NATION

PASSWORD

Way of the Gods (Reboot/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Way of the Gods (Reboot/OOC/Open)

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Way of the Gods

What if I were to tell you a secret. That every event and important person in the history of mankind had some sort of connection to the gods. Not the monotheistic one mind you but the ancient ones. you see Norse, Greco-Roman, Egyptian; everyone thinks there all separate religions but their not. Their also as real as you and me. All those legends are real as well. Ever since Ra and Apophis began their fight the gods have fought over the balance of order and chaos through human hosts. Now the next chapter begins... are you ready to do your part?

You probably knew this was coming. You've always had strange stuff happening to you. Voices in your head, affection to certain animals, skills coming naturally to you. People probably think your gifted, or schizophrenic, or are some other sort of crazy. That's to be expected regular mortals have always looked down on us. We've been prosecuted for centuries by the world, even as we defended it. Now its your turn to help.

I will admit it was hard tracking you all down, not a lot of us stuck around after the last great war back in 45. For a little bit it was just me and Bast. Of course we all thought chaos had been vanquished or at least extremely diminished for good, as foolish as that thinking was. Now the various forces of chaos as back with a vengeance and we need your help to fight them.

Ok here's the deal. Your character is the host of a god of your choice, with the obvious exception of the biblical one. They have been chosen to fight the forces of chaos. Note that I didn't say evil, even the traditional bad guys like Hades and Set were on the side of good at some point in the myths. You will be based out of YC but the RP chapters will focus more on the fight with the forces of chaos. Now as a host here's a few things to remember.

Decelerated aging: As a host you will age a lot slower then regular mortals. its not uncommon for host who are 200 plus years old to look like their in their early middle ages. Now this won't mean much to most of your characters because outside of myself, co-ops and a few exceptions your characters will have only recently gotten your powers (we're talking within the last 10 years of your characters lives).

Voices in your head: You now effectively have a roommate in your head in the form of the god that has chosen you as a host. Note that this isn't a possession. You still have control over your body with a few excepts
1. Your character gives control over during fights, or the god takes control to ensure the characters survival.
2. You come in contact with a host of a god yours has a beef with (Set/Isis, Set/Horus, Poseidon/Athena)
These can be controlled over time as your character reaches what is called harmony, where a god and its host truly become one.

All other skills and traits are based on the powers your god has.
Character name:
Age(13-20 ideally):
Picture/description:
God character is merged with:
Godly powers (list as many as you want but bold your starting ones, your character will unlock others as the story progresses):
Weapon of Choice (all weapons have magical/supernatural properties but are based on actual weapons):
Bio/ personality ( at least two paragraphs, remember your character won't have much experience at this):
1. OP's word is law
2. Co-ops word is to be taken as law unless contrary to what OP says
3. No God modding
4. No one-liners
5. ???
sorry bad joke...
7. Have fun. Its fine for your character to be an a-hole in the IC, its not alright for you to be in the OOC

Character name: Allister Sinclair
Age(13-20 ideally): 120 (looks about 42-43ish)
Picture/description:

God character is merged with: Ra
Godly powers (list as many as you want but bold your starting ones, your character will unlock others as the story progresses):light creation, ability to use portals, fire manipulation
Weapon of Choice (all weapons have magical/supernatural properties but are based on actual weapons): Webley mk.1 and a cane sword.
Bio/ personality ( at least two paragraphs, remember your character won't have much experience at this): Born in 1896 to a wealthy influential family Allister grew up in relative comfort. While his childhood consisted of boarding schools and the like he gave all that up in 1916 to serve as an officer in the British army. His first taste of battle was on the first day of the battle of the Somme. That day and the next two years on the front would dramatically reshape him. After returning home he began hearing a voice in his head. At first he believe it to be combat fatigue or some other psychological issue. It was only after he was approached by another man who experienced the same thing. This man was older and took him under his wing in a mansion just outside London. there he learned the truth about these voices. That they were from the god Ra who was using him as a host. It was there he spent the next 20 years strengthening his power and gradually forming a strong bond with Ra.

Then the second great war erupted. Using his new found skills he joined the SOE under an assumed name. It was only after the war that he discovered that the conflict had been set up by the god Apophis. It was after this conflict that he began searching the world for more like him to train in their new base in America. His successes were few and far between. One of his first was a girl whose family had recently died in a fire in her London home in 1950, Katherine Cheshire.

He is a very friendly individual, so long as you do not attempt to harm his students, who he see's as his children. he is often one of the last ones to fight, having seen two wars worth of carnage. It deeply troubles him having to send his students out to fight the forces of chaos and greatly fears for them.

Character name: Katherine Cheshire
Age(13-20 ideally): 80 (looks 16)
Picture/description: http://i.imgur.com/rkMW5X0.png
God character is merged with: Bast
Godly powers: enhanced agility and reflexes, enhanced night vision, can survive falls from any height, creation of a combat avatar, shapeshifting.
Weapon of Choice (all weapons have magical/supernatural properties but are based on actual weapons): A set of combat knives of various sizes.
Bio/ personality ( at least two paragraphs, remember your character won't have much experience at this): Katherine was born to relatively poor family in London's east end. Here older brother regularly beat her and her younger sister. He thought she was a freak for claiming there were voices in her head. Then came the fire when she was twelve. She doesn't remember much, only that her mom, dad , and only brother perished in the flames and her younger sister later died of smoke inhalation. After recovering she bounced around the states child care system. She was often the outcast, discriminated for her weird habits and tendencies to care more for cats then people. After two years she was adopted by a man called Allister Stanley.

It was only after he moved her to his new in New York that she learned the truth. That she had been chosen as the host of one of Ra's most faithful lieutenants, Bast. As she learned more about her new role in the world, the more her tendencies and habits made sense. She soon developed a love for Gymnastics and after it was invented free running. she also learned how to be deadly with knives, a favorite weapon of her goddess. After decades of training she began hunting the forces of chaos as well as searching for new recruits.
While she presents a very carefree and boisterous attitude Katherine has a severe inferiority complex inside, always believing she isn't up to the task at hand. This may be due to events surrounding the fire. [/

Accepted apps:
UKP- Allister Stanley, Katherine Cheshire
Shadowwell- Wesley Jefferson
Branriech- Christian Evins
Videssos- Sakae Takanomiya
The Assorted Saharan Outposts- Ambrosia Selstine
THC- Tasha Knox, Jeanette Young
Utceforp- Ethan and Hanna Ahmadi
Last edited by United Kingdom of Poland on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:29 pm

If there is one Host in a family, is there likely to be another one? (IE, is Host-hood genetic?) I ask because I'm planning a sibling team.

On a related note, I'm reserving Enki/Ea and Nammu/Tiamat of the Sumero-Akkadian pantheon.
Signatures are so 2014.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Utceforp wrote:If there is one Host in a family, is there likely to be another one? (IE, is Host-hood genetic?) I ask because I'm planning a sibling team.

On a related note, I'm reserving Enki/Ea and Nammu/Tiamat of the Sumero-Akkadian pantheon.

I suppose it wouldn't be unexpected for certain gods/ goddesses to favor certain families.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Hoya, chaps!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Character name: Ethan Ahmadi
Picture/description:

God character is merged with: Enki/Ea
Godly powers: Hydrokinesis restricted to fresh water, the ability to summon both fresh and salt water at will from the Apsu, the ability to speak and read any human language both modern and ancient, the allegiance of the Gallu.
Weapon of Choice: Sharur, the mace wielded by the hero-god (and protégé of Enki) Ninurta. Aside from just being a very well-balanced high-quality mace, it can also fly at Ethan's command and (theoretically, it has never done so in Ethan's lifetime) can speak.
Bio/personality:
Ethan and his older sister Hanna are third-generation immigrants to Canada, and were born to a relatively well-off family living in southern Ontario. Both Hanna and Ethan were gifted students and highly academic, though Hanna was always more outgoing and athletic than her brother, while Ethan was a much harder worker and more ambitious. Ethan and Hanna were petty rivals like all siblings inevitably are, even into their late teens, where their feuds became more self-aware and more akin to games.

Whether due to magic genetics, the capricious whims of the gods, or simply random chance, their family on their mother's side had always had an unusual density of Hosts in it, though by modern day so many generations had gone by without a Host in the family that knowledge of the divine and the family's role in it had become distorted into mere rumours that they were predisposed for schizophrenia.

Hanna left to study biology at university, successful in school in spite of her lesser ambition in comparison to Ethan. That was when she first started hearing voices in her head. The stress inherent in being a slacker in a difficult program, multiplied by the stress of seeming to be developing a mental illness, lead to great difficulties for Hanna. This culminated in an event where, under the forcible control of the voice in her head, she broke into the archeology department of the university and stole a mace and an iron axe from the Mesopotamian collection. For strange reasons, the authorities didn't seem to know that the axe and mace even existed, and Hanna was compelled to not reveal their existence to them. She was kicked out of the university though, and moved back in with her brother and parents.

When she returned to her home, she opted to keep what she still believed to be schizophrenia a secret, and thus when questioned about her break-in at the university by her parents she could only say that she didn't know why she did it, driving a rift between her and her parents.

Meanwhile, Ethan had been suffering similar problems. He was looking to study history and mythology, and when he had been googling cuneiform texts, he heard a voice in his head telling him what they said, and began to hallucinate the symbols as letters of the alphabet, and vice versa. He began to question his reality, which only worsened when the voice in his head began to speak directly to him as well, telling him to prepare for "battle" and saying other such vaguely ominous threats. The simultaneous and inexplicable death of all of the fish in the river nearby his home soon afterwards didn't help either, though at least it seemed everyone could see that.

Eventually Ethan and Hanna confided in each other about their respective visual and auditory hallucinations. Hanna showed Ethan the two weapons that she had stolen from the university's collection, and they were compelled to protect and hide them.

One day, Ethan came home from school and Hanna came home from her new job to find their parents beaten to death and what looked like the entire front wall of their house ripped out. They understandably panicked, but Enki and Nammu stepped in. They introduced themselves, explained the situation as best they could, and began to give them instructions. Ethan, using his knowledge of mythology, was able to help Hanna understand. Ethan took the stolen mace, in reality the mythic weapon Sharur, and Hanna took the iron axe, in reality forged from a divine meteorite sent thousands of years ago by Nammu's husband Anu.

They followed the trail of destruction left by the creature that slew their parents, and found the demon Asag, ancient enemy of the god Ninurta, who had been attracted by Enki and Nammu bonding with Ethan and Hanna, and had mistook their parents for the two god's hosts. Asag cringed at the sight of the weapon that had slain him once before, but he still was considerably more powerful than the two siblings. Only after a vicious battle, during which Ethan and Hanna learned of their hydrokinetic powers and Enki and Nammu took control of their bodies, was Asag slain.

With nowhere left to go, Enki and Nammu directed the Ahmadi siblings southward, being somewhat aware of the work of Ra's Host and hoping that the two could find him. After crossing the border and living homeless for two months, Hanna and Ethan were found by Allister Stanley and taken under his wing.

Character name: Hanna Ahmadi
Picture/description:

God character is merged with: Nammu/Namma
Godly powers: Hydrokinesis (No restriction, and generally more powerful than Ethan's hydrokinesis), the ability to summon water from the Apsu, and the ability to animate clay figurines into living organisms.
Weapon of Choice: A magical Sumerian axe forged from iron taken from a meteor sent by the god sky-god Anu. Despite the inferior quality of normal iron (especially meteoric iron) in comparison to other metals, the magic of Anu makes its blade sharper and the metal more resilient than almost all steel weaponry.
Bio/personality: See above.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Surea
Secretary

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Surea » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:40 pm

-snip-

Completely scrapping this and going to work a different angle.
Last edited by Surea on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

so far so good.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:35 pm

I'll write up an app pretty soon here. No idea which gods to pick though, can it be an OC god-character?

The Gamer Monkey
Secretary

Founded: Feb 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gamer Monkey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Looks interesting,tagging this,gonna' try to have a app up before the nights over.

College Student and Athlete
Video-Game and RP Addict
Music Junkie
My girlfriend calls me her monkey and I love gaming do the math.
Call me GM

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I'll write up an app pretty soon here. No idea which gods to pick though, can it be an OC god-character?

OC?
also Bran, Utceforp either of you feel like being my co-ops.

Aragnok
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aragnok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Character name: Veridin Daun.
Picture/description: Shown below.
God character is merged with: Empanada.
Godly powers: Projects an aura of comfort, peace and tranquility.
Weapon of Choice: None.
Bio/personality: WIP
Last edited by Aragnok on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:I'll write up an app pretty soon here. No idea which gods to pick though, can it be an OC god-character?

OC?

Sure, why not?

Also, OC is "Original Character" IE, they want to make up a god for their Host to be bonded to.

Aragnok wrote:Character name: Peredin Fain.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7LB9geV.jpg[/img[
God character is merged with: Bill Cipher.
Godly powers: Luck/Chance manipulation, madness inducement ( via revelry ), foresight, can see through his symbols ( triangles ).
Weapon of Choice: A birch-wood cane.

Bill Cipher is from modern fiction, not myth, you know that right?
Signatures are so 2014.

The Gamer Monkey
Secretary

Founded: Feb 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gamer Monkey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 pm

May I please reserve Set?

College Student and Athlete
Video-Game and RP Addict
Music Junkie
My girlfriend calls me her monkey and I love gaming do the math.
Call me GM

Aragnok
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aragnok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Utceforp wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:OC?

Sure, why not?

Also, OC is "Original Character" IE, they want to make up a god for their Host to be bonded to.

Godly powers: Luck/Chance manipulation, madness inducement ( via revelry ), foresight, can see through his symbols ( triangles ).

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:35 pm

The Gamer Monkey wrote:May I please reserve Set?

sure

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Aragnok wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Sure, why not?

That... doesn't really answer my question.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and use my newly-gained co-op powers to deny your app in its current state (unless the OP overrules me, obviously.), since aside from contradicting the RP's canon ("Not the monotheistic one mind you but the ancient ones. you see Norse, Greco-Roman, Egyptian...") it's just a poor app in general (He's very overpowered, the character age is far outside of the suggested range without anything to make up for or justify it, the appearance and powers make me think he's going to be some sort of monstrous villain without any motivation than something like "he's insane", though obviously I don't know that for sure). I didn't want to pass any judgement at first because it was explicitly incomplete, but after thinking about it a bit I honestly doubt it's going to improve much with the addition of a bio.

EDIT: Also, some quick googling shows that you've used a name from Wheel of Time for your character's name. So that's two fictional characters that you're copying.
Last edited by Utceforp on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Utceforp wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:OC?

Sure, why not?

then to answer Brans question no, I need to be able to look up the god in Wikipedia to make sure your not BS'ing me.
and no to bill Cipher

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm

ok OP updated to include my apps if you need something to look at.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Aragnok wrote:

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and use my newly-gained co-op powers to deny your app in its current state (unless the OP overrules me, obviously.), since aside from contradicting the RP's canon ("Not the monotheistic one mind you but the ancient ones. you see Norse, Greco-Roman, Egyptian...") it's just a poor app in general (He's very overpowered, the character age is far outside of the suggested range without anything to make up for or justify it, the appearance and powers make me think he's going to be some sort of monstrous villain without any motivation than something like "he's insane", though obviously I don't know that for sure). I didn't want to pass any judgement at first because it was explicitly incomplete, but after thinking about it a bit I honestly doubt it's going to improve much with the addition of a bio.

EDIT: Also, some quick googling shows that you've used a name from Wheel of Time for your character's name. So that's two fictional characters that you're copying.

couldn't have said it better myself Utce. Unless serious changes are made consider it denied.

Aragnok
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aragnok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Aragnok wrote:
(Image)

Overpowered in what way? Oh so the age is restricted to teens? Didn't see that. He'd have a motivation of course. So villains aren't allowed either? Also the name of the character is based on said character but is changed subtly. I didn't know we weren't allowed to use names from other works.
Last edited by Aragnok on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Aragnok wrote:
Utceforp wrote:That... doesn't really answer my question.

Overpowered in what way? Oh so the age is restricted to teens? Didn't see that. He'd have a motivation of course. So villains aren't allowed either?

can manipulate luck/ chance and foresee the future. In other words cant be caught by surprise and is able to pull out victories by the most unexpected ways. also no to villians, I'd prefer they stay under mine or the Co-ops control so we can stay on the same page for the story archs involving them.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 pm

not even reading
not even taking the time to capitalize
just tagging

because yes
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Aragnok
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aragnok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 pm

Aragnok wrote:Character name: Veridin Daun.
Picture/description: Shown below. God character is merged with: Empanada.
Godly powers: Projects an aura of comfort, peace and tranquility.
Weapon of Choice: None.

Better?

Aragnok
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aragnok » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:19 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Aragnok wrote:
Overpowered in what way? Oh so the age is restricted to teens? Didn't see that. He'd have a motivation of course. So villains aren't allowed either?

can manipulate luck/ chance and foresee the future. In other words cant be caught by surprise and is able to pull out victories by the most unexpected ways. also no to villians, I'd prefer they stay under mine or the Co-ops control so we can stay on the same page for the story archs involving them.

I wouldn't have abused luck/chance manipulation though I can see why you would be wary of it. Alright fair enough. I also changed my character to a teenager since apparently that's preferred.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Character name: Blaise Plant
Picture/description:

God character is merged with: Verethragna
Godly powers: 10 different incarnations, each with its own unique power, making him extremely versatile in battle. He can switch between them in order to wield the Authority needed at that time. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be capable of using multiple Authorities at once.

Allowed him to wield the power of Wind. Also allowed him to hear and then teleport to a person who knows his face and is crying for help. With it he could travel anywhere in the world, even between the Netherworld and the world of the living. Verethragna was a god who had also dominated over kings, and under the widespread worship of Parthian and Sassanid Empires, he became a patron saint of the people. The symbol that best represented him was the wind, where he would transform into a gust of wind to protect people, and travelers would often recite prayers to or leave small figures of him in the street to pray for a safe journey.

Bull: Granted immense strength, rivaling that of Hercules due to Verethragna often being associated with him, with bulls symbolizing strength.

Represents his relationship to the sun since Verethragna's master Mithras, like Apollo, was said to have carried the sun across the sky in a horse drawn chariot. Allowed him to summon a horse that carries the Sun's power. It is easily the strongest offensive Authority he has in his arsenal.

It improves the user's close-combat ability; grants him incredible leg strength, detains the sensation of pain and grants extraordinary endurance, likely due to camels being animals with great durability.

Represents his aspect as a war god that allows him to summon a giant boar Divine Beast that tramples everything in its path.

Represents his aspect as the 15 year old youth that was the hero and the saint that watches over and protects the people. Gives him the ability to grant divine protection to those who swears loyalty to the user. Also allows Verethragna to give anyone who sees him as a hero commands that cannot be disobeyed, however if they no longer view him as a hero then they can break free from his control.

Allows him to move at god-speed, possibly due to raptors being seen as the swiftest animals on the planet.

Allows the user to be resurrected from near death injuries, however an instant death would prove it useless. While Verethragna was a god of victory, he was also a defender of kingship, which the ram possesses the deepest relationship with. In ancient times when herding could be equated with wealth, the sheep, able to grow quickly and reproduce with abundance, was a symbol of vitality and prosperity. Thus, the power to represent vitality was a perfect representation of the sheep which exhibited these traits.

This incarnation grants him the power to control thunder. The reason for this is because since ancient times, the goat and other horned animals were considered to be sacred beasts that symbolized great magical power, as horns were the symbol of special magical power since ancient times. Kings and priests often wore hats or helmets with horns to show that the wearer possessed power. Nomadic Indo-European tribes were also thought to have made analogies comparing the goat to lightning. The Greek god of the heavens Zeus was also intimately linked to the Goat, and the connection between him and Verethragna is further strengthened when considering that Verethragna was often equated to Heracles, the son of Zeus. He also shares close ties to the thunder god Indra.

Also a representation of his aspect as a war god that subjugated foreign deities. Summons a golden sword which negates divinity, and the power of any Authorities they may possess. However it requires knowledge of the target god to use. Duel wielding is also possible for two different gods but leaves him significantly drained as when he did against Melqart.

Besides his ten incarnations, Verethragna was also a god of the sun, and the dawning of a new day would restore his strength and energy to its peak.

Weapon of Choice: Sword of Mithra

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse