NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: The Jedi Lords (Planning and interest thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Factions or no?

Yes (Would require you to also create a character.)
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 15

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Star Wars: The Jedi Lords (Planning and interest thread)

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:14 pm

An interest/planning thread for a Star Wars RP I'm working on. The name is a KOTOR 2 influenced working title.

The Setting

For thousands of years there was peace and prosperity in the Republic and the Sith and the various incarnations of their empires hadn't been seen in generations. That was before the defection of a Jedi Master named Phanius, who openly left the order over ideological disagreements but secretly left to pursue dark side lore. He reemerged as Darth Ruin and rallied the isolated Sith clans to his cause. Darth Ruin waged war against the Republic and the Jedi but like so many of his predecessors he was defeated. His arrogance and desire for power lead to him sacrificing many of his followers in battle and they eventually turned on him and struck him down. At that moment however something changed to separate this conflict from the wars of the old Republic. The Sith did not fracture, but they were no longer organized either. They did not have a dark lord but they did not destroy themselves either. Unlike the short sighted empires that preceded them, they put aside personal power and instead devoted all of their resources not to stabbing each other in the back but to destroying the Republic. Thus even without a Dark Lord of the Sith, the war continued.

That was five hundred years ago. Since then these New Sith Wars have consumed the galaxy and driven the Republic to a state of total war repeatedly. The Sith are decentralized. Even if one Sith warlord is defeated the others have not been made any weaker. Thus even with its strength the Republic cannot end the war. Instead the galactic government is collapsing barely able to handle the strain of centuries of conflict. Entire regions of the galaxy descend into lawlessness as neither the Sith or the Republic is strong enough to rule them. Instead the Jedi Order has decided to restore order in these regions of the galaxy directly. Powerful Jedi were given regions to administer and protect. They reported to the Jedi Council instead of the Senate, and they ruled the regions they controlled in what could only be described in a feudal manner. They were bestowed titles and privileges by the citizens they ruled and soon became so powerful they no longer answered to the council on Coruscant but instead to their own council. They became known as the Jedi Lords. They commanded armies loyal to them. They enforced Republic laws as they saw fit. They became the front line of the war in the defense of a failing Republic, and they became law in the parts of the galaxy not controlled by the Sith. They became the dominant figures in the galaxy.

Outside of their control however are various Sith warlords. The conflict has hot and cold periods, at least in the eyes of the Republic. In cold periods the Sith are fighting each other and leave the Republic in relative peace. In hot periods they either team up or are temporarily united under one warlord to attack the Republic and carve out even larger chunks of the galaxy. It has been this way for five centuries and Sith warlords are constantly changing. Sith territory is not stable as the Sith are constantly fighting and forming alliances, then breaking alliances and fighting some more. Relatively organized Sith academies however draw students from all over the galaxy for whatever reason, and the Sith are constantly growing. Other powers in the galaxy include the Hutt Cartel and the Mandalorian Clans; almost as powerful now as they were in the days of Revan and Vitiate.

The Potential

In this galaxy pretty much everything good about Star Wars can be found somewhere. Lawless areas of the galaxy have room for criminals and rogues. Mercenaries and soldiers easily find work. Mandalorians and Sith run freely with Republic soldiers and Jedi, forging loose alliances and waging the war across the galaxy. The Jedi and Sith are here of course but both orders are more disorganized than ever. Jedi Lords answer to nothing but a council composed of themselves, and under their watch are Jedi and soldiers loyal to them, not Coruscant. Sith run around without a Dark Lord and can be pretty much whatever they want. A brutal Jedi out for personal gain? A passionate Sith out to make the galaxy a better place? Not only is it possible here but it makes sense. It's a confusing brutal time period.

The Work to be done

I made this thread to see if anyone would be interested before I start coming up with lore. But this thread also will help me figure a few things out. There's room for factions in this RP, but faction RPs aren't my strength so I'd definitely need a co-op. I can't decide currently if they'll be factions or not. I'd also appreciate anything anyone wants to contribute to the story and lore. Deciding where the RP takes place is also important. Since an entire galaxy is pretty big, I was thinking maybe a handful of nearby star systems with important locations like Coruscant and Korriban also being in the RP.

Any questions about the RP can be TG'd to me. If the lore especially is confusing, feel free to ask me about it or look it up on Wookieepedia as this is a real time period created by Lucasfilm sponsored writers. Don't feel turned off if you're not knowledgable in the EU, this isn't very complicated I assure you.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Heidelski
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Heidelski » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Love star wars...

COuld you make it though where its the rebellion vs the empire before the original trilogy? I have always wanted to do something like that...
I am a Nationalist Conservative Christian American Male. If you see spelling errors it is most likely my keyboard. It sucks. America!

Been In America since 1732!

Political compass:https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=4.0&soc=1.03
Trump 2016!
http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/1912582270

Pro: Life, Immagration, America, Military, Compulsary Military service, US imperialism, SK, Germany, German expansion, Francem Uk, Japan, Christianity, Guns

Anti: Illegal Immagration, Abortion, LGTB, NK, Chin, RUssia, Syria,ISIS, Obama, Clinton, Racism, Sexistism, weak military, burning the flag

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Heidelski wrote:Love star wars...

COuld you make it though where its the rebellion vs the empire before the original trilogy? I have always wanted to do something like that...

That's very different from what it's going to be sorry. :(

What aspects of the rebels and the Empire do you like though?

Heidelski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heidelski » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Heidelski wrote:Love star wars...

That's very different from what it's going to be sorry. :(

All of it. Like the originals way better than the second group though. I will still join. The main reason why is because of the real ground battles without very OP jedi's and the guerill warfare used by the rebels.
I am a Nationalist Conservative Christian American Male. If you see spelling errors it is most likely my keyboard. It sucks. America!

Political compass:https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=4.0&soc=1.03
Trump 2016!

Pro: Life, Immagration, America, Military, Compulsary Military service, US imperialism, SK, Germany, German expansion, Francem Uk, Japan, Christianity, Guns

Anti: Illegal Immagration, Abortion, LGTB, NK, Chin, RUssia, Syria,ISIS, Obama, Clinton, Racism, Sexistism, weak military, burning the flag

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Heidelski wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:That's very different from what it's going to be sorry. :(

All of it. Like the originals way better than the second group though. I will still join. The main reason why is because of the real ground battles without very OP jedi's and the guerill warfare used by the rebels.

There's definitely going to be Jedi in the RP, but also room for conventional warfare as well. There's also a lot of factions vying for power in the setting, so they would also have to rely on guerilla warfare and similar tactics to survive.

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:42 pm

If you need help with factions I am more than willing. pretty knowledgeable on EU and movies of course. If it is more character driven RP, which I like more as well, than maybe factions should take a backseat for a characters backstory with you the OP filling in NPC's from there.

Also it seems this is sort of a dark period of infighting and such maybe where Grey Jedi or Dark Jedi (Basically Revan and Malak) are thriving so their mission would be to balance out the complete evil of the Sith, level the greed of Hutts/The Exchange/Czerka Corp, destroy the stuck up or overly protective Jedi, and let average citizens rule leading to formation of the Senate and all.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Esselman wrote:If you need help with factions I am more than willing. pretty knowledgeable on EU and movies of course. If it is more character driven RP, which I like more as well, than maybe factions should take a backseat for a characters backstory with you the OP filling in NPC's from there.

Also it seems this is sort of a dark period of infighting and such maybe where Grey Jedi or Dark Jedi (Basically Revan and Malak) are thriving so their mission would be to balance out the complete evil of the Sith, level the greed of Hutts/The Exchange/Czerka Corp, destroy the stuck up or overly protective Jedi, and let average citizens rule leading to formation of the Senate and all.

You've described so well what I think this RP could be all about.

Grey and dark Jedi are rampant here, though this isn't a Chris Avellone esque rant about Jedi I promise.

If factions are allowed they would take a backseat to characters in the plot I set up with NPCs, but not necessarily with gameplay. I'll need a co-op for factions though because I'm not good with them.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Story does not seem to make a lot of sense, but it seems interesting.

At least it's something different for a SW RP.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:18 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Story does not seem to make a lot of sense, but it seems interesting.

I can clarify any questions?

That's also why I wanted to do this time period. It is different.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:24 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Story does not seem to make a lot of sense, but it seems interesting.

I can clarify any questions?

Just the progression of events is...difficult for me.

No Sith infighting even absent of a powerful leader? That kinda defies basic sith tendencies. Infighting was so common and crippling it basically inspired the Rule of Two if I recall correctly. Not to mention a long history of backstabbing and at least a dozen specific events where one sith betrayed another.

And Jedi setting themselves up as feudal lords? Definitely a new idea but also flies in the face of the Jedi Code, in fact had the Jedi never crossed the Republic they would still be monestary monks on Tython.

It's a interesting idea and I see you are aiming to create a maximum freedom environment but it just does not make much sense considering lore.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:29 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I can clarify any questions?

Just the progression of events is...difficult for me.

No Sith infighting even absent of a powerful leader? That kinda defies basic sith tendencies. Infighting was so common and crippling it basically inspired the Rule of Two if I recall correctly. Not to mention a long history of backstabbing and at least a dozen specific events where one sith betrayed another.

And Jedi setting themselves up as feudal lords? Definitely a new idea but also flies in the face of the Jedi Code, in fact had the Jedi never crossed the Republic they would still be monestary monks on Tython.

It's a interesting idea and I see you are aiming to create a maximum freedom environment but it just does not make much sense considering lore.

There is Sith infighting, that's why there's scattered Sith warlords instead of one Sith Empire. I mentioned the cold periods where the Sith are fighting each other instead of the Republic. It's just that the Sith haven't fought each other so much that they've been completely destroyed. They're dedicated enough to fighting the Republic that they are still around, whereas their ancestors back stabbed each other into oblivion.

I actually didn't invent Jedi Lords.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Lord

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Just the progression of events is...difficult for me.

There is Sith infighting, that's why there's scattered Sith warlords instead of one Sith Empire. I mentioned the cold periods where the Sith are fighting each other instead of the Republic. It's just that the Sith haven't fought each other so much that they've been completely destroyed. They're dedicated enough to fighting the Republic that they are still around, whereas their ancestors back stabbed each other into oblivion.

Ah, must have misunderstood. As for the Jedi Lords. :blink:

Sometimes I am glad the EU got nipped. Some stuff be crazy. Possession is forbidden but they can be granted Mansions? Strange times indeed.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:There is Sith infighting, that's why there's scattered Sith warlords instead of one Sith Empire. I mentioned the cold periods where the Sith are fighting each other instead of the Republic. It's just that the Sith haven't fought each other so much that they've been completely destroyed. They're dedicated enough to fighting the Republic that they are still around, whereas their ancestors back stabbed each other into oblivion.

Ah, must have misunderstood. As for the Jedi Lords. :blink:

Sometimes I am glad the EU got nipped. Some stuff be crazy. Possession is forbidden but they can be granted Mansions? Strange times indeed.

I'll try to make them more realistic in the RP. Basically Jedi who wanted to take a more direct role in protecting the Republic and like Revan and Malak they don't listen to the council. There's only going to be one Jedi Lord as an NPC anyways. Players could be one though if they really wanted.

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Esselman wrote:If you need help with factions I am more than willing. pretty knowledgeable on EU and movies of course. If it is more character driven RP, which I like more as well, than maybe factions should take a backseat for a characters backstory with you the OP filling in NPC's from there.

You've described so well what I think this RP could be all about.

Grey and dark Jedi are rampant here, though this isn't a Chris Avellone esque rant about Jedi I promise.

If factions are allowed they would take a backseat to characters in the plot I set up with NPCs, but not necessarily with gameplay. I'll need a co-op for factions though because I'm not good with them.

If you'd like I can be Co-Op for those things, check my sig for other RP's in case your worried about my personal handling of an RP!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Esselman wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:You've described so well what I think this RP could be all about.

If you'd like I can be Co-Op for those things, check my sig for other RP's in case your worried about my personal handling of an RP!

Would you still want to be co-op if it was character only? Not saying no factions, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyone else have an opinion on factions?

Heidelski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heidelski » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Esselman wrote:

Would you still want to be co-op if it was character only? Not saying no factions, but I haven't decided yet.

Characters are better...
Last edited by Heidelski on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trump 2016!

Great Feng
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Feng » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Only in this if you know the 7 forms of lightsaber combat and will make them important in the combat skill....

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Always down for Star Wars, and I'd like a chance to play as a Sith rogue warlord of some sort.

Didn't notice you at first, Rebel! Hello!

Esselman wrote:

Perhaps we can have it be character-driven yet host to factions? I imagine a lot of competing ideas between smugglers, mercenaries, Sith, Jedi, and Republic forces in the current setting that would require some major and minor factions alike. Something like, a person can apply for a faction, but must have a character to go with it/lead it? Perhaps also a limit could be set on how large/influential a faction can be?
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Sounds cool if we did something like this could I run a criminal syndicate ?
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:43 pm

It should be characters and factions
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Great Feng wrote:Only in this if you know the 7 forms of lightsaber combat and will make them important in the combat skill....

I do, but the app won't be Jedi/Sith centric.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

The Imperium Empires wrote:Sounds cool if we did something like this could I run a criminal syndicate ?

Don't see why not.

Heidelski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heidelski » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Great Feng wrote:Only in this if you know the 7 forms of lightsaber combat and will make them important in the combat skill....

Good. I want to have a rebel faction of ewoks and humans for endor independence!

Trump 2016!

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Because Rey knew all of them to be effective, amirite

Exactly, a good ol' blaster at your side beats hooky religions any day.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Can I Rp a criminal syndicate ?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse