NATION

PASSWORD

Summer on the Steppe (MT/PMT) [ATTN: Flardania]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Summer on the Steppe (MT/PMT) [ATTN: Flardania]

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:09 pm

The Divoushktide Palace, now being used as the new National Assembly Building

1345 Hours: Divouga, Guadalupador. (21/7/2026)

The Dorian Chief of Staff hectically ran through the procedures that the Grand Premier's staff would go through to make Kirishinan Diriegeant Arata Kasuga's first visit to Guadalupador go by smoothly. The staff intently took note as Grand Premier Saito Marcos, fresh from discussing matters of state with the National Assembly briskly exited the chamber. "When's Kasuga arriving?" Marcos asked bluntly.

"His flight will be at the airport shortly, sir." The Chief of Staff said, glancing over Kasuga's itinerary that the Kirishinan government sent him the night before.

"Everything needs to be ready, do you hear me? I hate surprises." Marcos said, in a sort of reaction to Kasuga's sudden visit. "As per unofficial tradition, each foreign leader that comes to Guadalupador must at least say a few words to a full session of the National Assembly on their first visit. Gregorio did it, Kiruyin did it, hell, even Silva did it a long time ago."

"Do you think he's ready?"

"I sure as hell hope so." Saito checked his watch. Kasuga was due to land within a few minutes. He turned towards his Chief of Staff, "I want him driven over ASAP. Got it?"

"Right away."

Arata Kasuga's first visit would certainly be a little bit more than the young leader bargained for...
I just suggest that we skip the whole arrival at the airport, and just start with the arrival at the National Assembly building
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Airport Airavals are fine so long as the post does not end at the airport

Divouga International Airport
Divouga | Guadalupador

Approaching the airport was the Boeing 747-400 plane set aside for the Dirigeant of the Taisuist Republic of Kirishima. On board was Dirigeant Arata Kasuga, and his Chief of Staff Hisako Arato. Kasuga made sure to get some rest as it was approximately a 14 hour flight which was long but necessary. Kasuga never had an opportunity to visit as he was an interim leader filling in for Kiryuin who decided not to run for reelection and the risk level in the now divided nation. Arata was here to strengthen and reaffirm their relation as allies, he also planned to visit his forces stationed in Bansua. Arata however did not know what to expect as Springfield and Kiryuin built relations with Yanama, Kiryuin and to a lesser extent himself built relations with Saiko but Marcos was really unknown to Kirishima. Arata was brought out of his thoughts when he felt the wheels of the plane hit the tarmac. After the plane pulled to a stop his security performed a check and after a while gave the green light allowing for him to step of the plane. Arata smiled for photos and news footage before he and Hisako stepped into his personal Seongwoo Taikyū with dark tinted windows and the blue with white lotus flag of Kirishima on both sides of the front end, ready to deliver him to the national assembly along with two dummy cars. As usual his vehicle was flown into town before he arrived.

As Arata was driven though the city within his Dorian motorcade, Hisako begun to prep him. "Kasuga-sama I must remind you that before you actually meet and talk with the Grand Premier you must follow the unofficial tradition of speaking before the National Assembly." Hisako stated as she held some documents. "I know and I am kinda prepared." Arata responded sheepishly. "W-What do you mean kinda!?, I'm sorry." Hisako exclaimed before issuing an apology. "It's alright I want a Chief of Staff that can be honest and blunt with me, I mean I have some talking points but I'm not over rehearsed. Also National Assemblies are unpredictable let alone foreign ones." Arata explained before looking out the window.

After a few minutes his vehicle arrived at the Divoushktide Palace and Arata along with Hisako walked inside the building waiting and ready for whatever comes next.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Flardania wrote:
Airport Airavals are fine so long as the post does not end at the airport

Divouga International Airport
Divouga | Guadalupador

Approaching the airport was the Boeing 747-400 plane set aside for the Dirigeant of the Taisuist Republic of Kirishima. On board was Dirigeant Arata Kasuga, and his Chief of Staff Hisako Arato. Kasuga made sure to get some rest as it was approximately a 14 hour flight which was long but necessary. Kasuga never had an opportunity to visit as he was an interim leader filling in for Kiryuin who decided not to run for reelection and the risk level in the now divided nation. Arata was here to strengthen and reaffirm their relation as allies, he also planned to visit his forces stationed in Bansua. Arata however did not know what to expect as Springfield and Kiryuin built relations with Yanama, Kiryuin and to a lesser extent himself built relations with Saiko but Marcos was really unknown to Kirishima. Arata was brought out of his thoughts when he felt the wheels of the plane hit the tarmac. After the plane pulled to a stop his security performed a check and after a while gave the green light allowing for him to step of the plane. Arata smiled for photos and news footage before he and Hisako stepped into his personal Seongwoo Taikyū with dark tinted windows and the blue with white lotus flag of Kirishima on both sides of the front end, ready to deliver him to the national assembly along with two dummy cars. As usual his vehicle was flown into town before he arrived.

As Arata was driven though the city within his Dorian motorcade, Hisako begun to prep him. "Kasuga-sama I must remind you that before you actually meet and talk with the Grand Premier you must follow the unofficial tradition of speaking before the National Assembly." Hisako stated as she held some documents. "I know and I am kinda prepared." Arata responded sheepishly. "W-What do you mean kinda!?, I'm sorry." Hisako exclaimed before issuing an apology. "It's alright I want a Chief of Staff that can be honest and blunt with me, I mean I have some talking points but I'm not over rehearsed. Also National Assemblies are unpredictable let alone foreign ones." Arata explained before looking out the window.

After a few minutes his vehicle arrived at the Divoushktide Palace and Arata along with Hisako walked inside the building waiting and ready for whatever comes next.

Grand Premier Marcos nervously tapped his foot in anticipation of Kasuga's arrival. "Tem, due, on..." Saito counted down under his breath. The double doors opened, and in walked in Arata Kasuga. The Grand Premier smiled, and walked over to cover the distance between him and Arata. "Diriegeant Kasuga, welcome to Guadalupador! I only wish that you'd have come a lot earlier, preferably when the country wasn't split into two." Marcos morbidly joked. "How was your long flight from Heiwa? I only hope it wasn't too tough." Saito continued, and started to walk alongside Kasuga as they both headed towards the National Assembly Chamber. Saito gave Kasuga several instructions on how to address the National Assembly: "Usually, a foreign dignitary addresses the Assembly with 'Exemplary Representatives' at the start of their address. I will introduce you, and you speak to them, don't worry about the very few representatives that don't speak English, a translator will help them. Side note: If you can know a little bit of Dorian, throw in some of it, they'll eat it up. Just go up there, address the Assembly, and everything will be alright." Saito opened the door to the full National Assembly Chamber, and thunderous applause started up as the two leaders walked up toward the podium. The Grand Premier gestured for a stop in the applause and started to speak: "Representatives of the National Assembly! Here today is the leader of Kirishima, one of the Federal Union of Guadalupador's greatest allies. Here he is to speak in this joint session, to speak of issues pertaining to both our great nations. I introduce you to Diriegeant Arata Kasuga." Marcos announced. He looked toward Kasuga, cuing him to speak, and stood back from the podium.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:19 am

Arata took a really deep breath and passed a hand though his bangs before looking into the crowd. Arata had many avenues to go down each with it's pros and cons but Arata ultimately decided to speak from the heart and deal with the results regardless of the result. "Mr. Grand Premier and the exemplary representatives that make up this room for such a warm and humbling welcome. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to you for inviting me to speak before you. As I stand in front of you today, I think of the honorable Ambassador Elena Tusavich. On behalf of Kirishima, thank you so very much for sending us such a hardworking ambassador. She is an individual both Satsuki and I on a personal level can call a friend and exemplifies the relationship between our nations.

Natayla Saiko also embodies this relationship between our nations. While we are sadden by the method her rule ended and what eventually followed we feel bless to have her among our people teaching our youth. I know that her hard work and passion will help make our youth better people. This my friends is another bond that keeps us together. We both are nations that do not have an abrahamic faith guide us, while others may see us as pagans the Dorian people believe in the old gods of Veii and live exemplary lives in the same way Kirishima believes in the Goddess Ilias and live good lives. We have both been wronged by certain groups whose proxies would love to see us divided.

Representatives, we know that times here are tough. It seems like just yesterday my ambassador resided in Nosamo, it seems like just yesterday Guadalupador was united. The scars are still here and the pain is still real. Everyone must surely at some point in the day wonder about the well being of the south. I am here to tell you all that will be no more. Kirishima is not a superpower we can not be everywhere in the world and rarely is it wise for us to engage in activities outside the pacific. My nation will always regret not able to do much at the time due to strategic and geopolitical reasons. However Kirishima values the Federal Union the way a brother values a sister. Guadalupador may be an IFC ally now but our relationship will not be just another obligatory one. Kirishinan's treat their friends properly and Kirishima will be here to defend the North regardless the aggressor. In terms of allies this nation has, is, and always be our first priority. May the old gods bless you all and may Ilias bless our alliance. An alliance based on Camaraderie!

Arata took another breath and passed his hand though his head again before grinning and stepping away from the podium.

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:19 pm

After a second-long pause, the entire National Assembly chamber erupted in applause, and cheers. A standing ovation to Arata Kasuga's speech warranted as the entire National Assembly stood up. Kasuga's speech on the tight relations between Guadalupador and Kirishima was something that the National Assembly needed, a positive reassurance that the government needed to hear in such gloomy times. Many Representatives felt solidarity with Kasuga, as he announced in Dorian for the Old Gods of Guadalan to help bless Guadalupador. Outside of the National Assembly, in mainstream Dorian society, a religious reawakening was occuring: More and more people that said that they were irreligious before were coming back to their Guadalani roots, as a way to save the religion, and Dorian culture as a whole from the threat of extinction poised by New Yama and Cuscatlan. The calling of an ally that would help defend them in a weakened state, not as a leader, but as an equal. Grand Premier Marcos smiled at Kasuga before going back up to the podium. "Thank you, Representatives of this great National Assembly, for being present on such an important occasion. I hereby mark this day's session of the National Assembly Adjourned. Thank You, and May the Old Gods Preserve Guadalupador, and Save New Yama." Marcos struck the gavel, and headed over to Kasuga: "That was wonderful, it's something that they needed to hear after report and report of Quardya and Silva tearing our culture apart at the seams in New Yama." Marcos patted young Kasuga on the shoulder, and gestured to walk alongside him, outside of the National Assembly building so that the two could face the press. As soon as one of the Grand Premier's secret service agents opened up the door outside, there were two podiums at the top of a series of marble steps, neatly placed next to one another. In front of them were countless journalists, from both Kirishima and Guadalupador. "Well, once again, we need to speak." Saito nudged Arata, and took to the podium on the left.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Arata breathe a sigh of relief during the applause glad that his improvised speech went well. Arata looked of the stage to see his Chief of Staff smiling with a thumbs up sign destroying the last of his doubts on his speech. After Marcos patted Kasuga shoulder and complimented him, Arata simply nodded and walked towards outside seeing the sea of press. By Ilias, I will never get over how quickly media presence can gather somewhere. Arata took his podium Hisako quickly gave Arata a thermos with his favorite blend of tea in it. Arata thanked Hisako before waiting for the first question to be directed to either one of them.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:46 am

Flardania wrote:Arata breathe a sigh of relief during the applause glad that his improvised speech went well. Arata looked of the stage to see his Chief of Staff smiling with a thumbs up sign destroying the last of his doubts on his speech. After Marcos patted Kasuga shoulder and complimented him, Arata simply nodded and walked towards outside seeing the sea of press. By Ilias, I will never get over how quickly media presence can gather somewhere. Arata took his podium Hisako quickly gave Arata a thermos with his favorite blend of tea in it. Arata thanked Hisako before waiting for the first question to be directed to either one of them.

"Now, we'll only be able to take a few questions before we leave, I'm sorry, but we're on borrowed time. You there, first question:" Saito announced and pointed at the young journalist in the front of the mob of journalists, with her hand raised high.

"Thank you, Duteria Dusamya, Divouga National Herald. Mister Kasuga, What do you hope to achieve during your first visit to Guadalupador?" The journalist asked with a mild Dorian accent.

"Grand Premier Marcos! I have a question too!" Another journalist for Guadalupador News Today cried out from beyond the crowd.

Marcos nodded, and gestured the journaist to come to the front of the crowd. "What would you like to ask?"

"I'm Mariano Disen, GNT want's to know if you're aware of the New Yaman broadcast interruptions along the islands?"

"I've been made aware this morning, that they've been attempting to interrupt television and radio broadcasts in order to shove Integralist propaganda down innocent people's throats, we're looking into ways to prevent such events from happening again. Next question?"

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Guadalupador wrote:"Thank you, Duteria Dusamya, Divouga National Herald. Mister Kasuga, What do you hope to achieve during your first visit to Guadalupador?" The journalist asked with a mild Dorian accent.

"As you know I was recently won my nation's national election. With all the pressure and campaigning over and done with I seek to reaffirm Kirishima's commitment to the longevity of the Federal Union. The Taisuist Republic was in a difficult position during the events of Nosamo but we are doing everything to make up for that not out of obligation but due to friendship." Arata took a sip. "Second I hope to coordinate with the Federal Union in various area from economic growth to managing refugees from the south."

After Arata finished speaking a KBC reporter had a question for Marcos.

"Kazumi Asakura, KBC World, Mister Marcos, we know that Kasuga-san has come here with his own goals to achieve as well as things to discuss with you. I am curious if you have anything on your end that you wish to discuss or accomplish in your talks with the Dirigeant?"

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Grand Premier Marcos switched to Dorian to answer the question: "For the most part, I'd personally like to focus on the security situation poised by New Yama, and the Cuscatlanis. On other topics, I'll be discussing the status of Dorian refugees in Kirishima itself, rather than refugees fleeing here. Another thing I want to accomplish are a few more trade agreements, maintenance of Most Favored Nation status in both of our diplomatic fields, that sort of thing. Thank you."

"Mister Kasuga, there have been claims spread over social media by alleged 'foreign policy expert' Vasiliy Panarin of the University of Mirsk that Kirishima intentionally worked against Guadalupador to split the country in two in cooperation with the Cuscatlanis in order to make the Federal Union into a Kirishinan puppet state, do any of these claims hold any truth to them in Kirishima's supposed inaction on the side of Guadalupador to do anything, or are they instances of propaganda?" A journalist from Guadalupador Defense Weekly asked.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Guadalupador wrote:"Mister Kasuga, there have been claims spread over social media by alleged 'foreign policy expert' Vasiliy Panarin of the University of Mirsk that Kirishima intentionally worked against Guadalupador to split the country in two in cooperation with the Cuscatlanis in order to make the Federal Union into a Kirishinan puppet state, do any of these claims hold any truth to them in Kirishima's supposed inaction on the side of Guadalupador to do anything, or are they instances of propaganda?" A journalist from Guadalupador Defense Weekly asked.

Arata mentally chuckled as he predicted he would be asked about that. It would seem he would need to defend Kiryuin legacy. Plus also he did not have to convince everyone as conspiracy theorists will always be out there. With that said he already had a response. "I was briefed as to the rambling of Panarin. It's easy to slander when someone is not there to defend themselves. Intentionally no, in hindsight may we have accidentally worked against Guadalupador it is possible. The inaction in the south is a point of embarrassment and shame that will linger in our society for a long time. Kirishima had exchange students who loss their lives at Nosamo University and at the Kirishinan Embassy. By no means did we want that to happen.

However let's remember that by the time Natayla reached Heiwa to meet with Satsuki, SACTO had already mobilized deciding to aid Silva's childish vendetta. By the time we even found it feasible to make a significant military contribution SACTO had a big foothold in Guadalupador which would mean already forfeiting SACTO membership and on our own invading the south. When I stepped in for Kiryuin I had two choices launch a strategic nightmare of a war or do whatever I can do to end the conflict. At the end of the day despite how hard Cuscatlan some other SACTO members seemingly try for us to be not members and how quick they can apparently turn on Kirishima. We have common interest against the far left. As my first decision as a leader I chose to use that membership to try an reason a ceasefire. When the north separated Silva got what he wanted but yes I got what I wanted. I wanted a Federal Union that can still see the star of democracy rise and set everyday. It is for that reason we also have forces in Bansua. If the south or Silva decide to finish what they started." *Takes a deep breath* "There will be no more excuses for inaction."

Arata then smile "I apologize for the long response but clearly this has been bothering me and I simply had to address it fully rather than politically." Arata stated with a bow

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Marcos responded as well: "In a sense, it's ironic that this Panarin figure, as well as the Cuscatlani public is claiming that Guadalupador is a quote: 'Flardanian Colony,' when Mirsk, his homeland, is a protectorate of the Nihonese Empire." The Grand Premier smirked. "We have time for two more questions..."

"Diriegeant Kasuga, Yonaten Digatan of the Tserdan Daily World: What do you think of the Caudillo of Gran Cuscatlan's remarks regarding you, and Kirishima? He said, quote: 'I am no big fan of Kishirima - Kasuga actually benefits us all. He may be not perfect, but he is too weak to do anything against conservative elite that dominates SACTO policymaking, and he proven himself useful in several cases. Of course that I know that if such conflict - Dios forbid - NIhonese, Riysans, Inyurstans, Merickians, Commonerians, Quirinese, etc. would drive with us. Point is - there is no real reason why such conflict needs to happen.' Will this continue to sour Kirishinan/Cuscatlani relations?"

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Guadalupador wrote:"Diriegeant Kasuga, Yonaten Digatan of the Tserdan Daily World: What do you think of the Caudillo of Gran Cuscatlan's remarks regarding you, and Kirishima? He said, quote: 'I am no big fan of Kishirima - Kasuga actually benefits us all. He may be not perfect, but he is too weak to do anything against conservative elite that dominates SACTO policymaking, and he proven himself useful in several cases. Of course that I know that if such conflict - Dios forbid - NIhonese, Riysans, Inyurstans, Merickians, Commonerians, Quirinese, etc. would drive with us. Point is - there is no real reason why such conflict needs to happen.' Will this continue to sour Kirishinan/Cuscatlani relations?"

Now that Kasuga was unaware and unprepared for. He quickly looked towards Hisako who looked just as confused and shrugged. Arata turned back to face the press. "This most certainly sour Kirishinan/Cuscatlani relations. You see peace sc-." Arata stopped himself and took a breath. "Silva has simply become too comfortable with a former enemy sharing a spot in his alliance. As I said before and will say again our interest in the fundamental goal of SACTO is aligned, hence the partnership. If he wants to keep pushing the Taisuist Republic away so be it. However let it be clear I am my own man and my people are their own people. We have no right to change SACTO policy so we don't not because we are weak. Take a look at Kirishinan society and values, it is clear that we can and will always continue to think for ourselves." Arata answered deciding to save his rant for the privacy of his talks with Marcos.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Flardania wrote:Now that Kasuga was unaware and unprepared for. He quickly looked towards Hisako who looked just as confused and shrugged. Arata turned back to face the press. "This most certainly sour Kirishinan/Cuscatlani relations. You see peace sc-." Arata stopped himself and took a breath. "Silva has simply become too comfortable with a former enemy sharing a spot in his alliance. As I said before and will say again our interest in the fundamental goal of SACTO is aligned, hence the partnership. If he wants to keep pushing the Taisuist Republic away so be it. However let it be clear I am my own man and my people are their own people. We have no right to change SACTO policy so we don't not because we are weak. Take a look at Kirishinan society and values, it is clear that we can and will always continue to think for ourselves." Arata answered deciding to save his rant for the privacy of his talks with Marcos.

Marcos shook his head at hearing what Silva had said. He looked back up, and returned back to the Guadalupador News Today journalist. "Ah, you once again."

"Yes, um... Will peace come to Guadalupador within the next few years?"

The Grand Premier sighed, he realized that the journalist ran out of questions, either that, or all of his questions were answered through other questions. "I surely hope so. It all depends on Quardya and Silva to promote an environment of peaceful coexistence. It's something that Kasuga and I both want here in the region, but unfortunately, for now at least, Quardya and Silva refuse any olive branch. Thank you, but as I said before we're running on borrowed time." Saito ended the conference, and walked with Arata over toward the Dorian/Kirishinan Motorcade on the street in front of them. After smiling and waving for the media, Marcos got into his limousine, and headed off to his residence. Now Kasuga and Marcos would finally be able to speak to eachother without the interruption of the media.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Once the conference was over he breathed a sigh of relief and followed Marcos to the joint motorcade. After a quick little show for the media Arata stepped his personal Vehicle along with Hisako as they followed the limousine.

*sigh* "Now that one question really caught me off guard." Arata exclaimed as he sunk back into the soft seat with as various Dorian buildings flashed by. "My apologies Kasuga-sama, it would seem the statements from the caudillo are very recent." Hisako explained. Arata nodded "Yeah it's not your fault but Silva is a petty piece of trash isn't he, anyways anything else I need to be briefed about that has happened recently?" Arata asked. "Um the Bolregian government has a response to what happened in Shadforad...' Hisako begun. "Aaaaaaaand?" Arata simply replied.

Hisako pinched her nosed the High King took to social media chalking it up to foreign propaganda. Also in response Senator Ayanami went ahead with the resolution." Hisako explained as Arata groaned. After awhile the joint motorcade arrived at Marcos' residence and Arata stepped out as he looked around the estate. He was confused at first as he thought they didn't arrive yet but just went with the flow. Arata then got ready to be led to Marcos' office or wherever exactly they would speak.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Flardania wrote:Once the conference was over he breathed a sigh of relief and followed Marcos to the joint motorcade. After a quick little show for the media Arata stepped his personal Vehicle along with Hisako as they followed the limousine.

*sigh* "Now that one question really caught me off guard." Arata exclaimed as he sunk back into the soft seat with as various Dorian buildings flashed by. "My apologies Kasuga-sama, it would seem the statements from the caudillo are very recent." Hisako explained. Arata nodded "Yeah it's not your fault but Silva is a petty piece of trash isn't he, anyways anything else I need to be briefed about that has happened recently?" Arata asked. "Um the Bolregian government has a response to what happened in Shadforad...' Hisako begun. "Aaaaaaaand?" Arata simply replied.

Hisako pinched her nosed the High King took to social media chalking it up to foreign propaganda. Also in response Senator Ayanami went ahead with the resolution." Hisako explained as Arata groaned. After awhile the joint motorcade arrived at Marcos' residence and Arata stepped out as he looked around the estate. He was confused at first as he thought they didn't arrive yet but just went with the flow. Arata then got ready to be led to Marcos' office or wherever exactly they would speak.

Marcos waived over Kasuga and lead him inside to a cozy living room with a tea set, and an assortment of small honeyed cakes on a platter in-between two large comfy chairs, laying on a rustic mahogany table. "Come in, Arata." Marcos said as he sat down. He smirked at Arata's last question. "Silva... I remember what Enrique told me about him, a very long time ago... Back when Yanama must've been in his early to mid twenties, only Grand Premier for a year or so. I know it was after Bethuana." Saito reminisced. "He and I were working out a deal to pass one of his bills to continually fund scientific research, and the topic of Tragenburg came up." Marcos laughed. "His face got so red with frustration, and he said: 'Silva is one of the most frustrating people to work with, he's a slimy, lying, cheating bastard acting like a teenager with a god complex. If, in the unfortunate chance you become Grand Premier, I hope you never have to deal with him.' It's safe to say, Enrique spoke a little bit of truth in that statement."

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm

"Ah yes Bethuana I was in Junior High School at the time. I heard the horror stories about Silva but I chalked it up to propaganda back then." Arata reminiscence. "However to be fair with the environment he grew up in, Silva sees this all as a game. Where individuals are nothing more than pawns in a greater game of ideological chess. I wish I could've heed Enrique's advise to you but you know you have no choice but to deal with Silva in SACTO." Arata added with a sigh

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:41 pm

"You were only in Junior High School then? By the Goddess, I'm an old man." Saito chuckled. "Silva is one for the history books, whether history looks upon him positively or negatively remains to be seen." Marcos poured Arata a cup of tea, and sat back down. "Now, what would you like speak about? Anything particularly pressing on you to discuss? I'm open to any topic."

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:04 pm

"Well first I would like to discuss the refugee situation. We have a lot of Dorian refugees from the south arriving in Kirishima following in Saiko's footstep. Now I have introduced legislation to make integration easier for many by setting up centers where they can learn at least on of the official languages, learn our history and about our faith in order to closer relate with fellow Kirishinans. Now with that said I have to things to take care of. First off is that no matter how many of these resources are avaliable their are those who came to Kirishima simply to escape the south but have no intention of being Kirishinan. I would like to simplify the process of them heading to the north, so that those who flee the south have the choice to become Kirishinan or use it as a safe space to head to the north." Arata explained

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Flardania wrote:"Well first I would like to discuss the refugee situation. We have a lot of Dorian refugees from the south arriving in Kirishima following in Saiko's footstep. Now I have introduced legislation to make integration easier for many by setting up centers where they can learn at least on of the official languages, learn our history and about our faith in order to closer relate with fellow Kirishinans. Now with that said I have to things to take care of. First off is that no matter how many of these resources are available their are those who came to Kirishima simply to escape the south but have no intention of being Kirishinan. I would like to simplify the process of them heading to the north, so that those who flee the south have the choice to become Kirishinan or use it as a safe space to head to the north." Arata explained

Saito listened intently. "I understand your concerns, and I propose that with our assistance we put together a joint advertising/information program of immigration to Guadalupador with special benefits for refugees that only wish to return to the Motherland, say a sort of tax break for refugees wanting to utilize your country as a pit stop before they come back to Guadalupador as an incentive of sorts." Saito poured himself a cup of tea before continuing: "Any good citizens who flee Quardya are welcome to come back into Guadalupador. But of course, this can also open up an avenue for espionage agents from New Yama exploiting such a proposed system... We need a way to weed out spies."
Last edited by Guadalupador on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Guadalupador wrote:Saito listened intently. "I understand your concerns, and I propose that with our assistance we put together a joint advertising/information program of immigration to Guadalupador with special benefits for refugees that only wish to return to the Motherland, say a sort of tax break for refugees wanting to utilize your country as a pit stop before they come back to Guadalupador as an incentive of sorts." Saito poured himself a cup of tea before continuing: "Any good citizens who flee Quardya are welcome to come back into Guadalupador. But of course, this can also open up an avenue for espionage agents from New Yama exploiting such a proposed system... We need a way to weed out spies."

Arata stroked his chin. "That is very hard to do in a modern society unless assuming guilt. The only thing I can think of immediately is reducing requiring a certain amount of time contributing to the Kirishinan economy before returning to the north. Which would mean it could take away incentives to layover in Kirishima for espionage. Maybe 1-2 years. Of course those that already have family in the north would go though a process in order to quicken such a reunion." Arata finished before finally examining the cup of tea. "What blend is this?" Arata also asked referring to the tea.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Flardania wrote:
Guadalupador wrote:Saito listened intently. "I understand your concerns, and I propose that with our assistance we put together a joint advertising/information program of immigration to Guadalupador with special benefits for refugees that only wish to return to the Motherland, say a sort of tax break for refugees wanting to utilize your country as a pit stop before they come back to Guadalupador as an incentive of sorts." Saito poured himself a cup of tea before continuing: "Any good citizens who flee Quardya are welcome to come back into Guadalupador. But of course, this can also open up an avenue for espionage agents from New Yama exploiting such a proposed system... We need a way to weed out spies."

Arata stroked his chin. "That is very hard to do in a modern society unless assuming guilt. The only thing I can think of immediately is reducing requiring a certain amount of time contributing to the Kirishinan economy before returning to the north. Which would mean it could take away incentives to layover in Kirishima for espionage. Maybe 1-2 years. Of course those that already have family in the north would go though a process in order to quicken such a reunion." Arata finished before finally examining the cup of tea. "What blend is this?" Arata also asked referring to the tea.

"I'm not too sure, Quardya might just start redirecting spies to start espionage operations in Kirishima, if they're being forced to stay one to two years in your country before moving over here. We're going to have to monitor the south, see what they're doing first." Saito said. "There's no doubt that DINA and the Ministry of State Security are in cooperation as of now. They're probably training them. If we learn what DINA is doing in New Yama, that'll give us a good idea of what sort of course the SSM would take." He took a long sip of tea. "Hm?" the Grand Premier was interrupted by Arata's question. "It's Dorian Black Tea, it has a natural mild sweetness to it. You haven't had it before? I'm disappointed in Elena for not introducing you to this blend." Marcos chuckled.

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:25 pm

"No I've had this blend before however there is a difference between recipes in it's nation of origin and aboard. I assure you Tusavich-san is doing a phenomenal job." Arata said with a smile before finally taking a sip. "Well I know that what I suggested wouldn't be a final solution but it would help to slow it down along with monitoring I suppose." Arata answered "Now when I met with the ambassador we talked about trade, a topic that I've been meaning to discuss with you." Arata added

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Flardania wrote:"No I've had this blend before however there is a difference between recipes in it's nation of origin and aboard. I assure you Tusavich-san is doing a phenomenal job." Arata said with a smile before finally taking a sip. "Well I know that what I suggested wouldn't be a final solution but it would help to slow it down along with monitoring I suppose." Arata answered "Now when I met with the ambassador we talked about trade, a topic that I've been meaning to discuss with you." Arata added

"Ah, yes. Trade. We do have to revise our trade agreements don't we? Since the north doesn't have certain resources and items, as the south and vice versa." Marcos said. "Now, of course that doesn't mean we have to totally rework our exports, we still have pomegranates, information technology and gemstones to name a few. I suggest that we develop some new treaties, or at the least reword existing treaties. Now, what we want is continued MFN status, trade subsidies and the like..."

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Arata looked at Hisako who nodded before handing him a Manila folder. Arata than passed the folder to Saito. "In that folder you will find our major exports and you can tell me whatever you are interested in receiving." Arata begun

Folder Contents:
"Vehicles (Commercial and Private), Rice, Meat, Electronics(Laptops), Ships/boats/other floating structures, iron/steel, Appliances, Automobile, ocean and Air Turbines , Pumps, Medical equipment, Clothing, rare earths, Anime/TV Programming, and Precious Metals(Tantalum, Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Silver)"

"Now continued MFN status is a guarantee. I can assure you no matter what, as long as my party is in charge and your nation is still democratic, that the Federal Union is the most favored nation in all sectors..."
Last edited by Flardania on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Flardania wrote:Arata looked at Hisako who nodded before handing him a Manila folder. Arata than passed the folder to Saito. "In that folder you will find our major exports and you can tell me whatever you are interested in receiving." Arata begun

Folder Contents:
"Vehicles (Commercial and Private), Rice, Meat, Electronics(Laptops), Ships/boats/other floating structures, iron/steel, Appliances, Automobile, ocean and Air Turbines , Pumps, Medical equipment, Clothing, rare earths, Anime/TV Programming, and Precious Metals(Tantalum, Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Silver)"

"Now continued MFN status is a guarantee. I can assure you no matter what, as long as my party is in charge and your nation is still democratic, that the Federal Union is the most favored nation in all sectors..."

"Hmmmm." Saito let out as he shifted through the papers in the manila folder. "Television Programming is always good, I'm sure that the native Dorian programming corporations would love to get a hold of the rights to broadcast popular Kirishinan programming, I'd suspect that KBS and the like would also like to capitalize on Dorian programs as well. On terms of agricultural products and food stuffs, rice is something that we might need. "In return, we have abundant supplies of millet, a stable chicken industry, as well as a flourishing aeronautics industry, and abundant deposits of copper. We'll supply you with a portfolio of Dorian import/exports at your request."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates