NATION

PASSWORD

Warhammer 40,000~Blaze Of Purity (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Warhammer 40,000~Blaze Of Purity (OOC/Signups)

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:53 pm

=================================================================
IC~ viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382480&p=29206868#p29206868

BRIEFING

CURRENT TIME-1100 HOURS
LOCATION-ORBIT OF HYLOSE

Approximately fifteen hours ago, a distress call was received from the outer rim Terran world of Hylose, a heavily populated world under Imperial control, dominated by a heavy orbital and planetary mining industry and guarded over by five battalions of Imperial Guard and a legion of Marines from The Sons of Medusa Chapter commanded by Captain Videlan.
The distress signal was sent by Governor Judan Delk, planetary governor of Hylose.
Delk claimed that the planet had been infested by a an entire legion of Word Bearer Chaos Marines, some of which he claimed to bear the colors and symbols of the Emperor's Children and the Iron Warriors.
He stated they had been summoned by a group of heretic Tech Priests and a platoon of traitorous Imperial Guard, and that they intended to summon forth a powerful Chaos Daemon trapped within the bowels of Hylose.
By now half of the planet at least is tainted with Chaos.
We must destroy the traitor legion and find and punish the heretics.
For the Emperor!
We are the Blood Ravens!

PLOT, SETTING, AND VICTORY CONDITIONS
This Mini-RP is set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe on the fictional planet of Hylose, a densely forested Terran planet divided between a dominating metal mining industry with a flourishing agricultural side as well.
It's citizens are hard nosed and wary and the Imperial Guard and Space Marines assigned to this planet are well trained, equipped, and seasoned.
Last night after midnight a group of Tech Priests along with a platoon of traitor Guard summoned forth a legion of Word Bearer Chaos Marines, amongst their ranks are the infamous Iron Warriors and Children Of The Emperor.
Half of the planet is already tainted with Chaos and the Chaos forces are slaughtering the Imperials and the Citizens of Hylose without mercy.
Hoping to convert Hylose to a Chaos World and to release an ancient Daemon imprisoned deep within it's core for centuries now.
You have several different character options that you may choose from.
Choose wisely.
Below are also the victory conditions for each side.

ABOUT HYLOSE
[spoiler]
Hylose is a small sized planet about half the size of Earth.
It has a large amount of metals and crystals buried deep within it's soils as well as encrusted within the mountains.
It has lush forests and clean rivers and great lakes.
The Imperium has a large amount total of one hundred mining facilities scattered over the world.
It's inhabitants who aren't miners are primarily farmers and fishermen.
Though it has no large cities and metropolis' it's covered with hundreds of towns and large villages.It has a grand total population of forty million people.

Imperial Victory
-The Chaos Legion is destroyed.
-The Traitor priests and their followers must all die.
-The Daemon cannot be freed.

Chaos Victory
-The Daemon is summoned.
-The entire planet is consumed by Chaos.

Note-All conditions must be met for either side to win.[/spoiler]

CHARACTER CLASSES
•Blood Raven Space Marine-
•Son Of Medusa Space Marine- https://postimg.org/image/863ezuzsh/
•Imperial Guard- https://postimg.org/image/maz2k2c0x/
•Traitor Imperial Guard
•Chaos Marine-
•Planetary Militia

RULES.
•No god modding.
•No meta gaming.
•No flaming, raging, or trolling.
•No strong language in the IC, only mild.
•NO ONE LINERS(Major pet-peeve.),at least two paragraphs per post.
•Maximum of two characters per player.
•No killing each other without permission.
•If your character does you can create another but
you may only have two active at once.
•Let's have fun! :)

APPLICATION
Character Name:
Class:
Weapon(s):(Max of three at once.)
Other Equipment:
Appearance:(Picture or very detailed description.)
Short Bio:
RP Sample:(Optional though preferred.)

Do Not Remove:Die scum!
Last edited by The Mystery Bard on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

ROSTER
Neadar-Lera Meley
Ameriganastan-Furinax Elegy
The Mystery Bard-Captain Hollux Victus
The Enclave Regions-Lieutenant Jeremiah Ianaurius
Spindle-Rhynacus Moritus
Pacific Brotherhood of Steel-Ulrach Santar
-Timarius Aldern
Higher Brandenburg-Aleric Williams
Last edited by The Mystery Bard on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:51 am, edited 8 times in total.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Bump

Neadar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neadar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Might I also suggest adding a "Short Bio:" section to the application.

Character Name: Lera Meley
Class: Planetary Militia Drafty
Weapon(s): M-35 M-Galaxy Lasrifle, Bayonet, 2x Frag Grenades
Other Equipment: Flak armor, Guard- issued Medical Supplies, 9-70 Entrenching tool, Canteen, sleeping bag, 3x lasgun charge packs
Appearance: Lera is 5’6, thin with long straight black hair and blue eyes. Her skin is very white but not pale from living most of her life on a farm.
RP Sample:(I am putting my Bio here for now) Lera was born into a small farming family on Hylose. She spent most of her early life in school and when she was 14 began working with her parents in the farms. When the traitors descended upon the planet the loyalist forces found themselves out gunned. She was involuntarily drafted into the Planetary Militia. She was handed her kit and given a 15-minute talk on how to use her lasrifle and throw a grenade that she could not hear very well. Then she and the rest of the company were sent off to reinforce the front lines, for the emperor.
Last edited by Neadar on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:16 am

Neadar wrote:Might I also suggest adding a "Short Bio:" section to the application.

Character Name: Lera Meley
Class: Planetary Militia Drafty
Weapon(s): M-35 M-Galaxy Lasrifle, Bayonet, 2x Frag Grenades
Other Equipment: Flak armor, Guard- issued Medical Supplies, 9-70 Entrenching tool, Canteen, sleeping bag, 3x lasgun charge packs
Appearance: Lera is 5’6, thin with long straight black hair and blue eyes. Her skin is very white but not pale from living most of her life on a farm.
RP Sample:(I am putting my Bio here for now) Lera was born into a small farming family on Hylose. She spent most of her early life in school and when she was 14 began working with her parents in the farms. When the traitors descended upon the planet the loyalist forces found themselves out gunned. She was involuntarily drafted into the Planetary Militia. She was handed her kit and given a 15-minute talk on how to use her lasrifle and throw a grenade that she could not hear very well. Then she and the rest of the company were sent off to reinforce the front lines, for the emperor.

Hmmm good point and understood.
Your accepted and I've edited the application.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:34 am

My Application...WIP

Character Name-Captain Hollux Victus
Gender-Male
Age-560
Class-Blood Raven Space Marine
Weapons-Chain Sword, Bolt Pistol, Hand Flamer
Other Equipment-None

Appearance- https://postimg.org/image/ic52sx33r/2e46d489/

Short Bio-WIP

RP Sample-This. :D

Do Not Remove-Die Scum!
Last edited by The Mystery Bard on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:26 am

Nearly finished with my own application.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Bump

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Are Blood Ravens and Sons Of Medusa the only Loyalist Marine options, or can their be one from another chapter?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Are Blood Ravens and Sons Of Medusa the only Loyalist Marine options, or can their be one from another chapter?

What about Ultramarines?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Are Blood Ravens and Sons Of Medusa the only Loyalist Marine options, or can their be one from another chapter?

What about Ultramarines?

Ew, Ultramarines. I think I'll just go Chaos Marine.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Mystery Bard wrote:
What about Ultramarines?

Ew, Ultramarines. I think I'll just go Chaos Marine.

Alright nice,awaiting your app.

Neadar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neadar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 am

A quick question, what degree of role play will we be doing? Do you want us just to use of characters and you will take care of the NPCs, or can we right about the NPCs as well especially with in our own units? Will you tell us where we are deploying to or will we be creative with it? Would it be alright to write about engagements if we send it to you first for your approval?

I do apologize for all of the questions, I am just really excited about this RP and am already working on my opening post. I just want to make sure everything is going in the way you want the narrative to go.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 am

Character Name: Furinax Elegy
Class: Chaos Marine
Weapon(s): 'The Torturers Shriek'. A custom Sonic Blaster designed to lob the screams of the tortured and maimed in a deadly blast of sound.
Chainsword
Other Equipment: Considers his lobotomized victims equipment, and has them follow him into battle, blasting hideous sounds from the Dirge Casters surgically implanted in their torsos.
Sonic device implanted in his helm, drowning his mind with ear-bleedingly loud music and noise.
Appearance: Wears the typical garish armor of a Noise Marine, painted in eye-watering shades of pink, black and purple. Never seen without his helmet, which some believe has become so fused to his flesh, he couldn't remove it even if he wanted to.
Short Bio: The allure of Chaos came easy to the servant of Slaanesh now known as Furinax Elegy. What little is known of his Loyalist days, is that he was a rank and file soldier in service of the Blood Angels before his corruption. Furinax himself likes to tell conflicting stories of how he founds the true path. He sometimes says he found a Chaos artifact after purging a greenskin infestation on a Hive World. He sometimes says he was abducted in mid battle, and shown the true ways of Chaos. Whatever the case, he now exemplifies the twisted and hedonistic nature of the Prince of Pleasures Astartes. And he would like nothing more than to show his former Blood Angel comrades the true beauty of his song.
RP Sample: Yo and yo
Do Not Remove:Die scum!.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am

Neadar wrote:A quick question, what degree of role play will we be doing? Do you want us just to use of characters and you will take care of the NPCs, or can we right about the NPCs as well especially with in our own units? Will you tell us where we are deploying to or will we be creative with it? Would it be alright to write about engagements if we send it to you first for your approval?

I do apologize for all of the questions, I am just really excited about this RP and am already working on my opening post. I just want to make sure everything is going in the way you want the narrative to go.

Both actually.
You will be given orders and also will stumble upon enemies while traversing the planet.
I will place a "seal" on each post involving NPC's that you run across.

{}-This seal means you can decide the outcome and control the confrontation.Just don't be blatantly god modish with it of course.

{}-This seal means that the formentioned NPC's will be controlled by myself.

Also yes I will control all "boss" NPC's such as officers, the Traitor priests and Space Marines.
And yes feel free to engage the enemy on your own.Just remember no god modding.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Character Name: Furinax Elegy
Class: Chaos Marine
Weapon(s): 'The Torturers Shriek'. A custom Sonic Blaster designed to lob the screams of the tortured and maimed in a deadly blast of sound.
Chainsword
Other Equipment: Considers his lobotomized victims equipment, and has them follow him into battle, blasting hideous sounds from the Dirge Casters surgically implanted in their torsos.
Sonic device implanted in his helm, drowning his mind with ear-bleedingly loud music and noise.
Appearance: Wears the typical garish armor of a Noise Marine, painted in eye-watering shades of pink, black and purple. Never seen without his helmet, which some believe has become so fused to his flesh, he couldn't remove it even if he wanted to.
Short Bio: The allure of Chaos came easy to the servant of Slaanesh now known as Furinax Elegy. What little is known of his Loyalist days, is that he was a rank and file soldier in service of the Blood Angels before his corruption. Furinax himself likes to tell conflicting stories of how he founds the true path. He sometimes says he found a Chaos artifact after purging a greenskin infestation on a Hive World. He sometimes says he was abducted in mid battle, and shown the true ways of Chaos. Whatever the case, he now exemplifies the twisted and hedonistic nature of the Prince of Pleasures Astartes. And he would like nothing more than to show his former Blood Angel comrades the true beauty of his song.
RP Sample: Yo and [url=
Do Not Remove:Die scum!http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=246028&start=900]yo[/url].

Accepted, good app.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:16 am

Quick question: are Obliterators and the like allowed or are we 'regular' Marines? Insofar as you get regular supersoldiers.
Last edited by Spindle on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:22 am

Spindle wrote:Quick question: are Obliterators and the like allowed or are we 'regular' Marines? Insofar as you get regular supersoldiers.

They will be in this RP yes but you cannot RP as one.
Their NPC's.
Standard Chaos Marines only my friend.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:
Spindle wrote:Quick question: are Obliterators and the like allowed or are we 'regular' Marines? Insofar as you get regular supersoldiers.

Their NPC's.

Aaand there goes my Iron Legions Obliterator. Would have been awkward fitting that in three weapons max, though.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:28 am

Spindle wrote:
The Mystery Bard wrote:
Their NPC's.

Aaand there goes my Iron Legions Obliterator. Would have been awkward fitting that in three weapons max, though.

You could create two characters though if you want.
One could be the obliterater.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:30 am

Now that I actually think about it that would be a good character indeed.
My apologies,app away.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:Now that I actually think about it that would be a good character indeed.
My apologies,app away.

Yay! One overpowered as fuck totally balanced character coming up!

The Enclave Regions
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave Regions » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 am

Note: I am a new and casual fan to the Warhammer 40k universe and my knowledge is limited, but I do not think this will impede my ability to roleplay effectively so long as any questions I might have will be answered. I'll do my best to keep myself informed and check on the Lexicanum for anything I'm unsure of, however, I encourage constructive criticism if something I do seems non-lore friendly or otherwise not credible. This will also be, assuming I am accepted, my first 40k RP. Here's hoping I have fun.

Character Name: Lt. Jeremiah Ianuarius (Unsure if Traitor Guardsmen change names after Chaos conversion?)
Class: Traitor Imperial Guard
Weapon(s): Hot-shot Laspistol, Las Carbine, Grenade Launcher
Other Equipment: Leman Russ Battle Tank (Outfitted with all standard gear, additional plasma sponson weapons, pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, extra armor plating, massive dozer blade, and a Hunter-killer missile. Nicknamed "Lemon" and painted piss yellow; now bearing various Chaos sigils and symbols burned into it's hull.), Various Mechanic Tools, Optics (Binoculars?), Standard Guardsmen Officer Gear

Appearance: Jeremiah is 5'10, muscular and built as most guardsmen are, and has an almost olive complexion. His formerly green eyes are now a convoluted mix of grey and red, corrupted by Chaos. His officer's uniform has become fiendish, torn, and stained in blood. He is missing his left ear entirely.

Short Bio: Formerly a decorated battle tank commander of the Imperial Guard, bearing the rank of Lieutenant, Jeremiah was corrupted by Chaos alongside his entire tank platoon. Now he and his Leman Russ, alongside his corrupted crew mates, ravage their homeworld in the hopes of freeing the Daemon trapped within it's core. Jeremiah's thoughts are convoluted and he is obsessed with killing and with an insatiable lust, his former self is all but gone and his only constant is his love for his Leman Russ. Even now, corrupted beyond salvation, he retains his faculties for battle and his love of armored warfare...he will use these skills to bring Chaos to his homeworld.

RP Sample: (I'm not usually a forum roleplayer, however I will offer a few links to samples of my roleplays on my RMB-based regional geopolitical RP. I'll try to spread them out from recent to very old, not much has changed anyway, and if more is needed let me know) https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=20028996 ... https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=10665442 ... https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=9049141

Do Not Remove: Die scum!

Neadar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neadar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 am

The Mystery Bard wrote:
Neadar wrote:A quick question, what degree of role play will we be doing? Do you want us just to use of characters and you will take care of the NPCs, or can we right about the NPCs as well especially with in our own units? Will you tell us where we are deploying to or will we be creative with it? Would it be alright to write about engagements if we send it to you first for your approval?

Both actually.
You will be given orders and also will stumble upon enemies while traversing the planet.
I will place a "seal" on each post involving NPC's that you run across.

{}-This seal means you can decide the outcome and control the confrontation.Just don't be blatantly god modish with it of course.

{}-This seal means that the formentioned NPC's will be controlled by myself.

Also yes I will control all "boss" NPC's such as officers, the Traitor priests and Space Marines.
And yes feel free to engage the enemy on your own.Just remember no god modding.

Thank you for your swift reply. I will make and note an anxiously await the start of the RP. Also do not worry about my character being OP, she will probably piss herself at the first sign of anything to be honest.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:21 am

The Enclave Regions wrote:Note: I am a new and casual fan to the Warhammer 40k universe and my knowledge is limited, but I do not think this will impede my ability to roleplay effectively so long as any questions I might have will be answered. I'll do my best to keep myself informed and check on the Lexicanum for anything I'm unsure of, however, I encourage constructive criticism if something I do seems non-lore friendly or otherwise not credible. This will also be, assuming I am accepted, my first 40k RP. Here's hoping I have fun.

Character Name: Lt. Jeremiah Ianuarius (Unsure if Traitor Guardsmen change names after Chaos conversion?)
Class: Traitor Imperial Guard
Weapon(s): Hot-shot Laspistol, Las Carbine, Grenade Launcher
Other Equipment: Leman Russ Battle Tank (Outfitted with all standard gear, additional plasma sponson weapons, pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, extra armor plating, massive dozer blade, and a Hunter-killer missile. Nicknamed "Lemon" and painted piss yellow; now bearing various Chaos sigils and symbols burned into it's hull.), Various Mechanic Tools, Optics (Binoculars?), Standard Guardsmen Officer Gear

Appearance: Jeremiah is 5'10, muscular and built as most guardsmen are, and has an almost olive complexion. His formerly green eyes are now a convoluted mix of grey and red, corrupted by Chaos. His officer's uniform has become fiendish, torn, and stained in blood. He is missing his left ear entirely.

Short Bio: Formerly a decorated battle tank commander of the Imperial Guard, bearing the rank of Lieutenant, Jeremiah was corrupted by Chaos alongside his entire tank platoon. Now he and his Leman Russ, alongside his corrupted crew mates, ravage their homeworld in the hopes of freeing the Daemon trapped within it's core. Jeremiah's thoughts are convoluted and he is obsessed with killing and with an insatiable lust, his former self is all but gone and his only constant is his love for his Leman Russ. Even now, corrupted beyond salvation, he retains his faculties for battle and his love of armored warfare...he will use these skills to bring Chaos to his homeworld.

RP Sample: (I'm not usually a forum roleplayer, however I will offer a few links to samples of my roleplays on my RMB-based regional geopolitical RP. I'll try to spread them out from recent to very old, not much has changed anyway, and if more is needed let me know) https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=20028996 ... https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=10665442 ... https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=9049141

Do Not Remove: Die scum!

Accepted.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse