NATION

PASSWORD

WORLDVISION 48: Phoda, Talvezout

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

WORLDVISION 48: Phoda, Talvezout

Postby Talvezout » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 pm

As the audience filed in and mingled about, a soft piano song would be playing. Occasionally, the sounds of the orchestra tuning their instruments would be heard. The stage itself is covered in a black shroud, stretching from the top of the stage to the bottom of it, where it meets with the orchestra pit. A projection of the logo of the contest would be seen on the black shroud.

Th piano music would slowly fade out, being replaced with only silence. The arena would go dark, as the black shroud would light up, with a montage of the previous hosts of Worldvision being projected on it. A voice would announce the name of each host and the edition of each contest, in both English and then the language of the host nation. It would go through this montage before abruptly stopping at Carnise, Ekoz. The word Ekoz would echo throughout the arena, before gradually building up into something that resembled static. The static would gradually buildup before being replaced by the sounds of an old cathode ray tube TV being turned on. The shroud onstage would also now be showing a TV turning on, with the TV briefly switching channels before finally landing on a channel that would be playing an orchestral rendition of last year's winner. The TRT Orchestra would be the ones playing this song, which would then gently shift from "Rise" to the first song of the opening act, Ode to Joy.

PART 1 - ODE TO JOY

Alegria, bella espurna de divinitat,
Filla d'Elysium,
Entrem, borratxos de foc,
Celestial, el teu santuari!
Els vostres màgics s’uneixen de nou
Quin costum estrictament dividit;
Totes les persones es converteixen en germans,
On resideix la seva suau ala.

The black shroud covering the stage would rip off at the start of the chorus's loud proclamation of the song. Onstage, in addition to the chorus, would be a group of dancers moving to the song. A leader from them, a thirtysomethingish woman, would emerge, and appear to direct the dancers, in their movements and in their actions. A small part of the dancers would appear to split off, away from the rest of the group.

Qui ha tingut èxit en el gran intent,
Per ser amic d'un amic,
Qui ha guanyat una dona preciosa,
Afegiu-ho a la jubilació.

The split off faction of dancers would then appear to attack the remaining dancers; the female leader and the leader of the split off faction would appear to fight then, clashing first with hands and then with slim wooden poles. It would end with the female leader sweeping the rival leader off his feet, with the lights on them going dark- leaving just the silhouettes of the dancers left.

This whole sequence represented the conflict surrounding the early tribal beginnings of Talvezout; Talvezout was first founded as a tribal group of islands during the Stone Age, with one group of islands breaking off; the original leader of Talvzout, Magrda Talvezia, fought against the rival leader, before killing him in battle.

Joy, beautiful spark of divinity,
Daughter from Elysium,
We enter, drunk with fire,
Heavenly, thy sanctuary!
Your magics join again
What custom strictly divided;
All people become brothers,
Where your gentle wing abides.

Who has succeeded in the great attempt,
To be a friend's friend,
Whoever has won a lovely woman,
Add his to the jubilation!

The chorus would now stop singing, as the lights onstage would all gradually fade out, leaving just the sounds of their singing echoing through the hall. The orchestra would be tuning again, before abruptly launching into the next song.

PART 2 - THIS LIFE OF MINE (TALVEZIAN LOVESONG)

I could give you the prettiest rose, oh my love
Or the most beautiful plant of this land
I could say that you are the most beautiful woman of this earth
For I know that his love is divine, greater than Ruth and Boaz

The stage would now be lit up in various muted and drab colors of blue and gray; this scene, being a time-skip, would represent Talvezout under the repression of it's military dictatorship, during the 1950s through the 1990s. Various people would shuffle onstage,walking about, as if seeming lost. The singer of this song, and one-half of the hosting duo, Nicholas Etżro, would be the only one in color, wearing a faded blue suit.

There is no verse or song, no words, and no poem
To describe the fire of my love to you, my amor
Oh, how do I simply say I love you?
For you have transformed all aspects of my life

A couple would emerge from the gray mass of people. The couple, the same people who portrayed the first humans form Talvezout's opening act in Worldvision 44, start to do a ballet routine with each other in time with the music. Other people in the gray start copying their moves, albeit warily, as if they were inspired by them.

You are but my song without words, my vision without eyes
My flower without petals, my deception without lies
You are my guitar, oh my gentlest guitar
Oh my world, oh my heart, oh my greenest flower

The male dancer would now produce a rather appropriate green flower, and he would give it to the female dancer. She would pin it to her outfit, and they would move in for an embrace. They would be broken up by the apprehended of several men in leather coats and uniforms, each wearing a black glass visor. They would separate the two, before struggling with the both of them.

There is no boat or wind to distract us
From the beautiful folly of your life
Oh, there are no words to describe this heart
A heart that is on fire for only you

The gray mass of people would now swarm the guards, seemingly taking them away. The body of the female dancer would be left onstage, with the male dancer and the people looking over it. The male dancer would be in visible grief, cradling the lifeless body.

I have lost all words, all songs, all verses
Everything to describe the sight of only you
For my heart was on fire and you were the one who soothed it
You are the guiding wind to my ever lost boat

One of the dancers would slowly walk up to Etżro, as he was singing. She would rest her head on him, as if she was the woman who Etżro was singing about. As the final part of the song started, she and the other dancers would move forward, gradually shedding their clothes to reveal more brighter, more happier attire underneath. They would each reach into their pockets and would produce a small light, which they would use to cover the body of the female dancer. They would step back, and alongside millions of other lights hidden within the audience, the lights would all lift up to reveal a kinetic blanket of lights above the stage and the audience. The dancers would all hold hands and would all bow at the end of the song, as the lights all faded out.

Oh, but how do I simply say that I only love you?
How do I put into words, what will be my greatest song
Oh, how do I calm this raging and fiery storm that brews for you
Oh my heart, oh my world, oh my heavens, oh greenest flower

The final part of the song, with the lights, represented the new hope that Talvezout had following the deposing of the military dictatorship. Smoke would now be billowing about onstage, effectively concealing the whole thing from the audience and the cameras. The orchestra would start playing it's violins, before launching into the final part of the opening act.

PART 3 - LISTEN

The smoke would dissipate now, revealing the other host, Sharon Bartlett onstage, alongside her band. In addition, all of the performers from each performing country would be onstage, rocking out and having fun as Sharon would be singing the final part of the opening act.

You can say it's been a thousand years
It's been said there has been a thousand fears
But I would want to do it all again
Just to hear your words, to listen

Ten dancer representing the first dancers would step to the front of the stage. They would be waving the flags of the nation's they represented, with this being repeated by each verse, for each nation.

But if I could
I would
But if I would want to
You know I would
But back then
I didn't

It's only been four, five years
But yet it feels like there's been a thousand tears
And no matter what you say
It will never take the regret away

But if I could
I would
But if I would want to
You know I would
But back then
I didn't

Is it time to say finally goodbye
To go away from all the lies
And yet I just want to feel alone
Rather then say that I'm all fine
And if the world was to end
I guess I'll just be standing there then
I would want to do it all again
Just to rid my memory of you my friend

But if I could
I would
But if I would want to
You know I would
But back then
I didn't

Now I just want to listen

The band would continue playing the song, although Sharon would now be introducing thhe performers first by name, then their host country. She would repeat this for each country in English, in Talvezian, and then in the language of the respective country. After each country was announced, the performers would all head back to the green room, to get ready for their performances.

Now I just want to listen

The song would suddenly cut out at this point, leaving Sharon onstage with Nicholas.
Last edited by Talvezout on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postcards

After all of the extra people filed offstage, only Sharon and Nicholas would be left onstage. The screens around the stage would display the logo of the contest.

Sharon: Hello everyone, and welcome to Worldvision 48, live here from Phoda, Talvezout!
Nicholas: Yes ladies and gentlemen, we are back here in Talvezout to celebrate and to watch what has become the multiverse's biggest musical program, with Worldvision now being broadcast to a 100+ countries all over the multiverse.
Sharon: And now, all of these millions of viewing eyes, are coming down here, where we will be seeing the musical best of the nation's competing here in Phoda.
Nicholas: But of course, you are not only the viewer here in Worldvision, you are also the doer. Via calling, texting, or over the Internet, you the viewer can vote for you favorite country. Of course, you the viewer cannot vote for you own nation, and you cannot vote now or else your vote will be wasted and you may be charged.
Sharon: But of course, enough talking for now. It is now time to start the contest, and with each performing nation being selected to perform via a random order, we are sure to see some interesting acts tonight. Are you ready Nicholas?
Nicholas: I'm ready.

Nicholas & Sharon: Then let the 48th Worldvision Song Contest, begin!

01 - Talvezout - Sunny Siracauso - Voi Kynnyksellä Koskaan Nouse
Performance

02 - Dreamplanet- Sarah Adina - I've Fallen For You

03 - The Sarian- Harry Che & Lisa Chang - Invincible
Performance

04 - Yakirsk- Svetlana - Getaway
Performance

05 - Lons - Barôs - Mâtêv Mar

06 - Britonisea- Amedeo Arjan - Parrot-talk

07- Polkopia- Branka Larisa - Not Me

08 - Mercedini- Samuel Borlaviac - The Beat

09 - Zadiner- ~ - ~

10 - Falatulu- Jayden Greenwood - Born In The FFR

11 - The Republic of Arkan - Marko Revnov - The Lost

12 - South Bourbonstan- Ella And The Ocean - Just Go!

13 - Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic- Christon Amelsen Hoire - Sei Tu

14 - Vettrera - Eliza Gentry - Go On...

15 - Ethane - Chris Harding - Fading

16 - Ekoz - Jai Gotteman - Story to be Told

17 - Estogium - Ellie Morgent - Healer

18 - Kishrael - Liora - Chabibi (My Love)

19 - Missus X - Rick Leg - Misses Eggs

20 - Darkmania - Christer Lockmik - This Time

21 - Luepola - Ksenya Küryanskaya - Brave

22 - Normandy and Picardy - Maren - Empty Hours

23 - New Asmal - Heltiiq Street - Gaaya Maniq

24 - Electrum - Jean Rainier - Will He?

25 - Mister X - Rebound - Help Me

26 - Barunia - Cabaret Sav - Give Me A Little Bit

27 - Electrum Diplomatic Offices And Kasanova Koratica - Gertrude Pullman and THE SUNNY SUNNY GIRLS featuring WTF Entertainment - Kelip, Kelip, Kotyonok, Kotyonok

28 - Galiciada - Ailan - The Light Inside My Mind

29 - Antahbrantahstan - Isabella Saravati - Romance

30 - Adab - Kinan al-Salaman - Sinan al-Salaman

31 - Kalosia - Neon - Together

32 - Ryccia - Francis Azorda - Shine

33 - Praciba - Bjartmar Brothers featuring Carloso þor Niño - It's My Pleasure

34 - Aurevbush - Dawnbreak - Driftin' Off The Ditch

35 - Izmedu - Ivana Jeroncic - Confessions

36 - Tödlichebujoku - Lukas Küchler - All That We Need

37 - Porterno - Alex Baker - All My Heart

38 - The New Falkland Islands - Ed Merriweather - Substitute

39 - Harold I - Otis Redmand - She Heard My Prayer

Last edited by Talvezout on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

01 - TALVEZOUT

~ 01 - TALVEZOUT ~
Sunny Siracauso - Voi Kynnyksellä Koskaan Nouse
Sunny was picked to be the representative for Talvezout following an internal selection performed by TRT. The choice of song she would sing was chosen by the public, who had five songs to chose from. In the end, the moderately uptempo, folk-electronica combo "May The Dawn Never Rise" won out, barely beating the runner up song, the rather calm bossa nova ballad "You" by 1,000 points. The song was translated into Talvezian for the grand final. The song itself is about death, or more specially, the anxiety experienced by the fear of death. Sunny wrote the song after nearly dying in a car crash several weeks before Worldvision 47.
|
I don't want this night to end
A mysterious feel
I don't know where to begin
If I want to live

Maybe I will fly away
To reach the newest day
I will begin anew
Sans sin or disgrace

And the purification of the night
Makes me ever enlightened

Words without regret
Within this haze, of dying light
I am upraised

May the dawn never rise
Will this night ever end
May the dawn never rise
Will this night ever end

Ah.....

May the dawn never rise
Will the night ever begin
May the dawn never rise
Will the end ever arrive

This start of a new life
Ever holds me frightened
The deliberation of the end
Makes me disquieted

May I just fly away
To escape this never ending dream
A loss of love, time and space

May the dawn never rise
May this end never become
May the dawn never rise
Will this end ever arrive

Sunny would be lying on the middle of the stage, wearing a beige and black dress. The dress skirt would be spread out at her feet, and she would also be wearing a flower crown to match the dress. The screens behind her would be displaying a stormy sea, flashing from black and white to sepia, and then to color, respectively.

En halua tätä yönä lopettaa
Salaperäinen tuntuu
En tiedä, mistä aloittaa
Jos Haluan elää

Sunny would now get up, as sparks would explode around her, in tune with the crushing electronic sound in the song. Ghostly projections of various traditional musicians playing the instruments for the song would appear on the HoloGrapher screens behind her, flickering in and out. Sunny would also be walking forwards for this part, after she got up.

Ehkä lentää pois
Päästäkseen uusin päivä
Aion aloittaa uudelleen
Sans sin tai häpeä

An army of violinists would appear on the HoloGrapher screens behind her, walking forward with her.

Ja puhdistus yön
Saa minut koskaan valaistunut

All of the ghostly images would disappear, leaving only Sunny onstage. The screens behind her would now various eyes and mouths, with the burning eyes staring forwards and the lips speaking the words of the song.

Sanat ilman katumusta
Tässä sameus, kuolla valo
Olen pystyssä

In transition to the chorus, sparks would also be exploding onstage, with several of the sparks also coming from Sunny's dress. Projections of ghostly dancers would appear, culminating with them turning into pillars of fire, just as pillars of fire would shoot out onstage.

Voi kynnyksellä koskaan nouse
Tuleeko tänä yönä koskaan loppua
Tuleeko tänä yönä koskaan loppua

Sparks and fire would appear once more, as the screens behind Sunny would now show TV static, with it flashing and changing colors.

Ah.....

From the elevators hidden onstage, three dancers and five musicians would suddenly leap up. The three dancers would all be wearing dresses reminiscent of a cross between a warrior's uniform and Sunny's outfit, while the musicians would simply be wearing black shirts and pants. The dancers would start moving to the erratic pacing of the chorus, making their way to Sunny.

Voiko yön joskus aikoo
Tuleeko lopulta koskaan saapuu

Sunny and the dancers would abruptly stop, as the two drum players would step to the forwards of the stage, playing with the strings. After the brief drum and strings break, the dancers would pull out swords from their scabbards and would start sword fighting, as Sunny stood in the middle of the action. The musicians would move to the back of the stage again, and Sunny would end up in front of the fighting dancers.

Tämä aloittaa uuden elämän
Koskaan omistaa minua pelottaa
Päätöksen harkintaan lopussa
Saa minut häirinnyt

The dancers would sheath their swords, and would make their way to Sunny alongside with the musicians. They would all seemingly reach out to her, as she would attempt to take various steps forwards. They would pull her back form the distance, making each of Sunny's steps futile, as she would be seemingly prevented from moving anywhere.

Voinko vain lentää pois
Paeta tätä loputon uni
Menetys rakkautta, aikaa ja tilaa

The dancers would now start spinning as sparks would start emitting from their dresses. The musicians would form a line and would start walking upwards, forming a line behind Sunny. The dancers would suddenly emerge form this line, and would all lift up Sunny at the end, elevating her away from the stage.

Olkoon tämä pää ei koskaan tullut
Tämä päättyy koskaan saapuu?

There would be one final emission of sparks form the stage, before the performers would bow to rapturous applause from the home crowd. They would thank the audience, and would quickly scoot offstage.
Last edited by Talvezout on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

WITHDRAWN

Postby Dreamplanet » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:25 am

Dreamplanet has Withdrawn from Worldvision with no forseen return, but Dreamplanet will return one day.
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 am

.:: 03 - The Sarian ::.
.:: Harry Che & Lisa Chang - Invincible ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Paula Seling & OVI - Miracle

The Electrum born duet of Harry Che and Lisa Chang are the first ever winners of the SariVision Song Contest, though not without controversy. Due to a peculiarity in the scoring system, the duo managed to win with much fewer votes than the second place entry. The same second place entry has spent the past three weeks on top of the Sarian Music Charts, meanwhile Invincible has spent just a single week in the top 10, where it has been blasted as "absolute cheese" and "shit" by critics.

Harry starts on the right hand stage, standing on his own. The stage and arena are mostly dark, with a single light following Harry as he begins making his way slowly to the centre of the stage.

Oh, I feel so alive
My heart is beating
My mind on repeat
It's a miracle

When I met you that night
Didn't know I could feel it
My mind on repeat
It's a miracle

Lisa enters the stage from the left, a single light focusing on her as she too begins to walk to the center of the stage, meeting Harry in the middle. When she arrives, the duo look at each other before turning to the audience.

Looking at you across the dancefloor
Know I've met my soulmate tonight

It’s a miracle, it’s a miracle
So magical, so magical

As the beat drops, the stage lights up, revealing a cohort of dancers. Meanwhile, coloured strobe lights fly around the arena, exciting the fans.

We're invincible...
We're invincible...
They can't stop us now

Together can't be beat
We will make it through
Together we are free
You set my life anew

It’s so magical
I want the world to know
We're invincible

The movement on the stage subsides slightly, as Harry and Lisa sing to each other more than the audience, showing chemistry. A light touch wind machine adds to the performance, blowing Lisa's hair back in a romantic manner.

You are my prince of light
You stopped the bleeding
When you hold me tight it's beautiful
(Yes, it’s beautiful)

Yeah, you're my flashlight
My heart is beating
I'll never say goodbye
It’s a miracle

Looking at you across the dancefloor
Know I've met my soulmate tonight

As the chorus begins again, so does the flurry of music, supported by an impressive light display.

We're invincible...
We're invincible...
They can't stop us now

Together can't be beat
We will make it through
Together we are free
You set my life anew

It’s so magical
I want the world to know
We're invincible-oooooooooo.....

As the slight instrumental break begins, everything goes dark, revealing glow in the dark paint and LED lights attached the clothes of all the performers, and surrounding the stage, giving it a modern, inverted look. When the chorus begins again, each beat of the distinctive piano is met with on stage, stationary fireworks.

We're invincible...
We're invincible...
They can't stop us now

Together can't be beat
We will make it through
Together we are free
You set my life anew

It’s so magical
I want the world to know
We're invincible

"THANK YOU, WORLDVISION, IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE!"
Last edited by The Sarian on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Yakirsk
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakirsk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:32 am

04 - YAKIRSK
Svetlana - Getaway (Lena - 4 Sleeps)

Yakirsk was making it's debut in WorldVision, however did broadcast the last 10 editions on national television. National broadcaster YTR picked Svetlana Viser, an 18 year old girl from the city of Pryshenka in eastern Yakirsk, to represent Yakirsk, after she sent in a demo track to the broadcaster after learning they were to participate in the contest. Svetlana has only just graduated from secondary school, and is taking a year break before attending the State Medical University in Irkutsk.

Svetlana, stood in the centre of the stage. She wore a simple black cocktail dress, as well as black high heels, and she clutched her handbag. She had mascara running down her face - Giving the effect that she was crying. A fog surrounded her - Illuminated by white spotlights, centring on her. Yakirsk had high hopes for Svetlana - For this was their début, and they at least wanted a good début.

The music began, the camera focusing on Svetlana from the front. She didn't smile, instead glaring into the camera, an angry expression creeping across her face, although with a hint of sadness.

Your stuff is on the lawn
I saw you with that girl havin' a ball
Yeah, why didn't you come home?
Why wouldn't you pick up the phone?
(Without you, I'll overdose)

She flung her purse across the stage, and an echoing sound boomed through the venue as it hit the stage. A tear rolled down her face, smudging more mascara. She messed up her hair, as if stressed, as if upset. She walks to the edge of the stage, putting her heart and soul into the chorus,

You know it, no silly matter
What has come between us
I seen the love letter
What has come between us

What has come between us
What has come between us
What has come between us

She's your getaway
She's your getaway
She's your getaway
Until you stop seeing her face
We'll never be together again

With each clap in the music, a blinding flash of white light illuminated the arena. The mist around Svetlana thickened, slowly beginning to creep in front of her, although she was still visible. She picked up a framed picture of her and her real-life ex-boyfriend, before throwing it across the stage, and it smashed as it hit the stage, with a loud bang noise echoing throughout the stadium.

We ended tragically
It's time for us to be released
True, it's a pity
That you had to go and cheat
(You can never connect with me)

During the verse, Svetlana wiped away a tear, but her expression began to change. Instead of her previous angry and fierce look earlier, she softened into a more saddened look, shocked and disappointed at the relationship's end. And, again, she began the chorus that led to the end of the song.

You know it, no silly matter
What has come between us
I seen the love letter
What has come between us

What has come between us
What has come between us
What has come between us

She's your getaway
She's your getaway
She's your getaway

(Fate)
(Ooh)
(Fate)
(Ooh)

The fog vanished as Svetlana rubbed away the tears, quickly dabbing away the smudged mascara, ready to beat out the last verse. Svetlana faced the camera, but this time appeared stronger, more confident. With all of her strength, she beated out the last verse.

She's your getaway
She's your getaway
She's your getaway

She's your getaway
She's your getaway
She's your getaway
She's your getaway

As the music ended, Svetlana swayed as if she were going to faint, but caught herself. "Thank you, Phoda!" she roared with great joy, running off the stage, relieved it was over but also overjoyed about what she had done. As she ran off the stage, she picked up the purse she had previously flung across the stage, throwing it into the crowd.
Last edited by Yakirsk on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lons » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:12 pm

05 - Lons

Barôs - Mâtêv Mar
To this tune, Savior by Savant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcFTpEasUGE

Barôs [pronounced: /ba:ʀɔs/] is a Lonish artist - in the most explicit sense of the word. Not only is he a reasonably succesful singer, he also makes paintings, sculptures, and is a fan of excessively flashy self-made clothing. His song, Mâtêv Mar is entirely in English, and features his falsetto, as well as his sense of strange clothing.

When the instrumental intro of the song starts, the stage is coloured purple by lighting effects, which start by focusing near the ceiling, and are slowly moving down to the center of the action, the stage. Once they are all focusing on the ground; once the background vocals start singing, there is a modest flash of light, and the stage is entirely lit. This newfound light reveals a background choir of 3 young men, each dressed in a flannel purple dresses, with wide sleeves. Additionally, two men stand on opposite sides of the other, wearing a rather large green afro and a brown dress, standing there... tree-style. They do not move as of now, and the background choir also moves as little as possible. A little bit into the instrumental intro, Barôs walks on the stage from the left wing of the stage, wearing the suit as shown in the previous picture , and stops near a tree, grabbing it's right branch, I mean, arm, as if he needs to be supported. He starts to sing:

Ter, vispâsîusâ tri imaprîâ
Het êntêm nisusâ

As he sings this, the background choir is entirely still, but the trees are moving towards the other. Barôs begins to walk towards the center of the stage, which is a little bit forward from there.

Geg, pêdêdokâ
Ôb lirusos
Pêdus mêl lida

When the last line is sung, the lights go dim, then go off, and when Barôs sings his next line, the lights focus on him, in a white colour. During the little riffs the strings play during this pre-chorus, additional lights switch on (in a harmonious fashion, two at a time (one on the left, one on the right), for each note played)) about a meter out from Barôs, in every colour of the rainbow.

Âmêz kôkâ înz gêl mar
Tu mês vâluses
Tu mês privuses
Âmêz pêdêv dêven êsôs
Tu mêl kâtuses, mêl kerwâduses
Âpri mâlînzkôkâ

A much brighter flash than before, followed by another one ensues when the chorus starts. Behind Barôs, the trees have caught up, and are now walking to each of the respective peninsulas of the stage, in a rather mechanical fashion, reminding one of wound up toy soldiers.

Mâtêv mar
Dês âmêl rimôs
Mâtêv mar
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
Mâtêv mar
Dês âmêl rimôs
Mâtêv mar
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs

Now, the stage is fully lit by white lights, and Barôs has put the microphone in its holder, and is singing with his arms stretched outwards, while the trees are doing a robot-style inspired dance on the peninsulas.

Mâtêv mar!
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
Wên mêl lir
Sêdês kut

Between these lines, there is a bass thing going on. The stage lights turn purple, green, then red for each of the notes, and stay red.
Mâtêv mar
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
Kêtêm pô wênlirîes
Kêtêm pô sêkutîes

Most lights dim, and a few, smaller lights are focused on Barôs, while the entire rest of the stage is dark. Somewhere, he has picked up an acoustic guitar, which he now wears. He can't play the guitar. There isn't even a guitar in this song. What are you doing? During this upcoming part, the stage lights grow outwards, and in intensity, soon lighting the entire stage again. The trees turn back to their unmoving state.

Ôb dês pêdâmâ pêtakrê
Imê blandîâ?
Ârkôs kuko êsâ

Three gunshots fire in sound, and for each, Barôs aims the neck of his guitar at one of the background singers, who are "hit" and fall down all together on the next beat.

Ôb mês pêdôrtes tôlba
Zû mis âmônsîes
Ârkês ili êses

Now, the stage lights become a vibrant pink, for a moment, before they go back to the bloodred they were a little while ago.

Dâpê ven êt di
Âs di neân kvirenan
Ârb kêv, kêv spusenôs
Pêdmâlvizusâ, kis pêdâs tats

The trees, which have been unmoving since the chorus, start moving again, slowly, robo dancing their way back to the mainstage, towards Barôs. Until then, however he continues to sing, grabbing the mic in its holder with two hands. The light is dimmed for the next bit.

Âmêz kôkâ înz gêl mar
Tu mês vâluses
Tu mês privuses
Âmêz pêdêv dêven êsôs
Âpri mâlînzkôkâ

Before the chorus, two flashes of white light, and a fully lit stage is stage to Barôs. The trees have reached him, and are standing behind him in position - their branches touching behind the singer.

Mâtêv mar
Dês âmêl rimôs
Mâtêv mar
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
Mâtêv mar
Dês âmêl rimôs
Mâtêv mar
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs

The background choir, who *shocker* weren't actually dead after all, have risen from behind the crate they had died behind.

Mâtêv mar!
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
Wên mêl lir
Sêdês kut
Mâtêv mar
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
Kêtêm pô wênlirîes
Kêtêm pô sêkutîes

Straight after the last line, Barôs falls, apparently exhausted, in the arms of the trees behind him, who have interlocked their hands behind their costumes, and the lights dim.

When the lights return, he gets up - shouting "We love you WorldVision!" and exits.

I will have to die before I realize
Now I will always be alone

No, I will not learn
That they will run
No-one will free me (It is implied here that this person would be female)

When I jump into trouble
Then you will hold me
Then you will catch me
When there is no way out
Then you will fight for me, give me direction
Before I jump back in

Deep trouble
Pulls you to me
Deep trouble
Hangs over us
Deep trouble
Pulls you to me
Deep trouble
Hangs over us

Deep trouble!
I cannot be helped
You can still be saved
Run away from me
Save yourself

Deep trouble!
I cannot be helped
You can still be saved
You can still run away
You can still save yourself

Don't think I don't love you
May I simplify?
I'm a huge fucking asshole

I hope you don't follow me
You should be less loving
You're a huge sweetheart

So go and say
We have enjoyed our days
But this, this has been enough
I won't look back, no more tears

When I jump into trouble
Then you will hold me
Then you will catch me
When there is no way out
Then you will fight for me, give me direction
Before I jump back in

Deep trouble
Pulls you to me
Deep trouble
Hangs over us
Deep trouble
Pulls you to me
Deep trouble
Hangs over us

Deep trouble!
I cannot be helped
You can still be saved
Run away from me
Save yourself
Deep trouble!
I cannot be helped
You can still be saved
You can still run away
You can still save yourself

Ter, vispâsîusâ tri imaprîâ
te̞ʀ vispɑʃusɑ tʀi imapʀjɑ
Het êntêm nisusâ
ɦe̞t ɛntɛm nisusɑ
Geg, pêdêdokâ
ɣe̞ɣ pɛdɛdo̞kɑ
Ôb lirusos
ɔb liʀuso̞s
Pêdus mêl lida
pɛdus mɛl lida
Âmêz kôkâ înz gêl mar
ɑmɛts kɔkɑ ɪnz ɣɛl maʀ
Tu mês vâluses
tu mɛs vɑluse̞s
Tu mês privuses
tu mɛs pʀivuse̞s
Âmêz pêdêv dêven êsôs
ɑmɛts pɛdɛʋ dɛve̞ŋ ɛsɔs
tu mɛl kɑtuse̞s mɛl ke̞ʀwɑduse̞s
Âpri mâlînzkôkâ
ɑpʀi mɑlɪnzkɔkɑ
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dês âmêl rimôs
dɛs ɑmɛl ʀimɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
dɔŋ mɛs ɛtdɛs cɑlɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dês âmêl rimôs
dɛs ɑmɛl ʀimɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
dɔŋ mɛs ɛtdɛs cɑlɔs
Mâtêv mar!
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
mɛʋ pɛdpɔ ɛe̞djɑ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ ɛkuce̞s
Wên mêl lir
wɛŋ mɛl liʀ
Sêdês kut
sɛdɛs kut
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
mɛʋ pɛdpɔ ɛe̞djɑ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ ɛkuce̞s
Kêtêm pô wênlirîes
kɛtɛm pɔ wɛnliʀje̞s
Kêtêm pô sêkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ sɛkuce̞s
Ôb dês pêdâmâ pêtakrê
ɔb dɛs pɛdɑmɑ pɛtakʀɛ
Imê blandîâ?
imɛ blandjɑ
Ârkôs kuko êsâ
ɑʀkɔs kuko̞ ɛsɑ
Ôb mês pêdôrtes tôlba
ɔb mɛs pɛdɔʀte̞s tɔlba
Zû mis âmônsîes
zʏ mis ɑmɔnˠʃe̞s
Ârkês ili êses
ɑʀkɛs ili ɛse̞s
Dâpê ven êt di
dɑpɛ ve̞ŋ ɛt di
Âs di neân kvirenan
ɑs di ne̞ɑŋ kviʀe̞naŋ
Ârb kêv, kêv spusenôs
ɑʀb kɛʋ kɛʋ spuse̞nɔs
Pêdmâlvizusâ, kis pêdâs tats
pɛdmɑlvizusɑ kis pɛdɑs tats
Âmêz kôkâ înz gêl mar
ɑmɛts kɔkɑ ɪnz ɣɛl maʀ
Tu mês vâluses
tu mɛs vɑluse̞s
Tu mês privuses
tu mɛs pʀivuse̞s
Âmêz pêdêv dêven êsôs
ɑmɛts pɛdɛʋ dɛve̞ŋ ɛsɔs
tu mɛl kɑtuse̞s mɛl ke̞ʀwɑduse̞s
Âpri mâlînzkôkâ
ɑpʀi mɑlɪnzkɔkɑ
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dês âmêl rimôs
dɛs ɑmɛl ʀimɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
dɔŋ mɛs ɛtdɛs cɑlɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dês âmêl rimôs
dɛs ɑmɛl ʀimɔs
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Dôn mês êtdês tîâlôs
dɔŋ mɛs ɛtdɛs cɑlɔs
Mâtêv mar!
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
mɛʋ pɛdpɔ ɛe̞djɑ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ ɛkuce̞s
Wên mêl lir
wɛŋ mɛl liʀ
Sêdês kut
sɛdɛs kut
Mâtêv mar
mɑtɛʋ maʀ
Mêv pêdpô êedîâ
mɛʋ pɛdpɔ ɛe̞djɑ
Kêtêm pô êkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ ɛkuce̞s
Kêtêm pô wênlirîes
kɛtɛm pɔ wɛnliʀje̞s
Kêtêm pô sêkutîes
kɛtɛm pɔ sɛkuce̞s
Last edited by Lons on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

06 | Britonisea | Amedeo Arjan - "Parrot-talk"

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:45 pm

#06 BRITONISEA
Amedeo Arjan - "Parrot-talk"
Tune : Stromae "Formidable"

Lyrics: Amedeo Arjan, Andrew Rotherdam
Music: Gina McFarren, Ziro Quincey and Fillipe Tilsburry

The current winner is back, after winning the 47th WorldVision Song Contest in Ekoz, Carnise with the song "Centre of Attraction" by Ex-Serpentent member, Mini Surrey North - who also hosted the 41st Song Contest in Britonisea. She won with 139 points - the highest we've seen since Praciba's 159 points in Ekoz '40. Anyway, After stabilising around 5th place after WV41, the Prime Minister, Adolphus Brito, stated that he will be sending hard hitting songs in order to win again. The problem was that we won before we sent one of these entries which called for the entry to be changed when it was announced earlier this WorldVision Season. However, to some people's cries, the BVC announced that they would not change the song as they have been working hard towards this song. Before Amedeo Arjan released his song, BVC released a "shocking bulletin."

In a shocking bulletin released by BVC, Britonisea's now top broadcaster, it has been shown that the once idyllic society of Britonisea may be more racist and sexist than we hoped and this is shown through WorldVision. In the latest census in 2010, 25% of Britons are of 'tanned' whether than be mixed-racial or Hispanic. Male and female ratios are around the same also. However, during the 14 editions we've participated under Britonisea, there has been 4 males in comparison to 12 females and 5 black people in comparison to 10 white people. And to top it all off, there has only been one "other" race whom represented us in WorldVision, Kristine Flack in WorldVision 43. This has been described as "a very big problem" by the BVC CEO and the BVC Britonish Head of Delegation for WorldVision. This means, this has lead to Amedeo Arjan-Martinez to be picked to represent Britonisea in WorldVision 48.

Amedeo Arjan is a male whom is 24 years old. He was born in Loueske, but swiftly moved to Alshkan, a city in both Estogium and Britonisea. Being from Alshkan, it wasn't really a place for a music career hence why being a singer didn't cross his mind until he was 15. Initially, he wanted to be a football player of some sort and was crazy about getting in to shape. Though still in very good shape, he pursues his music career after studying in Quickenden College of Music Education - a very prestige music school in Britonisea, attracting hundreds of foreigners there to learn. Though Hispanic, like most Hispanic-Britoniseans, he grew up not on their views but on modern Brironish views which is seen as Westernised Views - so he speaks with a perfect Britonish Accent! Amedeo is known in Estogium as he has hosted X Factor: Estogium for kids which attracted 10% of Estogium's audience.

Amedeo was proud to represent his country, Britonisea in WorldVision 48. Amedeo was after Lons who had finished performing. Amedeo got ready to perform as the postcards were shown to the viewing public.

The audience applauded for Amedeo as they could see his masculine silhouette standing straight looking at the middle camera. The screen behind him wasn't really of anything - it was blue, but you could see people working in it making it seem as if it was a blurred image of a busy street. The camera was also blurry but as it got closer to Amedeo, it became clearer. The man was wearing A grey, cotton top (of which was long sleeved, though he just rolled up to his elbows and dark tight skinny jeans. He put the microphone to his mouth and began singing;

Parrot-talk,
Down the street, as I walk.
Like a lasting echo,
Or a broken record
It follows me, non stop.

He stayed in position as the camera swayed around him from left to right. He didn't pay any attention to the camera though, and as the camera was behind him, he extended his arm out to the crowd and then put his index finger towards his head.

Parrot-talk, no?
Thoughts from good to the worst,
A curse from the universe.
Yet, No one can see my innocence.

Laying down, head to pillow
Drifting in and out, eternal slumber?
A taste of salt, so sweet - so nice.
Addicted on, Satan's ashes.

As he spoken of an "eternal slumber," the screens behind turned in to an oval shape, similar to a rugby ball shape and through it, you could see darkness, but you could make out that you were in a bedroom. Every 6 or so seconds, the rugby ball would get smaller and shut and open, similar to a human eye - though blink, and you'll miss it! As he continued to sing, he spoke about "Satan's ashes" and as he spoke about it, the stage turned a dark, macabre, red and burgundy colour with fire leaping in to the sky.

I can see the it, my goal is near...
Though like a pot of gold, it gets further
Is this a dream - or reality?
Can't I turn back time? I can hear

Parrot-talk,
People look, as I walk
Like the loudest bird hawk,
I suffered a great knock.
Watch as my equilibrium rocks.

As he looked at the camera facing to his left, something happened on his right, and as the camera switched back to the right, a red and black parrot was sitting on his shoulder. It didn't move, and that in itself shocked the audience watching at home, however, it seemed as if the people in the arena didn't see any difference. In fact, in the arena, "birds" were flying around - but this was something for the audience, not the viewers at home. So, if the audience couldn't see the parrot sitting on his shoulder...What was it?

Parrot-talk, no?
I hear them calling
They want to tuck me in, tight.
Their voices sharp like a knife.

The parrot took off from his shoulder and dissolved with only 3 bits of it's feathers tumbling to the ground. He looked at the bird's disappearance area with shock, but he also looked intrigued. Of course, it was just camera trick, and the parrot wasn't really there - but, you know, Britonisea was taking advantage on this new package WorldVision was introduced to. He then knelt down on his knees and he picked one of the feathers up, and all this time, the stage floor was getting darker and darker red.

They're running for me!
Over the hills, they're searching hard for me.
To pay my debts to, the one up high.

Corruption in my mind? I don't believe so.
Though my mind is different from your own.
I feel so tired - Stop the suff'rin'
I feel such pain, pin-prick and enter my veins
And dissolve,

As he sung about his mind, he put his hands to his head. The camera started to get blurry for those at home. They couldn't really make out what they were seeing. As he continued singing this part of the song, they started to see what the audience could see. He took out a syringe, which was fake, and as he sung about "Pin-prick" he stabbed the syringe in his bloodstream, and straight after - he smiled, a smile of wealth and greed. He was happy. The syringe was made so that whenever it hit a surface hard enough, it would retract inside of the tube.

Parrot-talk, Parrot-talk!
Help me and get the pain out,
Don't wait - proceed now.
And take me with you to die

Amedeo sits down on the floor and on the screens behind is him in the same position. You could see that some people around him were trying to speak to him yet he wasn't responding. He kept his head down and as the voices started to increase in dynamics, the lighting started to get more frantic. As this segment finished and the lighting sharply appeared on him. He started singing as the stage turned light blue.

Parrot-talk,
People look, as I walk
Like the loudest bird hawk,
I suffered a great knock.
Watch as my equilibrium rocks.

Parrot-talk, Parrot-talk!
Help me and get the pain out,
Don't wait - proceed now.
And take me with you to die.

The stage LED floor and walls aren't really changing that much as it's quite a minimalist stage. The lights are doing a lot of work as they turn from red to green to a cold and harsh blue, symbolising his heart and what he feels of life. The bridge is about to start, there's a close-up of Amedeo, he's looking at the camera - kind of, it looks as though he couldn't even face the came, as he tries to falsify the watchers when in actual fact, he is hiding his true emotions.

I'm tired now, I cannot breath.
The piano plays, I clench my teeth
The fear now burns deep in me.
I know no one who's a pianist.
It may seem dumb, I may be a fool,
I know, and I got this crap at school.
I know my fate, the fat lady sings it.
The trumpets come, they sound - my judgment's here.

As the next, and final chorus began, the horns and brass instruments sounded louder, as a crescendo happened in a fast pace. The camera moved slowly from one side to the other side, slowly and quite far away from the stage, so the viewer at home could see the whole stage and not just Amedeo on stage. However, Amedeo was sitting down - crossing his leg with his head in the palms, in the grasps of his head, almost a nostalgic nightmare coming alive.

Parrot-talk, no?
I hear them calling...
They want to tuck me in, tight.
Their voices sharp like a knife...

The song ended and you could hear that he was crying, and as the piano started to get louder, the other instruments started to drown out and fade away, the colour of the stage and it ended up grey before turning a horrible grey colour. "Thank-you" he said wiping his face and walking off the stage as the crowd cheered and the viewers at home were treated to the postcard of Polkopia.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:19 pm

07. Polkopia
Branka Larisa - Not Me
Language: English

The 48th Worldvision Song Contest is the third contest in a row where Branka Larisa was selected to participate for the Allied States of Polkopia with the song, Not Me. Unfortunately, this is only the first time she had ever gotten to perform it. The first time, which took place during the 46th Worldvision Song Contest in Antahbrantahstan, the PNB had decided to withdraw from the contest, due to political reasons, citing that the voting was strictly political and did not have to do with the quality of the songs. The following edition, which took place in Ekoz, the Polkopian broadcaster had to withdraw yet again for unspecified reasons. Branka Larisa had been selected to participate in both of these editions of the Worldvision Song Contest, but never had the chance to perform. Now, in Talvezout, she will finally have the chance to perform her song, "Not Me".

The stage started out completely dark and nothing was visible. The performance of Britonisea had just ended and now it was Polkopia's turn. At the first note, the outer rings on background of the stage slowly faded into a solid gold color. As the trumpet sounds played, four spotlights were trained on four men dressed in all different color outfits (Red, purple, green, and blue), where two were on the elft of the stage and two on the right. They each held a trumpet in their hands and mimicked the sound that the background music played. As they played, they slowly walked up the the front of the stage.

Once the trumpets stopped playing, the four men removed the trumpet from their mouths, jumped and kicked out, in what seemed like the beginning of a folk dance, before turning around and heading the the back of the stage where they couldn't be seen. Branka was now seen walking up in between where the four men were, her arms outstretched and flashing a toothy grin the the crowd. She wore a white dress, and a flower crown was placed atop her head. She stopped in the middle of the stage, held the microphone up to her face, and started singing.

I have never seen the world, never crossed the border.
Told myself I was sick of seeing this picturesque disorder.
Wanted nothing more than to see more of what's out there.
To meet new people and see what there was to see.

The background, while still predominately dark, lit up with golden stars draped on a night sky. As Branka sang the chorus though, lights shot across the stage floor of different shades of blue, gold, and white.

Meek and fearful?
Not me, not me.
Happy doing nothing?
Not me, not me.
She who let's her dreams die?
Not me, not me.
To settle for less?
Not me, not me.

Not me!

The trumpeters all come back into view, playing their trumpets and walking up on the stage until they're even with Branka. Right before the beat drops, they drop their trumpets in front of them and hold hands in a horizontal line. Once it drops though, the five of them do a series of complicated jumps and kicks in tune with the beat. Once it's almost time for her to sing again, the dancers retreat and Branka is left on stage all alone again.

Life is full of adventure, and I only want to see more
This need is something which I can no longer ignore.
Gonna go out and make something of my life.
But I'll be back one day, when my dream is achieved.

Meek and fearful?
Not me, not me.
Happy doing nothing?
Not me, not me.
Not me, not me.
To settle for less?
Not me, not me.

Not me!

The dancers return, and the five of them repeat the same dance as before. Once the dance is complete, the four men remain on stage and Branka pushes them to the ground one by one as she sings.

Meek and fearful?
Not me, not me.
Happy doing nothing?
Not me, not me.
Not me, not me.
To settle for less?
Not me, not me.

Not me!

Branka continues to dance by herself while the four men are on the ground behind her. One by one though they get up and join her, until all five of them are dancing again. The background now shows geometric patterns of all different colors. Hues of red, green, blue, yellow, purple, and anything in between fly across the background screen and LED floor as they finish up the dance. The five of them suddenly stop and Branka shoots her hand up in the air right when the song is ended.

"Thank you Talvezout!" She screams into the microphone before leaving the stage with her dancers.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

WorldVision 48 - Song 08 Mercedini

Postby Mercedini » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:09 am

08 Image Mercedini

Samuel Borlaviac - The Beat
Tune: Sigala ft. John Newman + Nile Rodgers - Give Me Your Love

Mercedini chose Samuel Borlaviac to be their first ever representative in WorldVision via an internal selection. The 19-year old singer-songwriter overcame over 5,000 entries to be chosen to compete at the WorldVision Song Contest in Phoda, Talvezout. His song, titled "The Beat" is an upbeat dance track and was written and co-produced by Sam which he will perform at the contest.

In an interview before WorldVision Sam said, "It's an honour to sing for my country and to put Mercedini's music on the world stage, I hope to do my country proud and bring joy and peace to the world. I hope people will embrace the beat and get up and dance when I perform my song on the stage.".

Sam also explained that he has put plenty of effort into his performance and has worked with the Mercedinian Delegation on graphics, lighting and choreography to concoct a winning performance in Talvezout

As the track started, Sam was illuminated in a sea of colours as he walked from the back of the stage to the front, microphone in hand. At this moment, he was all alone on the stage, only accompanied by the lights and colours around the stadium which was perfectly contrasted by the costume Sam was wearing (Black Skinny Jeans, White T-Shirt, White Trainers, Black Leather Biker Jacket)
As the music slows, the lights and the colours fade and a single spotlight is placed upon Sam's head. Smiling, and as the camera showed a close up of his face, he moved the microphone up to his mouth to start singing the first verse.

Tonight's the night where you take your chance
Get off your feet and then you start to dance
That when you know the beat is taking over you

A flash of light lights up the stadium, and lights on each side of the stadium begin to flash in sync with the music as Sam looks into the camera and puts his hand on his chest. The camera looking onto the stage is almost blocked by a sea of fans waving their flags. Sam starts to tap his foot as the beat starts to kick in.

So get on the floor, You feel it,
Give it your all, It's beating,
Get on the floor, You need it.
Oh, oh yeah. Oh yeah

Sam steps black as four dancers join him from the back of the stage. More lights in the centre of the stage begin to flicker as the tempo increases. Sam and the four dancers form a line and, uniformly, strike the same pose with one hand behind their backs and fist in the air (Sam just keeps one hand behind his back while holding the mic).
The dancers move out to form a square shape on the stage with Sam in the centre. The strobing gets more intense as the tempo increases further.

Get on the floor, You feel it,
Get on the floor, You need it
Uh, uh yeah

When the music stopped, the arena went black with only Sam's face being illuminated by a single spotlight. He smiled as he said the main line of his song with the crowd cheering in the background.

Just feel The Beat in your bones!

As the beat drop kicks in, an explosion of colour and light fills the stadium as fire and sparks fly up from the stage. Sam + his dancers perform an elaborate dance routine in their formation, with Sam taking breaks from getting involved completely with the dance routine to sing the words to his song.
The camera films from the back of the stadium, with the audience dancing and waving their countries' flags as light flies out from the stage.

'beat in your bones

'beat in your bones

Uh, oh, yeah!

The mini-dance troupe changes formation into a arrow shape at the front of the stage, (with Sam at the front, once again). They continue their dance routine in their energetic fashion, as the second part of the chorus kicks in.

[instrumental]

'beat in your bones.

[instrumental]

The light dies down to keep just the colourful projection on the screen behind them. The dance troupe moves back to the rear of the stage to leave Sam on his own at the front. The cameraman moves onto the stage to have a close up with Sam, who sings into the camera and at the people at home.

Flying high and getting on your feet
You're being conquered by that groovy beat
Bouncing up and down 'cause there's no stopping you, oh yeah

The dance troupe returns and Sam urges the audience to get off their seats to dance and wave their flags. Sam and the Dancers fist-bump and high five each other as the walk to the front of the stage in a diagonal line formation, from the front to the back (with Sam at the front, once again). Sam looks out at the audience and sings to them as the lights illuminate the audience.

So get on the floor, You feel it,
Get on the floor, You need it.
Oh, oh yeah.

As Sam lets the beat kick in once again. Sparks and fire fly from the stage once again as Sam and his dancers give another energetic dance performance on the stage. The camera shows a wide shot of the stage with all 5 performers spread out and perfectly dancing in sync, with many flags waving in the foreground.

Just feel the beat in your bones!

'beat in your bones

'beat in your bones

Uh, uh, yeah

The style of dance has changed to suit the second part of the chorus. Each performer is performing a small solo dance one after the other with lights continuing to flash from the stage. Sam points to random places to the audience as he sings his lines.

[instrumental]

'beat in your bones.

[instrumental]

Sam turns his back on the audience to face the camera that is facing the crowd, Sam put his hand on his heart and he sings into the camera. Sam uses the slower part of the song to have a break from all the dancing, he seems out of breath as he sings the lyrics. The stage is darkened and only some colour is left on the stage. The light of the camera is used to illuminate Sam's face, which contrasts the darkness of the crowd.

Forget about those other times, baby
This is nothing like you've seen before
Now, it's time to get down
C'mon make me scream for more.

As soon as the beat kicks back in. Sam is walking down the catwalk as he is singing the final part of the song. He waves to the crowd and urges them to waves their flags. He does a couple of spins to take in the scope of this monumental occasion and to inject more energy into his performance. Once he gets to the connected island. He points to the camera and sings into it once again.

So, Get on the floor, You feel it,
Get on the floor, You need it
Uh, uh yeah

As Sam sings the final part of his song, he smiles to the camera while singing the lyrics. He turns his hand into a fist and punches the air in time with the music. He smiles as he looks into the audience.

Oh, you've got to feel it, feel it, yeah

Oh, you've got to feel it, feel it, yeah

As Sam sings the final line of his song, the lights and the colours fade once again to leave a single spotlight on his head, mirroring the beginning of the song. He looks into the camera and offers his hand as he sings.

As he sings the final word of his song, he strikes a familiar pose with one hand behind his back and a fist in the air. Sparks fly from the stage to signify the end of the song. The crowd goes wild. Sam takes a bow and thanks the crowd "Thank You Talvezout, Thank You so much!".
Last edited by Mercedini on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Zadiner
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:02 am

09 - Zadiner
WIP
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

IATA Member
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organisation
Proud South Pacifican
Zadiner/Zak for TSP Delegate!

Falatulu
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Falatulu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:01 am

10 - Falatulu
Born in the FFR, Performed and written by Jayden Greenwood
Tune: Born in the USA

Jayden Greenwood walked onto the WorldVision Stage with a guitar in hand and immediately began singing his song:

Born down in a mundane town
Grew up feeling so down
You end up bored when you can't do too much
And you spend your days dreaming of action

Born in the F.F.R.
I was born in the F.F.R.
I was born in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.

Then we got a thumper in power
So they put rifles in our hands
Sent us off to a foreign land
To go and kill the wicked godless man

Born in the F.F.R.
I was born in the F.F.R.
I was born in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.

Come back home to a broken land
Progressive lady says "Social Justice for Me, Not Thee"
Went down to see a businessman
He said "I'll Make Republica Great Again"

So I voted for him
He won, but our greatness is all gone

Down in the shadows of a once great land
Out by the monuments to great men past
I've lost all my liberty
But I ain't got nowhere to run or nowhere to go

Born in the F.F.R.
I was born in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.
I'm a doomed young man in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.
Born in the F.F.R.
I'm a hopeless young man in the F.F.R.

After the song, he walked off the stage quietly, preferring to let his song speak for itself...
Last edited by Falatulu on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breakaway island nation located to the south of the Free Republics

Champions: Cup of Harmony 66, Di Bradini Cup 28, Medal Count @ X Winter Olympics
2nd: World Cup 68, Di Bradini Cup 27, U-15 World Cup 8, Baptism of Iron 15
3rd: World Cup 71, Di Bradini Cup 29
Former Host: Winter Olympics, World Cup, CoH, BoF, WBC, World Bowl, WCoH, IBC, CR, CE, numerous others
Author: A Newcomer's Guide to NS Sports

The Republic Of Arkan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic Of Arkan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:58 am

OoC: There's actually no lyrics online for the song, so this is my attempt at the lyrics, in an original version. Oh boy.

11. The Republic of Arkan
Marko Revnov - The Lost
In the tune of "The Rising" by Sick Puppies

Image [align=center]The twenty year old Arkanian originally started singing at the age of four, when he joined the Arkan National Children's Choir. From then on, he was called a child protege, quickly becoming a major star in Arkanian music. His first album, titled "Beginnings", was released when he was sixteen. From then forward, he became on of the most known Arkanians. Aside from singing, Marko also has a career in modelling and acting.

Originally from the town of Uliv, Arkan, Marko Revnov was born into a family with seven other children, him the youngest. Forced to be the subject of many teasing at home, he, under the recommendation of his father, would go live with his grandparents in the city of Arkis. From there, he learnt about the National Children's Choir, joining them. The rest, as they say, is history.

The stage starts dark aside from a spotlight on Marko. Wearing a leather jacket, a red undershirt, and blue jeans, looking down. As the music starts, he slowly looks up, hard cam to the face.[/align]

The day is new/
The fight is old/
Preperation/
For this fight/
It's in our head/
This war is starting.

It's time to prep/
It's time to fight/
This our land, we try to hold/
We keep fighting.

At every drum, he takes a step, the floor lights up red, only at that spot. Standing at the middle of the island, he tugged the jacket down to his elbows, pulling them up as he starts singing again.

We keep on battling/
We keep on battling/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost/
(We are the Lost, now)/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost.

At this point, the stage's back light is lit up white, the floor looking concrete-esk. At this point, the band, a drummer, two guitarists, a keyboardist, and two backing vocals, are visible. Marko moved first to the right side of the island, then to the top, then to the left side, then back to the middle over the chorus, making an arch shape.

Unleash the rain/
Hear the horn/
We won't fall back, we'll return for more/
Want some of us/
We're here waiting.

At this point, he's back in the center of the island. Tossing the jacket into the crowd, he continued to sing, crouching down.

We keep on battling/
We keep on battling/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost/
(We are the Lost, now)/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost.

Almost the same as the chorus before, aside from the jacket. This time, he goes from left, to middle center, to right, then back to the starting position.

We keep on fightin/
We keep of fightin/
We keep of fightin/
We keep, we keep.

Slowly, he makes his way around the band, actually doing some keyboarding before he began singing again. The backdrop is now a sky blue color with a hill in the background. The floor is now a grassy-looking texture, seeming he's on a battlefield.

We keep on battling/
Cause we don't know when we gonna end/
The pool of blood/
Cause we are the lost/
(We are the Lost, now)/
(We are the Lost, now)/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost.

Slowly walking up the main stretch to the island again, he takes the verse/chorus thing slowly, staring forward, almost directing it to a camera facing him.

We keep on battling/
We keep on battling/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost/
(We are the Lost, now)/
Everyone keep up/
Cause we are the lost.

Reaching the center of the island, he then does the chorus, as he's done the last two times. This time, Middle center, then right, then middle.

We keep on fightin/
We keep of fightin/
We keep of fightin/
We keep, we keep.

Finally, he hits the end of the song, standing in the middle of the island. Grinning, he takes a bow, ending his show. "Thank you so much, WorldVision!" he says, walking off stage.
Last edited by The Republic Of Arkan on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoF - Round of 16
WGPC 14 - 16th Place

Population - A lot.
Capital City - Arkan City
Primary Sports - Ice Hockey, Soccer

American High School Student that does show choir. Someone leaning to the right side of the political spectrum.

South Bourbonstan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

12-South Bourbonstan

Postby South Bourbonstan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:10 am

12-South Bourbonstan

Ella And The Ocean - Just Go! (Jenifer-Les Jours Electriques)

South Bourbonstan, after years of deciding, finally has joined the contest! With this year's entrant, Ella And The Ocean with 'Just Go!'. Ella And The Ocean are culture icons in South Bourbonstan. All hailing from Bièreton City. United by music, the group released their first single,'What Is Love (Without You)', and came 10th in the charts.

The stage goes dark as the music begins.The stage background is a zig zag with each column either moving up/down.,
The stage lights come up as the audience can see the band, the camera focuses on Ella.
As the ‘pops’ are heard the cameras switch from side to side and finally back on Ella.

You give me hell,
But you don’t care,
You don’t really,
Hopes this rings a bell,

A wide shot of the band is shown.
It then moves to Ella as she moves across the stage.

I’ve waited for years,
To speak out,
To tell the actual story,
Now I’ll shout loud,
I’ll tell the whole world,
So everyone knows,
What you did,

The wind machine is turned on.
The lights flash as if there is a flickering light.
The stage goes black
The camera shifts to a low camera facing upwards.

At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
To just go,

Ella looks at an audience member as she says the last few lines.
The wind machine is turned off.
Ella does a little dance, including flicking her hair.
Every drum beat the background flashes either yellow or white.

I don’t care what you say,
It won’t get away,
From the truth,
The undeniable fact,
Go tell the world,
Go tell them all,
See how many will believe
You,

The wind machine is turned on, again.
The background goes black and the lights flicker again.

So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
To just go,

Paper is thrown into the wind machine.

To just go,
I’m not chained to you anymore,
I’m free,
And I don’t need you
I’m not chained to you anymore,
I’m free,
And I don’t need you
(Go, Go, Go)
And I don’t need you

Ella moves to the stage peninsula.
She dances.

(Go,Go,Go)
Aaaah, Just go!

Ella puts her fist in the air as the stage goes dark and then returns neutral.

The audience claps and Ella says "Thank You, Phoda!" and walks off stage
Last edited by South Bourbonstan on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
RED
AMBER
BLACK SPECIAL
BLACK
[WHITE]

TG me for a chat, It won't hurt.

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 am

13. ALINGHI FEDERAL-DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC

Song: Sei Tu
Artist: Christon Amelsen Hoire
Tune; https://youtu.be/aJISG67FjeM

The song tell a very sad event, in 5th January 2004, the king ordered to shoot against the manifestant peacifully in the central place, most of policemen and soldiers refuse to commit these crimes, but someone shoot and caused a massacre, over 1 000 was the deaths, the 5th January is the date that begin the Democratic Revolutuon, ended at 25th may with indiction of referendum by the king (some armed manifestants was entered in the palace). The 5th January the massacre is the theme of the song

The man was alone on a thin light line to illuminate the singer and around him are dark

Sei tu, sei tu [Are You, Are You]
l'uomo col fucil [the man with the rifle]
in cui ammazzò [who killed]
mille uomini o più... [one thousand men and more...]

Chissà il perche [I wonder why]
sarà stato il poter? [where was the power?}
per far ciò [To do this]
al tuo stesso popolo [to own people]

avendo il poter [you had the power]
ti credevi un dio [and you thought you a god]

An another the light show a violinist

per far ciò [To do this]

And in the darkness a man begin to do a melody

tutti scappavan [everybody running out]
e una strage ci fù... [and a massagre where was]

per far ciò [To do this]

and an another thin light shut on, but more shaply the public can see only the shaows of the people behind the singer

che ignoro [who ignore]
la nostra voce di libertà [the our voice of liberty]

per far ciò [To do this]

che verrà disarmato [what will disarmed]
da noi popolo... [by us, people]

per far ciò [To do this]

Suddently the all light went on, and the people behing the singer will show to the public and begin ti sing a chorus

in cui ammazzò [who killed]
mille uomini o più... [one thousand men and more...]

per far ciò [To do this]

che verrà disarmato [what will disarmed]
da noi popolo... [by us, people]

per far ciò [To do this]

at the finale the singer was alone and sing
Eri tu, Eri tu [were you, were you]
l'uomo col fucil... [the man with the rifle]

Hoire at the end of the song do a alingan mourning gesture, the tree finger salute, pressing his three middle fingers of his left hand to your lips and then hold them out to remember and respect to the over 1000 victims of 5th January Massacre) , and say thanks to the public
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:48 am

14. VETTRERA
Eliza Gentry - Go On...

Tune linked above

Eliza Gentry is coming off of a hot year in music. Her debut visual album, EVACUATION, earned her several wins at the Gemini Awards. The award show, which is separated into two categories (Critical Acclaim vs. Widespread Success), presented her with two awards. Gentry won Best New Artist (Critical), Best Visual Approach (Critical), and she scored a nomination for Acclaimed Album of the Year (Critical). Gentry was also nominated for Breakout Star (the Success equivalent to the Critical BNA category), but would lose. Now, Gentry will represent Vettrera as they hope to cement an official return to Worldvision.

"It's somewhat a mix of emotions, to tell you what" Gentry says. "Winning these critical awards is validation that I'm doing something right, but getting shafted in the Widespread Success category shows the split that currently exists in the Vettreran music industry. Those that define themselves as part of the "Underground" genre...you know: smaller labels, more creative control, less touring, etc...seem to focus more on critical acclaim. Those that are more mainstream seem to focus on sales, success, and celebrity. It's hard to be successful in both, and I think those that do become legends in Vettrera. Misty Adams (Vettrera's first Worldvision artist) definitely comes to mind. To me, Worldvision can open doors, and it can make your brand known.

I'll be performing 'Go On...', a track from my visual album. EVACUATION as an album was about this community of people that weather and try to rebuild after a hurricane devastates the area. The album is accompanied by a short-length movie . "Go On..." is the fourth track on the fourteen track album.

The song isn't what Vettrera usually enters sonically speaking, and it's a risk I'm glad everyone was willing to take. It's not a pop song, it's not a ballad, it's something totally different."

The stage is empty except for a large clear cube with an open top. A chair is placed inside of the cube, and only a single spotlight is present. Eliza suddenly appears wearing a black jumpsuit and harness. She opens the door into the cube and sits down on a chair inside. The spotlight now shines on her as she begins to sing.

I can still remember the day that they fled
With the gray skies above, and the clouds overhead
“There’s somewhere better out there for us now”
And as everyone went out to flee from their lives
Left their homes to the storm dodging what was behind
I stayed back, thinking I’d rather drown

Coming from above, the box suddenly begins to fill with water, mimicking the effect of rain.

Swept away by the power of the sea
Just tried to keep breathing, try to keep breathing

The water is still pouring down and is rising to the level of Eliza's waist. She continues to sing undeterred. As the song grows with intensity, as do her vocals.

With the city still empty of all signs of hope
I treaded against all that I’ve ever known
Screamed for relief, hoping the flood would go
Though I stayed moving on in spite of the urge
It’s hard to cling on amidst a growing surge
I just some way to get out , oh

The water stops briefly to focus on Eliza's vocals. The lights begin to flicker on and off to represent a power-outage. Even still, Eliza is still able to sing at almost the same ability as the beginning of the song.

Just tried to keep breathing, try to keep breathing

By the time this stanza ends, Eliza is up to her shoulders in water. The song becomes much more somber. The lights once again flicker to simulate a power-outage.

And as time passes on it gets harder to stay
And your spirit gets crushed under the weight
And I wonder if there’s a reason to go on
Cause even if I make it, all that I’ve known is gone

The water continues to pour as Eliza's voice becomes slightly muffled by the water.

Should I try to keep breathing, try to keep breathing

The lights go completely off. This part of the song is pre-recorded, and the lyrics start blasting from the left and the right sides of the stage. They simulate the thoughts and fears swirling around Eliza's head. Eliza is still not visibile at this point.

Just give up
Just give up
Just give up if you need to
If you need to give up
Just give up
Just give up
If you need to give up
Just give up
Just give up
If you need to give up
Just give up
Just give up

The lights turn back on and Eliza has found a way to exit the cage/cube. Her harness is off as she walks around the stage still dripping wet. Eliza belts out the final notes of the performance as the accompanying music grows in intensity. As the performance ends all the lights go off. Eliza can be heard screaming "Thank You Worldvision!"

Just give up if you need to ( I can go on)
If you need to give up
I can go on!
I can go on!
I can go on!
Oh, I can go on!
I can make it if I hold on! Oh,
Oh, I can go on! I can go on! I can…!
Last edited by Vettrera on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Ethane

Chris Harris - Fading
Tune

The next performer was announced. It was him. ''Chris Harris'' could be heard across the arena. He emerged on to the stage at the back, out of sight in the fog that hovered over the stage, in order to shroud his figure to begin the song. The applauding from the audience died down, and all the stage lighting that was on switched off, leaving the stage black and dark. The music started, and different coloured lights beamed on to the stage, in solid beams, uninterrupted, colouring the fog in different sections of the stage different colours. Chris Harris stepped forward, emerging from the fog, appearing clad in a white jacket and checkered shirt, with his hair combed back. As he began to sing, a spotlight shone on him, lighting him up, and the lights behind him, which were colouring the fog, started to move around, moving the section of coloured fog around the stage. The camera zoomed in on a close up of Chris, before panning out.

We used to have love but it wasn’t enough,
What was between us very soon died off,
Love, love, love.
Now when I walk past you I hold my breath,
If I didn’t, I would cry over the way you left,
Love, love, love.

The coloured lights behind him turn off, leaving the stage behind him dark and gloomy. On the screen at the back of the stage, coloured slabs which appeared to cover the screen like bricks slowly began to topple down. A man and woman dancer appeared behind each him, with the woman pushing the man away, but the man trying to get back to the woman, much like the relationship is portrayed in the song. Chris Harris is rooted on the spot, with the microphone in a stand, singing passionately into the microphone, moving his hands about in sharp jerks. The camera's came in from a side angle, and Chris stole a glance or two as it swung round the front of him from one side of the stage to the other.

You know that I loved you,
And I still do,
But you do not no more,
You had to go leave me,
You Deceived me,
I wish you never did.

A white flashing light switched on and off on the beat of the drum, a harsh, bright light, filling the stage with light. The coloured slabs on the back screen continued to topple, with all of them having fallen off the screen by the end of the chorus to reveal a dark void swirling. Chris Harris picked the microphone up out of the stand for the chorus and began to walk around the front of the stage, occasionally stopping in front of a group of fans and singing to them. The camera's started off zoomed out with an overview of the whole stadium, but zoomed in towards the middle of the chorus, before switching to an on-stage camera, which circled around Chris Harris, of which Chris followed round in a twisting motion, while the dancers continued to dance around him, the woman pushing the man away and the man seeming solemn and low.

What you never had when you lost the sight
Of the person who cared for you day and night
We were in love but it’s fading fading.
You never thought of my feelings,
All I ever found was that you’re cheating,

The white flashing light is replaced by a solid white spotlight, along with the conventional lighting on the stage already. Chris Harris moves back towards centre-stage slowly, while the dancers start this section close together, but slowly move away from each other, like they are reaching out to each other, but can't reach and just keep getting further away. As this section progresses, the lights slowly fade, so that by the end of the chorus, there is not a single spot of lighting left on in the arena, creating an eerie dark atmosphere, when there is practically no music in the gap between this section and the next. The camera first focuses on the dancers, before switching to Chris halfway through from a side angle, before switching back to a direct look on from the front for the last part of this section, with both Chris and the dancers in the shot.

Fading, fading.
Fading, fading.
Fading, fading.

The lights suddenly come on for the chorus, lighting up everything once again. Chris Harris once again emerges from the fog as he starts singing the verse, for dramatic effect. The coloured lights are turned on to light up the fog in different colours again, moving around the stage to create a swirl like effect. The coloured slabs on the back screen begin to be put back in place again, completely built up by the end of this section. The dancers have disappeared into the darkness of the fog. The camera first comes in from the side, passing in front of him, before switching to a direct on panning out camera, which slowly reveals an excited audience dancing away and cheering below.

My life with you was not the best,
You were at home less and less
I wondered where you were
You filled the void in my life,
All I got now is this knife,
I waited for you all night.

The coloured lights were switched off again, leaving a stage devoid of life and colour. The coloured slabs that had built up on the screen began to tumble again, falling down one by one, slowly picking up pace, much like they did earlier. The dancers appear again, carrying out the same routine as earlier. Chris is walking around the stage, pacing himself, as if he is really stressed and passionate about what he is singing, with the emotion that can be heard in his voice. The camera circles around him, before focusing on the audience at the end of the pre-chorus.

You know that I loved you,
And I still do,
But you do not no more,
You had to go leave me,
You Deceived me,
I wish you never did.

As with the last chorus, the white flashing light appears once again to the beat, and the coloured slabs increase the pace of falling off the screen at the back of the stage, appearing to be complete at the end of the chorus. The dancers continue the same routine they had been doing, and more fog was released. Fireworks were released at the end of this section. The cameras start off with a close up of Chris singing the song, before switching to a panned out, direct view for just before the fireworks go off at the end of the chorus.

You never thought of my feelings,
All I ever found was that you’re cheating,

The dancers begin to fade as they did before in the previous chorus, and the lights begin to fade out at a slow rate. The white flashing light is replaced by a solid white light, which is fading. Chris continues to walk around the stage, breaking away from the cycle from the previous chorus, where he moved back to the centre. However, the lights do not completely fade out, ready for the next chorus, where they jump straight back up to full intensity again, as at the start of previous choruses.

Fading, fading.

Chris Harris and the dancers are practically bouncing around at this stage, continuing their same routines, but in a much more lively, energetic manner. The flashing white light does come back on, and the coloured lights also come on, to differ from previous choruses. As Chris Harris jumped around the stage, to the applause of the audience, the camera followed just in front of him, keeping a close up on him.

Blown away in the cold harsh winds of hate,
I suppose what happened you could call it fate,

The same process in these types of sections was carried out, with all the lights fading out slowly, until they were all faded out at the end of the chorus. The camera panned out, taking a full arena perspective of the audience dancing around, and Chris moving back towards the centre, with the dancers continuing to move away from each other, but also moving off stage. By the end of this section, the whole arena is once again pitch black, apart from the lights that the fans have.

Fading, fading.
Fading, fading.

A solitary spotlight turned on, shining on Chris, who was standing centre-stage, with the microphone back in the stand. No other lights were on, as the song was in a calm ending stage, and the crowd had become subdued. As the music finished, all the lights dropped out, The camera was close up on Chris, giving an intimate feel to the final moments of the song.

All the conventional lighting on the stage and the arena turned back on, and Chris Harris remained centre stage. ''Thank you Phoda, thank you Talvezout, and thank you the world!'' Chris shouted into the microphone, before departing the stage to rapturous applause.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

16. | Ekoz | Jai Gotteman - Story To Be Told

Postby Ekoz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Jai Gotteman, 18, is the youngest ever Ekozian representative at the WorldVision Song Contest. Following the controversial MelodieFestivålen abdication of Sam & Anja, the actual winners of the contest, the STE decided it would be unfair to send a runner up and instead internally selected Jai Gotteman. Gotteman recently finished second in Talang 2016, and has released a single that reached the top 5 within the Ekoesestoplistann. He is currently recording his debut album and has a huge following within Ekoz and online. He will represent Ekoz with his self-written song 'Story To Be Told'.

The LED screen projects the above image. As the music kicks in, Jai is standing centre stage on a bare stage with only the huge LED screen behind him. Jai looks directly into the camera holding out his hand to the audience and lens.

You know we can't just stay here,
Don't succumb to all of your fear,
The opportunity to break free from this battered, old town,
I know you're gon' be nervous,
Isn't that why we have trust,
Just take my hand and we can leave this place without a trace,

The camera pans to the left revealing Jai's side profile and reveals a part of the audience. He looks into the lens whilst singing into the microphone. As he sings "all the things we can achieve" the camera pans around Jai fullying, showing the audience before panning back to the centre of the stage and back to Jai. The LED projection changes to an image of a desert.

Oh-oh, baby we can do so much, so much.
Oh-oh, take me by the hand and rush,
Oh-oh, think of all the things we can achieve,
to be acheived...

The LED background of the desert moves in realtime, as if Jai and the audience are on a journey. As he sings the chorus, orange and yellow light beams from each side of the stage roll upwards creating a pyramid around Jai. Throughout the chorus, the lighting brightens up.

Baby, we don't know whats in the sky,
But don't you wanna know and find out why,
A world so beautiful to the eye,
A story to be told,
Plains of land with so much history,
Ancient cultures; so much mistery,
A world unseen, share the memory,
A story to be told.

As the instrumental starts, the camera pans behind Jai showing the audience. The entire audience are given LED wristbands that are lit up, revealing a sea of white light in the audience. Ekozian flags can be seen in a sea of competing flags. The camera pans back to Jai, who is seen dancing and bopping around the centre of the stage, whilst smiling and looking into the camera.

A story to be told,
A story to,
A story to,
A story to be told,
A story to,
A story to,
A story to
A story to be told.

Jai takes the microphone from the stand and begins to walk down the stage. The LED screen still remains as a desert. Behind Jai, two pairs of dancers are revealed at each side of the stage in nude coloured outfits. The begin interpretive dance at the back of the stage.

Our journey's just beginning,
together; always winning,
we'll take a chance to realise what's there on our horizon,
And as we move together,
I'll know it's for forever,
No way of knowing where we'll end up or what we'll discover.

Jai moves the microphone stand away and runs back to the centre stage before the chorus starts. As the chorus starts, the two pairs of dancers stand behind Jai in a pyramid formation with Jai at the front. They then begin a relaxed, contemporary dance routine that fits to the beat of the music. The crowd cheer as Jai smiles while he sings and dances. He is seen looking cheekily into the camera, gazing deeply whilst singing "a story to be told".

A story to be told,
Ancient cultures; so much mystery,
A story to be told.

Jai and the backing dancers begin a more rigourous, tribal-like dance routine as the instrumental break starts. He is seen smiling and "wooing" into the microphone whilst dancing. Again, the camera pans around the arena showing close-ups and zoomed out visuals of the stage and the performance.

A story to be told,
A story to,
A story to,
A story to be told,
A story to,
A story to,
A story to
A story to be told.

As the music beings to slow down and the dupstep-esque inspired part of the song begins, the stage dims, including the LED screen revealing dark blue/white lighting around the stage. The dancers crowd behind Jai and begin dancing around him.

Somewhere, out there, is our, dest-iny-yyy.
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh oh.

As the music begins to build again, the lighting slowly beings to brighten up revealing lighter, yellow and orange colours. More dancers begin to appear from both sides of the stage in nude costumes. The camera zooms out from Jai's upper torso to reveal his entire body and the rest of the stage.

Fly, baby you and I were born to fly,
High,flying up above so high, so high.
I, wouldn't wanna be with no one else,

On the first beat of the chorus, the stage goes completely black and dark. A huge pyrotechnic explosion is seen from the top of the stage and yellow and orange powder paint explodes from both sides of the stage falling in and around the stage. Within the powder paint, a huge crowd of dancers are dancingbehind Jai, who is jumping and dancing with them whilst looking into the camera. A huge roar from the audience can be heard as orange/yellow confetti is also released onto the immediate audience from the roof of the arena.

A story to be told,
Ancient cultures; so much mystery,
A story to be told.

On the final sentence, the camera zooms back in on Jai's face, who is covered in powder paint and smiling. He looks irresistibly into the camera revealing his white smile whilst singing the final words. Afterwards, he shouts "Jasssss" into the micrphone and begins to hug his dancers"

A story to be told.

Jai: Thank-you Talvezout! Thank-you WorldVision!
Last edited by Ekoz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

17| Estogium | Ellie Morgent - "Healer"

Postby Estogium » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:41 pm

#17 Estogium
Ellie Morgent - "Healer"
Tune : Molly Sandén - "Youniverse"
Ellie Morgent during rehearsals singing "Healer"

Ellie Morgent is a girl from Darlington, the Capital of Estogium. She is only 21 years old and was born April 16th. Ellie Morgent is quite new to the music scene. She wanted to be a singer ever since she started to watch "Mehlodhifehstivalhen: Britonisea" which inspired her to represent Estogium in one way or another. She didn't mind whether it be a regional contest or World Hit Festival or even WorldVision Song Contest. When she was given the right to represent Estogium at the World Hit Festival, she said "I am really please to send the song "Healer" to the World Hit Festival - especially as it will help me improve my stage presence. I would love this opportunity not to be my last!"

Unfortunately for her, she didn't get the result she wanted in Caen, Normandy and Picardy which led to calls to leave the World Hit Festival and let Ellie Morgent go to WorldVision Song Contest for a more accurate result given to her. "I felt as though I did my best in Caen," She said to ENTV, the WorldVision Broadcaster for Estogium. "I really did my best. I hoped we won win the contest and get our first song contest in Estogium's borders...But it wasn't meant to be" she said. "I will try my best next in WorldVision, making those little tweaks, as I really want to win for Estogium. Our highest place is not a podium finish - I want this to become a reality."

Ellie stood there wearing this white robe on. She looked glorious on stage - but she just stood there. The camera slowly came closer to her as the stage filled up with smoke. After the stage floor was covered with smoke. The song started - by this time. The camera was on a close up to her. The music started and the crowd quietened.

Look down, deep inside.
Tell me what is right.
Follow the light, or follow my soul.

As the camera zoomed out, you could see that dancers - dressed like Ellie - came out on stage and started to circle around her, however, they were on a lower level than her - almost crawling on the floor...hidden by the misty fog though still very visible. The crowd didn't notice the dancers first time, but as they could see a disturbance on the stage they began to notice them.

Thoughts messed in my mind.
I can't realise,
Where I'm going, where I'm heading

The aura in the arena was one of a calm one - the audience didn't cheer, though they just watched the spectacle on stage unfold before their eyes. As the dancers began to rise and the smoke machines stopped "smoking." Ellie broke away from the circle of dancers near to the edge of the stage. And as the stage's screen corresponded with the colours Ellie was wearing, you could start to see that the floor under her had a picture of the universe.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

The camera shot looked from top to bottom and Ellie looked up at the camera. Meanwhile, the floor of the stage was of someone's hand clutching Ellie and therefore, she curled up in to a small ball. As she was down she started to whisper the lyrics to her song. As soon as the chorus was about to start, she jumped up to face the front of a chanting audience.

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dreaming.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

When she sang "Bomb" and "Gone" a large white flash was transported from the stage to the arena. At this moment of time, the camera was focused on Ellie and she looked deep in to the camera. As the chorus progressed, the stage was flashing the purest white light in to the audience. It almost looked like a lot of thunder and lightning happening at once. The fan machines were cranked up a notch higher making her hair flourish back alongside the wind.

Unmissable, you are.
You are my guiding star.
You're unique,
You are sublime,
Unmissable, yes, yes, you are...

The dancers got a white sheet, a very large sheet and the fan machine blew them up in to the sky creating this, to describe it well, white flame. The camera focused on the sheets before zooming out on to her, where she was looking in to the camera.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

As she pointed to the camera, "you" the dancers in the back stretched out to the person adjacent to them. Ellie Morgent walked fowards, more towards the camera, and she smiled before singing the next part to her song. The lights flickered as she began;

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dreaming.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

The stage was dark now. Nothing. It was empty with all but one spotlight on her. She had her head to the stage floor and she started to sing, building in dynamic as she sung every word. You could hear the crowd cheering in the background. Her hair was swept back by the fan machines. The camera watched the next happenings from a far. Then, she stood in the middle of the stage, and in the back, you could see that she was standing in front of an empty Car Lott which was one above on a high level. She raised her hands up in to the sky as, what seemed like, little pearl sparkles started to form a circular shape between her left and her right arms which she raised in the air.

Healer
Ooh-Healer, My savior. Savior-oh!

As she sang this part of the song, A similar effect which is in the video happened on the WorldVision stage. As she sang "Savior-oh," white beams shot up in to the sky from the floor of the stage, creating a spectacular, amazing sight as she bent her body over, squeezing her stomach tightly with pain, trying to reach the note that she really wanted - at the climax point of the song.

Bleeding out - No way out!
You are my doctor, You are my healer.

After a climax point, the stage turned blue and calmed down. It was similar to the start of the song. Just calm and a tranquil - a total contrast to what just happened. If you could hear closely, you would notice that there was a waterfall in the background trickling. It was off stage, though, and therefore that was the reason why you couldn't see it. The lights faded away as the spotlight focused on her, the main person on the stage.

No time to lose, No time to wait
Gone is my fate, I can't be late...
My healer,
You and I

As she said "You" she pointed down the camera and she held that position until the song finished. "Thanks, everyone! Thanks so much!" She smiled and bowed. She thought that this was a more confidence performance than the one at the World Hit Festival.

Last edited by Estogium on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm

OOC: All Hebrew is romanised to save space, 'Ch' represents the 'ħ' phoneme, 'Kh' represents the 'x' phoneme.

18. Kishrael - קשראל
Liora - Chabibi (My Love)
ליאורה - חביבי

Language: English, Hebrew

To the Tune Of - Ronela Hajati - Amini

Kishrael returned to the WorldVision scene after an extended hiatus, sending Jeda Bari and achieving a reasonable 6th place with an up-tempo pop ballad. This year Kishrael was maintaining the 'pop' vibe but going in a more mainstream direction with the song from Liora, a young Kishraeli singer who through this song is making her big break into the international music scene. The song is a generic pop song about passion and love, which is considered suited to the current WorldVision scene. Some have called it Kishrael's best chance at victory in a long time, but Liora has been more conservative, stating that 'anything in the top ten would be a really nice result'. Liora won the right to represent Kishrael by placing first in Kdam WorldVision, the traditional Kishraeli selection process which to date, has produced two Kishraeli winners. After receiving both a titular revamp and a lyrical one the new finished product was ready. The song had performed well in the charts and in the week leading up to WorldVision sat at number #5, being certified Gold after selling 40,000 copies.

The stage was dark, save for two large (about 2.5 metres high) pillars with steps leading to iron braziers at the top, which were both burning brightly. They stood above a pit of water, which at the moment remained still, undisrupted. A smaller column which was wider was in the centre, on which Liora was lying with the two other female dancers and backing vocalists. As the music starts the stage begins in a dull grey with colour scattering through the stage, lights above moved in random direction almost searching for Liora. As she begins to sing, the background turns more golden and the spotlight shines on her. Now we can also see four amphora dotted around the large water pit which is shown to encompass most of the stage. Liora is wearing an outfit similar to this. Her backing dancers were dressed similarly, save for less golden embellishments, they had plainer white costumes, still in a classical style. Liora begins singing holding the microphone up to her mouth, but the camera providing a profile view of her whole body, as she leans forward, sat down, while her backup dancers recline as they sing the opening backing vocals. Liora does not look at the camera as she sings.

(Mmm ayeee)

The thunder growls
Howling eternity
White glistening
Particles rain down
And even when it's not okay I know we'll make it okay
Even when it's not okay I know that we are okay

At this point Liora sits up and faces the camera, before sliding down into the water. As she sings her and her backing dancers do a simple routine where they move to a profile position while keeping their faces to the camera, and moving their shoulders and hips while kicking the water, creating a visible splashing effect.

Over the drums are you hearing me
Beating signals through your heartbeat
Chabibi, Chabibi bo iti (My love, my love come with me)
Chabibi, Chabibi ten et zeh li (My love, my love, give it to me)

At this the backing dancers go behind the pillars out of sight as Liora flirts with the camera, and streams of water come from the ceiling in a circle around her. She spins her hair making it slightly wet, creating a 'sexy' effect. The background is still golden, but gives the impression that it is moving forward during this instrumental interlude. As she then sings the verse, she walks up onto the pillar with her backing dancers both holding one of the amphora, they smash it releasing wine onto the brazier which ignites the fire more as Liora sings beside, staring forward unphased by the flames, before it extinguishes due to the moist wood it is burning on. A pathway extends out onto the next pillar and the two dancers carry over the other amphora, and remain on that side, dancing next to the lighted brazier.

Come more close, we can share our sins
Mouth to mouth, and body on me
And even when it's not okay I know we'll make it okay
Even when it's not okay I know that we are okay

Liora comes down the stairs back into the water for the chorus, standing in the centre of the stage, this time water only appears on her left hand side, in a straight line which creates an interesting effect for the camera as Liora is static with a wide gate next to a fluid waterfall, which is also very rigid. As the instrumental part comes on, Liora sinks into the water, going on her hands and knees creating a sensual show for the viewer as she spins her hair and flirts with the camera.

And when everything is said and done
We'll come together coalesce as one
Chabibi, Chabibi bo iti (My love, my love come with me)
Chabibi, Chabibi ten et zeh li (My love, my love, give it to me)

Singing the final verse and chorus Liora is lying down in the water, her hair splayed out and fluid around her in the water. The camera adopts an angle above her and focuses in on her face as she looks directly down the camera.

Throw your bomb from afar, strike me, strike me, strike me
Because when we are done, love me, love me, love me

Liora then sits up, then stands and walks through the water onto the front of the stage which is dry. She sings the final chorus from a frontal standing position, before the instrumental part kicks in. At this two holograms begin moving with Liora at the same time, creating an interesting a visually stunning effect (OOC: Armenia 2016).

This burning fire will not abandon me
My heart ignites its an emergency
Chabibi, Chabibi please tell me
Chabibi, Chabibi you want it in which way?

As the song ends the camera zooms in on Liora's face, the three holograms create an almost 'trippy' effect. As the final backing vocals are sung out only half her face is shown, focused on her eyes. The final notes of the song are payed and the three holograms unite into Liora's true eye. She winks as the song ends. The camera then shows the whole stage as she shouts 'Thank you Phodra, I love you!"

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:31 pm

19 Missus X

Rick Leg - "Misses Eggs"
Tune: Divine - "Walk Like A Man"

There had been lots of talk in the media before the contest that after 14 participations, with only one top ten finish to show for it, that Rick Leg needed to live up to his name.

Unfortunately, Rick took this statement VERY literally, and so as the music started Rick entered on a horse-drawn chariot on a giant pair of stilts, which were wearing trousers, socks, and shoes. Mr Leg really had delivered this time.

The horse, however, didn't know where it was going, and dragged Rick around the stage rather aimlessly, and as it was nigh-on impossible for him to turn around in his stilts, he ended up starting the song by singing towards the back of the stage.

On the stage with Rick was a coconut shy, or, rather, an egg shy, because the coconuts had been replaced with eggs, as Rick's religion forbids coconuts. At the very back of the audience was an overweight man carrying a sack of golf balls, and Rick sang:

Oh, how he tried
To throw it in his eyes
Hitting everybody's face
But he's a barber
At least in normal parlance
But he just cannot, can't stop,
He always

The man starts throwing golf balls at the coconut/egg shy. He never hits any of the eggs. Instead, golf balls start going everywhere, hitting audience members, the operator of the shy, Rick's right stilt, and the horse's penis.

Misses Eggs
Misses Eggs
Misses Eggs again and again
No man is safe
His throwing isn't great
He Misses Eggs a lot...

Unsurprisingly, this puts the horse off its task, and so it gallops around the stage and divebombs into the audience, causing Rick to fall face first into the audience front row, now only wearing his underwear, as the horse gallops around the stage with the giant, trousered stilts still attached to it... but the trousers have now fallen around the ankles of them. Thankfully, the man has stopped pelting golf balls, so the audience scream and run for their lives for fear of being of being trampled on by a horse.

Rick bravely continues.

Faster, baby
Quicker is the way-be
Got to hit an egg somehow
Soon he'll be crying
Because he keeps on trying
Although, when I'm looking at his form,
He always

And then the man pelts golf balls at - well, I say "at", but they go nowhere near - the egg shy, and all hell breaks loose. Audience members are down and still running around. Rick is nowhere to be seen. The horse has escaped. The only person who is where he was 90 seconds ago is the egg shy operator, despite obtaining two black eyes and a huge swelling on his head.

Misses Eggs
Misses Eggs
No man is safe
His throwing isn't great
He Misses Eggs a lot...

A giant egg then appears on the stage. But no one's noticed. Gradually, people realise the horse has escaped, and see Rick cowering behind the egg shy. Certain members of the audience notice that he has only got underwear on his bottom half, depending on where they are sat.

Unfortunately, the golf-ball pelting continues. Rick is, ironically, in the safest place.

Eggs...
Eggs...
Eggs...
Eggs...

During the instrumental, the horse, complete with chariot and stilts, manages to burst back into the arena. It heads for the giant egg, leaping onto the stage. However, it's forgotten it's pulling a chariot, and chariots don't tend to jump very well. So the horse falls backwards off the stage. It then gets a golf ball lodged up its bottom by another wayward through. After that, the man stops temporarily whilst he rearranges his balls, and Rick emerges from behind the desk to sing:

Oh, how he tried
To throw it in his eyes
Hitting everybody's face
But he's a barber
At least in normal parlance
But he just cannot, can't stop,
He always

The reprieve is short-lived - the man starts up again, pelting balls, most of which this time hit the giant egg.

Misses Eggs
Misses Eggs
No man is safe
His throwing isn't great
He Misses Eggs a lot...

The horse, disturbed at its embarrassment of having fallen off the stage and having a golf ball stuck up its bum, goes completely mental and decides to try to attack the golf-ball thrower. He then runs away, ceasing the endless pounding of golf balls, and as the music fades out, Rick notices that the chariot has detached and remounts onto his "Rick Leg-s", before removing the stilts from the chariot and walking away.

The egg shy operator still stands on the stage and has to be cleared off by security.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 pm

20. Darkmania

Tune:Jason Derulo- Chyeene

This is a pic, showing him in his "Guitarplay" Video from 2011.

After a "fantastic" debut last year, Darkmania and her newly remaned DaTV sends Christer Lockmik.
Christer Lockmik, born April 20 1977 is Darkmanias "king of the artists". He first enterd the Darkmania Hot 100 in 1993 when his hit song “Karkma” (Stone) topped the chart and stayed there for 10 weeks. Since then, he has sung both in Darkmanian and English, becoming one of the most popular singers in Darkmania, He also had aleast one song in top 5 EVERY YEAR, becoming one of the most popular singers in Darkmania.

The music begins to play as he is singing "THISSSSS TIMMMEEEEEEEE"

Camera pans over the adience waing the flags of the countries in this years edision.

"THISSSSS TIMMMEEEEEEEE" once more.

Camera cuts to the artist singing whit his mic in a microhonestand. And he begin singing in his well known voice.

I`m hope that i gonna win your soul
Even if i cant do it now
Every song that i sing
Every song that i sing it
I don’t know why you glows my soul, so

Let me win. Now! Let me sing this.
No, I can't stop now

Let’s make you do it, right now
I know this song isnt best
`Cause I just wanted to do it
I`m gonna hope

I hope I gonna to it now
I hope I gonna to it no-ow
I hope I gonna to it now

This Time, gonna take this whit me
Guess you couldn't make it
Thought I hoped that win it
Mabye stay forever
I still believe that night we shared was something sacred
I'm trying to clear my head, but

Let me win. Now! Let me sing this.
No, I can't stop now

I`m gonna hope

I hope I gonna to it now
I hope I gonna to it now

This Time, This Time
This Time, This Time

Let me run this show like i did back home
Do not even try to stop me now

I`m gonna hope

I hope I gonna to it now
I hope I gonna to it now

This Time, This Time
This Time

The audience claps as he bows and saing "Thank you Talezout"
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:02 am, edited 8 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Lupolska
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lupolska » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 am

21 - LUEPOLA
Ksenya Küryanskaya - Brave
Languages: English, Luepolan

After twice submitting to the contest and being forced to bail out of it by external factors, the Federation of Luepola has finally made its way into the WorldVision song contest. After a lengthy internal selection process, the Luepolan Television Corporation has selected Ksenya Küryanskaya (Luepolan: Ксеня Кюряньская) to represent the Federation in the song contest. The music for the contest was composed by the members of the band Zvukobrotniki, who will also provide on-stage backup singers, visuals, and instrument performances, while the lyrics were penned by Ksenya herself. Per the contest drawing, Ksenya has found herself near the very middle of the show, at position number twenty-one.

Following the Darkmanian contestant's performance, the stage had returned to the pitch black. As the music began, a collection of dim, purple spotlights shone on the various members of the band, who had assumed positions with their instruments and props prior under the cover of the darkness. The band members bobbed their heads slightly to the beat, while waiting for the first line to start.

As the opening instrumental died down, another dim spotlight, this one colored blue, shone on Ksenya, standing at the front of the stage behind a microphone on its stand. Her head bowed, she eagerly waited for the moment when she would begin her own portion of the act. Just before her verse, she looked up to face the crowd. Unfazed, she began her verse.

Clutching to a memory
You decided you’d had enough of me
Abandoned at the open sea
The anvil fell down on me

Ksenya paused to take a breath- a larger one than what she managed to fit in between each line.
I wanted to get away
But I met you that fateful day
And I knew things were changing

She gripped the mic as she took in an even larger breath, ready to project her voice for the chorus. As the chorus began, the blue light abruptly transitioned into a red one, and a combination of purple spotlights and red floor & wall projections displaying nondistinct patterns lit the entirety of the stage.
I’ll be brave
Brave
Always brave
I’ll give my whole life to you

One of the members of the band played a short tune on his wind instrument. Ksenya then delivered the second half of the chorus. Under the adrenaline of singing in front of the audience of thousands, her reserved, calm face that she had rehearsed so many times gave way to one of the largest grins she had remembered giving.
I’ll be brave
Brave
If you promise this love is true
I’ll give my whole life to you

Ksenya pulled the mic off the stand and began to walk to the left of the stage as she continued into the second verse. The stage once again subdued itself into the blue and purple it showed. The projections remained, though their patterns had turned blue.

Oh, how much I did despair!
Everything I held dear, turned to thin air
I told myself I wouldn’t care
The anvil fell down on me

I wanted to get away
But I met you that fateful day
And I knew things were changing

The stage transitioned back to its brighter, fiery red. Ksenya walked back to the right of the stage.
I’ll be brave
Brave
Always brave
I’ll stay strong and fight for you
I’ll be brave
Brave
Can you promise me, this is true?
And love me, whatever you do

As Ksenya prepared to enter the bridge of the song, she could barely contain her excitement as she began to sing in her native language. The stage once again transitioned to blue. She walked around the stage, standing next to and facing a different band member with each line she sang.
Та он кто пудішь спеть мни?
Та пудішь дать люпо мни?
Никогта оствелішь мни…
Ta on kto pudish spet mni?
Ta pudish dat lipo mni?
Nikogta ostvelish mni

The stage began to transition to its red once more- this time, though, the transition was much slower, designed to last over the duration of the buildup to the final chorus. Ksenya sauntered to the front of the stage once more.
Я готіля побрагу
И латю ктета далеку
Ню та преџіль и спель міна
Ya gotila pobragu
I latyu kteta daleku
Ni ta prejil i spel mina

As the final chorus began, the stage and the spotlights flared to maximum brightness. Standing in place on the right-hand side of the stage, Ksenya blasted through the final chorus, practically screaming as she sang the penultimate line in the chorus. She raised her free hand to the ceiling, feeling as though she could bask in the spotlight of the stage.
Пуду селя
Селя
Всегта селя
Пуду останевать ш тибой

Пуду селя
Селя
Пудішь обеџать мни ито,
Што пудішь побать шо мной?
Pudu selya
Selya
vsegta selya
pudu ostanevat sh tyboy

Pudu selya
Selya
Pudish obedjat mni ito
Shto pudish pobat sho mnoy

The stage began to dim and transition to blue for the final time, as Ksenya sang the final lines, in English once more.
Love me, whatever you do
Oh, promise me this love is true
Ohhh...

After the final line, Ksenya resumed her position at the beginning, inserting the mic into its stand and bowing her head.

The band finished their instrumental, and the audio track came to a close. As the audience began cheering and applauding, Ksenya grabbed the microphone and shouted her gratitude to the entirety of the audience, albeit in her native language. "Спашева! Больная спашева, Земелвіденіе! Я тибя люпу!"
Last edited by Lupolska on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
praise kek

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:12 pm

22 - Normandy and Picardy
Maren - Empty Hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXmaDGAlLvU

When NNN were deciding on their entry for Worldvision, they decided to choose something daring, something different. They decided to look among young, unsigned talent, looking for someone to fly the Normand flag and to take the opportunity to further their career. They wanted someone who reflected the modern Normandy and Picardy, one ever looking forward to the future and ever-changing. And so they spent several months looking for someone who they hoped could carry on the nation's success, but more importantly someone who could make Normandy and Picardy proud. And so they came across Maren and her song "Empty Hours", which was in its nasscent stages. However, it instantly won the selection, even though "Ye Vui Vifant" had been leaked as a favourite prior to it. They worked with Maren, crafting the song into what it is now and offering her a contract with NNN music; an album is allegedly on the way. However, NNN didn't reveal the artist and song for a long time; the reason for this is unknown, although some believe that NNN nearly had a last change of heart. But no matter what, Maren will be flying the flag in Gorgona.

Maren, 18, who's full name is Marena Vargulis, was born in Caen, the capital of Normandy and Picardy, the daughter of a shopowner and a laundrette. She lived a generally normal childhood, going to a typical school and doing the sort of thing that young children do, messing around with her friends and the like. However, when she went to secondary school (In Normandy and Picardy, this is ages 12-15), her music teacher noticed her talent for singing, and helped her nurture it. Maren was offered a scholarship at the College of Music in Cherbourg, but refused so she could look after her mother, who was suffering with Cancer - luckily, she survived. Maren is currently in her first year of studying Nourmain Literature and Language, English and History at College (ages 18-20), but she also does gigs around the country and has worked with a number of producers. The song is, in Maren's words, a "complicated love-story". It tells of a woman who has previously been in a relationship with a man who has abused her, and now she is waiting for her real lover, her prince-charming to come home. She is haunted by the memory's of the path but she hopes she can do better.

The stadium is pitch black as the song begins, but a spotlight - blank white - shines the stage from an angle, showing Maren's face yet hiding some of her body in the darkness. It slowly builds an orange-yellow glow like a normal house light. The background is black but with fissures of white throughout, giving the impression that it is breaking out from behind the darkness, and the fissures also take an orange-yellow tinge. Maren holds her microphone with both hands, pulling it close to her and looking as she is nervous; this, the audience soon realises, is her putting emotion into her singing and the song. The camera pans around her slowly, remaining a few arms' distance away from Maren.

I'll stand aside in the silence
And I'll watch you go
I will wait in the shadows
With my sorrows
As the lights go out

I know I am scarred
But that's all that remains of who I was
So leave me to my nightmare
To the silence

During the bridge, the lights become more intense, and two more spotlights shine on Maren. The black in the background seems to flake off leaving the orange-yellow glow behind Maren. The camera lifts up and looks down on Maren, as she looks up to it; the effect is that she seems to be singing up to the viewer at home. She holds her arms out to the camera, as if appealing to the audience.

If life was easy
I wouldn't spend these empty hours looking for you, for you, for you

The camera fades back to the view of the stage of the front as the song begins, with Maren back to how she was before, except her hands are less tight on the microphone and she is no longer pulling it towards her. The background shows black wisps falling down the background, which settle on the bottom and begin to replace the white.

The empty hours keep marching on
I can see the walls closing in
Can see the demons break in
You know the empty hours caress my soul
And the voices scream in silence

The lights fades slightly, and the background is fully black, but as the verse begins the orange glows covers the stage in fullk, rather than through a series of spotlights. Maren has moved to the right of the stage, where she sits on the floor resting on a pane of glass. The cameras zoom in on her, also showing the dancer who is on the other side of the glass - this is supposed to represent her ideal partner, who does the typical sort of interprative dance stuff, before resting on the other side of the glass, turned away from Maren.

I know the sun is fading
To something new
But perhaps the new things
Are the old things, sent to haunt us
I know the madness well
I'm friends with the darkness, I'm friends will hell
So feel free to leave me standing
Waiting for you

During the second bridge, the lights fade, getting more and less intense, but not too harshly. Meanwhile, smoke begins to cover the stage and the glass becomes murky. Both Maren and the dancer stand up, and turn around to look at each other. The cameras pan around, showing different different shots of the two of them, as Maren seems to sing to the dancer.

If love was easy, I wouldn't spend the empty hours searching for you, for you, for you

The part of the stage where the dancer was goes dark and Maren returns to the centre of the stage, smoke around her feet, and singing as she goes. In the smoke the silhouette of a man, presumably the dancer, can be seen as the cameras show the stage from above, turned away from Maren before dissapearing with the smoke. The cameras then continue to pan around Maren, like usual.

And the voices scream in silence

The lights suddenly dim, and a single spotlight shines straight down on Maren. In the background the dancer can just be seen, walk around and seemingly waiting for Maren to come to him. The camera zooms in on her face as she sings this section.

I remember when I was young
I remember the songs that I sung
But that was so long ago
And that's not me any more

The dancer can be seen walking away as the final two renditions of the chorus are sung, with Maren putting all of her heart and soul into it. The cameras spin around her, yet not dizzyingly.

You know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide from myself

The empty hours keep marching on (from myself)
I can see the walls closing in (from myself)
Can see the demons break in (from myself)
You know the empty hours caress my soul (from myself, from myself)
You know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide from myself

As the song ends the lights fade until the stadium is once again left in black. Maren can be heard saying "Marci, thank you" as she leaves the stage for the next act.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates