NATION

PASSWORD

Monsters and Men(OOC/Signups/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Monsters and Men(OOC/Signups/Open)

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 2:09 pm

"If you're going through Hell, keep going"
IC Characters Theme Song

Introduction

Many years ago, long before we even began recording our history, there was a war. A war on a scale so massive, so unimaginably bloody and cruel that it spanned entire dimensions. Angels fell from the sky, and demons shrieked in agony. Gods and Devils alike felt physical pain, and a fear that you could never comprehend. Of course a conflict on this scale, although it ended over a millennia ago, had enough of an effect on our primitive society that stories of it are told to this day. Almost none of them a true.

Have you ever played the telephone game? You whisper something to your friend, who in turn carries on the message, until it goes around a circle and back to you. You'll find that the message you hear replayed to you is different from what it stared as. Well, as the story of this great war was told, generation to generation, it too changed in several ways. You've probably heard of it, an epic battle between Angels and Demons, between good and evil. And in the end, good won. The Demons were banished from heaven, and everyone lived happily ever after. That's not entirely true.

Angels and Demons fought, yes, but not as enemies, as allies. Two old rivals had fought side by side against a common foe, a terrifying race of creatures, created in a fevered dream by the creator. God and Satan are not two ultimate as they'd have us believe. They are just as capable of making mistakes as us humans, and boy did they ever make a lot of mistakes, the worst of which was the creation of the monsters. They come in many different shapes and sizes. Some are loud and brutal, capable of ripping entire armies to shreds, but some are more inconspicuous, though all are equally dangerous.

But of course, they were defeated. The armies of good and evil managed to drive the Monsters back, and banish them all to the Underworld, and place that made Hell itself look like a Tropical Resort. There they remain, shackled by loose and rusty chains forged in desperation and fear. But now, the chains are breaking. And it's only a matter of time before they snap.

But we don't have to worry. The Monsters were defeated once, they can be defeated again, right? RIGHT?

R.M Nixon High

Welcome, students, to R.M. Nixon Highschool, in beautiful Black Bay, Washington! The local public school of a small town, resting on the water of Puget Sound, R.M. Nixon is home to a wide range of students from different backgrounds. At first glance, it seems like a fairly normal school until you realize that it is widely regarded the most haunted school in the pacific northwest.

It's not uncommon for students to see phantoms wandering the halls at night, or for teachers to hear disembodied voices in the staff-room. Every now and then,posters and displays will fall of the walls for seemingly no reason, or things will move around in empty classrooms when no one is watching. For the most part, the staff and students are not particularly bothered by this however. It is just an interesting tidbit that makes the school unique, and it's not like anyone's ever been hurt. Well, technically not.

But by far, the worst part of the school when it comes to paranormal activity is the basement, where ghostly cries can occasionally be heard, or the odd unexplained crash. Rumor has it that a girl named Cora Brown disappeared after she ventured into the basement alone. This is of course, nothing more than a rumor, but the basement is blocked off to all students, and most staff as well. Anyone found trying to enter is liable to receive the most severe of punishments, but that is not a deterrent to some people.

Now, it is time for the school's annual Halloween dance. Everyone is exited, and all the 'cool kids' are going, but some have decided to use all the festivities as a distraction. Instead, they have planned to venture into the bowels of the school's basement and do a bit of ghost hunting. Nothing more than a bit of fun on the scariest nigh of the year, but they may be in for more then they bargained for.

R.M. Nixon High was built on top of a gate to the Underworld, and the monster on the other side are breaking free.

Rules

1- There is one true god here, me. The OPs word is law.
2- Of course, there's no god modding/flaming/meta gaming.
3- There is a max of 3 characters per person.
4- Be respectful of one another
6- PG-14
7- Try to respond to people as soon as you can, or notify them if you will be away for extended periods of time.
8- Having fun is not optional :lol:
Applications

Students
Code: Select all
[b][size=150]Student Application[/size][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (13-18)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler][/spoiler]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 
[b]Biography:[/b]  (At least one paragraph)
[b]Occupation/Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Special Items:[/b] (Not necessarily weapons, but anything they have that is unique to them)

[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]

[b]Theme Song:[/b] [url][/url]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

Teachers
[b][size=150]Teacher Application[/size][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (20 and up)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 
[b]Biography:[/b]  (At least one paragraph)
[b]Courses Taught:[/b]
[b]Special Items:[/b] (Not necessarily weapons, but anything they have that is unique to them)

[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]

Monsters(Monsters can either be playable or NPCs)
[b][size=150]Monster Application[/size][/b]
[b]Name:[/b] (Actual names)
[b]Nickname:[/b] (What they're called by Students/Teachers)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (If any)
[b]Creation:[/b] (When and where they where created)

[b]Personality:[/b] (If Applicable)
[b]Origin:[/b] (Basically their Bio, At least one paragraph)

[b]Skills:[/b] (Anything not Paranormal)
[b]Abilities:[/b] (Anything that is Paranormal)
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]

Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Tue May 24, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Resident of the Unified Coalition of Nations
Me OOC
Artwork made for the Landfish Empire

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Thu May 26, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Me OOC

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Chapters
Chapter 1: Mistakes Were Made
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA

Known Locations
R.M. Nixon Highschool
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Mon May 23, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Crimoria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 2:11 pm

I'll app though it be cool if we were allowed to be Angel or demons in secret.
(List of things I'm against)
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Note: Fallout 4!!!!!

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Crimoria wrote:I'll app though it be cool if we were allowed to be Angel or demons in secret.

I was thinking of allowing that. I might make an app for Angels and Demons, but might just include that as monsters.
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok will app then.
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat May 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Taaaaaaag. :D
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Student Application
Name: Thomas LeRoy
Appearance:

Birthplace: Weyburn, Canada
Nationality: American

Personality: He's quiet and calm in most situations, but tends to be more passive aggressive when he gets annoyed. He can be very determined and likes to finish what he starts, except for his schoolwork. He is very interested in anything paranormal, and extremely curious.
Biography: Thomas LeRoy was born in a small town in Saskatchewan in the 1999 onto his family's farm, the eldest of three boys. His family was nothing particularly abnormal, and for most of Thomas' life was quiet normal. Of course, growing up on a 200 acre plot of land in the middle of the praries, there was work to be done and at a very young age Thomas was experienced in things that most adults would find taxing; taking care of the cattle and horses, operating farm equipment and such things. Despite requiring all of their children work at home, Thomas' parents granted him a fair bit of freedom to roam the small town of Weyburn, which is were is love of the paranormal first sprouted.

Much to the displeasure of his friends, Thomas would drag them on ghost hunting expeditions though the local Mental Hospital, which had been slowly been vacated by staff and patients from the late 60s all the way until 2006. In the halls of the hospital, he found 'proof' of paranormal activity on multiple occasions, after saving up for Ghost Hunting Equipment with the money he earned from his parents. Unfortunately, the hospital was torn down, but that didn't stop Thomas. He expanded his efforts, exploring almost every haunted house in the province by the time he was 13. But it was when he was 13 that tragedy struck.

During a terrible farm accident, both his parents and youngest brother were killed, leaving Thomas and his second brother, Michael, orphans. It was an event that Thomas would never recover from emotionally, leaving him clinically depressed. Soon after the accident, Thomas and Micheal were sent to live with there Grandfather in Black Bay, Washington, leaving behind their old friends and their country. To Thomas, it was a small relief. Leaving behind his old life made coping just a bit easier, and the fact that his new school was supposedly haunted peaked his intrest.

Still, he rarley speaks of his family, and tries his best not to show the way he feels. Still, on occasion, it can be all too aparent.
Occupation/Hobbies: Burger King Cashier/Amateur Ghost Hunter
Special Items:
-Thermal Camera
-EVP Recorder
-GoPro
-Ouija Board
-Samsung Phone
-Grandfather's Colt 1911

Skills:Ghost Hunting, Working With Animals, Fixing Things (learned from working on tractors etc.)
Likes:Anything Paranormal, Scary Stories and Movies, Video Games, Marijuana (hush hush)
Dislikes:School, "Stupid People" (Anyone who he disagrees with), Call of Duty
Fears: Death, Losing his Brother, Spiders

Theme Song: Monster
RP Sample: Here
Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Sat May 21, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat May 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Teacher Application

Name: Jaith Kyer

Appearance: http://pre07.deviantart.net/82fd/th/pre ... 9di8zz.jpg

Birthplace: New York City, USA

Personality: A moral, strict, yet shy, man, Kyer is socially awkward, but superb in authority. While he prefers that students should listen and not be heard, he occasionally relaxes his demeanor in order to hear their opinions--once in a while. He tends to avoid social gatherings, but enjoys his book club at the coffee shop. Even though he is polite, he is known to be verbally rough if someone steps out of line.

Biography: Jaith Kyer was born in New York City on a below-freezing December day. An only child, he was lonely--and still is lonely--but very intelligent, graduating at the top of his class his senior year. The last thing Kyer wanted to do was go to college, and after socking away money from an assistant job at a library, he traveled to Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
He knew he couldn't travel forever, and moved to northwest for its "dreary weather", hoping living in a bland and depressing city would persuade himself to find his way in life. He eventually went to college to become a teacher, as his priest had suggested he get a job in "an environment of your fellow Man". He wasn't that familiar with the stories that R.M. Nixon High was haunted until he heard lore at a coffee shop. He passed them off as "just stories", but, a believer in ghosts and God, he decided to accept them, but knew, as a moral man and follower of the Ten Commandments, no paranormal harm could come to him.

Course Taught: Global History, Honors

Special Items: Kyer wears a cross that had been dipped in the pool Jesus was baptized in, and wears an Israeli flag pin above his tie that a rabbi had blessed when Kyer visited Israel. He claims that both items are holy and help ward off evil spirits.

Skills: Kyer is a good mediator, listener, and very loyal to people who successfully get on his good side. He is a black belt in karate, and is known for being a good hunter of deer and foxes.

Likes: History, books, flavored coffee, gourmet chocolate, decent conversation, animals, being alone, and being in charge.

Dislikes: Extroverts, parties, whiney people, students who don't do their homework.

Fears: Crowds, tight spaces, spiders, snakes.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnHA0a5NDEY

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=378240
Last edited by Krugeristan on Sat May 21, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Krugeristan wrote:Teacher Application

Acceptado!
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat May 21, 2016 4:20 pm

The Landfish Colonies wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:Teacher Application

Acceptado!

:hug:

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Did you add the demon and Angel thing.

(Things I love)

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Crimoria wrote:Did you add the demon and Angel thing.

Would you like me to make a separate app? If so I will, but you could use the Monster App like I said.
Embassy Program
Me OOC

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 4:41 pm

The Landfish Colonies wrote:
Crimoria wrote:Did you add the demon and Angel thing.

Would you like me to make a separate app? If so I will, but you could use the Monster App like I said.

It's might be like an hour before I get to making a separate app sheet for Angels/Demons, as I'm away from my desktop
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 4:42 pm

I'll use the monsters app that's ok.

(Things I love)

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm

b]Monster Application[/b]
Name: Arkius
Nickname: Rick Van Wely
Appearance:
demon form
[img]

Creation: He was born three hundred years ago. Like any normal demon in the fire pis of hell.

Personality: Quiet and cunning and yet very tempered. He doesn't like humans or angels but lives for the monsters destruction.
Origin:
Born in the fire pits of hell like most demons during his time. He was raised to fight these beasts that now roam the earth. Though at a young age he was also ot killed by an Angel and sicne then he has grown to hate all things that aren't demons.

Special Items: Four hell blades.
Skills: very good runner, smart and athletically gifted.
Abilities: Fire magic and teleportation and the ability to open portals.
Goals: He lives to see the monsters wiped out and will stop at nothing to do so.
Weakness: He is weak to holy items and is weakened by salt water and holy water.

Theme Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14
RP Sample: This is my first RP.
Last edited by The Landfish Colonies on Sat May 21, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Great and Eternal Landfish Empire and her Glorious Colonies
FT Factbook

(Things I love)

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm

I will add human form soon.

(Things I love)

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Crimoria wrote:b]Monster Application[/b]
Name: Arkius
Nickname: Rick Van Wely

Alright, but did you mention that he was going to secretly be a demon or something, like is he going to be posing as a student or teacher? If so, would you mind going into a bit more detail in his origins, maybe explain how he got into the school or something along those lines.
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Ventaion
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventaion » Sat May 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Monster Application
Name: Dettan-Karman
Nickname: Mask Spirit
Appearance:
http://fav.me/d9hc67i

Creation: Possession of an ancient mask, Dettan-Karman now annoys people for entertainment.

Personality: Acts like a gentleman, but don't let your guard down! Its just a act.
Origin: A demon that spawned from a ancient mask, he wanders the school causing stuff like lights to sort circuit or the aforementioned posters to fall of walls. He just likes to torment the living with slight inconvenience. Most of the time he just sleeps in a trophy case, but has been known to explore during night. After all the war of past civilization, his mask was buried under the school. Eventually, a escaping spirt from the Underworld collided with the mask and spawn this creature. Now he just likes to sleep, eat, put people threw a swarm of annoyance, repeat.
Special Items: N/A

Skills: Sarcasm, almost aproximent knowledge of everything, Able to make a annoying noise.
Abilities: Fire, Ice, and Sleep magic. Able to move objects telepathically. You know that time you cant get a song out of your head, or you hear something but no-one else does? Probably Dettan-Karman's doing.
Goals: Annoy people, annoy people, and annoy people.
Weakness: Logical Paradoxes
Last edited by Ventaion on Sat May 21, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
█✶█
The Magocacy of Ventaion

You can call me Vent, if you like.

Index Is Here
Tier 9
Level 7
Type 7

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Ventaion wrote:Monster Application
Name: Dettan-Karman
Nickname: Mask Spirit

Accepted
Embassy Program
Me OOC

New Commonwealths Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Commonwealths Union » Sat May 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Can i be a demon guarding the gate under cover of the teacher?
Indonesian, 18-year-old, Muslim-ish.

This country is based on EvilViking13's version of Fallout 4 Minutemen lore in his custom settlement videos. Hail General Dave!

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

New Commonwealths Union wrote:Can i be a demon guarding the gate under cover of the teacher?

I would allow it
Embassy Program
Me OOC

New Commonwealths Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Commonwealths Union » Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Teacher Application
Name: Faust von Heidreich
Appearance: http://stealthwatcher.deviantart.com/ar ... -413169378
Birthplace: Claimed to be born at Providence, Rhode Island

Personality: Strict, stoic, and a very no-nonsense guy. He has this brooding and intimidating air around him.
Biography: Claimed to move in here because of personal reason, he said he was used to teach in Boston but resigned.
Courses Taught: P.E
Special Items: N/A

Skills: Very strong, agile, and have a great stamina.
Dislikes: Holy items and holy books, or anything that have something to do with religion. He said he's an atheist and those things make him uncomfortable
Fears: N/A

Theme Song: Tom Day- Who we want to be
RP Sample: Down below

Monster Application
Name: Eest'ahho En
Nickname: Underworld's Gatekeeper
Age: As old as the war between monster and the good and evil
Appearance:

Creation: A long time ago from the ashes and dirt of the darkest and harshest pit of hell

Personality: Stoic, no-nonsense guy. Take his order to keep the Underworld chained very seriously.
Origin:

"Legend said that this abomination of a warrior was born from the ashes and dirt of the deepest floor of hell. Created only for one purpose, to seek and destroy any monster that may roam around hell, earth, and even the Holy Heaven itself. For he never born with the spirit of fire inside his soul, not even the damned one of hell, he knows no fear or anger...no mercy or even trickery like some of his demonkind have. And thus he truly became the brutal knight of hell, an unholy warrior that the devils and angels themselves glad to have him as ally rather than an adversary. Sooner than later he was regarded as a great addition in the battlefields, and with his appearance the war quickly turned to the Alliance's favor. After the war finally over and the good and evil have won, the two will never see each other on the same side again, except for the task of keeping the Monster down on the pits of Underworld, of which both agreed only Him the only one capable keeping them at bay."

Special Items:
- Spear of Eternal Damnation, which curse an ungodly pain spell upon whatever it stab.
- Shield of Hellfire, an unbreakable shield (like captain America level of durability) enchanted with fire spell

Skills: Excellent spearmanship, Great at Shield-based combat, Hands-on-hands combat mastery, very agile.
Abilities: Super strength, super endurance, enhanced reflex, enhanced senses, and rapid healing.
Goals: Keeping the Monster on the underworld at ANY cost
Weakness: No magic power whatsoever, weak to holy items

Theme Song: Because the red army is the satan army
RP Sample: First one here!
Last edited by New Commonwealths Union on Tue May 24, 2016 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Indonesian, 18-year-old, Muslim-ish.

This country is based on EvilViking13's version of Fallout 4 Minutemen lore in his custom settlement videos. Hail General Dave!

Crimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 pm

I will edit my app soon.

(Things I love)

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Sat May 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Crimoria wrote:I will edit my app soon.

Take your time :)
Embassy Program
Me OOC

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse