommunications, teleivison and internet company, a national manufacturing company, a national appliance company, and more will remain, or will become nationalised and will be owed by the nation, by the people of this great nation! And all profits from these businesses will be redistrubuted back to you, the people! Despite this, we will also encourage many foreign companies to set up shop and trade with us, and in other sectors the economy will be a free-market systen, just as the great nation the United States has done!

And to free this nation, this economy, this people from the chains of the disastrous, tryannical Black Economic Empowerment policy, that wll be repleaced with a new $10 minimum wage for all South Africans regardless of their race, and they shall be hired regardless of race!

And all South Africans will be able to attend free public universities and colleges, as the great Hillary Clinton has proposed!

And we shall provide free healthcare to all!

And we shall treat and cure AIDS within five years, and with the help of the great Bill Clinton I hope with his future support as the next and the first, First Gentleman, he will help our nation obtain cheap AIDS medication for those suffering with it, as he has done elsewhere in the world. AIDS is a major problem for South Africa, and it will end now! And if anyone knowingly gives someone AIDS, they will go to jail for a year and be given a fine of $10,000!

South Africa will be transformed within the next five years, and it will be thanks to you, the people, that this will happen.

In this adminstration, South africa will seek to build relationships, bonds and alliances with names all around the world, here at home with our partners in the Southern African Development Community, as well as the African Union, the European Union, the United States, NATO, ASEAN, the Federation of Oceania, Korea, The Commonwealth, and other nations.

And regarding the last two names mentioned, The Republic of South Africa, now free from the fist of the Chinese puppet named Jacob Zuma, will hereby recognise The Republic of Korea as the sole and only legitimate government in the Korean peninsula from this day forward, and we hope that some certain other nations will understand that they are the legitimate government and will begin relations with them.

And regarding The Commonwealth, it is with the nations of the Commonwealth that South Africa has the closesy bond, and I will announce some exciting new measures and initiatives to bring our nation more in line with our great allies in the Commonwealth. It is the dream of my government for South Africa to become a nation like Australia, Canada or the United Kingdom, but this will take time and more on this will be announced in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

And I forgot to mention that we also will hope to continue friendly relations with our trading partners in BRICS, most especially China and India. But we do hope that foreign nations which have no business in meddling in African affairs through their pursuit of neo-imperalism, will not do so and if they do they shall face consequences for their actions.

And on that front let me address the recent actions by The Republic of Italy. From this day forward The Republic of South Africa shall sever all ties with the Republic of Italy and we condemn their recent undemocratic elections, which resulted in the rigged election of a mafia leader who then annexed several countries such as Vatican city, Tunisia and has now turned it sights, I'm afraid on Libya and Eritrea. It is only a matter of time until their imperialist aims spreads like a virus to other parts of Africa such as Ethiopia, Somalia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco, and we shall increase defence cooperation with our African allies and we shall do our best to prevent this from happening. If they infringe on African sovereignty anymore than they are, then they will have crossed a redline and there will be consequences, and the consequence will likely be war. We offer asylum to the Pope and to any Italian citizen or anyone of italian descent and we will provide every Italian who comes to South Africa with a job, $50,000 and 10 hectares of land.

Also, I wish our olympic team the best of luck in Rio, and i am sure that they will do well for our nation and for our people!

But now I come to the conclusion of my speech.

The time for the healing of the wounds has come.

The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come.

The time to build is upon us.

We have, at last, achieved our political emancipation. We pledge ourselves to liberate all our people from the continuing bondage of poverty, deprivation, suffering, gender, racial, religious, anti-gay and other discrimination.

We succeeded to take our last steps to freedom in conditions of relative peace. We commit ourselves to the construction of a complete, just and lasting peace.

We have triumphed in the effort to implant hope in the breasts of the millions of our people. We enter into a covenant that we shall build the society in which all South Africans, both black and white. coloured and Asian, will be able to walk tall, without any fear in their hearts, assured of their inalienable right to human dignity - a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world.

As a token of its commitment to the renewal of our country,the new Government of National Unity will, as a matter of urgency, address the issue of amnesty for various categories of our people who are currently serving terms of imprisonment.

We dedicate this day to all the heroes and heroines in this country and the rest of the world who sacrificed in many ways and surrendered their lives so that we could be free.

Their dreams have become reality. Freedom is their reward.
We are both humbled and elevated by the honour and privilege that you, the people of South Africa, have bestowed on us, as the first President of a democratic, non-communist, capitalist, free, just and fair South Africa, to lead our country out of the valley of darkness.

We understand it still that there is no easy road to freedom.

We know it well that none of us acting alone can achieve success.

We must therefore act together as a united people, for national reconciliation, for nation building, for the birth of a new world.

Let there be justice for all.

Let there be peace for all.

Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.

Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the soul have been freed to fulfill themselves.

Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another and suffer the indignity of being the skunk of the world.

Let freedom reign.

And one day the shining beacon that our nation has now become with shine freedom and liberty on nations and set them free from the oppression and dictatroship they now face!

The sun shall never set on so glorious a human achievement!

God bless South Africa!

Thank you for being here, thank you for listening, thank you for watching, thank you for reading, and thank you for voting for me in this historic election, and I am proud to serve as your first democratic President, your first president from the greatest political party on the face of the Earth, The Democratic Alliance!."
, said Maimane as he, his wife, and his deputy Athol Trollip all waved to the crowd beside the stage.

As Maimane's security detail urged him to leave the venue now, he decided against that and being a man of the people, went into the crow and shook every single person's hands out of the thousands of people who were in the crowd, many of these people also took selfies with him.

This was his moment, and after so many years he had finally achieved what he had dreamed of, and he had become the President of the Republic of South Africa.
Last edited by British Empire Strikes Back on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Ankara, Turkey

The task of ridding Erdogan's body of the poison was one that the doctors were finding amusing, mainly because Erdogan was a complainer, and one of their worst. The nurses found him particularly annoying, especially the day prior, when he heard about South Africa.

"I'd rather die than give my support to this Communist scumbag! Look at what he's promising! It goes against everything our Ottoman ancestors fought for! Let me out of here! Let me give this dirty Red bastard a piece of my mind!"

"Your Excellency, stop yelling if you want to recover!" one of the nurses said.

"No! Don't tell me what to do!"

"Erdogan--"

Erdogan held up a tube and a needle; he had pulled his IV drip out. "Stop it, Nurse."

The nurse frowned, and walked over to Erdogan with a syringe. She stuck it in his arm, watching as he fell asleep again before putting his IV back in.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Italian Republic
Rome

President Vito Scalleta walked through the halls of the St. Peters Basilica, staring at the many beautiful paintings and imagery on the walls of the church as the parades went on outside. in less than a day, he had managed to overthrow the Pope and make the former Vatican city, one that had lasted for over 87 years and was a sanctuary for religion, now was firmly in the hands of the Mafia led Italian Republic. he heard the sounds of men grunting outside and lifting up the crumbled remains of some statues from the artillery fire that had rained down on them only a couple of days before hand. it felt odd, as the Previous leadership had great respect for the pope, and now here he was, the Mafia leader of Italy outright invading the world's tiniest sovereign nation, or should he say formerly sovereign nation. he peeked around the corner and saw several decaying corpses hunched up in a corner, he understood what they were doing, as the Italian mafiosos' guns had hit directly through the brick wall, which forced the debris back and caused some to bury the family alive in rubble. he wondered what their last thoughts were as they had no idea who was attacking them. he understood the feelings of fear, anger,confusion and suffering those people had gone through. it made him a bit pitiful that he did have to do it, but, he wanted some experience for the military he was building back up. he had inherited an Italy on the verge of anarchy, and had managed to restore some order to it. that may or may not have been true, but,hell, it made good propaganda for the increasingly large Italian Military. leaving the building, a tear rolled down his cheek. when he had left the city and returned to his palace, he picked up a recent newspaper titled, South African leader condemns the march of Vito's Italy!

"an appropriate title for a piece of shit scum reporter that probably got paid a pretty penny to write this shit. let's have a look."

as his eyes ran through the pages and leaped sentences then paragraphs, his blood began to increase slowly to a boil, then rapidly as he read the proposed Asylum to the Pope and the Italian citizens who would dare leave the nation.
"that's it! give the order for Pope Francis to be removed from his post via force, and close the entire nation, allow only travel between the parts of the Republic, such as the Mainland,Sicily,Sardinia and Tunisia. the boarder with Austria,Switzerland and France are to be closed and boarder guards are to patrol it, no fuck boarder guards, deploy around 40,000 troops to the northern boarders, 10,000 for each nation, Austria, France Switzerland and Slovenia."
" Yes sir!"
" oh! and I want all armed forces on full alert for any enemy activity, and get me a microphone, I shall give a speech to my people!"

One Hour Later
Vito Scalleta stood on the smooth marble covered balcony as a crowd of over 30,000 people in Rome waited for his speech. a large majority thought the leader was better than the previous leader, just on tradition alone. but, this was not all of them sadly, with several former Catholics threatening a coup in the governmental regime, and he had to force them out with a little money. taking a deep breath, he began his speech, flanked by two mafia hit men, the official guards of the President.

"People of the Italian Mafian Republic, I have some changes to announce, first off, I am approving 28 million more Euro to armed forces development and the conscription of 150,000 more soldiers in our armed forces. I am also reintroducing conscription in the Italian Mafia army, you may get a better paying job in the army and an instant promotion up three ranks if you are a known and active Mafia member. now then, onto my speech. ever since this nation was founded by the grand Romulus and Remuel, we have had a fascination and warlike mind to expand the territory of the empire. Ceaser managed to begin something wonderful, and put the nail in the coffin for a hope of democracy ever flowing in Rome.In an ironic twist, we as this militaristic empire seized Greece, which was the birthplace of the great ideals of democracy, if that is not a heavy dose of Irony, I don't know what is?! as for the so called Democratically elected President of South Africa's slanderous, inaccurate, and misleading accusations that we invaded the vaticna, we merely liberated them from the corruption and imbalance between the wealthy cardinal and the poor populace inside the church. I vow to bring great change to this Nation, and Make it great once more. no longer shall you worry about your job being lost to some immigrant fucker, because I am closing off the nation in a policy called tenuta invernale del fiore delicato, or winter tightness of the delicate flower. this policy will do as I have said before, ban all foreigners from entering the nation, except those that conduct bushiness and trade with us. this policy is to in effect for as long as we are a prosperous nation. Long Live the Italian Mafian Republic, death to our enemies!"
the crowd let loose triumphant and ear breaking cheers of joy and approval, along with the monotone sound of the repetition of shouting the President's name again and again. Vito merely nodded and waved to his people before heading back outside.

Italian High Command Office

General Alexi Branchetiov Romanov twirled his mustache at the possible targets for invasion, they could hit France or Switzerland, but doing so would incur the wrath of both the EU and NATO, so any attempt at invading Europe was out of the question. but, there were the lucrative territories in Africa, specifically North Africa that called to be invaded, begging to be civilized once more by the European powers. he was inclined to answer those calls with a strike on the country of Libya. looking over the battle plans, the objectives and tactics used were rudimentary at best, but fancy maneuvering was seen as a waste of resources when they could strike the capital directly. granted it would be the first proper engagement for the Italian Mafian Army and Navy, and a test to coordinate a bit better.

the plan was altered a bit, after a long night of drawing up, crumbling and cursing at drawings of battle plans, he had thought it up. it was genius. the Italian 5th Armored would advance along the coast, securing several beachheads for landing even more forces and gathering more supplies to arm his troops. the armies would then split into two columns, one heading for the capital, and the other heading for Belida. once those were taken, they would spread out all over the nation and take as much as they could with them. satisfied with the plans, he ran a copy of them over to the Presidential Mafian Leader.
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Chancellor Rudolph Rehn sat at his desk, penning a message to the newly independent nation of Scotland. A large window in front of his desk gave him a clear view of his capitol. Helsinki was basking in the sun, and citizens milled about, free and unafraid. Unlike so many other poor nations that had been ripped apart by savage terrorists attacks, Finland had yet to experience such a devastating event. And Rehn sought to keep it that way. He finished his congratulations letter to Scotland, and next set about with the defensive situation. Since World War Two Finland had taken on an increasingly nationalist and even imperialist attitude, wallowing in its newfound gains in Norway and Russia. Rudolph didn't want to start a war, but he certain one or both of those countries would want their lands back.

Russia was what he was worried about. In 1940 the Finns had pushed the Soviet Union, but that was just after Stalin's purges of the Russian officer corps, when the USSR was particularly weak. Now Russia had a strong military, and while Finland also had a large force of reserves, it would not be able to hold back the Russians. The Norwegians he could handle, but the Russians would surely be able to conquer Finland- but the Scandinavian state would put up one hell of a fight. Rehn couldn't very well increase his military's size- including reserves it was already almost a tenth of Finland's population. Instead, he would revamp training and allocate more of his national budget into the armed forces, purchasing better equipment for his troops. Finland would be prepared.

THE STATE OF FINLAND

To: The Scottish State
Salutations!
I speak for the entire Finnish nation when I say that I am pleased that the Scottish people have brought themselves under their own rule and joined the international community. I am happy to officially recognize your country and am already preparing to open a Finnish embassy in Edinburgh and a Scottish embassy here in Helsinki, where I write you from. I hope that our two nations may be friends, and that you are accepted into the European Union.
Sincerely,
-Chancellor Rudolph Rehn

Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

SLAVIC RUSSIAN STATE

Chechnya, SRS

The cracks of gunfire were all around the land as the new order began it's reign of terror upon the former Russian Federation. Supreme President Alexei Kashovski had an order of business to attend to, and that was to finally weed out the Islamic presence in Chechnya. The old regime did relativley well, but now it was time to smash them. There was reason to believe that the Islamic State had also become a sponsor. This could not be tolerated under any circumstances. The Caucus Emirate, joined by the Islamic State, would prove to be a thorn in the side of the new Slavic vision, a vision free from the raging Jihad of the Middle East. The flames of war were already apparent within the SRS's borders.

While rebuilding efforts were a priority, there was also a plan being put into place to deport Islamic followers of the region as well as moving in of Non-Islamic Russian citizens of Slavic descent. The Russian Slavic Army was already pushing deep but was now spread out to better seek and destroy them. The reports of dead had began flowing in as it appeared that the Islamic State had indeed gotten it's hands dirty. It became apparent when the black banner of ISIL was found with the remains of terrorist outposts. SU-35 and MiG-29's soared over head and the booms of directed airstrikes echoed off the mountains. The red star, now gold, dominated the skys. The enemy had faith and determination on his side however and when he gave ground it was only to regroup.

Chechen Village, SRS, 1st Russian Slavic Army Infantry

Nicholas Manakov gripped his AKS-74M tightly as the battle ambience played with his ears. Screams in Russia and Arabic could be heard as his platoon had made contact with the butchers. His face was hidden behind a black balaclava, it hid the rush of adrenaline that was pouring into his system. A figured moved in the tree line ahead of him, his comrade to his right began to open fire with his RPK-74. Nicholas raised his Kalashnikov and fire a burst, joining his slavic brothers barrage of 5.54 rounds. The figure fell...or at least that's what they thought, he may have just hurled himself into the dirt to avoid his fate. The commander ordered them forward. His body froze for a moment, contemplating the possibly of death ahead of him. Then they had no choice, they began to move forward, luckily the growling of a nearby BMP-3 brought his faith up. His gloves were sweaty underneath and he kept readjusting his grip on his weapon. His breath was hot and constant as they made their way into the woods surrounding the village. They found the man they had fired at, he was middle aged with a thick beard. A worn AKS-74U lay at his side and he was still breathing but life was not his friend now. He began to utter an islamic prayer. Nicholas was almost upset that they had killed a man...but then he remembered the attack on the Kremlin and it pushed his anger passed the boiling point. In a fury he fired off a burst into the man, cutting his line to god. He turned and faced away from the dead man before regrouping with his squad...this was only the beginning...he knew it...

Diplomatic Channels

To: The People's Republic of China; Xi Jinping
From: Supreme President Alexei Kashovski, Slavic Russian State
Encryption: High

We may send a representative, we are not blind to the Sino-Soviet split and how you wore our mutual causes out in the past. We are no Soviet Union, we are it's successor and pure to the vision of Slavia. Perhaps something can be arranged...but if we see the Red Dragon ear it's ugly head then there will be a breaking between us.

-----------

To: Marcelo Ebrard, Mexico

We are weary of your ties to the Americans and with the new order we are not bound to do business to the likes of you. However, PEMEX and GAZPROM-SLAVIYA (new racial company name) may be able to benefit mutually from an agreement. Perhaps an arrangement can be made with our business officials if we receive a description on what exactly you intend for our corporate interests.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 am

Republic of San Marino

"Alessandro, look! Jet planes!"

The alert was quite unnecessary, the addresse having already been aware of the flight of aircraft's presence long before. Standing with his class on breezy Monte Titano, the schoolboy could not help but feel amazed and awestruck as the Tornadoes approached. Not for their speed or agility, but for their destructive power. On their wings, they had tonnes of explosives. Enough to burn away a small town, he reckoned. He tried to visualise what the three aircraft could do to the quaint little 'city' of some four thousand that lay sprawled out below. The brownish-red rectangles on lush, dark green vanished into vivid shades of red and orange, accompanied by the fearsome rumbling and shrieking of engines. Into the sunset, why not.

As dramatic as a Michael Bay film. Pushing aside some of the chattering girls, he ignored his friend, Andrea, even as he was playfully chastised. No, he did not have any crushes to pursue with the girls. He thought of them as troublesome, always excitedly and incessantly blabbering even during class.

Eventually giving up on getting a view through the nearest window, Alessandro decided to see if he could catch a glimpse of the jet fighters. Instead, he saw a field of black smoke plumes, rapidly rising up from where an array of houses had once been. There were screams. There were fires. There were classmates pulling him away, Andrea, the local guide, Mr Valentini. A veritable stampede of Italian schoolchildren, retreating from the burning embers of the City of San Marino.

Through the window, he saw the grey demon swoop past again, its wings no longer laden with terror. Then, dozens of cannon rounds began to tear through the venerable castle. Even as its home burned, the stone walls refused to relent, shielding the children as they panickedly ran down winding steps centuries old. As best as it could, with all the desperate strength it could muster, the towers stood tall and mighty.

But modern technology would succeed in the end. The walls were gutted steadily, and, creaking and sighing, gave with a last gasp. Stonework fell, collapsing in all directions. Some cascaded right off the steep mountainside, bombarding the already-suffering Sammarinese below. Some fell towards Alessandro, and Andrea, and Mr Valentini and all the rest. If there had been anything to be glad about on that day, it was the survival of those who did.

Everyone was frightened. The girls were huddled around each other, fearing for their very lives as they stammered and quivered, even while wondering out loud about who had done it.

Who had dropped the bombs.

Alessandro was afraid as well. Although the Gendarmerie had reassured him, he had the sneaking suspicion that a mere pistol was not going to be effective against a plane.

"Andrea? Are you there?"

He called out for his friend, his voice reverberating in the cellar. Or was it his own shivering?

"I'm here, and I'll always be here. What is it?"

Andrea was there. His friend was there. His classmates too. He was not alone.

And what of those people, those who had been maimed by the bombs and lay dying now in pits ablaze?

They are not here. They are not Andrea, not my friends, not my classmates, not Italians.

They are not alive. They are dead. The dead are not people.

I am alive. Still alive.

Still alive.

San Marino Hospital was facing the largest influx of patients in its entire history. Dozens were in critical condition, many more suffered burns and smoke inhalation, and the dead...

The dead were not the focus. A hospital saved the still-living from joining the dead. As a doctor, Giuseppe had to concentrate on those who could be saved. They had no resources, no manpower to treat all the critical ones. Not without the chance of the moderate-risk victims' conditions degrading further.

This would be the most painful triage in his life.

"People of San Marino! This is an emergency! I appeal to you, those with cars, vehicles that can transport a patient, please! In an orderly fashion, follow this police vehicle to San Marino Hospital. I repeat..."

The plan to evacuate patients to Italian hospitals, and then preferrably abroad, was unorthodox, not to mention probably illegal. The trains and buses had already left, and the helicopters destined for Rimini were returning from their first trip. Even the Captains Regents had set off with their families towards the hospital for the mass evacuation. The 5th of August was an affair for all of San Marino. A day of heroic and daring action, and a day of mourning and grief.

In the hours following the bombings, the fire brigade (as with all the civil service, frankly) had found itself overextended trying to extinguish the incendiary-caused flames. Only recently had the City of San Marino been declared fire-free, at the cost of two poor souls.

The sight of the country on fire will haunt them for as long as they live.

The bombs dropped at 9.04 in the morning. It was now two in the afternoon, and solemnly, Pasquale Valentini put down his pen. He turned his head, slowly, to lock eyes with the Captains Regents.

"It shall be delivered at once, at your Excellencies command."

Their shared silence indicated their affirmatives.

Sir,

On the morning of the 5th of August, Italian forces bombed and attacked the City of San Marino and Monte Titano without prior reasoned declaration of war or an ultimatum with conditional declaration of war in defiance and contravention of international law, notably Article I of the Hague Convention.

In response to these acts of unprovoked aggression and war, the Government of San Marino hereby declares that a state of war exists between the Republic of San Marino and the Italian Republic and that the people of San Marino will prosecute diligently the same.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Italian Republic is hereby instructed to inform the Italian Government of this declaration.

Secretary for Foreign Affairs
Pasquale Valentini
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse