NATION

PASSWORD

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

Postby Saleon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 am

Banner courtesy of Stormwrath. Thank you Thank you.

Thunder cracks in the distance.

Rain roars down as if God had called it forth as punishment.

Most people would be inside at this point, but Purgatory was a city that never slept. Amber Faust walked to the scene, followed by the Purgatory police. They called her in, as they often do, to investigate. She had political clout in the city, as the town’s leader. She clenched her umbrella and walked into a scene like new management taking over a business that needed changing. In one moment, her presence stalled all other actions, in the next she directed it into where it should have been to begin with. “Alright you Muskrats!” she shouted towards the police officers following her, “get that tent up over this mess! I don’t want all our evidence down the sh!tter, not like this town ain’t already gone to sh!t…” She held a large umbrella in her arms, keeping her dry, though she didn’t like holding it, the wind making it a battle more than anything. She had a tight yet fashionable all black pantsuit and jacket, but no shirt. You could see her skin in a number of places, but she maintained a serious composure. Her face was quite soft, with short hair and tiny lips, but she had the devil’s eyes piercing down anyone in her way.

The police mobilized around her. They had already begun to set up rods to hold the tent, but they were still having trouble with the intense weather. Many of them wore rain parkas, but many parts would accidentally flutter in the wind. She gave daggers to them as they had gotten a little lazy as she was coming. They should know better. As some were assembling a tent, others had been scouring for any information or evidence. They were effective in their own right, but it was a little difficult, considering the weather conditions.

She looked over the mess before her, water wiping out any hope for solid evidence, she could see the blood drenching down the vents. The walls had been covered by blood as well, but some of that was slowly being taken away by the water. The blood was the least of her concerns, the biggest concern being… all the pieces. The nondescript man had been flayed, splayed, and sprayed across the ground and walls. The arms had been separated in fifty different ways, the legs in one hundred, the stomach in many more, and you get the picture. There was no real semblance of an intentional pattern, it was like an animal---had the animal had rabies, rampant bloodlust, and little care to leave any food. It was savage and disgusting. Inhuman, absolutely inhuman. The body was in chunks. The only evidence available, was the wallet the man had with them. “Daniel Forrester, aged 46; long-time resident. He owned a bar if I remembered rightly, bad wine, though,” she extrapolated.

“What happened to him---err, outside of murder what can you get out of it, Constable?” one of the detectives inquired.

“I don’t have to say much about this: He became a brutal orgy of blood and body parts. You’d call this otherworldly, but knowing this city, there is probably something very real about this,” she remarked, looking at her notepad before shutting it, “Well, I gotta say, this alleyway needed some redecorating. Unfortunately, I don’t think the redecorator was much good, might be good to rehire. We can’t find anything much with this mess. I say we call a town meeting; we can’t hide this, and the people shouldn’t be left in the dark.”

“You sure?”

“Do I tell jokes?”

“A lot, actually. Mostly depressing jokes, I hate your sense of humor. But… I respect your leadership. ”

“Good to have a base-line. Now get that tent up, muskrat, and see about finding anything else. Keep your flints out in case something goes down.”

”I did it! I actually did it! I took someone’s life; it felt so good, so empowering!” the strange person shouted. He stares down at his hands, they were covered in someone else’s red essence. They gave him or her a sense of pride. There was something beautiful in it. ”this stuff is amazing!” the crazed individual cackled, ”just one dose and I feel like I could destroy this city. With one dose, I am a God! With more… and more… and more… I could even become something to surpass God!”

The individual seemed sleep deprived, their hands were manic, they couldn’t see straight, and they had delusions of power. They didn’t even know what was going on around them. Inside their empty room, they looked as if they would fall unconscious, but the person was overjoyed…

EPISODE 1: TRVAG, SO IT BEGINS…

The city continued to rain down, the water coursing through the streets like veins in the bloodstream. There was a fine mist laid out on the street, just around leg-level. She gave a sad sigh was she looked at the town hall. Well, it is known as town hall, but it really has more of a gothic cathedral feel. It had the elaborate pale glass window in the top, the door was surrounded by a hallway of doors. It was used as a town hall, but they never seemed to hold any religious hearings… It was an odd building. She had the bells rung eight times, sequentially, to signal people for a meeting at town square.

The great fire, the fire in the center of the city, was not affected by the rain. It burned as bright as ever. It was loved almost religiously, but it is also safeguarded by a set of barriers; these barriers were put in place so that people didn’t try jumping in it… it was one way to kill yourself… so it was something to stop. Buildings surrounded the fire, as if tepid campers keeping warm in a scary forest they know little about. It was reasonable to be afraid. For whatever warmth there was here, there was only a cold feeling beyond it.

The bells could still be heard from the cathedral. They rang loudly, then echoed. It was a sound that repeated. The sky hung up above the cathedral, ominously reminding the people that they were alone. Remember that childhood dream? The one where every star represented a chance for another people. The eternal hope for an answer to “is anyone out there?” Not in Purgatory. The air was crisp but solitary.

The police were still arranging a number of things in the background. The investigators were cataloging information. the policemen had moved to place up a tent, but barely made it in time. One of the detectives came in with a more extensive list of everything that happened at the incident. Amber reviewed it quickly, making a couple edits to the speech before just chucking the things and just going off the cuff. Why dawdle? It was people’s lives.

Amber stood at the front in a podium, she looked at the crowd, and waited for others to show up. “well, I always hate these meetings; not my thing, but also never a happy meeting…” she mumbled to herself, “why can’t I do a happy meeting! What about a painting… in the museum?” She paused for a second, thinking about that speech, “no, that would just be pretty boring.” She then realized the error in her ways. It felt a little disparaging, but she isn’t here to tell good news, she had a motto to deliver the tough news and get past it. As she looked over the fire, she gave a slight yawn, “I need a drink after this… maybe a good person to visit.”
Last edited by Saleon on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Before Death
In some God forsaken Town

Shilo was falling. It was a long fall from where he was thrown out to the cold pavement on the ground. As he fell, he did not scream. Instead he looked down at the ground, knowing death was inevitable, and he failed to protect her. He was a useless piece of human trash. Shilo was ready to welcome death with open arms. Time seemed to slow during the fall as Shilo thought to himself.

This is how it ends? Being thrown from the window of my own apartment. Failing to protect Lia from our father... This seems fitting. he thought, How did I get here though? Oh that's right, ran away... To protect her... Still failed. You really are a good for nothing Shilo. You failed... What is in store for her? God I don't want to think about that... It won't help anyways... I'm going to die... It's going to look like an accident... What time is it? Eight o'clock? Sounds about right. What's day? A Monday. God I hate Mondays. What month? November. Right, November. Year? 2016. That was a good year I must admit. Lia's birthday is three days away. I had something special planned. Can't do anything now...

He closed his eyes as the pavement got closer, I wonder if I will be remembered? Who knows? Oh, death, take me from this hell called earth. And God, please, if you ever did exist, protect Lia... G–

The thought ended suddenly and everything went, not black, not white, just nothing. His body laid on the cold pavement of the alley, his head cracked right open, almost every bone in his body broken and many of his internal organs turned to mush. The snow turned a crimson red. His body laid there for the night, it was only in the morning that he was found. His body had been partly consumed, probably by stray dogs or cats or both. Investigations from the police would call his death a suicide.

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
In some God forsaken Alley

The nothingness gave way to an empty darkness. Shilo groaned as he opened his eyes. Where was he? Purgatory. Though he had no clue. He just looked up to the dusk sky through the narrow alley. There was nothing in the sky, but yet, he could feel rain drops falling on him.

Strange…. Where am I? Where are the clouds? How is it raining? he thought as he sat up and noticed what he was wearing. This feels wrong…

“Oi, you!” A voice said. Shilo turned to where the voice was coming from. Three large and rather gruff looking men stood in the alley looking at him.

Shilo pointed to himself.

“Yes you.” One of them said and crossed his arms, “What do you think ya doing here?”

“Dunno.” Shilo said, What am I doing here?

“Whatca ya mean dunno? This is our turf, and ya trespassing.” The one with the crossed arms said, his buddies smirked as they cracked their knuckles, one pulled out a knife. “Now, you have too choices. One hand over all the valuables ya ave and ya get to walk away unharmed. Or too… we take it all and leave ya here to die again. Whats it goin to be?”

Die again? Shilo asked himself as he stood up. He checked himself for valuables, I really don’t want to fight…

When nothing came up, he sighed and started to rotate his right arm in a spin while placing his left hand on the shoulder. He then held his hands up, but with open palms. “Look pals, I have no idea what you are talking about. And I don’t have any valuables. So, how about we just forget this. I won’t bother you lot, just kindly let me by.”

The three of them laughed, and the middle guy, who Shilo had determined was their leader looked Shilo right in the eyes. “Get em boys.”

Shilo sighed, “I really didn’t want to do this…” he said as the two grunts charged him. Instinct took over, and Shilo avoided one of their fists, and blocked the second one, which was the knife. To block the second one, he simply stepped in and drove his arm against the man's throat, while using his other arm, he stopped the swing of the knife before it started through his hand driving into the man’s biceps. From there he pulled the arm down, and locked the knife wielding arm to his side. Once it was locked, the strikes came. Constantly, one after another. Elbow, elbow, elbow, knee, constantly driving back. This all happened in a matter of seconds until the man dropped the knife, and then Shilo pushed the man back.

Ummm…. Ok…. I don’t remember learning how to fight, but…. he thought and smirked with animal like eyes, This is awesome.

The first man obviously didn’t like the fact his partner was being used as a punching bag, and charged straight at Shilo. Shilo stepped under the man’s attack and grabbed him from behind in a choke hold before using him as a human shield. The knife man had recovered and was looking like he wanted another shot at Shilo, but hesitated due to the fact his buddy was between him and Shilo. Their leader barked some order, something along the lines of “Whatca waiting for? Get em” or something like that. Shilo honestly didn’t care. But when the knife-less knife man charged again, Shilo did something he wasn’t expecting. His fingers plunged into the eyes of the man he was holding, gouging them. The man screamed in pain before being kicked towards the knife-less knife man.

The knife-less knife man jumped back, and let his buddy hit the ground, and unknown to all parties at the time hit the ground a little to hard suffered a hemorrhage. The knife-less knife man shook his head before attacking Shilo. He put Shilo on the defensive, and Shilo took a few hits. The knife-less knife man may have broken one of Shilo’s ribs, but due to the adrenaline in Shilo’s blood, he didn’t really feel it. The only sigh was the fact that he coughed up some blood after the hit. Regardless, most hits though were fairly well blocked as Shilo was forced to back up.

Shit. Come on… Shilo thought upon realizing he was in a bad position. But then he saw an opening to escape. He ducked under a punch and moved over so he was now beside and a little bit behind the knife-less knife man. Without hesitation, Shilo delivered a powerful kick right to the side of the knife-less knife man’s knee. There was a satisfying pop as the knife-less knife man fell to the ground screaming.

Somehow knowing that the knife-less knife man was out of the fight now, Shilo turned to the leader. Shilo smirked when he saw the look of absolute fear on the leader's face, wide eyes, twitching eyebrows, and an open mouth. Not only that, but there was a very obvious wet area around the crotch.

“W-W-W-Who… No… What are you?” The leader said and took a step back.

“Who am I?” Shilo asked, “Who am I? Good question… Let’s see…. Shilo Weardhyll…. Sounds about right. As for what… I do believe I am your everyday good for nothing.”

The leader still seemed to be in shock. “No…. ya some sort of monster….”

Shilo smirked and approached the petrified leader, cracking his knuckles as he walked closer.

“Boo.” Was all Shilo said before the leader was gone. Shilo watched as the man ran out the alley and was slightly amassed at the man’s speed. “Wow… talk about fast.”

He then turned to the knife-less knife man, who had literally began to crawl away. Shilo chuckled to himself and looked down at the man he took the eyes from. He crouched down and checked for a pulse.

Wait? Why am I doing this? He was trying to kill me…. Shilo questioned his actions and sighed when he found no pulse. Well…. Shit. I killed him…. Shit.
Shilo stood up and ran his hand through his hair, “What am I going to do? Ah, screw it. This was self defense.” It was then he saw that in the man’s back pocket was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter (yes, there were lighters in the Victorian Era). No. No looting the body… but he won’t need those anymore… and they aren’t money….

He sighed and picked up the lighter and cigarettes. He put the packet in his pocket and pulled one out. Lighting it he started to walk out of the alley. As he walked he started to feel more and more pain. He examined himself, noting all bruises, scrapes and even some cuts. He definitely didn’t leave that fight unharmed. Bleeding and hurting, he left the alley smoking and with an obvious limp.

Now… to figure out where in God’s name I am… he thought and started to wander. He eventually found a nice park. He needed a rest from walking, so he found a bench and sat down after putting out his cigarette. He closed his eyes and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:57 am

Bells.

Crystal blinked as she heard them, and sighed. She didn't like these meetings, but she supposed she had to go to them anyway. Looking around at her friends, she nodded with a small smile and stood up. They followed her lead, and the group of thieves went to the town square.

"Remember," she said before they got there, "this is a good opportunity to pick some pockets." Looking at a pink-haired girl, she reminded, "and please try not to give yourself away this time."

The girl's face turned as pink as her hair, and she nodded, embarrassed.
The bells cut through Caroline's music, throwing her off and making her bow screech across the strings with surprise.

"Oh, come on," she complained. "Of all the times for one of these?"

"It doesn't matter," Catherine reminded her. "The bells ring when the bells ring. Life doesn't consider our needs before it goes on."

"Why are you so poetic?" Caroline asked wryly. "Ah, come on. Might as well get going, anyway."
Deep within Purgatory, there was a small desk. Charlotte Noble sat there, in the way she always did, her hands crossed in front of her face as she thought deeply about... well, absolutely nothing.

Sometimes she just had to think about nothing in order to keep from going insane.

She wasn't exactly happy about that fact.

Then she heard the bells, snapping her out of her boredom, and making her grateful that she didn't have a patient instead of upset that she had nothing to do. Now, she could be occupied, at least for a little.

"Marietta?" she called, and the white-haired girl looked in from the next room.

"I'm here, Doctor," she said with a nod. "Shall we go?"

Charlotte had to suppress a smile at Marietta's mannerisms, and her eternally fancy style of dress. "Come on," she replied. "Let's get moving."

They did.

But then something happened that they did not expect.

"Doctor, look!" Marietta said urgently.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:He sighed and picked up the lighter and cigarettes. He put the packet in his pocket and pulled one out. Lighting it he started to walk out of the alley. As he walked he started to feel more and more pain. He examined himself, noting all bruises, scrapes and even some cuts. He definitely didn’t leave that fight unharmed. Bleeding and hurting, he left the alley smoking and with an obvious limp.

Now… to figure out where in God’s name I am… he thought and started to wander. He eventually found a nice park. He needed a rest from walking, so he found a bench and sat down after putting out his cigarette. He closed his eyes and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.
"I see him," Charlotte said with a frown. Sleeping in a state like that is a bad idea. For one, not getting those wounds treated is a bad idea. For another, appearing even slightly vulnerable in a place like this is just asking for trouble. "The meeting's going to have to wait, then. Hey!" she called, walking over to the sleeping form and attempting to wake him. "Wake up!"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
In some God forsaken Park

Shilo stirred and opened one eye to see who was calling to him. He saw two people approaching, one a redhead in simpler clothes than the white haired girl who was with her. Are they a threat? he asked himself, taking the way they were approaching, the redhead seemed pissed, but not really like she wanted to shank him, nor did the white haired girl.

After a careful look through one eye, he closed it again. "Go away." He said, "Can't you see I'm trying to rest?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Shilo stirred and opened one eye to see who was calling to him. He saw two people approaching, one a redhead in simpler clothes than the white haired girl who was with her. Are they a threat? he asked himself, taking the way they were approaching, the redhead seemed pissed, but not really like she wanted to shank him, nor did the white haired girl.

After a careful look through one eye, he closed it again. "Go away." He said, "Can't you see I'm trying to rest?"

"I can see that," Charlotte said sarcastically. "I can also see that you're injured and you could use medical attention. I'm guessing you're new here, because it's a bad move to sleep in a place like this, and in a state like that. So no; I'm not going away. In fact, I will physically drag you back and fix you up if you don't come along willingly, because I'm a doctor and I happen to have a policy against leaving injured people to get themselves killed by blood loss or some of the more unsavory residents around here. Got it?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:41 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Shilo chuckled and did not open his eyes, "I can defend myself, quit your worrying." He said, "I believe I am a light sleeper, as you have easily woke me, and if what happened in that alley was not a fluke. Then I can easily defend myself. So, go away and let me rest. I don't need your help."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:46 am

Purgatory

Shilo chuckled and did not open his eyes, "I can defend myself, quit your worrying." He said, "I believe I am a light sleeper, as you have easily woke me, and if what happened in that alley was not a fluke. Then I can easily defend myself. So, go away and let me rest. I don't need your help."

"Those wounds aren't going to treat themselves," she pointed out. "Not before you've lost a good deal of blood, anyway. And not before they possibly become infected."

She put her hands on her hips and leveled a glare at him, even though his eyes were closed.

"In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not going to go away," she remarked. "You can rest when you've received proper medical care. Until then, you're just going to have to deal with it. Unless, of course, you want to die all over again, and since nobody knows what happens if you die here, for all you know the next place you end up will be even worse. Do you want to take that risk?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:54 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Shilo sighed, How can I get rid of her? he started to think to himself, I could get up and walk away. I could probably knock her out easily. I could call for the police. So many things.... Wait a second... His thought process was interrupted by a very specific thing she said. "You want to die all over again." Such a strange thing to say. He couldn't tell if it was a joke or what by her tone. But it did seem to match what one of those hooligans in the alley had said. So to say that Shilo's attention was caught would be an understatement.

"What do you mean by die again?" He said and looked at her, "That's the second time I've heard that. What do you mean?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Kura Vinge
Workshop

Here Kura was, tailoring a suit for a young man, when the bells rang.
"Oh boy..." she mumbled.

"You coming, Laelynn?"

Laelynn Vinge
Workshop

"I don't really want to..."
Laelynn was helping with Kura's job. She mostly just helped with organizing the tools and materials, and handing them over when she needed them. The actual tailoring was almost completely up to her sister.
"But I guess I'll go..."

The workshop wasn't the prettiest, or the biggest, but it was comfortable enough to be, well, comfortable.

Kura Vinge
Workshop

"Okay...
Come on, then."

Kura walked out of the door and then Laelynn, but not before locking it. They both started walking to the town hall, which wouldn't take too long. Maybe two minutes, at least.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Somewhere in the distance, lightning flashed, shortly followed by the boom of thunder. Violet ignored it, choosing to let the opera music flowing out of a nearby phonograph and the taste of a fine red wine fill her senses instead. Evenings like these were far too rare, she decided, as she closed her eyes and swirled the blood-red liquid around her tongue. Most of the time, someone in her position would be swamped by work, but as of late it seemed the city had quieted down, at least for the moment. It was slightly unusual, to put it lightly, and as she contemplated it she couldn't quite shake the feeling that it was the calm before a st-

No. Better to not indulge in such silly superstitions. Besides, she had already decided that tonight would be a night solely devoted to her own relaxation and pleasure.

Hhhmmm. Maybe I could even go visit Faust...

But before she had the chance to fully consider the option, or even dismiss it out of hand, she became aware of a new sound drifting through the air, mingling with the soft patter of rain and the melancholy moan of cellos. It was the sound of slippered feet on expensive carpet - one of her maids, evidently. She frowned at the noise, then sighed as a quiet knock echoed through the chamber. Reluctantly, Violet rose to her feet, strode to the door, and opened it just enough to receive a note written in a hurried hand on crumpled, rain-spattered paper. She perused its contents for several minutes, then glanced over at a silver haired man standing by the window.

"It says there's been a murder." There was no response, of course. Murders were not that unusual in a city full of sinners. "It says that the body was found ripped into a thousand pieces, and with enough force to leave large amounts of blood on the walls of both sides of the street." This time, the man turned to face her. He was smiling broadly, in stark contrast to Violet's blank face and emotionless glare.

"It wasn't me," said the man. "As you know, I've been here with you all night, and that poor soul was probably found less than an hour ago. Please, don't make that face at me. You know I can't stand to see you angry, dear Violet."

Violet merely humphed at him. "I know that, but can you really blame me for my suspicion, Jack the Ripper?" The man shrugged, wiggling his bladed gloves at her face. "Besides," Violet continued, "that's not what I'm angry about. It also says that Faust is going to call a citywide meeting, which, given the circumstances, we both have to attend or risk looking suspicious."

Jack pouted as Violet crisscrossed the room, only stopping her collection of rain-related apparel to listen to the sound of the eight consecutive bells. As the bells faded, she glared at him, whereupon he gave a dramatic sigh and grabbed an umbrella from the nearby stand. Together, the pair strode out into the dark, rain-soaked city streets, and all were careful to stay well out of their way.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Katalaysia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Katalaysia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:02 pm

"Rain," Pandora said flatly, looking up at the black sky, "Why is it raining?" She looked around, then realised that she might want to stand up if she didn't want her hair to get soaked. It would probably get soaked anyway, what with the rain and no place to go, but it was the thought that mattered. She stood up, looking through the inky blackness.

"Am I dead?" she asked herself quietly, "Or is this just what I dream when I'm in a coma?" She looked around, wondering where the place was. It was certainly no place that she had seen before.
Uses Nationstates Stats, except for population. Assume around 100,000-120,000 people.
Slight PMT. Uses forcefields and slightly more advanced robots, but otherwise MT.
Please inform me if I make any mistakes! I'm quite new to this, and don't really follow politics otherwise, so any help is appreciated!
Author of "Shh, Spoilers!" and "Plug In and Play"

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Purgatory

Shilo sighed, How can I get rid of her? he started to think to himself, I could get up and walk away. I could probably knock her out easily. I could call for the police. So many things.... Wait a second... His thought process was interrupted by a very specific thing she said. "You want to die all over again." Such a strange thing to say. He couldn't tell if it was a joke or what by her tone. But it did seem to match what one of those hooligans in the alley had said. So to say that Shilo's attention was caught would be an understatement.

"What do you mean by die again?" He said and looked at her, "That's the second time I've heard that. What do you mean?"

"I knew it," she said with a sigh. "You are new here. Well, I'll make it brief and to the point--you're dead. Welcome to Purgatory. Yes, I'm also dead. Everyone you'll meet here, as a matter of fact, is dead. But for some reason, you can still be killed--again. Nobody knows what's on the other side of that so I wouldn't go risking your life lightly. Oh, and by the way? Don't ever go outside the city limits. The people who do... well, they never come back."

She smiled wryly.

"I can't say that's never tempted me, but I'm one of the unlucky ones. Seeing as you didn't know you were dead, I'm going to assume that you got lucky. Congratulations," she continued, sounding slightly bitter. "Anyway, since I believe I've gone over the most important and less obvious things, any questions, O Lucky One? And I'm going to call you that until you tell me your name, just so you're aware."

Katalaysia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Katalaysia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Pandora decided that her best bet would be to start wandering randomly to see if there was anyone that would help her. She realised that she might accidentally run into someone that may kill her, but then rationalised to herself that she was already dead and what was the worst that would happen. So she chose a random direction and walked in it, trying to remember who she was.

"My name is Pandora Endersbay, I am 17 years old. I am from..." Her mind drew a blank. "My parents are..." Again, nothing. "Why can't I remember anything?" she wondered aloud, getting rather unnerved.
Uses Nationstates Stats, except for population. Assume around 100,000-120,000 people.
Slight PMT. Uses forcefields and slightly more advanced robots, but otherwise MT.
Please inform me if I make any mistakes! I'm quite new to this, and don't really follow politics otherwise, so any help is appreciated!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Shilo opened his eyes and started to laugh uncontrollably. It only ended when he coughed up some blood. He covered his mouth and took a moment to calm down, Maybe I do need some medical attention... he thought. He stood up and looked at Charlotte.

"You're funny." He stated, "We are all dead. That's funny. If it was true, I think I would be able to remember how I would have died. Though surprisingly it makes sense.... But come on, there is no way that I'm dead. You are just pulling my leg. Very funny." He smirked and pulled out a cigarette, he lit it and then started to smoke, "As for my name... I believe it's Shilo Weardhyll." He said with a puff of smoke.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Purgatory

Shilo opened his eyes and started to laugh uncontrollably. It only ended when he coughed up some blood. He covered his mouth and took a moment to calm down, Maybe I do need some medical attention... he thought. He stood up and looked at Charlotte.

"You're funny." He stated, "We are all dead. That's funny. If it was true, I think I would be able to remember how I would have died. Though surprisingly it makes sense.... But come on, there is no way that I'm dead. You are just pulling my leg. Very funny." He smirked and pulled out a cigarette, he lit it and then started to smoke, "As for my name... I believe it's Shilo Weardhyll." He said with a puff of smoke.

"Nice to meet you, Shilo. Now give me that," she continued, and stole the cigarette, dropping it to the ground and crushing it under her foot. "You are dead," she repeated. "But that doesn't mean you can't still get lung cancer. Now. As for why you can't remember, most people can't. That's why I said you're one of the lucky ones. I, on the other hand, remember exactly how I died."

Her eyes narrowed slightly, and the dark blue color was reminiscent of an ocean--deep beneath the surface, something dark and terrible was hiding. A monster that consumed all it could reach.

"It's not a joke, as much as I wish it were. Besides," she continued wryly, "your leg appears to be wounded as well. Why would I be pulling on it? Anyway, are you coming? Judging from the blood, you're in worse condition than I first thought."

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Arman Khachatryan

Arman Khachatryan wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve, the restaurant he worked in was at the moment busy. Very busy. This was probably aided by the fact that the torrential rain battered the windows facing the street like millions of gunshots and thus soaking everyone who was for some reason, still outside. The restaurant was popular anyway and the food it served was excellent but it still felt unusually full. Therefore the kitchen was being bombarded with order after order from new customers, luckily Arman and the other chefs understood and respected each other and so worked together in sync like a well oiled machine. That was fortunate, because had that not been the case then it would have been utter chaos at moments like this.

He added finishing perfection to one of the restaurants most advertised dishes before it was taking out by a waitress to be served. "Break time...at last,", Arman thought sighing and walking out of the way of the others. He was due a twenty minute break after such a demanding shift. Moving outside to the back of the restaurant under the shelter to smoke, he was very quickly made retreat indoors or risk being transformed into a sponge, solemnly blowing out a final cloud of smoke before closing the door and going back inside.

That rain was truly evil. It was definitely a better idea to go into the restaurant to make sure the door servers were handling everything smoothly. As it turns out, they were the flow of customers had halted (or rather slowed down) significantly. Thank god. "Is everything okay down here?", Arman asked one of them, while simultaneously staring at the water droplets streaming down the glass on the door. The young man whose name according to the tag on his uniform was Bruno, looked at him replying, "Couldn't be better actually, no ones turned up for ages!". His colleague, a woman called Anthea with shoulder length dark brown hair wasn't so cheerful about it. "Give it a while, sooner or later we'll be hit by another wave", she insisted. Either way, anybody who did arrive would have to go search for somewhere else. The dining room was full.

Just as he was preparing to head back into the kitchen so some other chef could take their break he heard it them. All eight of them. The bells, ringing loudly through the darkness, their otherwise clear sound muffled only very slightly by the thundery rain. Stopping in his tracks Arman turned around slowly to face Bruno and Anthea to share a grim look. This was serious. So much for not getting wet. "Alright then, what could possibly be going on that we get called out in this!?", he groaned nodding to the rain. "We better just go before it gets any worse", Anthea said sullenly proceeding to go and collect her coat, followed by the other two as the diners also had gotten up to leave for the town square.

The restaurant was very much central to the square so it didn't take that long to get there, on his way however Arman rather unceremoniously knocked into quite a few people, but that was hardly his fault there were a lot of people after all. Six apologies later he took one of the rare available spaces of the square before the podium where they would all soon find out just why there were here.
Last edited by Kwadai on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Katalaysia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Katalaysia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Pandora looked around, trying to tell where the bells were coming from. When she saw the people heading to one place she decided to follow them, hoping that in that direction lay answers for where exactly she was.

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 pm

'Hey, what're you doing here. This is a crime scene, can't ye' tell?!'

Those were the last words of a dead man. Or at least, the last words this dead man remembers saying before he was pumped full of lead. He remembered his death clearly, just not the small parts, the tiny missing pieces of the puzzle. Being a Detective, the Irony wasn't lost on him, not one bit. It had given him a purpose while he was down here atleast, solving difficult puzzles was his job and he hadn't been fired yet.

He was combing through files, 'Laenly, L', 'Harry, P' and 'Erwin, G' were just a few names out of the dozens of cases he was working on. Memories since his move to Purgatory had become a lucrative business, help people understand who they were and how they died before coming to Purgatory but that wasn't all. The Underworld wasn't all that different than the Living world, why he couldn't tell, but there was always someone asking to spy on another person, to dig up dirt or maybe just to scare a little and they would pay good money for it. All common themes from when he was in the Living World, he couldn't pin point how exactly he knew though. To be honest, Geoff liked the money, but more than money he wanted information. it was hard to come by in a place where people can't even remember their favorite color though. Every once in a while he'd get a break in the case only to figure out it was just a false alarm, back to the drawing board.

His Office, a small little building on a nameless street not far from the Cathedral that the everyday John and Mary Doe living here called "Town Hall" was a simple two room building. His bedroom, just up a fight of stairs and his Office just below. He was never too far from his workplace, if you asked Geoff he would say he was always working on a case, be it his own or someone else's, always thinking. In his Office was a Desk, littered with papers and documents that he now sat in front of. In the corner of the room was a filing cabinet and on the opposite of that a large potted plant. The door was just to Geoff's right, a simple dark wooden rectangle in a frame with a knob. It wasn't particularly high class, but it got the job done as far as interior design goes. He'd struck a deal with Amber Faust that allowed him to use the place for free as long as he did free investigation for the local Government. The Floozie drove a hard bargain but Geoff needed somewhere to live and work, it wasn't that bad of a deal.

Geoff was in a good place, for a dead guy, he knew more than what most people knew about themselves. He had a job he enjoyed, solving people's puzzles for them and getting paid for it. Still he had his problems, being that he couldn't find a good lead on his killer or any witnesses. It drove him to madness sometimes, wanting to just jump into the fire, but he knew that the frustration was with most everyone. He'd accepted his fate, but he could better, much better. His hands flicked through the files trying to find just the right one, he remembered that someone there was from his time and he too was in New Jersey at the same time he was. He'd found a lead, wether it was an actual break was to be seen. He sometimes overlooked these details.

His fingers stopped, "Franklin comma J, New Jersey, 1950's. Let's see what I forgot." He began to open the file but as his hand lifted it open a bell rung, a sound all too familiar. The investigation would have to wait for the time being.

He stood up from his desk and grabbed his jacket from behind him off the chair, it was more of a coat though. He walked towards the door grabbing the knob and as he did so grabbed his tailor made fedora off the coat rack next to him. It was painfully clichè, sure, but that's what the people here saw him as. He had to act the part. Opening the door he begun his walk. He hoped what was interrupting his investigation better be damn good as he grabbed his umbrella.

Immediately he entered another realm. Victorian style buildings flanked him on all sides and a dark black sky was ambushing him from above. A Carriage rolled past powered by Horse, immediately Geoff tried to break eye contact with the four legged thing by lowering his hat over his eyes as it clopped by, it was irrational but if he had a reason for his dislike of the things he didn't remember it.

The town in some ways reminded him of New Jersey; dark, damp and decrepit. Not at all resembling of what he knew of Minnesota itself. Yet he felt at home, mostly because he's been here for 62 Years, nearly more than half his entire life when he was alive. The Park however was another story, it seemed like the only peaceful and happier place in the town despite the shady surroundings of dirty alley ways and even dirtier characters. After all what would you expect from a place where souls with nowhere else to go, live? He was just glad he was trying to do some good in people's lives, despite doing it for such a greedy reason like money, the warm feeling was still there in what was left of his heart alright.

His walk was uneventful, though he stopped for a moment to observe people in an alley way, a woman helping out someone who appeared to be recovering from some kind of fight in an alley. He couldn't figure out what they were saying though, but based on the man's clear confusion on his face, he was new. Just more possible business for him. Continuing his walk he made it to the Town Hall, a large Cathedral sitting in the middle of the Town, from here he could see the large fire at the center that the Town surrounded like some kind of Donut he thought. Though based on what he had heard about the under ground of this Town, he didn't want to know what made up the Jelly within it.

Geoff opened the door and walked in, closing his umbrella, one could never be too sure when it would rain when there weren't any clouds. Geoff tipped his Hat to Amber as he entered, closing the door behind him, and walked to his seat in the far back of the room watching over the heads of other people.
Heyo.
The Collected Entries Of Me In A Nutshell
"Donner: A chill guy who has no chill" - Esgonia
"Everything is wrong. Everything" - URA

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Did she just? She did... Oh, she doesn't know who she's messing with. Ok calm down Shilo, you have plenty extra he thought to himself as she ground his poor, defenceless cigarette into the cold ground. He took a breath. Just like Lia... Wait... Lia... Would Lia have done something like that? Lia is my sister right?

He shook his head and looked at Charlotte and chuckled, "It's a figure of speech. It means your messing with me, not necessarily that you are pulling on my leg. I still don't believe you when you say that we are all dead. As for me coming with you..." He sat down with a taunting smirk, "Make me."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Purgatory

Did she just? She did... Oh, she doesn't know who she's messing with. Ok calm down Shilo, you have plenty extra he thought to himself as she ground his poor, defenceless cigarette into the cold ground. He took a breath. Just like Lia... Wait... Lia... Would Lia have done something like that? Lia is my sister right?

He shook his head and looked at Charlotte and chuckled, "It's a figure of speech. It means your messing with me, not necessarily that you are pulling on my leg. I still don't believe you when you say that we are all dead. As for me coming with you..." He sat down with a taunting smirk, "Make me."

"...Okay," she said slowly. "So you think I'm making a joke. You think I'm being funny. Well, let me ask you this!" she suddenly shouted, her eyes blazing. "Do you know how I died?! Do you?! Of course you don't, but I do. I told you I was one of the unlucky ones who remembered their deaths. Do you know what I remember? I remember being dragged into an alley, a hand covering my mouth so I couldn't scream. I remember being stabbed seventeen times--which, by the way, I have the scars from--and I remember having my throat slashed before the man who did it walked away and left me alone to die. And I don't even want to think about what he did to me before he killed me. Do you think that's a joke? Do you think that's funny? LOOK!" she shouted, and reached up to her collar, pulling it down enough to reveal what it had hidden before--a long scar crossing her neck from where a blade had dug into her flesh. "Do you still think I'm making it up? Do you still think it's just a funny prank? We are dead! Every! Single! Person! Here! Everyone you will see in this God-forsaken hellhole is dead! And if you don't do as I say, you're going to die again! And I will drag you away if I have to," she declared, before attempting to do just that.

Vubaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vubaria » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Purgatory Unnamed Alley

Suhaib Soliman landed another punch on the poor man. His steel fist hit with extreme force; knocking teeth out like a hammer. His victim was garbed in only civilian clothes, since there was no reason to wear armor as a civilian, nor even were you military to wear it an age of firearms. Yet, Suhaib couldn't take it off, he was eternally clad in the stuff due to factors he couldn't understand. He had tried everything, including cutting his own skin, but only injury to the point of causing death could remove any piece of the armor. It was like a skin, and made him stick out immediately in any crowd, especially since had had been there for centuries.

The poor man recoiled from the punch and rolled on the stone ground, the rain washing off the blood from his face.

"Please! I was fired! I-I can't pay Jim back for a while! I swear to God I'm not-"

Another hit took out a few more teeth, smattering blood on the armor, also quickly washing off in the rain.

"James doesn't care. You have two weeks, or I will be back and I won't be so nice."

The man, at this point, was too unconscious to reply with anything but a warbled grunt. With his business concluded, Soliman left the alleyway. As the rain pattered against his helmet, he looked at his bloody hands, sticking them up into the air to wash the armor off. He was once a soldier, in a time few here experienced. He fought for religion, he fought for the Maker, and his faith was rewarded with abandonment. Compared to most of the new arrivals, he struggled to acclimatize as time dragged on. So as the physical world changed, so did Purgatory; magical contraptions he couldn't understand were operated regularly by the new dead, and so without any other marketable skills, he was forced to become a thug for hire, something his armor made him excel at.

As he looked at his hand in the air, a blast of lightening and thunder momentarily blinded him; and he immediately heard bells afterward, signalling the assemblage of a town hall. With nothing better to do at night but waste away, he figured he could attend this meeting and see what it was about. Everyone recognized him because of his appearance, and few liked him because of his career, but his criminal collections at least let him eke out a pitiful existence free from police scrutiny.

As he walked to the hall, his chest began hurting again, the crossbow bolt in his chest sending waves of pain through his torso. Just as his armor remained with him, so did the bolt, communicating his cause of death to all. Like the armor, all attempts to remove it had failed; no tool would cut the wood, and no pulley could retract it from his chest. It remained, causing him agony every now and then for years, hurting his psychological state.

As he recovered, he resumed his walk to the hall as if nothing had happened.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory

Shilo could now tell that she wasn't joking, and was just waiting for her to stop yelling so he could speak. He hoped it would come soon, but then....

Shilo's blood ran cold. When she showed him the scar, and some things came back. He instantly reacted by kicking Charlotte away from him, and scurrying on the ground to distance himself. His hands went to his ears as he crouched there, looking at the ground.

"No... Please no... No..." He muttered, "Why.... Why... Why..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Purgatory

Shilo could now tell that she wasn't joking, and was just waiting for her to stop yelling so he could speak. He hoped it would come soon, but then....

Shilo's blood ran cold. When she showed him the scar, and some things came back. He instantly reacted by kicking Charlotte away from him, and scurrying on the ground to distance himself. His hands went to his ears as he crouched there, looking at the ground.

"No... Please no... No..." He muttered, "Why.... Why... Why..."

She fell backwards, her own blood chilling in her veins as she hit the cold ground, the air vanishing from her lungs. For a few moments she stayed there, gasping desperately for precious oxygen, feeling like her lungs had been crushed. For a few moments she looked up and thought she was somewhere else.

She almost cried out in fear, before remembering where and when she really was. Forcing herself to stand, she looked over and saw Shilo, her eyes widening in horror. Oh, no.

What have I done?

She ran over to him, and knelt next to him, being careful not to touch him--judging from her own experiences, she guessed that such a thing would be a very bad idea.

"Shilo?" she asked with concern. "Please, listen to me. I'm sorry--whatever I did that caused this, I'm sorry for it, all right? I hope you can hear me, wherever and whenever you think you are, it isn't real. It's a memory. It's a horrible memory, but that's all it is. It's over now. Nobody here is going to hurt you, I swear. I don't know exactly what you're experiencing, but I know enough to be able to say that you don't want to stay there. Not when you can come back to reality. So please... listen."

Galnius
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Galnius » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Sierra Pullman
Time here in Purgatory was a mess for Ms. Pullman, but she guessed it had been about three or four days. Three or four days which, if her episodes proved correct, she had been unconscious in the hospital. It was three or four days with nothing but dreary, bleak weather. However, today took the cake. The rain rushed down with the wind like an icy barrage of shrapnel, piercing her clothing and chilling her below her skin. Her hair lay damp, stuck to her face in a random, unsymmetrical pattern. The only thing that came with her, her ring, acted as a natural conductor siphoning all the heat from her finger.

Among all of this, Sierra lacked an umbrella, and thus was completely exposed to this frigid torment as she scurried from overhang to tree to whatever other shelter she could find. A large crowd seemed to be congregating around a building, an announcement being pre p aged to be made to the town. So this is what the bells meant... She thought to herself. She stayed distanced from the crowd, not only hoping to stand out but also because it seemed seriously morbid to be surrounded by a legion of the dead. Whether or not she stood out, of course, was of no consequence to her. As long as no one touched her she would probably welcome the body heat....if people had that here.
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

Hydraic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydraic Empire » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Aragon Rynewolf
Unnamed Alley

Aragon, clad in nondescript civilian clothing, stood before the man cowering before him. He could feel the man's blood slowly dripping off of his raised fist. Bending down, Aragon grabbed the man by the front of his shirt and hissed into his ear,
"If I ever, I repeat, ever find you anywheres near Mr. Wolfard's shop again, you will find out what happens wheb you die again. Is that clear?"
The man hurriedly shook his head, grimacing with pain as he did so. His floppy hair was congealed with his blood. "Yes, sir. Clear it is, indeed. Here is the goods I stole, sir."
Aragon grabbed the bag, then contemptuously (and effortlessly) threw the man out of the alley. Aragon then went and entered the shop through the side door, pausing on his way in to give the bag to the gracious shopowner. Aragon headed straight to the sink and washed the thief's blood off of his hands. This done, he grabbed his sword and turned to the shopowner.
"Mr. Wolfard, is that all that you still require of me? I fear i hear the bells ringing, and we must travel with haste to reach the square in time."
"Yes, indeed, Aragon, let us tarry not."
Class S3 (Querrian Index) | A 4.5 civilization, according to this index.

Exchange rate: N$7 = X4 | I don't use most NS stats | Proud member of The Anti Democracy League | GENERATION 13 Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

National News: Polls reopen, with the following results thus far: Hydraic Party 5 845 926 342 016 376 822 (97%) Communal Socialist Party 90 400 922 814 686 240 (1.5%) Populist Party 54 240 553 688 811 736 (.9%) Nationalist Party  30 133 640 938 228 748 (.5%) Other 6 026 728 187 645 692 (<.1%). | Official testing of a young psionic mage scheduled for this month. | Populist leader Fer'dik Sal'u caught with other women by his wife.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse