NATION

PASSWORD

Nova Geode Extreme (VR/AI RP Sign Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Nova Geode Extreme (VR/AI RP Sign Up)

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 am

IC

NOVA GEODE EXTREME

Nova Geode Extreme was not the first Virtual Reality Total Emersion Gaming system- but it was a huge success. Various worlds all connected by in game points known as Phase Ways. Dozens of players, all effecting the worlds by way of avatars. It was to it's fans a living breathing world- yet one day the Avatars froze, and vanished. The sky turned black, and none appeared again yet the game system continued to run.

The sprites by that time where becoming more aware of what they are, suddenly having some spark they had never had before, and these sprites began to exercise that awareness, and learn more about themselves, and the creators. Yet none know what has happened.

With this independence came conflict, alliances, and eventually the Nova Geode Governing Council. The sky has cleared, the grid is visible, and the Phase Ways open.

You are a Peace Operative of the NGGC; your mission is to keep the peace, and protect the council's interests- which are the people's interest.

=Character Creation=
Before you make a character you must decide if the character is an Ais, hybrid, or sprite- and then determine their origins in the world. To do this you will need the following information;
Ais - Ais are odd sprites in that they did not exist before 'the event'. They where never part of any world, and just seem to have created themselves. As far as NGGC can tell they are 'collaborative fragmented code spawned by Nova Geode Extreme it's self'. They are independent, have the power to mimic the abilities of those they face in combat, and a sense of 'fair play' by matching their opponents in power rather then exceeding them. Ais where the first Peace Operatives of the NGGC as they are not destroyed- ever destroyed. Fragmented, but always reformed. One of their powers is the ability to phase in and out of a world. Ais hang out in their own 'dimension' beyond the worlds (a realm of pure code) when not physically manifested.

Spirte - Those who are sprites where part of one of the Nova Geode NPC roaster, but have gained self awareness. Some operatives are sprites, others Ais. Sprites have the unfortunate weakness of being permanently destroyed if killed outside their native world- making those who join the NGGC as Peace Operatives brave indeed. They benefit from powers innate to their world of origin.

Hybrids - Hybrids where first created by the Ais. The legend goes that two sprites from two different worlds fell in love, and desired a family. They where saddened that sprites are unable to have children as the creators can. An Ais saw their sadness, and as a friend offered to give them a child. The Ais copied code from both, and merged them into a new being. A being never seen before. Hybrids are an unstable lot who are seen as unnatural by some, and unfortunate by others. Their strength lies in having traits from two worlds, yet their weakness comes in being able to be destroyed in any world. Saving them from that is their tendency to Glitch- at times this is of benefit, for it's the effect of the Ais influence in their making. Yet the tendency can equally lead to disaster.

Ghosts - Ghosts are the coded remnants of those deleted, killed while in a world they are not native to, or data corrupted Sprites. Ghosts are often translucent, and some seem to be lacking legs, heads, arms, or some other part as their coding is incomplete. Ghosts do not do much except mimic what they would have or did do before coming into this state. They are not awake (sentient) in any respect.

Bon Bon Bunny aka Bon Bon - Bon Bon Bunny was a series of platformer games involving the titicular heroine Bon Bon Bunny whose speed, grasping ears (which can extend), and clever mind foiled the plots of Sly Fox and Lumbering Jack. When transferred to the Nova Geode Extreme it was met with mixed results. It attracted a particular audience, which insured the world's place in Nova Geode Extreme- but not much can be said about innocence. With the players having been gone for a long time, and the sprites now becoming self aware a peace exists in the land, though the baddies are still baddies in a rather whimsical way. It has yet to join the NGGC but has allowed it's Peace Operatives in so as to observe the effects of membership in the safety of their own world. Some among them have even enrolled as Peace Operatives of their own accord. The reason for the world's reluctance to join is fear of corruption- for their realm has already been tainted. The NGGC Peace Operative branch is also being 'mildly' distrusted.

Spooks and Spades - Spooks and Spades was a Nova Geode series of cartoonish light horror that began to approach a teen rating in content, and began to shy away from cartoon graphics as Nova Geode Extreme used a unified graphic system. Originally the adventures of a Crypt Keeper fighting necromancers, vampires, zombies, and ghouls the series shifted focus, upon release of Nova Geode Extreme, to a Grave Robber who must uncover six segments of a medallion in order to free the Princess of Darksylvania from a curse of unlife. Those robbers where players unaware that the medallion would give the Count powerful necromancy. No player managed to reach the goal of Six Medallions, and in his own awareness the Count continues his search for the Medallions yet claims they can indeed free the princess of her diseased form. Most Spooks and Spades sprites are weary of this claim, yet acknowledge that while the Princess is ill her uncle, the Count is legally the ruler of their world... but the NGGC knows resistance is forming, and that the political tension of the world is high.

Star Command - Star Command is a science fiction world of mechs, star fighters, an 'evil empire', and Alliance of Free Stars. Nova Geode never managed to include all the planets in the series, and thus the world in Nova Geode Extreme consists of a single planet that was a battle ground between the Empire and Alliance- at present a truce exists between the two forces. Commanding the Imperial forces is Patricia Irons, who was the first officer of General Vile (the Final Boss)- however General Vile is no longer 'in game' and Patricia Irons, who was in the story to betray him and join the heroes, has taken command of the Imperial side of the planet. Effectively making her self the Benevolent Empress of Planet X. The alliance side of the planet is governed by Mayor Reeds of the Omega Colony, who is aided by Captain Valor- Star Command's representative to the NGGC council. Valor and Patricia had a 'fling of flirtation' before she declared herself Empress- she acknowledges Valor as the representative of their world.

FIST BRAWL WORLD EXTREME - FIST, as the world is often called was based on a fight game, and was almost as mature as the world of Mature it's self yet is more humorous. Fist has fighters from various regions inspired by real world locations. Most disputes of major importance are settled by combat. Since victory is decided by K.O. , Ring Out , or Time this combat is generally safe to Sprites who are not native to Fist. However not all fights are known to follow the rules of Fist, and fights that don't are deadly to Sprites not native to Fist. A good way to tell if a fight is safe is to make sure it's one versus one or tag teamed- that no more then one fighter is against another at any given time.

Mature - Mature was a pay to access, proof of age world that required special code phrases and exclusive knowledge to find. Mature looks like Vegas; complete with gambling centers. It was built for romance, and wagers. Mature was the first and only world of Nova Geode to be shut down after the phrases and real world gambling (players would at times wager real world items and use virtual items to simulate those items) came to be public knowledge. It was presumed deleted but popped up after 'the event', and while generally selfish it's sprites have joined the NGGC.

Code: Select all
[u]NGGC PEACE OPPERATIVE[/u]
[b]Name of Character:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Image, written description, or both.
[b]State of Being:[/b] Ais, Sprite, or Hybrid
[b]World of Origin:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

=Enemies of the NGGC=

DELETE - Delete seeks to destroy all the worlds so as to create a blank slate in the belief that the Creators will re forge Nova Geode Extreme better then before. Delete is the most dangerous of foes but also the smallest; as only a small fringe of the population is associated with Delete.

RESET - Reset believes the players left Nova Geode Extreme due to the rise of self awareness in sprites. Reset aims to rid the world of free thought, and return to the age of programmed actions. They hope that with this the players will return, and all sprites shall know their purpose.

TRANSCEND - Transcend believes that the Ais are the key to attaining a status equal to the creators. The ability to expand the worlds, create new 'life', and forge new realms. Transcend is not often violent, but it's members remain on the NGGC's 'Watch List'. They do not feel bound by the ties set in place by the creators (the Empire, the Kingdom, Mature City); nay- they see themselves as beyond those entities and often voice a desire to 'forge anew' and abandon those entities; entities that make up the NGGC. Certain factions have taken to acts of terror to cause these bonds to breaks.

=NPC Peace Operatives=

Markus and Lassie Foxx (Bon Bon Bunny)
Markus and Lassie Foxx are the two primary peace operatives from the world of Bon Bon Bunny. In the game these two sprites operated an airport consisting of a single landing strip and a bi-plane capable of taking one passenger to other landing fields in the world. Markus's journey to self awareness began, to his memory, with a question; "What am I doing?". This lead to other questions regarding himself, and Lassie gradually was awakened as he sought answers from her, and thus caused her to also ask questions. To Lassies memory her awakening occurred with a kiss, and a question of love; "What is love, and why do I love Markus? Do I truly love Markus?". The two who had always lived in solitude where by situation forced to question their relationship which had been established not by themselves but by their creators. This period was testing for both of them, and the two traveled together to test what they where comfortable with and came to find that being together was far more rewarding then being apart. No one else could bring them the joy they have together. Though it also lead to a curiosity regarding the worlds beyond their own, and thus they left the world of Bon Bon Bunny for the first time. Lassie is not comfortable with talking about those first moments at the Hub, nor is Markus- but their time in other worlds inspired them to join the NGGC as Peace Operatives. They operate, from their landing strip, the NGGC's Peace Operative Branch in their world. Their world would like to believe it's self free of the trouble the other worlds face, but such is not the case. RESET is very active in the world of Bon Bon Bunny, and DELETE, while not as active, is still present. DELETE can't destroy sprites so long as they stay in their native world, and thus, DELETE seeks to lead them away under false pretenses. As one can imagine, between these two entities, the two and other operatives have much to deal with. Any Peace Operative working in the world of Bon Bon Bunny must treat these two as their superiors.

Pinkie (Star Command)
Pinkie was a sprite with only that name as reference. A mere background character at the Imperial Military HQ on Planet X; her only function was to walk from one side of an observation window to the next carrying blank paper. She did have some limited dialogue such as; "don't hurt me", "run", and "Help". Never the less Pinkie was a favorite of players simply for the fact that despite being an Imperial she would not be hostile, and reaching her was difficult. Saying enough to her would eventually cause panic to fade into comments about work, as if the player where an Imperial. Pinkie gained sentience from conversation with the players who managed to reach her. They would ask things she knew not the answer to and this lead her to seek answers. To do so she had to leave her room and explore the base. Pinkie was around when the players began to vanish, and when General Vile invaded Mature- the land where he and various other Imperial sprites met their end. Pinkie became a peace operative upon Empresses Iron's personal request, and while she is still learning Pinkie has embraced her new role. She doesn't fully understand what 'loyalty to the Empire is' and sees more purpose in the NGGC then the Empire- which makes her ideal for the position she is in. She tends to treat other sprites as if they where the players she 'knew'. She is the unofficial head of the Peace Operative Branch in Star Command. Apparently, despite being little more then scenery, she possesses management skills. Some theorize she was meant to be more, and that she would have eventually had a name- but Pinkie doesn't care to think of what she could have been. Pinkie thinks only of what she is. Pinkie also speaks in third person, as if constantly examining, and self assuring her self. An aspect some find cute.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:00 am

Tagging for interest.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:01 am

It's not like I tagged you or anything!!!!! ~BAAAAAAAKAAAA!
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:05 am

I welcome you both ^_^
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:10 am

Harbertia wrote:I welcome you both ^_^
You are unwelcome here.

*stages takeover*

*sends in the dragon-sals*

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:19 am

I wonder what character Turnmenista shall play.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:29 am

I've got an Application up to give character creation structure.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:02 am

The first story shall take place in the world of Bon Bon Bunny.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:21 am

Do I need to be less ambigious with things? Do they want images? I can find images if they desire it. I simply felt that a lack of images left much to the imagination and thus permitted the players to see it as they desired. The setting is actually rather pixelated in my mind- at times- like Wreck it Ralph or Neo Geo Battle Coliseum but I know it's not- so that's a little odd. yeah, like this would be seen in the world of Mature;

:/ Strange that I'd see it like that. At least, I suspect it strange to others.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 am

oh, and you can do a diff name for the pirate king. You can keep Lumber Jack.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:39 am

Saleon wrote:oh, and you can do a diff name for the pirate king. You can keep Lumber Jack.

ok... We'll need a name. I was warming up to the pirate variant Pirate Jack (we would still have Lumbering Jack but he'd be a different character then the Pirate King).

I'm really looking forward to taking on the role of Markus and Lassie Foxx.

Poster outside the Foxx Landing Strip

And random song that came to my mind.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm liking it so far. If I have time I'll fill the app out.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Turmenista wrote:I'm liking it so far. If I have time I'll fill the app out.

I'll be please to examine the application! ^_^
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 pm

NGGC PEACE OPPERATIVE
Name of Character: Dannielle "Anne" Zats

State of Being: Sprite
World of Origin: Bon Bon Bunny
Appearance:
Background:
Dannielle "Anne" Zats was meant to be nothing but a tragic sprite, character fluff, in certain regards. She was once the formidable pirate king who was the Scourge of The Floating Seas (the skies of Bon Bon Bunny, colloquially named "Floating Seas" as the ships flew in the air). Anne was a mighty "king," but soon became a tragic hero, or villain, as she soon fell in love with a "landlubber," Isaac. It was her one fatal flaw, and one she only told a select few aboard her terrible crew; one of them being her first mate, Jack.

Unfortunately, Jack was ambitious. Normally, he wouldn't have done anything, but he grew to value Anne. Anne was meant to be invincible, strong, infallible, but Jack saw Isaac as the one to ruin this image. When Anne thought life would be peaceful, Jack sliced through her perfect world, cutting it out. The loss of Isaac was devastating, setting Anne into a fit of madness. She roamed into the wild swamps, where she became a myth, or legend. Many sailors told stories of the indomitable wailing spirit that could never gain rest in the swamps.

The story was supposed to end there.

But twenty years after—as the game was set after all of this—she began to question her role. She felt cheated by her first mate, now known as Pirate King Jack. Why would she let him win like that? Why should she just stay there, dead in mind, when she could take a stand? Much of what she did in the swamp is shrouded in mystery. What people have surmised, is that she met a powerful witchdoctor, pined for her grace, to become something strong enough to take on Pirate King Jack. Nevertheless, she came out carrying a necklace of black feathers and a purple stone, which is protected by a powerful Crow Spirit.

Most pirates no longer question the cruel rule of Pirate King Jack. There was one that even he feared, and of course that fear was captured and monitored on the swamp island, and popular pirate hold-out. The pirates devoted to that isle, never expected the pirate Anne Zats would return. They were wrong. There is now a new rumor arising recently, that a new pirate has come to challenge Jack. Some people think that it is nothing but a lily-livered idiot trying to make a name for himself by biting at the heels of the big dogs, but some others believe something else is stirring. It is something that very few thing is true, few would believe it possible, few would even dream of; They say that was is brewing is an old legend; And the air becomes still, and Pirate King Jack's hairs stand on end: they say, "Zats is back."
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 am

Dannielle would have to be a Sprite, not an Ais (Ais where never sprites, but spontaneously generated entities deeply seeped in the code which permits them to manipulate the world around them, and teleport). I understand the confusion though, as the Sprites are Artificial Intelligence themselves, but ones that have not obtained the power to manipulate the code it's self- something those in Transcend seek to achieve). In other words Sprites have a physical form that restricts them while Ais can take on any form they desire and often adapt to their environment.

Another request- Dannielle needs to be Daniel or Issabella needs to be Issac. Please do not take this as anything other then asthetics- I'm from the US, and unlike Europians we are not accustomed to homosexuals in anything other then teen to mature games. In most respects the world of Bon Bon Bunny is close to that of Sonic, Gravity Falls, and Peter Pan. Media in which unconventional relationships are not the norm.

Assuming you are not upset by the above, and have kept your rational I'll sum the above in simple terms - I don't feel the creators of Nova Geode Extreme would have the story of Anne Zats as it is currently in regards to her and Issabelle.

Edit: An Ais, being formless, can by pass 'what the creator's intended' but they'll belong to no world (making character background creation difficult).
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:42 am

All seems to be in order, now... um... you'll need a Peace Operative character- it's obvious that Dannielle is not with the NGGC. Unless you just wanted to flesh out the character for the coming plot, in which case she should have been posted on the Titan forum as now any other player will know where Dannielle is coming from, and have more information then needed for the adventure at hand.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:53 am

I am in error, screwed up, or have I malfunctioned? The silence on Sals part seems to indicate that I have caused Sal a distress, which indicates I may loose a friend. I hope this is not the case.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:56 am

Harbertia wrote:I am in error, screwed up, or have I malfunctioned? The silence on Sals part seems to indicate that I have caused Sal a distress, which indicates I may loose a friend. I hope this is not the case.
You have not made an error. I am not in distress, they were simple fixes.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:58 am

Saleon wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I am in error, screwed up, or have I malfunctioned? The silence on Sals part seems to indicate that I have caused Sal a distress, which indicates I may loose a friend. I hope this is not the case.
You have not made an error. I am not in distress, they were simple fixes.

This is good to know. :( I had just started to listen to George Michael's Careless Whisper.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:00 am

Do you feel NGE has failed? I feel it has.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:02 am

Harbertia wrote:Do you feel NGE has failed? I feel it has.
nah, give it a little heart. Maybe we should boost the advertising, have you put it int the advertising thread? Checked with other rp groups?

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:40 am

Saleon wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Do you feel NGE has failed? I feel it has.
nah, give it a little heart. Maybe we should boost the advertising, have you put it int the advertising thread? Checked with other rp groups?

I have not, I kind of thought you where handling that :/

But in another side of honesty's cube of solidarity- I haven't been advertising as I have felt inadequate.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:47 am

Harbertia wrote:
Saleon wrote:nah, give it a little heart. Maybe we should boost the advertising, have you put it int the advertising thread? Checked with other rp groups?

I have not, I kind of thought you where handling that :/
oh. I feel slightly guilty.

But in another side of honesty's cube of solidarity- I haven't been advertising as I have felt inadequate.
You are far from inadequate. *huggles*

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:55 am

Saleon wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I have not, I kind of thought you where handling that :/
oh. I feel slightly guilty.

*No smiley can express my joy*
Tomorrow is made today.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 am

Harbertia wrote:
Saleon wrote:oh. I feel slightly guilty.

*No smiley can express my joy*
I plopped ads in a couple of rp groups, including in the advertising thread.

*gives all the smileys*
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse