NATION

PASSWORD

A Shining Celebration [OPEN]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Former Alpine Nations
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

A Shining Celebration [OPEN]

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:06 pm

The Ethipioan conflict has finally ended, and Chairman Sebastian Essig, leader of the Former Alpine Nations, believes that it's reason to celebrate. All are invited, but especially the participants in the conflict.

(Links to the conflict:
READ THIS FIRST viewtopic.php?f=5&t=381832
READ THIS LAST viewtopic.php?f=4&t=381965 )

The Chairman steps up to the microphone and clears his throat, catching the attention of most of the partygoers.

“Good afternoon. I’ve gathered you all here for a momentous occasion, that being the beautiful thing that I like to call peace. Now, I won’t lie to you. Everyone who fought lost someone, myself included. I lost many of my people. Too many. But now is not the time to mourn, I think. It’s the time to celebrate happy endings and new beginnings. So, I say good riddance to bad memories.”

He steps off of the stage.

Security:

400 Alpine Corporate soldiers, armed with Heckler & Koch G36 rifles and SIG P226 sidearms
Last edited by The Former Alpine Nations on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Peristroykasian Estonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Peristroykasian Estonia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:09 pm

tAg
In numbers we're same as real Estonia.
In tech we're VERY early PMT.
Long live the Provincial Minister.

Vultoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultoria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Into the room came three representatives of the Vultorian Reich, Major Carter Sloan, Lieutenant Miranda Capulet, and a political figure John Androff. The two military personnel were in full dress blacks with the green trim and the Imperial Wolf symbol patched onto the shoulder just above their rank insignia.

Sloan was gazing the room and then pulled Lt. Capulet away when he spotted the bar had been opened. "We can get a few drinks before we start schmoozing. Let Androff do everything else, he is a politician after all."
The two approached the bar, "Two whiskeys." Lt. Capulet said politely, a second later they both had glasses.

Androff continued to The Chairman's seat, acknowledging the guards who were looking on.

"How are you sir? The Emperor sends his greetings but do to the situation in New Kennedy he cannot be present tonight." Androff explained.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Vultoria wrote:Into the room came three representatives of the Vultorian Reich, Major Carter Sloan, Lieutenant Miranda Capulet, and a political figure John Androff. The two military personnel were in full dress blacks with the green trim and the Imperial Wolf symbol patched onto the shoulder just above their rank insignia.

Sloan was gazing the room and then pulled Lt. Capulet away when he spotted the bar had been opened. "We can get a few drinks before we start schmoozing. Let Androff do everything else, he is a politician after all."
The two approached the bar, "Two whiskeys." Lt. Capulet said politely, a second later they both had glasses.

Androff continued to The Chairman's seat, acknowledging the guards who were looking on.

"How are you sir? The Emperor sends his greetings but do to the situation in New Kennedy he cannot be present tonight." Androff explained.

The Chairman is a middle aged man, with his right leg entirely prosthetic, and his left prosthetic from the knee down. He has salt and pepper hair, with with icy, penetrating eyes.

"I'm just fine, thank you. My regards to the Emperor. Leading isn't so fun when you have have to lead." He smiles. "I'm happy to see that the Emperor has sent a representative. By the way, what's your name?"

Celreostia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Celreostia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Tag

Vultoria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vultoria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:02 pm

"John Androff sir, and two of my fellow countrymen are at the bar, they will surely introduce themselves at somepoint in the night. The Emperor is working on building foreign relations, it was no problem sending a representative. How are you and your people doing? Now that the conflict has ended?" John asked, hoping it was not an intruding question.

Major Carter Sloan was continuing his drink and noticed a few troops in military uniforms also at the bar. He didn't want to interrupt the conversation though and instead turned to Lt. Capulet.

"What do you think his game is?" he asked her.

"Who Androff? Whatever the Emperor told him." She responded.

"No shit, I mean why do you think he's building foreign affairs now? We've been fine on our own."

She shrugged a cute polite shrug that also said she had no interest in being too involved in anything the Emperor was doing. The little she knew the less interested internal security would be watching her.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Vultoria wrote:"John Androff sir, and two of my fellow countrymen are at the bar, they will surely introduce themselves at somepoint in the night. The Emperor is working on building foreign relations, it was no problem sending a representative. How are you and your people doing? Now that the conflict has ended?" John asked, hoping it was not an intruding question.

"I've rarely been better, thank you. My people? Happy that the conflict has come to an end. Refreshments?" Sebastian asks.

Vultoria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vultoria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:15 pm

The Former Alpine Nations wrote:"I've rarely been better, thank you. My people? Happy that the conflict has come to an end. Refreshments?" Sebastian asks.

"Sure thank you." Androff said, accepting the offer. "This is a beautiful place Chairman."

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Vultoria wrote:"Sure thank you." Androff said, accepting the offer. "This is a beautiful place Chairman."

"My thanks," the Chairman responds. "It was a long time in the making. Some day, I hope to visit Vultoria."

Peristroykasian Estonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Peristroykasian Estonia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:19 pm

In an epic way, colonel Kaadle had arrived by jumping out of an airplane.
Entering the area, chuckling and sitting down by the bar.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 pm

Peristroykasian Estonia wrote:In an epic way, colonel Kaadle had arrived by jumping out of an airplane.

Colonel Conz Gurtner limps up behind him.

"Mind if I sit?" He asks Kaadle.

Vultoria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vultoria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 pm

"Vultoria is a sight to see, especially the capitol Baphomet. I am sure the Reich will extend an invitation sooner than you would expect." Androff told him.

Major Carter Sloan began drinking his second whiskey and Lieutenant Capulet had just finished her first when Kaadle arrived. Carter greeted him,

"Whats your drink?" he asked, also acknowledging the man asking to sit, "You too whats your drink?"
Last edited by Vultoria on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Vultoria wrote:"Vultoria is a sight to see, especially the capitol Baphomet. I am sure the Reich will extend an invitation sooner than you would expect." Androff told him.

Major Carter Sloan began drinking his second whiskey and Lieutenant Capulet had just finished her first when Kaadle arrived. Carter greeted him,

"Whats your drink?" he asked, also acknowledging the man asking to sit, "You too whats your drink?"

"It would be an honor to visit," The Chairman replies.

Over at the bar, Gurtner sits. "Cider, please. My name's Conz, yours?" He asks the Major.

Peristroykasian Estonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Peristroykasian Estonia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:26 pm

The Former Alpine Nations wrote:
Peristroykasian Estonia wrote:In an epic way, colonel Kaadle had arrived by jumping out of an airplane.

Colonel Conz Gurtner limps up behind him.

"Mind if I sit?" He asks Kaadle.

"No problem. Also give me a Vodka or a Kvass

Vultoria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vultoria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 pm

"It would be an honor to visit," The Chairman replies.

Over at the bar, Gurtner sits. "Cider, please. My name's Conz, yours?" He asks the Major.

"Conz, my name is Major Carter Sloan and this is my protege Lieutenant Miranda Capulet. We are from the Imperial Reich of Vultoria. Ah, and here is your drink." Sloan said.

"Good to meet you Conz." Lieutenant Capulet greeted. Carter also ordered a Vodka for Kaadle.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Vultoria wrote:
"Conz, my name is Major Carter Sloan and this is my protege Lieutenant Miranda Capulet. We are from the Imperial Reich of Vultoria. Ah, and here is your drink." Sloan said.

"Good to meet you Conz." Lieutenant Capulet greeted. Carter also ordered a Vodka for Kaadle.

"Thanks. Liking what you see, so far?" Conz asks.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 am

President Madison of The Hoosier Alliance arrived along with General Jim Houston, who lead troops on the Eastern Front, Captain Allen B. Custer, the man that lead Hoosier forces in the Ethipioaian Capitol and saved Hoosiers and Alpines alike after the nuclear blast, and several personal guards. The conflict in Ethipioa was the nations first overseas war and largest military operation. It was considered a success.

President Madison noticed the Alpine Chairman and went over to him. "Hello, Chairman. I don't think we have meet in person. I am President Garrick Madison. I thank you for the support in Ethipioa. I hope our nations may continue this friendship. I would like you to meet you General Jim Houston and Captain Allen Custer. General Houston lead Hoosier troops on the Eastern Front, you know, against the Lesser Soviets. Captain Allen here saved some of our boys when those cowards detonated the nuke." Both the General and Captain greeted the Chairman, the Captain, however, looks very nervous being near his own President, not even mentioning the many international leaders.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:25 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:President Madison of The Hoosier Alliance arrived along with General Jim Houston, who lead troops on the Eastern Front, Captain Allen B. Custer, the man that lead Hoosier forces in the Ethipioaian Capitol and saved Hoosiers and Alpines alike after the nuclear blast, and several personal guards. The conflict in Ethipioa was the nations first overseas war and largest military operation. It was considered a success.

President Madison noticed the Alpine Chairman and went over to him. "Hello, Chairman. I don't think we have meet in person. I am President Garrick Madison. I thank you for the support in Ethipioa. I hope our nations may continue this friendship. I would like you to meet you General Jim Houston and Captain Allen Custer. General Houston lead Hoosier troops on the Eastern Front, you know, against the Lesser Soviets. Captain Allen here saved some of our boys when those cowards detonated the nuke." Both the General and Captain greeted the Chairman, the Captain, however, looks very nervous being near his own President, not even mentioning the many international leaders.

"Mr. President. It's an honor. General, Captain. Captain Custer, you have my heartfelt thanks for saving the lives of four hundred Alpine soldiers. As a matter of fact, Captain, later tonight... Well, let us surprise you." As if noticing the Captain's discomfort, the Chairman says, "Captain, if you will, I believe there's a soldier at the bar that wishes to thank you for your actions." The Chairman gestures in the vague direction of the bar. "So, Mr. President. You have my thanks for your willingness for compromise during the peace talks. Without your cooperation, talking could have deteriorated into something far worse."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:President Madison of The Hoosier Alliance arrived along with General Jim Houston, who lead troops on the Eastern Front, Captain Allen B. Custer, the man that lead Hoosier forces in the Ethipioaian Capitol and saved Hoosiers and Alpines alike after the nuclear blast, and several personal guards. The conflict in Ethipioa was the nations first overseas war and largest military operation. It was considered a success.

"Mr. President. It's an honor. General, Captain. Captain Custer, you have my heartfelt thanks for saving the lives of four hundred Alpine soldiers. As a matter of fact, Captain, later tonight... Well, let us surprise you." As if noticing the Captain's discomfort, the Chairman says, "Captain, if you will, I believe there's a soldier at the bar that wishes to thank you for your actions." The Chairman gestures in the vague direction of the bar. "So, Mr. President. You have my thanks for your willingness for compromise during the peace talks. Without your cooperation, talking could have deteriorated into something far worse."

Captain Custer uneasily walks to where the Chairman motioned. "Please, call me Garrick," says Madison. The man frowned. "It was not...willingness that made me compromise. In fact, many in my nation, government and civilian, say they would rather a war than allow even the chance at an elected commie. You must understand that my people have suffered. Greatly. We fought a war with our previous countrymen over freedom. My political opponents will use a 'soft on communism' approach this election. But thank for your words. I think some time we should...discuss what happened at the peace talks and at the Capitol. Oh my, I'm sorry! This is a party! Believe me, dear fellow," the President smiled," you have not lived until you have had a party with a Hoosier! Here, a gift. The finest Hoosier Whiskey," and then, with a wink,"and the finest in the world!"
Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:53 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Captain Custer uneasily walks to where the Chairman motioned. "Please, call me Garrick," says Madison. The man frowned. "It was not...willingness that made me compromise. In fact, many in my nation, government and civilian, say they would rather a war than allow even the chance at an elected commie. You must understand that my people have suffered. Greatly. We fought a war with our previous countrymen over freedom. My political opponents will use a 'soft on communism' approach this election. But thank for your words. I think some time we should...discuss what happened at the peace talks and at the Capitol. Oh my, I'm sorry! This is a party! Believe me, dear fellow," the President smiled," you have not lived until you have had a party with a Hoosier! Here, a gift. The finest Hoosier Whiskey," and then, with a wink,"and the finest in the world!"

Colonel Conz Gurtner waves at Captain Custer to get his attention.

"Well, Garrick, We have the whiskey, and we definitely have the party!" The Chairman exclaims. "What's left but to enjoy it? Oh, and General Houston, you won't be alone for long. I would've had the man that I wanted here before you arrived, but there was a pressing matter that he needed to attend to. I'm sure that he'll be on his way, soon."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Captain Custer uneasily walks to where the Chairman motioned. "Please, call me Garrick," says Madison. The man frowned. "It was not...willingness that made me compromise. In fact, many in my nation, government and civilian, say they would rather a war than allow even the chance at an elected commie. You must understand that my people have suffered. Greatly. We fought a war with our previous countrymen over freedom. My political opponents will use a 'soft on communism' approach this election. But thank for your words. I think some time we should...discuss what happened at the peace talks and at the Capitol. Oh my, I'm sorry! This is a party! Believe me, dear fellow," the President smiled," you have not lived until you have had a party with a Hoosier! Here, a gift. The finest Hoosier Whiskey," and then, with a wink,"and the finest in the world!"

Colonel Conz Gurtner waves at Captain Custer to get his attention.

"Well, Garrick, We have the whiskey, and we definitely have the party!" The Chairman exclaims. "What's left but to enjoy it? Oh, and General Houston, you won't be alone for long. I would've had the man that I wanted here before you arrived, but there was a pressing matter that he needed to attend to. I'm sure that he'll be on his way, soon."

Custer walks over to the man and whispers, very nervously, "H-hello."

The Hoosier General nods. He was a quiet man. He, like he always does when he has nothing to do, subconsciously rubbed the scar on his face, running from his forehead and over his right eye to the middle of his right cheek, in an angle down to the right.

The President smiled, "Well Chairman, tell me about yourself! Or you country. Or anything else!" The man laughed,"You are the host!"

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Custer walks over to the man and whispers, very nervously, "H-hello."

The Hoosier General nods. He was a quiet man. He, like he always does when he has nothing to do, subconsciously rubbed the scar on his face, running from his forehead and over his right eye to the middle of his right cheek, in an angle down to the right.

The President smiled, "Well Chairman, tell me about yourself! Or you country. Or anything else!" The man laughed,"You are the host!"

Gurtner beckons toward the seat next to him. "Captain! We meet again. You know that, without you, I'd be a pile of radioactive dust! For that, you have my thanks."

"Well, Mr. President," the Chairman says, "There isn't much to tell about myself, so I'll tell you about my home. As you might have seen, we are a small nation, but have a strong economy, with a high level of scientific advancement. We are a representative democracy, with the stockholders electing company boards, the boards electing CEOs, and the most prominent CEOs are appointed to the Board of Corporations, who then appoint the Chairman, whom happens to be me. The one exception is that the CEO of Alpine Corporate Security is always on the board, and can never be elected as Chairman. A Chairman's term is one year, with a ten-term limit. As such, if I am elected three more times, I must step down from my place as Chairman of the Board. The Ethipioan conflict was our first overseas war, as we have had much trouble at home, developing our nation."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:16 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Custer walks over to the man and whispers, very nervously, "H-hello."

Gurtner beckons toward the seat next to him. "Captain! We meet again. You know that, without you, I'd be a pile of radioactive dust! For that, you have my thanks."

"Well, Mr. President," the Chairman says, "There isn't much to tell about myself, so I'll tell you about my home. As you might have seen, we are a small nation, but have a strong economy, with a high level of scientific advancement. We are a representative democracy, with the stockholders electing company boards, the boards electing CEOs, and the most prominent CEOs are appointed to the Board of Corporations, who then appoint the Chairman, whom happens to be me. The one exception is that the CEO of Alpine Corporate Security is always on the board, and can never be elected as Chairman. A Chairman's term is one year, with a ten-term limit. As such, if I am elected three more times, I must step down from my place as Chairman of the Board. The Ethipioan conflict was our first overseas war, as we have had much trouble at home, developing our nation."

Allen gives a weak smile, "Oh, it ain't nuttin'. Just trying to get some folk out of there. Really, no big deal. I don't really like attention like this. I always feel like I'll mess up. I mean, Ethipioa was my fourth war! It was many Hoosier's fourth, but anyway. I can fight, no problem. Take orders? Sure! Get noticed by strangers? No thank you!"

Madison replies, "Well, it sounds like nice place. I may have to visit some time! Thank you once more for the party. I don't really socialize with other world leaders. We Hoosiers only talk with foreigners when we have to. I think though, after your devotion to freedom, our peoples will form an everlasting bond of friendship."

Spokesperson

Postby The Former Alpine Nations » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:41 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Allen gives a weak smile, "Oh, it ain't nuttin'. Just trying to get some folk out of there. Really, no big deal. I don't really like attention like this. I always feel like I'll mess up. I mean, Ethipioa was my fourth war! It was many Hoosier's fourth, but anyway. I can fight, no problem. Take orders? Sure! Get noticed by strangers? No thank you!"

Madison replies, "Well, it sounds like nice place. I may have to visit some time! Thank you once more for the party. I don't really socialize with other world leaders. We Hoosiers only talk with foreigners when we have to. I think though, after your devotion to freedom, our peoples will form an everlasting bond of friendship."

"Oh, you'll get used to being the center of attention after a while. I know I did!" Gurtner chuckles. "I was probably invited to a social function a day after Ethipioa. The funny thing is, I was a police chief before the conflict. They promoted me because they didn't have anyone else to command the forces."

"It's not a problem," Essig smiles. "This celebration is a way to introduce the Former Alpine Nations to the rest of the world. I only hope that our alliance continues for eternity."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:56 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Allen gives a weak smile, "Oh, it ain't nuttin'. Just trying to get some folk out of there. Really, no big deal. I don't really like attention like this. I always feel like I'll mess up. I mean, Ethipioa was my fourth war! It was many Hoosier's fourth, but anyway. I can fight, no problem. Take orders? Sure! Get noticed by strangers? No thank you!"

"Oh, you'll get used to being the center of attention after a while. I know I did!" Gurtner chuckles. "I was probably invited to a social function a day after Ethipioa. The funny thing is, I was a police chief before the conflict. They promoted me because they didn't have anyone else to command the forces."

"It's not a problem," Essig smiles. "This celebration is a way to introduce the Former Alpine Nations to the rest of the world. I only hope that our alliance continues for eternity."

"During the Revolution I was bumped to captain to the neighborhood militia because everyone liked me! I won a few unlikely battles so I kept the post during the wars with Michigan and New England. Then Ethipioa...I was so used to killing men that were once countrymen...I hate to say it but it was a nice change of pace." Allen orders a drink.

President Madison nods, "The Federation is preparing to take a more international role in the world. The idea of a North American Union came up but,"'he chuckles, "just look at the E.U and tell me how that turned out! If you don't mind, I was thinking we talk about some treaties I was thinking about some time this evening or another time. The attempt to sign them has not been made public so no pressure. You can clearly say no any one of them."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates