NATION

PASSWORD

Fractured Reality Reboot OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Fractured Reality Reboot OOC/Signups

Postby Saint Morning » Mon May 30, 2016 6:59 pm

IC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=386250
Archive: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=379944
Introduction

Twelve heroes are thrust into a parallel universe .... a peculiar world that makes absolutely no sense! A world where the laws of physics no longer apply! But surviving is the lest of their worries. This world has been plunged into utter turmoil and the citizens are gradually losing fate as death claims the land and the weak suffer, leaving only those with the strongest resolve. The chances of survival are low and the likelihood of success is even lower....... Can our heroes possibly make it out of this alive?

Welcome to the World Of Fractured Reality! This RP is based off a fanfiction story a friend and I currently are in the process of writing and will feature places, elements and OC Characters from that universe. The story is simple, your character has been ripped from his/hers home universe and teleported to a mysterious new dimension ,more specifically, a lovely little planet called Peril, the reasoning is unclear but as the heroes explore the world and the story progresses they will find that they are on a journey to restore the world of Peril by traveling through the different layers and defeating god-like entities known as Guardians to bring balance to this godforsaken world.

Saga Information

N/A

Planet Peril
Peril is an interesting planet as it is divided into what is called Layers. Each Layer is completely different to the next and features it's own culture, time, Guardian, beliefs and monsters. The player must defeat a guardian to gain access to a new layer and to help liberate the people of Peril from their oppression.

The Forest Layer

The forest Layer is the first layer players will find themselves in, it is a completely hostile Jungle biome filled with Mushroom forests, killer flies and rubbery soil. The Sentient life on this layer is frighteningly low as monsters plague the area ,especially at night where the most dangerous beast rear their heads. Can your character survive the forest long enough to uncover the reasoning for them being there or will they be annihilated?

Guardians

As the Gods of each layer there initial duty is to protect their assigned layer ,however, they have become corrupted and now wish to supress the Perilians at all cost. Each Guardian is stronger than the last and it will take teamwork, skill and pure luck to best them in battle, however, once defeated a door to the next layer is opened up and your characters are able to advance to the next stage of their adventure.

Event System
When your character is adventuring the world of Peril they will encounter many hardships that will make their stay here even more exhausting for them and interesting for you. This System is completely random and you won't know when to expect them or how to prepare for them, these events can range from fighting of monsters that have appeared out of the foliage or the group being separated to saving a little girl or encountering the Guardian.

I will have complete control of this system, however, suggestions can be given by the players and ,with permission, my Co-ops can generate events themselves to either hinder or help advance the group's progress.

Goals

This Rp will also have objectives that need to be fulfil to help advance the story, these objectives will be posted under the announcement section and will have detailed description on what the player have to do. They will range from finding shelter for the night to capturing special characters to get information etc. The objectives along with the event system will provide players with things to do and hopefully keep the players interested in this Rp.

Co-OPs

Britanania

Character App and the Rules

Character App (Based off of Corrian's Blake Holsey High App)
Code: Select all
[u] Character App[/u]
**(Erase words in parentheses when finishing app)**

[align=center][size=150]Needed Information[/size][/align]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] 

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Picture is mandatory unless you can't find one suitable enough a picture, in that case, you'd have to write a detail description of your character. Not accepting anime pictures sorry)

[b] Abilities:[/b] (your character was brought to Peril for a reason! what mystical or physical abilities does your character possess?)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Moral Alignment:[/b] ( How your character will most likely make a situation work, and how they will react to a situation by trying. [url=http://easydamus.com/lawfulgood.html]Basic DnD alignment grid[/url]. While chosen alignment will not rule black and white over choices, it should influence them strongly.)

[b]Height, Weight, Body Type:[/b] (some extra titbits about your character)

[b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b]

[b] Bio/History:[/b] (At least a paragraph)

[b]Voice:[/b] ( a voice clip is preferred though you can just state the actor's name)

[b]Personal Skills:[/b] (This will help your character advance in this world, will your knowledge in mechanism help you utilise Perilian technology or will your knowledge of plants help you to avoid eating a poisonous plant)

[b]Sex Orientation: [/b](This RP's embraces everybody! Is your character Straight, Gay, Bisexual, Antisexual. What are they? This can effect who your character is, and how they react to people. Need specifics? Use the [url=http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/research/ak-hhscale.html]Kinsey Scale[/url])

[b]Theme Song:[/b] ( Optional.)

The Rules
1. No Metagaming, Godmodding, etc.
2. Keep things friendly in the OOC
3. My word is final
4. Absolutely no one Liners! Basically I want you to put an effort into your post.
5. Yes this RP does have a character limit, if interest is high enough it might be raised.
5. Have Fun!

Extra

Completed Layers

Forest
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=379836

If your interested in the world of Fractured Reality ( Which has a storyline that this RP is based off of but will NOT follow) you can read it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9546979/1/Fractured-Reality

Author's note: I've finally decided to bring this back to life. I've decided not to change anything from the original (Which died because I was a crappy OP)
Last edited by Saint Morning on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Mon May 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Accepted Character List
Neyla- Taigawa
Jamu- Utceforp
Elizabeth- Naval Monte
Tyroth- Shadowwell
Purilla- Faal Lot Himdah
Caite Grey- Britanania
Linus- Vulkanas
Vessan- The Olag Hai
Jack Joyce- Cristo
Elizabeth- Spindle

Grouping Desert
Last edited by Saint Morning on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Bro.
Tag.
Count me in. Is the app the same from the old RP? Can I just straight up pull my character?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Tag. But Saint, don't you have to post in my RP?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Count me in if possible dude.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Yeah you guys can bring your old character into this RP if you want.

Really? I've been waiting for you to response to me faal.

Edit: It's nice to see that you guys are still interested in this.
Last edited by Saint Morning on Mon May 30, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Saint Morning wrote:Yeah you guys can bring your old character into this RP if you want.

I will probably just make a new app.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Neyla will return.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 7:53 pm

I think most of the old people are still around.
Give them a few days, then start hunting.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Saint Morning wrote:Yeah you guys can bring your old character into this RP if you want.

I might as well make new app since I'm stuck using my xbox.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Taigawa wrote:

I might as well make new app since I'm stuck using my xbox.

Hows the process of getting your shit back going?

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 7:59 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Taigawa wrote:I might as well make new app since I'm stuck using my xbox.

Hows the process of getting your shit back going?

The bastards already sold it all. Now I just have to replace it.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Taigawa wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Hows the process of getting your shit back going?

The bastards already sold it all. Now I just have to replace it.

Really? What the actual fuck.
You can't fucking make them pay you for it? How the fuck does that even work, them getting away with theft because they sold the shit?

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Taigawa wrote:The bastards already sold it all. Now I just have to replace it.

Really? What the actual fuck.
You can't fucking make them pay you for it? How the fuck does that even work, them getting away with theft because they sold the shit?

We know who it was, Mom tried to chase them down, but our incompitant af Police pulled her over and refused to investigate them saying they were planning a raid on their operation. My only consolation is that the one who bought my stuff are now stuck with a nonfunctional xbox and tablet in addition to my newer one.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Taigawa wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Really? What the actual fuck.

We know who it was, Mom tried to chase them down, but our incompitant af Police pulled her over and refused to investigate them saying they were planning a raid on their operation. My only consolation is that the one who bought my stuff are now stuck with a nonfunctional xbox and tablet in addition to my newer one.

Sucks to be those suckers who bought that shit.
So, will the police crack down on the people who stole your shit or na?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Very interesting, though currently I'm having a bit of difficulty generating character ideas.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Utceforp wrote:Very interesting, though currently I'm having a bit of difficulty generating character ideas.

Anything and every-fucking-thing.
Steal stuff from any universe you like.
Though I already covered Doctor Who.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Very interesting, though currently I'm having a bit of difficulty generating character ideas.

Anything and every-fucking-thing.

I'm going to try avoiding universe-stealing. Seems a bit lazy, IMO.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Utceforp wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Anything and every-fucking-thing.

I'm going to try avoiding universe-stealing. Seems a bit lazy, IMO.

Meh.
We had a robin hood around, and some other things.
They'll be back.

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Mon May 30, 2016 8:28 pm

It sucks that other people think that they can just come into your homes and steal your stuff. I broke down when I came home to find that they had stolen my Wii U. (Which I worked bloody hard for)

Get reacquainted with your guides.
Flame

Character App

Needed Information

Name: Flame

Sex: Male

Appearance: Image

Personality: Flame is an energetic and excitable person, despite living on such a hostile environment, he quite the optimist and is very determined. However he can be very hot-headed and arrogant and is naturally distrusting of strangers but he has a big heart and is willing to help you get through a tough situation. But the PC's he's encountered will notice that he's hiding a big secret from them.... can you find out what?

Moral Alignment: Neutral

Height, Weight, Body Type:

Height: 5'8
Weight: 127
Body Type: Slim

Distinguishing Marks: His golden eyes and piercing red hair are the two most notable features about this peculiar kid who has manage to survive life on Peril on his lonesome.

Sex Orientation: Pansexual

Bio/History: Flame is a human you will come across on your adventures on Peril, he has apparently live by his lonesome since he was four but still retains some form of childish innocence and naivety. He will join you group if he feels welcomed and will act as your guide through the forest layer!

Voice: Dylan O'Brien

Loric

Name: Loric

Sex: female

Appearance: Image

Personality: Loric is your typical mean girl in a fantasy setting. She does what she wants and says what she wants not really caring what others think of her and only cares about her safety and well-being, she is very self reliant and only works with others if she gains something in return or she wants revenge on someone who has wronged her. But is there something underneath the layers of sarcastic, cruel and bitter comments or is she simply a bitch?

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Height, Weight, Body Type:

Height: 5'7
Weight: 125
Body Type: Slim

Distinguishing Marks: Orange-red hair and sea green eyes that seem to twinkle slightly in darker lightening

Sex Orientation: Pansexual

Bio/History: Loric past is well.... the past she doesn't have time to relive every single horrific experience she has faced nor does she have time to get attach to a bunch of losers who somehow managed to get stuck on the shit whole known as Peril. She is a master in healing and ,if the group manages to get on her good side, can trade resources and heal them if they get injured during their adventure.

Voice: Jennifer Lawrence
Last edited by Saint Morning on Mon May 30, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 8:35 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Taigawa wrote:We know who it was, Mom tried to chase them down, but our incompitant af Police pulled her over and refused to investigate them saying they were planning a raid on their operation. My only consolation is that the one who bought my stuff are now stuck with a nonfunctional xbox and tablet in addition to my newer one.

Sucks to be those suckers who bought that shit.
So, will the police crack down on the people who stole your shit or na?

They'd fucking better.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon May 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Red five standing by. I was told about this RP, sounds interesting and I may bring one or two characters from another RP that I'm in for this one.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon May 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Tag.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Character App

Needed Information

Name: Jamu'firan

Sex: Sexually male, due to species' biology may transition to female at some later date if he's in a leadership role.

Appearance:

Abilities: Great physical strength, the ability to see in the dark, the ability to climb steep inclines and walls with his bare hands, and incredible flexibility.

Personality: Abrasive, rude and highly solitary. Basically uses profanity instead of commas. Has a great deal of respect for (his interpretation of) medical ethics, and is very particular about following them, except when he's not. Prides himself for his intelligence, and hates being shown up. Chafes against and complains about both human and his own society's expectations of him, though since nobody on Peril will know what the hell he's talking about this may be confusing. Not adverse to violence if the situation merits it.

Moral Alignment: Neutral Good. While he's generally an asshole and something of a rebel, he likes to follow a code of ethics.

Height, Weight, Body Type: 7'0, 230 lbs, exoskeletal

Distinguishing Marks: Being an alien insect monster

Bio/History: Jamu is a Dabiran, a race of cave-dwelling, fish-eating, protandrous insectoid aliens with a rigid caste structure and a habit of swarming out of their caves like locusts when the population gets too high. Right after the first Dabiran created copper tools, an advanced society of humans landed on their homeworld and attempted to uplift them. Dabiran are naturally, and violently, solitary, due to their "swarming" instincts that make them highly aggressive in times of overpopulation. Humanity's attempts to urbanize the Dabiran backfired horribly as a result, ending in Dabiran stealing human ships and initiating a nuclear conflict. The female Dabiran leadership caste was completely wiped out as a result, along with most of the rest of the Dabiran population. Humanity occupied the Dabiran homeworld in order to restore order to the vestigial population, and after several years a stereotype of the Dabiran being warlike and dumb, a stereotype that the disillusioned Dabiran were seemingly happy to adopt, developed. It was in this world that Jamu was born. (Hatched, technically.)

Jamu was viewed as an anomaly by both species for his interest in the sciences, though before the failed uplifting he likely wouldn't have been. He was somewhat ostracized for not conforming to neither the developing Dabiran warrior culture, nor the old caste culture, nor even human culture. Despite this, he managed to make it into medical school through the military, and has ambitions of being a surgeon.

Voice: David Hayter

Personal Skills: Extensive knowledge of human, animal and his own anatomy. Ability to accurately use cutting tools. Calm (and often enthusiastic) in violent situations.

Sex Orientation: For the purposes of the RP, asexual. He isn't physically attracted to humans. Not necessarily aromantic though.

Theme Song:
Last edited by Utceforp on Mon May 30, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Red five standing by. I was told about this RP, sounds interesting and I may bring one or two characters from another RP that I'm in for this one.

Tracian Empire wrote:Tag.
Nice to see you both.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse