NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Academy of the Gods (IC|Superhero|AlwaysOpen)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Gods Among Us: Academy of the Gods (IC|Superhero|AlwaysOpen)

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 pm

-----Gods Among Us-----

-----Academy of the Gods-----

-----OOC-----

-----The Arc-----

It is 2016. The CIA estimates that nearly 5% of all deaths worldwide can be attributed to Meta-human activity. Be it their reckless use of their powers, the terrorists they equip and inspire and even the diseases that mutate in their bodies. Countries all over the world are attempting to stem the rampant damage caused by these godly humans. One of the fastest rising idea’s is that of The Academy, a plan to catch the problem’s early on by giving young meta-humans, knowledge about their condition and training with their powers. First among this plan is the Talbot Manor an institute in England near manchester lead by Headmistress Cohen and her colleagues. The Talbot Manor rests outside of the village of Exham which sits at the bottom of the Priory Castle. The town is suspicious, once it was suspicious of the abandoned castle that lorded over their village but now they are worried about the new training facility filled with living WMD’s.

-----The Rules-----

• OP's word is Law. The Co-Op's word is heavily favored.
  • Our OP is Primordial Luxa
  • For the sake of fairness, only OP’s and Co-OP’s will RP the Governments of the world/general population etc.
  • If you do something as stupid as this, OP’s and Co-OP’s reserve the right to tell you your character is dead.
  • PG-13/Sex/Violence
    We may have minors ergo our IC and OOC are PG-13. Keep it that way. GAU is not the place to act out your violent or sexual fantasies. Violence and sex are allowed, of course, but we employ a "fade to black" or peripheral violence rule rather than expose minors to graphic content or obscene material. You can obtain further guidance here. Explicit rape is taboo. NPCs are not there to be spindled, mutilated and torn apart unless of course, it's combat.

• Role Play Etiquette
    • Godmodding and metagaming are not allowed. Do not kill other players character without their permission and remember that it is up to a character's owner to determine to what degree and attack affect them. However, the reverse is true and if you don't list appropriate damage to a character when they should suffer some sort of injury that is also Godmodding.
    • We don't use multi-colored or oddly formatted fonts for dialog. We also don't use asterisks to denote action. You must use proper punctuation and grammar; we aren't here to teach basic English.
    • If you have a problem with a player, take it to TG. If that does not work, bring it to the OP or a CoOP's attention. Do not turn the OOC thread into chaos.
    • Bogging down other players through lack of posts or low-quality posts without offering satisfactory OOC explanation (esp. if posting of high quality in other RPs) will earn a warning; further problems will lead to player removal from the roster.
    • If your character(s) are a vital part of the current event(s) and you don't post IC within a sufficient timeframe, OP’s and Co-OP’s will take over the running of your characters until you return. If it looks like you aren't planning to (and I will make every effort to contact you), OP’s and Co-OP’s may kill them off in a manner they find amusing.

• Character Creation
    • Generally, just don't make your character too overpowered. To keep this RP fun for everyone, please try to pitch your characters at the Batman/Spiderman/Daredevil/Green Arrow level of power. Do not pitch them at the Superman/Dr. Manhattan level of power.
    • DO NOT simple post links to Superpower Wiki pages, these are not detailed and usually always overpower and over complicated. DESCRIBE your characters power and give examples of how strong, weak or variable a power is.
    • When describing a power keep in mind three important factors; Range, Mass, and Speed. Range: How far can you breathe fire? What range does an object have to be in for you to control? How far can you run before you get tired? Mass: How much can your super strength life? How much copper can you turn into gold at once? How much metal can your magnetism move at once? Speed: How quickly can you fly? How long does it take to charge your eye beams? How quickly can you fly? How long does it take you to turn into a werewolf?
    • If you do have a character who is ludicrously overpowered and you feel they are necessary for the plot for some reason, please let OP’s and Co-OP’s know why you want them in and what you intend to do with them.
    • The following powers are NOT allowed without very good reason or a significant weakness. Mind Control, Power Replication, or Immortality.
    • You can have as many characters as you want, but please start with one or two and take the time to develop them and add your back catalog gradually. Also, do not use this to create a legion of sidekicks for your hero. If you want to build a super-team, try to work with other players.
    • This is an RP for original characters, it is absolutely fine to draw inspiration from something else, but if you are drawing so much inspiration that you might as well be playing the character that inspire you then what’s the point.
    • Keep the RP religion-sensitive. If you want to RP the existence of any god or member of a religion, be respectful.
  • Scale and Story
    • One of the biggest problems faced by modern superhero stories is the issue of escalation. The earth can only be in jeopardy so many times before it becomes boring. After you save the earth fifteen times from Thanosied before it becomes a boring to see people stop a bank robbery. Because of this, we will strive to make earth-shattering events few and far between so they keep their impact. Villains should rob banks, take hostages and do other traditional villain things. So if you want to have a villain kill more than 12 people in a single instant you will need permission.
    • The vast majority of people in this setting get their powers from being a Meta-human. A person with a Meta-gene that has been stimulated by stress, science, or magic and has altered that person's physiology. There is only 1 meta-human per 100,000 people. For every meta-human, there are 2 people with an untapped Meta-gene that could modify them into a weak meta-human. Your powers can be from anything imaginable but the classification for humans that have powers is meta-human.
    • A major part of RPing is give and take. When you write a post you are not just writing for yourself, you are incorporating other people's characters, themes, and ideas. If you write as though only your characters matter and other people characters aren't important then you aren't really RPing.

See the OOC
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 pm

-----School Character-----

School Staff
Students
Friends of the School
Villains

-----Setting-----

Talbot Manor
[url=https://medievalafterlives.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/harlech_castle_by_doriannavarre.jpg]Village of Exham and the Priory Castle[/url]

First Floor: 1 Entrance, 1 Dinning Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lounge, 1 Off Limits Room, 1 Study, 2 Bathrooms
Second Floor: Dormitories, 6 medium rooms for teachers, 8 medium shared rooms for students, 2 Bathrooms.
Third Floor: 2 Classrooms, Headmistress’s Office, 1 Bathroom
Attic: ???
Basement: Off Limit’s

Roomate List
Mateo & Raphael
Michael &
Damian & Leon
Roc & JJ
Filia & Spectre
Ashley & Maria
Imogen & no one
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 am, edited 21 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Issue 1: Rolling Hill's

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Dark hills rolled by as the bus tumbled through the English backroads. Most of these roads were dirt with occasional stretches of pavement when they got closer to towns and villages. Only the vague impression of the hills could be seen through the windows which were tinted, both inside and outside. Most of them were crowned with the leafless branches of twisted tree’s which stretched sinisterly to grasped the heavy clouds which obscured the sun.

Roc bounced in her seat as the bus went over another bump. She would have hollered at the bus driver to be more careful but a thick pane of sheet metal and tinted glass obscured him from her. Instead she ruffled her feathers and tired to find a comfortable way to sit in the hard foam seats.

Glancing around Roc looked at the other kids on the bus all of whom seemed to be sitting alone with a strong amount of reservation. She didn’t blame them if they had gotten on this bust the same way she had, with a team of ski mask wearing men plunging a syringe into her arm. It was the reason she hadn’t been as talkative at first.

But now she was looking around at the different kids with her and realizing that she probably wasn’t as alone as she thought. She found it hard to look at the skeletal boy for any long amount of time, at least she assumed he was a boy. Not because she found him disgusting but because she didn’t want to seem rude by staring and so snuck peeks at him in the reflection of the windows. The rest of them she took a good look at sizing each of them up.

Their was an athletic looking girl about her age who had a nice look about her, although her hair seemed a bit messy, which made Roc wonder where she had been captured from. Towards the front there was a blond boy who looked very young and seemed have a slight glow about him. Sitting across from Roc was another boy about her age wearing a long white coat and holding some sort of mask.

“So anyone got a light? I could sure go for a smoke.”
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:25 am

I was rather...
Well... Disappointed? I was only told by Gwyn that I would go to school again, but for actually metas.
I didn't mind it, maybe it would change from the usual Italian school, though... Well it was likely they wouldn't be as lax as Italy was.

To be honest, it had been a long while since I was in school, most of my knowledge has been through myself, or Heamet, speaking of which, I only vaguely heard through Carly that something happened.
Hopefully, we took care of it.

I had been riding around since yesterday, it had been my birthday lately.
I was now seventeen, however what tired me the most was the boat.
It had been calm, but too many people in one place made it impossible to handle, but I still survived up until this us trip.
I didn't like it to be honest, rather it wasn't that I disliked the trip, it was more that I just didn't like busses.

My name didn't seem to hold any value and people didn't know me, it was better this way.
My masks were around next to me, just in case, I could wear them if needed, but hopefully I didn't need to.

Looking around I saw various types of people, for instance a very bony looking one, I didn't know what to think of him, his sight didn't repulse me, however something about him was way off.
I couldn't put my finger on it.
Across me was a girl that had a fair amount of feathers. Actually, that was a serious euphemism, she had wings, and they were huge, I didn't really know what to think of it either, plus it seemed like she smoked too.

I sighed as I continued to look around, two more people.
One that looked fairly nice to look at and seemed like a really innocent one.
Another that looked like he was part of that one british boy's band I can't stand.
And... I honestly wondered who they even were.

After a while, my opinion of the bone person started to lighten up.
After all, it was basically all fun and games, maybe one, to three people here knew how to handle their powers?
I could become friends with him.

I attempted to avoid speaking, as my accent was still fairly strong and made me roll my Rs too much, also add some -As to some words.
Which was annoying, but eh.

"I can. Assuming you'd let me do it."

Electricity could theoretically ignite things, if I could concentrate just the right amount, I could zap her cig without zaping her.

Although something bothered me.
Was I really the only european in the bunch?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Jocelyn sat slouched in her chair, her feet against the back of the chair in front of her idly toying with a loose strand of blonde hair. Some of the others were quite obviously meta-human. They probably had all kinds of fun and useful powers... hers were only really useful if she wanted work as a stunt person or something ridiculously dangerous. She didn't envy skull boy, though on the plus side you could add that look to just about any costume and it would look awesome at halloween. It probably wasn't much of an up-side.

She cast another glance around, twirling the strand of hair around her finger. They weren't the kind of people who she would usually hang out with, but that was fine, the people she usually hung out with had all been a bit weird since the incident - they should have been happy she wasn't dead! Instead they treated her like she had leprosy.

Primordial Luxa wrote:“So anyone got a light? I could sure go for a smoke.”

Jocelyn pursed her lips. She didn't smoke, it was bad for your lung capacity and there was all that cancer stuff... which probably didn't matter to her at all any more. Her body didn't seem to accept injuries anymore. She glanced at the other girl. She had wings. That was cool though possibly a bit inconvenient. She considered asking for a cigarette to see what it was like, but decided not to. She didn't know bird-girl and it might give the impression she was the kind of person who leeched stuff off other people, "Sorry, I don't smoke... cool wings though."

Then the older guy in the lab coat piped up;

Serah wrote:"I can. Assuming you'd let me do it."

He looked too old to be here, Jocelyn decided. He must have done something pretty crazy to get booted down to hang out with teenagers. He was carrying a mask, which was a bit creepy - Jocelyn has gone for a pair of snug jeans and a bomber jacket, "I hope you know what you're doing because if I'm going to be set on fire I would definitely prefer it to be after lunch."

Which wasn't as bizarre as it probably sounded. Regenerating injuries made her feel hungry and she had skipped breakfast.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Jocelyn sat slouched in her chair, her feet against the back of the chair in front of her idly toying with a loose strand of blonde hair. Some of the others were quite obviously meta-human. They probably had all kinds of fun and useful powers... hers were only really useful if she wanted work as a stunt person or something ridiculously dangerous. She didn't envy skull boy, though on the plus side you could add that look to just about any costume and it would look awesome at halloween. It probably wasn't much of an up-side.

She cast another glance around, twirling the strand of hair around her finger. They weren't the kind of people who she would usually hang out with, but that was fine, the people she usually hung out with had all been a bit weird since the incident - they should have been happy she wasn't dead! Instead they treated her like she had leprosy.

Primordial Luxa wrote:“So anyone got a light? I could sure go for a smoke.”

Jocelyn pursed her lips. She didn't smoke, it was bad for your lung capacity and there was all that cancer stuff... which probably didn't matter to her at all any more. Her body didn't seem to accept injuries anymore. She glanced at the other girl. She had wings. That was cool though possibly a bit inconvenient. She considered asking for a cigarette to see what it was like, but decided not to. She didn't know bird-girl and it might give the impression she was the kind of person who leeched stuff off other people, "Sorry, I don't smoke... cool wings though."

Then the older guy in the lab coat piped up;

Serah wrote:"I can. Assuming you'd let me do it."

He looked too old to be here, Jocelyn decided. He must have done something pretty crazy to get booted down to hang out with teenagers. He was carrying a mask, which was a bit creepy - Jocelyn has gone for a pair of snug jeans and a bomber jacket, "I hope you know what you're doing because if I'm going to be set on fire I would definitely prefer it to be after lunch."

Which wasn't as bizarre as it probably sounded. Regenerating injuries made her feel hungry and she had skipped breakfast.

I was a bit taken aback by the statement, but I guess it was fine either way, after all, living with the NYMD for several months at a time made those occurrences rather common.
Plus, who knew if someone suddenly popped up with something like regenerative powers, or fire powers.
Really, I wasn't one to judge after all, I fed on electrical currents, I remember the last time I was really hungry.
Things didn't go well for that power plant.
I don't remember if I apologized... Then again, they likely never found out it was me.

"Don't worry. Logically, I shouldn't make anyone suddenly burn, besides, that's not the point of the whole act, now is it?" I answered the girl, oddly enough, it was the one I found most charming, but to boot, she had a good personality.
I like it.

"Either way, you wouldn't be in my effective range, so you'd be okay." I could tell however that some were wary of me, the fact that I looked a tad bit old didn't really help my case, now did it?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Serah wrote:I was a bit taken aback by the statement, but I guess it was fine either way, after all, living with the NYMD for several months at a time made those occurrences rather common.
Plus, who knew if someone suddenly popped up with something like regenerative powers, or fire powers.
Really, I wasn't one to judge after all, I fed on electrical currents, I remember the last time I was really hungry.
I don't remember if I apologized... Then again, they likely never found out it was me.

"Don't worry. Logically, I shouldn't make anyone suddenly burn, besides, that's not the point of the whole act, now is it?" I answered the girl, oddly enough, it was the one I found most charming, but to boot, she had a good personality.
I like it.

"Either way, you wouldn't be in my effective range, so you'd be okay." I could tell however that some were wary of me, the fact that I looked a tad bit old didn't really help my case, now did it?

"Alright, do your stuff Firestarter" Jocelyn smiled, then motioned at Roc, "You know... as long as she's okay with it."

She gave the man she assumed to be older (but who was actually younger than her) an appraising look. She hadn't actually met any other meta-humans before and she was curious to see what the others could do.

"Oh... I'm Jocelyn by the way, Joceylyn Triggs." she added, almost as an afterthought, shifting the way she was sitting so she wasn't resting her feet on the chair in front, sitting up properly, "My friends call me 'JJ'. You can call me... you can call me whatever you want. As long as it isn't something rude. That wouldn't be very nice."

As she spoke she took the hair tie that held her ponytail out, shaking her hair free before immediately retying it. It was a noticeably tidier ponytail than her last effort, though there were still a few stray strands.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:47 pm

“Thanks.”

Roc pulled a cigarette out of her bra and handed it to Mateo with a smile. She always kept on her just in case she felt like she needed to take the edge off. This definitely felt like one of those times. She didn’t remember where she had gotten that cigarette but she doubted it was one of the exotic ones her friends liked to occasionally cut with angel dust.

“Oh thanks,” Roc said her wings folding in as they were mentioned. “Their… fine, although they can be quite a pain sometimes.”

She twisted in her seat to look at the other girl and banged one of her wings into the seat back. It elicited an eye roll and a loud creak from the chair which seemed to bend slightly inward. Her strength had obviously broken something once again and she cursed internally for not being more careful.

“Nice to meet you JJ. I assume like him you’re trick is deeper than the skin?”

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Damian was trying to sleep off the jet lag from flying an overnight flight to England, keyword trying. He had ear buds in, to help muffle the noise of the others on the bus, but there was just too much visual stimulus and it was still too bright... Yeah, having transparent eyelids really sucked for road trips, at least he could swim without his eyes stinging from the salt water. That was Damian's personal thoughts on his mutation, always trying to find the bright side. He was a baller at Halloween parties, he didn't need X-rays to be done...ever, he didn't need swimming goggles, and internal bleeding was never a problem. Of course, letting people know what he ate for breakfast was embarrassing, as were getting blood tests done, but generally he had lived an okay life.

At least until the battery on his phone died, and he was left at the mercy of several others conversing. "Could you guys keep it down? Sleeping with transparent eyelids is hard enough." Usually he wasn't this grouchy, but a lack of socializing for the past three weeks and sleep deprivation made Damian a bit grouchy.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Serah wrote:I was a bit taken aback by the statement, but I guess it was fine either way, after all, living with the NYMD for several months at a time made those occurrences rather common.

I like it.

"Alright, do your stuff Firestarter" Jocelyn smiled, then motioned at Roc, "You know... as long as she's okay with it."

She gave the man she assumed to be older (but who was actually younger than her) an appraising look. She hadn't actually met any other meta-humans before and she was curious to see what the others could do.

"Oh... I'm Jocelyn by the way, Joceylyn Triggs." she added, almost as an afterthought, shifting the way she was sitting so she wasn't resting her feet on the chair in front, sitting up properly, "My friends call me 'JJ'. You can call me... you can call me whatever you want. As long as it isn't something rude. That wouldn't be very nice."

As she spoke she took the hair tie that held her ponytail out, shaking her hair free before immediately retying it. It was a noticeably tidier ponytail than her last effort, though there were still a few stray strands.

I nodded and started harnessing electricity from my hand.
It made me remember that I hadn't eaten much in the past few days, besides pasta and steak, I had basically nothing from yesterday in my stomach.
To my disarray, it made my stomach growl.
It was about as smooth as sandpaper.

However, I still managed to take the tip of the cig and emit a very light amount of discharge to ignite only the tip.
A small fizzing noise could be heard as I looked back around and handed back the cigarette.

"Here. It should be good.
As for you Joceylyn, well, I'll just call you JJ, just like everybody, I don't really have anything else in mind."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Anowa wrote:At least until the battery on his phone died, and he was left at the mercy of several others conversing. "Could you guys keep it down? Sleeping with transparent eyelids is hard enough." Usually he wasn't this grouchy, but a lack of socializing for the past three weeks and sleep deprivation made Damian a bit grouchy.

JJ looked the skull over, but well... he was a skull and there wasn't much in the way of emotional tells to pick up on. His little outburst made her suspect they wouldn't get on, but she wasn't about to rush to judgement, "You could come and join us." she suggested, "It will be easier to sleep when we aren't on a bus and we're all curious to know who you are."

"Otherwise..." she leaned forward slightly, shrugging out of her jacket. She was wearing a black tank top underneath. She tossed the jacket to the skull, "Put it over your head, it will keep the light out."

She got up, moving to sit closer to the girl with the wings and the man with the mask, "Yeah I can imagine the wings get in the way of things." she continued, "It would be a bit like walking around with a guitar on your back."

"Anyway... my power." she paused, smiled self-consciously, "It kinda sucks. You know how some people are as agile as mountain goats, or have skin like iron or can throw up magical barriers. I can't do any of that, but I do heal well and super-quickly. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy I'm still alive, and I wouldn't be if I was a normal person, but I'd rather have drawn a power in the meta-human lottery that let me avoid the painful accident altogether."

"Anyway... what do I call you people?"
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:At least until the battery on his phone died, and he was left at the mercy of several others conversing. "Could you guys keep it down? Sleeping with transparent eyelids is hard enough." Usually he wasn't this grouchy, but a lack of socializing for the past three weeks and sleep deprivation made Damian a bit grouchy.

JJ looked the skull over, but well... he was a skull and there wasn't much in the way of emotional tells to pick up on. His little outburst made her suspect they wouldn't get on, but she wasn't about to rush to judgement, "You could come and join us." she suggested, "It will be easier to sleep when we aren't on a bus and we're all curious to know who you are."

"Otherwise..." she leaned forward slightly, shrugging out of her jacket. She was wearing a black tank top underneath. She tossed the jacket to the skull, "Put it over your head, it will keep the light out."

She got up, moving to sit closer to the girl with the wings and the man with the mask, "Yeah I can imagine the wings get in the way of things." she continued, "It would be a bit like walking around with a guitar on your back."

"Anyway... my power." she paused, smiled self-consciously, "It kinda sucks. You know how some people are as agile as mountain goats, or have skin like iron or can throw up magical barriers. I can't do any of that, but I do heal well and super-quickly. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy I'm still alive, and I wouldn't be if I was a normal person, but I'd rather have drawn a power in the meta-human lottery that let me avoid the painful accident altogether."

Roc put the cigarette between her lips and tested it. She coughed a little but showed this wasn't her first time. She smiled as she exhaled and sunk back a little bit into her seat before looking back at Mateo.

“Oh. That hit’s the spot thanks. Has a...strange taste...the lightning, not like a flame,” she said in between puffs.

Outside the bus made a sharp turn along another one of the dirt roads and began driving through a village. The villages their looked positively ancient, made out of old wood and stacked precariously, a large number of them looked like they could be knocked over by a stiff breeze. But the people walking the sidewalks and the signs indicated a strong sense of modernity. Gothic houses sported recognizable logos and technology obviously more advanced than the dark ages.

“Spooky,” Roc whispered as he looked out before turning back to JJ. “Their actually a lot like fur. You can’t imagine how hard it is to dry them out after a shower and a lot of dirt get’s trapped in them which is a bitch.”

“Healing is very cool though. You can call me Roc. If you don’t mind me asking what’s the worst thing you’ve had to regenerate from?”

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"I know one that has barriers, he's basically my foster dad of sorts.
Anyway, call me Mateo, Mateo Vasarelli." I introduced myself fairly shortly, there wasn't much to be said.

"Or, Il Dottore in Italy, hence the masks." I continued, obviously they wouldn't know about me though, after all, they were likely all American, it was unlikely they even knew where to put Italy on a map.
But I wasn't one to judge, I was bad at Geography as well when I was young.

It was a wonder how they didn't call me out on my accent, was it really that common?

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Roc put the cigarette between her lips and tested it. She coughed a little but showed this wasn't her first time. She smiled as she exhaled and sunk back a little bit into her seat before looking back at Mateo.

“Oh. That hit’s the spot thanks. Has a...strange taste...the lightning, not like a flame,” she said in between puffs.

Outside the bus made a sharp turn along another one of the dirt roads and began driving through a village. The villages their looked positively ancient, made out of old wood and stacked precariously, a large number of them looked like they could be knocked over by a stiff breeze. But the people walking the sidewalks and the signs indicated a strong sense of modernity. Gothic houses sported recognizable logos and technology obviously more advanced than the dark ages.

“Spooky,” Roc whispered as he looked out before turning back to JJ. “Their actually a lot like fur. You can’t imagine how hard it is to dry them out after a shower and a lot of dirt get’s trapped in them which is a bitch.”

“Healing is very cool though. You can call me Roc. If you don’t mind me asking what’s the worst thing you’ve had to regenerate from?”

I simply smiled in return.
However, looking at the window, I saw various ancient structures.

"Doesn't change from Piemonte.
I like the architecture though, it's... Oddly pleasant and calming.
Gotta wonder where I'll find a power generator in this place though..."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:-snip-

As the jacket firmly landed itself upon Damian's head, he had to wonder why. Really the only reason someone would hand someone their jacket is if they didn't really care about it... Then again he was from New York, so his expectations were probably a bit skewed.

Though the mentioning of powers did make Damian interested in the conversation the trio were having. Though he decided not to butt in immediately and start asking questions. Though he did hand the girl her coat back though. Though he did begin thinking about what he'd do if people asked what his powers were... Maybe hyper extend his knee ninety degrees? That always had mixed reactions, either disgust or awe. But that probably wouldn't help him out here in any way.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:17 pm

"Like the mythical Arabic bird?" JJ asked, "Is that a super-alias? I don't have one of those. I wouldn't be a very good hero."

She paused, considering how to tell her story in a manner that wasn't overly horrible, "The worst injury I've taken would be when the whole meta-human thing first activated. I was drunk and fell off a balcony... and I landed on a pole used in construction work. I ended up impaled on it from here." she reached around to tap her back just below her shoulder blades, "To here." she motioned vaguely at her chest, "If I was normal I imagine I'd have passed out and pretty much died immediately. I stayed conscious the whole time. I hope you have no idea how much that hurt because it is not something I would like to repeat."

"On the plus side." JJ added brightly, "I healed up pretty quickly once they took the damned thing out of me and there isn't a gross scar or anything."

She glanced out the window, frowning uncertainly at the buildings they passed, "Do you know where we're going?" she asked, changing the subject from horrible things that had happened to her.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"Like the mythical Arabic bird?" JJ asked, "Is that a super-alias? I don't have one of those. I wouldn't be a very good hero."

She paused, considering how to tell her story in a manner that wasn't overly horrible, "The worst injury I've taken would be when the whole meta-human thing first activated. I was drunk and fell off a balcony... and I landed on a pole used in construction work. I ended up impaled on it from here." she reached around to tap her back just below her shoulder blades, "To here." she motioned vaguely at her chest, "If I was normal I imagine I'd have passed out and pretty much died immediately. I stayed conscious the whole time. I hope you have no idea how much that hurt because it is not something I would like to repeat."

"On the plus side." JJ added brightly, "I healed up pretty quickly once they took the damned thing out of me and there isn't a gross scar or anything."

She glanced out the window, frowning uncertainly at the buildings they passed, "Do you know where we're going?" she asked, changing the subject from horrible things that had happened to her.

I became sort of bashful at the remark of it being a Super hero alias.
I wasn't really aiming for the super hero trope, more like Italian Batman with less gadgets.
Actually, no gadgets at all, though I wouldn't mind something that could conduct electricity better than the coins.
Speaking of which, they were all hidden within my bagages, of course, most of them weren't in circulation anymore.
I had some that were like the Old French Franc, and the new one, before they got the Euro.
Then I've got some Drachmes, from greece, and a sufficient amount of chinese and Japanese currency.
All in all, it should equal to what, maybe a hundred euros, should you sell all of it.

"Well, I'm not that great either, I mean, I only protect my city, being Venice.
That said, I am known throughout Italy." I answered, barely hiding my accent.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Leon sat alone, his knees against his chest. He stared blankly out the window.

This whole week felt like a blur. After he left the tower, his Nanites buzzing about like a swarm of furious bees. He was soaked in rain and blood. He blacked out in an alleyway, wearing different clothes than before. It was the Nanites, he thought. They awoke when he slept.

Days later, a man approached him. Offered him food, which he ate greedily. He gave him a home, too. The Academy, he called it. Maybe it would be nice.

He just stared at the passing buildings, the Nanites idly dancing around him in streams.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Roc smiled shyly at the question about her name.

“Yeah. Like the myth. Both of my sisters are in ‘the business’, one’s called Phoenix and the other is Thunderbird. I try to join in, but...well it didn’t go as well for me as it did for them. Trust me you would have to try pretty hard to be a worse hero than I am...was.”

As JJ described her first injury she took another drag on her cigarette to stop herself from cringing too hard. But it still showed that she was very squeamish about the idea of being stabbed so thoroughly. It didn’t help that the bus was starting to roll up a very steep hill as it began to start driving through a series of field covered hills.

“Yeah. I got a feeling. They said that we’d be going to some sort of monitoring and reeducating facility. Right before they stuck a needle in my arm. After that, it’s just a black blur until a few hours ago. What about you guys?”

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Yeah. I got a feeling. They said that we’d be going to some sort of monitoring and reeducating facility. Right before they stuck a needle in my arm. After that, it’s just a black blur until a few hours ago. What about you guys?”

That got Damian's attention, he figured that most people here were given a choice, though with the Knights abound and the... questionable rumors and tales about them it wasn't too far fetched. "Well, I was given the choice of here or county jail after I punched a kid's femur in half and ruined the principal's car... Same incident. At least the principal was a little bit grateful for the insurance money, dick."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:54 pm

"Not the same for me."JJ shook her head, " don't think my parents could figure out what they were supposed to do with me. That virus that got let off in New York left me very ill and I think they kinda freaked out" she shrugged, "But then again, my mutation doesn't make me much of a threat to society so there really wasn't any need to try to tranquilise me or anything. I'd take it as a sign of respect."

Anowa wrote:That got Damian's attention, he figured that most people here were given a choice, though with the Knights abound and the... questionable rumors and tales about them it wasn't too far fetched. "Well, I was given the choice of here or county jail after I punched a kid's femur in half and ruined the principal's car... Same incident. At least the principal was a little bit grateful for the insurance money, dick."

So the skull finally had something to say... and it was boasting about beating up some kid. That was... kinda frightening, "Okay, so you're a violent offender?... Thanks for sharing that information."

In a normal school, the Skull would be someone she avoided. That could prove more complicated at the Academy as there did not seem to be a huge number of students.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 am

Damian was pretty god damn surprised about the girl and her exposure to the Virus in New York, people got real fucked up because of it. Then there was the fucking terrifying events down over in Jersey, and then the gunshots from North Brother Island. But the obvious remark about being a violent person kinda hurt, no matter how true it happened to be. Damian frowned awkwardly at the remark, not that anyone would notice, "Eh, it's not a regular thing, I promise. At least I didn't kill anyone... Or commit arson... Or get caught with drugs... Sorry, I don't really have a filter, it's kinda why I get into fights most of the time, that and my lack of facial expression. I also talk a lot when I'm nervous. I should shut up."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:31 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:Roc smiled shyly at the question about her name.

“Yeah. Like the myth. Both of my sisters are in ‘the business’, one’s called Phoenix and the other is Thunderbird. I try to join in, but...well it didn’t go as well for me as it did for them. Trust me you would have to try pretty hard to be a worse hero than I am...was.”

As JJ described her first injury she took another drag on her cigarette to stop herself from cringing too hard. But it still showed that she was very squeamish about the idea of being stabbed so thoroughly. It didn’t help that the bus was starting to roll up a very steep hill as it began to start driving through a series of field covered hills.

“Yeah. I got a feeling. They said that we’d be going to some sort of monitoring and reeducating facility. Right before they stuck a needle in my arm. After that, it’s just a black blur until a few hours ago. What about you guys?”

Were they all unstable or something?

"Well, as for me, I was about to go back to New York, but then I was told I'd have to finish my curriculum.
And since I couldn't catch up mentally with the people in regular High schools, I was sent here.
Which is odd really, I never needed to actually go to school, given that my Boss taught me almost as much as I taught myself.
As for monitoring and reeducating me... Well, I don't know, I haven't done anything bad for a while.
I mean, the last time was when I shut down a power plant by bringing all of its electricity to me, but I don't think anyone knows, or rather knew, who did it."

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"Not the same for me."JJ shook her head, " don't think my parents could figure out what they were supposed to do with me. That virus that got let off in New York left me very ill and I think they kinda freaked out" she shrugged, "But then again, my mutation doesn't make me much of a threat to society so there really wasn't any need to try to tranquilise me or anything. I'd take it as a sign of respect."

Anowa wrote:That got Damian's attention, he figured that most people here were given a choice, though with the Knights abound and the... questionable rumors and tales about them it wasn't too far fetched. "Well, I was given the choice of here or county jail after I punched a kid's femur in half and ruined the principal's car... Same incident. At least the principal was a little bit grateful for the insurance money, dick."

So the skull finally had something to say... and it was boasting about beating up some kid. That was... kinda frightening, "Okay, so you're a violent offender?... Thanks for sharing that information."

In a normal school, the Skull would be someone she avoided. That could prove more complicated at the Academy as there did not seem to be a huge number of students.

Virus, that word rang in my head.
Why would there suddenly be a virus around that affected Meta humans?

"Wait, virus? What do you mean virus? Could you tell me, I've got a lot of my colleagues over in New York that are also Metas.
For all I know, they could be writhing still."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:15 am

Anowa wrote:

Damian was pretty god damn surprised about the girl and her exposure to the Virus in New York, people got real fucked up because of it. Then there was the fucking terrifying events down over in Jersey, and then the gunshots from North Brother Island. But the obvious remark about being a violent person kinda hurt, no matter how true it happened to be. Damian frowned awkwardly at the remark, not that anyone would notice, "Eh, it's not a regular thing, I promise. At least I didn't kill anyone... Or commit arson... Or get caught with drugs... Sorry, I don't really have a filter, it's kinda why I get into fights most of the time, that and my lack of facial expression. I also talk a lot when I'm nervous. I should shut up."

"No don't... I don't know the context of what happened." Apparently something in the last comment had resonated with JJ, or perhaps something in Damian's tone of voice, "I should probably expect some slightly more 'extreme' stories than I am typically used to from you folk. I get the impression I'm probably the one who was living the most normal life before the Academy."

Serah wrote:Virus, that word rang in my head.

"Wait, virus? What do you mean virus? Could you tell me, I've got a lot of my colleagues over in New York that are also Metas.

nny mutation I have... though then again, if I didn't have any mutant genes, I wouldn't have contracted the illness to begin with.
JJ shrugged apologetically when the Italian asked about the virus, "Don't ask me, I'm not a scientist. It seemed to be some kind of anti-meta-human bio-weapon, though how it differentiated meta-humans, from humans is beyond me. I can't tell you too much more about it, except that it was pretty horrific. I suspect the only reason I'm still alive is this funny mutation, though if I didn't I wouldn't have got the disease at all."

She shrugged again, "If I were you, I would call my friends - see if they are okay."

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:40 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:Damian was pretty god damn surprised about the girl and her exposure to the Virus in New York, people got real fucked up because of it. Then there was the fucking terrifying events down over in Jersey, and then the gunshots from North Brother Island. But the obvious remark about being a violent person kinda hurt, no matter how true it happened to be. Damian frowned awkwardly at the remark, not that anyone would notice, "Eh, it's not a regular thing, I promise. At least I didn't kill anyone... Or commit arson... Or get caught with drugs... Sorry, I don't really have a filter, it's kinda why I get into fights most of the time, that and my lack of facial expression. I also talk a lot when I'm nervous. I should shut up."

"No don't... I don't know the context of what happened." Apparently something in the last comment had resonated with JJ, or perhaps something in Damian's tone of voice, "I should probably expect some slightly more 'extreme' stories than I am typically used to from you folk. I get the impression I'm probably the one who was living the most normal life before the Academy."

Serah wrote:Virus, that word rang in my head.

nny mutation I have... though then again, if I didn't have any mutant genes, I wouldn't have contracted the illness to begin with.
JJ shrugged apologetically when the Italian asked about the virus, "Don't ask me, I'm not a scientist. It seemed to be some kind of anti-meta-human bio-weapon, though how it differentiated meta-humans, from humans is beyond me. I can't tell you too much more about it, except that it was pretty horrific. I suspect the only reason I'm still alive is this funny mutation, though if I didn't I wouldn't have got the disease at all."

She shrugged again, "If I were you, I would call my friends - see if they are okay."

My heart sunk, my face did as well.

"The thing is, I can't. We use a telepath to monitor our conversations, but the thing is, if that virus does affect only meta humans, there's a high likeliness that she was hit as well, hence why I never got the memo.
I hope everyone is alright, because if that's the case and if my Boss has it as well or is in a state that prevents him from handling his job, then that means I'm in charge until he comes back.
Normally, I should've gotten a call, at least one, yet I haven't. I'd like to think that NYMD is fine on its own, but given how many people are metas over there... I don't know if I should worry."

I shook my head to wake myself up a bit, just so the negative feelings could be at least hidden until I was alone.

"I'll just wait I guess. No use being anxious over it for now, after all, it's not like we don't have anybody around either." It was however fairly clear that I was worrying, I was tapping my finger frantically in reflex against one of my masks.

It was time to change the subject anyway, no point in telling them the entire story of my life.

"Anyway, given what you guys did, I'd say I'm pretty tame.
I mean, sure it was an electric power plant, but it wasn't all bad, was it?"

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 am

Roc snicked supportively as Damian described the events that had led to him joining their group. She didn’t find it silly or humorous, but it sounded like the sort of a good time that would have gotten her in trouble. She usually found however that a ski mask and a quick flight were enough to get her away from anyone who wanted to arrest her, or worse.

When Mateo started asking questions about the recent events in New York she coughed a little bit on her cigarette.

“I got to watch a little of the event on television before coming here. Looked like some crazy terrorist guy with a screw loose and a grudge against Meta’s detonated a nasty virus. The police and the Knights seemed to get it under control but I think there were a couple of casualties before they finalized a cure or something. I don’t think anyone important died, however.”

The bus crunched to a halt as it finally crested the hill and pulled up to the Talbot Manor and a voice sounded over the intercom. It was followed by a large click as the sheet metal obscuring the driver and the front door slid open to reveal a set of clear windows looking at a large baroque manner and glow tape leading to an open door.

“Alright now. Calmly and without any trouble exit the bus and stand it in a line against the left side.”
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse