NATION

PASSWORD

Ghovatstani Congress to abolish two-child obligation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ghovatstan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Ghovatstani Congress to abolish two-child obligation

Postby Ghovatstan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 am

UNITED FREE CANTONS OF GHOVATSTAN
CABINET OF NEWS AND PROPAGANDA
and
CABINET OF LAW
PROCLAMATES

President Yamari Katsonkuly has proclamated the two-child obligation to be "nonsense, backwards and would contribute to overpopulation", and that limitation of non-married and childless people's rights means denying rights to people who have made a choice of living.

The law was applied in 1954 along with the guidelines of the Kyosikto Ideology, the state idea that promotes secularism and equal wealth and rights for all Ghovatstani People. The article, under the comma "Family planning laws" dictates:

"every married couple is obligated to bestow a minimum of two children, to contribute to Ghovatstan's growth and prosperity. Having a single child is prohibited: the interval of birth between the two children must be a maximum of 3 years. Multiple children reinforce the parents' responsibility to grow the future of Ghovatstan. Couples that wish to not bestow any child will be forcibly separated, regardless of affective bond between the couple. Children outside of marriage will be brought to "growing homes for neglected children", children neglected of a stable and righteous growth. follows: the details that can label a person to an "unfit parent", which is a lifelong prohibition of an individual to marry or bestow children.

President Katsonkuli has proposed a modification of the law, to permit more freedom to the people of choosing their own lives. Modifications include:
-Allowance of married couples to raise as many children they wish.
-Abrogating forced separation of childless couple
-Abrogating ostracization of single men
-Funding of sexual education programs and marital counseling offices
-Consent and marriage age to be lowered to 18 years (current is 25)

"I heard enough people complaining that they're obligated to go through the same ordeal twice. I myself suffered from it- when my wife bore her first child, she almost died. We protested that we couldn't have more, and we were fined. Our second child was born, and her life was ruined. Thousands of Ghovatstani will say no to this practice! Let's ban it once and for all! One child is enough, and if you want more, do it! Free all the husbands and wives that are already struggling raising a single offspring, and help them! I know I'm going against a 52-year old tradition that no one has ever defied, but the times have changed! SAY NO TO THE TWO-CHILD OBLIGATION!", these are Katsonkuli's words spoken in Kyosikyo Plaza at Tsakavali.

However, discontent of citizens faithful to the state ideology have protested, that the President is willingly ignoring the benefit of having two children instead of a single one. Clashes have taken place in plazas and streets between those who want to abrogate the law, and those who want to keep true to the law as the Kyosikto dictates it, and people of the Committee of Family Planning.

"We want to keep the ideology true," says Ragon Tsishiksisho, vice-chief of the Cabinet of Commerce, "we agree that people should be free of choosing their beliefs and jobs and be free to move how they wish, but I'm all against this barbarism that downgrades women to baby-spewing machines! If the president succeeds at this move, Ghovatstan will make a big step ahead into the future!"

The National Congress will now file the paperworks to discuss the law and start the abrogation process.
Last edited by Ghovatstan on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Our Embassy Program

GHO NEWS: The national organ of news and propaganda
PRESIDENT KATSONKULI TO ANNUL TWO-CHILD OBLIGATION Population is divided
SOCCER: LOKOMOTIVA TASHISH WINS JUNIOR CUP Beat Dynamo Kamish 15-2
NEW FLAG WILL BE DISPLAYED TOMORROW Cities are preparing parades to salute the new flag

Ghovatstan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghovatstan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm

After a long bureaucratic process, the National Congress has decided: Now couples can have as much children as they wish with no limitation.
Our Embassy Program

GHO NEWS: The national organ of news and propaganda
PRESIDENT KATSONKULI TO ANNUL TWO-CHILD OBLIGATION Population is divided
SOCCER: LOKOMOTIVA TASHISH WINS JUNIOR CUP Beat Dynamo Kamish 15-2
NEW FLAG WILL BE DISPLAYED TOMORROW Cities are preparing parades to salute the new flag

Return to Factbooks and National Information