NATION

PASSWORD

A Royal Festivity (OOC|OPEN|APP)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

A Royal Festivity (OOC|OPEN|APP)

Postby The Unified Isles » Sun May 22, 2016 7:24 am

Queen Victoria´s Official Coronation Painting, Anno CCXIV

An Invitation
To the Queen´s Birthday

Greetings !

The grand honor hast fallen to me of inviting thy grace to this years birthday of our gentle Victoria the First, Queen of the Isles and the Northern Floates, Jarless of Warwick and Mercia, Lord of the Isles of Warwick and Middlesex, Regent of House Warwick, Sovereign of the Isle´ish Knights and Marshal of the Royal Army.

Did invite art the nobleman and governments of thy nations, long with their assistants and guards required. Thee might arriveth eith'r via ship in the Ports of Middlesex or via plane on the Essex District Airport.

The Location
The Main festivities shalt taketh lodging in the Grand Ball Cubiculo at the Royal Palace on the Isle of Middlesex.

Additionally, as this is a multi-day nonce, sleeping cubiculos shalt beest madeth free in the Royal Palace for the attendants.

The streets shall eke beest madeth cleareth for the parade of the Royal Retinue.

Time Table
Wednesday, the 25th of May - Arrival of the Guests
Thurdsday, the 26th of May - Military Parade in Honour of Her Majesty
Friday, the 27th of May - Free Day
Saturday, the 28th of May - Grand Celebration inside the Royal Palace
Sunday, the 29th of May - Departure of the Guests

People to meet

The Closer Royal Family
- Victoria the First, Queen of The Isles. Born in 1987 as first daughter of the beloved King James IV. Ascended the throne in 2014 after her father kicked the bucket surprisingly to a terminal cancer.
- Prince Henry (Born 1989) and Princess Anne (Born 1991). Younger siblings of the Queen, and currently considered Prince and Princess Royal. Both art currently engaged in a military career, with Henry being a Lieutenant in the Royal Lancers and Anne being a Cornet in the Jarl of Kent´s Own Harquebusiers.

The Late King´s Brothers
- Prince Arthur, currently professer for medieval history at the University of Dublin. A rather introvert Prince unconcerned with politics and military business.
- Prince Stanford, an artist. That gent and his jointress Susannah hast mostly retreated into their private gallery since the death of his fustyer brother.
- Prince Brenadn, a Sir of the Military. Unmarried and generally rather cynical. Currently Leftenant Colonel in the 2nd Royal Regiment of Aviation. Experienced helicopter pilot.

Other Isle´ish Nobility
- Sir Andrew, the Jarl of Kent. Hails from one of the most relevant gentle houses of the Isles. Hast a served with the Royal Navy for over forty years. Currently functions as Lord High Admiral, and one of the most did respect politicans on the Isles
- Sophia of Kent, his sister and jointess of the late King. Hast not madeth many public apperances in the recent years.

Government Functionaries
- Sir James Maitland. Lord High Chancellor. Hath grown up in a ingraft fishing family and worked his way up on the political ladder. Nowadays that gent is the headeth of government and considered the politican responsible for the recent renewal of the Isle´ish Hegemony.

OOC: This is a deposit of characters that I might use depending on requirement and demand. I might introduce some additional or other ones during the actual RP.

OOC: You´re Application
No formal application. Yeah !

Just write a short abstract telling me a little bit about the attendents you want to send. I will also check some of your other posts to see if there any good. While I don´t require novels (Hell I can´t bring that much quality) some general, reasonable standards are required.

Rules are:
1.) No Murder, Killing and WMDs (Limited Violence is allowed though)
2.) No explicit sexual content (Limited Lovemaking is allowed though)
3.) No OOC Chatter on the IC ! (Posting your IC posts on the OOC before hand is appreciated though ^^)
4.) All modern tech and human, please.
5.) No fascist nations or nations that are otherwise dictatorial will be allowed to attend for IC Reasons.

Foreign Dignitaries
- Major Fritjof Vang, Prince of Vangaziland & His Personal Retinue and Guard, First Lieutenant Juan Garcia and Sergeant Svenn Lamberg
- Major Sven Harssen, Duke of West Vangaziland
- James Munche, Prime Minister of the Grande Republic of Arcadia, his family and the 17th Arcadian Honour Guard
- Frederik Håkon Gustav Ólafur Ragnar Von Oldeburg, Emperor of Sjealand and Vernicht [Among many other titles]
- Princess Ming Minh of Dushan, and her Maids.
- Lady Florence Fisher, Member of the Victorianan Parliament
- Prince Reza al´Ryses, Heir Apparent to the Kingdom of Savand
- Princess Dana du´Laith
- Lord Sevastan d´Arcaven
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Tue May 24, 2016 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun May 22, 2016 7:43 am

This is just a quick Tag. Can't guarantee how up I'll be for this, I'd certainly like to introduce some characters from my new main
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun May 22, 2016 8:11 am

will tag this, no promises, what type of guest are you seeking if any
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 am

Flardania wrote:will tag this, no promises, what type of guest are you seeking if any

Mostly Government and Royality/Nobility, though Military Persons, Celebrities, Artists and Intellectuals are also appreciated.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun May 22, 2016 8:47 am

These are just the stock write-ups I have on these characters. I need to build Sven a bit more and since I build characters through RP, this RP should come in handy.
----------
Name: Fritjof 'Fritz' Vang
Titles: Prince of Vangaziland, Major - Vannish Army
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair: Black, military style fade
Eyes: Deep brown, with a dark blue ring

Successor to the Vannish Emperor

Thirty-two year old Prince Fritjof Vang is currently the successor to the Vannish Emperor, and of the House Vang. He studied at Overglade University, Vangaziland's most prestigious school in academics and athletics. He holds a graduate degree in International Relations & Business. The Prince made a name for himself as a student-athlete while playing lacrosse for Overglade. This was no small feat, as this meant his teammates were the nation's best. Some of them joined the pros or played internationally.

Fritjof is a fan of sports and is often seen among the crowds of his nation's many events. Of course, he has to wait until he can get time off from his unit. In fact, his world has become a balancing act of royal duties, military responsibilities and some semblance of a social life.

The Prince is a career officer in the Vannish Armed Forces. He has recently been promoted to Major. His service is within a Mobile Infantry Unit, utilizing the MOWAG Piranha V 8x8 vehicle. Being the successor, he was urged not to join the Army. It was the only thing he wanted to do in life and in the end, he could not be talked out of his goal. He reasoned that since all Vangazi had to serve 18 months, he should lead from the front as an officer.

He was a very hands-on kind of guy. If he wanted, he could have lived a totally sheltered and luxurious life. But he felt a desire to experience more.

Of course, the media is in his business. The military hides his professional life. The media can't get enough of his personal life. Any relationship garners a good deal of attention. Some television companies have offered millions of dollars for the idea of hosting a dating reality show with the Prince.

Prince Vang laughs it off but says he'd think about it if he could donate the money to charity.

The Prince is actually a bit modest. He's not often spotted in expensive cars, or flashing cash. There is a certain understatement to him, almost like he finds pleasure in the simple things.
-------

Name: Sven Harssen
Titles: Duke of West Vangaziland, Major - Vannish Air Force
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 192 lbs
Hair: Black, short flattop fade
Eyes: Light Brown

Now that he has been honorably discharged, information on The Duke of West Vangaziland's military career is finally being released. It appears he spent a majority of the past decade in the cockpit of Vannish F-16s. Major Harrsen seems cocky and outspoken compared to his cousin, Prince F. Vang. Fritz also turned down rank for years while staying active. Harrsen accepted it only upon completion of service. The cousins are similar in many ways, but their thought process differs.

Fritz and Sven grew up as good friends. They went to rival academies in secondary school and university and played each other in lacrosse, both playing midfield. Their rivalry continues to this day.
----------

Guard Duty
It is typical for soldiers from Prince Fritz's unit to moonlight as his guards during formal, diplomatic functions. It's an important incentive for these soldiers because such a mission is a quick, easy resume booster. Not to mention they get to travel and hobnob with Royals.

1LT Juan Garcia - Platoon Leader
SGT Svenn Lamberg - Forward Observer
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 am

Vangaziland has been accepted.

Grande Republic of Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 pm

tag, Im gong to post soon Im not on mycomputer
GRA overview
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636136
GRA military
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636075
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
American Conservative, leaning towards Fascism
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
~Benito Mussolini

Confederate Islands Of Paputu
Attaché

Founded: Mar 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate Islands Of Paputu » Sun May 22, 2016 1:12 pm

The Confederate Islands Of Paputu will soon apply with a delegation. Updates will be given in the next hours.

Vylaris
Secretary

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vylaris » Sun May 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Unified Isles, when you say no dictatorial nations, does this allow semi-absolute monarchies (this is val btw)?
Evil Sweden

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Sun May 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Vylaris wrote:Unified Isles, when you say no dictatorial nations, does this allow semi-absolute monarchies (this is val btw)?

I looked through your posts, it seems fine.

Also: "Semi-Absolute" is quite a contradictary term...

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sun May 22, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm interested. Is there any details in particular required for the application?
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun May 22, 2016 1:51 pm

I'll drop a few people in, although I think I'll have a think about exactly who first.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Dark Victoriana
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Victoriana » Sun May 22, 2016 1:53 pm

I have started a new nation so would be interested in sending an attendee.

Lady Florence Frobisher (45 yrs). Member of parliament. Recently widowed.
I play in character of my nations background, any offence caused is unintentional.

Do not upset Princess Kaiko, no seriously don't.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun May 22, 2016 3:25 pm

The Unified Isles wrote:
Vylaris wrote:Unified Isles, when you say no dictatorial nations, does this allow semi-absolute monarchies (this is val btw)?

My posts? :blink:

Its a shorthand for a complex mesh of conventions, laws and precedents that would normally allow for a democratic legislative body and a oligarchical executive body, but with the death of a previous emperor these have somewhat fallen by the wayside, allowing for some nobles to hold the effective reigns of power (who then squabble amongst themselves and tussle with the judiciary, the legislative body, and the advisors of an empress). Meanwhile there are two autonomous sub-kingdoms that are completely run by nobles/princes, one vassal state in a semi-permanent state of occupation, and one partially lawless border.
Now, that's a bloody mouthful (and not espcially relevant to this RP), so it didn't seem worth going into detail :P
Last edited by Valaran on Sun May 22, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Sun May 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Tagging this Thread. I am definetively interested, plenty of Aristocracy as well. Someone might or might not attend.

Valaran wrote:My posts? :blink:

Its a shorthand for a complex mesh of conventions, laws and precedents that would normally allow for a democratic legislative body and a oligarchical executive body, but with the death of a previous emperor these have somewhat fallen by the wayside, allowing for some nobles to hold the effective reigns of power (who then squabble amongst themselves and tussle with the judiciary, the legislative body, and the advisors of an empress). Meanwhile there are two autonomous sub-kingdoms that are completely run by nobles/princes, one vassal state in a semi-permanent state of occupation, and one partially lawless border.
Now, that's a bloody mouthful (and not espcially relevant to this RP), so it didn't seem worth going into detail :P

Sounds a lot like the current, ahm, Situation inside Dushan which is a wild mix of Constititional Monarchy, a sort disfunctional Parliament and some feuding Nobles and a semi-vacant Throne. Add a Military Junta and unrests there...
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Mon May 23, 2016 6:47 am

Attendants: Prime minister James Munche, Royal Family, 17th Honor guard
Transportation: Bullet proof GM SUV
The Arcadian Royal family will be attending this event, Prime Minister Munche had just received the Position of prime minister after his father retired. As he is here he wishes to see this nation, meet everybody and secure allies. He also hopes togain the respect of the Arcadian people, which he needs because of him being a fresh prime minister. He brought his family along to know the other cultures of other nations, due to his son being the next prime minister. His Father Former Prime Minister Andrew Munche we be coming along to advise his son on these situations.

*the Prime minister of my nation is a mix of a PM and a king.*
GRA overview
GRA military
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 23, 2016 7:07 am

Kwadai wrote:I'm interested. Is there any details in particular required for the application?

Not necessarily. Arcadia´s and Vangaziland´s apps are good for orientation, though.

Also: Arcadia has been approved. (Can you just tell me how large 17th Honour Guard and the Royal Family art ?)

Dark Victoriana: Please put a little more detail into this.

Valaran wrote:
The Unified Isles wrote:

What you mean is a dysfunctional democracy, right ? That´s technically fine, especially considering that the Isles are too going into that direction...
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sjealand
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealand » Mon May 23, 2016 8:47 am

Name: Frederik Håkon Gustav Ólafur Ragnar Von Oldeburg
Titles: His Imperial Majesty, By the Grace of the Gods, Emperor of Sjealand and Vernicht, King of the Danes, Jarl of the Swedes, Lord of the Norwegians, Thane of the Finns, Knays of the Sami, Duke of Asgård, Västergötaland and Vestfold. Grand Emperor of the Nickel Empire, Galbeon and Vernicht, Marquess of Ahletoft, Lion of the North and Lord Protector of the Realm
Height: 236 cm
Weight: 143 kg
Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Sea blue

HIM Frederik VI is the Grand Imperator of the Commonwealth of the Realm, and head of one of the foremost powers of Nadeyatsya. Wealthy beyond imagination he has lead his nation through countless wars with the Delian Union and his reign as seen the rise and peaceful end of the Atlantic Union. His diplomatic succeses include the warming of Sjealandian-Petrokovian relations and the creation of the Commonwealth and the Atlantic Union. As the head of state of 4 different countries he is one of the most influential political figures of Euphestia

Examples of former rp's (All from my region)
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 5&t=370379
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 13353a6a29
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 5&t=353844
Last edited by Sjealand on Mon May 23, 2016 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Mon May 23, 2016 11:12 am

The Unified Isles wrote:
Kwadai wrote:I'm interested. Is there any details in particular required for the application?

Not necessarily. Arcadia´s and Vangaziland´s apps are good for orientation, though.

Also: Arcadia has been approved. (Can you just tell me how large 17th Honour Guard and the Royal Family art ?)

Valaran wrote:

What you mean is a dysfunctional democracy, right ? That´s technically fine, especially considering that the Isles are too going into that direction...

6 royal family members and a small Regiment for the protection of the royal family
GRA overview
GRA military
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Grande Republic of Arcadia wrote:
The Unified Isles wrote:Not necessarily. Arcadia´s and Vangaziland´s apps are good for orientation, though.

6 royal family members and a small Regiment for the protection of the royal family

Small Regiment still ain´t very precise... That could be anything between ~500 and a few thousand.

Sjealand has been accepted.
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Mon May 23, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Attendants: Princess Ming Minh and six Royal Dushani Maids/Ladies in Waitings (who also serve as Bodyguards and assistants)
Transportation: Bullet Proof 1973 Chrysler New-Yorker Limousine
Arrivial: Via a Royal Yacht in the Port of Middlesex. (Ship Crew will not take part in the main festivities)
Misc: None, really. The Maids and the Princess might wear their ceremonial Dushani Daggers during officiall ceremonies though if permitted.

Princess Ming Minh of the Principality of Dushan might attend the festivities surrounding the Birthday of Victoria the First. Princess Ming is one of the few surviving descendants of the original Dushana bloodline and is known for her unconventional and eccentric attire and her adventurous past.

Born during a difficult Time in recent Dushani History in the Times of the Great War she has learned how to survive in a environment of political intrigue and more acute dangers. She is a former Member of the Dushan Armed Forces and was also a underground member of the Royal Guard during the Civil War in Dushan and knows both a Life in Luxury and under harsh conditions of Wartime as well. Not long ago she has been promoted to Honorary Major of the Royal Dushanian Army.

Recently she has become some sort of local Dushani Media darling, present at many Charity events, building up a new Image. Some believe her to be a potential Candidate for future Regency or even the Throne itself.
Last edited by Dushan on Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 23, 2016 12:37 pm

Dushan wrote:Attendants: Princess Ming Minh and six Royal Dushani Maids/Ladies in Waitings (who also serve as Bodyguards and assistants)
Transportation: Bullet Proof 1973 Chrysler New-Yorker Limousine
Arrivial: Via a Royal Yacht in the Port of Middlesex. (Ship Crew will not take part in the main festivities)
Misc: None, really. The Maids and the Princess might wear their ceremonial Dushani Daggers during officiall ceremonies though if permitted.

Princess Ming Minh of the Principality of Dushan might attend the festivities surrounding the Birthday of Victoria the First. Princess Ming is one of the few surviving descendants of the original Dushana bloodline and is known for her unconventional and eccentric attire and her adventurous past.

Born during a difficult Time in recent Dushani History in the Times of the Great War she has learned how to survive in a environment of political intrigue and more acute dangers. She is a former Member of the Dushan Armed Forces and was also a underground member of the Royal Guard during the Civil War in Dushan and knows both a Life in Luxury and under harsh conditions of Wartime as well. Not long ago she has been promoted to Honorary Major of the Royal Dushanian Army.

Recently she has become some sort of local Dushani Media darling, present at many Charity events, building up a new Image. Some believe her to be a potential Candidate for future Regency or even the Throne itself.

Accepted. Thanks for joining ^^

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Mon May 23, 2016 12:46 pm

The Unified Isles wrote:
Grande Republic of Arcadia wrote: 6 royal family members and a small Regiment for the protection of the royal family

Small Regiment still ain´t very precise... That could be anything between ~500 and a few thousand.

Sjealand has been accepted.

okay it is a small detachment of atleast 30 guards
GRA overview
GRA military
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon May 23, 2016 2:42 pm

My nation has a monarchy that is quite active in diplomacy and Head of State affairs. We have a Prime Minister at Head of Government. The Royals are attending. I feel like I should bring at least one more character to make it interesting... Hmm.

Figured I should share that about my government since I saw the topic kind of come up.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Mon May 23, 2016 3:11 pm

So when is the IC gonna be up?
GRA overview
GRA military
~General Patton
~Benito Mussolini

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates