NATION

PASSWORD

This week in Political Correctness (Elsa's Girlfriend)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

This week in Political Correctness (Elsa's Girlfriend)

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 04, 2016 12:51 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 09046.html
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/ma ... riend-lgbt
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alisoncaporimo ... dubk5oJk0g

This week, Offended Inc. have released their newest political correctness campaign- make beloved children's movie character, Elsa, from the Disney Movie, Frozen, an LGBT character and give her a girlfriend. (Yes, this is a serious campaign, welcome to the 21st Century) Now really? Is there a need to make a children's Movie character a lesbian? I mean seriously?
There's even a hashtag #giveelsagirlfriend I mean seriously, is there really a need to push your political agenda on children and shove LGBT propoganda down their throats? You do realise it's a children's movie right? Where do you stand on this, NSG?

EDIT:
Disney doesn't want it. The self-righteous political correctness lobby are trying to force it upon it

EDIT: I don't know whether or not Disney have decided about whether or not they want it
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed May 04, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Sichem
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Wed May 04, 2016 12:52 am

But Elsanna is already a thing that people really really push for, right?

Right?
Last edited by Sichem on Wed May 04, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Am a 21 year old Jewish man, residing in Haifa, Israel. Hatzalah volunteer.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed May 04, 2016 12:53 am

Why necessary?

Not that I really care about what ones sexual orientation is.
But why put so much pressure on Disney for it? Leave it to fanfic writers.
Last edited by Jochistan on Wed May 04, 2016 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed May 04, 2016 12:55 am

if they had made her a lesbian from the onset people would be mad at that as well and calling it political correctness gone mad and wondering why they bothered doing it, so i'm disinclined to put much weight on the opinions of the PC gone made brigade.

otherwise i can't say i care that much all. people in their own spare time and asking a company to make a change to media they like. who gives a shit. oh no, the homosexual agenda, aaaaaaaa.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

Australian Republic wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/frozen-2-people-are-campaigning-to-make-elsa-the-first-lgbt-princess-in-disneys-history-a7009046.html

This week, Offended Inc. have released their newest political correctness campaign- make beloved children's movie character, Elsa, from the Disney Movie, Frozen, an LGBT character and give her a girlfriend. (Yes, this is a serious campaign, welcome to the 21st Century) Now really? Is there a need to make a children's Movie character a lesbian? I mean seriously?
There's even a hashtag #giveelsagirlfriend I mean seriously, is there really a need to push your political agenda on children and shove LGBT propoganda down their throats? You do realise it's a children's movie right? Where do you stand on this, NSG?

I really don't give a shit. If Disney wants and thinks it would good to make Elsa be gay that's fine with me, and if they don't do it that's also fine with me. I have other things to worry about like playing bills and finding that ever elusive boyfriend to care. I'd still watch the shit out of it though.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 04, 2016 12:59 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/frozen-2-people-are-campaigning-to-make-elsa-the-first-lgbt-princess-in-disneys-history-a7009046.html

I really don't give a shit. If Disney wants and thinks it would good to make Elsa be gay that's fine with me, and if they don't do it that's also fine with me. I have other things to worry about like playing bills and finding that ever elusive boyfriend to care. I'd still watch the shit out of it though.

Disney doesn't want it. The self-righteous political correctness lobby are trying to force it upon it
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Sichem
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Wed May 04, 2016 1:00 am

Australian Republic wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I really don't give a shit. If Disney wants and thinks it would good to make Elsa be gay that's fine with me, and if they don't do it that's also fine with me. I have other things to worry about like playing bills and finding that ever elusive boyfriend to care. I'd still watch the shit out of it though.

If Disney doesn't want it, then it's just not going to happen, no matter how many people we throw at them.

And I almost thought it was actually going to happen. Thanks, Netanyahu.
Last edited by Sichem on Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Am a 21 year old Jewish man, residing in Haifa, Israel. Hatzalah volunteer.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed May 04, 2016 1:02 am

Thermodolia wrote:I really don't give a shit. If Disney wants and thinks it would good to make Elsa be gay that's fine with me, and if they don't do it that's also fine with me. I have other things to worry about like playing bills and finding that ever elusive boyfriend to care. I'd still watch the shit out of it though.

"hey guys it would be nice you could do this"
"[no comment]"

"""force"""
Last edited by Souseiseki on Wed May 04, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 am

Then if Disney doesn't want it, why worry?
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:08 am

Jochistan wrote:Why necessary?

Which is ironic because this was a Disney story they wanted to focus on the relationship of family love between sisters not sexual attraction or even romantic attraction. So these campaigners are not only trying to retcon something established they're missing the point.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed May 04, 2016 1:14 am

The Alexanderians wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Why necessary?

Which is ironic because this was a Disney story they wanted to focus on the relationship of family love between sisters

>Scisstors.

Alright. I'll stop there.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:15 am

Jochistan wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Which is ironic because this was a Disney story they wanted to focus on the relationship of family love between sisters

>Scisstors.

That's terrible and I'm going to hell for laughing at that
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed May 04, 2016 1:16 am

Jochistan wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Which is ironic because this was a Disney story they wanted to focus on the relationship of family love between sisters

>Scisstors.

Thanks for giving me nightmares.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:>Scisstors.

Thanks for giving me nightmares.

Given how disturbingly prevalent the fandom for this...taboo activity is you'd have found out a similar mental image sooner or later.
Last edited by The Alexanderians on Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed May 04, 2016 1:21 am

The Alexanderians wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Thanks for giving me nightmares.

Given how disturbingly prevalent the fandom for this...taboo activity is you'd have found out a similar mental image sooner or later.

The sites I tend to visit do not deal with any being of the female gender, if you know what I mean. ;)
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Wed May 04, 2016 1:22 am

This is just stupid.
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Free Amazons
Secretary

Founded: Aug 14, 2013

Postby Free Amazons » Wed May 04, 2016 1:23 am

*shrugs* The gay never bothered me anyway.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed May 04, 2016 1:23 am

My question here is: Who gives a fuck about what happens to a fictional character? Elsa fanboys? More accurately, why should I give a shit about a rather shitty Disney story with fictional characters? And wasn't the right wing also bitching about the fact it was teaching kids sorcery and shit?

By the way, if you fap to Elsa and this is why you're screaming to the top of your lungs about this, you got serious issues.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed May 04, 2016 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:26 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Given how disturbingly prevalent the fandom for this...taboo activity is you'd have found out a similar mental image sooner or later.

The sites I tend to visit do not deal with any being of the female gender, if you know what I mean. ;)

You're of a...different persuasion? *checks sig* Indeed. In any case there is a disturbing amount of fans outright dedicated to the two sisters being...intimate. The idea absolutely baffles me. Like you've got one or two here and there in other fandoms but this fandom is filled with them.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:27 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:My question here is: Who gives a fuck about what happens to a fictional character? Elsa fanboys?

By the way, if you fap to Elsa and this is why you're screaming to the top of your lungs about this, you got serious issues.

About what are you detracting? Elsa getting a girlfriend or the backlash against the lobby?
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 am

God does the world ever worry about anything but garbage." Next week on world news let's make Batman gay".
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed May 04, 2016 1:30 am

The Alexanderians wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:My question here is: Who gives a fuck about what happens to a fictional character? Elsa fanboys?

About what are you detracting? Elsa getting a girlfriend or the backlash against the lobby?

The backlash against the lobby.

It's a fictional story. A rather shitty one at that. Let them have lesbians in it. Might become a better story than it was anyways.

As long as they change that song "let it go, let it go".... Please Disney, if you are going to remake this, take that fucking song out of it. Please, I beg you.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed May 04, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed May 04, 2016 1:31 am

It sure doesn't seem like the ones asking for Elsa to have a girlfriend are the ones who are offended here.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Wed May 04, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Wed May 04, 2016 1:33 am

The Imperium Empires wrote:God does the world ever worry about anything but garbage." Next week on world news let's make Batman gay".

Well I mean...there have been jokes about Robin since my Dad was a kid...
And BatWoman is a lesbian...
But no the tribalism so deeply ingrained in humans that creates identity politics influences us to try and project ourselves onto things we find desirable or admirable rather than creating something new from value and of value that embraces what ideals and values we hold dear.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed May 04, 2016 1:35 am

What about this is political correctness? Fans are simply requesting that a character they like have a girlfriend. Fans request things all the time. There's nothing uncommon about fans asking for their favorite character to develop a romantic interest. Many queer women have expressed that they wished they had a queer woman who they could have looked up to as a child, and would be happy to know that future generations of girls could have role models that actually represent them.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General